2. Orlando - 16 votes
3. Boston - 10 votes
4. Chicago - 1 vote

mikealike305
08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
didnt think it would be that one sided.... but then again its ESPN

beasted86
08-24-2010, 11:10 AM
I always find it kind of random when one team/player only gets 1 vote.

Avenged
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Got it right for the most part.

I'd put Boston ahead of Orlando for a greater chance to make it out though.

The only way Chicago makes it is if MIA and BOS play each other and then the winner goes on to play ORL with ORL coming out on top to face CHI.

Unlikely scenarios.

beasted86
08-24-2010, 11:16 AM
The only way Chicago makes it is if MIA and BOS play each other and then the winner goes on to play ORL with ORL coming out on top to face CHI.

Unlikely scenarios.

Basically impossible scenario. Miami & Boston would have to play in the first round... which won't happen since the Celtics and Heat should both finish top 4.

Avenged
08-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Basically impossible scenario. Miami & Boston would have to play in the first round... which won't happen since the Celtics and Heat should both finish top 4.

Yup, it comes down to Mia and BOS/ORL.

MIA will be there at the ECF, but the other 2 is unclear at this point. And unless the Bulls have an even more stellar performance than expected, they won't be making it to the Finals.

bahama0811
08-24-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't disagree, Miami is the clear favorite. I'd be tempted to put Boston ahead of Orlando though.

DaBUU
08-24-2010, 12:08 PM
^^ Agreed Boston is better than Orlando.

69centers
08-24-2010, 12:19 PM
LOL at Orlando ahead of Boston. Typical ESPN for you, so what else would you expect.

dhopisthename
08-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I am amazed miami received so many of the votes

mikealike305
08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
LOL at Orlando ahead of Boston. Typical ESPN for you, so what else would you expect.

typical boston fan answer.... orlando is young and dwight is just getting better... boston isnt getting better they are just getting older... i myself as a heat fan am more worried about orlando than boston... not saying boston wont compete, just saying last year was bostons year.... they couldnt do it so now i dont see them doing it again

JordansBulls
08-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Got it right for the most part.

I'd put Boston ahead of Orlando for a greater chance to make it out though.

Unlikely scenarios.

Well Miami will be the #1 seed and if Boston is the #4, then one of them will be out. So the Bulls would have to beat Orlando and then Boston or Orlando and then Miami.

Rivera
08-24-2010, 12:39 PM
typical boston fan answer.... orlando is young and dwight is just getting better... boston isnt getting better they are just getting older... i myself as a heat fan am more worried about orlando than boston... not saying boston wont compete, just saying last year was bostons year.... they couldnt do it so now i dont see them doing it again

umm boston beat us in 6 last year........so they are better than orlando

i know its a whole new year but orlando has done what?? add chris duhon? so until i see it with my own eyes boston> orlando....and i was at every celtic/magic game (in boston) in the playoffs watching these 2 play and im an ORLANDO fan

mikealike305
08-24-2010, 12:56 PM
umm boston beat us in 6 last year........so they are better than orlando

i know its a whole new year but orlando has done what?? add chris duhon? so until i see it with my own eyes boston> orlando....and i was at every celtic/magic game (in boston) in the playoffs watching these 2 play and im an ORLANDO fan

and what has boston done? add shaq and JO? boston just got older... im not counting them out im just saying one year older might show

8kobe24
08-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Jeeze...people are actually surprised it's one sided? It's espn people, biggest lebron wagoner.

davids22
08-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Boston is the better team than Orlando, but after last year, I know Bostons game plan. Beast it up in early half of the season to establish themselves and get themselves a top 3 seed. Then they'll "rest" or whatever during the 2nd half and probably be a .500 team, but enough to keep themselves as at least a 4 seed. Then Boston will turn it on in the playoffs, exactly like they did last year.

I don't expect Boston to AMAZE us in the regular season, but when the playoffs start, all bets are off. Boston is DEADLY in the playoffs and has DEPTH DEPTH DEPTH.

Reg Season Rankings:
1. Miami
2. Orlando
3. Chicago
4. Boston

But for how good the team is come playoff time, I'd rank
1. Miami/Boston. We have no idea how Miamis depth will keep up in the playoffs, but we know how well Boston will handle it. So I'd tie them with the Heat in this spot.
3. Orlando
4. Milwaukee. Not as strong as a starting 5 as Chicago but their depth is impressive and was a big reason in almost upsetting Atlanta last year. If the first round matchup is Chicago vs Milwaukee, I'd take Milwaukee in 7.

dhopisthename
08-24-2010, 01:26 PM
I think something to remember is this(the second part)

John Hollinger, ESPN.com: Miami. The James-Wade-Bosh combo is simply too much for opponents to deal with, even with the limitations of Miami's supporting cast and the lack of an effective deterrent for the likes of Dwight Howard or Shaquille O'Neal.

