PDA

View Full Version : Do people honestly believe that the Heat can be beat?

Boston Faithful
08-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm a Celtics fan and I'm saying that there is no realistic chance the Heat can be beat.

The Celtics got the same crap 3 years ago when Garnett, Allen and Pierce came together. There were the doubters saying they didn't have the pieces around them and the Spurs were playing the role of the Lakers.

But the Heat just put together a team of three individual players that led their teams to 61, 47 and 39 win seasons individually. They added Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and Mario Chalmers to the mix as solid supporting players not to mention Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Eddie House and Joel Anthony as other players who can contribute. The Heat actually returned 7 players from that 47 win team and added LeBron and Bosh.

People just want to hate on the Heat because they have the obvious most talent and it's ridiculous to think the Lakers are going to be able to beat them. Kobe's 32 now and Artest isn't the defender he was.

It will just be funny to see the Heat blow by every team and make everyone look stupid, just like the Celtics three years ago. Except LeBron, Bosh and Wade is way better than the Celtics trio ever was. Considering LeBron and Wade are part of the top 4 players in the league and Bosh in the top 10.

carter15
08-28-2010, 12:15 PM
k

llemon
08-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes

Hangtime
08-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Yes, they can be beat. It is by no means a slam dunk to win it all. Great defense can beat a great offense. A solid healthy Lakers team can beat them. If the Celtics can maintain their health and play solid defense again they can beat them. Chemistry, Matchups, and role players are big factors.

stejay
08-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, and they will be beat. They havent proved **** yet. Ask this question again next year, and see the response. This year, nahh, theyll get beat. On paper, the best in the NBA. In theory, who knows? I certainly didnt expect your Celtics to make the Finals last year, but they did. Nothing is certain in the NBA. Plus, who says the egos settle in, and gel. Will DWade accept being the 2nd man in Miami? Who knows? Will Bosh accept being the 3rd man in Miami? On the face, I would say yea, because they have better players that won in 06, and they will have a better chance of winning with the team they have now, than at any time in Lebron or CB's careers. But NBA stars aint like you and me. They wont be thinking like that. Egos will take over. Arguments will inevatibly form behind the scenes. Are they a better team? than in 06? I dont really know yet. I would doubt it though.

kjoke
08-28-2010, 12:21 PM
we cant be beat, but if everything falls apart than MAYBE wed lose a couple of games :)

stejay
08-28-2010, 12:23 PM
we cant be beat, but if everything falls apart than MAYBE wed lose a couple of games :)

You may make the Eastern Conference game....maybe even the Finals. But that depends if everything falls in place....I really cant see that happening. Too many egos

Lou Holtz Lisp
08-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Yes they can be beat.

kjoke
08-28-2010, 12:25 PM
You may make the Eastern Conference game....maybe even the Finals. But that depends if everything falls in place....I really cant see that happening. Too many egos

same thing can be said about artest last year, hes ego would hurt the lakers, when in fact it didnt and they won it all, egos play a big role but when your winning egos almost always mesh

KnicksorBust
This thread is pointless. This has been debated endlessly already and the OP brings nothing new to the discussion. NBA Experts are on TV saying they are going to get 60 wins, 65 wins, 70 wins. That's not enough for you? You want every little 14 year old with a computer to bow to a team that hasn't even played one game together yet? This just in: The entire world will never agree on anything.

I'm also slightly embarassed that a Celtic fan would concede defeat so easily. You still have a Big 3 over in Boston and they have no one who can hold Rondo's jack in Miami.

Hoopsadvocate
Never expect to see this from a non HEAT fan lol. I mean we can be beat but imo only by 2 teams the lakers and boston. But to every other team its as u said there is almost not chance. And your right they are mad for those very same reasons and history has showed this worked with boston so i have no doubt we will be very very good but i think good team play goes a long way over just talent (which is why i say boston and LA have a shot) but if the HEAT turns out to have just as good team play or even not as much watch out cause then its overwhelming talent + great team play = its over for the other teams.

Oh another thing thank you for mentioning how LBJ,wade,BOsh individually led there teams to those wins and that we kept a good portion of our players from last years 47 win record it helps prove we will win at least 60+ so 70 is not out of reach at all so the people who claim we will win under 60 are idiots and to say we have no shot at 70 is foolish also its within the realm of possibility. Cant wait for the season to start to rub it in the haters faces :D.

DetroitROK-City
08-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Can they be beat??? :laugh: uhmmm, duh they can be beat! I dont think they've even played a game yet, so they've proved NOTHING. I'll take Boston over Miami in a series.

macc
08-28-2010, 12:30 PM
I hate to say it but I mostly agree with the original poster. Its really hard to say that Miami won't be the champions next year. Granted they haven't played a regular season game and what not, but seriously, lets not kid ourselves. Their team is stacked beyond any team I've ever seen before.

The only hope I have that my Magic can get by them is the fact they we are alot bigger then them on the post. That's the only advantage I see us having, and I don't even think that will be enough. Hopefully I'm wrong.

When you have a team like Miami where you have 3 players who pretty much need to be double teamed everytime they touch the ball, that just makes defending them that much more difficult, and knowing how how great a passer Wade and Lebron are, they'll be breaking defenses apart.

I hate the fact that Miami is so good, but they'll be fun to watch.

macc
08-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Can they be beat??? :laugh: uhmmm, duh they can be beat! I dont think they've even played a game yet, so they've proved NOTHING. I'll take Boston over Miami in a series.

Deep down do you really believe that? I would def take that bet against you and I have nothing but respect for Boston. I was one of the only ones who said not to lose faith in Boston last year during their losing streak.

But seriously, Miami is going to have a field day with most teams.

Hangtime
08-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't think the ego thing will factor the first year. These guys seem commited to making it work immediately and making an impact right off the bat. These guys made the choice to play together and they were already close friends. It's the results after the first year maybe second year based on success or no success what determines the ego clashes.

stejay
08-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't think the ego thing will factor the first year. These guys seem commited to making it work immediately and making an impact right off the bat. These guys made the choice to play together and they were already close friends. It's the results after the first year maybe second year based on success or no success what determines the ego clashes.

Seem aint enough...They havent played a game together for the Heat yet....Plus, 82 games is a loooong time lol

Hoopsadvocate
08-28-2010, 12:36 PM

Just like you probably didnt see lebron and wade ever joining the same team or that lebron/wade/bosh would all take paycuts and not get max deals or that theyd be playing witha bunch of d leaguers instead of the cast we've assembled. The egos excuse was thrown out the window when they decided to sign with each other, its a baseless argeument. I guess just another thing to prove wrong.

Sadds The Gr8
08-28-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm a Celtics fan and I'm saying that there is no realistic chance the Heat can be beat.

The Celtics got the same crap 3 years ago when Garnett, Allen and Pierce came together. There were the doubters saying they didn't have the pieces around them and the Spurs were playing the role of the Lakers.

But the Heat just put together a team of three individual players that led their teams to 61, 47 and 39 win seasons individually. They added Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and Mario Chalmers to the mix as solid supporting players not to mention Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Eddie House and Joel Anthony as other players who can contribute. The Heat actually returned 7 players from that 47 win team and added LeBron and Bosh.

People just want to hate on the Heat because they have the obvious most talent and it's ridiculous to think the Lakers are going to be able to beat them. Kobe's 32 now and Artest isn't the defender he was.

It will just be funny to see the Heat blow by every team and make everyone look stupid, just like the Celtics three years ago. Except LeBron, Bosh and Wade is way better than the Celtics trio ever was. Considering LeBron and Wade are part of the top 4 players in the league and Bosh in the top 10.

I know you're tryin to be realistic, but glad to see u don't even believe in your team one bit...:rolleyes:

Hangtime
08-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Seem aint enough...They havent played a game together for the Heat yet....Plus, 82 games is a loooong time lol

If they haven't played a single game yet then all the entire world can do is speculate which is all each of us do on a daily bases. These guys have played 82 games every year for 7 years now. They know what to expect. They are not rookies. They all want to win at all costs which is why they made the move. Great players do what they need to do for the sake of the team including sacrifices. I think they will be fine next year.

stejay
08-28-2010, 12:42 PM
If they haven't played a single game yet then all the entire world can do is speculate which is all each of us do on a daily bases. These guys have played 82 games every year for 7 years now. They know what to expect. They are not rookies. They all want to win at all costs which is why they made the move. Great players do what they need to do for the sake of the team including sacrifices. I think they will be fine next year.

I meant its a long time with egos like theirs....

llemon
08-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I see no reason why Magic couldn't beat the Heat, except for Vince Carter.

LastChanceToWin
08-28-2010, 12:45 PM
They have no one to get rebounds. I will enjoy watching them not even get a top 3 seed in the east.

stejay
08-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Just like you probably didnt see lebron and wade ever joining the same team or that lebron/wade/bosh would all take paycuts and not get max deals or that theyd be playing witha bunch of d leaguers instead of the cast we've assembled. The egos excuse was thrown out the window when they decided to sign with each other, its a baseless argeument. I guess just another thing to prove wrong.

