PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite NBA Team: Keep 3 Lose 3

goblazers7
08-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Choose three players that you would like to keep on your team and 3 players that you would not want on your team. Keep in mind their Contracts, Off court behavier, and age. I know this sounds dumb but I'm bored waiting for the NBA season to start, and this is something to do in the meantime. My favorite team is the Trail Blazers so I'll start it off. And if you feel like it tell us why you would keep or lose those perticular 3.

KEEP: Roy Aldridge Batum
LOSE: Rudy Camby Bayless

WHY I KEEP: I like Batums upside on defense and offense. He shot 40% from downtown last season and his defense is lock-down. Aldridge still needs to prove thats hes an all-star, but I still think he'll be a 20/10 guy someday. Roy is Roy, and that is why I choose to keep him.

WHY I LOSE: Rudy is a whiney b**** who had a decent rookie season and ever since he's thought he's an all star. Good luck getting the PT you want anywhere else. I LOVE Camby but hes extension is 18 million over the next 2 seasons and he'll be 38 by the time he leaves us. Bayless is a maniac with a basketball in his hands. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing. I cry and go into the fetal position when he checks into the game.

black1605
08-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Bobcats

Keep three: Wallace, Jackson, Thomas

Lose three: Diop, Najera, Mcguire

ManningToTyree
08-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Amare,Gallo,Randolph would be my keepers

Curry,Rautins, and Bill walker can hit the bricks

Baller1
08-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Keep: Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka

Lose: Kristic, Morris Peterson, and Ivey

Avenged
08-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Lakers

keep: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum

Lose: Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Devin Ebanks

Still a title contender ;)

dhopisthename
08-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Heat:
Keep:Lebron, wade, Bosh
Lose:Kenny Hasbrouck, Juwan Howard, Jamaal Magloire

What?
Bulls keep: Rose, Noah, Boozer

Lose: Deng worst contract on the team, Thomas won't affect much, bogans don't lose much

TheGsw
Keep: Curry,Lee,Ellis
Lose: Gadzuric,Bell,Vlad

SugeKnight
08-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Keep: Curry, Lee, Reggie Williams
Lose: Bell, Radmanavic, Biedrins

Buckwheat
08-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Cavs

Keep: Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, Leon Powe
Lose: Antwan Jamison, Anderson Varejao, Ramon Sessions

Jamison: Old, contract is pretty big.. Won't be anything special for Cleveland.
Varejao: I think everyone realizes his contract is ridiculous.
Sessions: Always have hated him.

ChiSox219
08-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Cavs

Keep: Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, Leon Powe
Lose: Antwan Jamison, Anderson Varejao, Ramon Sessions

Jamison: Old, contract is pretty big.. Won't be anything special for Cleveland.
Varejao: I think everyone realizes his contract is ridiculous.
Sessions: Always have hated him.

What is ridiculous about Varejao's contract?

Buckwheat
08-30-2010, 12:14 AM
What is ridiculous about Varejao's contract?

Maybe it's because I can't stand to watch him one single bit, but I always thought it was pretty much agreed that his contract was large compared to his worth.

Hellcrooner
08-30-2010, 12:14 AM
keep Kobe , Odom and Pau.

Lose Waltons contract, vujacic, and Bynums Kneee ( on a trade of course)

Ovratd1up
08-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Maybe it's because I can't stand to watch him one single bit, but I always thought it was pretty much agreed that his contract was large compared to his worth.

He's really underrated because he doesn't score, his contract is pretty fair for his production and impact.

And for Portland I would've kept Roy, Batum, and Oden.
You'll be hard pressed to find another three-some so underrated, these guys can be the core of a championship team.

Not that they're my team though.

KingsAndNiners
08-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Keep: Evans, Cousins, Greene
Lose: Sloan, Wright, Jeter

The only tough one was the final slot for keepers. Evans and Cousins are no brainers but there are several options for the last spot. Thompson, Casspi, Udrih and Landry. I ended up going with Greene because I think he has the most upside.

The losses were easy to select because they're just scrubs we signed for the minimum and we don't currently have any terrible contracts.

