PDA

View Full Version : Next NBA franchise

stejay
08-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Where should the next NBA franchises be?

I think St Louis should be the location, followed by Las Vegas and Seattle... thoughts? Any other choices?

Jets012
08-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I dont see any NBA team going to Mexico City

Jays Claw
08-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Seattle should be first in line if anything.

stejay
08-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I dont see any NBA team going to Mexico City

In exhibition games, there has been huge turnouts, so you know it would be well supported. In fairness, that was the scrape of the barrel pick, but you never know in the future... In the long run

DMasta718
Seattle should get first dibs IMO.

bigsams50
Seattle

stejay
08-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Seattle should be first in line if anything.

I think so too, but dont think it will happen first. The arena would have to be privately owned and funded, and the NBA and Seattle aint exactly on the right terms right now

Venomous88
08-29-2010, 02:26 PM
I think so too, but dont think it will happen first. The arena would have to be privately owned and funded, and the NBA and Seattle aint exactly on the right terms right nowYou asked where we think it should be, not where do we think it's going to happen.

Personally, I think Seattle should be first. After them, I think Pittsburgh deserves a team. They're some of the best sports fans in the country.

Antipod
08-29-2010, 02:26 PM
I want to be Seattle, but Las Vegas has a bigger chance.

stejay
08-29-2010, 02:28 PM
You asked where we think it should be, not where do we think it's going to happen.

Personally, I think Seattle should be first. After them, I think Pittsburgh deserves a team. They're some of the best sports fans in the country.

yeah, I phrased it wrong, and I noticed after I posted it...my bad...

Venomous88
08-29-2010, 02:37 PM
yeah, I phrased it wrong, and I noticed after I posted it...my bad...It's alright :p

In that case, Vegas will probably be the next place to get a franchise

Vidball
08-29-2010, 02:40 PM
I just moved from St. Louis (lived there for 6 years)...they don't even really consider the NBA a sport there. I guess it would change if they got a franchise, but that is a baseball town and nothing else.

stejay
08-29-2010, 02:41 PM
It's alright :p

In that case, Vegas will probably be the next place to get a franchise

I hoped St Louis would have a franchise by now, just hasnt happened after the Hawks and the Bombers, and obviously the Sonics need to be back in the NBA. Saying that, it will be Vegas, and probably wont be too long. Although, they will probably have to bring 2 into the league..... so yuo never know Sonics...

stejay
08-29-2010, 02:46 PM
I just moved from St. Louis (lived there for 6 years)...they don't even really consider the NBA a sport there. I guess it would change if they got a franchise, but that is a baseball town and nothing else.

I have friends in St Louis who say that it would be supported. Never been there, just relaying his information. Streetball is relevant there, and some recent NBA stars have come out of St Louis. Plus, they have a ready made stadium in the Scottrade Center.....

Hangtime
08-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Charlotte lost a francise and gained one so maybe a solution can be resolved in Seattle. I miss the Sonics.

daleja424
08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
seattle should get its team back... but two teams would need to be added. so Id add seattle in the west and Louisville in the east.

WolvesJagsOs
08-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Louisville? ehh, i think like some1 mensioned earlier, I think Pit would be a good place.

Cano4prez
08-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Seattle

eugene
08-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Vegas ;)

Kakaroach
08-29-2010, 04:28 PM
I think Seattle for sure. The fans deserve a team back up there.

black1605
08-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Seattle.

Charlotte was really lucky to get a new team so quickly.

Khalifa21
08-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Seattle or Louisville.

stejay
08-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Seattle or Louisville.

If one, it will 2 teams, as you need 1 in the East, and 1 in the West

xbrackattackx
08-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Gotta be seattle, they got robbed.

mvb815
08-29-2010, 06:17 PM
montreal imo would pull a lot of money

stejay
08-29-2010, 06:20 PM
montreal imo would pull a lot of money

Nahh, I cant see that one if I am honest

masalex1205
08-29-2010, 07:00 PM
None. If anything, the NBA needs to shrink, not expand. (and this is coming from a Bobcats fans knowing we would be one of the first to go)

stejay
08-29-2010, 07:01 PM
None. If anything, the NBA needs to shrink, not expand. (and this is coming from a Bobcats fans knowing we would be one of the first to go)

Wont happen...the NBA wants more teams. More teams = more money. Easy as that.

