PDA

View Full Version : What Team Has the Best Front Court Rotation?

LTBaByyy
08-25-2010, 09:38 PM
SF, PF, C, and 2 bench players

Off the top of my head I think it has to be one of these:

Lakers: Artest, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Ratliff

Mavs: Butler, Dirk, Haywood, Marion, Chandler

Celtics: Pierce, KG, Shaq, JO, Big Baby (Perkins is hurt so didnt include him)

Heat: James, Bosh, Anthony, Haslem, Big Z

Magic: Peitrus, Lewis, Howard, Bass, Gortat

Bulls: Deng, Boozer, Noah, Taj, Thomas

Rockets: Battier, Scola, Yao, Patterson/Hill, Miller

Suprise Pick Kings: Casspri, Landry, Cousins, Dalembert, Jason Thompson

who yall got???

Jewelz0376
08-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Lakers without a doubt....anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves..

Artest
Bynum
Gasol
Odom

The 5th guy doesnt even matter cause they're the best just with those 4

lakers4sho
08-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Lakers hands down. Most skilled big man, top 5 Center, top 10 PF and SF, and serviceable big.

TylerSL
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
ima say Celtics, I wouldnt bet against
Perkins (I know hes hurt, but when he is health damn, they are gonna be beasts)
Shaq
KG
JO
Davis
Peirce

The Lakers are good, but the Celtics are too physical

The_Jamal
08-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Rofl since when is bynum a Top 5 C

ChiSox219
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Magic
Bulls

goku
08-25-2010, 09:56 PM
lakers, mavs, celtics, rockets have a decent one too

_KB24_
08-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Lakers & Celtics are two SCARY front courts. Who the hell would ever think that these lineups would ever be possible!!!!

topdog
08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Is this even a question? LAKERS

Jewelz0376
08-25-2010, 09:57 PM

Name 5 centers better

1) d12
2) Yao
3) Bogut

Thats the only 3 that are better...please dont say Kaman either...If you want to count Duncan as a C fine thats still only 4..and even Bogut to me is a stretch cuz I think Bynum would put up 20+ and 10+ on the Bucks easy

TheTakeOver24
08-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Lakers + Celtics

goblazers7
08-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Homer Pick

PORTLAND

PF:Aldridge, Camby
C:Oden, Pryzbilla

non homer pick

magic

Rashard lewis brandon bass
d12 gortat

godolphins
08-25-2010, 10:01 PM
The Lakers without a doubt, #2 is the Celtics

Raidaz4Life
08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
When healthy you have to go with the Lakers. The Celtics is extremely impressive but a little too old.

Wade>You
08-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Best "rotation?" I'd go with Boston. Those guys have abuot 18 strong fouls at the Center position alone.

n83417
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM

And since when are Odom and Artest top 10 PF/SF. Top 25-30 maybe.

The_Jamal
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Name 5 centers better

1) d12
2) Yao
3) Bogut

Thats the only 3 that are better...please dont say Kaman either...If you want to count Duncan as a C fine thats still only 4..and even Bogut to me is a stretch cuz I think Bynum would put up 20+ and 10+ on the Bucks easy

Lakers homers aside no one thinks Bynum sniffs the top 5

In no partiuclar order, C's better than Bynum
Dwight
Bogut
Yao
Al Jeff
Noah
Duncan
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Nene
Kaman(Yes, Kamans better)

I cant believe how overrated Bynum is, it's not even funny

n83417
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Name 5 centers better

1) d12
2) Yao
3) Bogut

I don't. Skill wise, still very raw (offensively). He showed this year that he benefits from playing alongside some really good players.

mohye
08-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Al Jeff
Noah
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Nene

If the Lakers called any of these respective teams and offered Bynum straight up for any of these C's the other gm would jizz in his pants and accept the offer. No homerism here Bynum is a more talented C then any of these guys. If he wasnt a 3rd or 4th option his #s would be a lot better.

And Duncan is a pf not a C

Tony_Starks
08-25-2010, 10:13 PM
People sleepin on Utah and Denver

Utah
Okur
AK47
Al Jefferson
Milsap

Denver
Nene
Birdman
Melo
K Mart
Al Harrington

Also if Sam Bowie... I mean Greg Oden could stay relatively healthy Portland would have a nice crop of bigs with

Oden
Aldridge
Camby
Batum

Supreme LA
08-25-2010, 10:19 PM

How is he not a top 5 center??? Name 5 centers that are better please. Stick to baseball man. :facepalm:

97NYer
08-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Lakers w/o a doubt.

