PDA

View Full Version : #10 SF in The NBA?

Mile High Champ
08-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last two years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. Its is now that time to vote! I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 2 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

SF Rankings DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Gerald Wallace
7) Andre Iguodala
8) Rudy Gay
9) Luol Deng
10) Ron Artest

2009 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) Kevin Durant
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Andre Iguodala
7) Caron Butler
8) Hedo Turkoglu
9) Ron Artest
10) Stephen Jackson

2008 Off-Season SF rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Shawn Marion
7) Josh Smith
8) Richard Jefferson
9) Lamar Odom
10) Tayshaun Prince

Mile High Champ
08-27-2010, 09:27 AM
I will also be putting up the #1 PF poll today. That should be interesting to say the least.. Lots of options and no defined number 1..

Steelers23_06
08-27-2010, 09:31 AM
popped the thread cherry

Jets012
08-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Artest

Mile High Champ
08-27-2010, 09:38 AM
After seeing what Maggette continues to do year in and year out, I will go with him here. Artest is getting votes simply because of his name. He is nowhere near as good a player as what he once was. He is no longer the shutdown defendor that helped define his career.

thescore53
08-27-2010, 09:45 AM
maggete is a ball hog.

KnicksR4Real
08-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Id say Gallo based on his statistics. Artest is not consistent.

mynameismo
08-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Ron Ron.. just because he killed us in the finals.

lavilevi23
08-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Caron Butler. and Deng at no.9 is fcked up.

Antipod
08-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Deng nr. 9:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

rhymeratic
08-27-2010, 10:05 AM

+1

Gallo
Artest
Deng

thescore53
08-27-2010, 10:10 AM
^ no

Cool007
08-27-2010, 10:11 AM

Actually Deng IS #9.

http://www.sportserve.co.uk/pics/deng.jpg

His jersey also say so.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:yFj1XHlHv6T65M:http://www.nba-wallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/luol_deng_wallpaper.jpg&t=1
:D

ny212
08-27-2010, 10:14 AM
well cool007 gallinari is number 8 so he should have been number 8 on the list :)

Khalifa21
08-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Showing my boy Gallo some love.

td0tsfinest
08-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm going with Caron on this one. Though, I do like AK47 as well.

97NYer
08-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Gallinari
Butler
Artest
Maggette

DaBUU
08-27-2010, 10:22 AM

no its not. you'll be fine.

Butler ftw

xM1GSx
08-27-2010, 10:23 AM
ron ron

Niro
08-27-2010, 10:29 AM
ron ron

Gibby23
08-27-2010, 10:30 AM
After seeing what Maggette continues to do year in and year out, I will go with him here. Artest is getting votes simply because of his name. He is nowhere near as good a player as what he once was. He is no longer the shutdown defendor that helped define his career.

Wrong.

Brooklyn Mets
08-27-2010, 10:31 AM
gallo gets my vote here..
the kid is deadly from outside and hes able to drive to the hoop and finish plays..
he played good defense last year and he plays with a lot of heart..

homer or no homer i think gallo gets it here..
artest is a great defender and post scorer but i would rather have gallo on my team..
and you can make an argument for maggette here but he needs to have the ball in his hands on offense to be effective and gallo just goes with the flow and takes the open shot when its there, he doesnt try to force anything..

greek miami hea
08-27-2010, 10:32 AM
artest

bbcmillionaire
08-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Lol people are hating on deng, if he stays healthy he might move up a lol bit

stejay
08-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Has to be Artest

Slimsim
08-27-2010, 10:48 AM
if all the Knicks fans Voted Gallo he can get the 10 spot.

AIsixersFK
08-27-2010, 10:51 AM
i'm goin with butler but I have a feeling gallo is gonna break out this year and make a bigger name for himself.

Mile High Champ
08-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Wrong.

Great argument, Care to support youself?

lavilevi23
08-27-2010, 10:52 AM
this **** is full of homerism its starting to get sad.

lavilevi23
08-27-2010, 10:53 AM
I'll take any SF left on that list over Gallinari. I'll even take Mike Miller over him.

tcav701
08-27-2010, 10:55 AM
this **** is full of homerism its starting to get sad.

