PDA

View Full Version : who do you think the Steal and Bust of this past draft will be?

LTBaByyy
08-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Steal- Lance Stephenson
Bust- Udoh on the warriors, injuries or a pf version of joe alexander (lottery pick that fades away) IMO

who are yours?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Steals: Devin Ebanks, Derrick Caracter Homer picks:D

Busts: Gordon Hayward, Al-Farouq Aminu

CaughtInAHustle
08-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Ebanks and Caracter!
Udoh

cvburg
08-24-2010, 06:44 AM
orton(i hope im damn wrong)
we will regret not taking whiteside, stephison, terico white or ebanks
and a little homer like stan robinson could be a steal

nolin
08-24-2010, 06:47 AM
steal Demarcus cousin

Bust: Wesley Johnson

PrettyBoyJ
08-24-2010, 07:00 AM
^ I think Wesley is a bust as well

xmoney328
08-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Steals-Paul George/Mangum Rolle/James Anderson
Bust-Cousins and Eric Bledsoe

avrpatsfan
08-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Avery Bradley :(

alencp3
08-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Steals:Hassan Whiteside and everyone the Pacers got: George,Lance and Rolle
Bust:Wesley Johnson,Orton,Udoh and Bledsoe

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
I would rather watch a game first. But if I had to guess, Udoh and Hayward are busts, and I will reserve my judgements on steals.

They need to play some games first guys

Khalifa21
08-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Steals: DeMarcus Cousins, Lance Stephenson

Busts: Ekpe Udoh, Gordon Hayward

Joshtd1
08-24-2010, 08:28 AM
I think James Anderson will be a steal since he was projected to be a lottery pick and ended up falling to 20th, and Whiteside could be as well.

I think Aminu will be a bust

Cap'nCrunch40
08-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Steal: Stephenson
Bust: Udoh

JasonJohnHorn
08-24-2010, 08:43 AM
I got a rule about steals and busts:
The Spurs always get a steal, so however they drafted is going to be good because they never fail to pick up talented players in the draft. So James Anderson?

And the bust will be whoever Minny picked, because their GM is awful. So Wesley Johnson. Sorry Wesley, I've never seen you play bro, but one of the worst GMs in the league picked you, so I gotta go with my formula.

I just hope Greg Monroe works out for Detroit and Ed Davis works out for the Raptors, because otherwise I will have no good news this year for the teams I root for :-(

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 09:02 AM
The Spurs always get a steal, so however they drafted is going to be good because they never fail to pick up talented players in the draft. So James Anderson?

And the bust will be whoever Minny picked, because their GM is awful. So Wesley Johnson. Sorry Wesley, I've never seen you play bro, but one of the worst GMs in the league picked you, so I gotta go with my formula.

I just hope Greg Monroe works out for Detroit and Ed Davis works out for the Raptors, because otherwise I will have no good news this year for the teams I root for :-(

cause Flynn and Love are total busts...

IndyRealist
08-24-2010, 09:07 AM

I don't think Flynn is as good as people think, and didn't they trade for Love?

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 09:15 AM

Flynn is far from a bust however. And yes, they traded for Love on draft night. But he was still acquired in the draft

stealth33
08-24-2010, 09:39 AM

And if you want to take that route...they drafted Mayo for that trade to happen. Hardly a bust either...trade or not that draft was going to be good for them.

stealth33
08-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Poor Hawkeye...I thought I had it rough being a Pacers fan.

The pacers 2 second round draft picks are definitely steals. Not sure you can call George a steal since I don't see him being worthy of more than the 10 pick (just because he could easily be in the bust category). Maybe in 5 years we can look back and say he was worthy of going 5th. Or maybe we look back and wonder why he was drafted.

Also...Stephenson is a steal...but maybe not for the Pacers. Still a strong chance he gets released because of the legal issues (anyone heard an update on this?)

Mishmin
08-24-2010, 09:55 AM

The pacers 2 second round draft picks are definitely steals. Not sure you can call George a steal since I don't see him being worthy of more than the 10 pick (just because he could easily be in the bust category). Maybe in 5 years we can look back and say he was worthy of going 5th. Or maybe we look back and wonder why he was drafted.

Also...Stephenson is a steal...but maybe not for the Pacers. Still a strong chance he gets released because of the legal issues (anyone heard an update on this?)

Yeah he might be a steal, but he's been looking a bit michael vickish after tossing his girl down some stairs huh. Bird gonna let that slide?

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 09:57 AM

its called being a fan. You are either a true fan, or not.
If it helps, I am a Yankees fan :)
so I get my winning somewhere

Mishmin
08-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Also I'd call Flynn on the verge of a bust. In a draft with so many clutch pg's, flynn's not in the same class. He has moments, but gotta step it up. But Rubio was looking pretty good yesterday huh. Good luck Minn.

