PDA

View Full Version : Encarnacion to DL

nstojic
08-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Spraind left wrist on swing... here comes that extra Snider playing time?

Blue Jays third baseman Edwin Encarnacion sprained his left wrist swinging at a pitch in Saturday's 5-4 win over Detroit and was placed on the 15-day disabled list after the game.

Toronto recalled infielder Mike McCoy from Triple-A Las Vegas.

Encarnacion had surgery to remove a bone spur from his wrist in the offseason and missed three games last week after aggravating the injury while diving for a ball on defense.

John McDonald took over at third base in the eighth inning Saturday and is expected to get the bulk of the playing time while Encarnacion is sidelined.

Major league home run leader Jose Bautista has made 35 appearances at third for Toronto this season, but manager Cito Gaston said he'd prefer to keep Bautista in right field.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5507177

Eagles4Lyfe
08-28-2010, 06:35 PM
YESS more time for snider, hahaha i noticed you have that as your first line too..They need to give snider everyday now

ILDD
08-28-2010, 06:51 PM
YESS more time for snider, hahaha i noticed you have that as your first line too..They need to give snider everyday now

Don't speak too soon. Clarence said "I'd prefer to keep Jose in RF"

This means that sacred cow Wells is in CF for the remainder of the year and Lewis and Snider rotate LF between themselves.

Only a few more weeks.....

Twitchy
08-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Not necessarily. Cito likes his players to be "comfortable" and even in the article said he'd rather keep Bautista in right. Odds are he's going to play McDonald at third, Overbay at first, Lind DH, Bautista in right, and Lewis in left. But hey, that's ok. It's not like Snider just outhit Lewis today with a bunch of doubles while Lewis went 0/3. Lewis totally deserves the playing time over the guy who could end up being the best Jays hitter over the next decade.

StealingSigns
08-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey, congrats on the Blue, Twitchy :clap:

nithanyo
08-28-2010, 08:45 PM
I like Bautista at third, and Snider in Right. It would hinder us defensivley so much cus i dont even think Snider can reach a throw from right field to home but id like to see Snider get some playing time and in Right field is the best spot for him

bomber0104
08-28-2010, 08:46 PM
If Cito doesn't give Snider time now.. he should be fired on the spot

Jays Claw
08-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Twitchy was right on with his post.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ctio uses a rotation between Snider and Lewis while having McDonald at third base.

idrinkpepsi
08-28-2010, 09:55 PM
If Cito doesn't give Snider time now.. he should be fired on the spot

:clap:

Asham
08-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Cito Gaston is the greatest manager ever in the history of the game

JaysFan87
08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Cito should have been gone before this year. I dont see the reason in keeping him here knowing that he wont be back in 2011.

Asham
08-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Cito should have been gone before this year. I dont see the reason in keeping him here knowing that he wont be back in 2011.

See the post above. That will answer all questions

frostilicus
08-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I hope Snider gets less playing time now so we can see Bomber whine like a little girl some more. That stuff is comedy gold!

2009mvp
08-28-2010, 11:58 PM
I like Bautista at third, and Snider in Right. It would hinder us defensivley so much cus i dont even think Snider can reach a throw from right field to home but id like to see Snider get some playing time and in Right field is the best spot for him

Snider's got a fantastic arm. questionable range but his arm is more than adequate in right.

1hardcore
08-29-2010, 12:09 AM
All you cito haters.... tell me 1 ****en guy that should have replaced him long ago ????????

Eagles4Lyfe
08-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Mike wilner best indirectly said the same thing twitchy said a couple days ago..He's like if jays are rebuilding for the future and sniders been hitting then why not continue playing him..Then hes like ok thats fine but cito said how players have to earn their spot and then he brought up stats where snider is outhitting encarnacion and batista lately and said its a joke he doesnt start and i 100% agree with him...If hes going to be our regular next year with jose moving to third then give the guy some playing time

Manatoo
08-29-2010, 04:13 AM
I have given up trying to guess Cito, im just resigned to the fact that he is gone in a couple of months and wont have to deal with the fact that John Buck is hitting #5 and Mcdonald hitting above Snider.

StealingSigns
08-29-2010, 04:47 AM
See what happens when Snider gets regular at-bats?

He produces!

R. Johnson#3
08-29-2010, 04:54 AM
Thank God

Valleyfella
08-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Don't be too hard on Cito. I'm not wild about his in-game decisions, but he's got a young team who lost the best pitcher in baseball in the off season playing above .500 in the toughest division in baseball.

Rogi10
08-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Snider's got a fantastic arm. questionable range but his arm is more than adequate in right.

He's also got some surprising speed.

JaysFan87
08-29-2010, 02:39 PM
See the post above. That will answer all questions

sarcasim.....right?

JaysFan87
08-29-2010, 02:40 PM
All you cito haters.... tell me 1 ****en guy that should have replaced him long ago ????????

anybody that doesnt sit snider/lind/arencibia in favour of lewis, overbay, mcdonald, and molina.

H-MYK
08-29-2010, 08:19 PM
I have my fingers crossed that Snider will get more playing time.

StealingSigns
08-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Don't be too hard on Cito. I'm not wild about his in-game decisions, but he's got a young team who lost the best pitcher in baseball in the off season playing above .500 in the toughest division in baseball.

And that makes it okay to staple Sniders *** to the pine for much of the season, relegate JPA to cheerleader status while he was up, and give free reign to EE to muck up the left side of the infield all year? 'Fraid not.

A real manager would have had Bautista playing third base, and letting Snider develop.

Bob_at_york
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM

Buck Showalter.

I don't really care who it is. I don't like the lame duck situation they put Cito in this season. I think they only did it because of the revolt last year.

wamco
08-30-2010, 06:49 PM
just cut EE at this point and move on. It was a worthwhile trade (and one I applauded), but EE didn't progress.