Well, it was kinda obvious Lebron was goin to the Heat this offseason...the worst kept secret in basketball lmao. Plus, I look at post, say say, "ok, interesting...", then see your sig, and it makes sense. You are telling me, the self proclamied "King" James, Bosh and Wade will mesh together, hold hands and be all merry and happy, like one big family? You would be mistaken. They may be friends now, but like I said, 82 games is a lot of time together, and they have egos, dont deny it. Those egos will grate. When has an experiment with such big stars worked. OK, granted, it hasnt been done on this scale before, but when 2 guys, or more, with big egos clash, it aint pretty. People get traded, people get ******.

SouthSideRookie
08-28-2010, 12:46 PM

Stop making a fool out of yourself and embarrassing the Celtics fan base. On the Heat, of course they can be beaten, what makes anyone think that if they get to the ecf or even the finals that they are just going to steamroll through whoever the opponent may be, get real.

Hoopsadvocate
08-28-2010, 12:48 PM

SO youd bet against a team with the guy who led his team last year to 7 games against almost the same boston team while he was injured oh wait he is now joined by a guy who took that team to 5 games by his self and then add in a top pf in the league and good role players. So basically your say wade+bosh+role players wont be able to win 1 extra game in a series. because that essentially what it came down to in the Cavs v boston series 1 game. Funny cause before FA people said if Lebron and bosh are on the same team thats a favorite to win especially in the east but somehow adding wade and bosh makes them not favorites. Hmm thats logical

masalex1205
08-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Let's see these team play before we declare them unbeatable. Also, since when is leading a team to 39 wins (and missing the playoffs) an impressive thing?

thescore53
08-28-2010, 12:49 PM

But the Heat just put together a team of three individual players that led their teams to 61, 47 and 40 win seasons individually. They added Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and Mario Chalmers to the mix as solid supporting players not to mention Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Eddie House and Joel Anthony as other players who can contribute. The Heat actually returned 7 players from that 47 win team and added LeBron and Bosh.

fixed

FadeAwayLikeMJ
08-28-2010, 12:50 PM
as a C's fan i never expected them to go to the Finals in 08.

the fact that every Heat fan expects to win it all with jinx em right off the bat anyway.

now im not saying that the Heat wont win it all cause lets be real, they can.

but im sorry, the Celtics are the team to beat in the East, i dont care whos on the Heat.

Paul, Ray and Rondo could each do a great job containing Wade. fact.

Paul plays great D on LeBronze. fact.

Boston bigs will own Bosh.

Hoopsadvocate
08-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Well, it was kinda obvious Lebron was goin to the Heat this offseason...the worst kept secret in basketball lmao. Plus, I look at post, say say, "ok, interesting...", then see your sig, and it makes sense. You are telling me, the self proclamied "King" James, Bosh and Wade will mesh together, hold hands and be all merry and happy, like one big family? You would be mistaken. They may be friends now, but like I said, 82 games is a lot of time together, and they have egos, dont deny it. Those egos will grate. When has an experiment with such big stars worked. OK, granted, it hasnt been done on this scale before, but when 2 guys, or more, with big egos clash, it aint pretty. People get traded, people get ******.

LMAO stfu come on man stop lieing to yourself everyone in the world was saying he was staying in Cleveland or going to chicago or even NY. It wasnt until Steven A Smiths report came out did people even start recognizing the heat as a potential suitor and even then people were coming out with the ego excuse and sayin no way they all play together and they were wrong. so now its obvious they were goinna get togehter huh? LMAO you guys are funny

Slimsim
08-28-2010, 12:54 PM

I Agree With this. I said Everything about Boston what people are saying about the heats The thing is LBJ is better than Pierce, Wade is Better than Ray Ray And Bosh is a 20 10 PF. And 1 advantage These guys have against Boston back in 08 is that they already played with one another So i don't by the whole they haven't played together Scenario

llemon
08-28-2010, 12:55 PM
SO youd bet against a team with the guy who led his team last year to 7 games against almost the same boston team while he was injured

Not 7 games vs. Boston. SIX games.

And Lebron is saying his elbow is still bothering him.

IndyFan
08-28-2010, 12:55 PM
miami will have an easy time scoring. that alone will win lots of games against most of the teams in the NBA. but miami lacks size inside to play with the big boys in a 7 game series. both LBJ and wade are strong physical players, but that is about it. bosh is a soft player, the other bigs are unskilled or undersized. teams like boston or the lakers will give miami lots of trouble.

:shrug:

stejay
08-28-2010, 12:56 PM
LMAO stfu come on man stop lieing to yourself everyone in the world was saying he was staying in Cleveland or going to chicago or even NY. It wasnt until Steven A Smiths report came out did people even start recognizing the heat as a potential suitor and even then people were coming out with the ego excuse and sayin no way they all play together and they were wrong. so now its obvious they were goinna get togehter huh? LMAO you guys are funny

Ummm, when did people ever expect him to sign with the Cavs....And why would I lie to myself? I root for the best team (FACT), in the NBA....I couldnt give a **** where Lebron went. I was stating a fact, and I stand by it. How is it obvious they were wrong....they aint played with each other yet!!!! Nahh, YOU are funny.

ecorrea
08-28-2010, 12:56 PM
wow, horrible thread. yes they can be beat.

Hoopsadvocate
08-28-2010, 12:57 PM
as a C's fan i never expected them to go to the Finals in 08.

the fact that every Heat fan expects to win it all with jinx em right off the bat anyway.

now im not saying that the Heat wont win it all cause lets be real, they can.

but im sorry, the Celtics are the team to beat in the East, i dont care whos on the Heat.

Paul, Ray and Rondo could each do a great job containing Wade. fact.

Paul plays great D on LeBronze. fact.

Boston bigs will own Bosh.

fact huh?? This past series against boston.

Wades numbers- Game 1: 26/8/6 Game 2: 29/2/5 game 3:34/5/8 game 4: 46/5/5 Game 5: 31/8/10

And thats when he had no help so he was double/triple teamed. So good luck "Containing" him when he has two all star teammates not to mention another guy who demands your double/triple teams.

LMAO @ "fact"

Asham
08-28-2010, 12:58 PM
So why is your username Boston Faithful?

Hoopsadvocate
08-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Ummm, when did people ever expect him to sign with the Cavs....And why would I lie to myself? I root for the best team (FACT), in the NBA....I couldnt give a **** where Lebron went. I was stating a fact, and I stand by it. How is it obvious they were wrong....they aint played with each other yet!!!! Nahh, YOU are funny.

I guess u must not have followed FA there were countless polls on PSD and even ESPN analysts said he was most likely to sign with the cavs/bulls then NY.

Hoopsadvocate
08-28-2010, 01:01 PM
So why is your username Boston Faithful?

Just because he rcognizes another team doesnt mean hes not faithful to his own team. I think the Lakers, boston, orlando are good but that doesnt make me unfaithful to the HEAT even when they were losing. Hes just not being a homer

Hangtime
08-28-2010, 01:02 PM
I meant its a long time with egos like theirs....

For some, the frustration of losing year after year is enough of a motivational factor to make it work. Bosh's first round exits and lack of playoffs in general, Bron's solo act in Cleveland, and Wade's rentry into rebuilding again. If the ego thing will be a problem after 82 games then clearly they have learned nothing after 7 years.

stejay
08-28-2010, 01:03 PM
I guess u must not have followed FA there were countless polls on PSD and even ESPN analysts said he was most likely to sign with the cavs/bulls then NY.

The Heat were always mentioned...

Just because he rcognizes another team doesnt mean hes not faithful to his own team. I think the Lakers, boston, orlando are good but that doesnt make me unfaithful to the HEAT even when they were losing. Hes just not being a homer

Or he is converting to being a Heat fan......which is more likely reading that post.

Hoopsadvocate
08-28-2010, 01:05 PM
This is the season Wade falls down and doesn't get up.

Ahhh right this is the season not any of the other ones hes proved people wrong. So basically your relying on him or someone getting hurt for this to fall apart i guess thats all u can wish for cause the facts are to overwhelming.

stejay
08-28-2010, 01:05 PM
For some, the frustration of losing year after year is enough of a motivational factor to make it work. Bosh's first round exits and lack of playoffs in general, Bron's solo act in Cleveland, and Wade's rentry into rebuilding again. If the ego thing will be a problem after 82 games then clearly they have learned nothing after 7 years.

Sure, that could be a factor, but this has NEVER been like this. 3 players of this caliber on the same team. Basically in the same offseason. I just think it will be a factor over the 82 games....thats all

JonnyBrav000
08-28-2010, 01:09 PM

I'm sorry but you are stupid... Any team can be beat, and the Lakers are deeper than the Heat, and have the hardest worker in the NBA, Kobe Bryant. The Heat have a great team, but the Lakers are already proven and have only gotten better.

Games are not played on paper, the Heat have to have the heart, chemistry and health, not just talent to beat teams like the Celtics, Bulls, Magic, Thunder, Rockets and Lakers.