DeyAce
08-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Steals: Whiteside, Anderson
Busts: Johnson, Hayward, Orton

Mile High Champ
08-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I got to go with Ed Davis. He fell farther than he should of in the draft. He was easily a top 10 talent and he had a great summer league. I really do expect big things from him.

Paul George while have unreal potential could very well be a bust. Having no D1 experience is a concern in my mind.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Also I'd call Flynn on the verge of a bust. In a draft with so many clutch pg's, flynn's not in the same class. He has moments, but gotta step it up. But Rubio was looking pretty good yesterday huh. Good luck Minn.

you can't evaluate it that way. He was productive as a rookie, regardless of how many other PG's played. A bust is someone who doesn't live up to expecations. You can't blame Flynn for coming out in the year of PG's

DerekRE_3
08-24-2010, 10:14 AM
I got to go with Ed Davis. He fell farther than he should of in the draft. He was easily a top 10 talent and he had a great summer league. I really do expect big things from him.

Paul George while have unreal potential could very well be a bust. Having no D1 experience is a concern in my mind.

Fresno State is D1...

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I also hate to use the term "bust" to those who have been in the league a single season. If this was being done in 2006, Deron is a bust.

Mile High Champ
08-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Fresno State is D1...

Sorry I meant to say a weaker D1 school. Fresno state is a very bottom tier school.

stealth33
08-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah he might be a steal, but he's been looking a bit michael vickish after tossing his girl down some stairs huh. Bird gonna let that slide?

That's my point. Because of the pacers history it's going to be VERY hard to justify keeping him. He's a steal but there's a very solid chance he's a steal for another team that picks him up after we drop him. I hope not.

stealth33
08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
its called being a fan. You are either a true fan, or not.
If it helps, I am a Yankees fan :)
so I get my winning somewhere

Trust me...I know all about rooting for a "loser", the last 5 seasons.

It's a good feeling though. To love a team and stick by it. Rather than you know...being a "die hard" fan of a team since WAAAAY back in July. I won't go any further with that...you get me.

I got the Colts too so it's ok.

Lo Porto
08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Steal = Gordon Hayward. I wouldn't have said that right after the draft, but since, Utah added Jefferson and Raja and lost Matthews. Hayward could become a star since he's on a stacked team, with great complimentary players in a great system for him.

Bust = Favors. I just get the feeling that the Nets were a bad fit for him.

NYYCowboys
08-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Steal: Avery Bradley
Homer pick Steal: Landry Fields
Bust: Derrick Favors

stealth33
08-24-2010, 10:50 AM

He could honestly go either way at this point. I think he's 50/50 bust or star. I don't think there will be much in between. He has the physical tools. He will either get it or not get it. I'd be scared to label him as either a bust or steal at this point.

A guy like Hassan Whiteside is a bit easier to label as a bust (sorry fans). He also has the physical tools but seems to lack the intangibles to GROW into that potential. That's the most important thing about potential...it usually means physical tools are there...they just have to become basketball smart. I'm not sure if he's capable.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I predict Whiteside is out of the league in 5 years or less. He will be terrible, given a couple chances to due his "upside", and then be gone

NYMetros
08-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Steal - Greg Monroe. He was picked pretty early so it's hard to call him a "steal" but I think he's gonna be a great player. Watched him a lot at Georgetown, he's a special talent.
Bust - Ekpe Udoh

stealth33
08-24-2010, 11:21 AM
I predict Whiteside is out of the league in 5 years or less. He will be terrible, given a couple chances to due his "upside", and then be gone

Well when his biggest need is to grow his basketball IQ and become a smarter player, it is VERY discouraging to find out that he has a pretty arrogant attitude and is quite frankly pretty dumb. To me that sounds like a recipe for NOT growing into a smart basketball player. If he learns the NBA systems I will be surprised. He'll survive on athletics alone for a while then go away quietly.

thescore53
08-24-2010, 11:21 AM
ed davis !!!!!!!

stealth33
08-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Udoh is only going to be labeled as a bust because the Warriors massively reached for him. I think he'll be a rotation guy, nothing special. Not totally fair to call a guy a bust because a team makes a questionable decision...but I guess that's how things go.

Slimsim
08-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Landry fields is a steal

Giantwarrior
08-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I hate the Udoh pick, but no one is expecting him to be an allstar. he will be a solid defensive player like Carl Landry.

stealth33
08-24-2010, 11:27 AM
ed davis !!!!!!!

I agree he could be nice but side note:

We should totally adapt the "no homo" saying to "no homer" for these boards.

Someone wants to pick their team or player for every award...just leave "no homer" at the bottom of your post.

