PDA

View Full Version : Worst team in NBA next season?

Forbo
08-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Whos going to have the worst record in the NBA this season?

asandhu23
08-23-2010, 02:32 PM
checking the crystal ball.....

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I can't vote for my Timberpuppies. I just can't

Forbo
08-23-2010, 02:58 PM

They probably wont be last my guess is Raptors, atleast Timberwolves have some big names Love, Flynn, and Beasley

Bob_at_york
08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
They probably wont be last my guess is Raptors, atleast Timberwolves have some big names Love, Flynn, and Beasley

What makes Love and Flynn bigger names than Bargnani and Calderon (or Jack for that matter)?

rurichie
08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Raptors easily the Nets have a whole new team and they won't even be close to as bad as last year.

Young and Stupid
08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Raptors easily the Nets have a whole new team and they won't even be close to as bad as last year.

And you're completely objective in this matter, correct?

Sadds The Gr8
08-23-2010, 03:21 PM
What makes Love and Flynn bigger names than Bargnani and Calderon (or Jack for that matter)?

Exactly. Love and Flynn haven't done **** to be considered "big names".

beasted86
08-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Timberwolves.

But I think the Wizards will surprise a few people when they are contending for worst record again. Their schedule is really tough.

Forbo
08-23-2010, 03:23 PM

Calderon is okay
He has great vision but isnt that great on the offensive end
Bargnani will be the raptors best player
Demar will probably be in for a break out year

Minimal
08-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Raptors and Timberwolves prolly, maybe Cleveland.
Raptors are kinda whole new team so I can't really say they will be the worst.
Bargnani, Calderon, Derozan, Kleiza, Weems, Jack... they will be ok.

greek miami hea
08-23-2010, 03:26 PM
its got to be the raptors...
bosh is gone
turkoglu is gone
they have some good players but they are not something special

Bob_at_york
08-23-2010, 03:32 PM
bosh is gone
turkoglu is gone

none of the teams listed in this poll will probably be something special, that is why they are in the poll in the first place.

Covert
08-23-2010, 03:33 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves.

Bob_at_york
08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Calderon is okay

Isn't that great? He is averaging pretty much 50% from the field and 10 ppg in his career. He isn't a chucker, he is very efficient. 50% from a PG is damn good in my books.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Timberwolves.

But I think the Wizards will surprise a few people when they are contending for worst record again. Their schedule is really tough.

Is it any tougher than the schedules of every other team in the league?

The Raven
08-23-2010, 03:38 PM
I would say the Raptors

Rafer17
08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Nets are a potential playoff team

MrfadeawayJB
08-23-2010, 04:12 PM

I can ....T-Wolves

thescore53
08-23-2010, 04:23 PM

love ? flynn ? beasly ? big names

thescore53
08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
bosh is gone
turkoglu is gone

turk being gone is a bad thing in what way ezactly.

Bob_at_york
08-23-2010, 04:29 PM
turk being is a bad thing in what way ezactly.

Very talented offensive player who could create open looks for teammates. Also his versatility and size was also very useful.

smith&wesson
08-23-2010, 04:30 PM
T WOLVES, THEY LOST AL JEF AND REPLACED HIM WITH LOL LOL LOL HOLD ON WAIT FOR IT.

MILICIC AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA:laugh:

thescore53
08-23-2010, 04:30 PM

they wont win only 12 games for sure. but they havent really improved much. i really dont see them winning more than 22 games

thescore53
08-23-2010, 04:31 PM
T WOLVES, THEY LOST AL JEF AND REPLACED HIM WITH LOL LOL LOL HOLD ON WAIT FOR IT.

MILICIC AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA:laugh:

. they replaced big al for beasley

VinceCarter
08-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Nets are a potential playoff team

People don't understand how completely different the Nets are for the better.

8th-13th seed in the East sounds realistic. They're hard to predict but with that talent, great management, and a great chemistry I can see them battling for the 8th seed.

HEATMANIA1
08-23-2010, 04:40 PM

:laugh: Don't worry,the raptors will have this crown! I actually think Timberwolves have an ok season!

beasted86
08-23-2010, 04:51 PM

Yes.

Not every team plays ever other team the same amount of times.

Just for reference the Wizards play the Magic, Heat, Hawks, Celtics, Bulls, Bucks, and Bobcats, all 4 times for the season. Those are tough teams they will struggle against in my opinion.

I also know you can't win in the East without defense, and they don't have a lot of it.

clutchski
08-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Calderon is okay
Bargnani will be the raptors best player
Demar will probably be in for a break out year

wow...did you mean on the defensive end?? Calderon isn't the quickest..but he has a great offensive game.

YankeesNets11
08-23-2010, 04:58 PM
T-Wolves

thescore53
08-23-2010, 05:00 PM
:laugh: Don't worry,the raptors will have this crown! I actually think Timberwolves have an ok season!

whateva playa.

