PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Jose is on PED?

The_905
08-24-2010, 09:50 AM
In the wake of the new Jose thread and not being able to take most Americans seriously when judging the Jays, I wanted to hear what Jays fans think about the accusations of Bautista taking PED.

IMO I don't know how the league and the Jays organization would allow this to happen and I don't know why Jose (an apparently extremely intelligent person) would take anything remotely close to a PED after the microscope every player is under in the contemporary game.

Do you guys suspect Jose is taking something?

torontosports10
08-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Innocent until proven guilty.

malcolmclark
08-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I fully believe he is the real deal, well maybe not a perenial 40 HR guy, but he has tremendous bat speed and he is punishing mistakes by pitchers. He was always known as a bench player with some pop, but was never given the opportunity to play everyday. That makes a world of difference. Give Murphy and Cito credit, they saw something in him. He plays solid D, not spectacular. I would give him an extension to play 3rd and outfield next year. He has so much confidence right now. He has 50 HR in something like 148 games dating back to last year. He started hitting when given the playing time. Jays should keep him

madmike77
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
No - I just think he's having one of those years.

I wouldn't expect him to hit 40 again. 25-30 would be more realistic with some of those former HRs becoming doubles.

Dol-Fan
08-24-2010, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't be surprised but so is much of the league - there is still no HGH testing and when it is implemented I think we'll see a similar fallout with several players around the league. I'm not saying I think he is, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised - and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't the only one. It's quite possible that several players around the league are using some sort of PED that isn't tested/testable.

Manatoo
08-24-2010, 11:31 AM
I believe almost everyone is cheating in one way or another in baseball, and it would be naive to think that any jays player would be different.

Spiderdan22
08-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I think he is eaing his Vector Cereal for breakfast and drinking chocolate milk after every game now.

heusy_79
08-24-2010, 11:38 AM
You're confused. PED is what Jose Bautista unleashes on the rest of the league, Pretty Extreme Devestation.

miller74
08-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Ya i dont think so, most of the people on the main forum were saying he probably uses HGH because they dont test it, but HGH is a major muscle builder and i just dont see it in him body type.
Most of his HR have to be credited to quick hands and keeping his hands inside pitches, really isnt a steroid matter

Valleyfella
08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
If you look at Bonds, Sosa and McGuire, they became huge and then started hitting ridiculous numbers of HRs. Their before and after pictures were telling. Bautista doesn't look any bigger than he did when he was hitting 10 to 15 a year. It's impossible to say conclusively, but I don't think he's juicing.

tuck25
08-24-2010, 12:40 PM
No i don't think he is. With all the testing he would be one of the first MLB would pick and i don't think he is that stupid.

Sandman
08-24-2010, 12:43 PM
No i don't think he is. With all the testing he would be one of the first MLB would pick and i don't think he is that stupid.

the testing is random and they dont test for hgh

BlueJays_29
08-24-2010, 12:49 PM
I think Bautista is the product of Cito's ability to teach hitting.

Jays Claw
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM

This is the concept everyone should be going with as of now. Also, after reading twelve pages of the "Jose Bautista - Who is this guy?" thread, I realized it wasn't worth replying in there. You don't know how many ignorant and non-evidential posts I found.

bomber0104
08-24-2010, 01:33 PM
There are no other evidence to suggest he is taking any kind of perfomance enhancer. He looks the same as he has his whole career when it comes to size and build. I fully believe that Bautista has always had the bat speed and like he said, he was always late starting his swing which made it hard for him to catchup to pitches.

