PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Thread-All others merged here - Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JordansBulls
08-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Part I (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523924)

Baller1
08-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Damn, didn't think this was gonna end up going through a whole thread.

DenButsu
08-24-2010, 11:40 PM
JB, you may want to include the Nets on that poll. :cool:

G-Bay New J
08-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Word :)

VinceCarter
08-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Part I (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523924)

No Nets? :eyebrow:

nuggetsyankees
08-25-2010, 01:14 AM
wow...1001 posts in the other thread...seems like every team thinks they can get Melo

DenButsu
08-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Melo's in China right now and the Nuggets are reportedly still in negotiations to sign Griffin to their FO, so I doubt we see any big developments in the Melo situation real soon.

pippsux
08-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Here is a thought. I just looked at the Knicks roster......yikes.Nothing the Nuggets would or should want, as for my rockets, we could get him if we get the Cavs involved. Here is my proposal......

Cavs get Lowry+Battier (Lowry was signed by the Cavs until Rox matched)
Rockets get Melo
Nuggets get Jameson

Don't know if the salaries would work but, would probably involve other minor players and picks, but I think it's a win for all teams.

Martin's better
08-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Melo's in China right now and the Nuggets are reportedly still in negotiations to sign Griffin to their FO, so I doubt we see any big developments in the Melo situation real soon.

melo's in china huh. i wonder who is from china.

DenButsu
08-25-2010, 02:46 AM

About 1.3 billion people?

sintaks12
08-25-2010, 07:43 AM

Yeah... he's eating Dim Sum with Yao's parents talking about how they'll dominate this year. God I hope you were being sarcastic.

awmathewsjr
08-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Here is a thought. I just looked at the Knicks roster......yikes.Nothing the Nuggets would or should want, as for my rockets, we could get him if we get the Cavs involved. Here is my proposal......

Rockets get Melo
Nuggets get Jameson

Don't know if the salaries would work but, would probably involve other minor players and picks, but I think it's a win for all teams.

Nothing against you cause I'm a Rockets fan too, but No the salaries don't matchup and besides Jameson still has like 3 yrs left on his contract. Why would Den want that?

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 08:14 AM

Hes in China b/c hes gonna film a movie with dwight howard, the movie will be filmed in China and NY - i saw it on an espn article last night and for some reason i can't find it now

P.S Sources say Griffin turned down the Nuggets GM job (it looks like he didn't want to deal with the Melo situation)

Law25
08-25-2010, 08:15 AM
I hope this kid becomes an Knick this season. Its bout time New York becomes relivant in the NBA again and i think Melo and Stat along with Felton in Dan Antoni's offence can do that and more.

awmathewsjr
08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I hope this kid becomes an Knick this season. Its bout time New York becomes relivant in the NBA again and i think Melo and Stat along with Felton in Dan Antoni's offence can do that and more.

I hate when people say "D'Antoni's offense", has he really increased the Knicks offense and please don't say Pheonix because without Nash he would've been lost. Rick Adelman is a real offensive coach.

knicksfan42
08-25-2010, 08:48 AM
please don't say Pheonix because without Nash he would've been lost.

No he wouldn't have been, but ok. Actually a lot of people actually believe D'Antoni made Nash. I am not one of those people, however, because saying something like that is saying something which is unprovable and therefor BS, and I for one do not enjoy spouting BS.

Gators123
08-25-2010, 08:51 AM
I think hes staying with Denver :cool:

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 08:58 AM
I hate when people say "D'Antoni's offense", has he really increased the Knicks offense and please don't say Pheonix because without Nash he would've been lost. Rick Adelman is a real offensive coach.

yes he does increase offensive statistics, in the 2 years that he's been in NY the Knicks averaged 105 ppg and 102 ppg...the season before d'antoni came, the Knicks averaged 97 ppg

JLMiles14
08-25-2010, 09:01 AM

Your out of your mind man, D'Antoni's offense made Nash a 2 time MVP.

wtbaseball
08-25-2010, 09:39 AM
This is about MELO not NASH or D'ANTONI!!!!!!

Russollini
08-25-2010, 09:45 AM
First, S.A. Smith is an idiot. How can Melo choose NY over anyone at this point, and decide to go to NJ as he is not a FA. He rides the short bus to work in the morning. I think he was part of a some special hiring program for the mental impaired. Anyway, I am tired of his stupid off the cuff comments that make no sense whatsoever and he is seen as an "expert".

In FA he goes to NY, done and done. There is an issue here though, and I think the reason he is trying to get traded now. The CBA is set to expire, and if it does and they go in to a lock out, then Melo is in trouble. The cap might look different, he might not be able to make the money he wants, and truly he will be forced to sign the extension with Denver as it might be the best option financially.

If he is traded he will immediately sign an extension so that he can lock down his salary before net year. I think a trade to the Clips (serve him right to live in B-Ball Purgatory), the Rockets or Orlando.

The Clips because they have players and picks, the Rockets because they have some parts to move and space or Orlando because they may need to upgrade and they can move some people. The issue in O is I think they may need a third team as they have guys like Lewis that are overpaid and would make sense to move, but would Denver want him?

I do not think that Chi wants to trade there pieces, the Hornets have nothing left, NJ has no team lol and the Knicks flat stink and have no players anyone would want.

I think there may be a dark horse in this like Philly, the Griz or the T-Wolves. Everyone is looking to where Melo wants to play due to an extension, but there are teams that would take a chance on him hoping he will sign, or to do a sign and trade later.

JordansBulls
08-25-2010, 10:10 AM

Added

knicksfan42
08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
First, S.A. Smith is an idiot. How can Melo choose NY over anyone at this point, and decide to go to NJ as he is not a FA. He rides the short bus to work in the morning. I think he was part of a some special hiring program for the mental impaired. Anyway, I am tired of his stupid off the cuff comments that make no sense whatsoever and he is seen as an "expert".

Its not just Stephen A, Smith, its a large majority of NBA experts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-MeloFuture

awmathewsjr
08-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Your out of your mind man, D'Antoni's offense made Nash a 2 time MVP.

To the mods, I promise this is my last time getting off subject but I gotta get this recruit who is obviously an espn fan educated. After Nash left Dallas his pts per game went up by 3 per gm, his assist went down 1 per game and his shooting % stayed about the same. On the other hand D'Antoni had a .280 winning % before Nash, he had a .707 winning percentage with Nash and has had a .372 winning % since he left Nash. Now you tell me who made who?

dstruong
08-25-2010, 10:39 AM
To the mods, I promise this is my last time getting off subject but I gotta get this recruit who is obviously an espn fan educated. After Nash left Dallas his pts per game went up by 3 per gm, his assist went down 1 per game and his shooting % stayed about the same. On the other hand D'Antoni had a .280 winning % before Nash, he had a .707 winning percentage with Nash and has had a .372 winning % since he left Nash. Now you tell me who made who?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

PrettyBoyJ
08-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I want him to go to the Knicks, but it seems like Denever doesn't want to get screwed as far as getting nothing for Melo.. and the CBA may play a big part in this as well Melo might want to sign it if the max contracts go down..

wtbaseball
08-25-2010, 11:26 AM

Great point AW Knicks fans are just uneducated so you might as well give up on even trying to educated them because they come back with statements that make no sense. but way to look up the stats.

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Its not just Stephen A, Smith, its a large majority of NBA experts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-MeloFuture

Look guys, I listened to ESPN 1050 NY radio last night and they even said that the Knicks really have no chance bidding against the Rockets, they went on to say that IF Denver was to only want young talent then they are somewhat in the game but still behind the Rockets. Yes we all know that NY is more than likely his first option but they made it clear that the Knicks really don't have a chance against the Rockets or even the Nets as far as assets go. For those that think that Melo is just gonna become a free agent or get traded to a team without commiting to an extension, its very unlikely since Melo is aware that there is a pending cba.

Chill_Will_24
08-25-2010, 01:54 PM
The Nets have no team??? That's just an idiotic statement. The Nets are like the little brother to the Knicks. The little brother that was eternally overshadowed by it's big brother Knicks. Now the little brother has grown up and caught up to it's big brother. Not only that, now the big brother is getting old and washed up and has nothing but envy in it's heart because it's realizing that the little brother is better and younger. It's the little brothers turn. Move over big bro! How's that for an anology??? Ha! In a perfect world for Carmelo he would switch the Nets roster with the Knicks cuz he wants to be a Knick. Guess what? The Rockets are the team he's looking at right now. I truly wish the Magic would get him. I hate Miami and their Fake Three. If Melo teamed with D12, Miami would go down. Big Z couldn't handle D12 in CLE... What makes them think he would do any better in MIA???

JordansBulls
08-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Melo in Houston would be awesome.

Verbal Christ
08-25-2010, 04:36 PM
isnt Melo really from B-More?? i think the whole "he wants to go home" hoopla is overblown, and who the hell not named Doug Christie is going to let their wife dictate where they work? The amount Melo would save over the course of a max contract with Houston in not having to pay state income taxes is almost worth it, in and of itself, only other team that could offer that relief would be orlando (since Florida doesnt have state income taxes either) but they cant put together a worthy enough package that denver would want in return IMO (draft picks,young players,expirings,serviceable veterans hell you name it we got it)

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Look guys, I listened to ESPN 1050 NY radio last night and they even said that the Knicks really have no chance bidding against the Rockets, they went on to say that IF Denver was to only want young talent then they are somewhat in the game but still behind the Rockets. Yes we all know that NY is more than likely his first option but they made it clear that the Knicks really don't have a chance against the Rockets or even the Nets as far as assets go. For those that think that Melo is just gonna become a free agent or get traded to a team without commiting to an extension, its very unlikely since Melo is aware that there is a pending cba.

we know that we can't outbid Houston, mostly bc of our lack of draft picks.....but we don't think Carmelo wants to play in Houston bc they don't offer entertainment/endorsement possibilities for melo and his wife

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 04:47 PM
btw according to Tommy dee (he has a source) the Nets are willing to offer Brook Lopez and Devin Harris for Melo.....I don't think any team could match that package, but then the Melo wouldn't have any reliable teammates....it does seem like Melo will get traded sooner rather than later

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 04:52 PM
we know that we can't outbid Houston, mostly bc of our lack of draft picks.....but we don't think Carmelo wants to play in Houston bc they don't offer entertainment/endorsement possibilities for melo and his wife

This is going to come down to who can offer the best package, IF Melo wants his max which obviously that will be the case, then he's going to have to allow Denver to get the best package, Denver is not going to give him the max without them being able to also benefit from the deal themselves, thats the whole point of a sign and trade. Only way Carmelo goes to NY is if he just becomes a free agent and just signs there after this season. But you tell me why should he do that?

JnasD
08-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Even though i want Melo to be a Knick. When it is all said and done i see him staying with The Nuggets.

astrosmaniac
08-25-2010, 05:33 PM
you don't think the publicity in china of playing on the same team with yao is great publicity?

JordansBulls
08-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Even though i want Melo to be a Knick. When it is all said and done i see him staying with The Nuggets.

Truth be told he should.

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 06:28 PM
This is going to come down to who can offer the best package, IF Melo wants his max which obviously that will be the case, then he's going to have to allow Denver to get the best package, Denver is not going to give him the max without them being able to also benefit from the deal themselves, thats the whole point of a sign and trade. Only way Carmelo goes to NY is if he just becomes a free agent and just signs there after this season. But you tell me why should he do that?

Not true, he can tell the Nuggets front office that the only team he would sign an extension with (sign and trade) would be the Knicks - that is what the first reports indicated, that he's pretty much only interested in NY, but the latest reports conflict with the earlier reports.

If Melo tells the Nuggets that he only wants to go to NY, then they would have no option but to trade him to NY (so that the Nuggets get something in return)

dolfan720
08-25-2010, 06:40 PM

Rockets get Melo
Nuggets get Jameson

I would LOVE this!!!!!:D

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Not true, he can tell the Nuggets front office that the only team he would sign an extension with (sign and trade) would be the Knicks - that is what the first reports indicated, that he's pretty much only interested in NY, but the latest reports conflict with the earlier reports.

