PDA

View Full Version : Did Greg Oden kill the Blazers potential?

GodsSon
08-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Right after the 07 draft a lot of people were saying the Blazers were poised to be a dynasty in the making with a young core that consisted of Roy, Aldridge, Oden, Outlaw and Webster.

The next year the Blazers struck gold once again by landing Bayless and Batum in the first round, further adding to their cache of young assets; yet, for the second season in a row, Oden was forced to the sidelines and had essentially missed 2 full seasons.

Although he looked promising last season before his third major injury, will that pick hinder what we all thought the Blazers could become? Not only is it being looked at as a waste of a 1st overall (especially with Durant going 2nd), Oden himself is being called a bust after being referred to as the next coming of Bill Russell coming out of Ohio.

So what do you think? Will the selection of Greg Oden and his knees end up costing the Blazers from the glory that many of us envisioned they would attain?

xabial
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Its not his fault his bodys not made for basketball.

GodsSon
08-23-2010, 07:26 PM

I'm not saying it's his fault...but did his injuries inexplicably kill the Blazers future? I think they did

blastmasta26
08-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Possibly. With Oden healthy, that's a very strong team in the West. But without him playing, I don't think they can be a top team.

Klivlend
08-23-2010, 07:29 PM
The kid is only 22. He could still pan out to be a good player. Wait and see what happens this season, at least. Some players don't enter the league until they're 22.

JordansBulls
08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
No he didn't.

masalex1205
08-23-2010, 07:33 PM
No

GodsSon
08-23-2010, 07:39 PM
No he didn't.

Explain...you're talking about a young team that had the chance to add another MAJOR piece to their core by winning the lottery, one being called a franchise centre with defensive anchor potential, and yet he turns into an injury-prone big who's missed the majority of his first 3 seasons...losing out on that selection will really hurt them

sofargone
08-23-2010, 07:45 PM
There is still time for the Blazers to make some noise. I think they have to wait for the Lakers to decline though. Besides Oden is still young, for all we know the Blazers still have the potential to become a dynasty.

SA5195
08-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Yea some what. Roy's health will have to come in case too.

If the whole team could've stayed healthy, then they could've been a dangerous playoff team IMO.

Sir Buckets
08-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Not yet. He's still young and has potential.

If things don't change, then yeah.

thescore53
08-23-2010, 08:03 PM

really ?

Flojo
08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
For the past few years? Obviously.
Is their chance at making at being a contending team permanently damaged because of his injuries? Most likely not. Oden is still young. If he can get over his injuries and make a splash when he gets back, Portland becomes a very very good team.

Ovratd1up
08-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Greg Oden is the Blazers' potential.

jiggin
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
wow, this is the stupidest post ever. How old is Greg Oden? 23?

LOL - yeah...he ****ed up the blazers, that is why they are winning 50+ games regularly WITHOUT him.

Better hope he is a flop and doesn't come back...cause adding him to a 50+ win ball club over a entire season could mean trouble in the West.

PS - that core foundation of the blazers that posts 50+ wins a year is signed for 4 more years. I think the window is just now opening for them. :)

blackjack_119
08-23-2010, 08:17 PM
They were a 50 win team with Juwan Howard starting at Center for 1/3 of the season. If they have a healthy Greg Oden (or Marcus Camby), they are the second best team in the Western Conference.

Look at all the injuries they sustained yet still won 50 games:
Oden (Out 61 games)
Przybilla (Out 52 games (All the same as Oden))
Batum (Out 45 games)
Outlaw (Missed Half the season)
Rudy Fernandez (Missed 20 games and played hurt most of the season)
Brandon Roy (Missed 17 games)

The team was 30-13 when either Oden or Camby started.

dodie53
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM
i hope he can stay healthy and play

John Walls Era
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM
No I think its more the young players reached their ceiling; like Roy and Aldridge. That being said, the Blazers would be better with a healthy Oden (which is a huge boost given they won 50 games last year).

matt800
08-23-2010, 08:29 PM
I think this wave of injuries will pass for Oden, and he will end up being a good player.