Sadds The Gr8
08-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Very talented offensive player who could create open looks for teammates. Also his versatility and size was also very useful.

didn't work in toronto though, we have 2 ball handling PGs. He COULD have been useful but in the end he wasn't that much.

Kashmir13579
08-23-2010, 05:03 PM
t-wolves will not be the worst in the nba. they will not even be the worst in the west. they will not make the playoffs by any stretch but wes johnson is the real deal.

Tom Stone
08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Alot of people seem to have My Raps as the worst team, and I do understand why...but to the very few like myself , who know bosh was over rated, and I don't want to put all the blame on him, it was more of a collective problem with him and barg....Together they were the weakest defenceive presence in the nba in the paint...and anyone who knows anything about basketball knows, if you don't play D...you don't win, not steady anyway...so one had to go, if we were ever going to play Defence...barg avg 17 last season with bosh, also know as the black hole...because when the ball goes to him, it doesn't come out...he really hurt ball movement and everyones game around him...so I'm glab barg is the one that stayed, he gets his points in the flow of an offence and is a great passer...we won't have the black hole problem with barg being a bigger part of the offence, I'm interested to see how that works out...also out of the two, barg is the better defender and blocker...so our defence will improve just by getting rid of bosh.
There is alot more I could get into with a breakdown of the addition by sabtraction situation...and on a personal note I love our young guns...and look forward to seeing them prove people wrong:)

greek miami hea
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
none of the teams listed in this poll will probably be something special, that is why they are in the poll in the first place.

YEAH ,THATS PROBABLY IT BUT for some reason im very high on the t wolves..i want them to do ok

greek miami hea
08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
turk being gone is a bad thing in what way ezactly.

i dont know exaclty the reason why turkogly didnt do well in toronto...but in general he is a very very good player and he has so many skills such as shooting,creating for others and some rebounding...

VinceCarter
08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
ESPN is launching rankings for teams over the next 4 days today they released number 30-25. They were as follows:

30-Timberwolves
29-Pistons
28-Raptors
27-Pacers (yes with Collison considered)
26-Wizards
25-Nets

With the most highly anticipated free-agency period in NBA history now in the books, ESPN Insider is surveying the new landscape of the Association over the next five days. Chris Broussard examines what changed for each team and what issues still linger, before ranking the teams from No. 30 to No. 1 for the coming season. And John Hollinger weighs in with per-40 minute statistical projections for each squad's starting lineup.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=5480670

j-bay
08-23-2010, 08:00 PM
this is the wizards schedule
http://www.nba.com/wizards/schedule/
you might be doubting then to quickly they went 3-1 vs the celtics last season

ChaseHamels
08-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Raptors, easily.

beasted86
08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Calderon isn't the quickest..but he has a great offensive game.

:no:

yanksknicksgmen
08-23-2010, 08:17 PM
T wolves, How are the Nets even in discussion of being the worst ?

thescore53
08-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Raptors, easily.

i smell i sig bet

thescore53
08-23-2010, 08:30 PM
:no:

better offense pg than any pg on the heat

Bulls_fan90
08-23-2010, 08:31 PM
T wolves, How are the Nets even in discussion of being the worst ?

Because they went 12 and 70 last season. :confused:

Jets012
08-23-2010, 08:38 PM

That doesnt mean they are the worst team this season

VinceCarter
08-23-2010, 08:39 PM

It's a completely different team for the better though and their management is completely different for the better.

I don't get how people use the 12 wins as a excuse for them being bad that was last year and last year was a completely different team.

It's hating at it's weirdest...

Jets012
08-23-2010, 08:40 PM
It's a completely different team for the better though and their management is completely different for the better.

I don't get how people use the 12 wins as a excuse for them being bad that was last year and last year was a completely different team.

totally agree

king4day
08-23-2010, 08:41 PM
I say Wolves. But that's iffy. I really want to see Beasley become something there. That could be a very good team if he can live up to some expectations finally.

beasted86
08-23-2010, 08:43 PM
better offense pg than any pg on the heat

:laugh: ... glad that's a comforting thought for you.

No, but seriously, Calderon isn't great at anything... not even FT shooting. He's "good" at a couple things, but far from great at anything. You guys should pray there is a GM out there crazy enough to eat that bad contract.

Jarrett Jack is better, and has a more reasonable contract to deal with while your team rebuilds. Trade him while you still can.

thescore53
i dont see how nets have improved much. if harris regains form then yeah

SA5195
We'll probably be in the bottom 3, but hopefully not the worst.

I'm gonna say the Timberwolves.

thescore53
08-23-2010, 08:46 PM
:laugh: ... glad that's a comforting thought for you.

No, but seriously, Calderon isn't great at anything... not even FT shooting. He's "good" at a couple things, but far from great at anything. You guys should pray there is a GM out there crazy enough to eat that bad contract.