Spurred1
08-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Spurs:
Keep: Bonner, McDyess, Parker
Lose: Duncan, Manu, Hill

Mavs:
Keep: Kidd, Terry, Mahinmi
Lose: Dirk, Marion, Roddy

RocketPower2010
08-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Spurs:
Keep: Bonner, McDyess, Parker
Lose: Duncan, Manu, Hill

Mavs:
Keep: Kidd, Terry, Mahinmi
Lose: Dirk, Marion, Roddy

wtf....

and most people are just naming the 3 best and worst players from their teams. Guys with really bad contracts and bad attitudes usually fall between 4-9 (1-3 being the best and 10-12 being the worst)

jackdawson
08-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Wade, LeBron, Bosh

Juan Howard, James Jones, Kenny Hasbrouck

jackdawson
08-30-2010, 12:32 AM
wtf....

and most people are just naming the 3 best and worst players from their teams. Guys with really bad contracts and bad attitudes usually fall between 4-9 (1-3 being the best and 10-12 being the worst)

I hope she was kidding; Otherwise, it would be awful to think about.

brodawgs
08-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Keepers: Andrew Bogut, Brandon Jennings, John Salmons

Losers: Michael Redd, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, John Brockman

WHY KEEP: Bogut is hands down the best player on the team, it can be argued that he is the second best center in the East. Jennings in another year or two, will be the leader of this team and an all-star. Salmons, helped lead the bucks to the playoffs last year, an outstanding player up and down the court.

WHY LOSE: Redd is obvious, this guy is getting payed a ton of money and is easily one of the worst on the team. I like Luc, but he just didn't pan out as he could have after showing some promise his rookie season, not that Gooden is that great, but he's still better than Luc. Brockman is barely even a role player, ill take Larry Sanders over this guy as the second PF, assuming you dump Luc as well.

ryder78c
08-30-2010, 12:55 AM
keep Roy Aldridge Oden

Lose cunningham,pendergraph,Bayless

BlazingJ
08-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Portland:
Keep: Roy Oden Aldridge
Lose: Rudy Babbitt Pendergraph

The keeps are the pillars. no more need be said
Rudy again is already as good as gone. I like Babbitt and pendergraph but i just had to pick some and they are 3rd and 4th on the depth chart

goblazers7
08-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Portland:
Keep: Roy Oden Aldridge
Lose: Rudy Babbitt Pendergraph

The keeps are the pillars. no more need be said
Rudy again is already as good as gone. I like Babbitt and pendergraph but i just had to pick some and they are 3rd and 4th on the depth chart

Babbs gives us good depth if batum roy or wes goes down. hes on the cheap so I think I'd keep him. Pendergraph is a chemistry builder. IDC if we give him 800k to keep the chemistry together. But rudy was good haha

PHX2daDEATH
08-30-2010, 01:09 AM
keep
Dragic, Dudley, Lopez

lose
Grant Hill, Matt Janning, Hakim Warrick

WHY KEEP. Young players who imo havent hit the ceiling as far as pontential goes, Goran's shown what he can do, Lopez could be the center the Suns have waited 43 years for and Dudley is important for the indentity this team is trying to take..

WHY LOSE.
This was tough when looking at the roster, id like to hear other suns fans opinions!

DeShaun Brown
08-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Bulls

Keep Rose/Boozer/Noah
Loose Bogans/Johnson/Thomas

DoJoTheSlasher
08-30-2010, 01:15 AM
MAVS

Keep: Dirk, Roddy, Haywood

Lose: Terry, Barea, Ajinca

SouljahPhil...
08-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Keep: kobe.,pau and ron...

Lose: PUKE and sasha only..

k24springs
08-30-2010, 01:34 AM
Orlando:
Keep: Howard, Nelson, Lewis
Lose: Carter, Gortat, Duhon

WHY KEEP: Howard is the best center in the league I dont care if people clown him for his offense most teams would love to have this guy. Nelson when healthy is an All-Star caliber PG even though he is a shoot-first type I still love this guy. Lewis lets face it we are stuck with him with that contract. Anyway when given more shots he can flat out score from anywhere on the floor and when he plays well the Magic are tough to handle.