If Melo tells the Nuggets that he only wants to go to NY, then they would have no option but to trade him to NY (so that the Nuggets get something in return)

Denver would lose all the leverage in that scenario since NO team would be willing to trade for him and the Knicks would not be bidding against anybody. I doubt the Nuggets would do the sign and trade if he were to do that, especially since the Nuggets don't really see anything they would really want from the Knicks current roster.

Warriors0
08-25-2010, 08:12 PM

No endorsement deals are you kidding me Luis Scola has endorsement deals from china and hes ( no offence to luis love his game) not as popular as Melo and because of yao ming will get enough endorsement deals

DenButsu
08-25-2010, 08:21 PM
No endorsement deals are you kidding me Luis Scola has endorsement deals from china and hes ( no offence to luis love his game) not as popular as Melo and because of yao ming will get enough endorsement deals

This is true. Melo's already huge in China. (He's there right now, in fact, filming a movie (http://yfrog.com/1xn27nj)). If he joined Yao's team, his endorsement deals over there would be absolutely off the hook.

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 09:20 PM
The funny thing is that he's going to be filming that movie in china and ny ...that's really ironic

WeAreClutch
08-25-2010, 09:26 PM
darkhorse is dallas. they have a lot to offer

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 09:48 PM
darkhorse is dallas. they have a lot to offer

this link will answer your question about why dallas and other teams aren't in the mix for melo (the article was posted last week)

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/08/17/10/Fisher-Carmelos-Leverage-The-Two-Reasons/landing.html?blockID=292381&feedID=3577

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
this link will answer your question about why dallas and other teams aren't in the mix for melo (the article was posted last week)

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/08/17/10/Fisher-Carmelos-Leverage-The-Two-Reasons/landing.html?blockID=292381&feedID=3577

We all know about that article, you just dont seem to get how this sign and trade deal works, if a team(in this case Denver) is not going to have leverage in a sign and trade in order to get the best possible package why would they do that for Carmelo, answer me, I've asked you this question and have yet to respond. If Dallas gets involved in this, then the Knicks really dont have a chance.

commonsense12
08-25-2010, 10:02 PM

Rockets get Melo
Nuggets get Jameson

Hahaha worst trade ever. If Denver would accept Jamison staright up for Melo why not just trade him directly to Cleveland and screw the Rockets? LOL EPIC FAIL :facepalm:

godolphins
08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
His staying in Denver, if they do decide to trade him there's no way he'll go to the Knicks because they don't have much to offer back.

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
His staying in Denver, if they do decide to trade him there's no way he'll go to the Knicks because they don't have much to offer back.

Thats what I think, NY fans think that Denver is just going to do Carmelo and the Knicks a favor and let their "franchise" player go for an average package.

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 10:09 PM
We all know about that article, you just dont seem to get how this sign and trade deal works, if a team(in this case Denver) is not going to have leverage in a sign and trade in order to get the best possible package why would they do that for Carmelo, answer me, I've asked you this question and have yet to respond. If Dallas gets involved in this, then the Knicks really dont have a chance.

I know how a sign and trade works....but I would think that Melo has more leverage than the nuggets and therefore melo will only sign a new contract extension if the nuggets are willing to deal him to one of his teams (my personal opinion)

does anyone know when Melo is coming back from China?

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 10:11 PM
I know how a sign and trade works....but I would think that Melo has more leverage than the nuggets and therefore melo will only sign a new contract extension if the nuggets are willing to deal him to one of his teams (my personal opinion)

does anyone know when Melo is coming back from China?

This response shows you dont understand, its to Carmelos best intrest that he signs the max deal(extension), NOT the Nuggets. Of course the Nuggets are going to try to convince him to stay but if Melo say he wants out, then it wouldnt really benefit the Nuggets to give him an extension unless he's open to being traded to other teams of his preference.

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 10:12 PM
On him coming back from China Im not sure.

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 10:12 PM
I love how you guys say we have NOTHING to offer....Gallo himself outplayed Melo last year at a game in MSG...Melo scored 36 and Gallo scored 28 in that game and got us the victory....and according to the Yahoo ranking we have 2 of the top 20 SF's - Gallo is ranked 11 and Chandler is ranked 20....we obviously dont have as many assets as Houston or NJ, but we do have a few assets

godolphins
08-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Thats what I think, NY fans think that Denver is just going to do Carmelo and the Knicks a favor and let their "franchise" player go for an average package.

There New York fans what do you expect

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 10:16 PM
This response shows you dont understand, its to Carmelos best intrest that he signs the max deal(extension), NOT the Nuggets.

From what Ive read, it doesn't seem like Melo will sign the extension and then get traded bc then he wont have any leverage, he's gonna get traded and then sign an extension with that team

ramsizzle
08-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Gallo just isn't all that good. As much as I hope the bulls get him it won't happen. Houston or Dallas sounds right

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 10:23 PM
If Denver has all the leverage, I don't see how any team can beat a Clippers package of Aminu, Gordon, and Kaman

Martin's better
08-25-2010, 10:25 PM
I love how you guys say we have NOTHING to offer....Gallo himself outplayed Melo last year at a game in MSG...Melo scored 36 and Gallo scored 28 in that game and got us the victory....and according to the Yahoo ranking we have 2 of the top 20 SF's - Gallo is ranked 11 and Chandler is ranked 20....we obviously dont have as many assets as Houston or NJ, but we do have a few assets

knicks do have one assist in gallo. you also have your first round draft picks for the next two seasons.... wait sorry my bad, we have them.

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 10:27 PM

Just last night I heard NY sports radio and they had Jonathan Feigen on and they asked him whats the perception on Gallo around the NBA because Knick fans seem to overrate him. Feigen said that he's talked to people around the NBA and said that he is considered to be a good player but that he's still not proven and there's questions about his back, defense, in sum people around the NBA think that if he's the best NY has to offer, then the Knicks don't really have a chance against other teams for Carmelo if it comes down to who has the best offer.

Chill_Will_24
08-25-2010, 10:27 PM
The Knicks failed in their off season and this is redemption. Idc what they say STAT is overrated and he did not deserve that max deal. It was a desperation move to attract Lebron. It failed. Now they are stuck with nothing but an aging Amare who is more concerned with his Israeli roots than his game; a mediocre roster(except Gallo but he's not that good), and no defense. Melo is their last hope, so I kinda see why Knick fans are clinging to straws on this situation, even thou it's clear they have nothing to offer Denver. The Knicks as they are, are destined for first round exit at best even with Melo...

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 10:33 PM
The Knicks failed in their off season and this is redemption. Idc what they say STAT is overrated and he did not deserve that max deal. It was a desperation move to attract Lebron. It failed. Now they are stuck with nothing but an aging Amare who is more concerned with his Israeli roots than his game; a mediocre roster(except Gallo but he's not that good), and no defense. Melo is their last hope do I see why Knick fans are clinging to straws on this situation, even thou it's clear they have nothing to offer Denver. The Knicks as they are destined for first round exit at best even with Melo...

I agree, if they don't land Melo its an epic fail, they obviously overpaid for Amare with the belief that Lebron would be enticed to play with him there. I see how they are trying to use Amare as a recruitor now, and to be honest I dont blame them.

TheGsw
08-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Melo to the Warriors!

oak2455
08-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Aging Stat:facepalm:

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree, if they don't land Melo its an epic fail, they obviously overpaid for Amare with the belief that Lebron would be enticed to play with him there. I see how they are trying to use Amare as a recruitor now, and to be honest I dont blame them.

We had a good offseason so far, but we do want another superstar along with Amare. And Amare hasnt gotten his knees injured in 4 years, hopefully it will stay that way. I do agree that if Melo doesn't come to NY, we will be pretty pissed off

and I just heard some beat writer for AOL fanhouse on ESPN NY Radio, and he said that the if the toronto executive (Ujiri) becomes the new Nuggets GM - he will do everything possible to get Melo to stay or something like that

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 10:56 PM
We had a good offseason so far, but we do want another superstar along with Amare. And Amare hasnt gotten his knees injured in 4 years, hopefully it will stay that way. I do agree that if Melo doesn't come to NY, we will be pretty pissed off

and I just heard some beat writer for AOL fanhouse on ESPN NY Radio, and he said that the if the toronto executive (Ujiri) becomes the new Nuggets GM - he will do everything possible to get Melo to stay or something like that

Yeah I agree, whoever the GM becomes, they are going to try to convince him to stay, thats pretty obvious. It's intresting though because I cant remember where I read that Carmelo had doubts about where the franchise was heading, but then again there so many rumors.

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Well the reports say that melo isn't happy with the Nuggets direction....K-Mart and Birdman are recovering from knee injuries, Billups isn't getting any younger, the Nuggets failed to land a big man during free agency, and they can't even make up their mind on a GM......I can understand why Melo wouldn't want to stay

The Nuggets did nothing to please Melo this offseason, except for offering him that extension

Warriors0
08-25-2010, 11:16 PM
The nuggets should think this through we got new yorks draft picks cept if they get the number one pick and if melo doesnt go to new york then neither will cp3 or tony parker , knicks will be mediocre and denver could get a high draft pick and if amare is injured which has pretty good chances forget about it high draft pick guaranteed and possible new franchise player and pretty quick rebuilding process .

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 11:34 PM
The nuggets should think this through we got new yorks draft picks cept if they get the number one pick and if melo doesnt go to new york then neither will cp3 or tony parker , knicks will be mediocre and denver could get a high draft pick and if amare is injured which has pretty good chances forget about it high draft pick guaranteed and possible new franchise player and pretty quick rebuilding process .

Houston can swap picks with us this year.

And if we don't get Melo, I agree that i dont think cp3 will come to us and i dont even think the knicks are gonna pursue parker since they already have felton....theyre probably gonna pursue a big man like Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler, or Al Horford

Warriors0
08-25-2010, 11:46 PM
honestly i dont think that any of those players can lure melo except maybe Horford

airronijordan
08-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Im saying if we miss out on melo, then those are the free agents that I expect the Knicks to go after....I also forgot to include OJ Mayo on that list

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 12:14 AM
they can't even make up their mind on a GM

It's Masai Ujiri (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15894402?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter).

Draco
08-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Good, now he can start negotiating with Gar Forman.

JerseysFinest
08-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Good, now he can start negotiating with Gar Forman.

i think that's a typo, i think you meant Billy King :D

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Stephen A Smith said on his radio show (yesterday) that the Knicks need to try to workout a 3 way trade and that we shouldn't SLEEP on the Nets.

He has consistently mentioned the Knicks and Nets as Melos destinations.....he isn't even mentioning the other teams like Houston, Clippers, Magic, etc.

Maybe Houston doesnt want to trade for Melo?

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 08:34 AM
http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=4125

this report basically says Melo has no interest in Houston and that Houston is a smoke screen

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 08:46 AM
http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=4125

this report basically says Melo has no interest in Houston and that Houston is a smoke screen

Please explain to me why anybody should believe a damn thing that attention whore Alex Kennedy says. There is no credible evidence that he's not simply making up all this crap he's "reporting".

Who sent him that supposed text, for example? Someone who's having discussions with Melo while he's in China filming a movie? Yeah, right.

What are Alex Kennedy's credentials? What is his history of accurately reporting rumors that later proved to be true? What is his alleged connection to Melo's camp?

There's a reason nobody here can answer those questions. He's a nobody trying to make a name for himself via the (always reliable :rolleyes: ) hoopshype rumor mill. Please.

Evolution23
08-26-2010, 08:58 AM
How would playing in Houston be any different than playing in Denver?

NBA-GMaster
08-26-2010, 09:07 AM
And now that the Denver got a GM.. I think Melo will stay.. The End..

