Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 05:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5493423

Gators123
08-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Great news for The Rockets

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Nice, I like Yao. Whne healthy hes the 2nd best Center in the league, best offensive.

clutchfan
08-24-2010, 05:16 PM

nuggetsyankees
08-24-2010, 05:17 PM
this doesn't take away the fact that he's injury prone he's still gonna get injured in the season

John Walls Era
08-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Good. Can't wait to see him in action.

Jays Claw
08-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Good to hear.

Yao Ming (healthy) + Aaron Brooks (improved) + Kevin Martin (focused/disciplined) = 7/8 seed.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Good to hear.

Yao Ming (healthy) + Aaron Brooks (improved) + Kevin Martin (focused/disciplined) = 7/8 seed.

try 3-4 seed

TheTakeOver24
08-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Big fan... hope he stays healthy

tredigs
08-24-2010, 05:23 PM
The landscape of the West just changed. The Rockets are now legitimate contenders entering the season.

JordansBulls
08-24-2010, 05:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5493423

:clap:

Jays Claw
08-24-2010, 05:28 PM
This is the last of Melo on the Nuggets. ;)

What does Carmelo Anthony have to do with the Rockets and Yao Ming? :confused:

Oakley's Fist
08-24-2010, 05:28 PM
How is that an ignorant opinion? The guy has had issues staying healthy for 4 years straight.

king4day
08-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Good to hear.

they'll be much better than a 7/8 if all that happens. I don't think they've had a SG like Martin during the era of Yao.

Htownballa1622
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
^it's just a reality check...apparently i'm not the only ignorant one

Yeah.saying he DEFINITELY will get inured this year is true right? Or wanting someone to get inured.that's pathetic:facepalm:

Htownballa1622
08-24-2010, 05:33 PM

Stay on topic and please don't make me report you.

Saying yao ming WILL GET inured isnt baiting or its ok right? Go ahead.

Klivlend
08-24-2010, 05:34 PM

Stay on topic and please don't make me report you.

Are you serious?

I'm really happy to hear this news. I have never been more excited for an NBA season. There are so many story lines to follow and so many talented teams. I wonder how far the Rockets can go this year if Yao can stay healthy?

And, I wonder who is more likely to play 70+ games this season, Greg Oden or Yao Ming?

Gators123
08-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Only on PSD can a thread about Yao Mings foot being healed turn into a argument before the thread even reaches 2 pages.

Htownballa1622
08-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Are you serious?

I'm really happy to hear this news. I have never been more excited for an NBA season. There are so many story lines to follow and so many talented teams. I wonder how far the Rockets can go this year if Yao can stay healthy?

And, I wonder who is more likely to play 70+ games this season, Greg Oden or Yao Ming?

I hope both.I'm tired of injuries hurting teams.but that's nba for ya

asandhu23
08-24-2010, 05:37 PM
**** yes. :clap: :clap: my favorite non Warriors player

ZebraCity916
08-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Rockets are gonna be exciting to watch this year. I hope Yao stays healthy.

Bluffmasta
08-24-2010, 05:42 PM

what i think he is trying to say is that Melo will now commit to accepting a trade to the rockets and signing an extension because Yao will be healthy, idk y he would want to play there over the knicks if Yao wasnt 100%.

Htownballa1622
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
How is that an ignorant opinion? The guy has had issues staying healthy for 4 years straight.

Saying yao WILL get inured is HIS ignorant opinion.is it likely?.possibly yes.but saying he WILL? come on man.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
alright, back on topic. How does this change the landscape of the western conference?

asandhu23
08-24-2010, 05:45 PM

Yao Ming. hands down.

Htownballa1622
08-24-2010, 05:46 PM
what i think he is trying to say is that Melo will now commit to accepting a trade to the rockets and signing an extension because Yao will be healthy, idk y he would want to play there over the knicks if Yao wasnt 100%.

Along those lines(hopefully).thanks.well said.

Baller1
As a fan of a team in the West, this sucks.

As a fan of Yao, good to hear.

asandhu23
alright, back on topic. How does this change the landscape of the western conference?

Turns Houston into a power house. Number 11 is back :D

Baller1
08-24-2010, 05:47 PM

Dramatically.

Now there are 7 teams with the potential/chance to win 55-60 games.

Khalifa21
08-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Great to see him back. I'm really rooting for him to kill it next year. I love me some Yao.