And remember, the Heat are likely to be very active on the in-season free-agent market -- any bought-out veteran will be making his first call to Miami. As a result, their roster may improve as the season goes on.
I think this is key. if say the pg position is not working out for miami you know that whenever one gets bought out miami will have a good shot at getting him

JordansBulls
08-24-2010, 01:31 PM

I think this is key. if say the pg position is not working out for miami you know that whenever one gets bought out miami will have a good shot at getting him

Heat are already loaded.

BOSTON617
08-24-2010, 01:36 PM

a typical heat fan (bandwagon fan) thinking his team is the best (never seen them play) underestimate boston i am cool with it but ask all the teams that have for the past 3 years.... we will def beat you or give you a run for your money so stop posting ignorant posts we are better then orlando and we only got better this yr orlando lost barnes?

Hoopsadvocate
08-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Jeeze...people are actually surprised it's one sided? It's espn people, biggest lebron wagoner.

They were the biggest lebron wagoner... then a lot of their analysts were but hurt like many psd fans that he didnt go on the team they wanted and they stopped backing him. But even the most biased cant deny the talent the HEAT has and they should come out on top in the EAST.

beasted86
08-24-2010, 01:50 PM

Yup.

I seriously don't expect the PG & C position to stay the same come April. Some type of trade or playoff roster signing will be made by then.

mikantsass
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Lol who voted for the Bulls? Must have been Jay Mariotti... or does his vote not count now?

shep33
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Boston should be ahead of Orlando like everybody is saying. ECF will be a great series though, Boston vs. Miami.

Gonna be fun to watch, because Boston basically has strengths where Miami has weaknesses and vice versa.

Heater4life
08-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Bulls arent receiving as much credit as i think they should. Boozer will own Bass/Lewis. I expect Rose to only get better. They've added much needed shooting with Korver out on the wings. Chicago has just been obscured by Miami's off-season, but make no mistake, there much stronger!

mikealike305
08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
a typical heat fan (bandwagon fan) thinking his team is the best (never seen them play) underestimate boston i am cool with it but ask all the teams that have for the past 3 years.... we will def beat you or give you a run for your money so stop posting ignorant posts we are better then orlando and we only got better this yr orlando lost barnes?

lol where is this coming from? y are u so mad? i never said boston would be bad.... if u would of read the post and not be ignornat like your claiming me to be u would see i said they would compete... and if u would stop being ignorant again and fine out what i really think about boston instead of going off of one post u would know that not only did i think boston would win it all last year i still think they have a legit shot this year... all i was saying to the poster that i made that comment to which u felt u had to defend him was that he shouldnt count out orlando and he shouldnt be so surprised that ESPN thinks they can be better... and your the reason threads get closed... in that post i said nothing about the heat being good or winning the c'ship so what does half of your post have to do with anything? stay on topic man and stop being so dam ignorant

mikealike305
08-24-2010, 02:51 PM

and how much better did u get? u got who? old *** shaq and JO? yea those are some key additions guy good job proving me wrong... u showed me..
how dare i have an opinion right?

beasted86
08-24-2010, 03:12 PM
stop posting ignorant posts we are better then orlando and we only got better this yr orlando lost barnes?

Just for the record:

Magic rotation players out: Matt Barnes
Magic rotation players in: Quentin Richardson, Chris Duhon

Celtics rotation players out: Rasheed Wallace, Tony Allen
Celtics rotation players in: Jermaine O'Neal, Shaquille O'Neal

I actually think the Magic did a little better this offseason in free agency. They kept Reddick and IMO improved on Barnes. Shaq & Perkins might be equal, but I'll tell you now as a Heat fan, Jermaine can't replace Rasheed's impact.

mikealike305
08-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Just for the record:

I actually think the Magic did a little better this offseason in free agency. They kept Reddick and IMO improved on Barnes. Shaq & Perkins might be equal, but I'll tell you now as a Heat fan, Jermaine can't replace Rasheed's impact.

this!

thank u

DaVille
08-24-2010, 03:51 PM
ESPN necks must be soar from all the sucking they do. Lebrick is going down yet again. And if Miami does advance it'll be more D-Wade doing.

