PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't the Hornets go ALL IN and make a run at Crawford and Anthony?

Derick713
08-28-2010, 02:28 PM
The Hornets already have Chris Paul and David West. The Hornets are an explosive wing scorer away from contending.

Shouldn't the Hornets offer Stojackovic's contract with another player for Crawford and Bibby.

Shouldn't the Hornets piece together a package of young players and Draft Picks for Carmelo Anthony.

Chris Paul
Jamal Crawford
Trevor Ariza
David West
Emeka Okafor.

LastChanceToWin
08-28-2010, 02:43 PM
You are a moron. Please go

Jays Claw
08-28-2010, 02:44 PM
What do they possibly have to offer that'll net them both Anthony and Crawford?

BRAVESFALCONS44
08-28-2010, 02:46 PM
They can't have both

Swashcuff
08-28-2010, 02:46 PM
thread fail

The Embassy
08-28-2010, 03:04 PM
They don't have anything to trade anymore.

saintdrew
08-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Being a Hornets fan, I can definitely elaborate for you guys.

First, we cannot acquire BOTH Melo & Crawford. For the reasons that our front office is just fresh starting off, and we don't want a guy like Jamal Crawford coming in. I just feel like he's one of those players that could be bad for the locker room. However, I've been wrong before.

But, on the subject of possibly getting Carmelo Anthony, I think it could happen. If I'm being realistic then it won't because of our recent acquisition of Trevor Ariza. Dell Demps, Hugh Weber, & Monty Williams are probably thinking that they want to go along with what they have, but I would try and make a move.

I personally think that we would have to trade David West to Denver for Melo if we were to really go ahead and get the ball rolling on this trade. I just feel like we should literally throw in the full-house to Denver for Melo. In terms of the Hornets and "full-house," I think we're talking about sending Marcus Thornton, Quincy Pondexter, maybe West, Stojakovic and his expiring contract, and some future draft picks. I think the main guy in the deal is Marcus Thornton. He will be a future All-Star in my opinion. Like bar-none I think that prediction is a done deal. But hypothetically, lets say this trade did in fact occur with the Nuggets. So what does the Hornets roster look like?

PG- Chris Paul
SG- x
SF- Carmelo Anthony, Trevor Ariza
PF- Craig Brackins
C- Emeka Okafor

^ We will have to get some players back from Denver, or maybe we try and execute some 4 team deal. Who knows, but Denver could essentially load up and get prepared for the future. Guys like Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, Anthony Carter, Chris Andersen= are jokes in my opinion. Carmelo & Chauncey, and even Nene are the studs which over-shadow those other guys, and you don't see their mistakes. Denver can actually ship off K-Mart & JR Smith then I think they win any deal.

I really like Chauncey Billups, and if I'm the Denver front office, I'm trying to trade Billups along with Melo and the other guys. Send Billups to a contender, or up and coming team. Like the Bobcats, Hawks, Grizzlies, Trail Blazers < I didn't look up the team salaries or anything, so I could be wrong about those teams just for clarification.

In the end, I do believe New Orleans can get Carmelo Anthony, but we will have to throw in the cards for him. Is it worth it? Well if you can get a player like Melo than yes, but right now it may not be.

mvb815
08-28-2010, 03:33 PM
it's too bad they traded darren collison for scrap, he would have been a perfect trade chip in a scenario for melo.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 03:36 PM
please do not bash the creator of this thread. He was simply stating the Hornets should try and use Peja's deal to get something now. Getting both Crawford and Bibby will not be possible imo, but getting another scorer for Peja would move them into a near surefire playoff team if healthy

Mc Lovin
08-28-2010, 03:38 PM
The Hornets already have Chris Paul and David West. The Hornets are an explosive wing scorer away from contending.

Shouldn't the Hornets offer Stojackovic's contract with another player for Crawford and Bibby.

Shouldn't the Hornets piece together a package of young players and Draft Picks for Carmelo Anthony.

Chris Paul
Jamal Crawford
Trevor Ariza
David West
Emeka Okafor.

I doubt the Hawks will trade Crawford after the season he had last year and definitely not for Peja Stojakovic. I don't care that he has 15 million coming off the books next season. The Hawks aren't trading Crawford.

SA5195
08-28-2010, 03:41 PM
They can't get both.

