PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols: The Last Savior of Baseball?

jusscallmez
08-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Remember when we were all praising A-Rod to be the hero of baseball for being steroid free and we know how that all turned out...errrrgh bad. Looks like Pujols is the new leader. If he were ti ever be involved with Roids/PEDs or w/e else, seriously I don't know what I would do lol

RenegadeRiot36
08-28-2010, 01:45 PM
lol i personally dont think hes clean. I actually would not be devistated from if it got out that he used PEDs because it would really show the extent of the use and would kind of lessen the amount of contravery it has caused if basically EVERY big name guy used them at some point. I just want to forget about the whole thing

Algmuskrats
08-28-2010, 01:50 PM
*cough* Miguel Cabrera *cough*

Lou Holtz Lisp
08-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Jason Heyward, Buster Posey, Mike Stanton

Baseball has a great young group coming up after the steroid era.

d79cheese
08-28-2010, 02:55 PM
*cough* Miguel Cabrera *cough*

i think this may dq cabrera from this conversation

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2251731/miguel_cabrera_drunk_in_domestic_violence.html?cat =14

http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/mlb-baseball/articles/miguel-cabrera-drunk-on-the-morning-of-a-saturday-game/

donnie23
08-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Pujols is probably on Human Growth Hormone and I don't care.

Wrench
08-28-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't think Pujols has ever taken anything. He has always been great even in the minors. Always has been as big as well.

OC Knights #11
08-28-2010, 04:44 PM
You never know these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in the next couple years.

pf289
08-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if he is, but I would be devastated if Cal Ripken, Griffey Jr, or Thome ever took them.

ShinobiNYC
08-28-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't think Pujols has ever taken anything. He has always been great even in the minors. Always has been as big as well.

Breaking news: players in the minors use PEDs too.....Shocked me too.

ChutsMcUtley
08-28-2010, 05:02 PM
If Thome did I would cry :(

Eyegazym27
08-28-2010, 05:07 PM
his consistency throughout his career really makes him feel like that last remaining hero of the game that can challenge some major records. its just if he hasn't been caught with a drug test at this point and has always performed at the level he does its nice to believe he hasn't used anything. hes been a monster from the moment he stepped on a professional league diamond after all.

wishful thinking of course...

Yanks All Day
08-28-2010, 05:35 PM
The saddest part about it all is that no one would be surprised if he did test positive or it was leaked that he was using PEDs. It honestly wouldn't faze me one bit. Seems like everyone was doing it.

BRAVESFALCONS44
08-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Jason Heyward, Buster Posey, Mike Stanton

Baseball has a great young group coming up after the steroid era.

i agree

Dmagic87
08-28-2010, 05:47 PM
lol pujols is def cheating. The guy looks like he has been taking PED's since the age of 5.

Gigantes4Life
08-28-2010, 06:02 PM
It wouldn't shock me. And I wouldn't care too much, I watch baseball to not entertained not to judge the player's morality.

cantstopthee
08-28-2010, 06:17 PM
eh miggy and him are thee savors. miggy cleaned up immediately after that and came out better than ever. wow 10 straight mvps.

giants73756
08-28-2010, 06:23 PM

High schoolers don't take steroids?

stejay
08-28-2010, 06:24 PM
High schoolers don't take steroids?

Hahahahah love the sig man

Illinirob83
08-28-2010, 06:34 PM
savior's don't go to Glenn Beck rallies.

RCarlson85
08-28-2010, 06:38 PM
I think it would be kind of funny if it were found out that Pujols has used steroids. It would make me laugh at least. I was glad that A-Rod finally admitted it, not that I ever had any doubts that he used. I think pretty much any player that does that good nowadays is going to raise some questions, even if they truly haven't used steroids.

urorurogyn
08-28-2010, 06:49 PM
I tell you being a die hard NY Mets fan what would lead me to forsake baseball is if either Mike Piazza or David Wright were on any type of steroids. How about you guys?

Illinirob83
08-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Piazza was a user. Guess he had some of the worst back acne in the history of the league.

sexicano31
08-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if he is, but I would be devastated if Cal Ripken, Griffey Jr, or Thome ever took them.

Meh, all he did was play a bunch of consecutive games

and ya know, a great SS

Gigantes4Life
08-28-2010, 08:13 PM
savior's don't go to Glenn Beck rallies.