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Please explain to me why anybody should believe a damn thing that attention whore Alex Kennedy says. There is no credible evidence that he's not simply making up all this crap he's "reporting".

Who sent him that supposed text, for example? Someone who's having discussions with Melo while he's in China filming a movie? Yeah, right.

What are Alex Kennedy's credentials? What is his history of accurately reporting rumors that later proved to be true? What is his alleged connection to Melo's camp?

There's a reason nobody here can answer those questions. He's a nobody trying to make a name for himself via the (always reliable :rolleyes: ) hoopshype rumor mill. Please.

An NBA agent told that to Alex Kennedy

wtbaseball
08-26-2010, 09:29 AM
I love the fact that NO ONE has learned from all the Lebron James madness!!!! All the analyst have NO IDEA where Melo wants to go and to be honest Melo hasnt said he wants to leave. And AIRRONI if you notice it says AN NBA AGENT not Carmelos Agent....What player talks to other agents about future destinations?????? This story has no credibility. Im a Rockets fan i would love to have Melo but i have no idea where he will go but i like our chances with DM running our FO.

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 09:34 AM

I guess it would be similar inasmuch as they're both perennial playoff teams.

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I love the fact that NO ONE has learned from all the Lebron James madness!!!! All the analyst have NO IDEA where Melo wants to go and to be honest Melo hasnt said he wants to leave. And AIRRONI if you notice it says AN NBA AGENT not Carmelos Agent....What player talks to other agents about future destinations?????? This story has no credibility. Im a Rockets fan i would love to have Melo but i have no idea where he will go but i like our chances with DM running our FO.

I agree that a lot of insiders were wrong during this offseason except for stephen a smith and stephen a smith is only listing NY and NJ as possible destinations for Melo....and I would assume that an NBA agent wouldnt say that out of the blue - he would have some knowing of the situation

wtbaseball
08-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Why dont you go back and check how many times that Stephen A. Smith changed the destination he had for Lebron.

fredo832
08-26-2010, 10:25 AM

To be honest I think he would rather play for Houston cause we have a mix core of Veterans and Young players. I'm not saying Denver doesn't but I honestly believe that are team is a little less drama free than Denver as well. Another thing you have to realize is that maybe Melo wants to come here cause he notices how every year our GM makes some sort of move to help us out in the future whether it works out or not we still are set for the future.
Example

The McGrady trade- While New York free'd up space to attempt to pick up a big named free agent which didn't work out from them we got Hill and Picks and Jeffries which are either take as tradeable assets or expiring contracts or picks incase the Knicks don't do well at all. I mean either way we are set to have up to 15 mil. off the books this year and thats not counting Yao contract. And also if the Knicks have a horrible season then those picks for the next few year would look great to either trade or use to pick up some one.

Ariza trade- We free'd up cap relief and also got a nice cheap backup shooting guard in order to either be a back up or trade Kevin Martin.

Melo takes a look at the future of a team not whats currently happening.

J-Relo
08-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Why dont you go back and check how many times that Stephen A. Smith changed the destination he had for Lebron.

twice a day

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 10:39 AM
he nailed lebrons destination 10 days before hand

oak2455
08-26-2010, 10:49 AM

I agree just like when it says sources who's sources a teams or Melos:confused: this is going to be a while plus Melo has been too qiuet:speechless:

oak2455
08-26-2010, 10:53 AM
To be honest I think he would rather play for Houston cause we have a mix core of Veterans and Young players. I'm not saying Denver doesn't but I honestly believe that are team is a little less drama free than Denver as well. Another thing you have to realize is that maybe Melo wants to come here cause he notices how every year our GM makes some sort of move to help us out in the future whether it works out or not we still are set for the future.
Example

The McGrady trade- While New York free'd up space to attempt to pick up a big named free agent which didn't work out from them we got Hill and Picks and Jeffries which are either take as tradeable assets or expiring contracts or picks incase the Knicks don't do well at all. I mean either way we are set to have up to 15 mil. off the books this year and thats not counting Yao contract. And also if the Knicks have a horrible season then those picks for the next few year would look great to either trade or use to pick up some one.

Ariza trade- We free'd up cap relief and also got a nice cheap backup shooting guard in order to either be a back up or trade Kevin Martin.

Melo takes a look at the future of a team not whats currently happening.
Actually if I had a choice and I'm a Knicks fan Magic would be the spot:D

awmathewsjr
08-26-2010, 10:56 AM

Houston is the 4th largest city, our organization has proven that they are all about winning, 2 rings in the last 20yrs, Superstars love it here(Olajuwon, Drexler, Barkley, Pippen, McGrady).

Now that I think about it the Knicks has been a pretty ****** organization as of late so if NY is what he really wants, he should go to NJ.

What have the Knicks done lately besides gave a PF who dosen't rebound or play Defense a 100M?

awmathewsjr
08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
An NBA agent told that to Alex Kennedy

Yeah right!!!!

wtbaseball
08-26-2010, 11:25 AM
So he finally got the right guess 10 days before. My point is, he changed the team he thought lebron would go to a lot of times. Whos to say that he wont change his mind tomorrow and say Carmelo to Houston or Carmelo to any team in the NBA. I mean dont get me wrong JORDAN, im not trying to be an *** towards you im just saying NOONE knows where he will go and that includes Stephen A.

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah right!!!!

Yeah right is right, and even if it were true (which is supremely doubtful), unless it was actually Melo's agent speaking on Melo's behalf, then it really doesn't mean a damn thing. Just one more meaningless bit of dime-a-dozen speculation to throw into the barrel.

oak2455
08-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Houston is the 4th largest city, our organization has proven that they are all about winning, 2 rings in the last 20yrs, Superstars love it here(Olajuwon, Drexler, Barkley, Pippen, McGrady).

Now that I think about it the Knicks has been a pretty ****** organization as of late so if NY is what he really wants, he should go to NJ.

What have the Knicks done lately besides gave a PF who dosen't rebound or play Defense a 100M?

you really hate the Knicks its almost comical:D

Evolution23
08-26-2010, 01:12 PM
I guess it would be similar inasmuch as they're both perennial playoff teams.

I agree but why would Melo want to go to Houston if he already has a good/decent team in Denver. if anything he would want to improve his situation by going to the Knicks. The Knicks already have Amare and with Melo/Amare/Parker combo they can compete for a ring. In Houston and Denver I really doubt they would win a ring with that team.

awmathewsjr
08-26-2010, 01:21 PM
you really hate the Knicks its almost comical:D

I actually love em. Look at how nice they were two the Rockets.:D

awmathewsjr
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree but why would Melo want to go to Houston if he already has a good/decent team in Denver. if anything he would want to improve his situation by going to the Knicks. The Knicks already have Amare and with Melo/Amare/Parker combo they can compete for a ring. In Houston and Denver I really doubt they would win a ring with that team.

Once again with the assumptions. Why is it when Knick fans compare their team to the Rockets they add extra players that they could hopefully get in the future? That's like me saying keep take Melo NY cause we got Yao/Horford/Granger/CP3........:facepalm:

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Once again with the assumptions. Why is it when Knick fans compare their team to the Rockets they add extra players that they could hopefully get in the future? That's like me saying keep take Melo NY cause we got Yao/Horford/Granger/CP3........:facepalm:

except no player says he'd like to play in Houston!!!

players always say they'd like to play for NY, most of them use it as leverage though.

But I can understand why cp3 would want to join if NY already had melo and amare....and parker wants to join NY b/c he wants to be with his best friend (Thierry Henry).

Verbal Christ
08-26-2010, 05:12 PM
http://dimemag.com/2010/08/nba-trade-pitch-carmelo-anthony-to-houston-for-kevin-martin/

Since I’m guessing the Denver Nuggets won’t take my advice and keep Carmelo Anthony this season, and the list of rumored destinations for ‘Melo grows by the week, it’s time to explore what the Nuggets can do trade-wise to get something close to equal value in return for the man who’s been their franchise centerpiece for the last seven years.

Although I still believe ‘Melo ultimately ends up in New York, recent rumors have gained momentum that he has the Houston Rockets at or near the top of his wish list of teams with which he’d sign a long-term extension following a trade. How exactly would ‘Melo end up in Houston, though? I tinkered around with some possible trades, and this one works out best for both sides on the court and with the salary cap:

Houston gets: Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith
Denver gets: Kevin Martin, Shane Battier, Jared Jeffries

Actually, a ‘Melo-for-Martin and Battier deal would have worked, but if I’m the Nuggets and I know teams want ‘Melo, I’m making them take the problematic J.R. Smith back in the deal.

Denver now rolls out a lineup of Chauncey Billups, Kevin Martin, Battier, Kenyon Martin and Nene, with Arron Afflalo, Birdman and Ty Lawson off the bench. That’s a playoff team. K-Mart2 replaces all but a couple of buckets of Carmelo’s scoring, Battier makes the team stronger defensively, and the two of them make Denver a smarter team automatically. Billups and Battier’s mature leadership would even out the hotheads like K-Mart1 and Birdman. For at least one season, before Battier, K-Mart1 and Afflalo become free agents in 2011, the Nuggets are a strong team in the West.

As for the Rockets, they become a legit championship contender if Yao Ming can stay healthy (of course). If you take the best offensive center in the game, who also gets you 9-10 rebounds a night and blocks a couple of shots, and surround him with ‘Melo (arguably the best scorer in the League), Aaron Brooks at point guard, Courtney Lee and J.R. splitting time at the two, and Luis Scola at power forward, that’s a team with elite talent.

Could that version of the Rockets knock off the two-time defending champion Lakers?

Breaking down the matchups, Houston would have the edge at center (Yao over Andrew Bynum), point guard (Brooks over Derek Fisher) and small forward (‘Melo over Ron Artest). Scola isn’t that far behind Pau Gasol at power forward, and the combo of Courtney Lee’s defense and J.R.’s offense would at least make Kobe Bryant work hard. The Rockets’ bench — J.R. or Lee, Kyle Lowry, Brad Miller, Jordan Hill, Patrick Patterson and Chase Budinger — can compete with L.A.’s backups. And Houston coach Rick Adelman has been going head-to-head with Phil Jackson since the early-’90s. Granted, Adelman has been mostly losing to Phil in that time, but he at least knows Phil’s game.

Two years ago, the injury-racked Rockets gave the Lakers a battle in a seven-game playoff series. And that Houston squad wasn’t as good as this hypothetical Houston squad. If Carmelo winds up with the Rockets, Hakeem and Clyde could well get some new company in the franchise pantheon of champions.

WhiteSoxGod
08-26-2010, 06:01 PM
http://dimemag.com/2010/08/nba-trade-pitch-carmelo-anthony-to-houston-for-kevin-martin/

Yeah yeah. That team would romp on Miami. That's a dynasty team if yao is healthy.

Chill_Will_24
08-26-2010, 06:02 PM

Really??? Last time I checked Parker was a Spur... Knick fans... I think most would agree, power forwards that can't rebound or play defense are worthless. Especially at 100mil... Amare can only rely on his athleticism for so long. He's overrated so stop acting like he will attract anyone. I doubt he even managed to get Lebron to return his calls this summer. I agree that Carmelo wants to be in NY but not at the expense if playing for a sorry team. He would rather play in HOU and get his China exposure or ORL and get in the way of MIA for the eastern conference title. Hell I bet he would even rather play with the young talented Nets who are essentially a NY team and will get him the same endorsements that Manhattan would... Just sayin... Your only hope is getting him in FA... Good luck with that

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Really??? Last time I checked Parker was a Spur... Knick fans... I think most would agree, power forwards that can't rebound or play defense are worthless. Especially at 100mil... Amare can only rely on his athleticism for so long. He's overrated so stop acting like he will attract anyone. I doubt he even managed to get Lebron to return his calls this summer. I agree that Carmelo wants to be in NY but not at the expense if playing for a sorry team. He would rather play in HOU and get his China exposure or ORL and get in the way of MIA for the eastern conference title. Hell I bet he would even rather play with the young talented Nets who are essentially a NY team and will get him the same endorsements that Manhattan would... Just sayin... Your only hope is getting him in FA... Good luck with that

wow your a complete idiot b/c you obviously didn't read any reports....Lebron gave Amare a call 2 days before the decision and told Amare that he'll be a Knick. It was later that night where Amare, Melo, and Lebron had a 3 way call and Melo was pushing NY hard to Lebron. Later that night is when Wade and Bosh called Lebron and convinced Lebron to join the Heat

why do you think the day before the decision, people like ocho cinco, jared dudley, and jay williams tweeted that lebron is coming to NY - bc thats what he told Amare but then was convinced last second by wade and bosh.

here are all the links

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/08/04/sources-lebrons-team-wanted-new-york/#more-17490
http://twitter.com/Ian_OConnor/status/17954436795

"James, Wade and Bosh talked on the telephone late on July 6. Wade had gone back to Miami and met with Riley and Heat owner, Micky Arison, and was ready to formally commit to staying. He had Bosh in his pocket, and now they just needed James to make the move with them. They hung up the phone late that night and thought James was prepared to make the jump with them.

