PDA

View Full Version : Do yo think kobe would retire if he wins a championship this 2010-2011 season?

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:12 PM
A couple things just popped up into my head regarding kobe.

As everyone knows his team has a chance at another 3 peat. But then i started thinking about what happens after that. Im thinking he would consider retirement and heres a list of reasons why:

- Phil would undoubtably retire (would kobe see any current coach out there as good enough to possibly get this laker squad back to the finals? doubt it)

- He would match jordans rings ( he'd been chasing his legacy and he would finally feel like a weights been lifted)

- Wants to go out on top (its hard to top a 3 peat and also very very close to impossible he may see it as a perfect time to go out)

- Injuries, we know he plays with them but at this point if he wins he has nothing left to prove and would/should be considering his health and the effect of another rigourous year could have on him in the future.

- The rise of other teams and young players coming together may make him wanna cash out while he still can (He didnt wanna even think about possibly playing against Lebron and wade at the same time but there only getting just hitting their prime he may want a nice transition out since he knows there time is coming along with the possibility of other elite teams forming with melo,cp3,durant etc)

You may think its silly but smart ones get out while they can i wouldnt want kobe possibly trying to get every second left of playing time out of his older self like some ex superstars did at some point getting 20-25 min a night just cause they could they basically looked like a former shell of themselves and to extent tarnished there rep just food for thought.

BKdoubleStacker
08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
no way

He still has 2-3 years left of elite play and a very good team

He would be a fool to retire regardless if he wins another ring or not

lakers4sho
08-26-2010, 06:16 PM
um...no

NYKalltheway
08-26-2010, 06:16 PM
If he wins now I think he'd try for one more

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:17 PM
no way

He still has 2-3 years left of elite play and a very good team

He would be a fool to retire regardless if he wins another ring or not

well could u answer against some of the reasons i listed why though? And its only if he wins if he doesnt win it i wouldnt think he does cause its negates like 2-3 of my reasons.

I mean Jordan had plenty of game left as well but he just felt the game reached its peak for him and he had nothing left to prove my thoughts are that kobe may feel the same way.

JordansBulls
08-26-2010, 06:19 PM

As everyone knows his team has a chance at another 3 peat. But then i started thinking about what happens after that. Im thinking he would consider retirement and heres a list of reasons why:

- Phil would undoubtably retire (would kobe see any current coach out there as good enough to possibly get this laker squad back to the finals? doubt it)

- He would match jordans rings ( he'd been chasing his legacy and he would finally feel like a weights been lifted)

- Wants to go out on top (its hard to top a 3 peat and also very very close to impossible he may see it as a perfect time to go out)

- Injuries, we know he plays with them but at this point if he wins he has nothing left to prove and would/should be considering his health and the effect of another rigourous year could have on him in the future.

- The rise of other teams and young players coming together may make him wanna cash out while he still can (He didnt wanna even think about possibly playing against Lebron and wade at the same time but there only getting just hitting their prime he may want a nice transition out since he knows there time is coming along with the possibility of other elite teams forming with melo,cp3,durant etc)

You may think its silly but smart ones get out while they can i wouldnt want kobe possibly trying to get every second left of playing time out of his older self like some ex superstars did at some point getting 20-25 min a night just cause they could they basically looked like a former shell of themselves and to extent tarnished there rep just food for thought.

He will play out the end of his contract.

stejay
08-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Hell No.... Kobe will play until 36 I think, at a elite level. He is in the day of better conditioning of athletes, and this will prolong his career. That gives him 4 more years until he declines, or IMO, retires. That is by my calculation.

Baller1
08-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Of course not. If Kobe gets his 6th this year, do you honestly think he won't go for seven to try to "top" Jordan? Come on now, he'll be playing abother 2-4 years.

greg_ory_2005
08-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Hell no.

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Hell No.... Kobe will play until 36 I think, at a elite level. He is in the day of better conditioning of athletes, and this will prolong his career. That gives him 4 more years until he declines, or IMO, retires. That is by my calculation.

im not saying he couldn't still play just saying he may think about leaving the game of basketball not everyone wants to or should play until a sport wears out their body.