There are alot of good teams in the NBA, you have to bring it every night, the Bucks are very underrated, the Hawks can give teams problems, so can the jazz and Nuggets (with Melo).

Right now, the Lakers are still the team to beat, and I still think they are the best team in the league, look at what they did this offseason, they added so much depth and Lebron, Wade and Bosh cannot play 48 minutes a game, and the Lakers are stacked with quality at each and every position with a good starter and good backup, I honestly would think if the Heat wants to beat them and the celtics who play hard, the Heat would have to give it their all because it's not just about talent in the NBA, its about focus, stamina and chemistry.

Can Lebron handle being a number 2 option? Can Bosh handle being a number 3, can each of the Miami big three handle decreased stats for the good of the team???

stejay
08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry but you are stupid... Any team can be beat, and the Lakers are deeper than the Heat, and have the hardest worker in the NBA, Kobe Bryant. The Heat have a great team, but the Lakers are already proven and have only gotten better.

Games are not played on paper, the Heat have to have the heart, chemistry and health, not just talent to beat teams like the Celtics, Bulls, Magic, Thunder, Rockets and Lakers.

There are alot of good teams in the NBA, you have to bring it every night, the Bucks are very underrated, the Hawks can give teams problems, so can the jazz and Nuggets (with Melo).

Right now, the Lakers are still the team to beat, and I still think they are the best team in the league, look at what they did this offseason, they added so much depth and Lebron, Wade and Bosh cannot play 48 minutes a game, and the Lakers are stacked with quality at each and every position with a good started and good backup, I honestly would think if the Heat wants to beat them and the celtics who play hard, the Heat would have to give it their all because it's not just about talent in the NBA, its about focus, stamina and chemistry.

Can Lebron handle being a number 2 option? Can Bosh handle being a number 3, can each of the Miami big three handle decreased stats for the good of the team???

MVP vs Wade :rolleyes: I wonder lol....But apart from that :clap: I agree with this post completely

Raoul Duke
08-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Last I checked, they have to play a full 82 games and then win 16 in the playoffs.

If you can't understand how dangerous Orlando and Boston are going to be next year, and you're unable to recognize the improvements that LA made... well, I can't help you. All I can say is that from where I'm sitting, I see four teams that all have a really good shot at a title, and my money would be on the one that just won two in a row and shored up both their major weaknesses this summer.

mrs rose
08-28-2010, 01:14 PM

:clap::clap:
RESPECT!

jusscallmez
08-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok Buddy, w/e

stejay
08-28-2010, 01:17 PM
LMAO :laugh: your mad! i love it welcome. Im sure by the end of the season if the heat win you'll be saying "they were expected to win it was obvious wasnt it everyone had them winning it all" just to save face like ur doing now lmao.

Ill sig bet you if it means that much....You just cant take that your team aint getting its **** sucked by everyone on PSD....Face it, there are some things that happen in sports, and mega-teams rarely ever work in the NBA, or any other sport for that matter....

Avenged
08-28-2010, 01:20 PM
I truly don't understand how a fan of a contender can just lay out flat and praise another team.

It's true the Heat will be very very good, but at the same time you have to believe in your own team.

That doesn't make you a homer whatsoever in my opinion. As a Laker fan, I feel they can take on the Heat but I also know the Heat can take on the Lakers if they all gel according to their plan.

As a team collectively, the Lakers are simply the better team (as far as depth goes). But the Heat have acquired two top 3 players in the league along with an elite PF. It's a lot closer than we all think.

Hoopsadvocate
08-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Ill sig bet you if it means that much....You just cant take that your team aint getting its **** sucked by everyone on PSD....Face it, there are some things that happen in sports, and mega-teams rarely ever work in the NBA, or any other sport for that matter....

Sure i dont care but for the record i never said we were ubeatable and i actually said in the first page boston or LA could beat us. I was arguing against the fact that many people who think we cant make it work or are unlikely making it to the finals.

Now i know your gonna make up some little bait so for proof here u go:

Never expect to see this from a non HEAT fan lol. I mean we can be beat but imo only by 2 teams the lakers and boston. But to every other team its as u said there is almost not chance. And your right they are mad for those very same reasons and history has showed this worked with boston so i have no doubt we will be very very good but i think good team play goes a long way over just talent (which is why i say boston and LA have a shot) but if the HEAT turns out to have just as good team play or even not as much watch out cause then its overwhelming talent + great team play = its over for the other teams.

Oh another thing thank you for mentioning how LBJ,wade,BOsh individually led there teams to those wins and that we kept a good portion of our players from last years 47 win record it helps prove we will win at least 60+ so 70 is not out of reach at all so the people who claim we will win under 60 are idiots and to say we have no shot at 70 is foolish also its within the realm of possibility. Cant wait for the season to start to rub it in the haters faces :D.

BALLER R
08-28-2010, 01:23 PM
yes they can be beat. NO TEAM IF UNBEATABLE...But in miami's case their biggest opponent isn't my Lakers, or those Celtics. It's themselve, all it takes is one bad play and the whole thing could fall apart

stejay
08-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Sure i dont care but for the record i never said we were ubeatable and i actually said in the first page boston or LA could beat us. I was arguing against the fact that many people who think we cant make it work or are unlikely making it to the finals.

That dont prove nothing....If the Heat are ripping **** in the Finals, I will apologize...I just cant see it...Too much has been glossed over by this offseason, such as a weak PG, and a weak C..... A not so stellar D.....

BALLER R
08-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Also there will be a team not sure right now which team. But there will be a team that no one expected to win, and their cockiness will be a reason why they lose certain games.

jobie420
08-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Can't put all your eggs in one basket heat fans. You have three excellent players but it takes a team. And what if one of the big three is injured it would be pretty hard to say they are just going to make it to the finals in cruise mode.

mrs rose
08-28-2010, 01:37 PM
sure i dont care but for the record i never said we were ubeatable and i actually said in the first page boston or la could beat us. I was arguing against the fact that many people who think we cant make it work or are unlikely making it to the finals.

owned!

JARVIS123
08-28-2010, 01:44 PM
We can be beat , it just won't be by the lakers.

stejay
08-28-2010, 01:46 PM

How can you be so sure? How can anyone be sure what the Heat will do? They could crash and burn, and become a cautionary tale to all NBA GMs, or be successful, and make everyone envious...they havent played a game together yet...

Avenged
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Bold statement considering the Lakers are the best team in the league excluding the Heat.

D-Will4Prez
08-28-2010, 01:56 PM
chemistry > stats (check sig for more info).

Lebron is the only one of the 3 that has even remotely shown me that he is capable of sharing the ball (7.9 APG last season).

stejay
Bold statement considering the Lakers are the best team in the league excluding the Heat.

Including the Heat....

stejay

Lebron is the only one of the 3 that has even remotely shown me that he is capable of sharing the ball (7.9 APG last season).

Also, if Boozer is on this list Al Jefferson should definitely be on there.

x2

sep11ie
08-28-2010, 01:57 PM
No way, word is they are currently undefeated. UNDEFEATED people!

mrs rose
08-28-2010, 01:58 PM
:confused: Ok, if you wanna make an argument, make an argument....That doesnt make any sense...

laughing to myself....
sometimes you dont lol,or laugh your butt off.

you just laugh to urself.

i wont get banned going word for word with you. i can see you are a laker fan (world championships) as of now..

any fan who knows the game of basketball now what miami has done is scarry.

not only is this team full of talent, but they are young talent.

two of the best players on the planet, and bosh is a all star as well.

you can call me a homer, i will just l2ms @ ur antics.

netsgiantsyanks
08-28-2010, 01:59 PM
cool story bro

nanablvd
08-28-2010, 02:00 PM
The Celtics won with their Big 3 not because they were the best players in the league, but they were the best defensive team in the league. The Trio in Miami are, as you said, way better than the Celtics' Big 3 in terms of the overall talent. All some of us doubt is their ability to play team defense as best as the Celtics did. It's no secret that they lack size compared to LA and Boston. I wont be surprised that they will win 65+ games by just running and gunning; Phoenix did that years ago without a superstar. The concern comes playoff time when rebounding does matter and scoring can't always be as consistent in all 7 games of a series.

spreadeagle
08-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Lebron james breaks an ankle...they just got beat,dumb thread

netsgiantsyanks
08-28-2010, 02:01 PM
laughing to myself....

i wont get banned going word for word with you. i can see you are a laker fan (world championships) as of now..

:confused:

Avenged
08-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Including the Heat....

Yeah but that's not what I meant.

I meant, if the Heat are going to be beat, you have to assume the Lakers have the best chance since they are the best team in the league not taking into account the Heat.

stejay
08-28-2010, 02:03 PM
laughing to myself....

I have never said anything to contradict those points....A little advice, read my offending posts before dissing my views.. I just said that team chemistry, IMO, wont last over the course of 82 games...I never said LBJ aint good, Wade aint good, Bosh aint good....3 players are extremely talented, you aint got depth, and aint got nothing at PG and C. And I could be a fan of anyone, but you cant handle that I have a point. I aint saying I am right, that is my opinion, and you Heat fans are getting worried....