WHY LOSE: Carter was a disappointment other then Nelson he is the only one who can create offense for us and yet he took a bunch of fadeaway jumpers and failed to attack the rim when he has an open lane hopefully he does good this season since it his contract year. Gortat I think fell off last year and now were paying alot of money for a backup who only plays about 15-20mpg not to mention he plays soft defense. Duhon I was never a big fan of his even when he was at Duke. We should've drafted a young bigger PG to back up Nelson. Duhon shot 37% overall and 34% percent from downtown thats it for my rant.

DerekRE_3
08-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Kings
Keep: Tyreke, Cousins, Casspi
Lose: Beno, Garcia, Sloan

We get rid of 2 bad contracts and Sloan doesn't seem to be an nba caliber point guard.

ryder78c
08-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Babbs gives us good depth if batum roy or wes goes down. hes on the cheap so I think I'd keep him. Pendergraph is a chemistry builder. IDC if we give him 800k to keep the chemistry together. But rudy was good haha

pendergraph is like a crappy hype man everybody laughs at pregame warm ups the team had chemistry before he showed up and will continue if he's gone

ryder78c
08-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Kings
Keep: Tyreke, Cousins, Casspi
Lose: Beno, Garcia, Sloan

We get rid of 2 bad contracts and Sloan doesn't seem to be an nba caliber point guard.

kings

keep evans cousins thompson

lose jeter garcia jackson

xbrackattackx
08-30-2010, 02:13 AM
Lakers

Keep:
Kobe,Pau,Bynum

Lose:
Luke,Sasha,Brown

abe_froman
08-30-2010, 02:16 AM
rose/boozer/noah

johnson/bogans/...cant really think of a third i really want gone :shrug:

THE MTL
08-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Knicks

Keep: Gallinari-Randolph-Amare

Gallinari has huge upside. Three point assassin. And heart and determination that breeds leadership.

Randolph has perhaps the MOST POTENTIAL of every player in the NBA. The whole league is waiting for this guy to break out! Enough said

Amare is a beast! Top 5 PF in the game easily.

Spurred1
08-30-2010, 02:51 AM
keep
Dragic, Dudley, Lopez

lose
Grant Hill, Matt Janning, Hakim Warrick

WHY KEEP. Young players who imo havent hit the ceiling as far as pontential goes, Goran's shown what he can do, Lopez could be the center the Suns have waited 43 years for and Dudley is important for the indentity this team is trying to take..

WHY LOSE.
This was tough when looking at the roster, id like to hear other suns fans opinions!

You wouldn't keep Nash?

Spurred1
08-30-2010, 02:54 AM
I hope he was kidding; Otherwise, it would be awful to think about.

You are correct-I wasn't being serious. It would be pretty awful to think about. The pronoun I underlined in your response needs to be fixed, though.

jackdawson
08-30-2010, 03:10 AM
You are correct-I wasn't being serious. It would be pretty awful to think about. The pronoun I underlined in your response needs to be fixed, though.

lol..my bad..how would I assume you are a chick? So yea, it's "She" now.

Spurred1
08-30-2010, 03:14 AM
lol..my bad..how would I assume you are a chick? So yea, it's "She" now.

Well, now you know. So DON'T FORGET IT!:mad:

But your mistake was understandable-women don't really populate these types of forums.

zambo4president
08-30-2010, 03:14 AM
Chitown

Keep: Dee, Booz, Jo Jo

Ditch: Kurt Thomas, Keith Bogans, Asik

The Panch
08-30-2010, 03:46 AM
Indiana Pacers......