Hell, some people could just put it in their sigs because it applies to everything they post.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Well when his biggest need is to grow his basketball IQ and become a smarter player, it is VERY discouraging to find out that he has a pretty arrogant attitude and is quite frankly pretty dumb. To me that sounds like a recipe for NOT growing into a smart basketball player. If he learns the NBA systems I will be surprised. He'll survive on athletics alone for a while then go away quietly.

pretty much exactly what I was preaching in the Wolves board during draft talk

xM1GSx
08-24-2010, 11:29 AM
steal: Damion James. im a nets fan but he could easily have been a lottery pick.

bust: Favors i just dont think he will thrive as a net and might get traded if hes needed in a big deal.

unleashthebeast
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
i really think that as soon as da'sean butler gets healthy, he will be a perfect 6th man for miami. i also think that JOHN WALL, yes john wall, will be the bust of this draft. unless they figure out as way for someone else to take pg duties ansd slide him to sg, he has waaaaay too many turnovers to be the flloor general on an nba team

netsgiantsyanks
08-24-2010, 11:43 AM
steals:(homer pick) damion james, lance stephenson(i wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt live up to expectations, though)
busts:it has to be ekpe udoh or however the hell you spell his name.isnt he ALREADY gonna miss 6 months with a broken thumb or something??

Carter305
08-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Steaal!!-desean butler to miami in the second rnd 40sumtin pick!! When he gets over his injury he will be back to playing like a top 5 draft pic he would of been if not injured!..........udoh and a.bradley bust!!!-

xabial
08-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Steal: Avery Bradley
Homer pick Steal: Landry Fields
Bust: Derrick Favors

Eh would be shocked but not surprised. I hope Landry Fields becomes a steal. The Knicks need that break

nuggetsyankees
08-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Hayward is gonna be a huge bust

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Steaal!!-desean butler to miami in the second rnd 40sumtin pick!! When he gets over his injury he will be back to playing like a top 5 draft pic he would of been if not injured!..........udoh and a.bradley bust!!!-

great call if he can get healthy. But he would have been more like #20-25 if healthy

xabial
08-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Lance and Cuasins if they can fix themselves mentally.

ziglur
08-24-2010, 12:13 PM
If its true that this idiot picked up that girls head and slammed it on a step he should be banned. He needs to be in prison for about 10 years especially with his record and I hope he gets it. Someone who does that is insane. If its true ,there is no way Bird will keep him. Thats much worse than Artest ever did.

Gators123
08-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Steal-Ed Davis
Bust-Derrick Favors

Favors=Chris Wilcox

smith&wesson
08-24-2010, 12:14 PM
steal ed davis

bust whiteside.

runforrestrunx9
08-24-2010, 12:18 PM
butler was always regarded as a late 1st to 2nd round pick

69centers
08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Steal: Luke Harangody (2nd round, 52nd pick) who showed unexpected 3-point range in summer league, something coach Doc Rivers didn't even know he had:

"I don't know [his role], hell he's a rookie, but he can play, I can tell you that," said Rivers. "He can shoot the ball and stretch the floor. He shot the ball extremely well in summer league from behind the NBA 3-point line, which I didn't know he could do, honestly, watching him in college. I didn't know he had the range."

If he can give us anything off the bench in his first year, this will be a major steal. A strong rebounding 3/4 who can shoot from long range could be a huge asset.

jdub747
08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Steal - Gordon Hayward i don't know why everyone is saying he is a bust, did you not see him in summer league he has great length, high basketball IQ, and can knock down big shoots. he did so to win us a summer league game

Bust -Wesley Johnson, Evan Turner, Derrick Favors

DP06
08-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Steal-Ed Davis
Bust-Evan Turner(only if he stays in philly)

spreadeagle
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM

I think Monroe will be good,Im not sure how much PT Davis will get,but if Bargs stays at C he will be a nice one two punch with Amir Johnson at PF.Glad to see Davis getting some love on here though,Raps need a bright spot this year.If hes nice,you have Davis Weems Derozen,Amir Johnson...thats a team that could be nice in 2 or 3 years..Jack and Bargnani are still young too

SA5195
08-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Steal - Ebanks

Homer Steal - Ed Davis

Bust - Udoh, Hayward, and Aminu

alencp3
08-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Isnt Jeremy Lin a steal???

justinnum1
08-24-2010, 08:31 PM
steal-desean bulter
bust-orton

COOLbeans
08-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Udoh will be good, but probably not the steal of the draft..
Wes Johnson could be a bust considering all of the hype leading up.

Jenceman
08-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Bust: Demarcus Cousins, Derrick Favors, Orton.
Steal: Caracter, Davis.

MrfadeawayJB
08-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Steal= Lance Stephenson

Bust= Luke Babbit

dnl123
08-24-2010, 08:43 PM

You are a douchebag. bro.

DerekRE_3
08-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I hate the Udoh pick, but no one is expecting him to be an allstar. he will be a solid defensive player like Carl Landry.

