PDA

View Full Version : Rondo Cut From Team USA

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:10 PM
ATHENS, Greece -- Somebody is going to get cut from Team USA after Wednesday night's exhibition game against Greece, and Rajon Rondo has no illusions about where he stands.

"I think I'm on the bubble," Rondo said Tuesday. "Just looking at the obvious -- I got a DNP last game. That pretty much speaks for itself."

After losing his job as the starting point guard to Derrick Rose last weekend in Madrid, Rondo's stock has fallen to the point where it now appears he is third on the point guard depth chart behind Rose and Russell Westbrook.

But Rondo is not the lone player on the bubble, a fact Danny Granger acknowledged.

"I just think it really depends on what the coaches want from the team," Granger said at the OAKA Arena after the American team practiced in the very same building where the 2004 Olympic team received their bronze medals. "If we take more of a defensive approach, I could be [on the bubble]. If we take more of an offensive approach, then it's different. It just depends on what they want to do."

Coach Mike Krzyzewski said he will go with the same starting lineup against Greece that he used in Sunday's one-point victory over Spain, using Rose at the point, Chauncey Billups at shooting guard, Kevin Durant at small forward, Andre Iguodala at power forward and Lamar Odom at center.

Coach K also said he would try to give all 13 players some playing time, as long as circumstances permit it.

When pressed on who may or may not be on the bubble, Krzyzewski gave a very strong indication that Stephen Curry is not.

Rondo Just looking at the obvious -- I got a DNP last game. That pretty much speaks for itself.
” -- Rajon Rondo

"It's not so much what Rajon has to show, it's what our team needs. We've found a good lineup, and the international game is so different from the NBA game, you can ask any of these guys," Krzyzewski said. "Part of it is to make sure that we try not to have two non-shooters out on the court, and there's the physicality, too.

"Derrick right now being with Chauncey is a good [combination], and Stephen, he provides a different thing, because if they are going under [screens] and they keep going under on him, then he has a 3. So it forces another team to change the way they defend our team. So it's things like that, and how we feel strategy-wise what'll be best for the team."

Rondo played poorly (1 of 4, two points, one assist, four turnovers) in the Americans' game against Lithuania on Saturday in which they failed to establish a fast pace and scored just seven points in the first quarter. Rondo and Tyson Chandler were replaced by Rose and Odom in the starting five the following night against Spain.

Rondo's knack for rebounding works in his favor, but his inability to consistently hit jump shots and free throws -- he was 5 of 19 (26 percent) in the NBA Finals -- are two of the factors working against him.

Another is the team's lack of size.

Odom, Chandler and Kevin Love are the only players who play power forward or center on their NBA teams, which has forced the Americans to use Granger, Rudy Gay, and Iguodala at the 4 spot from time to time.

Also, despite the fact that Billups and Curry are playing at shooting guard, both are the primary ballhandlers on their NBA teams, as are Rose, Westbrook and Rondo. And a team with five point guards (along with a sixth guard in Eric Gordon, who has been one of the most consistent players in practice) could be viewed as a team with a key structural flaw.

"I'm confident," said Love, who sat out Sunday night's game against Spain after sustaining a mild concussion the previous night against Lithuania when he tried to draw a charge and banged the back of his head against the floor. "I've been playing well in practice. I'm just hoping I get the opportunity, but I know there's a lot of great players that have a chance to make the [last] spot."

"But as far as the front line, I think a lot of people are saying we're thin. Even the coaches are saying that," Love said.

Whoever gets cut will be notified late Wednesday night after the game against Greece and will be given a one-way plane ticket back to the United States. The remaining 12 players will travel on to Istanbul, where Team USA opens play in the World Championship on Saturday night against Croatia.

"It's what's best for the country," said Rondo, who said his DNP-CD (did not play -- coach's decision) Sunday was his first since his rookie NBA season. "It's part of it. We knew coming in it was still tryouts until we make the team that goes to Turkey."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=5492343

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 01:13 PM
awww what a dirty shame

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
so does that make the other thread about rondo had coach k's trust or whatever pretty much useless?

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 01:18 PM
I was really surprised to read that! I thought for sure it was going to be gordon and westbrook. Really surprised. I like Rondo better than most Bulls fans, probably due to my location. To me Rose should clearly be the starter, but Rondo being cut, even the DNP-CD, surprises me

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 01:19 PM
so does that make the other thread about rondo had coach k's thought or whatever pretty much useless?

has to, right? lol

djeller1139
08-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I bet Curry will get cut :sigh:

Ovratd1up
So much for sitting them because they were locks. I'm very surprised, I thought Rondo would start.