:laugh2:

Green Storm
08-28-2010, 08:20 PM
If by savior you mean not on any type of PED's then no he isn't the last savior.

Method28
08-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey OP, you're not gonna get any decent responses outta a thread like this. All this does is give open season to haters to talk ish on Pujols.

Pujols is imo the big piece in the steroid era. If he's taking, there's no hope for baseball. At that point its easy to speculate about ANYONE! Griffey and Ripken included. Griffey hit the DL awfully hard in his career didn't he? Hmmmm. And Ripken playing THAT maybe games in a row w/o being on something? Hmmmm. Point is you can speculate about everyone! Pujols seems like a great guy. He plays the game the right way, he's very involved in his community, he married his hs sweetheart and has a major role in the oragnization he created (for children with down syndrome.) If a guy like this can look us in the face and say he didn't take anything and gets insulted and disgusted by it...only for us to later find out he's a liar....then **** it! **** baseball. Pujols IS the last man standing. He has a chance to be up there with Ruth. Someone we can tell our children and grandchildren about.Heyward and these younger kids don't have much following yet. Maybe once they get more established and then it came out about Pujols...then maybe baseball could survive. But as of right now....even if you hate him...he's the only one who can shine some light on baseball with honor.

JonnyBrav000
08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
I think it would be kind of funny if it were found out that Pujols has used steroids. It would make me laugh at least. I was glad that A-Rod finally admitted it, not that I ever had any doubts that he used. I think pretty much any player that does that good nowadays is going to raise some questions, even if they truly haven't used steroids.

It upsets me that everyone wants to talk about roids whenever its about baseball, well what about the NFL and the NBA??? Come on people don't be stupid, the problem right now is probably much bigger in those two sports. Jeez look at some of these NBA players now a days, way more brolic than the ones in the past. Yes some may be natural but you would have to be a total idiot to not know its not going on in some of these other sports as well. PEDs do help your stamina and can help make you more athletic and keep your body younger, why wouldn't these guys do it. Don't know why baseball gets picked on, I think its silly and the fans that really care are idiots because I think its a bigger deal that law enforcement is juiced up on roids rather than sports entertainers.

rkelly7
08-29-2010, 01:38 AM

Definitely not to Ripken and Griffey, if anyone did it in the group you mentioned, it would be Thome, but I'm not saying he did, I doubt he did in fact, but you never know

rkelly7
08-29-2010, 01:42 AM

Why do you think it would be funny if he did it? Do you want your kids to discount all the baseball you ever watched b/c everyone did steroids? MLB needs an amazing HOF player that came up clean, I bet even if Pujols did do it (which I highly doubt) I bet Selig would cover it up, the only reason ARod's use was revealed is because nobody likes him unless you're a Yankee fan, anybody that hates Pujols is simply jealous he is the best, I wish I had the best 1B in the last 20 years on my team (that's clean)

BigLee53
08-29-2010, 01:43 AM
why would Pujols be the last? is this the last year of baseball, or something?

Gigantes4Life
08-29-2010, 01:56 AM
why would Pujols be the last? is this the last year of baseball, or something?

Good point, it's not like he'll be the last great player to ever play.

Chisweetness34
08-29-2010, 02:06 AM

Yeah especially Cal and Griffey. If that report came put I may be done with baseball all together.

jmtapia
08-29-2010, 03:36 AM
Yeah especially Cal and Griffey. If that report came put I may be done with baseball all together.

ur sig is ridiculous. wow.

jmtapia
08-29-2010, 03:38 AM

whitesoxfan83
08-29-2010, 04:14 AM
I would hope he's at least the savior of this generation.

I really want to see him get the triple crown this year.

todu82
08-29-2010, 08:06 AM
It'd be a shame if Pujols had took them, still nothing surprises me in baseball anymore.

jlohm1
08-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Pujols is probably on Human Growth Hormone and I don't care.

I agree he probably is on HGH. i care though because its still cheating.

Jeffy25
08-29-2010, 01:56 PM

One thing to say about Albert....is that he has been crazy consistent.

If he was taking anything, he would have had to have consistently been able to sneak it in there, for the last 15 years (I am including high school and college here, you ever see what he did in those years? Just as good)

jusscallmez
08-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah how can Pujols be getting away with cheating for 10+ years? Just doesn't make any sense. He's legit

Method28
08-30-2010, 08:04 AM
I agree he probably is on HGH. i care though because its still cheating.