Wade and Bosh made public their choices on July 7 and waited for word that would soon quietly come to them: LeBron was on his way to Miami, the greatest coup in free-agent history complete. Later that day, Carter was on the phone with free agent Mike Miller(notes) telling him that James was going to Miami and that he needed to join them as a sharpshooter playing off the three stars". - Adrian Wojnarowski

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610

unlike you guys, i provide proofs....while you guys make up BS

godolphins
08-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Carmelo Anthony wants out of Denver, and World Wide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.
Carmelo Anthony has made it clear to the Nuggets he wants a change of scenery.
Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

More From Adrian WojnarowskiKroenke's son tries to woo Anthony Aug 23, 2010 This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

“It’s almost a given they’re going to move him,” said a front-office executive who’s talked with the Nuggets and Anthony’s agents with CAA.

Between the agents’ bullying and Anthony’s dismissive disposition in Sunday’s meeting, sources said Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, Josh’s father, finally made a stand with CAA.

Keep it up, and the Nuggets will never do a deal for one of your clients again.

Try to dictate terms of a trade and we won’t move him.

Keep up the heavy-handedness and you’ll get a war.

Kroenke has decided to deal with CAA in a way most of the league is too fearful to try. Leon Rose, the agent who works with Wesley, backed down, sources said, and is willing to be more open-minded on potential trade destinations. Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith(notes) and Kenyon Martin(notes), and start over again, sources said.

The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said. The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver. The geography works for Anthony because of his wife LaLa Vazquez’s entertainment career.

Golden State and Houston are contenders, too. What’s more, the Charlotte Bobcats are a sleeper because of Anthony’s Brand Jordan shoe deal and the team’s ability to give the Nuggets a salary-dump proposal.

Back in mid-July, the Kroenkes had to travel to New York for Anthony’s wedding to finally realize he no longer intended to sign their extension offer. The reception spiraled into an evening of Chris Paul(notes) and Anthony’s brother making toasts about a future partnership for Anthony and Paul in New York with the Knicks. With nothing to trade for Anthony, though, New York isn’t considered a strong contender in the eyes of Denver management.

Few can be as strong-minded and willful as Stan Kroenke, and it doesn’t matter the Nuggets will be turned over to his son Josh by the end of the year. Stan still will be lording over the franchise, and the billionaire has shown an old-school ability to carry through on his convictions once you’ve lost him as an ally.

With the way that CAA has tried to muscle and manipulate the market this summer, a source said Stan Kroenke, freshly approved as the St. Louis Rams owner, feels further emboldened in the NBA’s collective bargaining talks to push for a “franchise player” tag that teams could slap on superstars like the one the NFL uses. NBA owners are still far from seriously discussing that issue, but CAA’s manipulation of Anthony and Paul while under contract has become an increasingly sore subject within the league.

For now, the departure of Denver general manager Mark Warkentien and the increased influence of Kroenke advisor Bret Bearup means there won’t be much of a fight within the organization to stay the course with Anthony, sources said. Denver has hired Masai Ujiri as its new GM, but he doesn’t arrive with the authority to make major moves. Things have deteriorated too fast and grown too nasty to believe Denver will turn back now. ‘Melo is on the market, and the bidding has begun.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhpaSsOCc2Yvj8xcTs0tctq8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

SouthSideRookie
08-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Carmelo Anthony wants out of Denver, and World Wide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.
Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

More From Adrian WojnarowskiKroenke's son tries to woo Anthony Aug 23, 2010 This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

“It’s almost a given they’re going to move him,” said a front-office executive who’s talked with the Nuggets and Anthony’s agents with CAA.

Between the agents’ bullying and Anthony’s dismissive disposition in Sunday’s meeting, sources said Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, Josh’s father, finally made a stand with CAA.

Kroenke has decided to deal with CAA in a way most of the league is too fearful to try. Leon Rose, the agent who works with Wesley, backed down, sources said, and is willing to be more open-minded on potential trade destinations. Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith(notes) and Kenyon Martin(notes), and start over again, sources said.

The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said. The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver. The geography works for Anthony because of his wife LaLa Vazquez’s entertainment career.

Golden State and Houston are contenders, too. What’s more, the Charlotte Bobcats are a sleeper because of Anthony’s Brand Jordan shoe deal and the team’s ability to give the Nuggets a salary-dump proposal.

Back in mid-July, the Kroenkes had to travel to New York for Anthony’s wedding to finally realize he no longer intended to sign their extension offer. The reception spiraled into an evening of Chris Paul(notes) and Anthony’s brother making toasts about a future partnership for Anthony and Paul in New York with the Knicks. With nothing to trade for Anthony, though, New York isn’t considered a strong contender in the eyes of Denver management.

Few can be as strong-minded and willful as Stan Kroenke, and it doesn’t matter the Nuggets will be turned over to his son Josh by the end of the year. Stan still will be lording over the franchise, and the billionaire has shown an old-school ability to carry through on his convictions once you’ve lost him as an ally.

With the way that CAA has tried to muscle and manipulate the market this summer, a source said Stan Kroenke, freshly approved as the St. Louis Rams owner, feels further emboldened in the NBA’s collective bargaining talks to push for a “franchise player” tag that teams could slap on superstars like the one the NFL uses. NBA owners are still far from seriously discussing that issue, but CAA’s manipulation of Anthony and Paul while under contract has become an increasingly sore subject within the league.

For now, the departure of Denver general manager Mark Warkentien and the increased influence of Kroenke advisor Bret Bearup means there won’t be much of a fight within the organization to stay the course with Anthony, sources said. Denver has hired Masai Ujiri as its new GM, but he doesn’t arrive with the authority to make major moves. Things have deteriorated too fast and grown too nasty to believe Denver will turn back now. ‘Melo is on the market, and the bidding has begun.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhpaSsOCc2Yvj8xcTs0tctq8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

I have been trying to tell Knick fans that Denver is not going to trade Carmelo to NY just because that's his first preference, why should the Nuggets do that favor for Melo and and the Knicks! If the Knicks don't have the assets then they dont really have a chance, this article proves two things, one, that it's not just hate from other fans toward Knicks fans about NY not having what it takes in assets to make this trade, two, that Gallinary is overrated by Knick fans as it has been suggested by some NBA experts.

SA5195
08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Anthony, Nuggets look ready to part ways

Carmelo Anthony(notes) wants out of Denver, and World Wide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.

(NBAE/ Getty Images)

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports. Send Adrian a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aslnhdwpd0kxPYguMroqV.G8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

arkanian215
08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not a fan of Melo. I think he's a bit overrated. Third best SF sure I'll buy that but his value seems overstated. He's not very efficient scoring even for a small forward. No doubt he'd be a welcome addition to most teams. It just seems that his price tag (and future salary) overstate his abilities.

JordansBulls
08-26-2010, 07:27 PM

So would they want a Noah/Deng package for him?

SouthSideRookie
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM

According to this article they prefer young talent, draft picks and im assuming expirings also, so I guess Noah would be someone they would want, but not Deng.

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
It will go down to who has more leverage. Melo or denver? If melo has all the leverage than ny will be his next destination. If denver has all the leverage then he would probably get traded to nj, lac, or houston.

With all that being said, I think that denver will get a lot of offers next week (AFTER MELos meeting with the front office).

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 07:47 PM
It will go down to who has more leverage. Melo or denver? If melo has all the leverage than ny will be his next destination. If denver has all the leverage then he would probably get traded to nj, lac, or houston.

With all that being said, I think that denver will get a lot of offers next week (AFTER MELos meeting with the front office).

td0tsfinest
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Anthony, Nuggets look ready to part ways
This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhpaSsOCc2Yvj8xcTs0tctq8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610)

edit: woops. Didn't know somebody already posted it.

Evolution23
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM

NY has nothing to trade for?
Curry's expiring, Chandler, Gallo, Anthony Randolph, and a future pick are nothing? :facepalm:

godolphins
08-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Curry's expiring, Chandler, Gallo, Anthony Randolph, and a future pick are nothing? :facepalm:

In 2014 :laugh:

godolphins
08-26-2010, 08:07 PM
According to this article they prefer young talent, draft picks and im assuming expirings also, so I guess Noah would be someone they would want, but not Deng.

Doesn't Deng become a FA next year?

bkmikeyy
08-26-2010, 08:07 PM
In 2014 :laugh:

1st round picks from whatever team Melo is going to go to really do not mean that much for Denver. Those picks will be in the 20s regardless. If I'm Denver I would actually want a later pick from NY, hoping that in 2014 Amare is on his decline (same goes for teams like Houston, I would wait until Yao is not as dominant). That is why the Rocket's picks are so valuable, because if they give the Knicks picks up AND keep NY from getting Melo those could be solid mid first round picks.

d_ramirez1
08-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Denver Gets:
Tayshaun Prince
Richard Hamilton
Austin Daye
Jason Maxiel
Terico White
Picks

Detroit Gets:
Melo
Kenyon Matin
JR Smith

godolphins
08-26-2010, 08:13 PM
1st round picks from whatever team Melo is going to go to really do not mean that much for Denver. Those picks will be in the 20s regardless. If I'm Denver I would actually want a later pick from NY, hoping that in 2014 Amare is on his decline (same goes for teams like Houston, I would wait until Yao is not as dominant). That is why the Rocket's picks are so valuable, because if they give the Knicks picks up AND keep NY from getting Melo those could be solid mid first round picks.

Stop being a blind knick fan :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
08-26-2010, 08:14 PM

Uhhhhh yea! That's nothing. Compared to what LAC and HOU or even NJ can offer. Curry?... It's an expiring but there's plenty of those around the league... Chandler sucks... Gallinari is overrated. Good shooter. Bad back. Not good... Anthony Randolph?... He's good I'll give you that but not that enticing when talking a Melo trade... Future pick... In 2014. The world is over in 2012 so that's worthless. Lol

SouthSideRookie
08-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Denver Gets:
Tayshaun Prince
Richard Hamilton
Austin Daye
Jason Maxiel
Terico White
Picks

Detroit Gets:
Melo
Kenyon Matin
JR Smith

Would Detroit include The Palace and Hooper(mascot)? :facepalm:

TheGsw
08-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Warriors trade: Ellis, Biedrins, B.Wright.
Nuggets trade: Melo, Jr Smith.

HairOiN
08-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Melo is leaving Denver for sure, he has a huge contract on the table and isnt taking it.

d_ramirez1
08-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Would Detroit include The Palace and Hooper(mascot)? :facepalm:

**** for Melo I would!!!! I'd even throw in Joe D if he were to get Melo!

black1605
08-26-2010, 08:20 PM
John Hollinger:

If Nuggets do hold a Melo auction, my $$ is on Melo to Hou in a three-way with Charlotte -- Dampier to Den (gets under tax), Brooks to Cha. 37 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/johnhollinger

Take his opinion for what it's worth, I would love the deal for Charlotte.