D Roses Bulls
has to, right? lol

lol..... yea probably, i had to edit that sentence and change thought into trust. had a long night yesterday and just woke up a little while ago so im still not fully awake and havent been able to still put my words together yet, lol. :)

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 01:23 PM
lol..... yea probably, i had to edit that sentence and change thought into trust. had a long night yesterday and just woke up a little while ago so im still not fully awake and havent been able to still put my words together yet, lol. :)

It's all good, we all knew what you meant/ we've all been there

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:24 PM
It's all good, we all knew what you meant/ we've all been there

i have been trying to find what you have as your sig forever, love the sig, lol but anyways back on topic for me.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
I am feeling pretty smart right now. Though I still do agree that he can be covered up, and could be used as a shutdown defender if a PG is killing Rose or Westbrook

Like I said, in the international game, its a scary thought to have a PG out there who can't shoot

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:27 PM
what does this say about rondo overall if he can't even make it on what everyone calls the B squad? does that diminish him as a player some or are some people still going to say to say no big deal, rondo is still better then rose and this is only the worlds?

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 01:27 PM
i have been trying to find what you have as your sig forever, love the sig, lol but anyways back on topic for me.

Thanks

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/124013/LEBRON-JAMES-JOAKIM-NOAH.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/05/lebron-james-joakim-noah_n_381500.html&usg=__dEDleCQyRx5QX60tdXv7ydsRw_E=&h=309&w=594&sz=70&hl=en&start=177&zoom=1&tbnid=v7LOjIlT8C0JQM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=184&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djoakim%2Bnoah%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1362% 26bih%3D600%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C3974&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=250&ei=uAB0TJn4LoK88gaV3vzxCA&oei=oAB0TKTaNMH88AbIwp2rCA&esq=11&page=9&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:177&tx=78&ty=65&biw=1362&bih=600

there you go! Isn't that a messed up link, I got it off google images

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I meant messed up in that if you see the link it is like a million characters long

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/124013/LEBRON-JAMES-JOAKIM-NOAH.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/05/lebron-james-joakim-noah_n_381500.html&usg=__dEDleCQyRx5QX60tdXv7ydsRw_E=&h=309&w=594&sz=70&hl=en&start=177&zoom=1&tbnid=v7LOjIlT8C0JQM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=184&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djoakim%2Bnoah%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1362% 26bih%3D600%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C3974&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=250&ei=uAB0TJn4LoK88gaV3vzxCA&oei=oAB0TKTaNMH88AbIwp2rCA&esq=11&page=9&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:177&tx=78&ty=65&biw=1362&bih=600

there you go! Isn't that a messed up link, I got it off google images

wow didnt know it was under images, lol but thanks for though for the link, i saved it :)

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 01:29 PM
what does this say about rondo overall if he can't even make it on what everyone calls the B squad? does that diminish him as a player some or are some people still going to say to say no big deal, rondo is still better then rose and this is only the worlds?

this does nothing. Like I said in the other thread (In which I was bashed for), Rondo isn't the typical international player. He is, and will continue to be, a great NBA player. But they pack it in internationally, and you get to use your hands and body in FIBA. In the NBA, Rondo is a top 5 PG

Ovratd1up
08-24-2010, 01:30 PM

Has nothing to do with NBA play, he's just not a good fit for the Worlds.

Robbw241
08-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Rondo's been cut

WojYahooNBA

Team USA has cut Celtics guard Rajon Rondo.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

D Roses Bulls
this does nothing. Like I said in the other thread (In which I was bashed for), Rondo isn't the typical international player. He is, and will continue to be, a great NBA player. But they pack it in internationally, and you get to use your hands and body in FIBA. In the NBA, Rondo is a top 5 PG

ill agree with the bold statement. i think that is true. I always said i thought Lebron wasnt made for the international game as well and it kind of showed during the olympics where it was wade and then kobe as the best players on the team. you gotta have some kind of jumper if you are a guard or smaller player playing in this type of environment.

DaBUU
Has nothing to do with NBA play, he's just not a good fit for the Worlds.

It sort of has to do with NBA play. He can't shoot, its a probelm in FIBA and the NBA. Nlo matter the league, you'd like your PG to able to shoot the ball and hit his free throws.

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Rondo's been cut

wow, lol......

Robbw241
08-24-2010, 01:34 PM
per WojYahooNBA

Team USA has cut Celtics guard Rajon Rondo.

YankeeFan28
08-24-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525892

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm seriously shocked by this.

blams
08-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm not shocked by this.

Robbw241
08-24-2010, 01:36 PM
So much for him not playing because he was a lock lol.

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:36 PM
told you all that rose was gonna start

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 01:37 PM
I am accepting apologies at this time :)

Kidding. But as I said in the initial thread last week, when so many jumped me about Rondo's leadership and ability to run the offense, etc, etc.