Keep- Danny Granger, Darren Collison, Roy Hibbert

Lose- TJ Ford, Brandon Rush, Lance Stephenson

My keepers are a pretty obvious choice to why I kept them, they would make a good core to any team. The losers, I like FOrd, he just will never play in Obriens system, so might as well get rid of him to get a big man. Lance, the season hasn't even started yet, and he is already in trouble for hitting his girlfriend, need to get rid of him before his next offence. And Rush, I haven't liked him since his rookie year, he plays good D, and is a good shooter, he just seems to scared to shoot, he will get an open look and pass it up, I gurantee if Reggie Miller or even Jason Kapono had them looks, they would shoot them every time.

xILLN355
08-30-2010, 04:05 AM
Keep: Wall, McGee, Hinrich
Lose: Arenas, Thornton, Yi

Covert
08-30-2010, 04:35 AM
Toronto Raptors

Keep: DeMar DeRozan, Ed Davis, Sonny Weems

Lose: José Calderón, David Andersen, Reggie Evans

JLynn943
08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Kings:

Keep: Tyreke, Cousins, Landry

Lose: Garcia, Wright, Dalembert (I like him, but he's not necessary and is making a lot of money)

ttam68
08-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Sixers

Keep:
1. Iguodala
2. Holiday
3. Turner

Lose:
1. Brand
2. Green
3. Young

Only one that really needs justification is Thad Young. I'd drop him because we spend so much time worrying about his future/potential/true position/playing time when I really don't think he's that great.

Khalifa21
08-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Keep: Amar'e, Gallo, Randolph

Lose: Rautins, Fields, Curry

goose15
08-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Knicks:

Keep - Amare Gallinari Felton
Lose - Curry Walker Rautins

Chacarron
08-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Keep: Gasol, Kobe, Artest

Lose: Walton, Brown, Ratliff

runforrestrunx9
08-30-2010, 10:47 PM
I think this is designed for a Sixers fan

Keep: Jrue, Turner, Thad

Lose: Brand, Iggy, Lou

Oefarmy2005
08-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Wolves:

Keep: Love, Beasley, Johnson +Rubio - since he is not in the NBA
Loose: Hayward, Milicic, Telfair

Bishnoff
08-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Suns

Keep: RoLo, Dragic, & Dudley
Lose: Jones, Warrick, & Janning

dfritz03
08-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Sixers

Keep:
1. Iguodala
2. Holiday
3. Turner

Lose:
1. Brand
2. Green
3. Young

Only one that really needs justification is Thad Young. I'd drop him because we spend so much time worrying about his future/potential/true position/playing time when I really don't think he's that great.

X2, couldn't of said better myself...

But for the Celtics who are my favorite... (Sixers are 2nd)

Keep: Rondo, Pierce, Perkins

Lose: Sheed/Sheed's contract, Marquis Daniels, and Luke Harongody.

Rondo is obviously the future for the team, Pierce is and always will be a Celtic for life, and Perkins is a great rebounder and top 3 defensive Center in the game today.

Sheed just completely underachieved, same with Daniels, and Harongody because I hated him with a passion in college.

masalex1205
08-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Bobcats

Keep three: Wallace, Jackson, Thomas

Lose three: Diop, Najera, Mcguire

I would definitely drop Diaw over Mcguire, Mcguire's contract isn't guaranteed I think

masalex1205
08-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Keep: Gasol, Kobe, Artest

Lose: Walton, Brown, Ratliff

Not dropping vujacic? :rolleyes:

nuggetsyankees
08-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Keep:Melo, Billups, Lawson
Lose:JR, Balkman, S.Williams

FOBolous
08-30-2010, 11:50 PM
ROCKETS

KEEP: Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Yao Ming
LOSE: Jared Jefferies, Mike Harris, Alexander Johnson

other than Yao, it's hard to decide who to keep. Luis Scola is a very solid and scrappy player who can give you a 20/10 at any given game. Shane Battier is an elite defender who is also a very good 3 pts shooter. But in the end, I opted to keep Brooks and Martin. Both Brooks and Martin are two of the NBA's best 3 pts shooter. Try to double off of either of them and they'll make you pay.

The "lose" catagory is easy. Jared Jefferies has a horrible contract and neither Mike Harris nor Alexander Johnson have any hope of cracking the rotation.

netsgiantsyanks
08-30-2010, 11:54 PM
keep:t-will, brook lopez, derrick favors
lose:kris humphries, johan petro, sean may

JerzeyFresh
08-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Keep
Jrue Turner Speights

Hit the road
Brand Willie Green and Iggy

Chacarron
08-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Not dropping vujacic? :rolleyes:

Why would I? ;) He is an expiring anyway.

