PDA

View Full Version : Police: JR Smith involed in altercation at Nuggets practice facility

spreadeagle
08-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Denver Nuggets shooting guard J.R. Smith was involved in an altercation at the team's practice facility on Aug. 13, when police arrived after a player not associated with the Nuggets claimed to have been attacked by the mercurial 24-year-old.

After numerous sources told FanHouse of the incident, the Denver Police Department confirmed it on Wednesday afternoon.

"We did have a report of an altercation that took place at the Denver Nuggets' practice facility," Detective John White of the Denver Police Department told FanHouse by phone. "That case was investigated and ultimately presented to the district attorney's office. ... Ultimately, the district attorney's office, after being presented with the findings by the Denver Police Department, decided not to pursue charges.

"We were called to that location about an incident possibly involving Mr. Smith. When we got there, the officers conducted their investigation. It did involve Mr. Smith."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/25/police-j-r-smith-involved-in-altercation-at-nuggets-practice-f/

No charges but im sure this is what lead to him being on the block as of late..Phil Jackson might be the best thing for this guy,he can work with anybody

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 02:32 AM
Lakers don't want anything to do with this punk.

spreadeagle
08-26-2010, 02:33 AM

You guys already got Sasha and Artest..whats one more trouble maker lol

Avenged
08-26-2010, 02:35 AM
It says he had nothing to do with it. :shrug:

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 02:35 AM
You guys already got Sasha and Artest..whats one more trouble maker lol

He is not just a trouble maker, he is a punk. Sasha is not a trouble maker, he is just annoying.

spreadeagle
08-26-2010, 02:40 AM
It says he had nothing to do with it. :shrug:

It says there was an altercation but no charges were filed,which mean's the other guy didn't want to bother to take him to court.

Avenged
08-26-2010, 02:44 AM
It says there was an altercation but no charges were filed,which mean's the other guy didn't want to bother to take him to court.

I was referring to the last paragraph but now I see I read it too fast, you're right. :laugh2:

spreadeagle
08-26-2010, 02:47 AM
I was referring to the last paragraph but now I see I read it too fast, you're right. :laugh2:

When you posted that I was like crap did the last line say not involve Mr Smith...that would have been a fail:D

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-26-2010, 05:02 AM
Hope J.R didn't have to deal with popcorn again.

SouljahPhil...
08-26-2010, 05:31 AM
I'll take him sasha and a 2nd rounder...

Phil-Kobe-Ron can hold him...

Antipod
08-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Is this the reason why they wanna trade him? :)

LTBaByyy
08-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Hes only 24!!!!! Dang, only if he was a good morale player he couldve been something real good instead of a spark of the bench

thats what happens when you go to a professional sport a month after prom

Boston Fanatic
08-26-2010, 06:05 AM
first of all jr smith is obviously an idiot who never got his head out of the hood even though he has a skill set that gave him a chance that millions dream of

second of all HE IS ONLY 24!!!!! wtf if he got his head out of the gutter the nuggets would be near lights out...i would love this guy on the celtics. he is an incredibly talented basketball player especially when it comes to shooting and i respect that fact that he takes shots without regard to the last miss or make however there are only a few other teams besides the celtics who could deal with this guy...actually we might be the only team because our savvy veterans who all offer different types of gameplay and background hopefully he keeps doing silly things like this and he becomes cheaper for the celtics .....dare i say rasheed wallaces expiring contract???? lol

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 07:10 AM
I wonder who else was involved...?

TheTakeOver24
08-26-2010, 08:30 AM
At least he was at the facility... thats more than a lot of other players can say.

DerekRE_3
08-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Man, if JR Smith just had one full year of Larry Brown coaching....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-26-2010, 11:08 AM

who askeD?

save the knicks
08-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Since when is a fight in practice a big deal? This ish happens all the time not like he was driving drunk or sipping sizzurp or smoking weed or doing steroids or snorting coke. Things get heated some times and it sounds like the Nuggets handled this the complete wrong way. No doubt in my mind that if George Karl was there this wouldnt have happened

spreadeagle
08-26-2010, 12:00 PM
who askeD?