Switch
08-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Vegas

stejay
08-29-2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527593

SERIOUSLY???????

stejay
08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Gotta be seattle, they got robbed.

Agree...Seattle have to have a team, no excuses after "Sonicgate"

llemon
08-29-2010, 07:49 PM

I've lived in St. Louis for 10 years after spending my first 50 in Manhattan.

You're right. NBA would not draw in St. Louis.

iFYouSeekAmy
08-29-2010, 07:50 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527593

SERIOUSLY???????

LMFAO. Oh wow.

iFYouSeekAmy
08-29-2010, 07:52 PM
San Francisco or San Jose. It would stir up a rivalry in the Bay...Seattle would be a great place , too.

stejay
08-29-2010, 07:55 PM
San Francisco or San Jose. It would stir up a rivalry in the Bay...Seattle would be a great place , too.

Nice thinking, kinda, there. Except I think they may be too close to Oakland to work... but you never know.

NYKalltheway
08-29-2010, 08:01 PM

Seattle would be great(er) indeed. Also this requires a new team in the East. There was a thread about North Carolina City somewhere :clap::p:p:p

effen5
08-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Seattle or Vegas

No offense to Canadians but I also would not GIVE Canada another team even though Toronto has some great fans.

effen5
08-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Seattle would be great(er) indeed. Also this requires a new team in the East. There was a thread about North Carolina City somewhere :clap::p:p:p

You mean like the Bobcats? :facepalm:

stejay
08-29-2010, 08:05 PM

Charlotte, NC.

xM1GSx
08-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Lv

Nets fan 93
08-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I vote Seattle. I like the idea of Vegas getting one but Seattle always had the fans. they were stripped of a team that was rebuilding.

NYKalltheway
08-29-2010, 08:13 PM

it's a joke man calm down.. check the bobcats forum

stejay
08-29-2010, 08:19 PM
I vote Seattle. I like the idea of Vegas getting one but Seattle always had the fans. they were stripped of a team that was rebuilding.

You dont rob a team with Durant :facepalm: The city of Seattle and the NBA should be ashamed..

NYKalltheway
08-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Clay Bennett should be ashamed as well

DzJackson10
08-29-2010, 08:30 PM
I would like Kc to get one or nm

iFYouSeekAmy
08-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Nice thinking, kinda, there. Except I think they may be too close to Oakland to work... but you never know.

Nah not really. Golden State Warriors would have to have a name change, if it does right now it'd be Oakland Warriors.

Once that happens, maybe San Francisco or San Jose may have its own basketball city. Same as SF Giants, SF Niners, Oakland A's and Raiders. It may stir up a huge rivalry. I think all the Bay Area fans would want 1 team to support.. or 2 if you include Sac-Town in the mix. But then again, who knows.

stejay
08-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Nah not really. Golden State Warriors would have to have a name change, if it does right now it'd be Oakland Warriors.

Once that happens, maybe San Francisco or San Jose may have its own basketball city. Same as SF Giants, SF Niners, Oakland A's and Raiders. It may stir up a huge rivalry. I think all the Bay Area fans would want 1 team to support.. or 2 if you include Sac-Town in the mix. But then again, who knows.

True, just very much doubt there would be interest...

jrodmesche
08-29-2010, 08:35 PM
hopefully seattle they deserve one back

stejay
08-29-2010, 08:35 PM
hopefully seattle they deserve one back

x100

Bucsfan
08-29-2010, 09:49 PM
st louis....seattle or san diego

i know its a longshot bhow about boise? city keeps getting bigger and sports are becoming more popular....like i said a longshot at best...but its somewhat like okc

Baller1
08-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Seattle. We should get our team back.

**** you Stern. **** you Bennett. **** you Howard Schultz.

gfixer33
08-29-2010, 10:10 PM
baltimore

DeShaun Brown
08-30-2010, 01:22 AM
I've never understood why St Louis doesn't have a team. Screw Seattle, I lived in that area for a few years. It sucks up there. They're happy with the Storm.