Htownballa1622
08-24-2010, 05:48 PM

My fault.i think lakers are still on top but now throw houston in mix of dallas portland and thunder maybe jazz as teams that can make noise.nuggets if melo stays.

asandhu23
08-24-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.nba.com/rockets/roster/ damn. sick *** team

clutchfan
08-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Yao's workout today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOu6agcJMA&feature=player_embedded

Reyes6
08-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Lol at Chuck Hayes.

boriquaabe
08-24-2010, 06:01 PM
This only delays the inevitable. when you have a 7 footer that is having foot problems at such a young age it isn't a good thing. There is just way to much stress on the feet. If he was lighter and if his frame wasn't so wide he would fare much better. The same goes for Oden. His feet just aren't meant to absorb the amount of pressure that the rest of the body puts on the feet.

There is one exception though and that's Shaq. Although he developed his foot problems a little later than the other 2 players mentioned. He had serious career threatening foot issues that never amounted to anything serious. But he's an exception IMO. They should both find out who Shaq's orthopedic doctor is and what he did.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-24-2010, 06:01 PM
It changes how they look in the regular season but in the playoffs I don't see them doin anything besides putting a scare into LA and the upper seeded teams. Yao and Tmac even though they played sparingly together with Van Gundy is a much better team IMO.

Reyes6
08-24-2010, 06:03 PM
This only delays the inevitable. when you have a 7 footer that is having foot problems at such a young age it isn't a good thing. There is just way to much stress on the feet. If he was lighter and if his frame wasn't so wide he would fare much better. The same goes for Oden. His feet just aren't meant to absorb the amount of pressure that the rest of the body puts on the feet.

There is one exception though and that's Shaq. Although he developed his foot problems a little later than the other 2 players mentioned. He has serious career threatening foot issues that never amounted to anything serious. But he's an exception IMO.

Well he's just had surgery and has been rehabbing for over a year. So I'm looking forward to a hopeful healthy season for the Rockets.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I for one am excited to go to the Rockets games this year and see a good team again

nanablvd
08-24-2010, 06:04 PM
glad to hear. He is a man of class, hopefully he has a longer career than everyone assumes.

shep33
08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Good news for the Rockets. I'm guessing they get a 5-7 seed next year. They still can't contend with the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, or OKC IMO, not even with Yao back.

Their biggest weakness was their defense. It was very bad last year, and with Martin and Brooks that's a very small/thin backcourt, which bigger guards will just eat up. Put it this way, when they play the Lakers who is going to guard kobe? You have to put Martin on him because if they move Battier to guard kobe, the Lakers just counter with Martin playing on Artest, where Ron has like 100lbs on him.

Their defense is what worries me the most, they went from one of the better defensive teams to one of the worst last year, I think they were like 21-22nd giving up 103ppg. If they fix that then they're much better, but just the addition of Yao won't make them contenders yet.

SA5195
08-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Nice to hear. But sadly he'll get injured again, hopefully not though.

greek miami hea
08-24-2010, 06:07 PM
its glad he is healthy cause he is a very good player...the rockets could take the 5th seed in the west....but with or without yao i still dont think that the rockets have any shot on the title

thescore53
08-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Good to hear.

more like 3/4 seed

nuggetsyankees
08-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Nice to hear. But sadly he'll get injured again, hopefully not though.

so i'm not the only one who thinks that :eyebrow: :punish

thescore53
08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
they'll be much better than a 7/8 if all that happens. I don't think they've had a SG like Martin during the era of Yao.

really ??

Sir Buckets
08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Good to hear:clap: :)

Reyes6
08-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Good news for the Rockets. I'm guessing they get a 5-7 seed next year. They still can't contend with the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, or OKC IMO, not even with Yao back.

Their biggest weakness was their defense. It was very bad last year, and with Martin and Brooks that's a very small/thin backcourt, which bigger guards will just eat up. Put it this way, when they play the Lakers who is going to guard kobe? You have to put Martin on him because if they move Battier to guard kobe, the Lakers just counter with Martin playing on Artest, where Ron has like 100lbs on him.

Their defense is what worries me the most, they went from one of the better defensive teams to one of the worst last year, I think they were like 21-22nd giving up 103ppg. If they fix that then they're much better, but just the addition of Yao won't make them contenders yet.

I think a big part of that was the fact that they had a 6'6 center and played a fast paced offense with Yao gone. And also played small ball since they knew they couldn't compete with height.

As for matching up against the Thunder/Lakers/Spurs/Mavs etc... They actually play very well against the Thunder. Lakers they always give a good game. Spurs still need to find a way to effectively use RJ and Mavs and Rockets match up quite well.