Manatoo
08-24-2010, 01:36 PM

:laugh:

bartron_44
08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Not a chance he's on roids....he could be on HGH, but I doubt that too looking at his skinny legs and arms. I credit his power to good coaching (tweaking his mechanics), steady playing time to improve timing, selection and confidence; and playing in an extremely hitter friendly park in Toronto. No one noticed when he destroyed the league last Sept/Oct, or when he raked all Spring training long. He has been raking for about a full calendar year now, and he is only 29. This guy just needed to get out of Pittsburgh, and get everyday AB's to let his talent shine. He broke into the majors at 23, but I think it was a bit rushed. The next year he hit 24 HR's in the minors between AA and AAA, se he has been showing power potential since he was about 24 years old. He missed some valuable time at the start of his 'prime', but Ithink he has a few more good seasons in that bat. I doubt he can stay this hot for a full season again, but I think the changes are here to stay. I see him as at least a 25+ HR threat for the at least the next 4 or 5 seasons..

Kelly Gruber
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
You think the MLB might investigate a guy hitting bombs all of the sudden, I'd say he's clean.

Eagles4Lyfe
08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
how you guys watched his homeruns its not like hes hitting it out unbelievably far dudes just making the pitchers pay for their mistakes it always seems to be a fastball down the middle or inside and hes turning on them..Now compare that to the homeruns he hit in the past alll veryy similar so unless hes been on it his whole life like arod then no hes not on it

TheFanGuy
08-24-2010, 04:06 PM

this

dtmagnet
08-24-2010, 04:18 PM
No I don't think so, I've been 10 feet away from him and he is not a big guy by any means.

jon32
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Just because you're not huge doesnt mean you arent taking steroids or hgh or anything...it's not just used to get big.....that being said i agree with all the people who say innocent till proven guilty.

ragman
08-24-2010, 06:27 PM
His best year for HRs was in 2006 when he hit 16 when he was with the Pirates. Something doesn't seem right to me.

jon32
08-24-2010, 06:33 PM
His best year for HRs was in 2006 when he hit 16 when he was with the Pirates. Something doesn't seem right to me.

haha clearly.....u missed the part where it was the PIRATES.......16 hrs is off the charts with them cmon. hes only avgd 313 abs till this year hes hit a decent number of homeruns for such few abs and i think if he were with a couple better teams for his career...played the exact same amount of games with the same amount of bats his numbers woulda been up a bit. I belive cito and dwayne murphy are THE ONLY cause for his numbers.

nithanyo
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Wow im surprised Jay fans would accuse their own player of using roids, when theres absolutley no evidence to prove this. Clearly the bautista haters need to stop hating and start realizing maybe he is the real deal.

Halladay
08-24-2010, 11:12 PM
There's no evidence of it this far so he's clean in my books. Why do people not understand that maybe a player changing his approach at the plate could result in more power?

Halladay
08-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Wow im surprised Jay fans would accuse their own player of using roids, when theres absolutley no evidence to prove this. Clearly the bautista haters need to stop hating and start realizing maybe he is the real deal.

It's a guilty by association type of situation. A good amount of MLB players have obviously been caught so everyone else is accused too. In the court of public opinion it's guilty until proven innocent.

nithanyo
08-24-2010, 11:48 PM
There's no evidence of it this far so he's clean in my books. Why do people not understand that maybe a player changing his approach at the plate could result in more power?

I dont understand why people didnt accuse Aaron Hill or Adam Lind last season?? With the sudden drop off in their power i would suggest maybe they were on roids?

Why do jay fans have to hate their own players, especially with no reason?? Look at San Fran fans. The whole world knew Barry was on roids but they still cheered for him. Why do some of us choose to accuse a player of being on roids when theres absolutley no proof to it

1hardcore
08-25-2010, 12:04 AM
i say no
his hr's arent all tape measure shots

treeleaf
08-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Doubt it..... although it did look like he was lying to the press about it on tsn

StealingSigns
08-25-2010, 01:15 AM
I highly doubt he is on PED/HGH.