Baller1
08-30-2010, 01:25 AM
I've never understood why St Louis doesn't have a team. Screw Seattle, I lived in that area for a few years. It sucks up there. They're happy with the Storm.

Your ignorance is embarrassing. People like you who have no knowledge on the subject and what exactly happen really get on my nerves.

DMasta718
08-30-2010, 01:26 AM

Howard Schultz too.

Baller1
08-30-2010, 01:32 AM

The Washington State legislature as well. And Stern, ****ing sellout.

thescore53
08-30-2010, 01:33 AM
hmm seems like i cant find vancouver on that list.

xbrackattackx
08-30-2010, 02:27 AM
You dont rob a team with Durant :facepalm: The city of Seattle and the NBA should be ashamed..

stejay
08-30-2010, 06:51 AM
hmm seems like i cant find vancouver on that list.

They didnt have their team robbed, they were always gonna lose it, and wont get another.

heatbb
08-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Seattle, OKC has done a great job and all, but it was still a robbery..

I don't think Las Vegas should get one, the city has too much distractions for players, specially young ones.

thescore53
08-30-2010, 09:07 AM
They didnt have their team robbed, they were always gonna lose it, and wont get another.

you obviously are unaware about the situation.

stejay
08-30-2010, 09:10 AM
you obviously are unaware about the situation.

Enlighten me.... from what I understand your attendances dropped, and many people wanted to move them out. All I know is that Canada wont have another NBA team for a very long time.

NBA-GMaster
08-30-2010, 09:42 AM
YEAH!! Vegas!

The Miami Cheat
08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
i say vegas...then seattle

mikealike305
08-30-2010, 10:55 AM
i was going to say vegas but idk if thats really a sports town? other than betting on sports will sports be big there? idk, so i voted for san diego

Raidaz4Life
08-30-2010, 10:57 AM
I really think St. Louis would be the best fit.

stejay
08-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I really think St. Louis would be the best fit.

I think St Louis should be a choice. Could you put them in the East? If so, I think Seattle and St Louis would be good choices next expansion.

thescore53
08-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Enlighten me.... from what I understand your attendances dropped, and many people wanted to move them out. All I know is that Canada wont have another NBA team for a very long time.

michael hesley lied and moved the team to mem. which really didnt do much. atleast in vancouver u know its a big market and when the team starts winning they can haave heavy rewards. 6 years wasnt enough to build a fanbase.

IndyRealist
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Seattle. Then Louisville, because they need even East/West coast teams and Louisville has no other major sports teams to compete with, only a minor league baseball team. After that, Vegas.

Is Pittsburgh large enough to support the Steelers, Pirates, AND an NBA team? Is St. Louis?

DeShaun Brown
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Your ignorance is embarrassing. People like you who have no knowledge on the subject and what exactly happen really get on my nerves.

I never said anything about how/why Seattle lost their team or even how/why St Louis lost theirs, what I don't get is why St Louis hasn't gotten a new team. I know what happened with the Sonics. When I say Seattle sucks, I'm talking about the city/area and I'm speaking from experience. I don't know about you but I've lived there and I hated it there. Besides, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Furthermore, I don't give a damn about getting on your nerves or embarrassing you. You are nothing to me, therefore, your opinion of me means nothing. In the future, before you assume you know someones level of knowledge, actually read the post (and make sure you understand what they are saying). Lastly, the next time you have something personal to say to me, say it to me directly, not on a public forum. Here's my email address, deshaunbrown@hotmail.com. Get at me.

nanablvd
08-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Seattle is Stern's preference as well.

BoognishMN
08-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Where should the next NBA franchises be?

I think St Louis should be the location, followed by Las Vegas and Seattle... thoughts? Any other choices?

If anything the league needs to contract. the talent pool is watered down and in many cities the arena's are half-full.

llemon
08-30-2010, 02:20 PM
St. Louis doesn't want, doesn't deserve and shouldn't get an NBA team.