VinceCarter
08-26-2010, 08:25 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

cmellofan15
08-26-2010, 08:27 PM
I haven't heard that excuse before. moving because of your wife's job.

VinceCarter
08-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the merge. Probably should've just made it here...forgot.

Tony_Starks
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I really thought once the Lebron and Bosh soap opera was over this summer that we would actually return to regular basketball.

My bad!

Slimsim
08-26-2010, 08:39 PM
it seems all the guys from the 2008 Olympic team are on the move. I guess Paul and Howard are next.

GoatMilk
08-26-2010, 08:40 PM
it seems all the guys from the 2008 Olympic team are on the move. I guess Paul and Howard are next.

do not forget Deron

maybe getting ALJeff sells him for now, but he may be looking out soon too

DeyAce
08-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Theres no way he goes to the Clippers. I could see the Nets and Rockets as front runners.

Slimsim
08-26-2010, 08:45 PM
do not forget Deron

maybe getting ALJeff sells him for now, but he may be looking out soon too

He is the 1 guy i believe will stay loyal to Utah.

Chill_Will_24
08-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Theres no way he goes to the Clippers. I could see the Nets and Rockets as front runners.

Not up to him. I think the Rockets have little chance. I see a commonality in the two latest frontrunners, NJ and LAC. Both teams have young talented bigs. Griffin and Favors are athletic freaks with unlimited potential. Kaman and Lopez are highly talented Cs. So I'm thinking that Denver has their hearts set on coming out of this with some type of big. Here is the problem. NJ is enamored with Lopez and they need Favors. Idk about LA and how they feel about Kaman but Im pretty sure Griffin is untouchable. Both teams are evenly matched asset wise but I still see LA as the more likely choice because of their front court depth.

ILoveL.A2416
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Nuggets Trade:
Carmelo Anthony

Lakers Trade:
Sasha Vujacic
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom

:)

JordansBulls
08-26-2010, 09:00 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610

I guess if the Nets are going to Brooklyn, this would make sense for Melo.

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 09:05 PM

Where does LaLa Vasquez work?

Draco
08-26-2010, 09:11 PM
The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver.

Nets and Rockets as front runners according to who? Sources? The media? The Nugs organization?

iFYouSeekAmy
08-26-2010, 09:14 PM
(Pasting the whole article)
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610)

This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

Kroenke has decided to deal with CAA in a way most of the league is too fearful to try. Leon Rose, the agent who works with Wesley, backed down, sources said, and is willing to be more open-minded on potential trade destinations. Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin, and start over again, sources said.

Back in mid-July, the Kroenkes had to travel to New York for Anthony’s wedding to finally realize he no longer intended to sign their extension offer. The reception spiraled into an evening of Chris Paul and Anthony’s brother making toasts about a future partnership for Anthony and Paul in New York with the Knicks. With nothing to trade for Anthony, though, New York isn’t considered a strong contender in the eyes of Denver management.

For now, the departure of Denver general manager Mark Warkentien and the increased influence of Kroenke advisor Bret Bearup means there won’t be much of a fight within the organization to stay the course with Anthony, sources said. Denver has hired Masai Ujiri as its new GM, but he doesn’t arrive with the authority to make major moves. Things have deteriorated too fast and grown too nasty to believe Denver will turn back now. Melo is on the market, and the bidding has begun.

So..
Denver wants to trade Melo, Smith and Martin so they can rebuild. Denver wants talented, young players and draft picks.

Destinations that were mentioned were Golden State, Clippers, Nets, Rockets, and Charlotte.. did I miss any?

Algmuskrats
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I love how the Pistons arent on that list lol. They got space and have been shopping Rip and Prince(who is another SF). That could easily be a done deal only if Melo would sign an extension. Even though the Pistons would need another piece for Melo to even accept going there.

Kakaroach
08-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Clippers could make a huge splash if they get him, problem is I bet he won't re-sign there.

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 09:19 PM
From what it looks like the Knicks are still the only team with an offer on the table...

Gallo
Curry's expiring
1st rounder

It's all good people suggesting the Nets trade Lopez or Favors or the Clippers trade Griffin or Kaman but are these teams really ready to gut their teams for a player who could bolt in a year (if the trade isn't a extend & trade)?

The Nets aren't gonna give up Lopez and even if they did the glamor of playing for the Ntes would decrease substantially if Melo knew Lopez was going in the opposite direction.

The Clippers will definitely not include Griffin in a deal. There is no way they would let their franchise prospect go without playing a single game for them. And come on, it's the Clippers... If Melo got traded to them he'd tear his ACL in the first half of the season and Griffin would go onto become MVP and one of the best PF's of the decade in Denver.

If you look at the young talent that the possible trade partners have it's easier to work out who could put together the best package...

Knicks

Danilo Gallinari: Already offered in a deal and would slot straight into Melo's position. Cheap. Huge upside.

Wilson Chandler: Another young guy still on his rookie contract that the Nuggs could be interested in and the Knicks wouldn't flutter at offering in a trade.

Rockets

Aaron Brooks: Great talent, with a ton of potential. Would Rockets be willing to part with him? Would there be need for him with Billups still in Denver?

Jordan Hill: A solid big that would slot into the rotation and could go onto big things in Dnever.

Nets

Brook Lopez: Probably the best young player any of the teams could offer. The question is would the Nets offer him and what would Melo think about not being able to play with him in New Jersey.

Derrick Favors: A young raw prospect with a huge amount of upside, Once again would the Nest be willing to deal a guy with this much potential without seeing him lace them up for them.

Terrence Williams: A young athletic wingman, with great upside and still on a cheap rookie contract. The Nets are pretty high on him though.

Clippers

Blake Griffin: Similar to Favors, would the Clippers give up their future guy so soon? How would Melo feel about playing in a Griffin-less Clippers team?

Eric Gordon: A young guy, who would look great in Denver. Are the Clippers willing to trade him though. In my opinion he's just a better decision making version of JR Smith.

I think a huge amount of it comes down to what these teams are willing to offer. As I said, the Knicks appear to be the only team with an offer on the table that fits the bill. It's all good saying the Nets can offer Lopez & Favors and the Clippers can offer Griffin & Kaman or Gordon, but until one of these teams puts an offer on the table, nothing is a given.

Draco
08-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Clippers could make a huge splash if they get him, problem is I bet he won't re-sign there.

Then why would he agree to an extension/S&T?

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 09:23 PM
If the Nuggets want rid of JR Smith as well, how about this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=342wh93

Throw in a 1st rounder from the Knicks.

Kakaroach
Then why would he agree to an extension/S&T? Unless its to New York, he won't agree to an extension S&T.

Khalifa21
Then why would he agree to an extension/S&T?

He wouldn't... Meaning the Clippers aren't a realistic destination.

Draco
08-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Unless its to New York, he won't agree to an extension S&T.

Why NY? They don't have either the talent to make a trade or the talent to compete with the Heat.

Khalifa21

This is exactly what i've been saying all along, but according to "sources" :rolleyes: he's interested in playing in Houston.

arkanian215
From what it looks like the Knicks are still the only team with an offer on the table...

Gallo
Curry's expiring
1st rounder

It's all good people suggesting the Nets trade Lopez or Favors or the Clippers trade Griffin or Kaman but are these teams really ready to gut their teams for a player who could bolt in a year (if the trade isn't a extend & trade)?

The Nets aren't gonna give up Lopez and even if they did the glamor of playing for the Ntes would decrease substantially if Melo knew Lopez was going in the opposite direction.

The Clippers will definitely not include Griffin in a deal. There is no way they would let their franchise prospect go without playing a single game for them. And come on, it's the Clippers... If Melo got traded to them he'd tear his ACL in the first half of the season and Griffin would go onto become MVP and one of the best PF's of the decade in Denver.

If you look at the young talent that the possible trade partners have it's easier to work out who could put together the best package...

Knicks

Danilo Gallinari: Already offered in a deal and would slot straight into Melo's position. Cheap. Huge upside.

Wilson Chandler: Another young guy still on his rookie contract that the Nuggs could be interested in and the Knicks wouldn't flutter at offering in a trade.

Rockets

Aaron Brooks: Great talent, with a ton of potential. Would Rockets be willing to part with him? Would there be need for him with Billups still in Denver?

Jordan Hill: A solid big that would slot into the rotation and could go onto big things in Dnever.

Nets

Brook Lopez: Probably the best young player any of the teams could offer. The question is would the Nets offer him and what would Melo think about not being able to play with him in New Jersey.

Derrick Favors: A young raw prospect with a huge amount of upside, Once again would the Nest be willing to deal a guy with this much potential without seeing him lace them up for them.

Terrence Williams: A young athletic wingman, with great upside and still on a cheap rookie contract. The Nets are pretty high on him though.

Clippers

Blake Griffin: Similar to Favors, would the Clippers give up their future guy so soon? How would Melo feel about playing in a Griffin-less Clippers team?

Eric Gordon: A young guy, who would look great in Denver. Are the Clippers willing to trade him though. In my opinion he's just a better decision making version of JR Smith.

I think a huge amount of it comes down to what these teams are willing to offer. As I said, the Knicks appear to be the only team with an offer on the table that fits the bill. It's all good saying the Nets can offer Lopez & Favors and the Clippers can offer Griffin & Kaman or Gordon, but until one of these teams puts an offer on the table, nothing is a given.

I'd add Anthony Randolph (NYK), Al Farouq Aminu (LAC), Patrick Patterson (HOU) and Eric Bledsoe (LAC) to the prospects list.

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Why NY? They don't have either the talent to make a trade or the talent to compete with the Heat.

You don't get it do you?

The Knicks may not have the best package or most young talent to offer, but at least they have MADE AN OFFER.

It's useless saying "team A can offer better young talent and could put together a better package than the Knicks" because until that team A offers that better package it doesn't matter. It goes back to the argument, what team in their right mind would be willing to gut their team of young talent if Melo had no intentions of re-signing there in the summer?

New York seems to be the only place where Melo would be 100% definite about signing an extension.

The Knicks don't have the talent to compete with the Heat if they landed Melo? Maybe not, but out of the other possible destinations who does?

The Nets? (Assuming they would give up Lopez)

PG: Devin Harris
SG: Anthony Morrow
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Troy Murphy
C: Johan Petro

6th man: Derrick Favors

The Clippers? (Assuming they would give up Griffin and Eric Gordon)

PG: Baron Davis
SG: Rasual Butler
PF: Craig Smith
C: Chris Kaman

The Rockets? (Assuming they would give up Brooks and Martin)

PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: Shane Battier
PF: Luis Scola
C: Yao Ming

None of those team would have any more of a chance than the Knicks would if they gave up Gallo.

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Wilson Chandler
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Ronny Turiaf

leoncito
08-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Per Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, the Nuggets are ready to trade Carmelo Anthony.

Yes the Magic, along with the New York Knicks, were named at the top Anthony’s wishlist and although it does look like Anthony is going to be traded, don’t count on him being dealt to the Magic. Other teams have much more to offer than the Magic, who can only really offer the Nuggets cap relief and not the young talent Denver likely desires to go along with that cap relief.

sounds good hope we have a chance

iggypop123
08-26-2010, 09:41 PM
please merge

Wade>You
08-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Wow, great ready for an epic season.

djeller1139
08-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Warriors:

Ellis (+ Biedrins) + VladRad + Wright + TPE/Picks for Melo + JR (+ Birdman (or Martin))

or something like that would be amazing.

godolphins
08-26-2010, 09:43 PM

Did you hear that come out of his mouth?

Forbo
08-26-2010, 09:43 PM
You don't get it do you?

The Knicks may not have the best package or most young talent to offer, but at least they have MADE AN OFFER.

It's useless saying "team A can offer better young talent and could put together a better package than the Knicks" because until that team A offers that better package it doesn't matter. It goes back to the argument, what team in their right mind would be willing to gut their team of young talent if Melo had no intentions of re-signing there in the summer?

