PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Close to Signing Etan Thomas

Swashcuff
08-29-2010, 09:51 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/08/28/atlanta-hawks-etan-thomas-on-short-list-for-hawks/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

Jorge Sierra at HoopsHype.com reports the Hawks are close to signing free agent center Etan Thomas. Hawks assistant general manager Dave Pendergraft confirmed the team had Thomas in for a workout but said Thomas is one of a handful of free agents the Hawks are considering.

Hes on a very, very short list, Pendergraft said. We were pleased with the workout.

Hawks really doing the smart thing and adding some size this off-season but end of the bench players like Thomas and Powell really aren't going to take them very far.

Lou Holtz Lisp
08-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Wow, this really help Horford down low...not.

Kakaroach
08-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Like I said in the other thread, Thomas isn't some low-post scorer which is what the Hawks need. He's a decent back-up C, but not much more than that. Really doesn't help out their team that much.

Lou Holtz Lisp
08-29-2010, 12:23 PM
We need to get rid of Josh Smith and get a true center like Nene or Biedrins.
Nene or Biedrins
Horford
Williams
JJ
Teague

Jays Claw
08-29-2010, 02:11 PM

Nene isn't exactly a true center either.

beasted86
08-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Nene isn't exactly a true center either.

Neither is Biedrins.

FLMeth06
08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
He adds toughness :shrug:

Swashcuff
08-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Nene or Biedrins
Horford
Williams
JJ
Teague

You are just about the worst Hawks fan I've ever seen. That team is worst than what you you guys currently got, Smith offers sooooo much more than both Beidrens and Nene.

UGotRondo'd
08-29-2010, 04:08 PM
biggest signing of the off season

Kashmir13579
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
he was a beast at syracuse. him and jason hart

LTBaByyy
08-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Why dont they make zaza paculia start at center and make williams and crawford come off the bench and thomas back up center cause hes a good back up, actually started over haywood a few years ago in washington their bench could be

teague
crawford
williams
powell
thomas

Chacarron
08-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Nene or Biedrins
Horford
Williams
JJ
Teague

Bynum for Smith.

llemon
08-29-2010, 05:32 PM
A fellow Harlemite.

But he hasn't played in more than 26 games since the '07-'08 season.

Glad to see he's getting a paycheck though.

heattiltheend94
08-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Nene or Biedrins
Horford
Williams
JJ
Teague

Wow, I'm not a Hawks fan, and I don't like Smith (attempted between the legs dunk in 09 playoffs), but seriously, Smith is a great PF and is the 2nd best defender behind Dwight IMO.

Lou Holtz Lisp
08-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Sure Smith is a good player but Horford would dominate in the 4 spot. Horford is playing against alot bigger players yet still is a All-star. Bynum for Smith would be perfect. I love Smith but Horford is the better player and I'd rather see Horford stay.

blazerman
08-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Wow somebody actually made a thread about Etan Thomas possibly signing with the Hawks!

You know it's the end of summer when he headlines a thread, not to pitiful.

td0tsfinest
08-30-2010, 07:26 PM
As long as they have Zaza, I don't see the need for Etan Thomas. Unless, the hawks are considering moving Horford to his more preferable position.

Swashcuff
08-30-2010, 07:41 PM
As long as they have Zaza, I don't see the need for Etan Thomas. Unless, the hawks are considering moving Horford to his more preferable position.

they are already on record of saying that they are moving him

LTBaByyy
08-30-2010, 07:45 PM

Exactly, if they do that this is pretty good signing for the bench

bibby
jj
josh smith
horford
zaza

teague
crawford
williams
powell
thomas

jordan crawford
evans
pape sy
collins

Klivlend
08-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Wow somebody actually made a thread about Etan Thomas possibly signing with the Hawks!

You know it's the end of summer when he headlines a thread, not to pitiful.

HAHA, I know, right? We need something! How long till the season starts? Not soon enough