THE INTERNATIONAL GAME EATS NON SHOOTING PG's ALIVE

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:37 PM
So much for him not playing because he was a lock lol.

lmao like some people were saying...... they must be doing this to themselves right now :facepalm:

Avenged
08-24-2010, 01:38 PM
I haven't been watching the games but I have been hearing nothing but praise for Rondo for his international play among PSD users. :confused:

bodupp311
per WojYahooNBA

:laugh:

geraptor
told you all that rose was gonna start

yeah after the game against spain it was inevitable :rolleyes:

bodupp311
08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
I haven't been watching the games but I have been hearing nothing but praise for Rondo for his international play among PSD users. :confused:

Key words: PSD users

Dagwood
<-- Surprised.

Hiphopopotamus
Wow! That is crazy, but I think Hawkeye is right, Rondo is great NBA player, but FIBA is different

D Roses Bulls

td0tsfinest
08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
lol. I guess Coach K doesn't trust him enough. It honestly seemed like the debate was between Westbrook and Curry, then Rondo just came out of nowhere.

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
yeah after the game against spain it was inevitable :rolleyes:

Rose played a very solid game. Alot of the shots that were going in and out are usually in. Dont hate on Team USA's starting PG.

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Rose played a very solid game. Alot of the shots that were going in and out are usually in. Dont hate on Team USA's starting PG.

:clap:

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM

:cheers::hi5:

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 01:42 PM
On one of the other threads, people were saying that Rose would be a fav for them if it wasn't for PSD Bulls fans, I think that is why Rondo's play may have been exaggerated on PSD----Rose backlash

geraptor

im not hating he just didnt impress me because i was really high on him before

tredigs
Really surprising to me, especially with how much better he ran the offense than the other points and how much K was raving about him. Making him a DNP when he's the teams best guard defender Rubio was out there tooling our point guards (well, Rose) makes this a very suspicious cut to me.

Though it is quite obvious that FIBA ball is much more long-distance shooting orientated, and in that sense he is on the lower tier of our guards.

Another thing is that Rondo has a track record of butting heads with coaches when he is feeling them out, so I'd be curious to hear if something went awry during/after the Lithuana exhibition.

Hopefully D. Rose can step up his performances a huge degree and earn his spot as a starter or solid rotation player, because at this point he has been just plain terrible for the most part. This cut worries me, for that fact.

Very un-classy of the Bulls homers to be celebrating this, btw. Especially with D. Rose being so pathetic on our team thus far. He's averaging 5 ppg on 35% shooting and leading us in turnovers at 3 a game (in just 20 minutes of action).

Avenged
08-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Key words: PSD users

:laugh2: I should've known better.

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Really surprising to me, especially with how much better he ran the offense than the other points and how much K was raving about him. Making him a DNP when he's the teams best guard defender Rubio was out there tooling our point guards (well, Rose) makes this a very suspicious cut to me.

Though it is quite obvious that FIBA ball is much more long-distance shooting orientated, and in that sense he is on the lower tier of our guards.

Another thing is that Rondo has a track record of butting heads with coaches when he is feeling them out, so I'd be curious to hear if something went awry during/after the Lithuana exhibition.

Hopefully D. Rose can step up his performances a huge degree and earn his spot as a starter or solid rotation player, because at this point he has been just plain terrible for the most part. This cut worries me, for that fact.

Very un-classy of the Bulls homers to be celebrating this, btw. Especially with D. Rose being so pathetic on our team thus far.

well i guess in coach k's eyes, rose earned his trust :)

beasted86
key words: Psd users

+1

Illinirob83

Very un-classy of the Bulls homers to be celebrating this, btw. Especially with D. Rose being so pathetic on our team thus far. He's averaging 5 ppg on 35% shooting and leading us in turnovers at 3 a game (in just 20 minutes of action).

u mad? You do realize these were just exhibition games. I assume there was more evaluation than just his stats in those meaningless games.

Klivlend
08-24-2010, 01:45 PM
so does that make the other thread about rondo had coach k's trust or whatever pretty much useless?

I was wondering the same thing, ha

YoungOne
if this is true i hope the us team gets smacked in the face at the worlds

DeShaun Brown
Rondo wasn't cut, ... he withdrew from the team. (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/08/24/rondo-cut-to-finalize-roster/?ls=iref:nbahpt1)

Avenged

Ouch. Get ready Tre.

Hawkeye15

You realize how much bashing I had to take for this crap in the other thread? I stated the day he was listed a starter for the Lithuania game, that I was surprised we kept him due to his lack of shooting.
And got crapped on.

bodupp311
08-24-2010, 01:46 PM

:pity: Give.it.up.

Hawkeye15
Rondo wasn't cut, ... he withdrew from the team. (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/08/24/rondo-cut-to-finalize-roster/?ls=iref:nbahpt1)

hopefully this is true. It would make for a much more peaceful debate.

tredigs
u mad?

I'm a fan of Team USA, so I'm not thrilled that we just got rid of our best PG, while keeping our worst performing one as the starter.