Tony_Starks
08-25-2010, 10:22 PM

Dwight
Bogut
Yao
Al Jeff
Noah
Duncan
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Nene

Half of those players aren't even Centers but nice try. As for the legit centers on that list ask yourself a question: how many of them are 4th option on their team and still putting up at least 15 and 9?

dont worry, I'll wait........

Jewelz0376
08-25-2010, 10:24 PM

Dwight
Bogut
Yao
Al Jeff
Noah
Duncan
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Nene

Noah, Lopez, and Kaman are not better than Bynum

Nene and Marc Gasol?? Is that joke?? :laugh:

Jewelz0376
08-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Al Jeff
Noah
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Nene

If the Lakers called any of these respective teams and offered Bynum straight up for any of these C's the other gm would jizz in his pants and accept the offer. No homerism here Bynum is a more talented C then any of these guys. If he wasnt a 3rd or 4th option his #s would be a lot better.

Noah has no offensive game at all sorry...Marc Gasol and Nene wtf are you talkin about man?? ... The only reason why any of those teams wouldn't trade for Bynum is cause of his injury history...but when healthy he's def better than all those guys..

dwadefan03
08-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Noah has no offensive game at all sorry...Marc Gasol and Nene wtf are you talkin about man?? ... The only reason why any of those teams wouldn't trade for Bynum is cause of his injury history...but when healthy he's def better than all those guys..

Definately not nene and noah but Marc Gasol is definately better than bynum, so is lopez

dwadefan03
08-25-2010, 10:33 PM

Dwight
Bogut
Yao
Al Jeff
Noah
Duncan
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Nene

cmon seriously.....yknow thats a stretch

LTBaByyy
08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Can we stay on topic? haha Who cares if hes a top 5 center or not, they all make millions lol

TheGsw
08-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Lakers

Bruno
08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
ima say Celtics, I wouldnt bet against
Perkins (I know hes hurt, but when he is health damn, they are gonna be beasts)
Shaq
KG
JO
Davis
Peirce

The Lakers are good, but the Celtics are too physical

The C's front line is so big and tough. I really don't think the Heat get past them in the playoffs this year. If all these bigs are healthy, they PACK THE PAINT and turn Wade and James into jump shooters, and Bosh will get pushed around.

IDB Josh M
08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Lakers and Celtics have two scary front lines. And the "better" one depends on which one is having a good day or bad day on any given night.
Lakers: Pau, Bynum, Artest, Lamar, Barnes, Ratliff
Celtics: Shaq, KG, Pierce, Perk, J O Neal, Davis

Chacarron
08-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Bynum, Gasol, Artest, Odom, Barnes.

The_Jamal
08-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Half of those players aren't even Centers but nice try. As for the legit centers on that list ask yourself a question: how many of them are 4th option on their team and still putting up at least 15 and 9?

dont worry, I'll wait........

Legit Centers? they all play center, so not sure what a "legit" center is. All of them actually, because Bynum only gets those numbers because of all the attention Kobe, Pau, Odom, get. If u would get out of blind homerism, every single ceter on that list is more talented than Bynum

The_Jamal
08-25-2010, 11:09 PM
How is he not a top 5 center??? Name 5 centers that are better please. Stick to baseball man. :facepalm:

I named 10 already

The_Jamal
08-25-2010, 11:12 PM

Lol and Bynum does? Sure he's a massive body and a pretty good defensive force, but he's **** on offense, prolly a step above Okafor on the offensive end.

Avenged
08-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Lol and Bynum does? Sure he's a massive body and a pretty good defensive force, but he's **** on offense, prolly a step above Okafor on the offensive end.

I'm assuming you haven't seen Bynum play much but he has a nice post game and ranks 7 among dunks. His offense is there. He averaged 15 points on 57% shooting as 3/4 scoring option.

dodie53
08-25-2010, 11:19 PM
1. lakers
2. celtics

Swashcuff
08-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Why haven't the Kings gotten any honorable mentions.

Potentially they have arguably the most powerful frontcourt in the NBA

Cousins, Whiteside, Dalembert, Thompson, Landry, and if we are including SFs Omri Casspi and Donte Greene. I mean while there are not stars players there they certainly are capable of banging in the paint with any of the teams mentioned. Not the best but worth a mention.

heathonater
08-25-2010, 11:33 PM
alot of this depends on health from some players coming back from major injuries, but pryzbilla, oden, aldridge, camby, and batum could be a real nice frontcourt.