Yea its sad the "educated" and "dedicated" sports fans on here are such homers. Just goes to show they actually log on to waive their poms poms for their respective clubs.

Corey
08-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm going with Tayshaun Prince, and I'll tell you why:

He's the most consistent, well rounded player remaining. He's an excellent defender, and has never had the opportunity to be the #1 target on offense like Maggette and others have been.

He shoots above 45% from the field, above 37% from 3, and grabs 5 rebounds while dishing out 3 assists per game. He's a consistent 14 point per game guy, and has won titles as a major component of the team.

He plays within his game, and has never been defined as a 'chucker' like many other remaining players have. He plays within his game, and is the ideal complementary piece on a championship team. Unlike Artest and Maggette, he doesn't go through ridiculously long cold streaks, and is an amazing locker room guy.

On top of all that; he's efficient. He's never attempted more than 12.5 shots per game in a whole season, yet he's a consistent 14 ppg player.

If I had to pick one of the remaining players for my team, it would be Tayshaun Prince.

REALLYYYYY?
08-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I will also be putting up the #1 PF poll today. That should be interesting to say the least.. Lots of options and no defined number 1..

yeah that'll be a good one

bigsams50
08-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Ron Ron

Gibby23
08-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Great argument, Care to support youself?

If you watched Artest in the playoffs and Finals he was great on D. After he dropped 15 pounds during the season, he played great D like the game against Melo. Don't really feel the need to explain any further to a guy that picked Maggette at this spot. You chose a guy that averages more turnovers per game than assists per game in his career, a guy that shoots 32% career from 3 point range, one of the worst defenders at his position, and a guy that loses everywhere he has been. Atleast Artest was the main reason the Kings were the 8th seed a few years back, and he picked up the slack for T mac when they went to the playoffs 2 years ago and almost beat the Lakers.

Maggette :facepalm:

Tblaze
08-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Nic Batum :)

save the knicks
08-27-2010, 11:42 AM
remove artest and prince and ariza

add wilson chandler, Nic Batum and travis outlaw

Minimal
08-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Should be Butler for sure.

Avenged
08-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Deng should have probably gone 1 spot higher if anything.

Anyways, Ron Artest for me as well.

Although he has lost production on offense (kind of hard to get his on an already stacked offensive team) his defense is still there and is still one of the top 1 on 1 defenders in the league. He managed to keep Durant in check in the playoffs, and most importantly he limited Paul Pierce in the Finals.

He was a major reason the Lakers won it all this year, without his defense, there's no way the Lakers would have came out on top.

Swashcuff
08-27-2010, 12:05 PM
remove artest and prince and ariza

add wilson chandler, Nic Batum and travis outlaw

are you kidding me with this post?

I tried to take you seriously yesterday but I see now that I wasted my time.

Swashcuff
08-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Lol people are hating on deng, if he stays healthy he might move up a lol bit

To me its quite sad. I can't believe some of these guys.

save the knicks
08-27-2010, 12:14 PM
are you kidding me with this post?

I tried to take you seriously yesterday but I see now that I wasted my time.

Posts: 2,440 since february and its me thats wasting your time?

Kashmir13579
08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Ron Ron.. just because he killed us in the finals.

no he didnt, he just had that one shot. ray allen killed you in the finals.

Chacarron
08-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Ron Artest. I would have voted Gallo but he'll probably be in the top 10 after this season.

DoJoTheSlasher
08-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Butler should be ahead of Deng.......

Anyways anyone saying Gallo > Butler is stupid, anyone saying Artest > Butler is stupid. Anyone saying Gallo > Artest is stupid.

Butler
Artest
Gallo

Swashcuff
08-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Posts: 2,440 since february and its me thats wasting your time?

yes because I actually spent that time debating with real knowing NBA posters. In your case :down:

Kashmir13579
08-27-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm going with Tayshaun Prince, and I'll tell you why:

He's the most consistent, well rounded player remaining. He's an excellent defender, and has never had the opportunity to be the #1 target on offense like Maggette and others have been.