And the cockiness of the Bulls fan-base for a kid that is shooting 35% at 5 ppg while leading us in turnovers is pretty funny to me.

td0tsfinest
08-24-2010, 01:47 PM

ye, I cam here to post this:

“Rajon came to us and said he was going to withdraw from the team,that he had some family matters to attend to and some things to take care of before the NBA season,” Colangelo said in the team’s press release. “He did an outstanding job during our training, we appreciate the effort and commitment he made to our program and he completely has our support.”

DaBUU

spin

D Roses Bulls

he knew something was up, he probably did that for pride because it would of hurt his ego knowing he was cut.

D Roses Bulls
spin

either that or what i said right under yours

Avenged
08-24-2010, 01:48 PM

USA Basketball announced its final roster for the World Championship on Tuesday, with Rajon Rondo removing his name from consideration.

The 13 players on the roster had all shown over the last five weeks that they can contribute, and the final cut was going to be a difficult one, but in the end, it appears that USA Basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski and chairman Jerry Colangelo didn’t have to make that decision.

“Rajon came to us and said he was going to withdraw from the team, that he had some family matters to attend to and some things to take care of before the NBA season,” Colangelo said in the team’s press release. “He did an outstanding job during our training, we appreciate the effort and commitment he made to our program and he completely has our support.”

Don't get ahead of yourselves Bulls fans.

tredigs
08-24-2010, 01:48 PM
“Rajon came to us and said he was going to withdraw from the team, that he had some family matters to attend to and some things to take care of before the NBA season,” Colangelo said in the team’s press release. “He did an outstanding job during our training, we appreciate the effort and commitment he made to our program and he completely has our support.”

^And there you have it. You can pull your pants up now, Bulls fans. http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/08/24/rondo-cut-to-finalize-roster/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:49 PM

nice spin the east coast media did on this :eyebrow:

tcav701

Makes sense.

i dont think anyone outside of Chicago would play Rose over Rondo.

Rego247

word makes sense. dont think u could cut a guy like rondo given what he brings to the team. i honestly thought gordon was the odd man out, if somebody had to be cut.

DeShaun Brown
08-24-2010, 01:50 PM
hopefully this is true. It would make for a much more peaceful debate.

Even if this is true, it only came as a result of Rondo seeing the writing on the wall. He knew he was going to be cut so instead of going through the embarrassment, he withdrew. This is kind of like when someone says "you can't fire me because I quit".

Gators123
Not good for team USA.

geraptor
makes sense.

I dont think anyone outside of chicago would play rose over rondo.

+1

bodupp311
I'm a fan of Team USA, so I'm not thrilled that we just got rid of our best PG, while keeping our worst performing one as the starter.

And the cockiness of the Bulls fan-base for a kid that is shooting 35% at 5 ppg while leading us in turnovers is pretty funny to me.

yeah that 1-4 3 turnover game from Rondo was beastly :rolleyes:

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
either that or what i said right under yours

yup one of the two. Just coincidentally the day its reported hes on the bubble, he all of the sudden has family matters to attend to. whatever, USA has the correct starting PG now.

Hawkeye15
Even if this is true, it only came as a result of Rondo seeing the writing on the wall. He knew he was going to be cut so instead of going through the embarrassment, he withdrew. This is kind of like when someone says "you can't fire me because I quit".

but that is speculation versus a reply from Colangelo in a source

DeShaun Brown
Makes sense.

Obviously Coach K would because he did.

bodupp311
08-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Makes sense.

I live in Tn & I would. :burn:

D Roses Bulls
Makes sense.

charles barkley, kenny smith, marc steain, chris sherridan, i know im leaving out other analysts and writers too, but my brain isnt exactly fully awake right now to think of the other names who put rose in the same car as paul and williams.

mikantsass

No no no this now validates that Derrick Rose is the best player in the world.

tcav701
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Obviously Coach K would because he did.

You do realize that Chicago fans are unaminously deemed the biggest homers and least knowledgeable fans on PSD right?

Avenged
:laugh2: So Rondo withdrew himself from the team because he knew Rose was going to get the nod over him? Laughable.

D Roses Bulls
yup one of the two. Just coincidentally the day its reported hes on the bubble, he all of the sudden has family matters to attend to. whatever, USA has the correct starting PG now.

exactly..... glad you thought about that one :clap:

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
hey everyone, make sure there is no insulting starting up please, or there will be deletion, and possible infractions going on. Most of us are fans of the US team, so let's just remember that

D Roses Bulls

not the best player in the world but better then rondo ;)

Cool007
IMO, I really knew it and the last game PROVED it.

Rose at the end of the game vinny???

Well, he was basically the go-to-guy for Team USA vs Spain in the final seconds and did not disappoint anyone. He made a great move and finished it even with contact - even with left hand - going to his left.

Then calmly made 2 free throws on the road, in the hostile environment to seal the deal.