BOSTON617
08-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Just for the record:

you guys are on crack if you think rasheed is better then jermaine oneal..... and jermaine had a rough playoff series and shaq is a lot better then you ppl think i dont care i love being the under dogs im jsut saying dont sleep on us thats all :speechless: and for the record orlando got worse i think matt barnes was incredible for them... and we lost tony allen big hit for us thats the only argument you have but pierce does a really good job on lebron anyways we got the best chance to beat u..... and the reason im gettin heated is because we go to the finals almost ever year for the past 3 seasons and we get no credit every year we here they are to old that is ridiculous.... the oldest team in the nba has the best defense in the league how is that so??? and miami you cant diss shaq he got you your one ring :facepalm: thats like me dissing larry bird and you guys (on psd) all wanted them to sign shaq lol

BOSTON617
08-24-2010, 03:56 PM
ESPN necks must be soar from all the sucking they do. Lebrick is going down yet again. And if Miami does advance it'll be more D-Wade doing.

this :clap:

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Bulls arent receiving as much credit as i think they should. Boozer will own Bass/Lewis. I expect Rose to only get better. They've added much needed shooting with Korver out on the wings. Chicago has just been obscured by Miami's off-season, but make no mistake, there much stronger!

Thanks for being unbiased

Jewelz0376
08-24-2010, 04:52 PM
I already knew it was going to look that like that before i opened the post..

I pretty sure though the voting was similar for the cavs last season too and we all saw how that worked out so its almost a curse on the heat for them voting this way lol...

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2010, 05:01 PM

what are you talking about? they are east coast biased..... they always talk about the celtics, they love the celtics but they know orlando underestimated them last year and that orlando is better and wont do that twice.

greek miami hea
08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
miami (for obvious reasons)
boston (a very completed team but is getting too much older)
orlando (the typical orlando)

Baller1
08-24-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't understand anyone picking a team other than the Heat.

Jamiecballer
08-24-2010, 06:46 PM
i have this gut feeling that the one guy who voted Chicago might have had it right provided they stay relatively healthy.

Hoopsadvocate
08-24-2010, 06:51 PM
you guys are on crack if you think rasheed is better then jermaine oneal..... and jermaine had a rough playoff series and shaq is a lot better then you ppl think i dont care i love being the under dogs im jsut saying dont sleep on us thats all :speechless: and for the record orlando got worse i think matt barnes was incredible for them... and we lost tony allen big hit for us thats the only argument you have but pierce does a really good job on lebron anyways we got the best chance to beat u..... and the reason im gettin heated is because we go to the finals almost ever year for the past 3 seasons and we get no credit every year we here they are to old that is ridiculous.... the oldest team in the nba has the best defense in the league how is that so??? and miami you cant diss shaq he got you your one ring :facepalm: thats like me dissing larry bird and you guys (on psd) all wanted them to sign shaq lol

LMAO funny how u try to tell us about the players we had and seen play full seasons of. Jermaine is valuable on defense and thats about it. Shaq can help but he can also hurt ur team. But in all honesty u know crap about them (well more like a run of the mill nba fan) And we can diss shaq cause he didnt get us a championship D wade did. Again u dont know **** so just stop. Keep building up shaq and JO ur gonna be greatly dissapointed.

Hoopsadvocate
08-24-2010, 06:53 PM
i have this gut feeling that the one guy who voted Chicago might have had it right provided they stay relatively healthy.

:facepalm:

so adding one all star and rotation players makes u jump from 8th to 1st place in a conference that just got stronger huh. Ya makes sense.

Jamiecballer
08-24-2010, 08:41 PM

so adding one all star and rotation players makes u jump from 8th to 1st place in a conference that just got stronger huh. Ya makes sense.

The conference is the same as it always is... couple of really good teams and a bunch of mediocre to lousy teams. Of the good teams - in my opinion that includes Orlando, Boston, Miami, Chicago and Atlanta - Chicago is the team that is being slept on the most. Miami's trio is great, Boston still has their stars, old as they may be, Atlanta has a dynamic young team - but nobody addressed a bigger need this off-season than Chicago's need for a low post scorer to complement Rose, which they did with Boozer. Like i said, it's just a gut feeling but it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish 2nd or even first if they stay relatively healthy this season.

Lord Leoshes
08-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Someone actualy voted for Chicago? :laugh:

leoncito
08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Boston only got older with there free agent pick ups. They might as well join the AARP. Orlando is still on the way up and i expect they will have there strongest competition with Miami not Boston

Avenged
08-24-2010, 10:01 PM

Worked for the Lakers a couple seasons ago. :D

But the East top talents are a lot stronger than Bulls. I can see the Bulls finishing 3rd the most with a 2nd round exit, perhaps ECF (unlikely) but Finals? no way.

69centers
08-24-2010, 11:16 PM
what are you talking about? they are east coast biased..... they always talk about the celtics, they love the celtics but they know orlando underestimated them last year and that orlando is better and wont do that twice.

Despite being CT based, ESPN is definitely not East Coast biased.