He shoots above 45% from the field, above 37% from 3, and grabs 5 rebounds while dishing out 3 assists per game. He's a consistent 14 point per game guy, and has won titles as a major component of the team.

He plays within his game, and has never been defined as a 'chucker' like many other remaining players have. He plays within his game, and is the ideal complementary piece on a championship team. Unlike Artest and Maggette, he doesn't go through ridiculously long cold streaks, and is an amazing locker room guy.

On top of all that; he's efficient. He's never attempted more than 12.5 shots per game in a whole season, yet he's a consistent 14 ppg player.

If I had to pick one of the remaining players for my team, it would be Tayshaun Prince.

i agree with this, i still voted for gallo though. just the homer in me and i think he's gonna be a star this year.

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 12:28 PM

+1

Gallo
Artest
Deng

all haters...
if deng is not on top 10 then gallo is not even close....
artest is not better then deng anymore either
deng defense is close to artest and artest's defensve has slowed down
btw you forgot caron b
he is still a better player then gallo... and artest
he can get to line easier and has a good shot
his stats just went down because he went to dallas a very loaded team
but come play offs time check his stats he stepped up
20 points 6 rebounds and 1 ast

Mile High Champ
08-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Looks like this will be artest unless PSD wakes up..

Baller1
08-27-2010, 12:33 PM
How the **** did Deng get #9.

Artest.

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 12:35 PM
How the **** did Deng get #9.

Artest.

b.c he is better then rest of the players left or had a better year acording to his stats

he is younger and he has chance to get better tis year

Baller1
08-27-2010, 12:37 PM
b.c he is better then rest of the players left or had a better year acording to his stats

People have been saying Deng "will get better this year" for the past 3 years. He's not better than Artest, he's not better than a healthy AK47, and I'd rather have Prnice as well.

ChiSox219
08-27-2010, 12:38 PM
#10: Nicolas Batum

ChiSox219
08-27-2010, 12:40 PM
People have been saying Deng "will get better this year" for the past 3 years. He's not better than Artest, he's not better than a healthy AK47, and I'd rather have Prnice as well.

You'd be mistaken, Deng is better than all three. His impact on the game is not easy to pick up but it is tremendous. Deng should have been ahead of Gay and probably Iguodala as well.

Kashmir13579
08-27-2010, 12:40 PM
deng is crap and chicago fans know it.

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 12:41 PM

well to bad he has better years then both of then i don't care healthy or not......
even if he doesn't have a better year he is still better then artest and ak47 and prince according to this stats already
also yahoo ranking had him @ 8
don't bs me about how yahoo people don't know anything...
they got a job in their field, so they must know something about basketball
i don't agree with some of their ranking either but no one can make a ranking everyone in the world can agree with

Baller1
08-27-2010, 12:42 PM
You'd be mistaken, Deng is better than all three. His impact on the game is not easy to pick up but it is tremendous. Deng should have been ahead of Gay and probably Iguodala as well.

The problem is, every year people say "Oh watch, Deng is going to have a breakout year and you'll see why we're so high on him" or something of that mold.

Yet, he never "breaks out" but rather gets injured or plays the way we're all used to him playing. I'm a fan of Deng, but to me he's given too much credit.

Baller1
08-27-2010, 12:46 PM
well to bad he has better years then both of then i don't care healthy or not......
even if he doesn't have a better year he is still better then artest and ak47 and prince according to this stats already
also yahoo ranking had him @ 8
don't bs me about how yahoo people don't know anything...
they got a job in their field, so they must know something about basketball
i don't agree with some of their ranking either but no one can make a ranking everyone in the world can agree with

So because one Yahoo expert says Deng is #8, I have to agree?

Artests defense alone makes him more valuable than Deng. He's the sole reason the Lakers made it past OKC because Durant would have murdered anyone else in the league. But Artest kept him at bay with amazing defense. Here's a hypothetical situation; Deng on the Lakers. The Lakers might not even have made it out of the first round with Deng because Durant would have destroyed him.