Those things Coaches just LOVE. You think any of those Rondo could do???

Rose and Durant will be FORCE and will be great 1-2 punch for any team. Look for them to build great chemistry and separate themselves from the rest of the players/teams.

Now, Rose won't have to look behind his shoulders or not worry about if he is starting or coming off the bench, or how many minutes he will play. I think we will see a deadly Rose just blooming and making a name for himself.

and oh yeah, now he is a lock to start in an all-star game as well - with all the fame he will get from all the countries.

bodupp311
If everyone could read. The original thread was Rondo thought he was on the bubble. So, regardless of what happened, he KNEW he could be cut.

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
charles barkley, kenny smith, marc steain, chris sherridan, i know im leaving out other analysts and writers too, but my brain isnt exactly fully awake right now to think of the other names who put rose in the same car as paul and williams.

Lebron James, Brian Coangelo, Steve Kerr, Steve Smith......etc

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
If everyone could read. The original thread was Rondo thought he was on the bubble. So, regardless of what happened, he KNEW he could be cut.

exactly :clap:

bodupp311
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM

:cricket:

xabial
He has no foul shot or a 3 point shot. He just relies hevily on athletisicm. We already have Russel for that.

geraptor

Well, he was basically the go-to-guy for Team USA vs Spain in the final seconds and did not disappoint anyone. He made a great move and finished it even with contact - even with left hand - going to his left.

Then calmly made 2 free throws on the road, in the hostile environment to seal the deal.

Rose and Durant will be FORCE and will be great 1-2 punch for any team. Look for them to build great chemistry and separate themselves from the rest of the players/teams.

Now, Rose won't have to look behind his shoulders or not worry about if he is starting or coming off the bench, or how many minutes he will play. I think we will see a deadly Rose just blooming and making a name for himself.

and oh yeah, now he is a lock to start in an all-star game as well - with all the fame he will get from all the countries.

nice of you not to mention the rest of the game;)

xabial
08-24-2010, 01:57 PM
You do realize that Chicago fans are unaminously deemed the biggest homers and least knowledgeable fans on PSD right?

No, just very *few* who overrate Rose.

Avenged
hey everyone, make sure there is no insulting starting up please, or there will be deletion, and possible infractions going on. Most of us are fans of the US team, so let's just remember that

Apparently not.

Seems to be TEAM ROSE rather than TEAM U.S.A.

D Roses Bulls

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
bulls fans are on their game today......

tredigs
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM

Kid, Rondo is clearly a better player than D. Rose in the game they play (NBA basketball - and he outperformed Rose in the FIBA exhibitions). I don't care if K stands on a building and professes his undying love for Rose over Rondo (as he basically already did for Rondo), it will not change the fact that he doesn't hold a candle to his vision/playmaking, defense and ability to run a team. For Team USA's sake, I am seriously hoping that Rose can pick up the slack after Rondo's WITHDRAW and finally step his game up. Either that, or the better performing PG's in Curry + Westbrook need to get more PT.

But don't go around parading this cut, and then simultaneously be amazed why everyone on PSD outside of the Bulls fans can't stand you/D. Rose. It's just annoying. I'm a Curry fan, I'm glad he made the team - now he can show the world what an elite playmaking/shooting PG can do.

NYMetros
08-24-2010, 01:59 PM
:laugh2: So Rondo withdrew himself from the team because he knew Rose was going to get the nod over him? Laughable.

Yep.

Rondo has to be the most overrated player in the league right now.

Storch
I bet Curry will get cut :sigh:

I hope not, i think its gordon.

DeShaun Brown

What does that have to do with Coach K starting Rose over Rondo? :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
Kid, Rondo is clearly a better player than D. Rose. I don't care if K stands on a building and professes his undying love for Rose over Rondo (as he basically already did for Rondo), it will not change the fact that he doesn't hold a candle to his vision/playmaking, defense and ability to run a team. For Team USA's sake, I am seriously hoping that Rose can pick up the slack after Rondo's WITHDRAW and finally step his game up. Either that, or the better performing PG's in Curry + Westbrook need to get more PT.

But don't go around parading this cut, and then simultaneously be amazed why everyone on PSD outside of the Bulls fans can't stand you/D. Rose. It's just annoying. I'm a Curry fan, I'm glad he made the team - now he can show the world what an elite playmaking/shooting PG can do.

kid????? im probably older then you, hell im older then most of the people on psd except for maybe hawkeye

Avenged
08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
bulls fans are on their game today......

Not really. :confused:

Nobody is agreeing but you.

bodupp311
08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Kid, Rondo is clearly a better player than D. Rose in the game they play (NBA basketball - and he outperformed Rose in the FIBA exhibitions). I don't care if K stands on a building and professes his undying love for Rose over Rondo (as he basically already did for Rondo), it will not change the fact that he doesn't hold a candle to his vision/playmaking, defense and ability to run a team. For Team USA's sake, I am seriously hoping that Rose can pick up the slack after Rondo's WITHDRAW and finally step his game up. Either that, or the better performing PG's in Curry + Westbrook need to get more PT.

they always say its best to start with a joke....