Meriweather31
08-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Starters? Lakers.
Rotation? Celtics.

No doubt the Gasol/Bynum/Artest combination is lethal.
But the Shaq, Perk, Pierce, Jermaine, Davis and KG is just NASTYY

Tony_Starks
08-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Legit Centers? they all play center, so not sure what a "legit" center is. All of them actually, because Bynum only gets those numbers because of all the attention Kobe, Pau, Odom, get. If u would get out of blind homerism, every single ceter on that list is more talented than Bynum

This may come as a shock to you but just because someone plays center occasionally doesn't make them a center. If I choose to play Carlos Boozer at Center does that make him one? Amare at times plays center but he isn't. Duncan never even was a center, he's listed at power forward... has been his entire career.... just a tip.

To your second point, if Bynum didn't have all those players ahead of him it would mean more PT= more shot attempts= more scoring= better numbers, so that argument is invalid as well. Kenderick Perkins is in the same predicament with the so called "big 4" getting all the attention and managed to score a whopping 10 pts last year........ 5 less than Bynum.

JnasD
08-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Lakers and Mavericks

YankeesNets11
08-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Lakers, Celtics are a close second though.

jackdawson
08-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Lakers front court is younger and more talented atm but Celtics definitely have the most intimidating and the best front-court combination in the league. Let's look at it.

1. Pierce vs Artest
2. KG vs Gasol
3. Perkins vs Bynum
4. JO vs Odom
5. Shaq vs ???
6. Davis vs ???

Mr.Nate30
08-26-2010, 12:04 AM
This is a little Homer but
Spurs
Jefferson
Duncan/Blair
Splitter/Mcdyess/Bonner

LTBaByyy
08-26-2010, 12:08 AM
This is a little Homer but
Spurs
Jefferson
Duncan/Blair
Splitter/Mcdyess/Bonner

:facepalm:

TDOLL03
08-26-2010, 12:13 AM
The New Jersey Nets have a pretty good rotation now with Murphy and Favors on the squad. Not saying its THE BEST. But they're pretty talented though. :D

Brook Lopez, Troy Murphy, Travis Outlaw, Derrick Favors, T-Will/Damion James :clap:

Mr.Nate30
08-26-2010, 12:17 AM
:facepalm:

not the best forgot to put that in there but one of the top

Duncan is duncan
Splitter best C to play out of NBA
Blair is a complete rebounding beast
Mcdyess will go out there and get 6 points and 6 rbs atleast
Bonner can get red hot some days

DerekRE_3
08-26-2010, 01:20 AM

Cousins, Whiteside, Dalembert, Thompson, Landry, and if we are including SFs Omri Casspi and Donte Greene. I mean while there are not stars players there they certainly are capable of banging in the paint with any of the teams mentioned. Not the best but worth a mention.

For now the Kings are mostly upside. Whiteside and Cousins haven't played a game yet so they are question marks, especially Whiteside. I do think that Cousins has franchise center potential though. Landry is pretty underrated and a very efficient scorer. Thompson...frustrates me but has nice skills and size for a PF. Dalembert can hopefully upgrade our interior defense and rebounding. Casspi has nice length at SF at 6'9 and Donte Greene decided to keep growing, so he's now a 7 foot tall SG/SF.

mohye
08-26-2010, 01:22 AM

I was replying to the guy that was saying bynum is not a top 5 center. I was saying how all those teams would trade for bynum in a second. I think u misunderstood my post buddy..

LTBaByyy
08-26-2010, 01:54 AM

I put them in my opening post??

DoJoTheSlasher
08-26-2010, 01:56 AM
not the best forgot to put that in there but one of the top

Duncan is duncan
Splitter best C to play out of NBA
Blair is a complete rebounding beast
Mcdyess will go out there and get 6 points and 6 rbs atleast
Bonner can get red hot some days

Dirk
Marion
Haywood
Chandler
Thomas

is better by the way

And Splitter will be nice but he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet.

I can't wait for the Roddy Beaubois vs Tiago Splitter arguments the next 10 years.

DoJoTheSlasher
08-26-2010, 01:59 AM

Dwight Howard
Andrew Bynum
Brook Lopez (maybe)
Chris Kaman (maybe)

Who else is better? Duncan is a PF so not him.

ntat
08-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Al Jeff
Noah
Brook Lopez
Marc Gasol
Nene

i wouldnt do that in a million years.

mohye
08-26-2010, 02:36 AM
i wouldnt do that in a million years.