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 06:24 PM

You wish he retires, that way the Heat would have it easier.

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Of course not. If Kobe gets his 6th this year, do you honestly think he won't go for seven to try to "top" Jordan? Come on now, he'll be playing abother 2-4 years.

Yep especially if no phil, no d fish, no cba and the further development of some injuries + family stuff nobody sees coming.

Hellcrooner
08-26-2010, 06:26 PM
no , wy Match Jordan when you can SURPASS himP?

But of course , he may retire to go play Soccer in a second division italian team while Pau leads lakers to the second round and its robber the entry to conference finals by refs, then the second season after that kobe decides to return in the middel of the season with number 46, they get out at conference finals.
He decides to gforget the 46 shittty idea and puts back 24 and the lakers do yeat another threepeat.

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:26 PM
You wish he retires, that way the Heat would have it easier.

thanks for trying to ruin a thread this wasnt even about them get lebrons slong out of your *** please its making u cranky.

netsgiantsyanks
08-26-2010, 06:27 PM
hell no

netsgiantsyanks
08-26-2010, 06:28 PM
thanks for trying to ruin a thread this wasnt even about them get lebrons slong out of your *** please its making u cranky.

i think the right word is thong

stejay
08-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Yep especially if no phil, no d fish, no cba and the further development of some injuries + family stuff nobody sees coming.

im not saying he couldn't still play just saying he may think about leaving the game of basketball not everyone wants to or should play until a sport wears out their body.

1st part is wishful thinking for the Heat, and the second part.... Do you know anything about athletes? They will find a way to **** their money away. I wouldnt retire if I were Kobe. I would play until 37, and save money into a bank account for his retirement. That would be sensible lol. Plus, has it occured to you he may love the sport, and not want to retire?!?! This is a very pointless thread, as it is very clear he won't do what is stated in the title

Storch
08-26-2010, 06:32 PM
He went on record stating that he's going to play until no one wants to sign him to any kind of contract anymore, because he simply loves the game THAT much.

stejay
08-26-2010, 06:33 PM

You mentioned Lebron man....:facepalm:

kjoke
08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
i love you

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
1st part is wishful thinking for the Heat, and the second part.... Do you know anything about athletes? They will find a way to **** their money away. I wouldnt retire if I were Kobe. I would play until 37, and save money into a bank account for his retirement. That would be sensible lol. Plus, has it occured to you he may love the sport, and not want to retire?!?! This is a very pointless thread, as it is very clear he won't do what is stated in the title

OMG this IS NOT about the HEAT get over that please. Not all athletes are that ******** if anything im thinking highly of kobe to think he wouldnt go blow his money on stupid stuff. And he could still get plenty of money outside of playing ball. Jordan "loved the sport" and retired early so there goes that argument. And again nobody thought it would be clear that jordan would retire after his first 3 rings either so its within the realm of possibility.

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:35 PM
You mentioned Lebron man....:facepalm:

:facepalm: I also mentioned jordan, carmelo, cp3, and durant but of course you guys have his penis so far up your ***** its inside your brain and thats all u see when a heat fan posts anything or anytime u see lebron mentioned in a sentence.

Klivlend
08-26-2010, 06:35 PM

Until he declines?! Guy, he is on the decline. He has already reached his prime and is on a slow decent. Be realistic. He is 32. You really don't think he will start to decline until he is 36? Kobe is a phenomenal athlete, but he is still human. 36 is way past anyone’s prime. He may still be a top 5 player for 4 more years, but he is on his way out.

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-26-2010, 06:37 PM
um...no

:clap:

I hope he doesn't so the Heat will have some competition in the West after evreyone migrated to the East or at least is trying to.

Besides - Laker fans won't have it! K.Bryant will play till he's 40 and maybe beyond. He's way too dedicated to give up too early

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:37 PM
He went on record stating that he's going to play until no one wants to sign him to any kind of contract anymore, because he simply loves the game THAT much.