_Supreme_
08-28-2010, 02:05 PM
I am a HEAT fan, and I say nobody is unbeatable.

Let's just watch (and hopefully enjoy) the season instead of concerning ourselves with these endless predictions.

_Supreme_
08-28-2010, 02:08 PM
I never said LBJ aint good, Wade aint good, Bosh aint good....3 players are extremely talented, you aint got depth, and aint got nothing at PG and C. And I could be a fan of anyone, but you cant handle that I have a point. I aint saying I am right, that is my opinion, and you Heat fans are getting worried....

Actually our team has excellent depth, the players we have at PG & C are fine for the role they will have, and I can assure you nobody in HEAT-fan land is even close to anything resembling getting worried.

Have you even looked at the roster? Your post makes me think you haven't.

Chacarron
08-28-2010, 02:08 PM
There is a major difference. When the Big 3 united, the Lakers were not contenders, they acquired Gasol before the trade deadline due to Bynum's injury. Right now the Lakers have won back-to-back, so people have a legitimate reason to think the Heat won't win it all this season.

stejay
08-28-2010, 02:11 PM
There is a major difference. When the Big 3 united, the Lakers were not contenders, they acquired Gasol before the trade deadline due to Bynum's injury. Right now the Lakers have won back-to-back, so people have a legitimate reason to think the Heat won't win it all this season.

Since when? Joel Anthony at Center.... then Chalmers at PG. Then you have Arroyo, House, Miller, Haslem, Big Z, Howard as backups (off my head)....Yea, that SCREAMS champions....

Kashmir13579
08-28-2010, 02:12 PM
yes they obviously can be beat.

Avenged
08-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Since when? Joel Anthony at Center.... then Chalmers at PG. Then you have Arroyo, House, Miller, Haslem, Big Z, Howard as backups (off my head)....Yea, that SCREAMS champions....

While that bench may not be the best in the league, it definitely isn't the worse. Haslem is a great spark off the bench who gives it his all 100% of the time and is willing to sacrifice for his team. Miller is one of the best shooters in the league, period. Just imagine the space he's going to get playing alongside 3 all-stars. Big Z is a Center who can help spread the floor with his mid-range.

Playing alongside Lebron will definitely improve their lesser talent. Just look at what the did in Cleveland and how the players around him got better.

I hate to defend them, but sometimes you have to look outside the box. The Heat are good, but they still have to go out and prove they can get it done.

The Lakers are very good as well, best team in the league until proven otherwise. They definitely have the defenders and the firepower to throw at them, and not to mention the chemistry + experience together.

stejay
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
While that bench may not be the best in the league, it definitely isn't the worse. Haslem is a great spark off the bench who gives it his all 100% of the time and is willing to sacrifice for his team. Miller is one of the best shooters in the league, period. Just imagine the space he's going to get playing alongside 3 all-stars. Big Z is a Center who can help spread the floor with his mid-range.

Playing alongside Lebron will definitely improve their lesser talent. Just look at what the did in Cleveland and how the players around him got better.

I hate to defend them, but sometimes you have to look outside the box. The Heat are good, but they still have to go out and prove they can get it done.

The Lakers are very good as well, best team in the league until proven otherwise. They definitely have the defenders and the firepower to throw at them, and not to mention the chemistry + experience together.

Apparently not so with Lebron.... The Cavs would have a ring if that was true lol... But yea, they are OK, but not as good as usual champions...I just feel if they have a bad patch, injuries, etc, they may come undone...that said I have said all along they will make the Eastern Conference, just feel they may come undone to the Magic

LanceUpperCut
08-28-2010, 02:23 PM
They can easily get one of the big three injured for a while, Bosh is a lock to miss a least 10-15 games and anything can happen to Wade or Lebron.

smith&wesson
08-28-2010, 02:23 PM
should be a nice finals to watch.
heat vs lakers = very entertaining.

JARVIS123
08-28-2010, 02:24 PM

Let's put it this way. if boston would've had the bigs that they have now, it would've been a reverse celebration.if okc would've had bigs to fight bynum/gasol.L.A. would've been in trouble.

abe_froman
08-28-2010, 02:26 PM
yes,yes i do.there's no such thing as unbeatable and they do have weaknesses that other teams can exploit

shizzle09
08-28-2010, 02:29 PM
This thread is pointless. This has been debated endlessly already and the OP brings nothing new to the discussion. NBA Experts are on TV saying they are going to get 60 wins, 65 wins, 70 wins. That's not enough for you? You want every little 14 year old with a computer to bow to a team that hasn't even played one game together yet? This just in: The entire world will never agree on anything.

I'm also slightly embarassed that a Celtic fan would concede defeat so easily. You still have a Big 3 over in Boston and they have no one who can hold Rondo's jack in Miami.

Sure he does. He brings an unbiased opinion thats not hate towards the Heat. Of course you dont like his post since its not hate.

Chacarron
08-28-2010, 02:31 PM

I don't think you understood my post. I'm saying unlike when the Boston 3 came together, the Heat 3 have someone to go against. Plus, Rondo was a question mark for the Celtics that year and he showed progress throughout the season and playoffs. I don't know if Chalmers will blossom like Rondo did.

mcohio
08-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh great. At least 6 more years of listening to this stuff. I can't wait. :rolleyes:

stejay
08-28-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't think you understood my post. I'm saying unlike when the Boston 3 came together, the Heat 3 have someone to go against. Plus, Rondo was a question mark for the Celtics that year and he showed progress throughout the season and playoffs. I don't know if Chalmers will blossom like Rondo did.

I get ya...I was just saying that I am sick of all these people sucking the schlongs of the Heat, saying they are this, they are that, when the season hasnt even started....

JARVIS123
08-28-2010, 02:37 PM

I don't know if you know D.Wade but he do average 6.6 APG per game for career. i know a lot of (point gaurds) don't hit the 5 APG mark.Just to name one,Derek fisher.

Avenged
08-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Let's put it this way. if boston would've had the bigs that they have now, it would've been a reverse celebration.if okc would've had bigs to fight bynum/gasol.L.A. would've been in trouble.

Okay.. are we going to play the what if game?

If Bynum was fully healthy the Celtics or Thunder would have been finished off earlier.

If the Lakers had a prime Kobe, the Celtics and Thunder would have won 1 game the most.

I mean, that argument is very weak.

_Supreme_
08-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Apparently not so with Lebron.... The Cavs would have a ring if that was true lol... But yea, they are OK, but not as good as usual champions...I just feel if they have a bad patch, injuries, etc, they may come undone...that said I have said all along they will make the Eastern Conference, just feel they may come undone to the Magic

Did you see what the Lakers had last year vs Boston?

Every game they had three main guys with minimal (stat) support from the other two starters, and basically no bench.

Kobe & Pau took the biggest load, with Artest being the 3rd fiddle for I think five of the seven games. Bynum produced for one game if I am not mistaken, and Fisher didn't do anything special except maybe a couple of clutch moments.

Their bench was Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar & Shannon Brown. Yes that is right: Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown & Jordan Farmar.

I would take Miami's current bench over that Laker bench any day of the week. What Miami has this year looks very similar on the whole to last year's Lakers team actually.

Obviously what the Lakers had was enough to beat a Boston team which looked much deeper on paper. All you need is three go-to players, two additional starters who know their supporting role, and two or three solid/decent bench players. Miami has all of that right now.

spreadeagle
08-28-2010, 02:41 PM
People are too funny,in a 7 game series ANYONE can get beat..say Lebron has a brutal flu,or Bosh's knee is bugging him after a long season and playoffs and they get a young fresh team who goes off and wins a game or two in Miami to help take the series.Or lets say the team doesnt have good chemistry and Wade gets mad hes not getting enough touches and there roll players are getting dominated,there hundreds of things that happen over a long NBA season..cmon guys

Avenged
08-28-2010, 02:41 PM

Yeah but he did so much with decent talent. Now he has 2 great players around him + 3 solid players.

They probably could get upset (although not likely) but the injury thing can happen to any team in the league.

The Heat still have to prove it more than anything, I think we all can agree with that.

godolphins
08-28-2010, 02:42 PM
No, LEBRON AND WADE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM WITH CHRISH BOSH 3 OF THE TOP 15 PLAYERS IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD

Baseballcb95
08-28-2010, 02:42 PM

Miamis bench is equal to or better then the Lakers and if you dont see that youve got your homer goggles on...

Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem are EASILY two of the best bench players in the league, both will be in the running for 6th man of the year. Eddie House and Big Z can both knock down shots and will have plenty of room, they are also good veterans to have on any team. Then add in Magloire, James Jones, Arroyo and some rookies and you have a deep team.