But even if he doesn't I think Portland still has a great chance at contention. Their franchise and players are dedicated. Plus they have a lot of trade pieces, future cap space, and Paul Allen as their owner. They have the means to bring in another superstar if they need to.

The Blazers are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

GodsSon
08-23-2010, 08:33 PM
wow, this is the stupidest post ever. How old is Greg Oden? 23?

LOL - yeah...he ****ed up the blazers, that is why they are winning 50+ games regularly WITHOUT him.

Better hope he is a flop and doesn't come back...cause adding him to a 50+ win ball club over a entire season could mean trouble in the West.

PS - that core foundation of the blazers that posts 50+ wins a year is signed for 4 more years. I think the window is just now opening for them. :)

So winning 50 games means instant titles? Read my original post again

Shammyguy3
08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
What the hell is this thread for? Is Oden 30 years old or something? When he's on the court, he's a ****ing beast. He's a top 20 player when healthy with his defense, rebounding, and ridiculous efficiency.

No, he did not kill the Blazer's potential. The injuries (which are a ****-load of bad luck by the way) are stunting the Blazer's potential right now. If Oden is healthy, it'll be a Lakers vs Blazers WCF and that **** would go 7 games.

alencp3
08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Oden is like what 88' born that makes him 21 or 22 he has a bunch of time to prove and be injury free u cant just make him bust after 3 seasons

dhopisthename
08-23-2010, 08:36 PM
well the reality is that if they would have drafted durant they probably would have a real shot to beat the lakers, as it is they have a good team around roy and when oden is healthy he is pretty good

Hiphopopotamus
08-23-2010, 09:29 PM
well the reality is that if they would have drafted durant they probably would have a real shot to beat the lakers, as it is they have a good team around roy and when oden is healthy he is pretty good

Yep. Oden only killed their potential in the sense that they missed out on a potential perennial MVP candidate in Durant

jobie420
08-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Oden has potential to be a great center. He just had a streak of bad luck. He played hurt at Ohio state. Greg needs to look positive because when he plays confident he is one of the top centers in the league. The blazers title hopes are more on b-Roy and lamarcus Aldridge. Durrant would be great for the blazers but the draft of 07 they really needed a center for the future and oden will be a huge force in the NBA along as he takes it slow. The blazers will win a title sometime and oden will have a big part of that championship.

SugeKnight
08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
oden is gonna be good. when hes healthy he is a top 5 C

SupeUnagi
08-23-2010, 09:53 PM
i really want to see how good that team can be if he stays healthy

netsgiantsyanks
08-23-2010, 10:03 PM
no, like sam bowie didnt kill their potential in the 80s, they were still a good ****ing team

Geargo Wallace
08-23-2010, 10:10 PM
it was all Brandon Roy's fault

xbrackattackx
08-23-2010, 10:43 PM
I like Oden. I think he is a good player when he's in there he can block with the best of them.

Ovratd1up
08-23-2010, 11:00 PM
oden is gonna be good. when hes healthy he is a top 5 C

Dwight
Yao
Bogut
?
Oden

I suppose you can fill the five out with Bynum. But if he stays relatively healthy, and that's still a huge if, he's potentially the second best center in the league.

boriquaabe
08-24-2010, 01:29 AM
They were a 50 win team with Juwan Howard starting at Center for 1/3 of the season. If they have a healthy Greg Oden (or Marcus Camby), they are the second best team in the Western Conference.

Oden (Out 61 games)
Batum (Out 45 games)

And what kind of record do they have with Kevin Durant?

jobie420
08-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Batum is just as young as durant with a very bright future. I am not saying he is the next durant but I think he will a better tashaun prince.

nuggetsyankees
08-24-2010, 01:52 AM
even when he does play he gets in foul trouble

Ovratd1up
08-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Batum is just as young as durant with a very bright future. I am not saying he is the next durant but I think he will a better tashaun prince.

The other extra-underrated player that wears a Blazers jersey. He will be very good. That's all I know.

even when he does play he gets in foul trouble

Yeah, this is the knock on him. But besides this, he beasts when in.