My point, just because Deng has the better offensive statistics doesn't mean he's the better player.

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 12:47 PM
I'll take any SF left on that list over Gallinari. I'll even take Mike Miller over him.

LOL, im sure if you had the chance, you would be the worst gm in n.b.a history!!!

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 12:48 PM

if deng is trash gallo is the dumpster
you guys say gallo is gonna break out why didn't he do it last year when he didn't have anyone in the team except d lee who could play?
now he has amare and felton i don't see a "breakout season"
:facepalm: @ all the knicks homer
gallo is good but don't say he is better then deng until he shows it
or say deng is garbage when deng is better scorer, rebounder, passer, and defender and more athletic then him

ChiSox219
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
The problem is, every year people say "Oh watch, Deng is going to have a breakout year and you'll see why we're so high on him" or something of that mold.

Yet, he never "breaks out" but rather gets injured or plays the way we're all used to him playing. I'm a fan of Deng, but to me he's given too much credit.

Deng doesn't have to have a breakout year, his season last year was better than the guys you mentioned.

Yes Deng missed some time but only 41 players played more minutes, with Steve Nash finishing with 9 more minutes played. He was 12th overall in Minutes Per Game.

ChiSox219
Someone add Batum to the poll, he's better than anyone up there now.

VinceCarter
AK47 is the best all around player left imo.

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 12:51 PM

DENG IS GARBAGE!!! what has he done in the league besides get injured EVERY season and put up mediocre numbers on a mediocre team... so again, what has the man from sudan done to deserve the number 10 spot.

Swashcuff
08-27-2010, 12:53 PM

Could you please explain to these posters why Deng is fairly rated I'm really not up to it right now.

Jays Claw
08-27-2010, 12:53 PM
I went with Corey Maggette here at #10.

He was ridiculously efficient last year and his offensive numbers are off the chart!

Corey Maggette (2009-2010) - {20.3 PER, 116 ORtg, 5.6 OWS, 6.3 WS, 52% FG, 84% FT & 62% TS}

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 12:54 PM
So because one Yahoo expert says Deng is #8, I have to agree?

Artests defense alone makes him more valuable than Deng. He's the sole reason the Lakers made it past OKC because Durant would have murdered anyone else in the league. But Artest kept him at bay with amazing defense. Here's a hypothetical situation; Deng on the Lakers. The Lakers might not even have made it out of the first round with Deng because Durant would have destroyed him.

My point, just because Deng has the better offensive statistics doesn't mean he's the better player.

first of all artest did do a good job on kevin durant but... you don't know how deng would have done...
also durant missed many many open shots i wanted the playoffs 2...

def rating for artest is 105
deng is 106

he is barley better defensively and lakers being a better defensive team inside artest's def rating should be around 102-104

lakers with deng could take thunder anyday...
if they won a championship with ariza i am pretty sure they can get past first round with deng

and just 2 years ago kobe refused the trade for him because he wanted to play along side deng

deng's offensive stats are way better and defensibly they are around the same
if you watched deng play he is a very good defender

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 12:57 PM

you guys say gallo is gonna break out why didn't he do it last year when he didn't have anyone in the team except d lee who could play?
@ all the knicks homer
or say deng is garbage when deng is better scorer, rebounder, passer, and defender and more athletic then him

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 12:59 PM

LOL, X2 that's what im saying. deng reached his potential 2 years ago, he is a decent player but not top 10. maybe butler, but the rest, ahhh NO. gallo and batum will be top 10 next season.

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
artest is top 10 though

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 01:02 PM
LOL, X2 that's what im saying. deng reached his potential 2 years ago, he is a decent player but not top 10. maybe butler, but the rest, ahhh NO. gallo and batum will be top 10 next season.

you can say the same for rudy and iggy
rudy gay has only went down after his 2nd season
iggy has never arg 20 ppg + per game being first options and his stats are on decline
does that mean gay and iggy have reached their potential?
i think no so you can't say same thing about deng because is 24...
some players get it late look @ Stephen jackson , nash anyone?
but you can't even say that about deng because he is only 24...