Orlando underestimated us? Nice downplaying of Orlando getting steamrolled by us last year.

BOSTON617
08-25-2010, 08:51 AM
LMAO funny how u try to tell us about the players we had and seen play full seasons of. Jermaine is valuable on defense and thats about it. Shaq can help but he can also hurt ur team. But in all honesty u know crap about them (well more like a run of the mill nba fan) And we can diss shaq cause he didnt get us a championship D wade did. Again u dont know **** so just stop. Keep building up shaq and JO ur gonna be greatly dissapointed.

you actually proved my point ofr me as you can see or if you look back two other heat fans were hating on jermaine (who you said will help us with d) and shaq (who you said will impact our team) and all i was getting at was we improved while orlando did not i was not comparing us to you at all.... and how you going to say d-wade got the ring alone shaq had a great year that year..... that is the most ignorant thing i have ever heard look at shaqs stats and if you really think d-wade carried the team alone you my friend do not know what your talking about :facepalm:

daleja424
08-25-2010, 09:25 AM
the shaq and jo moves are over rated really. Once Perkins gets back and is playing 30+ minutes a night, only one of the oneals will even play more then likely.

69centers
08-25-2010, 09:45 AM
the shaq and jo moves are over rated really. Once Perkins gets back and is playing 30+ minutes a night, only one of the oneals will even play more then likely.

Right, because it isn't like Jermaine can't slide over to PF and relieve KG. Impossible for both O'Neal's to be on the floor at the same time, right.

BOSTON617
08-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Right, because it isn't like Jermaine can't slide over to PF and relieve KG. Impossible for both O'Neal's to be on the floor at the same time, right.

and big baby can slide to sf as well

imagine this 2nd squad line up

rondo/ nate
allen/ pierce
big baby
jermain oneal
shaq

Heater4life
08-25-2010, 10:17 AM
and big baby can slide to sf as well

imagine this 2nd squad line up

rondo/ nate
allen/ pierce
big baby
jermain oneal
shaq

And you really dont see a problem with big baby guarding the 3? really? Lebron, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis, Vince Carter, Luol Deng, Ronnie Brewer, Quentin Richardson, etc... all those guys would kill big baby out on the perimeter defense. Theres no way big baby keeps up on the rotation out to the swing pass.

Oneal can play PF, but dont expect much aside from solid D and an occasional solid rebounding output. What im worried about is the celtics depth at sg and sf.

Heater4life
08-25-2010, 10:34 AM
you actually proved my point ofr me as you can see or if you look back two other heat fans were hating on jermaine (who you said will help us with d) and shaq (who you said will impact our team) and all i was getting at was we improved while orlando did not i was not comparing us to you at all.... and how you going to say d-wade got the ring alone shaq had a great year that year..... that is the most ignorant thing i have ever heard look at shaqs stats and if you really think d-wade carried the team alone you my friend do not know what your talking about :facepalm:

I can guarentee that you did not watch the 2006 NBA finals with as much intensity and or scrunity than myself. You just didnt, its not your team. I can tell you that yes Shaq presence was felt in terms of drawing double coverages and setting up our offensive sets. But Shaquille Oneal during the NBA FINALS in 06' disappeared. Beyond that point, if ACTUALLY think that Dwayne Wade did not single handly take over that series you are both ignorant and blind.

Here's a little reference so you can have some clarity on the subject:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

BOSTON617
08-25-2010, 01:58 PM
I can guarentee that you did not watch the 2006 NBA finals with as much intensity and or scrunity than myself. You just didnt, its not your team. I can tell you that yes Shaq presence was felt in terms of drawing double coverages and setting up our offensive sets. But Shaquille Oneal during the NBA FINALS in 06' disappeared. Beyond that point, if ACTUALLY think that Dwayne Wade did not single handly take over that series you are both ignorant and blind.

Here's a little reference so you can have some clarity on the subject:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

i never said d-wwade wasnt thew # 1 option or the best player i said he didnt do it alone my friend witch ur implying not me :facepalm: shaq played a huge role in that championship

BOSTON617
08-25-2010, 02:01 PM
And you really dont see a problem with big baby guarding the 3? really? Lebron, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis, Vince Carter, Luol Deng, Ronnie Brewer, Quentin Richardson, etc... all those guys would kill big baby out on the perimeter defense. Theres no way big baby keeps up on the rotation out to the swing pass.

Oneal can play PF, but dont expect much aside from solid D and an occasional solid rebounding output. What im worried about is the celtics depth at sg and sf.

never said start him at the postion but he can def play it occasionally big baby wouldnt be that bad at the postion and i can say i think he will play it once and a while hes not that slow... obv i wouldnt put ihm on lebron carter, or miller rashard lewis plays pf and he already did cover him