Whomewhome
08-24-2010, 05:27 AM
considering they could have drafted Kevin Durant. YES he messed it up but not his fault.

jiggin
08-24-2010, 07:20 AM
So winning 50 games means instant titles? Read my original post again

half of winning titles is regularly making it into the playoffs. everyone knows that its about getting hot at the time you enter the playoffs not being the "best team" all year.

The blazers since turning from the "jailblazers" in 07 started with 41 wins and have posted 50+ since each year. I think that shows consistency and is big feat out in the tough western conference. Mind you...as stated before, that has been WITHOUT greg oden.

Now...add in greg oden and I think the blazers leap even further in the playoffs with oden. We have not seen the potential of Oden...but we will.

cmellofan15
08-24-2010, 08:04 AM
What the hell is this thread for? Is Oden 30 years old or something? When he's on the court, he's a ****ing beast. He's a top 20 player when healthy with his defense, rebounding, and ridiculous efficiency.

:laugh2:

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 08:14 AM
I think you can blame overall health for their subpar season last year ( I call it that because this is an elite team when healthy), but by no means can you blame Oden for killing the Blazers potential when he, and the rest of the core, are all very young, with plenty of time to get the health bug behind them.
In 10 years, if Oden never contributed anything, and Durant has led OKC to a championship, then we can reasonably debate this.
But its way too early. The window for the Blazers is barely opening. Let it run its course, and we will find out

On a side note, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of the "If Portland had drafted Durant" discussions. 27 GM's were taking Oden. Get over it peeps

HouRealCoach
08-24-2010, 08:24 AM
I hope he can stay healthy cause he played great before the injury but they also had a million other injuries

HouRealCoach
08-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Dwight
Yao
Bogut
?
Oden

I suppose you can fill the five out with Bynum. But if he stays relatively healthy, and that's still a huge if, he's potentially the second best center in the league.

Lopez, Kaman, Marc Gasol Bynum, are all better at this point

jiggin
08-24-2010, 08:59 AM

you will see...

IndyRealist
08-24-2010, 09:06 AM

I doubt that Brandon Roy and Kevin Durant could have played on the same team and done it well. Maybe it could have been MJ/Pippen, but their games are very similar.

To the OP, if Oden hadn't been injured his entire first season, they likely would have placed higher. Would they still have gotten Batum?

Hiphopopotamus
08-24-2010, 09:48 AM

At this point you can argue Noah and Perkins are too

Khalifa21
08-24-2010, 09:57 AM
No, the Blazers are still one really talented team.

I think it's unfair to call Oden a bust... He has one full season of games in his NBA resume (82 career games) and in the time he's been fit he's shown a hell of a lot of potential. I really hope the guy has a similar success story to Big Z. He came into the league and suffered some really bad foot injuries and was almost out of the league at one point. He came back to have a really solid NBA career though and I hope Oden can do the same and fulfill his enormous potential.

If he could remain fit and establish himself as a top 5 center in the league the Lakers could be in trouble.

Ovratd1up
08-24-2010, 10:08 AM

I know, I mean when was the last time Oden put up thirty? He sucks! Hahahaha

I don't think Lopez and Kaman are. They are bigs who score at an average efficiency and play average at best defense, and don't rebound the ball as well as a center should. You can make a case for Marc and Bynum. But in three to five years, he could be better than all of them.

At this point you can argue Noah and Perkins are too

Noah no, and Perkins is close but no. Again, this is when healthy.

Sandman
08-24-2010, 10:10 AM
greg oden is the blazers potential

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 10:11 AM
I know, I mean when was the last time Oden put up thirty? He sucks! Hahahaha

I don't think Lopez and Kaman are. They are bigs who score at an average efficiency and play average at best defense, and don't rebound the ball as well as a center should. You can make a case for Marc and Bynum. But in three to five years, he could be better than all of them.

Noah no, and Perkins is close but no. Again, this is when healthy.

I take Noah over Perkins anyday

Ovratd1up
08-24-2010, 10:19 AM
I take Noah over Perkins anyday

Depends what you need on your team. Perkins is a much better man defender, but Noah has an edge in a lot of other things. Perkins probably fits better in Boston and Noah probably fits better in Chicago. But Perkins is probably more similar to Oden than Noah, so the comparison is more valid.

macc
08-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Greg Oden at the time was the safe pic. You can't teach size and he's shown potential in what he could develop to. So I wouldn't call him a bust just yet. Its bothersome how fast somone will call somone a bust so soon. A bust is somone who doesn't live up to their potential. Oden hasn't shown us what his potential is. You can call him injury prone, but at this early stage of his career you can't call him a bust.

