PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo's Kelly Dwyer C Rankings (Big Z's Turn)

Swashcuff
08-26-2010, 01:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ranking-the-centers-30-through-21?urn=nba-265324#remaining-content

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ranking-the-centers-21-through-11?urn=nba-265420

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ranking-the-centers-11-through-1?urn=nba-265548#remaining-content

Swashcuff
08-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Could you guys imagine that this tool ranks Kendrick 29th? Sigh

nuggetsyankees
08-26-2010, 02:02 PM
he's gonna miss over a month of the season and he has 2 skillful replacements...it's based on how much a player means to a team not how skilled they are and Perk isn't gonna have an immediate impact even when he recovers from injury

Sadds The Gr8
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Miller, Dalembert, MCGEE, R. Lopez over Perkins? I lost all credibility for this douche...

VinceCarter
08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Miller, Dalembert, MCGEE, R. Lopez over Perkins? I lost all credibility for this douche...

Read the post right before yours.....

Hellcrooner
08-26-2010, 02:11 PM
perkins is right now injured for a ong time, so he shouldnt even be ranked. when he ocmes back he belongs somwhere in the 8 to 20 range

mikantsass
08-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Big Z with hair in some of those!

save the knicks
08-26-2010, 02:22 PM
In looking at all this guys ratings it seems like he fails to follow any sort of logic

Swashcuff
08-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Because a man is injured he shouldn't be ranked?

I have a hard time understanding that logic. So if Kevin Durant was to tear his ACL would you guys say he isn't deserving of being called a top 10 SF because you are not sure how he would return from his injury? Maybe its just me but I don't understand that logic. Injuries is a part of sports so of course some players are going to suffer from them but does it really mean that their potential, talent and what they have proven should be ignored just because of it?

davids22
08-26-2010, 02:26 PM
As long as Dwight is #1 and Bogut is #2 then I could care less about the rest.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Perk belongs about 10 spots higher, no more. Sorry, if he was on a crappy team, most of you wouldn't even know his name

edison_yia
08-26-2010, 02:35 PM
yao is top five!!!!!!!!!!

lavilevi23
08-26-2010, 02:40 PM
why is Brad miller on this list>? wow....

DoJoTheSlasher
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Kelly Dwyer is an idiot. Simple as that.

Sadds The Gr8
08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
he's gonna miss over a month of the season and he has 2 skillful replacements...it's based on how much a player means to a team not how skilled they are and Perk isn't gonna have an immediate impact even when he recovers from injury

Read the post right before yours.....

Ok using that logic, Wall, Turner, Griffin, Cousins don't deserve to be on any lists because they haven't done jack **** yet.

Avenged
08-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Because a man is injured he shouldn't be ranked?

I have a hard time understanding that logic. So if Kevin Durant was to tear his ACL would you guys say he isn't deserving of being called a top 10 SF because you are not sure how he would return from his injury? Maybe its just me but I don't understand that logic. Injuries is a part of sports so of course some players are going to suffer from them but does it really mean that their potential, talent and what they have proven should be ignored just because of it?

His rankings are based on production for the 2010-11 season. It doesn't necessarily mean some of these guys are top 30 or so talent wise.

asandhu23
08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
lol at robin lopez pic

Bob_at_york
08-26-2010, 02:45 PM

When I read his reasoning, I agreed with it. Then when I saw a couple of the names in front of him... I scratched my head. Definitely with his reasoning Perk deserves to be in the #24-27 range.

Swashcuff
08-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Ok using that logic, Wall, Turner, Griffin, Cousins don't deserve to be on any lists because they haven't done jack **** yet.

exactly

Baller1
08-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Perkins is top 10 when healthy. My first thought when I saw him at 29 was "what the ****"!

Swashcuff
08-26-2010, 02:53 PM

And Tyson Chandler is going to have more of an impact than him? Brad Miller is going to have more of an impact? C'mon the reasoning is assinine. No matter if he misses half the season he's going to be worth more to his team than Chandler and Miller would to thiers.

Bob_at_york
08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
And Tyson Chandler is going to have more of an impact than him? Brad Miller is going to have more of an impact? C'mon the reasoning is assinine. No matter if he misses half the season he's going to be worth more to his team than Chandler and Miller would to thiers.

If Yao has another injury, Miller will be very valuable.

Swashcuff
08-26-2010, 03:20 PM
If Yao has another injury, Miller will be very valuable.