Thank you, now that is a usefull response i did not know that. but of course people minds change but thats a good arguement for him not retireing.

stejay
08-26-2010, 06:38 PM
OMG this IS NOT about the HEAT get over that please. Not all athletes are that ******** if anything im thinking highly of kobe to think he wouldnt go blow his money on stupid stuff. And he could still get plenty of money outside of playing ball. Jordan "loved the sport" and retired early so there goes that argument. And again nobody thought it would be clear that jordan would retire after his first 3 rings either so its within the realm of possibility.

Jordan "loved" the sport enough to retire many times..... go figure :rolleyes: Kobe is only 32....Man get up off him man, and you have made it about the Heat, simply because you put this thread up. You gotta admit, it looks bad for you. Oh yea, btw, good argument there...I'll keep it in mind to just use big lettering to "win" an argument. Keep it real man :cool::rolleyes:

NBAfan4life
08-26-2010, 06:40 PM
He will play out the end of his contract.

This^^^^

He signed an enormous contract which will make him the highest paid player in the league. Why leave all that money?!??!?!?!??!

stejay
08-26-2010, 06:40 PM
:facepalm: I also mentioned jordan, carmelo, cp3, and durant but of course you guys have his penis so far up your ***** its inside your brain and thats all u see when a heat fan posts anything or anytime u see lebron mentioned in a sentence.

Nahh man, the dude mentioned the Heat,and you said why is everything about Lebron. Then, on a seperate post, I mentioned THE HEAT in a different post. You mentioned Lebron man. You is getting paranoid. :facepalm: Plus, for the record, I aint a Lebron fan. I really dont like the guy. Great player, give him his dues, but his attitude stinks.

Jewelz0376
08-26-2010, 06:41 PM

Uhhh no that doesn't disprove his argument...Kobe still has good years left and he loves the game too much to retire... How many players do you see retire when they are still a top 5 player...Not many..Jordan is really the only one I can think of...

As competitive as Kobe is what would he do if he retired?? Sure he would be able to spend more time with his family and all that but it would kill Kobe sitting around not playing knowing he would still be one of the best players in the league... Thats what happened to Jordan which is why he kept coming back..

Not to mention even IF Phil does retire after this season Brian Shaw will most likely take his place and Kobe would have no problem playing for him.

And finally your crazy if you think Kobe would retire because's he scared of the young talent in this league.. The lakers with the team they have now will be title contenders for the next 3-4 years...barring any injuries...Kobe is not retiring..

stejay
08-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Until he declines?! Guy, he is on the decline. He has already reached his prime and is on a slow decent. Be realistic. He is 32. You really don't think he will start to decline until he is 36? Kobe is a phenomenal athlete, but he is still human. 36 is way past anyone’s prime. He may still be a top 5 player for 4 more years, but he is on his way out.

:facepalm: Oh so a top 5 player aint elite no more?

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Jordan "loved" the sport enough to retire many times..... go figure :rolleyes: Kobe is only 32....Man get up off him man, and you have made it about the Heat, simply because you put this thread up. You gotta admit, it looks bad for you. Oh yea, btw, good argument there...I'll keep it in mind to just use big lettering to "win" an argument. Keep it real man :cool::rolleyes:

LMAO i made it about the heat i just defend my team when people try to bring it into the convo but check the post i made before that they were in response to kobe not my team i only included my team when butt hurt fans like u seem to mention them. The bold wasnt to win the argument because again it has nothing to do with the heat. but im glad were on ur mind so much.

... back to kobe.

stejay
08-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Uhhh no that doesn't disprove his argument...Kobe still has good years left and he loves the game too much to retire... How many players do you see retire when they are still a top 5 player...Not many..Jordan is really the only one I can think of...

As competitive as Kobe is what would he do if he retired?? Sure he would be able to spend more time with his family and all that but it would kill Kobe sitting around not playing knowing he would still be one of the best players in the league... Thats what happened to Jordan which is why he kept coming back..