Just an observation from living there the last ten years.

abe_froman
08-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I never said anything about how/why Seattle lost their team or even how/why St Louis lost theirs, what I don't get is why St Louis hasn't gotten a new team. I know what happened with the Sonics. When I say Seattle sucks, I'm talking about the city/area and I'm speaking from experience. I don't know about you but I've lived there and I hated it there. Besides, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Furthermore, I don't give a damn about getting on your nerves or embarrassing you. You are nothing to me, therefore, your opinion of me means nothing. In the future, before you assume you know someones level of knowledge, actually read the post (and make sure you understand what they are saying). Lastly, the next time you have something personal to say to me, say it to me directly, not on a public forum. Here's my email address, deshaunbrown@hotmail.com. Get at me.
because there's no demand in st.louis for one.

netsgiantsyanks
08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
wont they have to change the number of teams each divisions have?? 4 teams in one division instead of 5?

BlazingJ
08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Get a team in Seattle, then restructure the divisions! at least in the west.. Portland and Seattle can have that old I-5 rivalry again!

OA SLAY
08-30-2010, 03:10 PM
i wish the Thunder were still the Sonics, they got ****ED HARD

xILLN355
08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
i want vancouverrrr

richiesaurus310
08-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Vegas would be tight!! I doubt Seatle gets another team for a very long time. I do see the NFL and/or the NBA having a franchise in Mexico City in the next 25 years.

stejay
08-30-2010, 04:12 PM
i want vancouverrrr

cant see it though buddy... not in our lifetimes I shouldnt think

mike_noodles
08-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Based on size and potential for income, it has to be Mexico City. I don't care if Seattle got "robbed" the tax payers didn't want to foot the bill for the arena and now must suffer the consequences, they would be 5th at best on my list, above them would be St Louis, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Mexico City and Kansas City.

PrettyBoyJ
08-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Seattle should get it seeing how they had a team there before fans would be happy to bring another team back in town...

stejay
08-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Based on size and potential for income, it has to be Mexico City. I don't care if Seattle got "robbed" the tax payers didn't want to foot the bill for the arena and now must suffer the consequences, they would be 5th at best on my list, above them would be St Louis, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Mexico City and Kansas City.

It would be a decent idea, but the more I think about it, the players may be against it. The travelling wouldnt be looked forward to.

Baller1
08-30-2010, 04:38 PM

I've lived there, grew up there, and my heart will always be there. So because you don't like Seattle, they don't deserve a basketball team? That's exactly why I pronounce you ignorant. Of course you don't understand because you're sitting pretty with no threats to your teams relocation. And really? Your email? It's evident that you're a young person because adults don't take things so "personally" on a website designed to initiate conversation and debate. I'm not going to waste my time with such antics.

There's no reason Seattle should have been stripped of the Sonics, and anyone with some sort of knowledge on the situation would agree.

http://sonicsgate.org/
Watch, read, and learn.

stejay
08-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I've lived there, grew up there, and my heart will always be there. So because you don't like Seattle, they don't deserve a basketball team? That's exactly why I pronounce you ignorant. Of course you don't understand because you're sitting pretty with no threats to your teams relocation. And really? Your email? It's evident that you're a young person because adults don't take things so "personally" on a website designed to initiate conversation and debate. I'm not going to waste my time with such antics.

There's no reason Seattle should have been stripped of the Sonics, and anyone with some sort of knowledge on the situation would agree.

Watch, read, and learn.

Ive seen that doc before...I seriously recommend it, and when you see it, a vote will be cast for Seattle, I guarentee

Baller1
08-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Ive seen that doc before...I seriously recommend it, and when you see it, a vote will be cast for Seattle, I guarentee

I'm glad to hear you took the time to watch it. It's a really powerful presentation, and it really details how ****ed up the whole situation was.

DeShaun Brown
08-30-2010, 04:52 PM

Watch, read, and learn.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/276232_sonics03.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003425388_sonics14m.html

Van Dyk says his group, Citizens for More Important Things, is more than halfway to its goal of collecting 25,000 petition signatures for an initiative that would ask Seattle voters this fall to block taxpayer financing of a KeyArena renovation. A recent poll showed an overwhelming majority of Seattle residents would be inclined to let the team move rather than allow tax money to be used.

Looks like the people of Seattle got exactly what they wanted. :facepalm:There you go assuming again. If you wan't to debate or have a conversation, I have no problem with that. But when you start making personal attacks towards me because of my opinion, then be an adult about it and send them directly to me.