Exactly. I was trying to prove to the moron who posted those players were better then Bynum that he was obviously wrong....Im a Laker fan and I would only trade Bynum if it meant us getting back someone of the likes of Melo and maybe CPaul but not sure if id trade him for Paul

zambo4president
08-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Boston when healthy, then LA, then Chicago, Dallas, Orlando.

SouljahPhil...
08-26-2010, 02:51 AM

Try to watch some laker games before calling bynum **** on offense dude... He has good handles and more post moves than Dwight howard...lol..

Plus Bynum's problem is more on the defensive than the offensive side..He's tyming on blocking shots is sometimes late and hes average for blocks is quite low for a C..

SouljahPhil...
08-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Lakers front court is younger and more talented atm but Celtics definitely have the most intimidating and the best front-court combination in the league. Let's look at it.

1. Pierce vs Artest
2. KG vs Gasol
3. Perkins vs Bynum
4. JO vs Odom
5. Shaq vs ???
6. Davis vs ???

just 2 add...
Barnes vs???
Watch out for Caracter...we also got Ratliff...
Why do you want to compare the 2? last time I checked the frontcourt is also composed of a SF...Plus after pierce who is the C's Back up? so its moot since only 3 players plays for the frontcourt..C's may have better back up C but LA has a better back up at SF and and PF.

Jewelz0376
08-26-2010, 03:29 AM
I was replying to the guy that was saying bynum is not a top 5 center. I was saying how all those teams would trade for bynum in a second. I think u misunderstood my post buddy..

Yea now that I go back and read your post I don't know how I read that wrong lol..my fault :facepalm:

abe_froman
08-26-2010, 04:50 AM
lakers or c's

Minimal
08-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Boston and Orlando

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm really surprised at the lack of love the Blazers are getting.

Oden, Aldridge, Camby and Pryzbilla ate the 4 & 5. That's real solid.

I'd go with the Lakers overall though.

BOSTON617
08-26-2010, 08:05 AM
celtics with out a doubt!!!!!!

avrpatsfan
08-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Lakers or Heat.

REALLYYYYY?
08-26-2010, 08:42 AM
bulls

stejay
08-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Definately between the Lakers, Celtics and the Heat, with the Lakers taking it IMO

MFFL==FML
08-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Name 5 centers better

1) d12
2) Yao
3) Bogut

Kaman is definitely a better center than Bynum. Not only that, Brook Lopez is the 3rd best center in the game today.

fresh prince
08-26-2010, 02:00 PM

WTF? Have you ever seen Bynum play?

-Great Hands
- Soft touch
- Nice Footwork
- Can finish with both hands
- Keeps the ball high to maximize his height
- Consistent spot up 10 -12 foot jumper (added last year)

I dont like Bynum all that much but his offensive game (because of effort) is far better than his rebounding or defensive skills. Only because he cares more about offense. (Which is exactly what I dont like about him)

Watch some tape or a game or 2 before you throw out comments based on false perception.

Law25
08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
WTF? Have you ever seen Bynum play?

-Great Hands
- Soft touch
- Nice Footwork
- Can finish with both hands
- Keeps the ball high to maximize his height
- Consistent spot up 10 -12 foot jumper (added last year)

I dont like Bynum all that much but his offensive game (because of effort) is far better than his rebounding or defensive skills. Only because he cares more about offense. (Which is exactly what I dont like about him)

Watch some tape or a game or 2 before you throw out comments based on false perception.

^^This. :clap:

RaiderLakersA's
08-26-2010, 02:56 PM
If all of the Celtics front court players were in their primes, there'd be no debate. At all.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Lakers currently

If healthy,
Rockets (Yao, Scola, Hill, Miller, Hayes)
Blazers (Oden, Aldridge, Camby)
Celtics (KG, Perk, Big Baby, the other 80 year olds)

Orlando isn't bad either.

RaiderLakersA's
08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
If you absolutely HAD to get a defensive stop/rebound, I think most would say either Celtics or Lakers...and everyone else a country mile in third place.

But if you absolutely had to get a score with your front court only, that opens the debate to quite a few teams. I still think the Lakers would be at or near the top of that class.

eugene
08-26-2010, 03:10 PM
should be between Celtics and Lakers...