Besides his height, joel anthony is realistically the PERFECT center for this team. He goes all out all the time, he is an awesome defender and doesnt demand the ball at all! And mario chalmers? why are you hating? Again, take off the homer goggles and see the heat for what they are. Statistically, he is better than rondo was in his first 2 years, in his 3rd year, rondo got the (other) big 3, not to mention he has a nicer shot and is very active in the passing lanes. Defense? Wade, Lebron, Joel, Haslem, Mike Miller. Leadership/Veterans? Wade, Big Z, Lebron, Haslem, MM, House.

Maybe if i do it like an equation you'll get it through your head...

take 47 wins, subtract Qrich, Beasley, JO. and add lebron, bosh, mike miller, house, big z, and some good rookies. the heat are easily without any doubt at all a top 2 team in this league. you simply cant deny that.

netsgiantsyanks
08-28-2010, 02:44 PM
I am a HEAT fan, and I say nobody is unbeatable.

Let's just watch (and hopefully enjoy) the season instead of concerning ourselves with these endless predictions.

yeah, you hold your breath on that one

Wrench
08-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Not another one of these :facepalm: Can PSD keep off the Heat for awhile. How about we talk about the rest of the NBA for once.

Frezhnitz
08-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Your blind if you say they can't be beat.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 02:51 PM
the whole premise that any team can't be beat is ridiculous. Do the Heat have the best lineup when considering star power? No doubt, its not even close. But it takes around 8-9 players to win playoff games. And their players 4-9 are not as good as arguably every other team that will make the playoffs. I personally think they will be the best team in the NBA, but if they suffer any injuries to LeBron or Wade late in the season, they are dead. Basically put, it will be difficult for any team currently constructed to beat them in a 7 game series (though I do think the Lakers deserve the respect as the best team in the league, seeing as they just won it all and got stronger). But the Magic, Celtics, Lakers, are all capable of knocking them off if the Heat don't get surprise contributions from their role players.
The other thing to think about is, games aren't played on paper. We all need to give this team 40 games or so, and then we can analytically judge them. Until then, I don't see any need to continue talking about what if's.

spreadeagle
no, lebron and wade are on the same team with chrish bosh 3 of the top 15 players in the whole entire world

miami heat need to have there own psd website,some of these people are out of there mind's. Kobe and crew gunna smash you guys

blacknell
i predict they will be 73-9

_Supreme_
08-28-2010, 02:56 PM
yeah, you hold your breath on that one

It was an "in general" comment really.

I am sure some will enjoy the season way more than others :D

And considering I even found ways to enjoy the 15-67 season I think I will be fine anyway.

_Supreme_
08-28-2010, 02:59 PM
miami heat need to have there own psd website,some of these people are out of there mind's. Kobe and crew gunna smash you guys

You know the entire world has been dealing with way worse than this in the form of Laker Nation for a great many years now.

The hypocracy of some is quite funny :clap:

Bruno
08-28-2010, 03:01 PM
You should have some more faith in your Celtics. They will pack the paint against the Heat and turn Wade and James into jump shooters. (ideally) Bosh will get bullied by their front line. Celtics vs. Heat goes 6 or 7 games. The teams who are physical against the heat and make them shoot outside shots will beat them. Not saying I'd pick Boston, but they at least have a decent chance.

stejay
08-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Miamis bench is equal to or better then the Lakers and if you dont see that youve got your homer goggles on...

Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem are EASILY two of the best bench players in the league, both will be in the running for 6th man of the year. Eddie House and Big Z can both knock down shots and will have plenty of room, they are also good veterans to have on any team. Then add in Magloire, James Jones, Arroyo and some rookies and you have a deep team.

Besides his height, joel anthony is realistically the PERFECT center for this team. He goes all out all the time, he is an awesome defender and doesnt demand the ball at all! And mario chalmers? why are you hating? Again, take off the homer goggles and see the heat for what they are. Statistically, he is better than rondo was in his first 2 years, in his 3rd year, rondo got the (other) big 3, not to mention he has a nicer shot and is very active in the passing lanes. Defense? Wade, Lebron, Joel, Haslem, Mike Miller. Leadership/Veterans? Wade, Big Z, Lebron, Haslem, MM, House.

take 47 wins, subtract Qrich, Beasley, JO. and add lebron, bosh, mike miller, house, big z, and some good rookies. the heat are easily without any doubt at all a top 2 team in this league. you simply cant deny that.

Sasha, Brown, Barnes, Walton, Odom, Ratcliff, maybe Mbenga... > Heats bench

spreadeagle
08-28-2010, 03:12 PM
You know the entire world has been dealing with way worse than this in the form of Laker Nation for a great many years now.

The hypocracy of some is quite funny :clap:

Im not a Laker fan so im impartial and can honestly say Ive never found Lakers or even Bulls fans as arrogant as alot of you Heat guys..Oh ya and the Lakers have actually won a whole lot of rings and they still dont talk the crap you guys do...and the miami "superteam" is yet to win anything! ohhh the hypocracy

stejay
08-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Im not a Laker fan so im impartial and can honestly say Ive never found Lakers or even Bulls fans as arrogant as alot of you Heat guys..Oh ya and the Lakers have actually won a whole lot of rings and they still dont talk the crap you guys do...and the miami "superteam" is yet to win anything! ohhh the hypocracy

Ill admit, we are arrogant...But we have earnt that from winning rings...Miami, as I have said, may get to the Finals, but I just feel personalities will grate...Thats just my opinion...

spreadeagle
08-28-2010, 03:15 PM

Haslem and Miller are no where near the best bench players in the NBA..ever heard of Jamal Crawford...this is just getting silly with you heat fans,come off it already. Maglore I seriously thought he retired 3 yrs ago..Big z is old old slow and just throws up crap perimeter shots

Hiphopopotamus
08-28-2010, 03:16 PM
of course they can be beat, and even if they do win few people will care or celebrate them LBJ sold his soul and Bosh is a whiny prima donna twitter/media whore. frankly, I hope they don't make the finals, but if they do it will be fun to see the Lakers frontline make Bosh pee himself

stejay
08-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Haslem and Miller are no where near the best bench players in the NBA..ever heard of Jamal Crawford...this is just getting silly with you heat fans,come off it already

Exactly.... The Heat fans cant take their team has flaws....

Hiphopopotamus
08-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey I'm praying that Lebron, Wade and Bosh perish in a car crash.

One can always hope that justice is done.

dude, don't wish actual harm on people, just losses etc.

stejay
08-28-2010, 03:25 PM
l2ms. ur a h...o...m...e...r.

but you know what, if thats what lets you sleep at night.. so be it.

Not to mention in the playoffs (they are 7 game series to determine the champion) the teams (like the heat or lakers) use 8-man rotations (where they substitute players by sending them to scorers table, in this case, 8 players) so when you look at the 8-man rotations (see above for definition) the heat have the most talented team.

Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Haslem, Mike Miller, Chalmers, Joel Anthony, and Big Z or House....

The Lakers bench is a hell of a lot better than the Heats bench.... And how can you accuse me of being a homer, and you think the Heat have a better 8 man roster....

PG Fisher> Chalmers
SG Kobe> Wade
SF Artest< Lebron
PF Gasol>Bosh
C Bynum> Anthony
PG bench Blake<Arroyo
SG bench Sasha & Brown > House & Hasbrouck
SF bench Barnes & Walton < Miller and Jones
PF bench Odom > Haslem
C bench Ratliff< Big Z

LA Lakers depth= 6 Positions of 10
Miami Heat= 4 positions of 10

That is adding starters with bench position by position...you cant argue the Lakers > Heat

Hiphopopotamus
08-28-2010, 03:27 PM
The Lakers bench is a hell of a lot better than the Heats bench.... And how can you accuse me of being a homer, and you think the Heat have a better 8 man roster....

PG Fisher> Chalmers
SG Kobe> Wade
SF Artest< Lebron
PF Gasol>Bosh
C Bynum> Anthony
PG bench Blake<Arroyo
PF bench Odom > Haslem
C bench Ratliff< Big Z

That is adding starters with bench position by position...you cant argue the Lakers > Heat

and blake vs arroyo while not a sexy pick blake may be better imo
also odom is better than everyone on the heat but the 3 lovebirds so he really upgrades the bench
i am not a laker fan , just saying

_Supreme_
08-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Anybody with a brain can see that you are hardly impartial, and if you really have the audacity to claim that Laker Nation (or rather the Kobe bryant kiddie fanclub part of them, which is, unfortunately, quite a large part) throughout the years hasn't been 1000x worse than these recently signed up HEAT bandwagoners have been in barely less than two months you are either flat out lying or extremely ignorant.

Most veteran HEAT fans have just been very rightfully responding to all the pathetic hate around here that started early july, and I certainly don't feel we are personally responsible for the bandwagoners. It is an unfortunate side effect we will all have to deal with.

stejay
08-28-2010, 03:32 PM
and blake vs arroyo while not a sexy pick blake may be better imo
also odom is better than everyone on the heat but the 3 lovebirds so he really upgrades the bench
i am not a laker fan , just saying

Exactly, they have a non-argument...