We'll have to wait and see.

boriquaabe
08-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Well he's just had surgery and has been rehabbing for over a year. So I'm looking forward to a hopeful healthy season for the Rockets.

I hear you. Look nobody has been a bigger Yao fan than myself. I love his game. He is so talented for his size and where he comes from. But the anatomy just doesn't work in his favor. But it's 2010 so you never now. Anytime I hear about a 7 footer with foot problems I just cringe. It's a shame really that a guy like Yao and Oden who are great guys and work hard have to deal with this.

boriquaabe
08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
The one thing I would recommend to Adelmen is to bring him along at a snails pace. Try and buy time. Because against the Lakers Scola and Yao could gove Bynum and Gasol a ton of trouble. But then you have got Kevin Martin to worry about who is also injury prone. I don't know if this is the year for the Rockets. This season should just be about seeing if Yao could make it through the whole year healthy. That would be a big win in itself. And then the following year adjust the roster accordingly. I don't see the Rockets as anything more than a 7 or 8 seed.

Will Brooks have to change his style of play with Yao on the floor?

Will Martin stay healthy?

Will Yao stay healthy?

Those are big questions....

astrosmaniac
08-24-2010, 06:32 PM

yao was the big reason the D was so bad. yao isnt the greatest shot blocker, but his size affects shots, which is just as good as a block. without yao, we didn't have anyone over like 6'8" for the first half of the season who was any good. the rockets led the league in charges because that was the only way to protect the paint. with yao back they will be much better defensively. as well they went out and got Lee, a good young SG who can defend. him and or lowry will get time on the wings to help on D

wileyisTOFU
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Next season gonna be off the chain

nacdaddy
08-24-2010, 06:49 PM
beware haters!!!

Avenged
08-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Now all the Rockets have to hope for is that Yao comes back the same as before.

An injury that leaves you out for that long definitely takes it's toll but hopefully Yao hasn't lost a step.

As a Laker fan, I'm actually really looking forward to it. For over a year all we have heard was how the Rockets would have beat the Lakers if Yao didn't go down. *:rolleyes:*

So them finally being healthy is a plus in my book.

Verbal Christ
08-24-2010, 07:00 PM
hey will one of you Miss Cleo mofo's please run those winning lottery numbers for me, since you seem to be able to forecast his health. the internet is a beautiful thing you see, plug a guys name into a search engine VOILA tons of information. educate yourselves before trying so hard to sound smart, that you end up sounding dumb. yao had a mishapen foot, never got the correct procedure, Zydrunas Ilgauskas had the SAME EXACT surgery and ever since he never had foot problems again. Yao has literally millions of people counting on him, and they rushed the surgeries, the other major leg injury resulted when an opposing player landed on his leg after going up for a board and snapped his tibia, i expect an imposing yao, maybe not a dominant yao, but will teams really single cover a 7'6 310 lb monster because they think he's lost it, is injury prone or is soft??? I PRAY THEY DO. Lets go Melo you're the missing piece.

td0tsfinest
08-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Great news, Can't wait to see him back in action.

jiggin
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
we shall see. he is a big dude and moves very funny already. All it takes is a wrong plant and its back on the shelf. He didn't move very quickly before...I wonder if this will slow him anymore. His side shuffle on defense (not that centers have much) or slide to help weak side may be hindered too...we shall see.

He spent a lot of time back home where they engineered him from a petri dish.

They can rebuild him, they have the technology.

Kashmir13579
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
yea man...

Verbal Christ
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOu6agcJMA&feature=player_embedded

check out the video ... doesnt really look like a guy who is hobbling to me. considering his size i think he moves quite well, and in a half court set the guy is game changing.

clutchfan
08-24-2010, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JMuMQDm7vM&feature=player_embedded

Every play from Yao's workout today. Good and bad.

NYY NYJ NYK
08-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Good to hear,

Hopefully he has a big year

AddiX
08-24-2010, 07:34 PM
I hope it is, he is a heck of a player and changes the game dramatically.

But I don't believe it. Saying it's %100 healed is a lot easier than playing a full-season. Especially when your the size he is. Big men don't recover from injuries %100 most of the time.

alencp3
08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
With healty Yao they can beat the Lakers

beasted86
08-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Good for him.

Still think he's done being a top 10 talent in the NBA.

Chronz
08-24-2010, 07:59 PM

They were mediocre on both ends last year, hence the mediocre record.

shep33
08-24-2010, 08:44 PM
I think a big part of that was the fact that they had a 6'6 center and played a fast paced offense with Yao gone. And also played small ball since they knew they couldn't compete with height.