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Lets see, he won ROY, All Rookie 1st team, 1st All Star appearance at the age of 21 in only his 2nd year, led mediocre Bulls team to playoffs 1st 2 yrs in the league (all while leading the team in point and assists), and is now the starting PG for team USA in the
2nd biggest International tournament in the world (still only 21 yrs old). Yeah we overrate him by a mile. HATE is oozing from this thread.

mikantsass
08-24-2010, 02:01 PM
not the best player in the world but better then rondo ;)

Rose has done nothing in his career to prove he is better or in the same class as Rondo, Nash, Bullups, Williams, Paul, Parker, or Kidd.

DLeeicious
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM

"Our worst performing one" lol come on dude are you not familiar with the term "sample size". One of the more ignorant posts I've ever read on PSD's NBA forum - wow is that saying something. I'm sure coach K has only watched a few games worth of each player and that's how he has made his decisions based on those games stats. I mean afterall coach K is an extremely dumb basketball mind who is incapable of observing a players actual basketball ability and relies solely on exhibition game stats to make his decisions :rolleyes:

mikantsass
kid????? im probably older then you, hell im older then most of the people on psd except for maybe hawkeye

Then why do you have a 6 year old boy's crush on a 22 year old PG?

D Roses Bulls
Not really. :confused:

Nobody is agreeing but you.

oh come on, look at the replys bulls fans are giving. a lot of you psders love fact and they are giving facts and back them up with stats and such, i think thats being on the ball

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 02:03 PM

dang.

stealth33
well i guess in coach k's eyes, rose earned his trust :)

He's just saying you should try to be a bit classier. Team USA cuts shouldn't be about the Rose vs Rondo debate.

Same reason a lot of people resent Miami fans...they throw it in your face (the people who cared about free agency). You don't like that I'm sure.

The thread really should have nothing to do with Rose at all. It's about Rondo either getting cut or quitting. He could've been insulted with the DNP for a team he's spent his entire summer working towards (and was the starter for just a few days ago).

Try looking at the bigger picture rather than being a walking advertisement for your favorite player. These Olympics are going to be very entertaining regardless of the talent level dip.

Hiphopopotamus
I live in Tn & I would. :burn:

I live in New Hampshire and I would

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Rose has done nothing in his career to prove he is better or in the same class as Rondo, Nash, Bullups, Williams, Paul, Parker, or Kidd.

What the F has Rondo done? He choked last couple games of the Finals, Rondo did **** to help the C's at the end of that series.

tcav701
Meh.

Let the Bulls fans have this one, its the most theyve had to celebrate about since Jordan and most likely the most theyll have to celebrate about untill Jordan comes back.

D Roses Bulls
Then why do you have a 6 year old boy's crush on a 22 year old PG?

i dont, dont let my name fool you. my favorite player is wade, but since im a chicago fan, my names is rose and that some how says i have a crush on him? all im saying is that rose is better then rondo like all you boston fans have this big big crush on rondo, but thats actually true.

bigsams50
Apparently not.

Seems to be TEAM ROSE rather than TEAM U.S.A.

Dude I know a bunch of posters who said they like Rose until they started posting here. Bulls homers are ridiculous. Hell, just read this thread and you'll see

DeShaun Brown

WOW!!!!!!! You're awesome!:facepalm: This proves how many of you are haters. How does a thread about Rondo being cut or withdrawing from team USA become a Rose hate thread?

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 02:05 PM
My feeling is that Rondo quit because his feelings are hurt everybody who lives up here by us knows the chronicles of him being hard to get along with, not even Doc liked him. The team (Bos) didn't like him, till frankly he became their most important player

bodupp311

"Our worst performing one" lol come on dude are you not familiar with the term "sample size". One of the more ignorant posts I've ever read on PSD's NBA forum - wow is that saying something. I'm sure coach K has only watched a few games worth of each player and that's how he has made his decisions based on those games stats. I mean afterall coach K is an extremely dumb basketball mind who is incapable of observing a players actual basketball ability and relies solely on exhibition game stats to make his decisions :rolleyes:

Dont bother. As you said he used a 3 game exibition as "solid stats" yet overlooked Rondo's 1-4 3 turnover game in which Team USA played awful. How convienate.