Hangtime
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Okay seriously, this thread has lasted 8 pages?

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM

PG Fisher> Chalmers
SG Kobe> Wade
SF Artest< Lebron
PF Gasol>Bosh
C Bynum> Anthony
PG bench Blake<Arroyo
PF bench Odom > Haslem
C bench Ratliff< Big Z

at this point of their careers, Wade is better than Kobe dude. But I can agree with the rest of this.

Avenged
08-28-2010, 03:45 PM
at this point of their careers, Wade is better than Kobe dude. But I can agree with the rest of this.

Even if Wade is better, it's not to the point to where the Heat have a clear cut advantage at the 2. They're still pretty similar.

stejay
08-28-2010, 03:46 PM

Nahhhh man, Kobe is still better than Wade, and that aint no homer view either
Wade may have had more PPG last year, but Kobe did it when it mattered most...Even though Wade will probably take over as the best SG this season, right now, I think its still Kobe

_Supreme_
08-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Nowhere near 1000x worse, lets be honest...Just beefs me when these people who are bandwagoners are claiming this, claiming that...Its annoying. Plus, these new fans are the ignorant ones, as you cant tell them ****. Much worse than the worst Lakers bandwagon fans (and there are plenty of them, believe that).

It beefs me just as much, regardless of who they claim to be fans of.

Kobe Bryant kiddie fans, who make up a very large % of Laker Nation, are easily the single worst thing in internet sports-talk history, ever. Hands down and unequalled.

I am not saying this because I want it to be this way. I am saying it because I have had to deal with them all the way back to 2005 when I signed up here and we only had 5 HEAT fans around.

And they are 1000x worse because there are 1000x more of them.

stejay
08-28-2010, 03:49 PM
It beefs me just as much, regardless of who they claim to be fans of.

Kobe Bryant kiddie fans, who make up a very large % of Laker Nation, are easily the single worst thing in internet sports-talk history, ever. Hands down and unequalled.

I am not saying this because I want it to be this way. I am saying it because I have had to deal with them all the way back to 2005 when I signed up here and we only had 5 HEAT fans around.

And they are 1000x worse because there are 1000x more of them.

hahaha ill give you that one...I have actually been a Lakers fan since '88, I know where your coming from man.

kjoke
08-28-2010, 03:53 PM

PG Fisher> Chalmers
SG Kobe> Wade
SF Artest< Lebron
PF Gasol>Bosh
C Bynum> Anthony
PG bench Blake<Arroyo
PF bench Odom > Haslem
C bench Ratliff< Big Z

enought with these <> comaprisons tat is no way to see what team is better

the two teams are well matched but the star power on the heat gives them the edge.i.e if lebron gets out wade and bosh are still in if wade gets out lebron and bosh are in if bosh gets out lebron and wade are in. Lakers cant do that.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Even if Wade is better, it's not to the point to where the Heat have a clear cut advantage at the 2. They're still pretty similar.

eh, statistically, Wade is a beast in the playoffs. Kobe did not play that well actually, but has a great team around him to cover up his bad games. You know this man. I am not saying its a clear advantage that the Heat will win in all 7 games haha. Far from. But Wade is better now, and will end up winning that matchup 7/10 times

BALLER71
08-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Wade may have had more PPG last year, but Kobe did it when it mattered most...Even though Wade will probably take over as the best SG this season, right now, I think its still Kobe

:laugh2:

Hangtime
08-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Kobe and Wade will just cancel each other out. It's not like both guys won't put up nice numbers.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 03:55 PM

no, Kobe didn't even lead his own team in win shares, regular season and playoffs. The Heat couldn't have afforded anything short of unreal from Wade to win, and he nearly kept with the Celtics by himself. Wade is better at this point, individually.
Kobe disappeared for the last 30 games of the regular season against good teams, and really struggled for a lot of the playoffs. That is able to be proven.

And I stated above, while its an advantage for the Heat, its not a given on a nightly basis

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-28-2010, 03:58 PM
But the Heat just put together a team of three individual players that led their teams to 61, 47 and 39 win seasons individually.

:rolleyes:

kjoke
08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
if the post say *and this isnt a homer view* its a homer view

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-28-2010, 04:00 PM
no, Kobe didn't even lead his own team in win shares, regular season and playoffs. The Heat couldn't have afforded anything short of unreal from Wade to win, and he nearly beat the Celtics by himself. Wade is better at this point, individually.
Kobe disappeared for the last 30 games of the regular season against good teams, and really struggled for a lot of the playoffs. That is able to be proven.

And I stated above, while its an advantage for the Heat, its not a given on a nightly basis

Kobe was also injured and I mean a lot

Avenged
08-28-2010, 04:01 PM
eh, statistically, Wade is a beast in the playoffs. Kobe did not play that well actually, but has a great team around him to cover up his bad games. You know this man. I am not saying its a clear advantage that the Heat will win in all 7 games haha. Far from. But Wade is better now, and will end up winning that matchup 7/10 times

Kobe had himself a good postseason actually.

His Finals performance wasn't anything great and his game 7 actually hurts his case, but the thing about Kobe is that although he may struggle throughout the game, but when it matters the most he delivers.

And I can accept Wade being better although I won't put him ahead yet (I do take winning into account, but that's just me) but Wade has himself a great team this year and no reason to believe he won't inevitably move up with Kobe aging.

Either way though, the battle of SG doesn't hold much of an impact here in terms of advantages. Wade won't completely "school" Kobe, and Kobe won't do the same to Wade.

I'm looking at the actual length and depth rotation from 1-7 since that's about how many players play come playoff time since rotations shorten.

knickfan33
doesnt anyone remember dwayne wades WTC comment... when he said theyll be times they lose 3 games in a row and people will act like the WTC is falling again.... if they're leader believes they can be beat why should i have confidence otherwise..... teams will beat them, defensively they have to let teams score on them, cause if they get in foul trouble their done... the rest of the team other then the 3.. not that good.... please don't respond to this telling me about mario chalmers who will avg 6 points a game or mike miller being the best shooter.... if mike miller was that good he wouldnt have been on like 12 teams in his career

Hawkeye15

that is fine, but results are all anyone is interested in. I am curious to see if he can stop his three year downward trend efficiency wise with a healthy offseason.

Rego247
08-28-2010, 04:02 PM
of course they can be beat. any team can be beat on any given night. its ridiculous to think they'll just cruise to a championship. is it likely they'll win one? sure. is it a certainty? no.

knickfan33
08-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Kobe had himself a great postseason actually.

His Finals performance wasn't anything great and his game 7 actually hurts his case, but the thing about Kobe is that although he may struggle throughout the game, but when it matters the most he delivers.

And I can accept Wade being better although I won't put him ahead yet (I do take winning into account, but that's just me) but Wade has himself a great team this year and no reason to believe he won't inevitably move up with Kobe aging.

Either way though, the battle of SG doesn't hold much of an impact here in terms of advantages. Wade won't completely "school" Kobe, and Kobe won't do the same to Wade.

I'm looking at the actual length and depth rotation from 1-7 since that about how many players play come playoff time since rotations shorten.
:facepalm:did you just say wade is better then kobe? wow....

i've said it once, ill say it again, the heat just bought 2-3 championships over the next five years... then theyre stuck with 33 yeard old wade and 31 bosh and lebron... and no draft picks..... enjoy the 2 titles noone in NBA history will ever care about or respect....
your team is fully of crybabies with no sence of competetive nature, they jsut expect things to be handed to them.... they won't be and then they will cry

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Kobe had himself a great postseason actually.

I'm looking at the actual length and depth rotation from 1-7 since that about how many players play come playoff time since rotations shorten.

we just agreed its not about a career achievement award when evaluating a player. I would assume you mean this year, but you have to adjust for roster talent.

I will leave it at this, I don't care to argue Wade vs Kobe anymore

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wadedw01&y1=2010&p2=bryanko01&y2=2010

Wade outplayed Kobe by quite a bit this season. But you are right, and as I stated previously, players 4-8 are going to be the difference makers.

Hangtime
08-28-2010, 04:06 PM

It says volumes about your teammates when you can have an off game or struggle in stretches and still pull out victories.

kjoke
08-28-2010, 04:08 PM
while laker and other fans continue to debate whose better wade or kobe, lebron is also on this team, lol

Avenged
08-28-2010, 04:08 PM

i've said it once, ill say it again, the heat just bought 2-3 championships over the next five years... then theyre stuck with 33 yeard old wade and 31 bosh and lebron... and no draft picks..... enjoy the 2 titles noone in NBA history will ever care about or respect....
your team is fully of crybabies with no sence of competetive nature, they jsut expect things to be handed to them.... they won't be and then they will cry

I said:

Avenged
08-28-2010, 04:12 PM
we just agreed its not about a career achievement award when evaluating a player. I would assume you mean this year, but you have to adjust for roster talent.

I will leave it at this, I don't care to argue Wade vs Kobe anymore

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wadedw01&y1=2010&p2=bryanko01&y2=2010

Wade outplayed Kobe by quite a bit this season. But you are right, and as I stated previously, players 4-8 are going to be the difference makers.

