PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Trying To Trade Rudy Fernandez, Refuse To Release Rights

JordansBulls
08-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Link (http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/8/26/1652948/transcript-blazers-gm-rich-cho)

The Blazers are actively looking to trade Rudy Fernandez.

"I've talked to a lot of teams," said GM Rich Cho. "I don't want to get into specific trade talks. The whole Rudy issue is out there so I will speak to it a little bit. I have been active in talking to a lot of teams."

Cho dismissed the possibility of Portland releasing Fernandez.

lakers4sho
08-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Good. Just do something.

D-Train#35
08-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Tired of hearing about this guy. Its a shame, I used to be a big fan.

black1605
08-26-2010, 11:33 PM
I would love to see him in Charlotte, but not sure we have anything the Blazers would want.

Slimsim
08-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Is he really worth the hype i haven't really see him Dominate in a game ?

69centers
08-26-2010, 11:54 PM
He's publicly spoken about how he wasn't motivated this year in Portland, due to his role. If he ain't happy, he apparently doesn't give it his all. Wherever he goes, I'd be worried if he isn't happy, because his play won't help your team. I guess with what little salary he makes, it's not a huge risk if he became a burden and you had to waive him.

REALLYYYYY?
08-26-2010, 11:58 PM
I would love to see him in Charlotte, but not sure we have anything the Blazers would want.

you probably don't. i'm beginning to think the blazers would not trade rudy for durant.

...or jordan in his prime...

MJ-BULLS
08-27-2010, 12:07 AM
The blazers want to get as much value in return for him. but they are really dragging this far that's for sure.

sargon21
08-27-2010, 12:11 AM
**** rudy.

iggypop123
08-27-2010, 12:12 AM
blazers want value which means nothing will happen.

commonsense12
08-27-2010, 12:13 AM
you probably don't. i'm beginning to think the blazers would not trade rudy for durant.

...or jordan in his prime...

Honestly i kind of agree with you. A player of his caliber thats disgruntled and generally has shown a bad attitude is not worth more then a 2nd round draft choice. He also threatened to go back to Spain. If he did that and left the team that acquired him holding the bag, they would be pissed. So its risky acquiring him because what if he doesnt like his role on this new team?

If the Bulls offered a first they should have taken it and ran. Again i would not give up more then a 2nd for him because of the reasons above.

Kakaroach
08-27-2010, 12:17 AM
They want people to give fair value bu thats not happening when people know the guy is on the market and doesn't want to play in Portland. This situation is only gonna get worse.

Hellcrooner
08-27-2010, 12:47 AM
portland is not accepting anthing because they WANT too force him to go to europe bwing HIS image wich i s tarnished.

They dont want another petrovic ro JO happening to them.

beasted86
08-27-2010, 01:02 AM
He's not worth what Portland wants, and is somewhat overrated.

He's a complainer... he's probably not going to work on any contender because he's above playing the role the coach asks of him, and blows the opportunities given to him.

Antipod
08-27-2010, 02:08 AM
This has to end... just trade his ***

Maybe they are waiting for the World Champ to end, in hope that he`ll have a good tournament and that will boost his value ?

blams
08-27-2010, 02:12 AM
da bulls

REALLYYYYY?
08-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Honestly i kind of agree with you. A player of his caliber thats disgruntled and generally has shown a bad attitude is not worth more then a 2nd round draft choice. He also threatened to go back to Spain. If he did that and left the team that acquired him holding the bag, they would be pissed. So its risky acquiring him because what if he doesnt like his role on this new team?

If the Bulls offered a first they should have taken it and ran. Again i would not give up more then a 2nd for him because of the reasons above.

Now that's some commonsense. :)

Bulls_fan90
08-27-2010, 03:07 AM
This has to end... just trade his ***

Maybe they are waiting for the World Champ to end, in hope that he`ll have a good tournament and that will boost his value ?

I think he's injured. This shouldn't suprise anyone. Portland have a history of overrating their players.

NYKalltheway
08-27-2010, 08:29 AM
If Portland releases his rights, what happens? Does his salary count against the salary cap until his contract would expire?

JordansBulls
08-27-2010, 08:56 AM
blazers want value which means nothing will happen.

This

Khalifa21
08-27-2010, 09:30 AM
I was shocked at the Knicks offering Wilson Chandler.

If the Blazers are turning that down they value Rudy far too highly. Chandler is a much better player than Rudy and is one of the best offers I could see the Blazers getting.

I'm real glad that deal hasn't gone through though.

bostncelts34
08-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Von wafer + 2nd rounder

junion
08-27-2010, 10:43 AM
get this guy out of the nba.. we don't want you here... we want someone who actually wants to play in the nba... go back to spain if you don't like the nba.

like some of us said before "just don't watch"... for rudy, "just don't play" in the nba... go back home.

Yunqn
08-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Is he really worth the hype i haven't really see him Dominate in a game ?

thank u .. he's really becoming one of the most overrared players.. he isnt even top 4 or 5 on his spain team..

the blazers are the worst team to trade with.. exactly why chicago didnt get boozer last summer..

rudy hasnt even done anything.. & i supported him for being something for a while but the more i see of him playing and off the court problems its just becoming more clear without the fans in portland rudy is a solid guy.. if he wasnt a fan favorite as a spark guy and nothing more. than guys like wilson chandler should have more hype..

rudys becoming overrated and boring.. chicago or not i still dont see him being better than brewer impact wise on our starting 5.. i personally dont care about anything but see'in how the "bulls" play not rudy's next interview

BigEasy1323
08-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Not this again. He was not impressive in the USA - Spain exhibition match either. As a Bulls fan I am getting tired of hearing about him