Pierzynski4Prez

Rondo has done nothing in his career to prove he is actually a decent player without playing along side 3 hall of famers.

dwadefan03
YAY that means curry is still on the team

Gators123
Jeez, how did I know this would turn into a Rondo Vs Rose debate? :pity:

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 02:06 PM
dang.

wasnt saying that as an insult hawkeye, i just remember you telling me and i think its funny when people who are younger then me call me kid, lol

Hawkeye15
Lets see, he won ROY, All Rookie 1st team, 1st All Star appearance at the age of 21 in only his 2nd year, led mediocre Bulls team to playoffs 1st 2 yrs in the league (all while leading the team in point and assists), and is now the starting PG for team USA in the
2nd biggest International tournament in the world (still only 21 yrs old). Yeah we overrate him by a mile. HATE is oozing from this thread.

giving Rose sole credit for taking a team that jumped 12 spots to get him, and was considered the next up and comer before they underachieved for a season, is a bit much, don't you think?
Not saying Rose isn't awesome. But its not like he took a perrenial lottery team into the playoffs on his back

stealth33

Rondo won an NBA championship as a young pg and very nearly won his second, except this time he was clearly the best/most important player of that team.

bigsams50

Dont act like he beat out guys like Kidd, Paul or WIlliams. He is the starting PG on USA's b team.

Ovratd1up
This thread has made me sad. Tredigs, you are not making things any better. If you are looking for rational and logic, you should be wise enough to see that you won't find it here.

effen5
08-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Meh.

Let the Bulls fans have this one, its the most theyve had to celebrate about since Jordan and most likely the most theyll have to celebrate about untill Jordan comes back.

Aw u mad? Im assuming you are since the only insult you can bring up involves Jordan.

ZioAx
Didn't he withdraw from the team?

td0tsfinest
And another thread ruined.

The States are definitely losing their best defensive point guard and considering you guys are likely to play small ball most of the time, Rondo's rebounding would've been great for this style of play.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Rondo won an NBA championship as a young pg and very nearly won his second, except this time he was clearly the best/most important player of that team.

He won an NBA championship on a team where he was 4th option at best.

Avenged
There's 2 mods in here and not even they can stop this madness. :p

Gators123
And another thread ruined.

The States are definitely losing their best defensive point guard and considering you guys are likely to play small ball most of the time, Rondo's rebounding would've been great for this style of play.

It's sad isn't it?

tredigs

Are you aware that "sample size" is mutually exclusive from the fact of what has actually happened, regardless of the number of games? In the 3 FIBA exhibitions + the Team USA blue v white game, Rose* has been the poorest performing pg, period.

This has nothing to do with Rose being on the team (he should be), but it also doesn't change the fact that he has been horrible, and showed no signs of that changing while Rubio was busy picking his pocket and dribble-driving past him in the last exhibition.

Again, pull your pants up Bulls fans, Rondo is still, and for the foreseeable future > Rose. And Curry is coming up on him as we speak.

With that said, I wish Rose the best of luck that he can turn it around and start playing to his potential in the next week - so I am done putting you guys in your place and will join the bandwagon for the next while.

tcav701
08-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Aw u mad? Im assuming you are since the only insult you can bring up involves Jordan.

Im not mad at all lol.

I actually feel bad bulls fans are celebrating their lord and savior being named the starter to the USA B squad.

td0tsfinest
wasnt saying that as an insult hawkeye, i just remember you telling me and i think its funny when people who are younger then me call me kid, lol

lol. Off topic but how old are you guys? Sounds like you're in your 30s.

D Roses Bulls
alright bulls fans, gotta go till later on. sorry this turned into a rondo and rose thread, but some of you deserved it for going in on rose on the coach k thread and in on hawkeye for saying in his own opinion rondo wasnt good for the u.s. team

td0tsfinest
It's sad isn't it?

incredibly.

bodupp311

You need to tell that to the teams that play the Celtics then. Seeing as he's never double-teamed & his defender plays 5+ feet off of him. But I'll give you that he is important to the Celtics.

DLeeicious
Meh.

Bulls fans have had it pretty rough, other than those 6 championships in the 90's it's been rough. I mean only 6 championships in the last 19 years, we are running so far below expectation recently it's ridiculous.

I wish I was a Cav's fan. (assuming you're a Cav's fan with "cav" in the name)

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 02:10 PM
lol. Off topic but how old are you guys? Sounds like you're in your 30s.

35 next month

DeShaun Brown
08-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Along with 3 future Hall Of Famers. Give most of the pgs in the league 3 future Hall Of Famers and they'll win a championship, but what did he do in his first 2 seasons?

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm a Bulls fan and a Rose fan, to me he is the better player and I would choose him for the Bulls everytime over Rondo. Rondo is a really good player, too. Most Bulls see this, it's just the Rose protection comes out, because of the Rose hate. Sometimes we (Bulls fans) do incite it, but many times I will be on a thread and a Rose hater will come trolling. It'd be easier if we all just agreed, both are good and neither fan base would trade

tcav701
08-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Bulls fans have had it pretty rough, other than those 6 championships in the 90's it's been rough. I mean only 6 championships in the last 19 years, we are running so far below expectation recently it's ridiculous.