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 01:08 PM
:facepalm: @ all the knicks homer

LOL, you obviously didnt realize last season was basically his rookie season and that he was only 21 year of age, he did nothing more or less than he should have done... at the end of there careers im 100% sure gallo will be noted as a better player than deng & half the players on the list & trying to make the list. HE WANTS TO BE THE BEST & HAS THE HEART, DRIVE & PASSION FOR THE GAME TO GET HIM THERE...

Antipod
08-27-2010, 01:14 PM
PS: i would take anyone from this remaining list over Deng :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 01:15 PM
LOL, you obviously didnt realize last season was basically his rookie season and that he was only 21 year of age, he did nothing more or less than he should have done... at the end of there careers im 100% sure gallo will be noted as a better player than deng & half the players on the list & trying to make the list. HE WANTS TO BE THE BEST & HAS THE HEART, DRIVE & PASSION FOR THE GAME TO GET HIM THERE...

that was his second season btw
if he is going to be like what you said
he should have made it his team last year
this year it is amare's team which slows down his development

Ex: D rose first year he took over the team like it was his even though ben gordan was leading scorrer
second year : 20 ppg 6 ast
i don't think new york believes he will be top 5 sf that's why they are trying to get mello
if they believe he will then they should just let him develop

masalex1205
08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
haha NYK homers...got to be Artest here

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
PS: i would take anyone from this remaining list over Deng :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

then your just an ignorant idiot :]
that is fine with me

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 01:18 PM
you can say the same for rudy and iggy
rudy gay has only went down after his 2nd season
iggy has never arg 20 ppg + per game being first options and his stats are on decline
does that mean gay and iggy have reached their potential?
i think no so you can't say same thing about deng because is 24...
some players get it late look @ Stephen jackson , nash anyone?
but you can't even say that about deng because he is only 24...

i understand you point, but as a basketball fan in general i have watched deng play since he entered the league and he hasent re-fined any aspects of his game besides his jumper and he's a pretty streaky shooter. iggy is better than deng period, he does so many things on the court. as for rudy, you are on the money as i feel he has reached his potential, can him or deng get better? yes, but better at the things they already do, imo. neither of the two has added to there game in recent years.

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 01:22 PM
i understand you point, but as a basketball fan in general i have watched deng play since he entered the league and he hasent re-fined any aspects of his game besides his jumper and he's a pretty streaky shooter. iggy is better than deng period, he does so many things on the court. as for rudy, you are on the money as i feel he has reached his potential, can him or deng get better? yes, but better at the things they already do, imo. neither of the two has added to there game in recent years.

your right in that
but he is a perfect complimentary player to anyone in the league b.c he doesn't take the ball away so much
he deserves to be top 10 that is all i am saying
your right as a bulls fan i would take iggy over deng but
deng's stats show other wise
that's all i am saying
you should look @ my gallo response

save the knicks
08-27-2010, 01:24 PM

Ex: D rose first year he took over the team like it was his even though ben gordan was leading scorrer
i don't think new york believes he will be top 5 sf that's why they are trying to get mello

lol this guy thinks the NBA is a pure meritocracy :facepalm:

Gallo was not healthy his first year and only played 412 mins in 28 games. If anything knock the mans poor health

also leading a team in scoring =/= being a leader especially when that guy has wanted out of the team for years

tcav701
08-27-2010, 01:26 PM
The rules to these polls clearly state to avoid homerism. If you only watch your team play, you probably have no idea how good the other players on the poll really are.

If you dont, look up the numbers.

Everyone that comments only has good things to say about their teams players. Go back to SF #6 and New Yorkers were saying it was Gallo. (Just one example of many)

GO AWAY lol

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 01:32 PM
lol this guy thinks the NBA is a pure meritocracy :facepalm:

Gallo was not healthy his first year and only played 412 mins in 28 games. If anything knock the mans poor health

also leading a team in scoring =/= being a leader especially when that guy has wanted out of the team for years

... don't face palm me when your being a homer saying gallo is better then deng

most of the time the leader does lead the team in one category most of the time being points

gallo hasn't showed anything that says he is the leader of the team or the main man

looks like it is not going to happen b.c they got amare

and they want mello and cp3...

if gallo is a top 5 sf or will be like knicks fan say he will why trade for mello? plz explain they will just be giving away a top 5 sf and more pieces for top 3?

