PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Question?

Dré
08-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Alright, so I've never played fantasy ball before, plan on doin so this year (on ESPN, drafting starts Sept. 16).

My question stems from the roto point scoring system. I just wanna know: If I draft (hypothetically) Dwight Howard, and later some other good rebounders like: Troy Murphy, or Gerald Wallace, or Kevin Love. Would it affect my team in any way shape or form?

Is it the accumulation of total rebounds from all your players, or the accumulation of rebounds from one particular player? Appreciate the help.

asandhu23
08-29-2010, 02:29 AM
no

NYtilIdie
08-29-2010, 02:36 AM
It adds up all the rebounds your player's have gotten for that week.

GSW Hoops
08-29-2010, 03:08 AM
I've played fantasy basketball on Yahoo for years, so it may be different from ESPN. The way it works there (in head-to-head leagues) is each team's combined statistics are added up at the end of each week and compared to the opponent's combined statistics.

Here's an example: If a league uses points, rebounds, assists, blocks, field goal %, free throw % and three pointers made as statistic categories, whichever team wins most of those categories for the week wins their matchup.

So if my team's players had more points, assists, blocks and a better free throw % than my opponent's players but my team lost in rebounds, field goal % and three pointers made, I would win my matchup 4-3. This is why it pays to get a well-rounded team, because you want to win multiple categories each week.

Leagues usually keep a running total of how many matchups you've won or lost and that's what determines the overall league rankings, not the head-to-head matchups, so at the end of the season your team's record may be 125-76 or something, indicating that you've won 125 categories and lost 76.

Remember, you only get credit when your player is in the lineup. If you forget to move Dwight Howard from your bench to your active lineup, you won't get credit for his 20 rebound night :(