MrfadeawayJB
08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
I would say seattle, st. louis, and vegas in that order. Seattle deserves it more than anyone else

Baller1
08-30-2010, 05:00 PM
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/276232_sonics03.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003425388_sonics14m.html

Looks like the people of Seattle got exactly what they wanted. :facepalm:There you go assuming again. If you wan't to debate or have a conversation, I have no problem with that. But when you start making personal attacks towards me because of my opinion, then be an adult about it and send them directly to me.

Hmmm... I'm going to go ahead and assume you haven't clicked the link I provided and watched the Sonigsgate film.

Raptor-54
08-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Vancouver should be up there

stejay
08-30-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm glad to hear you took the time to watch it. It's a really powerful presentation, and it really details how ****ed up the whole situation was.

Saw it about 3 weeks ago yea..

DodgerBulls
08-30-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't know about Vegas. Vegas is pretty much dead during the day, but it is wonderful at night. Not much to do really but to go to casinos. Most of the population is either retired or works for the small businesses and casinos. Sales tax is alright, compare to NY and LA, but I doubt that it will sell bunch of merchandise or tickets for that matter. But hey, UNLV is just down the road, but where will they play though?

stejay
08-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Vancouver should be up there

I honestly dont think they should be. Its a totally different situation than in Seattle, and Vancouver was gonna be moved. They applied for Memphis. They got Memphis. Plus, I never saw full arenas towards the end.

DodgerBulls
08-30-2010, 05:20 PM
i want vancouverrrr

what i like about the old vancouver grizzlies were the jerseys!

stejay
08-30-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't know about Vegas. Vegas is pretty much dead during the day, but it is wonderful at night. Not much to do really but to go to casinos. Most of the population is either retired or works for the small businesses and casinos. Sales tax is alright, compare to NY and LA, but I doubt that it will sell bunch of merchandise or tickets for that matter. But hey, UNLV is just down the road, but where will they play though?

Not sure.... Thomas & Mack Center? Only holds 19,000 though.They would need to seriously expand it, or create a new arena.

DeShaun Brown
08-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Hmmm... I'm going to go ahead and assume you haven't clicked the link I provided and watched the Sonigsgate film.

:facepalm: One day you will learn not to assume. People can complain all they want that they were screwed over and they were, but the fact of the matter is that the people of Seattle voted overwhelmingly against subsidizing a new stadium. Is Shultz to blame for selling the team to Bennett? Of course. But what led him to do that? You say that you're from Seattle, then you have to agree that Key arena sucked! Compared to other stadiums, it was a dump. The Sonics needed a new stadium but the citizens refused to give them a new one. They simply didn't care... until it was too late. I 91 started as a petition that needed to be supported to even make it to the ballot. All I'm saying is that the people of Seattle share some of the blame.

DodgerBulls
08-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Not sure.... Thomas & Mack Center? Only holds 19,000 though.They would need to seriously expand it, or create a new arena.

T&M does hold enough.. just a little than Staples. The only thing is that the schedule will be complicated since it hosts UNLV's team. If they're going for Las Vegas, I seriously think that they need to build a new arena or just settle down with MGM?

stejay
08-30-2010, 05:42 PM
T&M does hold enough.. just a little than Staples. The only thing is that the schedule will be complicated since it hosts UNLV's team. If they're going for Las Vegas, I seriously think that they need to build a new arena or just settle down with MGM?

MGM.... hmmm, an arena in a casino...a little bit of a bad idea, dont ya think? I actually think the NBA would be the wrong league to set up in Vegas. Think about it, 12 or so professional athletes, who gamble anyway, in the home of sin, and gambling.... A bit risky, dontcha think? Just thinking out aloud.

xILLN355
08-30-2010, 06:33 PM
cant see it though buddy... not in our lifetimes I shouldnt think

what i like about the old vancouver grizzlies were the jerseys!