I wish I was a Cav's fan. (assuming you're a Cav's fan with "cav" in the name)

Nope not a Cavs fan my last name is Cavalieri.

I try not to let people know who i root for because i try to be impartial even if my teams are invloved in the discussion.

DLeeicious
Are you aware that "sample size" is mutually exclusive from the fact of what has actually happened, regardless of the number of games? In the 3 FIBA exhibitions + the Team USA blue v white game, Rose* has been the poorest performing pg, period.

This has nothing to do with Rose being on the team (he should be), but it also doesn't change the fact that he has been horrible, and showed no signs of that changing while Rubio was busy picking his pocket and dribble-driving past him in the last exhibition.

Again, pull your pants up Bulls fans, Rondo is still, and for the foreseeable future > Rose. And Curry is coming up on him as we speak.

With that said, I wish Rose the best of luck that he can turn it around and start playing to his potential in the next week - so I am done putting you guys in your place and will join the bandwagon for the next while.

My whole point is: do you think, as a PSD poster, you have a better grasp on who should be playing on team USA than the coach of said team who is there every single day watching these guys play? Do you think your observations on a few games > the coaches observations every single day? If so then you must really think Coach K is not qualified to make any basketball decision whatsoever.

DaBUU
giving Rose sole credit for taking a team that jumped 12 spots to get him, and was considered the next up and comer before they underachieved for a season, is a bit much, don't you think?
Not saying Rose isn't awesome. But its not like he took a perrenial lottery team into the playoffs on his back

you take DRose off of those two playoff teams and the Bulls arent going. Not sure how much you watch, but he makes the team go.

NYMetros
08-24-2010, 02:13 PM

Andthey probably would have won the Championship last year if they had Rose instead of Rondo.

Ovratd1up

The Bulls jumped eight spots I believe, and had much more talent than the average #1 pick team. But they underachieved for a reason, and I can honestly say that they wouldn't have made the playoffs either year without Rose, and extremely easily too. He did carry his team to the playoffs (with Noah last year) even if his load wasn't as much as it is typically for #1 picks.

Hiphopopotamus
Andthey probably would have won the Championship last year if they had Rose instead of Rondo.

Truth

bodupp311
08-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Im not mad at all lol.

I actually feel bad bulls fans are celebrating their lord and savior being named the starter to the USA B squad.

Damn, Did Drose break into your house? Date your sister? Key your car? Punch your dog? Calm down...

Avenged
08-24-2010, 02:15 PM
My whole point is: do you think, as a PSD poster, you have a better grasp on who should be playing on team USA than the coach of said team who is there every single day watching these guys play? Do you think your observations on a few games > the coaches observations every single day? If so then you must really think Coach K is not qualified to make any basketball decision whatsoever.

Yeah... coach K didn't cut him since that's how you're making it seem.

Rondo withdrew himself.

Hawkeye15
you take DRose off of those two playoff teams and the Bulls arent going. Not sure how much you watch, but he makes the team go.

I watch plenty, and that wasn't my point. He didn't come to a 18 win team like a typical #1 does. He came to a team that had just given fits in the playoffs a year previous, and underachieved. The nearly intact team that Rose was drafted by won 49 games, then 33, hopped 12 teams, picked him, and he gave them 8 more wins.
Again, I wasn't saying Rose isn't a great player. But he did not take a bad team and carry them into the playoffs as many of you suggest.

Hiphopopotamus
I still think this has to do with Rondo's personality more than anything, I mentioned this earlier, but Bos didn't like him, Doc couldn't coach him, going back Tubby Smith at Kentucky couldn't coach him. Maybe his attitude was a bad fit for what the US was trying to do

tcav701
Damn, Did Drose break into your house? Date your sister? Key your car? Punch your dog? Calm down...

Did D-Rose rescue your mother from a flaming building?

The schoolgirl crush Bulls fans have on another man is sickening lol.

DLeeicious
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah... coach K didn't cut him since that's how you're making it seem.

Rondo withdrew himself.

Didn't hear that, why did he get a DNP-CD then?

bahama0811
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
This thread has gone completely off-topic. If you want to discuss it at least try to be civil.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 02:19 PM
The Bulls jumped eight spots I believe, and had much more talent than the average #1 pick team. But they underachieved for a reason, and I can honestly say that they wouldn't have made the playoffs either year without Rose, and extremely easily too. He did carry his team to the playoffs (with Noah last year) even if his load wasn't as much as it is typically for #1 picks.

nevermind, done with going off topic

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 02:20 PM
This will basically get rid of the potential issue Coach K would have late game. Keep Rondo in to defend, or get him out to avoid sending him to the line.
Its unfortunate that it ended this way. I really think one of the wings should have gone home, and all the PG's should have been kept.