New York seems to be the only place where Melo would be 100% definite about signing an extension.

The Knicks don't have the talent to compete with the Heat if they landed Melo? Maybe not, but out of the other possible destinations who does?

None of those team would have any more of a chance than the Knicks would if they gave up Gallo.

Your pretty biased, there is no way in hell the Knicks are getting Carmelo this season, the only chance the have is 2011 free agency.

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Your pretty biased, there is no way in hell the Knicks are getting Carmelo this season, the only chance the have is 2011 free agency.

I'll bookmark this quote for future reference...

Of course i'm slightly biased, isn't every fan? And do you care to explain your thinking behind your statement?

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I posted my thoughts in the Nuggets forum here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14701879&postcount=367) on why I think it's unlikely Melo ends up with the Knicks.

The bottom line is the bottom line: Greed.

cabernetluver
08-26-2010, 09:49 PM
In some ways this is pretty easy. If Mello is willing to sign a new contract, the Clippers have the most to offer, but for a one year rental, he is not worth near as much. NY can offer less, because they will get the signature on the bottom line.

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I posted my thoughts in the Nuggets forum here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14701879&postcount=367) on why I think it's unlikely Melo ends up with the Knicks.

The bottom line is the bottom line: Greed.

I completely understand your thinking and agree, but are you suggesting that the Knicks aren't willing to offer Melo the max extension?

lakers/dodgers
08-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Love it, the West will continue to get weaker and the Lakers continue to get stronger.

Draco
08-26-2010, 09:51 PM
You don't get it do you?

So what? Did a deadline for submitted offers already expire or something?

It's useless saying "team A can offer better young talent and could put together a better package than the Knicks" because until that team A offers that better package it doesn't matter.

We're all just speculating... relax.

For the life of me, I don't see a good reason for why.

All of those teams would be giving up assets that are lot more appealing than what the Knicks have. We probably agree on that. The Knicks sans whoever it would take to get Melo leaves them with a team that's worse the ones you mentioned.

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't limit the discussion of teams in the hunt for Melo to the ones that have been in media rumors.

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 09:52 PM
In some ways this is pretty easy. If Mello is willing to sign a new contract, the Clippers have the most to offer, but for a one year rental, he is not worth near as much. NY can offer less, because they will get the signature on the bottom line.

Melo has given the Nuggets a short list, if Woj's article is to be believed, of teams he'd be willing to go to. As long as it were a team on that list, I think the operating assumption is that no matter where he went, it would be on an extend-and-trade of the max extension that the Nuggets put on the table for him. Or, in other words, he'd be locked in through 2015 in any case, and would not be a "one year rental".

Forbo
08-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Knicks= No Picks :( sorry

Draco
08-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Have the teams on the short list been leaked or are the Nets and Rockets teams assumed to be on the list by the media?

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 09:57 PM
I completely understand your thinking and agree, but are you suggesting that the Knicks aren't willing to offer Melo the max extension?

No, not at all. But if Melo insists that he wants to a) be traded and also b) get that max extension, then the Nuggets in turn have some leverage in the negotiations to say, "Well, if you want both to be traded and for us to S&T you on that max, then you have to allow for several teams to bid for you so that we get maximum value back when we trade you." Otherwise, they can simply pull the max extension offer off the table, and either trade him to any random *** team on the cheap (they'd get crap value back in that case) or keep him around a year and let him expire (and in that case an expiring is all he'd be).

So if Melo wants to have his cake (get traded) and eat it too (get that max extension) he has to play ball with the Nuggets to a certain degree. They can withdraw that extension offer whenever they like, and let him deal with signing a new contract next summer when there will probably be a lockout and a new CBA that will almost certainly result in him taking a paycut of around $35 million through 2015.

Chill_Will_24
Actually it would be more like:

C : Brook Lopez

The Nets are NOT trading Lopez. They will most likely trade TWill, Damion James and a bunch of picks since they have so many. I doubt it will happen cuz the Clippers have so much more to offer. I'm just saying that's what a NJ trade for Melo might look like

JordansBulls
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25dagzq

JordansBulls
08-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Melo has given the Nuggets a short list, if Woj's article is to be believed, of teams he'd be willing to go to. As long as it were a team on that list, I think the operating assumption is that no matter where he went, it would be on an extend-and-trade of the max extension that the Nuggets put on the table for him. Or, in other words, he'd be locked in through 2015 in any case, and would not be a "one year rental".

Hey DB, what would you take from the Bulls?

Gotta remember we don't have many guys who can match Melo's salary.

SouthSideRookie
08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
You don't get it do you?

The Knicks DONT have what it takes to get Carmelo, seriously, whats so hard to understand about that! Carmelo is not going to leave the max on the table and risk losing millions, therefore he will agree to a sign and trade. On your lineups you are a little off, if you are saying that the Knicks are as good as the Rockets, then I dont know what else to say :facepalm:

Draco
08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25dagzq

FTW!

Although I day dream about the Nugs accepting an offer of Deng, Asik, Taj and picks.

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
So what? Did a deadline for submitted offers already expire or something?

It just annoys me when people are throwing out offers that seem quite far from the reality of the situation.

For the life of me, I don't see a good reason for why.

He's stated he wants max money, the Knicks wouldn't batter an eyelid at that, he wants to be closer to wear he grew up and played college ball (singles it down to NY and NJ), he's mentioned that he'd welcome playing for the Knicks and playing in NY would dramatically boost his wife's career (not the best of reasons, but its' something).

All of those teams would be giving up assets that are lot more appealing than what the Knicks have. We probably agree on that. The Knicks sans whoever it would take to get Melo leaves them with a team that's worse the ones you mentioned.

I do agree, Lopez > Gallo and Griffin > Gallo but for the life of me I just can't see those teams offering those players, whereas Gallo is already a building block for a potential trade.

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't limit the discussion of teams in the hunt for Melo to the ones that have been in media rumors.

Once again I agree, but I think speculation amongst the teams mentioned so far is enough, before we get every fan coming in here suggesting "youngest, most talented player", "biggest expiring contract" and "first round pick" for Melo.

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Have the teams on the short list been leaked or are the Nets and Rockets teams assumed to be on the list by the media?

Wojnarowski was very vague about that in his article, which really surprised me since he was so specific about other details of the meeting between the Nuggs brass, Melo, and his agents.

But the teams he mentioned (without specifically saying they were on Melo's list), were the Nets, Clips, GSW, Rockets, Bobcats (Jordan brand), and Knicks. (The Magic were a surprising omission).

But I think the bottom line for now is that nobody who isn't directly involved REALLY knows what teams are or are not on that list.

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey DB, what would you take from the Bulls?

Gotta remember we don't have many guys who can match Melo's salary.

If both Noah & picks were involved, I'd be open minded about it. I have a hard time envisioning them putting together a package that clearly outbids competing teams, though.

Kakaroach
08-26-2010, 10:05 PM
What would a Clippers deal include? Aminu+some of their other young guys?

black1605
08-26-2010, 10:09 PM
They don't want Deng's monster contract I would think.

SouthSideRookie
08-26-2010, 10:09 PM

Thanks for posting this Den, I mean seriously, its not that difficult, I dont get why people dont get it. As was stated, GREED, no way in hell does Melo not sign the max. The Nuggets will grant Carmelo a sign and trade to get the best possible package from another team, without the extension in hand , Denver loses leverage since teams would not be willing to part with good talent for a rental. Carmelo also gets his money and they are both happy. Thanks again Den!

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 10:10 PM
What would a Clippers deal include? Aminu+some of their other young guys?

I think they have a 2012 Minny pick. Aminu + that + not too much more might do it (probably Kaman in there somewhere).

Kakaroach
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I think they have a 2012 Minny pick. Aminu + that + not too much more might do it (probably Kaman in there somewhere). If its Kaman+Aminu+Minny first rounder+someone like Craig Smith or DeAndre Jordan thats a damn good haul.

Slimsim
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Actually it would be more like:

The Nets are NOT trading Lopez. They will most likely trade TWill, Damion James and a bunch of picks since they have so many. I doubt it will happen cuz the Clippers have so much more to offer. I'm just saying that's what a NJ trade for Melo might look like

Why would Denver want late first round picks and T Williams ? Not 1 team can give Denver equal Value for Melo. And I do believe if the Nets can land a top 5 player in the NBA for Brook Lopez they would do it.

Draco
08-26-2010, 10:15 PM
They don't want Deng's monster contract I would think.

Which replacement SF would they rather have that's obtainable in a trade scenario for Melo?

VinceCarter
08-26-2010, 10:15 PM
I'd add Anthony Randolph (NYK), Al Farouq Aminu (LAC), Patrick Patterson (HOU) and Eric Bledsoe (LAC) to the prospects list.

Fellow Nets fan how could you foget our very own DAMION JAMES. He should be added to the list as well.

arkanian215
08-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Fellow Nets fan how could you foget our very own DAMION JAMES. He should be added to the list as well.

I'm taking the Nets out of the running here. I don't know what the procedures are for agreements for an extension but if we trade for him, I don't think we're not guaranteed to re-sign him so why bother with the trade? A one year rental isn't worth it.

airronijordan
08-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I just thought of something really random....yes the Knicks dont have many assets like the Clippers, Rockets, or Nets....BUT Melo has no good friends from the clippers, rockets, or nets....while Amare and other NY celebrities who were at Melos wedding can call Melo consistently and try to convince Melo that the Knicks should be the only team on his wish list

it seems like a dream, but I can see it becoming reality (it happened with Lebron, and melo has the same agency as lebron and wade)

VinceCarter
08-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Why would Denver want late first round picks and T Williams ? Not 1 team can give Denver equal Value for Melo. And I do believe if the Nets can land a top 5 player in the NBA for Brook Lopez they would do it.

I don't know what the front office thinks but if I'm in the front office I'm not trading Lopez for anybody short of a top 2 player or Dwight Howard (same position).

Think about it it wouldn't make any sense trading Lopez because the only thing that matters is being champs not just being a top seeded team. Without Lopez a Nets team with Melo would not take down the Lakers or Heat. A Nets championship team needs a dominant center (or very good center) which Lopez is.

Basically what I'm saying is why get Melo if your team doesn't have a shot at the title. If the Nets can pull off a trade where they can keep Lopez than they have a shot at a title.

I think TWill, Damion James, Humphries (expiring), a couple first rounders with a second rounder, $3 million would do the trick. Maybe Murphy instead of Hump but with TWill and Damion James (2 great young players with all star potential) plus a lot of picks as the centerpiece of a potential trade with the Nets would be close.

Then the Nets would be left with:

Harris/Farmar
Morrow
Melo/Outlaw
Murphy or Humphries/Favors
Lopez

smuffins353
08-26-2010, 10:34 PM
if anyone is gonna trade for Melo its gonna be Houston.....they have the peices to complete the deal and be competitive. Nets & Clippers wouldn't at all and the Knicks would have just Amare & Melo.

Houston has the best chance to land him this year but if he stays in Denver and goes into free agency I see him signing in NY easily

Agar81
08-26-2010, 10:37 PM
according to SI's twitter he has demanded a trade so I think he won't be back at all in Denver

NJBASEBALL22
08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I just thought of something really random....yes the Knicks dont have many assets like the Clippers, Rockets, or Nets....BUT Melo has no good friends from the clippers, rockets, or nets....while Amare and other NY celebrities who were at Melos wedding can call Melo consistently and try to convince Melo that the Knicks should be the only team on his wish list

it seems like a dream, but I can see it becoming reality (it happened with Lebron, and melo has the same agency as lebron and wade)

But it is not Melo's decision, right?

If I was Denver, I would try to resign him to the Max by telling him that is the only way he is getting out and then let the bidding war begin. If he is signed to the Max deal, I am fairly certain that that takes the Knicks out of the equation because other teams will be throwing great deals to grab him. I would show no remorse if I was the GM of Denver because Melo is leaving them for dead so screw him, I say its Houston, Clips, or Nets at this point, Bulls might be the dark horse.