only love we get is our jerseys :( lol

BuddhaMONK
08-30-2010, 10:00 PM
wow.. how is vancouver not on this list they averaged just under 14,000 in their last year without a tv contract, knowing they were going to be relocated, and having a terrible record of 23-59 (the best record in their existance). Talk about loyal fans. On top of that both Stern and vancouver's original owner regret moving the team. Memphis grizzles last year averaged less fans then Vancouver in their last year, how can any of you say Vancouver doesn`t deserve a team back, ignorant americans research before you talk. Also the Canadian dollar is way stronger now than back then, plus Vancouver has vacant stadiums left over from the olympics.

xILLN355
08-31-2010, 04:13 AM
wow.. how is vancouver not on this list they averaged just under 14,000 in their last year without a tv contract, knowing they were going to be relocated, and having a terrible record of 23-59 (the best record in their existance). Talk about loyal fans. On top of that both Stern and vancouver's original owner regret moving the team. Memphis grizzles last year averaged less fans then Vancouver in their last year, how can any of you say Vancouver doesn`t deserve a team back, ignorant americans research before you talk. Also the Canadian dollar is way stronger now than back then, plus Vancouver has vacant stadiums left over from the olympics.

thank you my fellow canadian:clap:

Mochalman
08-31-2010, 04:41 AM
If they do add another team, which I dont think they should, Seattle should get it. There is a great fan base up there.

WatWoudJordanDo
08-31-2010, 05:03 AM
if they add one, they gotta add another and the 2 most deserving are vegas and seattle. u can just redraw the lines and throw a team like Minnesota over to the east. Minn has no big rivalries that would be hurt and could possibly spark some new ones playing Detroit more often (regional team with fan bases so close).

vegas is one of the fastest growing metros in the us with just under 1.4 million people living there as of the last cencus. plus, vegas alreasy hosts a summer league team so the fanbase and draw is there for the NBA. as for the arena, this, http://silverstatearena.com/, is the proposed arena thats on clark county's desk right now for approval that would hold 23,014 for basketball games. it also is already 85% financed privately, with the other 15% coming from taxes which is the decision still needed to be made by the county

Blazers#1Fan
08-31-2010, 05:04 AM
If they do add another team, which I dont think they should, Seattle should get it. There is a great fan base up there.

no seattle shouldnt i live here and i think they shouldnt unless the Key arena get rebuilt and looks like an arena then seattle but the key arena looks like crap! me and my girlfriend walked by it and thats one ugly small looking arena! i love the rose garden i lived in portland about 5 months ago for most of my life and love the rose garden lookin inside & out

Key arena = The Projects of ARENAS

they should rebuild the key arena where that science building is right by the space needle and move the science building to the key arena it would be better looking

but i think a place that would be cool to have a team MEXICO CITY they got like 8million people call them the Chupacabra

knickzallday42
08-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Seattle... amazing fan base

stejay
08-31-2010, 06:30 AM
dupe post....delete

stejay
08-31-2010, 06:35 AM
no seattle shouldnt i live here and i think they shouldnt unless the Key arena get rebuilt and looks like an arena then seattle but the key arena looks like crap! me and my girlfriend walked by it and thats one ugly small looking arena! i love the rose garden i lived in portland about 5 months ago for most of my life and love the rose garden lookin inside & out

Key arena = The Projects of ARENAS

they should rebuild the key arena where that science building is right by the space needle and move the science building to the key arena it would be better looking

but i think a place that would be cool to have a team MEXICO CITY they got like 8million people call them the Chupacabra

If Seattle got the Sonics playing again, then that would mean that they got investment involved, and this would mean a brand new arena, privately invested. And Mexico City? I put it there, because I knew interest would be made from PSD users, and its a huge city, but will it really support a NBA team? I would doubt it. Plus, will the players wanna play there, or travel down there, because it is quite a distance over the course of the season. The Mexico City team would have some serious air miles at the end of the year. Plus, will ballers and their families be comfertable moving down below the border? I think I would doubt they would.