Robbw241
08-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Keep: Harris, Lopez, Favors
Lose: Petro, Ross, Humphries

CB29
08-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Raps

Keep: Bargnani, Derozan, Barbosa

Lose: Calderon, Evans, Anderson

Blazers#1Fan
08-31-2010, 12:18 AM
blazers fan but i'll use the Magic

keep Howard Nelson Pietrus

Lose Lewis VC Reddick( big contracts 34 mill off the books)

i say those 3 yes they are pretty good there contracts are to big for there skill set

you could build around Howard Nelson better go out and trade those 3 for possibly a star player maybe even get Melo martin(expiring) for VC(team Option) Lewis Reddick+ picks+ Cash

Howard
Martin
Melo
Pietrus
Nelson

uprightciti
08-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Keep gallo amare randolph
Lose felton curry chandler

LA_Raiders
08-31-2010, 01:43 AM
Keep: Kobe/Gasol/Bynum ... WOW!!!

Lose: Puke/Ratliff/Sasha

gbrl
08-31-2010, 02:18 AM
keep collison granger hibbert
lose ford posey s. jones

pebloemer
08-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Raptor's.

Keep: DeRozan, Davis, Kleiza
Lose: Calderon, Bargnani, Johnson

Heater4life
08-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Damn the Heat suck for this game.....

Hawks

Keep: Horford, Smith, Crawford
Lose: Johnson, Williams, Bibby

Johnson is soooooo overated. and for max money. HA! He's a more athletic version of Mike Miller. Williams, hasnt really done much, Biiby is getting old, Crawford can play the point just as effectivly.

IndyRealist
08-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Indiana Pacers

Keep: Darren Collison, Danny Granger, Roy Hibbert
Lose: Tyler Hansbrough, TJ Ford, Dahntay Jones
(Thought I'd include full names since most people don't watch the Pacers)

Keepers: These are no brainers. Collison's the best PG we've had since Mark Jackson, Granger's a 2nd tier talent at 3rd tier prices, and Hibbert's 7'2". He just need to figure that out.

Losers: Hansbrough shot 36% last year, and he turns 25 this year. I have no idea what Bird was thinking. TJ Ford is all speed, no brains. Dahntay Jones can score and defend, but his contract sucks for how little playing time he gets, and he shot like 25% from 3. We also have a glut of wing players and need to thin it out so we can sign Magnum Rolle, a promising 2nd round rookie.

arosen36
08-31-2010, 10:45 AM
keep: turner, holliday, iguodala
lose: brand, willie green, kapono

sixer04fan
08-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Sixers:

Keep: Andre Iguodala, Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday
Lose: Elton Brand, Elton Brand, Elton Brand

97NYer
08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Keep: Amar'e/Gallinari/Randolph

Lose: Curry/Rautins/Walker

Get rid of Curry because he is a waste of space and Rautins and Walker because we have way to many wing players.

97NYer
08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Sixers:

Keep: Andre Iguodala, Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday
Lose: Elton Brand, Elton Brand, Elton Brand

:clap:

Mikey Roxx
08-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Suns

Keep: Dragic, Lopez, Dudley
Lose: Hill, Clark, Janning

The guys that I kept will, if they all stay in Phoenix, will become a respectable Big 3 set. They all have a lot of potential still, and will be the faces of the franchise when the time comes.

For the guys that I'd let go of, Hill pains me to put on the list, but I have to. He's still a very solid player no doubt, but he's not going to get any younger. Clark hasn't developed like expected in the two seasons he's been here, and doesn't seem to have much passion either. Janning, well, haven't seen enough of him to warrant a 'keep', and someone has to go.

stejay
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Lakers-

Keep- Kobe, Pau, Artest
Lose- Walton, Sasha, Ratliff

stejay
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
keep Kobe , Odom and Pau.

Lose Waltons contract, vujacic, and Bynums Kneee ( on a trade of course)

Bynum? There isnt a C out there better than Bynum we could get. All the other top 5 C arent moving anywhere. The only one we could nearly sign is Horford, in a years time.... And he is nowhere near as good as Bynum. Plus, Odom? A sixth man? Risky move