As for matching up against the Thunder/Lakers/Spurs/Mavs etc... They actually play very well against the Thunder. Lakers they always give a good game. Spurs still need to find a way to effectively use RJ and Mavs and Rockets match up quite well.

We'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, that could be one of the reasons. Hopefully he stays healthy. I also think their perimeter defense isn't as strong as it was a couple years ago though. Martin is still gonna have a very tough time guarding bigger guards. When Artest was on the Rockets, that was the most disgusting perimeter defense I'd seen in a long time. He and Battier were both arguably the 2 best perimeter defenders in the league. Hopefully they're better this year though. Battier is getting older too, but still I can't comment on his defense just cause I haven't seen the Rockets play in a while.

Another thing is, I'm just not that big on Kevin Martin, I really liked Landry a lot too. Kevin Martin to me, would be a great 6th man who is capable of dropping 16-20 points off the bench. Just don't like the Rockets size if he starts with Brooks in the backcourt. I dunno maybe i'm wrong, but we'll see what happens. Most important thing is that Yao doesn't get hurt again... because his injury isn't one in which it heals and everythings fine. He has weakness in his feet, and they're vulnerable to breaking, so it might be something that plague's him the rest of his career. Which it already has in reality.

Bishnoff
08-24-2010, 09:24 PM
If Yao can stay healthy, watch out for the Rockets.

Supreme LA
08-24-2010, 09:33 PM
this doesn't take away the fact that he's injury prone he's still gonna get injured in the season

I wish I had your crystal ball. That way, I could see how Andrew Bynum will fare this season. :rolleyes:

Back to the topic, I'm really glad for Yao and this definitely changes the outlook for the Rockets season if he comes back to start the season in regular form.

HouRealCoach
08-24-2010, 09:37 PM
HOPEFULLY they trade Lee, Jeffries, Hill, Pick for someone like Iggy

But Yao, Brooks, Martin, Scola are all stars IMO

ink
08-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Good to hear that he's back.

FOBolous
08-25-2010, 01:59 AM

OKC is so overrated it's not even funny :rolleyes: a Yao-less Rockets took LA to 7 games while a fully loaded OKC team only took them to 6.

anyways...

Rockets' record against said team this past season WITHOUT Yao:

OKC...3-1
LA...1-3
DAL...2-2
Spurs...2-2

with the exception of the Lakers, the Rockets played all of the teams you mentioned VERY well this past season WITHOUT Yao and, in some games, without Kevin Martin. so tell me again how a Rockets team with a healthy Yao can't compete with those teams.

Chacarron
08-25-2010, 02:15 AM
Hopefully he plays against us in the first game of the regular season.

Antipod
08-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Healthy?? Ok, but for how long? I rly doubt that he`ll play 70+ games this year.

Hellcrooner
08-25-2010, 03:10 AM
hope is true Pau needs some REALk competition for the best SKILLED big man.

Jewelz0376
08-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Its good to hear...he's a good guy and you can't help but root for him... with that said with a healthy Yao, scola, battier, martin, and ab they got a solid starting lineup..When you add budinger, lee, and miller coming off the bench I could def see the Rockets get the 2nd seed... If Yao can stay somewhat healthy

LTBaByyy
08-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Its good to hear...he's a good guy and you can't help but root for him... with that said with a healthy Yao, scola, battier, martin, and ab they got a solid starting lineup..When you add budinger, lee, and miller coming off the bench I could def see the Rockets get the 2nd seed... If Yao can stay somewhat healthy

2Nd?!?!?! Wow

thekmp211
08-25-2010, 08:24 AM
healthy rockets are dangerous. i could see them taking any team in the west not named the clippers.

however....i have a bad feeling about yao's health prospects. hopefully he can follow in big z's footsteps and stay healthy.

DaBUU
08-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Has he retired from the Chinese national team yet? that will go a long way toward keeping him healthy.

SouthSideRookie
08-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Has he retired from the Chinese national team yet? that will go a long way toward keeping him healthy.

Yes he did .

blazerman
08-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Big trouble in little China is back, good to see. The Rockets fans should really be estatic for that and if he stays healthy it could certainly be the difference for Melo to determine if the Rockets are the team he wants to play for.

Hopefully Oden and Yao can stay on the court all season and have the impacts that we know they can. I'd look forward to another Houston/Portland matchup but with a different result of course.

Mplsman
08-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Wow it feels like forever since he has played.