FLMeth06
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Mybe Peja could land Crawford but not Carmelo. I'm not even sure if they need Crawford, though. They got Crawford lite in Marcus Thornton.

Swashcuff
08-28-2010, 03:44 PM
I doubt the Hawks will trade Crawford after the season he had last year and definitely not for Peja Stojakovic. I don't care that he has 15 million coming off the books next season. The Hawks aren't trading Crawford.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/jamal-crawford-wants-trade-601394.html

If Hawks sixth man Jamal Crawford asks for a trade this week, Atlanta shouldn't have much difficulty finding a new home for the veteran.

Crawford is entering the final year of his contract and wants an extension.

He will make $10.1 million in 2010-11 and provide salary cap relief after the season for a potential new team.

with the kind of of money he will be looking for and considering the fact that they just gave JJ the max they may indeed look to trade him. They may be looking to save some money to use down the line to attempt to lure a better PG or C.

saucy1
08-28-2010, 03:53 PM
crawford is garbage just gets numbers like corey maggette

Swashcuff
08-28-2010, 03:56 PM

did you watch the hawks play last season? If you did you wouldn't be bashing him for what he does on the court.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 03:58 PM

nah. Crawford's numbers did lead to wins. The only thing that would concern me about giving Crawford an extension is, he just had a spike in efficiency at age 30. Those are not numbers that should be expected going forward to any team that signs him.
That being said, anyone next to Paul is going to be as efficient as their body allows them

Kakaroach
08-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I just don't see them giving a good enough package for Melo, not even close. They traded away Collison and the Nuggets are most likely going into rebuilding mode if they trade Melo. They could make a trade for Crawford though, he'd be great next to CP3.

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-28-2010, 04:11 PM
did i miss something why would hawks try to trade crawford?
he just has monster season
don't say becasue they gave joe that huge contract
crawford comes off the bench so it doesn't matter
i understand Bibby though but why would hornets would want him?
for back up @ pg? i think they should find a younger pg or better one because Bibby has declined very very much and very fast

Swashcuff
08-28-2010, 04:15 PM
for back up @ pg? i think they should find a younger pg or better one because Bibby has declined very very much and very fast

:confused:

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-28-2010, 04:17 PM
:confused:

LOL i am just asking because is there a rumor that hawks are trying to trade crawford?
i don't think they are looking to trade him @ all

Mplsman
08-28-2010, 04:28 PM
That would improve the hornets by alot.

Swashcuff
08-28-2010, 04:31 PM
LOL i am just asking because is there a rumor that hawks are trying to trade crawford?
i don't think they are looking to trade him @ all

It may not be a bad idea. Since as you previously mentioned he did come off a monster season. They are not going to contend with the current team that they have so making some tweaks here and there to get themselves a possible upgrade at PG or a starting C who can help them better facilitate the impending move of Horford to PF.

Though I bash the OP argument because he gave no logical explanation as to why or why not this proposed trade can happen I can see reason as to why Crawford can be dangled as trade bait for them down the line. With Horford being an restricted FA next season they can ill afford to give Crawford the extension he's looking for, especially since Marc Gasol (a player who can address more of their problems that Crawford can) is going to also be a highly sort after restricted FA. Hell if they can get Dunleavy, Ford and Foster for him or Peja and a filler for him it may not be a bad idea to look into. Strictly from a money/future stand point however.

Jays Claw
08-28-2010, 04:41 PM
That would improve the Hornets by a lot.

It would, but in all likelihood it won't happen.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 04:51 PM

why would you take contract demands from a player who backs up your max, underperforming SG? Crawford is iffy, if you want to talk offering long term contracts to. Why would Atlanta want around $25-38 million locked up long term at one position?

Antipod
08-28-2010, 04:51 PM
It`s late here in East Europe...time to go to sleep and not to read this kind of threads :facepalm:

kEviN21
08-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Hornets dont have much to offer. Anthony they don't have a chance but Crawford is only possible if they add in Thornton or a first which may be too much. They are already in $$ probs

iFYouSeekAmy
08-28-2010, 11:12 PM
did you watch the hawks play last season? If you did you wouldn't be bashing him for what he does on the court.

He's talking about when he was a Warrior. Crawford was indeed a ball-hog and a semi-chucker.. even though he wow'd us with his crazy dribble skills. But yeah, that was when he was on the Warriors. Not sure what productivity he brings to the Hawks, but let's move on.