How much more is this version of Brad Miller going to bring to the table than Jordan Hill and Chuck Hayes? Sure he's a C and has more size than the other two mentioned but in no way shape or form is this version of Brad Miller more valuable to any team than Kendrick Perkins is.

Bob_at_york
08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
How much more is this version of Brad Miller going to bring to the table than Jordan Hill and Chuck Hayes? Sure he's a C and has more size than the other two mentioned but in no way shape or form is this version of Brad Miller more valuable to any team than Kendrick Perkins is.

i think Brad is much better offensively and his passing skills will help the team offensively. Perk's minutes might come slowly and with JO and Shaq on the team, Perk might not be asked to play as many minutes as he did in previous seasons.

BOSTON617
08-26-2010, 03:34 PM

this what a ****in joke

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 03:36 PM
This guys is an idiot. All his rankings are terrible. Perkins at 29 is unreasonable and he has people ranked higher than him when they really shouldn't.

Swashcuff
08-26-2010, 03:39 PM
i think Brad is much better offensively and his passing skills will help the team offensively. Perk's minutes might come slowly and with JO and Shaq on the team, Perk might not be asked to play as many minutes as he did in previous seasons.

Can't disagree with anything you said there but you can't argue that Miller is more valuable to his team at this point than Perk is to his. Look at Boston's performance's without him in the starting line-up. Thier D is way more stellar with him than without him, his presence alone trumps Miller's touch and scoring ability. Yes he will see a decline in minutes but that doesn't go to say that he will not still be relied on as 1 of the anchors of their D.

In you opinion which will help their respective teams more Miller's overall offensive or Perk's D and rebounding?

beasted86
08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Perkins 29th? Robin Lopez over Dalembert? Chandler ranked?

BOSTON617
08-26-2010, 03:43 PM
im not saying perkin should be # 3 or anything but he should be atleast 15-10 that is being nice saying 15 lol how the **** is jermain oneal illgaskis ranked higher then perk lol im sorry this **** is ********

sep11ie
08-26-2010, 03:44 PM
As long as Dwight is #1 and Bogut is #2 then I could care less about the rest.

Yao

BOSTON617
and its sad when not only celtic fans are saying it but laker and heat fans are to lol what a great rankings he actually moved up a spot from last year that is crazy

tredigs

They will be healthy going into the season...

29. Kendrick Perkins(notes), Boston Celtics (last year: 25th)
"If Perk were healthy to start the season - if we thought we'd see him at full strength at any time between now and the end of the 2010 calendar year - he'd be way up this list. As it stands, though we assume he's a dogged rehab freak, burly centers have the hardest time recovering from ACL tears. So while Perkins might be back by late December, it'll take a little while after that for him to round into shape. Thus, the low ranking."

Can some of you really not get this?

The rankings makes sense. Read, understand... Perkins is a very solid defensive C, but he won't be playing for months, and when he comes back he's going to be limited for quite some time. It's almost a slap in the face to the other healthy Centers that he's even on the list at all.

Bob_at_york
08-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Can't disagree with anything you said there but you can't argue that Miller is more valuable to his team at this point than Perk is to his. Look at Boston's performance's without him in the starting line-up. Thier D is way more stellar with him than without him, his presence alone trumps Miller's touch and scoring ability. Yes he will see a decline in minutes but that doesn't go to say that he will not still be relied on as 1 of the anchors of their D.

In you opinion which will help their respective teams more Miller's overall offensive or Perk's D and rebounding?

As old as JO is, I think he will provide a lot of what Perk has been providing and could lead the Celtics to not rush Perkins back. If Perkins misses a third of the season and then comes back and plays 20 mpg (I know that sounds like a small amount but if everyone is healthy it is possible) then yes, I think Miller's 32 mpg could be more valuable to his team this season. Seriously if a guy misses a third of the season and still gets put in the top 30 for his position, I think that is great.

After saying all that, I think Perk should be ranked 3-5 spots earlier even with him missing a third of the season.

BOSTON617
08-26-2010, 03:48 PM
hello blake griffin is coming off an injury as well he got love if oden is on this list there is problems lol

Bob_at_york
08-26-2010, 03:55 PM
hello blake griffin is coming off an injury as well he got love if oden is on this list there is problems lol

Are Oden and Griffin not going to be ready for the beginning of the season? There is a big difference in coming off an injury and missing the first two months of the season.

tredigs
08-26-2010, 03:57 PM
After saying all that, I think Perk should be ranked 3-5 spots earlier even with him missing a third of the season.