If he is, he will get caught one way or another. Heaven forbid Jays Nation can enjoy one of the only feel-good stories to come out of this rebuilding season. eesh...

nithanyo
08-25-2010, 10:26 AM
This game has come to the point where if you succeed there are people thinking you are on drugs. Really sad. Whats even more sad is blue jay fans doubting bautista

The_905
08-25-2010, 11:25 AM
This game has come to the point where if you succeed there are people thinking you are on drugs. Really sad. Whats even more sad is blue jay fans doubting bautista

It's the climate that we live in now so get used to it, and when did anyone in this thread really doubt Jose? The thread is being used to discuss the potential of him being on PED not that we actually believe that he is.

Eagles4Lyfe
08-25-2010, 11:45 AM
hes no gregg zaun by any means:P

Halladay
08-25-2010, 03:15 PM
I dont understand why people didnt accuse Aaron Hill or Adam Lind last season?? With the sudden drop off in their power i would suggest maybe they were on roids?

Why do jay fans have to hate their own players, especially with no reason?? Look at San Fran fans. The whole world knew Barry was on roids but they still cheered for him. Why do some of us choose to accuse a player of being on roids when theres absolutley no proof to it

I haven't seen many people hating on the Jays. The whole Bonds thing was a joke, the guy hit 44% of his home runs after the age of 34. Like I said it's guilty by association, when your good your a potential user, when you average/below average your probably not. I personally don't think Bautista's on anything, he's worked to get where he is but anyone who hits 30+ home runs will be accused.

adid727
08-27-2010, 05:57 AM
this is a joke. Do you guys see how bautista works the count? and he swings for the fences when he gets a good pitch to hit. result? low average, high number of home runs. HGH? no way. He always had power. He hit 16 with the pirates one year in 330 at bats. thats 30 per 600 at bats. And with the adjustment he had to his swing since coming to toronto, regular playing time, it all makes sense.

pitches/plate appearance
1 Brett Gardner NYY 4.58
2 Daric Barton OAK 4.41
3 David Ortiz BOS 4.35
4 Bobby Abreu LAA 4.30
5 Kevin Youkilis BOS 4.28
6 Franklin Gutierrez SEA 4.19
7 Jose Bautista TOR 4.18

end of story.

MaHaRaJaH
08-27-2010, 09:44 AM
He Doesn't Look big is a weak argument for steroid use. It doesn't prove squat other than he simply doesn't look muscular. I will point out HGH can make you last a whole year since your fatigue will not be a factor in your ability to hit. Some have mentioned well he hit 16 as a pirate... So what? Clearly there's something in Toronto that's helping him hitting the ball better. And it's not from PED use.

Asham
08-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Ah nothing like a good old fashioned witchhunt to start the day off

treeleaf
08-30-2010, 01:09 PM
He hit 16 in half of the at bats.

Is it so hard to believe that a little change in scenery, an everyday job and some fan support caused him to improve?

ragman
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry, but the fact that he is now hitting almost 3 times his previous best in HRs, raises a white flag in my mind. Something more is going on than just coaching.

The_905
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
^ You mean a red flag..

Your explanation lacks any knowledge of the game. Guys have huge years all the time in baseball, this is just one of those years.

Asham
09-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes he is on PED

ragman
09-01-2010, 06:41 PM
^ You mean a red flag..

Your explanation lacks any knowledge of the game. Guys have huge years all the time in baseball, this is just one of those years.

Yes, a red flag. My mistake.

I've been watching MLB for years and years. Stats don't usually spike like this unless there's a bottle or syringe involved. I don't buy his explanation for one second.

alexanderkeiths
09-01-2010, 07:26 PM
i going to put the blinders on and say he is clean...what ever happened to rooting for the underdog..the career bench player who breaks out and becomes good....

and so what if he is using something....this whole steroid thing makes me sick...the players get all the blame for something that everyone knew was happening..Maquire and sosa saved baseball after the lock out..

Bud selig should be the one going to jail...he knew exactly what was going on and then goes all righteous and hangs the players out to dry...ultimate hypocrite....

enough of the off topic rant..it just pisses me of

bautista swings so hard at the ball ... makes good contact...must have good eyesight...maybe he is on carrots???