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 01:34 PM

first off HE WAS OUT ALMOST THE WHOLE SEASON WITH A LOWER BACK INJURY, i said LAST YEAR WAS BASICALLY HIS ROOKIE SEASON. second, dude is european, name ONE just one european player that took over a nba ball club there 1st full season in the best league in the world. third, LMFAO, how are you comparing derrick rose to gallo??? how many derrick rose's will there be in the league??? again LOL, rose came in as the guy for his team!!! they knew gallo had to develop and adjust to a new environment and a DIFFERENT LEAGUE... dude, comparing a PG to a SF is just dumb. anyway, you will see that gallo is better than your man deng we they face each other this season... KNICKS bulls rivalry renewed... and FYI no one thinks hes a top 5 sf, who said that??? and who wouldnt try to get the 3rd best sf in the league?? LOL & SMH. your team would dump deng in a heart beat for mello, lets keep things realistic.

save the knicks
08-27-2010, 01:36 PM
The rules to these polls clearly state to avoid homerism. If you only watch your team play, you probably have no idea how good the other players on the poll really are.

Everyone that comments only has good things to say about their teams players. Go back to SF #6 and New Yorkers were saying it was Gallo. (Just one example of many)

GO AWAY lol

Yet Ron Artest is winning the poll

Anyone else watch Ron struggle all season long?

Guys are just voting for the personality and the name. This poll isnt about who has the best post game interview or who has the wildest hair doo. Go look at Rons stats they do not stack up! And if Knicks fans were as homerish as you say Gallo would have 100 votes by now but, then again most Knicks fans probably avoid the General board because of all the bashing.

Slimsim
08-27-2010, 01:37 PM

GO AWAY lol

Gallo averaged 15 points and 5 rebs in Basically his Rookie year coming off Surgery the year before. I think he deserve a spot.

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 01:38 PM

most of the time the leader does lead the team in one category most of the time being points

gallo hasn't showed anything that says he is the leader of the team or the main man

looks like it is not going to happen b.c they got amare

and they want mello and cp3...

if gallo is a top 5 sf or will be like knicks fan say he will why trade for mello? plz explain they will just be giving away a top 5 sf and more pieces for top 3?

who's saying he's a top 5 sf??? he's not top 5, but he has the potential to be in a year or two.

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-27-2010, 01:39 PM
first off HE WAS OUT ALMOST THE WHOLE SEASON WITH A LOWER BACK INJURY, i said LAST YEAR WAS BASICALLY HIS ROOKIE SEASON. second, dude is european, name ONE just one european player that took over a nba ball club there 1st full season in the best league in the world. third, LMFAO, how are you comparing derrick rose to gallo??? how many derrick rose's will there be in the league??? again LOL, rose came in as the guy for his team!!! they knew gallo had to develop and adjust to a new environment and a DIFFERENT LEAGUE... dude, comparing a PG to a SF is just dumb. anyway, you will see that gallo is better than your man deng we they face each other this season... KNICKS bulls rivalry renewed... and FYI no one thinks hes a top 5 sf, who said that??? and who wouldnt try to get the 3rd best sf in the league?? LOL & SMH. your team would dump deng in a heart beat for mello, lets keep things realistic.

i get your point but i am just asking why fix something if it not broken
if gallo is gonna be as good as knicks fans are saying
and yeah some started voting for him @ 4 and 5
why trade him because your gonna be giving away pieces just to get a slightly better player
ex: trading rose of williams or cp3 but also giving away taj gibson or deng would that really make us better?
of course i would trade deng for mello
i never said deng would be top 5 sf in league
that would be like going from # 9 to # 3
all i am saying is to keep the gallo thing off until he proves it ty
and stop mocking deng...

tcav701
08-27-2010, 01:40 PM

Guys are just voting for the personality and the name. This poll isnt about who has the best post game interview or who has the wildest hair doo. Go look at Rons stats they do not stack up! And if Knicks fans were as homerish as you say Gallo would have 100 votes by now but, then again most Knicks fans probably avoid the General board because of all the bashing.