Maybe, but we're talking ACL tear/surgery here that he won't be returning from until the season is nearing the all star break. Players rarely ever come back the same from those, period. And the same year? Never the same. It probably won't be until the 2011/2012 season before he's firing on all cylinders.

#1: They're going to be ready to start the season, Perkins will be out for months.
#2: They broke bones, they didn't tear their friggin' ACL (I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong)
#3: Right out of the gate, those two have the potential to be more impactful players than Perkins next season (especially considering they have a 3 month head start on playing time).

Oden will obviously be arguable and highly speculative no matter where he ends up, but at least he will be near game ready to start the season. I don't think you are grasping just how terrible ACL tears/surgery can be - especially if you're expecting him to produce at a high level THIS season. His lateral quickness and hops are going to be strugglin' bad.

edit: These rankings are all about speculation on how they will do next season, now what they have done. No need to be freaking out, just one dudes rankings.

BOSTON617
08-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Are Oden and Griffin not going to be ready for the beginning of the season? There is a big difference in coming off an injury and missing the first two months of the season.

actually ive been reading reports that oden has been stuggling and isnt 100 % and griffin isnt prob 100 % either but thats fine all im saying in perkins deserves more respect and if he was a laker i would be saying the same thing.... 29 like come on guy there only like 7 elite centers in the league perkins isnt elite on off but on d dudes a beast deserve to be in top 15 that is my arguemnt and we will see how psd voters put him!!!!! :facepalm:

BOSTON617
08-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Maybe, but we're talking ACL tear/surgery here that he won't be returning from until the season is nearing the all star break. Players rarely ever come back the same from those, period. And the same year? Never the same. It probably won't be until the 2011/2012 season before he's firing on all cylinders.

#1: They're going to be ready to start the season, Perkins will be out for months.
#2: They broke bones, they didn't tear their friggin' ACL (I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong)
#3: Right out of the gate, those two have the potential to be more impactful players than Perkins next season (especially considering they have a 3 month head start on playing time).

Oden will obviously be arguable and highly speculative no matter where he ends up, but at least he will be near game ready to start the season. I don't think you are grasping just how terrible ACL tears/surgery can be - especially if you're expecting him to produce at a high level THIS season. His lateral quickness and hops are going to be strugglin' bad.

no i understand lol i had tom brady im just saying in general he doesnt need to be 29 like 15 is good enough he will play an impact later in the season he is humble and isnt a show off i respect perk and he had an injury before hand as well and came back better after it oden shattered his ****in knee guy

abe_froman
08-26-2010, 04:58 PM
yao is top five!!!!!!!!!!

he's 11th..for now.because it will take some time getting back into the rhythm of things,he's out of the top 5(where the writer says he'll be when he gets acclimated again)

21-11:
21)Kristic
20)Collison
19)Haywood
18)Bargnani
17)O'Neal
16)Hibbert
15)Camby
14)Varejao
13)Okafor
12)Lee
11)Ming

Swashcuff
08-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Ok so 20-11 is up and I must say its HORRIBLE. Yao Ming at 11? I mean what the ****

Wade>You
08-26-2010, 10:37 PM
LoL Miami Heat doesn't have a ranked Center.

BOSTON617
08-27-2010, 03:20 PM
lol these center ranking are horrible yao haywood should be top 10 okafor ahead of haywood ya ok illgaskiss a top 10 center man lol nick collison ahead of j.o and perkins i think this person got it confused

Bob_at_york
08-27-2010, 03:25 PM
I couldn't believe Collison was ranked so high. Same for Varejao.

Has 10-1 been released yet?

Swashcuff
08-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I couldn't believe Collison was ranked so high. Same for Varejao.

Has 10-1 been released yet?

its up now

SugeKnight
08-28-2010, 05:58 AM
made a stupid list just to be controversial. got the top 2 right tho

KnicksorBust
08-28-2010, 10:10 AM
perkins is right now injured for a ong time, so he shouldnt even be ranked. when he ocmes back he belongs somwhere in the 8 to 20 range

Yeah when Perkins is healthy he is definately between somewhere #3 and #46 on my Center rankings.

lakers4sho
08-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Perkins and Okur should be ranked higher...

Enemey
08-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Andrew Bynum top 5 Center