LykeOmgTommy
08-26-2010, 10:47 PM
if anyone is gonna trade for Melo its gonna be Houston.....they have the peices to complete the deal and be competitive. Nets & Clippers wouldn't at all and the Knicks would have just Amare & Melo.

Houston has the best chance to land him this year but if he stays in Denver and goes into free agency I see him signing in NY easily

Agreed. It's either extension with Houston this year, or NY free agency next year. but i doubt denver is letting him go out like that.. so theres a very high possbility its going to be houston

Khalifa21
08-26-2010, 10:48 PM
[/B]
I think TWill, Damion James, Humphries (expiring), a couple first rounders with a second rounder, $3 million would do the trick. Maybe Murphy instead of Hump but with TWill and Damion James (2 great young players with all star potential) plus a lot of picks as the centerpiece of a potential trade with the Nets would be close.

Harris/Farmar
Morrow
Melo/Outlaw
Lopez

A Gallo/Chandler/Curry's expiring and 1st rounder trumps this offer.

Gallo > T-Will
Chandler > James
Murphy > Curry (in the end this is just an expiring either way so talent doesn't really matter)

LykeOmgTommy
08-26-2010, 10:50 PM

Possibly, but i doubt melo would go to NY for "friends" when he can be somewhere else to contend for a title.

LykeOmgTommy
08-26-2010, 10:52 PM
[/B]

I don't know what the front office thinks but if I'm in the front office I'm not trading Lopez for anybody short of a top 2 player or Dwight Howard (same position).

Think about it it wouldn't make any sense trading Lopez because the only thing that matters is being champs not just being a top seeded team. Without Lopez a Nets team with Melo would not take down the Lakers or Heat. A Nets championship team needs a dominant center (or very good center) which Lopez is.

Basically what I'm saying is why get Melo if your team doesn't have a shot at the title. If the Nets can pull off a trade where they can keep Lopez than they have a shot at a title.

Harris/Farmar
Morrow
Melo/Outlaw
Lopez

Only shot for nets to get carmelo is to trade lopez.

beasted86
08-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Why isn't the Miami Heat on the poll?

They need to be added. Nobody can count out the mastermind Pat Riley.

NJBASEBALL22
08-26-2010, 10:57 PM

They would be stupid to trade someone who can be a dominant big for a dominant wing. You can't contend against Orlando, let alone the Lakers with out a big.

Favors is more valuable than Gallo, if you are a Knicks fan and that was what you are getting at. Williams might be just as valuable. Plus the Nets have a ton of picks, which Denver will want picks.

bkmikeyy
08-26-2010, 11:02 PM
I agree T-Will has potential but up until late March he was one of the worst producing rookies in the NBA so I wouldn't compare him in value with Gallo just yet. As for Damion James, I have no idea how you can say he has "All Star" potential because he was picked in the 20s this past draft... nice piece but a very unknown and chances are he wont be an all star. As for the picks, I don't see how they can have more value than guys like Chandler, Douglas etc because if you get Melo, Keep Lopez and Harris chances are w/e first round pick you give up will be in the mid- 20s.

LykeOmgTommy
08-26-2010, 11:03 PM
They would be stupid to trade someone who can be a dominant big for a dominant wing. You can't contend against Orlando, let alone the Lakers with out a big.

Favors is more valuable than Gallo, if you are a Knicks fan and that was what you are getting at. Williams might be just as valuable. Plus the Nets have a ton of picks, which Denver will want picks.

picks maybe. but i dont think denver would bite on what NJ has to offer, the players that is

beasted86
08-26-2010, 11:05 PM

Harris/Farmar
Morrow
Melo/Outlaw
Lopez

That's not a team ready to contend for a championship right now.

I think the issue a lot of people are overlooking is how "ready" these guys want the team they are going to. That's why the Miami Heat became a sleeper last summer. People thought LeBron was willing to wait a year or two in NY or NJ to build more pieces.

I think Carmelo wants a veteran team built to win right now.

godolphins
08-26-2010, 11:07 PM
His not getting traded to Ny

LykeOmgTommy
08-26-2010, 11:08 PM

I think the issue a lot of people are overlooking is how "ready" these guys want the team they are going to. That's why the Miami Heat became a sleeper last summer. People thought LeBron was willing to wait a year or two in NY or NJ to build more pieces.

:rock:

NJBASEBALL22
08-26-2010, 11:10 PM
I agree T-Will has potential but up until late March he was one of the worst producing rookies in the NBA so I wouldn't compare him in value with Gallo just yet. As for Damion James, I have no idea how you can say he has "All Star" potential because he was picked in the 20s this past draft... nice piece but a very unknown and chances are he wont be an all star. As for the picks, I don't see how they can have more value than guys like Chandler, Douglas etc because if you get Melo, Keep Lopez and Harris chances are w/e first round pick you give up will be in the mid- 20s.

The thing is, most of the Nets pciks are not contingent on how the Nets finish.

New Jersey Nets: Receives 2011 Golden State first round pick (lottery protected in 2011, top 11 protected in 2012, top 10 protected in 2013. If it is not conveyed by 2013, the Nets get second-round picks in 2013 and 2015) via Marcus Williams trade on 7/22/08.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/DraftPickDebt.asp#ixzz0xlwAyh4N

VinceCarter
08-26-2010, 11:12 PM

That team is ready in a year or two so when Brooklyn comes they would be ready and by that time what's a year or two you gotta figure the Lakers and Heat own the next two years unless CP3 jumps ship to follow Melo.

So if he's smart he won't be really greedy and see that what's a year or two when you're talking about championships and possible dynasty (CP3? other piece? Favors?)....

bkmikeyy
08-26-2010, 11:16 PM
The thing is, most of the Nets pciks are not contingent on how the Nets finish.

New Jersey Nets: Receives 2011 Golden State first round pick (lottery protected in 2011, top 11 protected in 2012, top 10 protected in 2013. If it is not conveyed by 2013, the Nets get second-round picks in 2013 and 2015) via Marcus Williams trade on 7/22/08.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/DraftPickDebt.asp#ixzz0xlwAyh4N

and by most you mean one pick, that is lottery protected and considering the GS track record I wouldn't be shocked if the do not make the playoffs by 2013 and that pick turns into 2nd rounders. Oh and a mid 20s pick from Dallas...

beasted86
08-26-2010, 11:18 PM
That team is ready in a year or two so when Brooklyn comes they would be ready and by that time what's a year or two you gotta figure the Lakers and Heat own the next two years unless CP3 jumps ship to follow Melo.

So if he's smart he won't be really greedy and see that what's a year or two when you're talking about championships and possible dynasty (CP3? other piece? Favors?)....

I understand your point of view, but I just hope you understood that team isn't ready.

I think these guys are impatient and want to win right now. They are seeing Kobe loading up for a possible 3 peat, and Wade, LeBon, and Bosh down in South Beach loading up for multiple runs, and they want that too. They want 5-6 years of back to back NBA finals/conference finals. Even if they don't win it, they want to be expected to be right back there the next season just like those Detroit teams were. Consistent contenders.

VinceCarter
08-26-2010, 11:19 PM
and by most you mean one pick, that is lottery protected and considering the GS track record I wouldn't be shocked if the do not make the playoffs by 2013 and that pick turns into 2nd rounders. Oh and a mid 20s pick from Dallas...

We have another pick that's protected only 1-7 from Golden State. Ends up becoming less protected until something like 2015. I think that one definitley would be appealing. And come on Ellis, Curry, Lee, and Biedrins is not a bottom 7 team for years to come.

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 11:45 PM

It may not be their only shot, but it's definitely their best. I'm doubtful that Favors alone would be enough to outbid the competition.

d_ramirez1
08-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Denver gets:
Ben Gordon
Tayshaun prince
Austin daye
Jason maxiel
Rodney stuckey
Picks

Detroit gets:
Carmelo
Balkman
Billups
Jr smith

cheetos185
08-26-2010, 11:53 PM
this is another bluff attempt by denver so ny nj and houstan outbid each other

SouthSideRookie
08-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Denver gets:
Ben Gordon
Tayshaun prince
Austin daye
Jason maxiel
Rodney stuckey
Picks

Detroit gets:
Carmelo
Balkman
Billups
Jr smith

Ramirez, you forgot to put The Palace and Hooper again :)

DenButsu
08-26-2010, 11:58 PM
this is another bluff attempt by denver so ny nj and houstan outbid each other

:laugh2:

Dude, do you even know who Adrian Wojnarowski is or anything about his background?

d_ramirez1
08-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Ramirez, you forgot to put The Palace and Hooper again :)

Dam dude get of my nuts!

saintdrew
08-27-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm just wondering if the Hornets have a chance. I mean they could do a trade like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28sb3pp

If I'm the Hornets front office, I'm throwing out the full-house right now for Melo.

SouthSideRookie
08-27-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm just wondering if the Hornets have a chance. I mean they could do a trade like this:

If I'm the Hornets front office, I'm throwing out the full-house right now for Melo.

It would make a whole lot more sense if he went there than NY, mainly due to CP3.

oak2455
08-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Has Melo been traded???

ballpd05
08-27-2010, 01:14 AM
I don't know why he is so unhappy. Denver actually has a really good team. They are in that class that is right under LA, Miami, and Boston in my opinion.

I think they just had some bad breaks last year, but I don't know that unless they help organize a superteam like in Miami that there is another team that he can go to and make that much better.

TheGsw
08-27-2010, 01:14 AM

Carmel would rather be on a team like this:
Stephen Curry
Reggie Williams or Dorell Wright
Carmelo Anthony
David Lee
Andris Biedrins

Draco
08-27-2010, 01:25 AM
We have another pick that's protected only 1-7 from Golden State. Ends up becoming less protected until something like 2015. I think that one definitley would be appealing. And come on Ellis, Curry, Lee, and Biedrins is not a bottom 7 team for years to come.

I see one or the other listed on various sites but I'm not sure how it's possible. I thought it was against the rules for a team to trade their own back to back (2011, 2012) first round draft picks. Are either of these picks from GS coming via another team?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/DraftPickDebt.asp#ixzz0xlwAyh4N

2012 first round draft pick from Golden State
Golden State's own 2012 1st round pick to New Jersey (top 7 protected in the 2012 Draft, top 7 protected in 2013, and top 6 protected in the 2014 Draft). However, if New Jersey has not yet received this first round pick by the 2014 draft, then New Jersey shall instead receive: (i) Golden State's own 2014 2nd round pick and (ii) Golden State's own 2016 2nd round pick.
http://www.******.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

TheGsw
08-27-2010, 01:30 AM
You don't get it do you?

Honestly Warriors or Houston have a good shot but who knows?

Him going to the Nets just for Lopez?

To the Clips for Gordon and Griffin? Look at their five! Not really good.

Rockets have the pieces but would they give up Brooks?

Warriors can offer Ellis/Biedrins or you can throw in Brandan Wright and expirings if the Dubs have to.

Robbw241
08-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Carmel would rather be on a team like this:
Stephen Curry
Reggie Williams or Dorell Wright
Carmelo Anthony
David Lee
Andris Biedrins

Oh so you and Melo are boys huh?

TheGsw
08-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Fasho cuddy, I'm at his house right now. We hella lit right now ya feel?

Run&Gun
08-27-2010, 02:17 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ce9z69

This is a pretty good trade from the warriors, and just throw in some future picks.

This way Denver gets some front court help, three young players Ellis a scoring machine, and Wright and Udoh. Neither of Udoh or Wright are probably going to ever be more than a role player but it shores up their PF spot for them and both of those guys are pretty versatile for their position.