X12Celtics3
08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I think that the Lakers are probably the best overall, although the Celtics and Heat are also pretty good.

MiamiLoyal926
08-26-2010, 04:35 PM
I think that the Lakers are probably the best overall, although the Celtics and Heat are also pretty good.

I kind of like the celtics depth in this situation. I think you get a better overall performance from the celtics front court than the lakers. Fresh legs all game. Only downfall no time to catch rhythm.

samevans7
08-26-2010, 04:42 PM
No way in the world is Bynum is a top 5 center

1. Howard
2. Amare?!
3. Bogut
3. Yao
4. Perkins (#2 defensive center in NBA)
5. Marc Gasol
6. David Lee
7. Brook Lopez
8. Joakim Noah
9. Al Jefferson
10. Al Horford
11. Kaman
12. Bynum

Klivlend
08-26-2010, 04:42 PM
This may come as a shock to you but just because someone plays center occasionally doesn't make them a center. If I choose to play Carlos Boozer at Center does that make him one? Amare at times plays center but he isn't. Duncan never even was a center, he's listed at power forward... has been his entire career.... just a tip.

To your second point, if Bynum didn't have all those players ahead of him it would mean more PT= more shot attempts= more scoring= better numbers, so that argument is invalid as well. Kenderick Perkins is in the same predicament with the so called "big 4" getting all the attention and managed to score a whopping 10 pts last year........ 5 less than Bynum.

Your argument is somewhat flawed as well. If Bynum didn't have all those players ahead of him he would get much more defensive attention from the opposing team, making it more difficult for him to contribute on the offensive end. More double teams and such. I'm not sold that Bynum could produce those numbers without all those players ahead and around him.

samevans7
08-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Celtics have the best front court, then LA.

Pierce>Artest
Gasol=KG (Gasol= most overrated player in NBA)
Perk>Bynum
Shaq/Jermaine O'Neal:Odom -jump

DeyAce
08-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Magic
Bulls

This seems right

DoJoTheSlasher
08-26-2010, 05:44 PM

1. Howard
2. Amare?!
3. Bogut
3. Yao
5. Marc Gasol
6. David Lee
7. Brook Lopez
8. Joakim Noah
9. Al Jefferson
10. Al Horford
11. Kaman
12. Bynum

2. Amare Amare is a PF and honestly, Bynum is a better player than Amare.
4. Perkins Perkins is a little better defensivley but Bynum is a better overall player.
5. Gasol MG is a good player but he doesn't have the length and defensive abilities as Bynum.
6. Lee LMAO Lee is a role player on a contending team
8. Noah Once again like Perkins, Noah is a little better defensivley but not overall.
9. Jefferson Big Al is a PF
10. Horford Al is a PF

Jewelz0376
08-26-2010, 05:57 PM

1. Howard
2. Amare?!
3. Bogut
3. Yao
5. Marc Gasol
6. David Lee
7. Brook Lopez
8. Joakim Noah
9. Al Jefferson
10. Al Horford
11. Kaman
12. Bynum

Wow is this a joke???..do you even watch basketball??
:laugh:
There is so much wrong with you ranking besides Bynum that it would take way too long for me to type out everything thats wrong there..

BKdoubleStacker
08-26-2010, 06:01 PM

Pierce>Artest
Perk>Bynum

you lose any credibility you have saying gasol is equal to kg. who the **** would take a broken down kg over gasol whos still in his prime. And only way I'd take perk over bynum is because of health. Bynum is a much more talented overall player. shaq is old and oneal is washed up.

Kefman2110
08-26-2010, 06:29 PM
1.Howard-no doubt hes number one
2.Bogut-probably the best all around pure center.
3.Yao- lets see what he has comin back from injury
4.Lopez-solid
5.Duncan-gettin older but still is top5 center material
6.Bynum-I think hes a little overhyped bein in LA but hes still pretty damn good.
7.Kaman-just gets the job done.
8.Noah-defense and hustle. if he develops any offensive game hes top 5
9.Perkins-all defense.
10.Marc Gasol- size and skill. the guy is jsut a solid center.

SouljahPhil...
08-26-2010, 06:38 PM

Pierce>Artest
Perk>Bynum

watch some basketball dude....LOL!

jobie420
08-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Best frontcourt is the blazers with Aldridge, camby, oden, przyibilla, pendergraph and babbit. But only when all are healthy if not then it would be the lakers.