Funny you say that...you obviously don't know much about Landry. He's an offensive minded player.

zambo4president
08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Steals: Landry Fields, Darington Hobson, Craig Brackins, Quincey Pondexter, Jordan Crawford, Damion James

Busts: Udoh, Babbitt, Seraphin, Bledsoe, Booker

Kashmir13579
08-24-2010, 09:10 PM
steal: Andy Rautins, Landry Feilds
bust: Jordan Crawford, Gordon Hayward (?)

bholly
08-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Nice to see so few mentions of Turner as a bust - there are definitely a few people in the sixers forum convinced that he will be. It's like anti-homerism or something.

VinceCarter
08-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Steal-Damion James
Bust-Jordan Crawford

That would be nice. ;)

SouljahPhil...
08-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Steal-Stephenson.,Rolle.,EBanks.,Caracter and Butler..

Bust- Udoh.,Babbitt and Heyward

John Walls Era
08-24-2010, 09:33 PM
I'll go with Lance Stephenson. Though Patrick Patterson was drafted where he was ranked, I think he will be a better player than listed.

Saad
08-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Steals - Caracter or however you spell it and Ebanks ;D
Busts - Cousins and Udoh

dtmagnet
08-24-2010, 09:54 PM
I know Ed Davis was supposed to go top 5 at one point but fell to 13 because of his wrist injury, seems like the kind of situation where you could see a steal.

td0tsfinest
08-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Ed Davis could be a steal considering most mock drafts had him going a lot higher. But I'll not be a homer, choose someone else.

Steals:
Hassan Whiteside is definitely a guy you have to look at as a steal. Jay Bilas said it best. He's a reward risk guy in the first round but as a second round pick, he's all reward.

I also like Devin Ebanks. Another guy who I thought would go in the first round. Has the tools to be a defensive stopper in this league.

As for Bust, I'm not a big fan of Greg Monroe.

topdog
08-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Steal- Lance Stephenson
Bust- Udoh on the warriors, injuries or a pf version of joe alexander (lottery pick that fades away) IMO

who are yours?

Agree with your bust pick.

Your steal f'd up by showing his true colors and the reason for which he fell. Pacers should cut him and no one should pick him up - the league can't stand for this.

My new steal of the draft is... Paul George. Some of you will say the tenth pick is not a steal but if he actually becomes a top 5 talent (of this draft) like I believe he will, I would call that a steal.

topdog
08-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Nice to see so few mentions of Turner as a bust - there are definitely a few people in the sixers forum convinced that he will be. It's like anti-homerism or something.

Well, he had a poor summerleague (by 2nd pick standards).

I think he will be a good player, but he is the player in the top 5 I expect in a few years will be "re-drafted" down at least to 6th or 7th. He was not a great pick for your team - imo. Should've taken Favors.

YoungGunz1024
08-24-2010, 10:29 PM
steal-solomon alabi
bust-gordan hayward

Red Hot Rolllin
08-24-2010, 10:30 PM
steal Demarcus cousin

Bust: Wesley Johnson

agreed:clap: but then again its the Wolves.. they only play Love 25 minutes a game off the bench.

also I like Lance Stephenson and Carachter for the Lakers as steals

topdog
08-24-2010, 11:22 PM
agreed:clap: but then again its the Wolves.. they only play Love 25 minutes a game off the bench.

also I like Lance Stephenson and Carachter for the Lakers as steals

Hey the wolves have made some great draft picks: Ray Allen, Brandon Roy, O.J. Mayo and dare I say Ricky Rubio. They just made some horrible trades afterward...

New era is here. Watch out for dem wolves!

LTBaByyy
08-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Im just gonna say it....

Bust: Turner.

Yes he's amazing but a few years from now i think people will be thinking of him like beasley. he's pretty good but hasnt lived up to being picked number 2

aussiepiston
08-25-2010, 02:03 AM
Steals: Cousin's/Whiteside/Aldrich/Harangody/Lawal (+ pleeaasse Monroe)

Busts: Turner/Favors/Hayward

abe_froman
08-25-2010, 02:08 AM
i thought steal was a term use for later picks(late first-2nd round),no.

cuz i see alot lotto picks being named in this thread

Number2Pick
08-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Steals - Terrico White, Greg Monroe

Bust- Udoh

Kashmir13579
08-25-2010, 03:08 AM
to anyone who thinks wes johnson is a bust,
have you ever seen him play? theres no way he will be a bust. worst case scenario he's shawn marion with a much better shot.

Hellcrooner
08-25-2010, 03:09 AM
who did the cliuppers drft? the curse will make them busts.

Whi did the lakers or spurs draft=? they will develop into something.

dont ask me why but its been like that for ages now.

CityofChaos
08-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Steals: Ed Davis and Xavier Henry when he gets signed. The guy can shoot and is a very smart player.

Bust: Aminu, Favors, Hayward