Dude dont think im picking on Knicks fans, I just used Gallo as an example of what Im seeing from all fans.

Every team has homers. My point was they shouldnt vote on these polls if they aren't being honest or if they don't know what they are talking about.

I'll make an agreement with all fans on PSD that for the rest of these polls NO ONE can vote for a guy that plays on their team. If you happen to think your guy belongs in that spot just dont vote that round.

tcav701
08-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Gallo averaged 15 points and 5 rebs in Basically his Rookie year coming off Surgery the year before. I think he deserve a spot.

AGAIN i am using him as an example at #6!!!!!

I am not speaking about knicks fans, I am speaking of ALL homers. Gallo was simply the example I chose. Im not gonna argue Gallo's talent thats what the poll is for.

ChiSox219
08-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Guys are just voting for the personality and the name. This poll isnt about who has the best post game interview or who has the wildest hair doo. Go look at Rons stats they do not stack up!

:clap:

GMEN4EVER
08-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Tough call here between Ron Ron and Gallo. I'm basing this off what i'm expecting to see out of them this season, not what they did last year. And even in a diminished form, Ron artest is a great defensive SF, and I don't think anyone can question wether or not he can hit a clutch shot nowadays. I'm pretty far off the Deng bandwagon, I haven't seen him make any strides in his game that would make me think he still has some untapped potential he's likely to reach. Gallo was the worst of the three last year, but he's also the youngest and he showed some improvement last year, and he really stepped it up down the stretch, something like 22 ppg in the last month. So for next year i'm voting Gallo as the best of those three and number 10 in the SF rankings. Surprised Deng made number 9 but oh well, that's already happened. Btw, Magette is a low efficiency high volume scorer who doesn't do anything else well, he's not a top ten SF anymore, and Butlet did not impress anyone with his play after he got traded last year.

save the knicks
08-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Ill face palm you and anyone else who believes that the NBA is a pure meritocracy all day long

once again:facepalm:

He has but i doubt you watch the games so :facepalm: again

Top 5? Dude you are just making things up to fit your argument.

You wouldnt want the bulls to trade Deng for Mello?

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 01:53 PM
i get your point but i am just asking why fix something if it not broken
if gallo is gonna be as good as knicks fans are saying
and yeah some started voting for him @ 4 and 5
why trade him because your gonna be giving away pieces just to get a slightly better player
ex: trading rose of williams or cp3 but also giving away taj gibson or deng would that really make us better?
of course i would trade deng for mello
i never said deng would be top 5 sf in league
that would be like going from # 9 to # 3
all i am saying is to keep the gallo thing off until he proves it ty
and stop mocking deng...

i honestly dont want mello, thats how much i believe in gallo. imo, mello is the 3rd best sf, but he is only good for scoring, thats ALL he does and hes not worth trading your whole team. he's also showing some character flaws the way he's handling his situation. so i say, f mello.

tcav701
08-27-2010, 01:54 PM
i honestly dont want mello, thats how much i believe in gallo. imo, mello is the 3rd best sf, but he is only good for scoring, thats ALL he does and hes not worth trading your whole team. he's also showing some character flaws the way he's handling his situation. so i say, f mello.

I hope you still dont hate Melo when he plays for the Knicks next year

ChiSox219
08-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Anyone who thinks Gallinari is a top 10 SF needs to explain how he is better than Nicolas Batum, who is a better shooter, defender, rebounder, and teammate.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=Sl7QM

save the knicks
08-27-2010, 01:58 PM

I see where you are coming from but if the NBA is headed in a super friends direction i would rather have a possible Mello Paul Amare triumvirate than Gallo, Bellinelli, and Bargiani.

also all this talk of character needs to stop these guys are ball players not politicians

Gators123
08-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Anyone who thinks Gallinari is a top 10 SF needs to explain how he is better than Nicolas Batum, who is a better shooter, defender, rebounder, and teammate.