Personally I hope he comes back strong this year and becomes an elite Center in this league. We're lacking them so a few all stars in the making would be nice.

DeyAce
08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
he is never going to reach his full potential

Sandman
08-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Greg Oden at the time was the safe pic. You can't teach size and he's shown potential in what he could develop to. So I wouldn't call him a bust just yet. Its bothersome how fast somone will call somone a bust so soon. A bust is somone who doesn't live up to their potential. Oden hasn't shown us what his potential is. You can call him injury prone, but at this early stage of his career you can't call him a bust.

Personally I hope he comes back strong this year and becomes an elite Center in this league. We're lacking them so a few all stars in the making would be nice.
its not exactly fast, its the 4th and final year of his rookie contract.

potential or not, the blazers are going to be faced with either signing him to a long term deal or praying no other team gives him an offer they have to match.

jiggin
08-24-2010, 11:49 AM

potential or not, the blazers are going to be faced with either signing him to a long term deal or praying no other team gives him an offer they have to match.

or them resigning him to a contract that is A) back loaded and B) has some sort of "you owe us" approach with the $ since Oden has said MANY times he feels very bad about not living up to HIS expectations in portland. He loves being on a team with so many young great players with very high ceilings; Roy, Aldridge, Batum ect, and who wouldn't...He also LOVES it in portland...which is a huge plus.

I think if he returns to health it will be an easy decision for the blazers and oden. If not...who knows.

Sandman
08-24-2010, 11:57 AM
its the NBA when was the last time a player got a backloaded or incentive laden contract?

even darko got a 3/21 offer after his rookie contract. you have to think teams would at least be willing to throw a max MLE contract at him.

Klivlend
08-24-2010, 12:14 PM

Caught me off guard, but there is a lot of truth to this statement

he is never going to reach his full potential

Boy, do I hope you're wrong...

GodsSon
08-24-2010, 12:53 PM

Pretty much my point...if he doesn't pan out the Blazers won't be as good as we all thought they would have been.

rhymeratic
08-24-2010, 01:00 PM
LMAO to this thread

Red Hot Rolllin
08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Oden was worth the risk, sure he suffered two injuries that were season killers but he is still very young true Center and I for one love that he is in our pipeline. Shawn Kemp thunderess dunks a coming!

Blazers are def underdogs now with all the limelight on OKC out west and thats fine with me we have much to prove in the post season but when the dust settles this year many of you will be eating crow IMO! We got 6th seed last year with half our roster gone and three of our best players Roy, Batum and Oden missing major action. How many teams win 50 games with 3 starters missing. Take Kobe and Gasol off the Lakers and see how many games they rack up.

That said make or break year!

Predictions are like ... holes! Let the games begin!

macc
08-24-2010, 02:09 PM

Did you say going into his fourth year? This is actually will only be his 3rd actually playing, maybe 4th year of his contract (I didn't look it up). He played 61 games in 08-09 and 21 games in 09-10.

In 09-10 he was avg 11 ppg 8.5 rebounds 2.3 blks in only 24 mpg while shooting 60.5%. Those stats are not bad considering hes what? 19-20 yrs old and not even close to be fully developed.

So yes I am saying people are extrememly fast for calling him a bust. Guys his size with his potential are extrememly rare. Portland has no choice but to re sign him. Yes it's a risk, but nothing is a guarentee in the NBA. Savy

Sandman
08-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Did you say going into his fourth year? This is actually will only be his 3rd actually playing, maybe 4th year of his contract (I didn't look it up). He played 61 games in 08-09 and 21 games in 09-10.
yes 4th year of his contract

Yes it's a risk, but nothing is a guarentee in the NBA. Savy
contracts are guaranteed in the NBA and Oden needs a new one.