Says the guy with a Josh Hamilton sig :eyebrow:

Pinstripe pride
08-30-2010, 08:11 AM
its going to be a dark and sad day if pujols is ever caught

Method28
08-30-2010, 08:19 AM
its going to be a dark and sad day if pujols is ever caught

How very true. All baseball fans should mourn that day if it ever comes. There's not many baseball fans anymore and frankly im tired of all my friends talking **** because I love baseball. They always say "they're all just roided up cheaters so why do you watch?" God that just pisses me off. And if Albert is cheating...they'll be right lol

hype707
08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
yea until they find out that he is cheating

Jeffy25
08-30-2010, 02:45 PM
yea until they find out that he is cheating

again, how does the guy cheat for 10 straight years, as well high school and college.

Hard to think he has been cheating in anyway

hype707
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Big Mac ring any bells?

Jeffy25
08-30-2010, 02:48 PM
He wasn't consistently great for 10 + years

He was great, and cold at different times, like most players.

Albert has consistently done everything the same, including his size and weight

hype707
08-30-2010, 02:54 PM
your right. Albert Pujols is the ONLY PLAYER IN THE LAST TEN YEARS TO PUT UP THOSE TYPE OF NUMBERS AND NOT CHEAT. One in a life time player. GTFOH

Jeffy25
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
your right. Albert Pujols is the ONLY PLAYER IN THE LAST TEN YEARS TO PUT UP THOSE TYPE OF NUMBERS AND NOT CHEAT. One in a life time player. GTFOH

you're, not your.

Albert is the only player in the last decade to put up those numbers....triple crown for the last decade.

I am not saying it can't be possible that he could have been cheating, but the type of production he has been putting up is remarkably consistent and for a significant amount of time, and with the amount of testing they do in major league baseball, I am confident in saying that what Albert has been doing for the last ten years is not consider by the MLB or MLBPA as cheating.

Most roid users are guys that took things they shouldn't have are guys that have had great years, and bad years, up and down type of years, peak seasons when testing was non-existent around them. Albert has been rock solid consistent for 10, putting up almost the exact same numbers every single month during that span...Every way you slice his career, it's almost identical every year, if he has been cheating, he has been damn good at it.

yankswin27
08-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Pujols is a total boss, he'll go down as one of the best to ever play the game... as long as he continues to stay healthy and productive.

hype707
08-30-2010, 06:42 PM
you're, not your.

Albert is the only player in the last decade to put up those numbers....triple crown for the last decade.

I am not saying it can't be possible that he could have been cheating, but the type of production he has been putting up is remarkably consistent and for a significant amount of time, and with the amount of testing they do in major league baseball, I am confident in saying that what Albert has been doing for the last ten years is not consider by the MLB or MLBPA as cheating.

Most roid users are guys that took things they shouldn't have are guys that have had great years, and bad years, up and down type of years, peak seasons when testing was non-existent around them. Albert has been rock solid consistent for 10, putting up almost the exact same numbers every single month during that span...Every way you slice his career, it's almost identical every year, if he has been cheating, he has been damn good at it.

Couple players.

Manny Ramirez, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds. All players with Questions about they Steriod use and ALL have had 10 + season with Monster numbers. shut up with "its not possible when he does it for so long."

Method28
08-31-2010, 03:20 AM
Couple players.

Manny Ramirez, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds. All players with Questions about they Steriod use and ALL have had 10 + season with Monster numbers. shut up with "its not possible when he does it for so long."

Manny is the only one ill give you. Sosa? please. He was a scrub before steroids and he didnt last ten years of those numbers. Bonds was really obvious cause he lost his neck and starting smashing way late in his career.

Ill give you Manny though....and Arod.

hoggin88
08-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Couple players.

Sosa? He had five unreal seasons and one more great one. No way he put up ten Pujols seasons.

Jeffy25
08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Couple players.

and how many of those players have been great since steroid testing has been cracked down upon?

Seriously, any of those players have those monster seasons after 04? Manny had a monster half a season, and then had to serve a PED suspension, A-Rod had some great seasons, but he is on one year, off the next, again, this was more during the years when other players were also juicing.