Jarrett Jack is better, and has a more reasonable contract to deal with while your team rebuilds. Trade him while you still can.

he has the freethrow percentage record

Jets012
08-23-2010, 08:48 PM
i dont see how nets have improved much. if harris regains form then yeah

Well first off they drafted 2 first round picks in Favors and James. Second, they landed a couple of good role players and a potential starter in Outlaw, Morrow, and Petro. They then signed a great coach in Avery Johnson to lead a completely changed coaching staff. They also traded Courtney Lee for Troy Murphy who can give you 14 pts and 9 rbs a night. Now if the nets can improve some of their young talent like t will, favors, and lopez they might just have an outside chance for a playoff team.

sofargone
08-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Craptors in the East, Wolves in the West

thescore53
08-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Craptors in the East, Wolves in the West

what a loyal fan :facepalm:

bholly
08-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes.

Not every team plays ever other team the same amount of times.

Just for reference the Wizards play the Magic, Heat, Hawks, Celtics, Bulls, Bucks, and Bobcats, all 4 times for the season. Those are tough teams they will struggle against in my opinion.

I also know you can't win in the East without defense, and they don't have a lot of it.

They're also unlucky in that they don't get to play the Wizards, while every other team does.

VinceCarter
08-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Well first off they drafted 2 first round picks in Favors and James. Second, they landed a couple of good role players and a potential starter in Outlaw, Morrow, and Petro. They then signed a great coach in Avery Johnson to lead a completely changed coaching staff. They also traded Courtney Lee for Troy Murphy who can give you 14 pts and 9 rbs a night. Now if the nets can improve some of their young talent like t will, favors, and lopez they might just have an outside chance for a playoff team.

You forgot Jordan Farmar.

And also if the chemistry is right they have loads of potential.

If somebody really can't see the improvements they're simply not very knowledgable at all.

Jets012
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
You forgot Jordan Farmar.

And also if the chemistry is right they have loads of potential.

If somebody really can't see the improvements they're simply not very knowledgable at all.

yea srry

topdog
08-23-2010, 09:12 PM

What whole new team? Outlaw and Morrow?

In a couple years, Nets should be pretty spiffy, but until they develop a bit more and add some talent at the wings, they are my repeat choice.

topdog
08-23-2010, 09:29 PM
I have yet to here a Nets fan pose a convincing argument about how they are either "re-made" or significantly better than last year.

Yes Lopez is a very nice center, Favors will eventually be a force and Harris should experience a revival under Johnson, but development doesn't happen suddenly and they still have a pretty weak supporting cast:

Morrow: shooter, who doesn't fill it up in Oakland? Has anyone seen him actually play defense?

Farmar: Second unit player on a championship team. Sure he could score a few points but that was with plenty of decoys. Wouldn't have been a 1st round pick in '09 (the year of the PG).

Outlaw: Nice 6th man with streaky scoring potential. Got too much $$$ to put on the Jersey.

Petro: Are you kidding me!? One of Seattle's many failed center projects. Averaged 3.4pts 3.6 rebs and 0.4 blocks playing with Melo, Billups, Lawson and a pack of 7 footers - all that help and that's all he averages?

Williams: Some people think he'll be something special, I just think he is special - headcase. Whether or not he will be a nice piece again will take time - he won't suddenly become a stud sophomore year.

Murphy: A real win...ner. Just makes the Nets smaller - no banger to back Favors. Maybe his spacing will help Brook or maybe he'll just get dominated on defense.

I'm not trying to be mean - just honest. I really don't think the Nets have improved by much, especially considering the moves teams around them made this summer. And many Nets fans are talking playoffs and saying there is no chance the Nets will be near the worst like it's a fact. Sure...

Bulls_fan90
08-23-2010, 09:29 PM
That doesnt mean they are the worst team this season

He asked why are they in the discussion for the worst team. And i answered. I don't think they'll have the worst season, but they wont be far off.

How is it hating at it's weirdest? He asked why are they being discussed as a possibility for worst team this season and i answered it. Any team who loses 70 games in the previous season should at least be in the conversation.

jobie420
08-23-2010, 09:55 PM
T-wolves. They still have a long way to go.

nuggetsyankees
08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Cleveland is screwed...they just have complementary players

Brooklyn Mets
08-23-2010, 10:16 PM
TWolves

Baller1
08-23-2010, 10:24 PM
I went with the T-Wolves.

topdog
08-23-2010, 10:43 PM
I can respect people saying the twolves, but can we get some reasons?

Is it because: They have too many new players? There are too many question marks on the team? You don't think there is much talent? Don't like the style/coach? Kahn bashing...? You find t-wolves posters annoying? :whistle:

xbrackattackx
08-23-2010, 10:48 PM
I said Cavs, I hope they suprise people and make the playoffs but that team doesn't have many bright spots at least the Nets,Wolves and Raps look good for the future.