Not to mention even IF Phil does retire after this season Brian Shaw will most likely take his place and Kobe would have no problem playing for him.

And finally your crazy if you think Kobe would retire because's he scared of the young talent in this league.. The lakers with the team they have now will be title contenders for the next 3-4 years...barring any injuries...Kobe is not retiring..too bad for the Heat cuz it would be a whole lot easier for them if he did

Ryne Sandberg? Just saying lol.....

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:43 PM
:facepalm: Oh so a top 5 player aint elite no more?

wow ur reading comprehension sucks he never said kobe wouldnt be elite just that hed be on the decline theres a huge difference.

stejay
08-26-2010, 06:44 PM
LMAO i made it about the heat i just defend my team when people try to bring it into the convo but check the post i made before that they were in response to kobe not my team i only included my team when butt hurt fans like u seem to mention them. The bold wasnt to win the argument because again it has nothing to do with the heat. but im glad were on ur mind so much.

... back to kobe.

butt hurt? I couldnt care less about the Heat. They wont win a Finals for a few years, and even then, they wont create a dynasty....lets keep it about Kobe from now on...My bad.

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2010, 06:45 PM
butt hurt? I couldnt care less about the Heat. They wont win a Finals for a few years, and even then, they wont create a dynasty....lets keep it about Kobe from now on...My bad.

thank you!

Klivlend
08-26-2010, 06:48 PM
wow ur reading comprehension sucks he never said kobe wouldnt be elite just that hed be on the decline theres a huge difference.

Thanks man! Couldn't have said it better myself. I swear, the reading comprehension level of some people on PSD is terrible. There should be some sort of test to create an account. haha, not really. That would suck. People should have just paid attention in school more so they're not such nincompoops now.

SA5195
08-26-2010, 06:52 PM
lol...NO

SouljahPhil...
08-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Wiining more rings is nothing to prove?

LOL!!!!!!! Kobe is not that type of guy..He wants competition... Were you getting your rationale bro?

Raidaz4Life
08-26-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry but there is absolutely no logic to Kobe retiring unless his injuries force him to. I mean come on we are talking about a guy who IMO is still in his prime.

Kevj77
08-26-2010, 06:55 PM
He loves basketball to much. Kobe won't retire with gas left in the tank. Jordan retired young the first time because his personal life was in termoil after his father got murdered. Nothing like that has happened to Kobe.

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 07:00 PM

I know in the back of your head, the real reason for this thread is the Heat.

CowboysKB24
08-26-2010, 07:01 PM
If he gets a sixth ring, he is going right after Jordan. Why wouldn't he? I mean really?

Klivlend
08-26-2010, 07:02 PM
I know in the back of your head, the real reason for this thread is the Heat.

The combination of your post and that picture of Sasha just cracked me up. Don't know what it is, but his expression in that pic matched the tone that I read your post in my head.

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 07:04 PM
The combination of your post and that picture of Sasha just cracked me up. Don't know what it is, but his expression in that pic matched the tone that I read your post in my head.

Wow, I know what you mean. I just read my post while staring at my sig. :laugh2:

DeyAce
08-26-2010, 07:06 PM
hell no.

x2

greek miami hea
08-26-2010, 07:10 PM
obviously...no

lakers4sho
08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
In other news...this is officially the worst thread of all time.

dc5jdm
08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
mmm you really dont wanna wait till kobe retires so you can get your second title,
be patient its only about 4 more years.

_KB24_
08-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Kobe will only retire when he has surpassed the greatest of all time......Mike James :cool:

lakers4sho
08-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Kobe will only retire when he has surpassed the greatest of all time......Mike James :cool:

MJ will never be surpassed. Shame on you.

JordansBulls
08-26-2010, 07:22 PM
ok, this thread has gone sour pretty quickly.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2010, 07:43 PM
at the very least, he will play out his deal, so no