Who else, other than Jose Bautista, in the last 4 years has put up production out of nowhere and not maintained it?

If Albert were cheating, it would be amazing how well he has been able to stay consistently good at cheating, never taking any low points to ensure he would pass tests etc. It would be very hard to believe that he would have tested positive for something while having no peaks and valleys.

OR....maybe the results of tests simply don't show enough of an increase in production value, and that the players everyone is pissed about had great years during their already peak seasons, I am more likely to believe that Albert has just been clean and scary good for a very long and consistent time.

Also, of those players, how many great seasons do you think they have had? 10 plus....yeah right. Not 10 straight, unbelievable years...Maybe Griffey, and I believe we can all safely assume he was clean and for many of the same reasons as Albert

hoggin88
08-31-2010, 12:15 PM
and how many of those players have been great since steroid testing has been cracked down upon?

Seriously, any of those players have those monster seasons after 04? Manny had a monster half a season, and then had to serve a PED suspension, A-Rod had some great seasons, but he is on one year, off the next, again, this was more during the years when other players were also juicing.

Who else, other than Jose Bautista, in the last 4 years has put up production out of nowhere and not maintained it?

If Albert were cheating, it would be amazing how well he has been able to stay consistently good at cheating, never taking any low points to ensure he would pass tests etc. It would be very hard to believe that he would have tested positive for something while having no peaks and valleys.

OR....maybe the results of tests simply don't show enough of an increase in production value, and that the players everyone is pissed about had great years during their already peak seasons, I am more likely to believe that Albert has just been clean and scary good for a very long and consistent time.

Also, of those players, how many great seasons do you think they have had? 10 plus....yeah right. Not 10 straight, unbelievable years...Maybe Griffey, and I believe we can all safely assume he was clean and for many of the same reasons as Albert

Manny was a monster in '04, '05, '06, '08, '09, and is now putting up a .392 wOBA in limited time this season. Not like he fell off the face of the earth or anything.

Jeffy25
08-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Manny was a monster in '04, '05, '06, '08, '09, and is now putting up a .392 wOBA in limited time this season. Not like he fell off the face of the earth or anything.

yes, true. the players mentioned though are all first ballot hall of famers, and had production before steroid peak seasons.

It would be easier to compare this to someone like Yamid Haad or Niefi Perez, but where is the fun in that?

I will refer to the rest of my post though

tommyboy
08-31-2010, 11:23 PM
while i realize that that the home run is the flashiest part of baseball i dont understand why we need to be so obsessed with who has had the most and concerned with who will be the one to break a tainted record. how does someone cleanly breaking the HR record become the savior of baseball? all that needs to be done is place asterisks in front of the players that have tainted the game. in my opinion a savior of baseball should be more than just a guy who can hit homers, i would say that past players like ted williams, ripken, cobb, ricky henderson and modern players like jeter, ichiro, and mauer (all players that are not extensively known for their power) are more representative of saviors to the game of baseball than many of the great home run hitters of both today and the past

Method28
09-01-2010, 02:35 AM
while i realize that that the home run is the flashiest part of baseball i dont understand why we need to be so obsessed with who has had the most and concerned with who will be the one to break a tainted record. how does someone cleanly breaking the HR record become the savior of baseball? all that needs to be done is place asterisks in front of the players that have tainted the game. in my opinion a savior of baseball should be more than just a guy who can hit homers, i would say that past players like ted williams, ripken, cobb, ricky henderson and modern players like jeter, ichiro, and mauer (all players that are not extensively known for their power) are more representative of saviors to the game of baseball than many of the great home run hitters of both today and the past

Pujols isnt just a power hitter though. His career BA is either the same or .001 lower than Ichiro's

DodgerBulls
09-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Yeah how can Pujols be getting away with cheating for 10+ years? Just doesn't make any sense. He's legit

lol. look at A-Rod. when did he used it again? Starting from '01? What's the current year?? ohh and he's the one who admitted it. he probably felt an "enourmous amount of pressure" so he finally admitted on using peds.

giants73756
09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Pujols isnt just a power hitter though. His career BA is either the same or .001 lower than Ichiro's

His .332 career average is actually .001 better than Ichiro

Algmuskrats
09-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Miggy is just not looked at so much due to him not having any MVP's as Pujols does. If Miggy was in the NL this season he would only need 3-4 more Homeruns to be leading in all categories.