Missing56&33
08-24-2010, 02:38 PM
put it this way..... I bet its killing Nate Mcmillian to see Durant in practice everyday with team USA.....reason????you already know.

Yunqn
08-24-2010, 02:43 PM
are you serious for this post?
really so you put your franchise on a rookie?

leave oden alone.. really
the blazers decided to have a soft pf
the blazers decided to overpay miller just because they didnt want to give a lottery pick in bayless a shot..

they had injuries.. and they had a no perimeter defenders at all.. and many were picking them to early.. now is there time.. not before..

if greg oden had stayed healthy last season he was all star bound..when healthy if he learns how to not commit easy fouls then theres no big in the nba with his defensive potiential..
greg oden couldve have been better than dwight by alot.. greg could score and was just as good as brook lopez and yao at the free throw line..

theres not one person or gm who would have picked durant over oden.. so stop with the what if.. because what if he had stayed healthy.. greg would be the best big uin the league by now.. easily too.. greg was soo likeable but dominate if the injuries didnt get to him.. so next time you talk about greg look at his numbers and age.. if noah gets talked about then oden should have a song after him..

the blazers killed themsleves..

getting alridge too shoot more cost them..getting andre miller killed them
not making a deal for stoudemire or bosh because your so obessed with having to win every trade killed them.. not having any true perimeter defender killed them..injuries killed them..not giving guys a chance killed them..bayless & rudy..

bayless
roy
batum
stoudemire
oden

rudy,prz,camby & etc.. but because the blazers HAVE to win everything.. thats why..

dont fault greg oden.. becuase when hes healthy even with the surgeries hes still putting up all star numbers..

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
are you serious for this post?
really so you put your franchise on a rookie?

leave oden alone.. really
the blazers decided to have a soft pf
the blazers decided to overpay miller just because they didnt want to give a lottery pick in bayless a shot..

they had injuries.. and they had a no perimeter defenders at all.. and many were picking them to early.. now is there time.. not before..

if greg oden had stayed healthy last season he was all star bound..when healthy if he learns how to not commit easy fouls then theres no big in the nba with his defensive potiential..
greg oden couldve have been better than dwight by alot.. greg could score and was just as good as brook lopez and yao at the free throw line..

theres not one person or gm who would have picked durant over oden.. so stop with the what if.. because what if he had stayed healthy.. greg would be the best big uin the league by now.. easily too.. greg was soo likeable but dominate if the injuries didnt get to him.. so next time you talk about greg look at his numbers and age.. if noah gets talked about then oden should have a song after him..

the blazers killed themsleves..

getting alridge too shoot more cost them..getting andre miller killed them
not making a deal for stoudemire or bosh because your so obessed with having to win every trade killed them.. not having any true perimeter defender killed them..injuries killed them..not giving guys a chance killed them..bayless & rudy..

bayless
roy
batum
stoudemire
oden

rudy,prz,camby & etc.. but because the blazers HAVE to win everything.. thats why..

dont fault greg oden.. becuase when hes healthy even with the surgeries hes still putting up all star numbers..

while I bring this point up, Orlando, LAL, and Houston all would have taken Durant. The other 27 teams, you are right on

Yunqn
08-24-2010, 02:57 PM

but people dont get that..
because theyr not true basketball fans..
they just talk to talk..
him mentally now is the problem.. but the day he says im not caring anymore and i got to stop thinking about it.. will be the day we have threads saying dwight vs oden.. because dwight isnt as good as oden hadnt oden gotten injuried.. but only people who dont know what there talking about say..

"dont the blazers wished they picked durant instead"
yea dont the sixers wish they had a cyrstal ball to say get kobe

those are the people who never know what there talking about..

odens far from a bust... he's miles away.. injuries dont mean bust.. it means he's INJURIED.. get off his d*ck.. the celtics tanked to get oden i dont here a complaint about them..why becuase they moved on.. the blazers didnt and neither did there fans.. you guys besides b.roy,nate and draft scouts is really pathetic.... everything..and i mean everything else..ya not as good as advertised..