Didn't realize Batum was that efficient

ChiSox219
08-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Didn't realize Batum was that efficient

His defense is also very good already at age 21.

The T'Wolves offered the #4 pick for Batum and Portland said no.

Lakeshow86
08-27-2010, 02:02 PM
I think Artest and I wouldnt have Artest at 10 either. he should be 6 or 7 on that list. Hes a better player than his stats are with Lakers. Its not like he has gone downhill. His stats went way down because he's the 4th or 5th option on a stacked laker team. IF you put Ron Ron on any other team he will still get you up to 20 PTS per game and is still one of the best defenders in the league.

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I hope you still dont hate Melo when he plays for the Knicks next year

never said i hate mello, i actually like mello, but im not willing to trade gallo & company for him. i would welcome him with open arms via free agency... although his lebronish behavior lately is dis-appointing, your better than that mello! too many people getting in your head...

save the knicks
08-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Batum is solid but i would like to see how his averages do when he takes more than 268 shots.

slyone_nyc
08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I see where you are coming from but if the NBA is headed in a super friends direction i would rather have a possible Mello Paul Amare triumvirate than Gallo, Bellinelli, and Bargiani.

also all this talk of character needs to stop these guys are ball players not politicians

LOL gallo, bellinelli and bargiani... LOL, but i have to bring up character as it has an effect on the team on and off the court. marbury, curry, larry hughs, nate robinson, just to name a few who had character issues that affected our team, so, as you can see character does have atremendous impact, thats why we all loved lee...

Illinirob83
08-27-2010, 02:25 PM
What does gallo do well other than shoot 3's at a good rate? Plus its a D'antoni system, I don't really take any of his offensive totals seriously because of the pace the Knicks play. And is the guy even interesting in playing defense at all? Dangerous shooter from deep, otherwise....what?

Slimsim
08-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Gallo Average 5 rebounds He would have had more But lee Stole rebounds to Pad his stats. Gallo is a good shooter and if you look at any Knicks game you can see how the defense was Covering Gallo like a blanket. Gallo is a decent Defender and Gallo is a better teammate because he turn down shots and give it to a teammate who has a better Shot.

Sadds The Gr8
08-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Tough Juice

Slimsim
What does gallo do well other than shoot 3's at a good rate? Plus its a D'antoni system, I don't really take any of his offensive totals seriously because of the pace the Knicks play. And is the guy even interesting in playing defense at all? Dangerous shooter from deep, otherwise....what?

Knick were in the middle of the pack When it came to pace. Knicks didn't play 7 secs or less. But you wouldn't know that because i doubt you watch any knicks game.

ChiSox219
Gallo Average 5 rebounds He would have had more But lee Stole rebounds to Pad his stats. Gallo is a good shooter and if you look at any Knicks game you can see how the defense was Covering Gallo like a blanket. Gallo is a decent Defender and Gallo is a better teammate because he turn down shots and give it to a teammate who has a better Shot.

You've never seen Batum play.

Jack Daniels
08-27-2010, 02:46 PM

I always forget how yourng that guy is, then when I see the age it seems like he has been around for a long time...

thekmp211
08-27-2010, 02:51 PM
i'll barely take artest here, because of what he can provide on defense, but then it's my boy maggette and meatballs!!

Illinirob83
08-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Knick were in the middle of the pack When it came to pace. Knicks didn't play 7 secs or less. But you wouldn't know that because i doubt you watch any knicks game.

yeah I do try to avoid atrocious basketball watching, Knicks qualify.

Slimsim
08-27-2010, 03:35 PM
yeah I do try to avoid atrocious basketball watching, Knicks qualify.

I don't blame you.

The Raven
08-27-2010, 04:01 PM
RonRon

YankeesNets11
08-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Artest

Hawkeye15
08-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Artest should go here simply because of his defense.