I don't mean career achievement, Kobe would simply be way beyond Wade if that were the case. But winners actually are rated higher. That's just how it's always been (I'm talking about this past season, nothing more nothing less).

And yep, but like I said, he doesn't have a clear cut advantage either. The Lakers are the better team collectively and the Heat have the better top 3 players + solid 1-3 bench players.

jackdawson
08-28-2010, 04:20 PM
No one can said be unbeatable so the Heat is obviously beatable even though they have 2 best players on the planet and another top 10 player.

kjoke
08-28-2010, 04:23 PM

well if the heat just brought 2-3 championships in the next 5 years, then in 2015 theyll have their draft picks back since raptors got the 2011 pcks and Cleveland got the 2012, 13,15 picks

plus 31 year old lebron and 31 bosh arent as old as you think, shot maybe even a 33 isnt so bad with draft picks coming in that year

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-28-2010, 04:27 PM
2 years ago spanish national team was almost beating USA's redeem team.

Nothings unbeatable

Avenged
08-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Oh wow, Heat fans sticking up for me. ;)

greek miami hea
08-28-2010, 04:34 PM
i'm a celtics fan and i'm saying that there is no realistic chance the heat can be beat.

The celtics got the same crap 3 years ago when garnett, allen and pierce came together. There were the doubters saying they didn't have the pieces around them and the spurs were playing the role of the lakers.

But the heat just put together a team of three individual players that led their teams to 61, 47 and 39 win seasons individually. They added mike miller, udonis haslem and mario chalmers to the mix as solid supporting players not to mention zydrunas ilgauskas, eddie house and joel anthony as other players who can contribute. The heat actually returned 7 players from that 47 win team and added lebron and bosh.

People just want to hate on the heat because they have the obvious most talent and it's ridiculous to think the lakers are going to be able to beat them. Kobe's 32 now and artest isn't the defender he was.

It will just be funny to see the heat blow by every team and make everyone look stupid, just like the celtics three years ago. Except lebron, bosh and wade is way better than the celtics trio ever was. Considering lebron and wade are part of the top 4 players in the league and bosh in the top 10.
nice post bro

MJ-BULLS
08-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Any team can be beaten in any given night. I don't care what kind of team you have, all NBA teams in the league are capable of beating the best.

Baseballcb95
08-28-2010, 04:35 PM
No, that they cant accept that the Heat isnt the greatest team in the NBA.... hence the backup argument...The Lakers starting lineup, averagely, is better than the Heat lineup...

PG = Lakers
SG= Arguable, but I say Lakers, but I can see why peeps would say Heat
SF= Heat
PF= Lakers
C= Lakers

That is potentially 4-1 Lakers, or at a push, 3-2 Lakers.... Not saying you, just saying the majority of your fans...

this method is fool proof guys, not to mention its the secret formula all NBA analysts use when predicting matchups :rolleyes:

kjoke
08-28-2010, 04:36 PM
No, that they cant accept that the Heat isnt the greatest team in the NBA.... hence the backup argument...The Lakers starting lineup, averagely, is better than the Heat lineup...

PG = Lakers
SG= Arguable, but I say Lakers, but I can see why peeps would say Heat
SF= Heat
PF= Lakers
C= Lakers

That is potentially 4-1 Lakers, or at a push, 3-2 Lakers.... Not saying you, just saying the majority of your fans...

agin sure Averagley the lakers may have some advaages but when it comes to possiblities in lineups the heat win. Like i said before the lakers dont have the privilege of being able to reest kobe and still have TWO great caliber players.

Avenged
08-28-2010, 04:42 PM
The team who comes out on top will not be due to the SG battle, plain and simple.

Arguing on who's better between Kobe and Wade is pointless in this thread.

The team who wins will be because they're the better team, not because they have the better shooting guard.

spreadeagle

Dude your a Heat fan now not Celtics..Celtics might beat these dudes how you gunna jump on the Miami bandwagon....SMH You would never catch me saying all this about a rival team especially if my team was one of two or three that can beat them.Show some respect for your team mang

Ray_R
YEs if they cant there would be no reason for me to watch the NBA anymore.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
08-28-2010, 04:44 PM
fact huh?? This past series against boston.

Wades numbers- Game 1: 26/8/6 Game 2: 29/2/5 game 3:34/5/8 game 4: 46/5/5 Game 5: 31/8/10

And thats when he had no help so he was double/triple teamed. So good luck "Containing" him when he has two all star teammates not to mention another guy who demands your double/triple teams.

LMAO @ "fact"

:clap:

point taken

now, if you will, take my point. who will contain your Big 3 better than the C's?

maybe my wording was off but what i was trying to say is that the C's are the eastern conference champs, and im sure you know this...

the C's aint gonna lay down... they will contain your Heat better than anyone in the league. fact :D

spreadeagle
08-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Any team can be beaten in any given night. I don't care what kind of team you have, all NBA teams in the league are capable of beating the best.

Yup,I remember when the expansion Raptors "might have been year 2" beat the Bulls when they were on there 65-70 win seasons,it was like we won a ring that night lol

stejay
08-28-2010, 04:45 PM
this method is fool proof guys, not to mention its the secret formula all NBA analysts use when predicting matchups :rolleyes:

Ok, no need for sarcasm...Everyone was sayin the Heat lineup is better than the Lakers, it clearly isnt

agin sure Averagley the lakers may have some advaages but when it comes to possiblities in lineups the heat win. Like i said before the lakers dont have the privilege of being able to reest kobe and still have TWO great caliber players.

What position is that? SG, when the Lakers have Sasha and Brown? Or at SF, when they have Barnes and Walton or even Odom. Or at PF, where they have Odom. Or C where they have Ratliff to cover.....Yea, real dilemma there :rolleyes:

Avenged
08-28-2010, 04:46 PM

Actually, they do now. Shannon/Barnes/Sasha will take the load off of Kobe a bit. Granted, it won't be the same as Lebron/Wade but Kobe will get his rest as usual.

Antipod
08-28-2010, 04:50 PM
If they can`t be beat, then we all should stop watching basketball till 2015 x/

kjoke
08-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Ok, no need for sarcasm...Everyone was sayin the Heat lineup is better than the Lakers, it clearly isnt

What position is that? SG, when the Lakers have Sasha and Brown? Or at SF, when they have Barnes and Walton or even Odom. Or at PF, where they have Odom. Or C where they have Ratliff to cover.....Yea, real dilemma there :rolleyes:

meaning that when wade goes out you still have lebron and bosh and when lebron goes out you have wade and bosh and when bosh goes out you have lebron and wade, lakers dont have that, sure kobe gets out and you put in shannon brown

shep33
08-28-2010, 04:57 PM
They can be beat. They have weaknesses just like other teams. Their bigs and their pg's. Defense is another question mark, and once they play a team like the Celtics, with a good pg and lots of talented bigs, we'll see their weaknesses at those 2 spots. Depth is an issue too.

stejay
08-28-2010, 04:58 PM
meaning that when wade goes out you still have lebron and bosh and when lebron goes out you have wade and bosh and when bosh goes out you have lebron and wade, lakers dont have that, sure kobe gets out and you put in shannon brown

But, if Artest goes out, we got Odom....If Gasol goes out, we got Odom or Artest...If Bynum goes out, we can put Gasol there...

Plus, you will have to put players in the positions you moved....Say Lebron gets injured, and you put Wade or Bosh there, that means you gotta put someone who aint as good at SG or PF....its a non-argument, you still got the same problem....

HakeemTheDream
08-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Playoffs are all about match ups, and it's pretty clear that Lakers are the only team that can really match up with the Heat (The Thunder can too, but they probably won't make it out the WCF). All these people saying Celtics and Magic will beat the Heat are kidding themselves

MrfadeawayJB
08-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Of course they can be beat....its the NBA, anybody can beat anybody if you dont play well

EaglePride615
08-28-2010, 05:18 PM
a sensible person

Heater4life
08-28-2010, 05:25 PM
I think what the OP was asking was "can the Heat be beatin in a series?" not a single game. In regards to that, i think theres only teo teams the pose a THREAT to beating Miami, Boston and L.A. Boston due to the similarities in team build, they play good D, have chemistry and gritt, and match up better than most teams. L.A is a threat due to there size and depth, very tight unit, knows how to win.

That being said, the team with the most TALENT is the Miami Heat. I dont personally think they will have any issues geling, nor will they have chemistry issues to the point of collapse on the court (those only become issues when team are losing, remember these guys get along off the court, so losing would be the only thing that could cause friction. even then, not enough to implode). If they are coached correctly, and gel quickly, they WILL BE UNBEATABLE.

stejay
08-28-2010, 05:28 PM
I think what the OP was asking was "can the Heat be beatin in a series?" not a single game. In regards to that, i think theres only teo teams the pose a THREAT to beating Miami, Boston and L.A. Boston due to the similarities in team build, they play good D, have chemistry and gritt, and match up better than most teams. L.A is a threat due to there size and depth, very tight unit, knows how to win.