Blazers#1Fan
08-31-2010, 07:59 AM
If Seattle got the Sonics playing again, then that would mean that they got investment involved, and this would mean a brand new arena, privately invested. And Mexico City? I put it there, because I knew interest would be made from PSD users, and its a huge city, but will it really support a NBA team? I would doubt it. Plus, will the players wanna play there, or travel down there, because it is quite a distance over the course of the season. The Mexico City team would have some serious air miles at the end of the year. Plus, will ballers and their families be comfertable moving down below the border? I think I would doubt they would.

mexico isnt a bad place i got a couple friends that live there and say they dont wanna come back except to visit but it would be a change for players and maybe with all the money into the team the nba could help out more down there and mexico city isnt very far from san antonio they would play in the spurs rockets Mavs Hornets division it wouldnt be that bad and with a town of 8 million i bet they would have a good turnout but you never know,

seattle has some alright fans but when the team was playin like crap wasnt there a low turn out to games? i wouldnt really want the sonics back unless they could bring in some alright players and automatically get the 1st overall pick in the draft that year

i also think vegas is a good idea with a arena in the works http://stadiaarcadia.blogspot.com/2010/08/silver-state-arena.html
i think vegas is the next place for a team they would get alot of turnouts there

stejay
08-31-2010, 08:54 AM
mexico isnt a bad place i got a couple friends that live there and say they dont wanna come back except to visit but it would be a change for players and maybe with all the money into the team the nba could help out more down there and mexico city isnt very far from san antonio they would play in the spurs rockets Mavs Hornets division it wouldnt be that bad and with a town of 8 million i bet they would have a good turnout but you never know,

seattle has some alright fans but when the team was playin like crap wasnt there a low turn out to games? i wouldnt really want the sonics back unless they could bring in some alright players and automatically get the 1st overall pick in the draft that year

i also think vegas is a good idea with a arena in the works http://stadiaarcadia.blogspot.com/2010/08/silver-state-arena.html
i think vegas is the next place for a team they would get alot of turnouts there

They have expansion drafts, so they wouldnt have a bad team. The Bobcats got Gerald Wallace in one of those. Also, really not sold on a team in Mexico if im honest. I think Vegas would be good, if it was possible to educate the players on gambling their money away, like the rookie symposium in the NFL, but the Vegas symposium instead lol

C-ross12
08-31-2010, 09:08 AM
If anything the league needs to contract. the talent pool is watered down and in many cities the arena's are half-full.

Bingo. Especially with all the big time players going to a couple teams apparently. Not enough good talent to support this many teams. Cut down some teams, spread some actual talent and lets get competitive again.

NBA will never go for it. Christ, they would put a team in Maine before they would contract. I can see it now, the Bangor Lobstamen.

shen
08-31-2010, 09:19 AM
Seattle and Vegas, then get rid of the West and East format and adopt something like NFL and MLB. How it stands now we have teams in wc that are further east then teams in ec.

save the knicks
08-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Albany NY should get a team

Cap'nCrunch40
08-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Hello Seattle.

They should have never left.

Bramaca
08-31-2010, 10:24 AM
In the west the possibilities would be Seattle, Las Vegas, Vancouver, St.Louis, Kansas City, and San Diego likely in that order or close to it. In the east its a tougher call because most of the major cities already have a team but I would think that Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincinatti would be considered along with Montreal (the biggest city in the US and Canada without a team).

The big thing in deciding which city would get the next team though has little to do with which one really deserves it or where the NBA necesarily has plans on going. It all depends on when the opportunity arrises (either through expansion or a current franchise being moved) a city being in the right situation at the right time. Everything has to come together in terms of arena, support, ownership, sponsorship, and the intangible of enough hype. If all those things come together at the right time then any one of those cities will be the next to have an NBA team. An example of this would be Oklahoma, 5-6 years ago I doubt many people would have had them much higher then 10th for the next prospective team but everything fell into place.

KaneMarko
08-31-2010, 11:11 AM
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a Laker fan living in Kansas City and really want an NBA team to occupy the Sprint Center. We already have a world class arena in the Sprint Center and a long history of collegiate basketball in the area. The Sprint Center sits next to the College Basketball Experience/College Basketball HOF.

As mentioned, we already have a new state-of-the-art arena in place that sits across the street from a 9 block entertainment/shopping/dining district in a growing downtown.

I cannot speak for any other cities as I do not live in them. But an NBA team could do well in KC.

stejay
08-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Albany NY should get a team

No, they really shouldnt