Well I figured Phil Jackson or Larry Brown are two coaches that might be able to work with him..But didnt he have George Karl who is a real players coach

spreadeagle
08-26-2010, 12:05 PM
I wonder who else was involved...?

I couldn't figure out if it was another Nuggets player...or like a random D league player

theanswer418
08-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Since when is a fight in practice a big deal? This ish happens all the time not like he was driving drunk or sipping sizzurp or smoking weed or doing steroids or snorting coke. Things get heated some times and it sounds like the Nuggets handled this the complete wrong way. No doubt in my mind that if George Karl was there this wouldnt have happened

Agreed , how many times in the nba have we seen somebody play someone physical and agressive and that leaves to pushing and alterications? Its just competing , tempers flare sometimes . Get off this man dick

championships
08-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Agreed , how many times in the nba have we seen somebody play someone physical and agressive and that leaves to pushing and alterications? Its just competing , tempers flare sometimes . Get off this man dick

How often are the cops involved in something like that? There's more to the story than that... C'mon man

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 12:41 PM
who askeD?

The OP suggested Phil could coach JR. While I don't doubt it, JR will never come to the Lakers from the Nuggets and we already have a deep bench.

nuggetsyankees
08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
basically, what happened was they were practicing drills and the guy that guarded JR was playing physical, so JR would try harder and improve, but JR took it the wrong way and got really frustrated. He then choked the guy guarding him and now he may be in trouble

nanablvd
08-26-2010, 12:56 PM
A fine player that needs anger management training

thescore53
08-26-2010, 01:00 PM

and u know this how ?

Antipod
08-26-2010, 01:18 PM
A fine player that needs anger management training

Smb call Dr. Buddy Rydell :D

spreadeagle
08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
basically, what happened was they were practicing drills and the guy that guarded JR was playing physical, so JR would try harder and improve, but JR took it the wrong way and got really frustrated. He then choked the guy guarding him and now he may be in trouble

oh lol choke eh? crazy mang

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 03:35 PM
and u know this how ?

Would you want JR Smith if you were a contender, knowing how he is on the court and off the court?

Kakaroach
08-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I wonder if this sudden outburst of anger has anything to do with the fact he is on the trading block?

Tony_Starks
08-26-2010, 04:19 PM
I think JR Rider is JR Smith's mentor......

junion
08-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Hes only 24!!!!! Dang, only if he was a good morale player he couldve been something real good instead of a spark of the bench

thats what happens when you go to a professional sport a month after prom

dwight howard
andrew bynum
kobe bryant
kevin garnett
tracy mcgrady
lebron james
amare stoudemire
al jefferson
shawn kemp

with your logic, you can also say "that's what happens when you go to a professional sport a month after prom" about these guys too.

Sixerlover
08-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Don't be to enamored with his age, at the end of the day he is going into his 7th year in the NBA. If he is still an immature, chucker after 6 years in the league it doesn't matter if he is 18. That's the way he'll always play he just doesn't get it.

Anyone wanna trade for Ricky Davis?

nuggetsyankees
08-26-2010, 04:44 PM
I wonder if this sudden outburst of anger has anything to do with the fact he is on the trading block?

this occured before he was on the block

theanswer418
08-26-2010, 06:54 PM
C'mon people its sports , competitive people tempares flare . This is no diffrent from any alterication in the NBA

The Raven
08-26-2010, 07:09 PM
failure

PraiseJesus
08-26-2010, 07:13 PM

I think it's funny u try to speak for all Lakers fans and the organization.

Personally I would take JR Smith right now.

I would bet $50 that Kobe would want Smith also.

Chacarron
08-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I think it's funny u try to speak for all Lakers fans and the organization.

Personally I would take JR Smith right now.

I would bet $50 that Kobe would want Smith also.

Wow, the guy that gave up on the Lakers after the game 2 loss in the Finals is back.