Yunqn
08-24-2010, 03:02 PM
while I bring this point up, Orlando, LAL, and Houston all would have taken Durant. The other 27 teams, you are right on

whats the point of bringing that up? thats obvs.
and idk about l.a because bynum was already a injuried guy..if they had a chance at oden they wouldve def taken him and traded bynum for a wing..

it was 07-08..and bynum wouldnt had been taken over durant.. only oden..l.a wouldve went the oden route to get even better.. l.a's model isnt to outscore from the wing.. they always wanted size and height to go with there perimeter guy in kobe..

BlazingJ
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
I think we all should wait another year for Oden, i mean last year, he was looking like an allstar before he got hurt. His last game he got 13 points 20 rebounds and 4 blocks!

Double_R
08-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I think we all should wait another year for Oden, i mean last year, he was looking like an allstar before he got hurt. His last game he got 13 points 20 rebounds and 4 blocks!

For what when he turns 50...

jiggin
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM

anyone outside of the NW or maybe the W won't know what you are talking about. The only thing most people know about Oden is that he is "constantly hurt", had naked pictures of himself on the net, and then they thrown in the Sam Bowie crap.

Beyond that...they are clueless. Portland never gets the attention it deserves from the NBA fan base, mainly because they aren't in the East and team all media talks about in the West is in LA.

Its actually a plus for the organization. They are ignored and have quietly become a 50+ win franchise that doesn't look to regress anytime soon. There are dozens of East coast teams that would love to be in that position but aren't yet are talked about more in the media day after day. :facepalm:

Its kind of like the city itself...off the map (so to speak) yet an amazing place to live. Its best that word doesn't get out though or all the losers will move there and jack it up.

KnicksorBust
08-24-2010, 03:58 PM
anyone outside of the NW or maybe the W won't know what you are talking about. The only thing most people know about Oden is that he is "constantly hurt", had naked pictures of himself on the net, and then they thrown in the Sam Bowie crap.

Beyond that...they are clueless. Portland never gets the attention it deserves from the NBA fan base, mainly because they aren't in the East and team all media talks about in the West is in LA.

Its actually a plus for the organization. They are ignored and have quietly become a 50+ win franchise that doesn't look to regress anytime soon. There are dozens of East coast teams that would love to be in that position but aren't yet are talked about more in the media day after day. :facepalm:

Its kind of like the city itself...off the map (so to speak) yet an amazing place to live. Its best that word doesn't get out though or all the losers will move there and jack it up.

Don't forget the underrated rabid fan base.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2010, 04:00 PM
whats the point of bringing that up? thats obvs.
and idk about l.a because bynum was already a injuried guy..if they had a chance at oden they wouldve def taken him and traded bynum for a wing..

it was 07-08..and bynum wouldnt had been taken over durant.. only oden..l.a wouldve went the oden route to get even better.. l.a's model isnt to outscore from the wing.. they always wanted size and height to go with there perimeter guy in kobe..

because you said every team, and insiders at that time had 27 teams taking Oden, 3 taking Durant with the #1 pick
Just correcting an absolute statement. All the rest I pretty much agree with to a degree

jiggin
08-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Don't forget the underrated rabid fan base.

I can't remember where I read it but the Blazers fan base was ranked one of the most knowledgeable and dedicated in the league. I remember one writer saying he couldn't believe that the place was a sell out every night, yet if you walk out by the concession stands during a game, its quiet and a ghost town because EVERYONE is in their seats watching the game.

i guess the fan base would have to be pretty dedicated to stick with that team during the JailBlazers era. :) what a bunch of thugs those years had out on the court.

blazerman
08-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Oden (Out 61 games)
Batum (Out 45 games)

nice

blazerman
08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
No Oden didnt kill the Blazers, injuries to him and many others have to a point.

Healthy the Blazers could easily win 60 plus games and be in the west finals this yr or even the finals. The Lakers are a great team but they are not unbeatable, I know Portland can beat them and if healthy in the playoffs then I think Portland will be the team to end the Lakers run not the Heat.

A few yrs back the Lakers where good but a mid season deal for Gasol is what put them over the top, Portland has a ton of pieces to make a deal for an impact player (dont really need one) but if healthy and they do acquire another solid player then watch out. Health is the main thing for the Blazers, anything else is icing.