Staring lineups
GSW
PG: Curry
SG: Reggie Williams
SF: Melo
PF: Lee
C: Biedrins

Nuggets
PG: Billups
SG: Monta
SF: Balkman
PF: Harrington
C: Nene

Balkman sucks but with the pieces that GSW gives them they can get another SF and the smaller expiring contracts would give Denver more flexibility.

dayreezy
08-27-2010, 02:44 AM
"The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said. The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver"

"Golden State and Houston are contenders, too. What’s more, the Charlotte Bobcats are a sleeper because of Anthony’s Brand Jordan shoe deal and the team’s ability to give the Nuggets a salary-dump proposal."

time to update that lil pole of yours... all nets have is draft picks, lopez, harris and now murphy... i dont see them parting with lopez and they have billups so harris wouldnt fit... clips i cant see them giving up griffin, or gordon... maybe kaman and aminu or jordan but the salaries dont add up... warriors can give up ellis and beidrins and radmanovic as a exp contract plus a 1st round... contracts add up... rockets and bobcats have a few pieces as well....... bottom line i dont see denver giving up melo for nothing....

HornetsSolution
08-27-2010, 03:09 AM

We should keep West since the Nuggets will be rebuilding. They mostly want expiring and picks. Alot of people is sleeping on the Hornets anyway, just completely ignoring Paul relationship with Melo and the fact that GM/Owners talk to Paul about players they want to aquire.

ballpd05
08-27-2010, 03:11 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ce9z69

This is a pretty good trade from the warriors, and just throw in some future picks.

This way Denver gets some front court help, three young players Ellis a scoring machine, and Wright and Udoh. Neither of Udoh or Wright are probably going to ever be more than a role player but it shores up their PF spot for them and both of those guys are pretty versatile for their position.

Staring lineups
GSW
PG: Curry
SG: Reggie Williams
SF: Melo
PF: Lee
C: Biedrins

Nuggets
PG: Billups
SG: Monta
SF: Balkman
PF: Harrington
C: Nene

Balkman sucks but with the pieces that GSW gives them they can get another SF and the smaller expiring contracts would give Denver more flexibility.

Its good for the warriors but terrible for denver. That is nowhere near a playoff team.

king_couttsy
08-27-2010, 04:20 AM
Its good for the warriors but terrible for denver. That is nowhere near a playoff team.

My thoughts, too. We end up with a team that sucks balls, and you get our best player.

I'm interested in the Warriors, Nets and Houston. Edit: and the Clippers, too.

Oh - and I can't get over the NYK fans. Seriously - he is NOT going to NY this year, unless you make some miracles happen, and trade the crap on your roster for some draft picks and good young players.

Personally, I hope Amare is left to play there by himself...

abe_froman
08-27-2010, 04:33 AM
I see one or the other listed on various sites but I'm not sure how it's possible. I thought it was against the rules for a team to trade their own back to back (2011, 2012) first round draft picks. Are either of these picks from GS coming via another team?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/DraftPickDebt.asp#ixzz0xlwAyh4N

http://www.******.com/src_future_draftpicks.php
no,it doesnt matter who's pick it originally was(yours or someone else's),just that the team has to have a pick

Draco
08-27-2010, 07:28 AM
no,it doesnt matter who's pick it originally was(yours or someone else's),just that the team has to have a pick

Does GS have any other first round picks in either 2011 or 2012? I didn't see any mentioned on Real GMs list.

knicksfan42
08-27-2010, 08:37 AM
good young players.

Danilio Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, Toney Douglas, Landry Fields.

Niro
08-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Does GS have any other first round picks in either 2011 or 2012? I didn't see any mentioned on Real GMs list.

they cant trade any first round pick right now...maybe the one in 2016 or something but not 2011,2012,2013

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 09:47 AM
except no player says he'd like to play in Houston!!!

players always say they'd like to play for NY, most of them use it as leverage though.

But I can understand why cp3 would want to join if NY already had melo and amare....and parker wants to join NY b/c he wants to be with his best friend (Thierry Henry).

That all good but don't count a player as a Knick if he's not one.

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 09:51 AM

The most realistic article thus far

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Denver Gets:
Tayshaun Prince
Richard Hamilton
Austin Daye
Jason Maxiel
Terico White
Picks

Detroit Gets:
Melo
Kenyon Matin
JR Smith

This is the funniest proposal yet:crazy:

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Warriors trade: Ellis, Biedrins, B.Wright.
Nuggets trade: Melo, Jr Smith.

That's decent but the salary wouldn't match up

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I love how the Pistons arent on that list lol. They got space and have been shopping Rip and Prince(who is another SF). That could easily be a done deal only if Melo would sign an extension. Even though the Pistons would need another piece for Melo to even accept going there.

The Nuggets want young players and draft picks

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:13 AM
If the Nuggets want rid of JR Smith as well, how about this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=342wh93

Throw in a 1st rounder from the Knicks.

Why do Knick fans keep talking about giving up a 1st Rounder, you all dont have any for 4 years

Jets012
08-27-2010, 10:15 AM
The Nuggets want young players and draft picks

yea so wouldnt that make the nets, clippers, and warriors the favorites

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:19 AM
You don't get it do you?

This is silly to think that we're gonna lose our entire backcourt when we have all these draft picks and expirings to give up. We might lose Martin but not Brooks, Denver is already stacked and we would probably get J.R. Smith with Melo also. So Houston should look like this:
PG:Aaron Brooks
SG:J.R. Smith
SF:Carmelo Anthony

Jets012
08-27-2010, 10:25 AM
You don't get it do you?

Nets are not giving up lopez in any deal

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Have you ever heard the term " Nothing personal, it's business". Well that's exactly what the NBA is and it's gonna be kinda hard for Amare who just got a 100M to tell Melo to leave his money on the table and come to NY.

Khalifa21
08-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Why do Knick fans keep talking about giving up a 1st Rounder, you all dont have any for 4 years

You do realise you have to have a 1st round pick at least every other year...

We have a first round pick this year, either ours or Houston's depending on the records. Houston has our first rounder in 2012 and then we still have our 2013 and 2014 first rounders...

So, looks like you're wrong pal.

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Why isn't the Miami Heat on the poll?

They need to be added. Nobody can count out the mastermind Pat Riley.

Stop the madness!!!!

Khalifa21
08-27-2010, 10:39 AM
This is silly to think that we're gonna lose our entire backcourt when we have all these draft picks and expirings to give up. We might lose Martin but not Brooks, Denver is already stacked and we would probably get J.R. Smith with Melo also. So Houston should look like this:
PG:Aaron Brooks
SG:J.R. Smith
SF:Carmelo Anthony

What part of you thinks the Nuggets want anything to do with Martin? He's 27 so he's not exactly "young talent" and is on a pretty restricting contract ($36m over the next three years). If the Rockets want any hope of getting Melo, Brooks will be involved in a deal. If you want JR Smith as well Martin may be involved for salary purposes.

As for you're proposed Martin and Battier for Melo and JR... :facepalm:

The Rockets get one thing from that and that's Battier's $7m expiring. They can get a lot more from other teams.

Khalifa21
08-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Nets are not giving up lopez in any deal

And I assume they wouldn't be willing to sacrifice Favors for a one year rental of Melo, so they could be out of the running.

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Denver gets:
Ben Gordon
Tayshaun prince
Austin daye
Jason maxiel
Rodney stuckey
Picks

Detroit gets:
Carmelo
Balkman
Billups
Jr smith

You are nutz

Jets012
08-27-2010, 10:44 AM
And I assume they wouldn't be willing to sacrifice Favors for a one year rental of Melo, so they could be out of the running.

well didnt melo say he is willing to sign a 3 year 65 million extension with the knicks, rockets, and nets so it likely wouldnt be a one year rental. Also if the nets were to deal for him it would most likely include Favors or Twill with murphy, and damion james and future first round picks.

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 10:47 AM
yea so wouldnt that make the nets, clippers, and warriors the favorites

No that would make Houston the favorite with NJ in 2nd place.

Khalifa21
08-27-2010, 10:50 AM
well didnt melo say he is willing to sign a 3 year 65 million extension with the knicks, rockets, and nets so it likely wouldnt be a one year rental. Also if the nets were to deal for him it would most likely include Favors or Twill with murphy, and damion james and future first round picks.

I haven't heard anything from Melo about definitely signing an extension with any other team than the Knicks, but maybe that's just because i've missed something.

If he signed the extension before, then I think the Nets would definitely be willing to give up Favors and/or T-Will, but will just have to wait and see.

twoearl
08-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I am still confused as to why Melo would want to go to Houston? I think he is just saying that to drive his price up for NY. Even if they just signed him outright next summer they still couldn't beat LA. Yao is never healthy and without Yao they are basically on the same level as Denver...

Heater4life
08-27-2010, 10:57 AM
this is going to the trade deadline. any team making a deal now is ridiculous. Denver just saw teams like Phoenix, Utah, Cleveland, Toronto, get left with nothing. they wont take that risk if Carmelo is truly telling them he wants out. If smart teams wait it out to the deadline, Denver will have there back on the wall to make a less desirable deal or convince Melo to stay. Either way, the leverage will switch in favor of the team attempting to aquire Melo.

I hope the Knicks. But i think the Nets have the assets to aquire him and still have solid talent on the roster. Knicks not so much.

SouthSideRookie
08-27-2010, 11:03 AM
My thoughts, too. We end up with a team that sucks balls, and you get our best player.

I'm interested in the Warriors, Nets and Houston. Edit: and the Clippers, too.

Oh - and I can't get over the NYK fans. Seriously - he is NOT going to NY this year, unless you make some miracles happen, and trade the crap on your roster for some draft picks and good young players.

Personally, I hope Amare is left to play there by himself...

Dude just ignore the NY fans, seriously they just dont get it. But on Carmelo, Denver isn't realistically going to get equal value in return for him, but they should be able to get a few nice young pieces and draft picks.

xM1GSx
08-27-2010, 11:11 AM
nj nets

SouthSideRookie
08-27-2010, 11:11 AM
What part of you thinks the Nuggets want anything to do with Martin? He's 27 so he's not exactly "young talent" and is on a pretty restricting contract ($36m over the next three years). If the Rockets want any hope of getting Melo, Brooks will be involved in a deal. If you want JR Smith as well Martin may be involved for salary purposes.

The Rockets get one thing from that and that's Battier's $7m expiring. They can get a lot more from other teams.

The Rockets have a TE that they would use for JR Smith for example, IF the Rockets feel that they can take a gamble on him for this season, they can take him off Denvers hand with the TE in a seperate deal since the TE can be used only on one player.

SouthSideRookie
08-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I haven't heard anything from Melo about definitely signing an extension with any other team than the Knicks, but maybe that's just because i've missed something.

If he signed the extension before, then I think the Nets would definitely be willing to give up Favors and/or T-Will, but will just have to wait and see.

Carmelo is going to sign an extension more than likely, he was going to do it regardless if he had stayed in Denver or demanded a trade like he's supposedely done..no one knows for sure who will have the better package that will satisfy Denver..But what is pretty obvious is that the Knicks really dont have too much of a chance due to not having enough assets.

awmathewsjr
08-27-2010, 11:30 AM

First off I never said Martin, Battier for J.R., Melo. And the reason I said J.R. would be part of the deal is because he's been a problem child for them, they're lookin to get rid of him and what would be better leverage for a team to take him than Melo. The reason they would want Martin is because if they lose J.R. and Melo they have no scorers and Martin is a 20 a night guy. We'd be willing to deal Brooks but why would Denver want him when they already have 2 quality point guards. Do you think they're really gonna go after Brooks to bring him off the bench and make Ty Lawson 3rd string, doesn't make sense.

I think it will be:
Rockets get
SF Melo $17,149,243
SG J.R. Smith $6,757,851

Nuggets get
C J.Jeffries $6,883,800 (expiring)
SF Battier $7,354,400 (expiring)
SG K.Martin $10,600,005 (only one year older than Melo, avg 20ppg)
PF P.Patterson $1,823,280 (Rookie from Kentucky, loads of potential)
2011 1st round pick(with the rights to swap with NY)