That being said, the team with the most TALENT is the Miami Heat. I dont personally think they will have any issues geling, nor will they have chemistry issues to the point of collapse on the court (those only become issues when team are losing, remember these guys get along off the court, so losing would be the only thing that could cause friction. even then, not enough to implode). If they are coached correctly, and gel quickly, they WILL BE UNBEATABLE.

Personally, I wouldnt say unbeatable.....no-one is unbeatable...no-one. Can a non Heat fan say what they think on this issue?

Heater4life
08-28-2010, 05:29 PM
If they can`t be beat, then we all should stop watching basketball till 2015 x/

You should have told basketball fans to stop watching ball during the Bulls two three peats. Dont kid yourself, people enjoy watching a juggernaut and look foward to seeing if they can pull off the impossible or if someone will step up to beat them. Even if they are unbeatable.

Heater4life
08-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Personally, I wouldnt say unbeatable.....no-one is unbeatable...no-one. Can a non Heat fan say what they think on this issue?

Better said, there chances of losing are VERY UNLIKELY. :D

stejay
08-28-2010, 05:31 PM
You should have told basketball fans to stop watching ball during the Bulls two three peats. Dont kid yourself, people enjoy watching a juggernaut and look foward to seeing if they can pull off the impossible or if someone will step up to beat them. Even if they are unbeatable.

They are not, repeat, NOT unbeatable

mcohio
08-28-2010, 05:35 PM

Here's the thing everyone can speculate but we have yet to see one game of the new Heat. So fine, the Heat have 3 of the top 15 (20... 25... whatever) players in the league with some sound role players. Others argue they don't have a true PG and a starting caliber center. But at the end of the day... no one has seen this unit play together so you can't say they are or are not going to win a series.

Will the new Heat team be good? I would be shocked if they aren't.
Will they win it all? We will have an answer come next June.

HakeemTheDream
08-28-2010, 05:35 PM
They're not unbeatable, but that doesn't mean they'll be beat.

stejay
08-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Here's the thing everyone can speculate but we have yet to see one game of the new Heat. So fine, the Heat have 3 of the top 15 (20... 25... whatever) players in the league with some sound role players. Others argue they don't have a true PG and a starting caliber center. But at the end of the day... no one has seen this unit play together so you can't say they are or are not going to win a series.

Will the new Heat team be good? I would be shocked if they aren't.
Will they win it all? We will have an answer come next June.

I didnt say they werent gonna be good...They will probably make the Eastern Conference, and may even make the Finals....but no-one is unbeatable

mcohio
08-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I didnt say they werent gonna be good...They will probably make the Eastern Conference, and may even make the Finals....but no-one is unbeatable

No, no. I got your meaning. My overall reply was just a general statement. The Heat are going to be tough as hell but I just don't like people calling it out they are/aren't winnig it all. Let's play some basketball first. :)

Bruno
08-28-2010, 05:46 PM
no, Kobe didn't even lead his own team in win shares, regular season and playoffs. The Heat couldn't have afforded anything short of unreal from Wade to win, and he nearly kept with the Celtics by himself. Wade is better at this point, individually.

The only series Bryant really struggled in was against OKC. He actually had one of his best playoff series ever against Phoenix in the WCF.

2010 WCF vs. Phoenix:

33.7 ppg, 8.3 apg, 7.2 rpg, .8 spg, 1.2 bpg, 2.25 TOpg, 41.5 mpg.
52% FG, 88% FT, 43% three-point FG%.

If you go through the history of his playoff performances, you won't find one as statistically dominant as this one. He also shot above 50% for the entirety of the Utah series in the semis. He had dud games against OKC, and against Boston, but he also had very good games against both those teams as well.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/2009/conf_finals_stats.html

Bryant 2009-2010 game log.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3118/gamelog;_ylt=AqZTETTGO1sqiFhda4EmztgdPKB4

Bryant didn't lead the team in winshares, but he did lead them in PER for the playoffs.

DzJackson10
08-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I think the Heat are going to suck, jk obviously but they might not b that good because each player is gonna wanna put up his own stats

tredigs
08-28-2010, 05:54 PM
How has this gone on for so long?

The answer is that yes, this Heat team is beatable. A far better roster than this was assembled for Team USA involving Lebron, Wade, D. Howard, etc. And we were beat. Now, it wasn't a 7 game series and they were not afforded the same continuity that a true team will get over a pre-season + 82 games, but it serves as a reminder that every team has their vulnerabilities, and every team can be beat on any given night.

Supplement that little reminder with the fact that the Lakers (as one example, there are others) should have a well rested and highly motivated Kobe Bryant to go along with a well rested Andrew Bynum + Pau Gasol, and that is a core that can obviously take on this Heat squad. The Lakers may not have the overall dominant players that the Heat possess, but multiple years of continuity, an advantage in the block and a motivated Kobe Bryant should never, ever be overlooked.

Dumb question; yes, they absolutely can be beat.

Byronicle
08-28-2010, 06:11 PM
you are a celtic fan? i dont believe that you are just a celtic fan, i believe you are a heat fan as well, you just don't want to be known as a bandwagoner. you are saying they cannot be beat, a statement that you would have to follow through which involves cheering for the heat to win, because wanting them to lose would be contradicting your statement. you may say you are not a heat fan, just someone that has accepted the inevitable but i dont believe so especially in this day and age where the nba forum has ultimately become a heat forum. you cant be a Celtic fan because they are arguably at least top 3 in the east and you have doubts in your team? your not a true celtic fan, then what does that make you? you don't want to be wrong about this statement because you would look like a homer, stating the heat are unbeatable. with that much confidence in one team, does that not make you a heat fan?

and please no ********

xxcubs22xx
08-28-2010, 06:12 PM
The Miami Heat have to WIN before they "can't be beat"

_KB24_
08-28-2010, 06:22 PM
How is this even a question and why haven't mods closed this? :eyebrow:

Every single team is beatable and will lose. Why the hell are they any different especially when they're unproven?

Chill_Will_24
08-28-2010, 06:24 PM
This is my question. Their starting center will I assume be Big Z. He was trashed by D12 in CLE. What makes it any different now? They have no depth. What's the plan? 45 mins a game for all three of them and hope they blow teams away early so that they can rest the second half? I don't get it. No denying that this team will be powerful. However who outside if their three will step up? If a deep team like the Celtics or Lakers play them it's pick your poison. Z won't hold Shaq. Chalmers won't hold Rondo. Lebron can check Pierce somewhat. Ray Allen us the best off the ball player in the league. Lakers are even tougher. Bynum will make Z look pathetic. Kobe is still Kobe. Attest is still a great defender. Gasol vs Bosh will be interesting. If Barnes checks Wade how he did Kobe, Wade might be suspended. Odom will dominate the Heats second unit. Who will check him? Heat ain't getting nothing but lots of season wins IMO

Chacarron
08-28-2010, 06:25 PM

Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Shannon Brown. I'd rather have them than House, Ilgauskas, Miller and Haslem.

stejay
08-28-2010, 06:26 PM
This is my question. Their starting center will I assume be Big Z. He was trashed by D12 in CLE. What makes it any different now? They have no depth. What's the plan? 45 mins a game for all three of them and hope they blow teams away early so that they can rest the second half? I don't get it. No denying that this team will be powerful. However who outside if their three will step up? If a deep team like the Celtics or Lakers play them it's pick your poison. Z won't hold Shaq. Chalmers won't hold Rondo. Lebron can check Pierce somewhat. Ray Allen us the best off the ball player in the league. Lakers are even tougher. Bynum will make Z look pathetic. Kobe is still Kobe. Attest is still a great defender. Gasol vs Bosh will be interesting. If Barnes checks Wade how he did Kobe, Wade might be suspended. Odom will dominate the Heats second unit. Who will check him? Heat ain't getting nothing but lots of season wins IMO

Anthony is their starting C

stejay
08-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Shannon Brown. I'd rather have them than House, Ilgauskas, Miller and Haslem.

x1000000000. Not just cause I am a Lakers fan either.

beasted86
08-28-2010, 06:31 PM
You can't beat the HEAT. :smoking:

The first NBA team to go 16-0 in the playoffs. Book it.

stejay
08-28-2010, 06:32 PM
hahaha gotta love optimism....16-0 hahahaha

jackdawson
08-28-2010, 06:34 PM
You can't beat the HEAT. :smoking:

The first NBA team to go 16-0 in the playoffs. Book it.

:clap:;)

sep11ie
08-28-2010, 06:41 PM
No, LEBRON AND WADE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM WITH CHRISH BOSH 3 OF THE TOP 15 PLAYERS IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD

Hasn't team USA lost before?

McPeak92
08-28-2010, 06:47 PM
everybody can be beat

Hawkeye15
08-28-2010, 06:48 PM
this thread has run its course. I go to the gym, come back, and its a player ranking and Heat bash thread. Please guys, keep these positive