PDA

View Full Version : Why is LeBron considered a bad 3 point shooter?

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I know people are going to see heat thread...but the heat fans would just say he's not i want to hear why people say that he say he isnt good.

kobe-32.9%
durant-36.5%
allen-36.3%
anthony-31.6%
lebron-33.3%

here are some examples of his range:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gWcUMlBOl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-R5TsFbD8&feature=related

and those are the first 3 i looked at because i wanted to get games not highlights because i could have a highlight tape that would make me look better than jordan these are in game back to back possession. so please explain the hate.

jiggin
08-23-2010, 02:04 PM
why is lebron the topic of almost every conversation on here?

NEXT...

LeWade>Kobe
08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Yea and his mid range shot sucks to says the haters...

2010 % from mid range:

Kobe: 43%
Lebron: 40%

dhopisthename
08-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't think anyone considers him a bad 3 point shooter. He has worked hard on it and is now part of his arsenal

xbrackattackx
08-23-2010, 02:07 PM

2010 % from mid range:

SO Kobe's Better:?

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 02:10 PM

2010 % from mid range:

no my friend kobe was 38.5 where did you get your stats?

xbrackattackx
08-23-2010, 02:13 PM

So Kobe's not better?

Raidaz4Life
08-23-2010, 02:16 PM

2010 % from mid range:

So basically Kobe is a better midrange shooter than Lebron even with a bum knee and arthritic broken finger on his shooting hand... not sure what kind of point you were trying to make there.

He definitely was closer to 43 than 38.5.

There is no way Kobe would shoot 38.5 from mid and 33 from 3 yet still finish with 45-46 from the field. Think about it.

That being said... why was it necessary to start a random thread about Lebron being a bad 3pt shooter when I don't think there is a person here that actually believes that. I mean he is about as average as they come from 3...

LeWade>Kobe
08-23-2010, 02:16 PM
SO Kobe's Better:?

Of course Kobe is a better mid range shooter... for now.

http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

Did the math myself on here. Just add up misses/makes from mid range.

dwadefan03
08-23-2010, 02:18 PM
i think its because his shot is inconsistent...he can light it up one night and other nights hes terrible

LeWade>Kobe
08-23-2010, 02:20 PM
So basically Kobe is a better midrange shooter than Lebron even with a bum knee and arthritic broken finger on his shooting hand... not sure what kind of point you were trying to make there.

I was making a comparison of Lebron to arguably the best player in the game. I like comparing Lebron and Kobe all the time even if Lebron isn't better in that category, it keeps things fair and gives the readers a better idea of what top players shoot % wise.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-23-2010, 02:21 PM
he isn't guarded as heavily as kobe on the perimeter

LeWade>Kobe
08-23-2010, 02:23 PM

.......and Jordan wasn't either considering he would blow right past any defender into the paint if they got too close to him on the perimeter. This is an invalid hater-esque point you are making.

Raidaz4Life
08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I was making a comparison of Lebron to arguably the best player in the game. I like comparing Lebron and Kobe all the time even if Lebron isn't better in that category, it keeps things fair and gives the readers a better idea of what top players shoot % wise.

Fair enough, I applaud you for that.

Shareeb_omac2
08-23-2010, 02:32 PM
.......and Jordan wasn't either considering he would blow right past any defender into the paint if they got too close to him on the perimeter. This is an invalid hater-esque point you are making.

First, this is about Lebron.

Second, I wouldn't say Jordan was a good 3 point shooter either.

asandhu23
08-23-2010, 02:34 PM

NEXT...

I think you are confusing Derrick Rose with LeDouche

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 02:35 PM

none of them are

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Kobe was .450 from mid range last year, just did the math on nba hotspots

Baller1
08-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Oh god, are you kidding me?

LeWade>Kobe
08-23-2010, 02:37 PM

Jordan wasn't a great 3 point shooter. He did however only shoot 1% worse in his career than Kobe. I know it is about Lebron, but Lebron's physical ability allows him to get to the basket similar to the way that Jordan did. Kobe gets the same treatment so I'm still not sure I understand that guys point at all about Lebron not being guarded as well on the perimeter...

Career 3P%:

Kobe: 34%
Jordan: 33%
Lebron: 33%

mikealike305
08-23-2010, 02:38 PM

NEXT...

u mad?

me personally never understood the whole "lebron isnt a good 3 pt shooter" thing..... he isnt the best but hes not a bad 3 pt shooter either

Bob_at_york
08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
i think its because his shot is inconsistent...he can light it up one night and other nights hes terrible

he is very streaky from 3-point land.

Double_R
08-23-2010, 02:44 PM

ding. ding, ding

Supreme LA
08-23-2010, 02:47 PM
I think the reason he isn't considered a good 3 pt shooter is because it really isn't a go to shot for him. Come to think about it, he doesn't really have a go to shot, he only uses his go to put your head down and drive to the rim. If he could consistently hit 3's or any jump shots consistently while under pressure than it would definitely change my mind about his jump shot.

Every time I watch him play, it's like he's still practicing his 3 pt and mid range game out on the floor and he still doesn't look to confident with it. Throw out all the stats you want but you will get a big :facepalm: from me if you say Lebron is a dead-eye shooter, sniper, or a serious perimeter threat. With that said, Kobe is still the better shooter.

Double_R
08-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Jordan wasn't a great 3 point shooter. He did however only shoot 1% worse in his career than Kobe. I know it is about Lebron, but Lebron's physical ability allows him to get to the basket similar to the way that Jordan did. Kobe gets the same treatment so I'm still not sure I understand that guys point at all about Lebron not being guarded as well on the perimeter...

Career 3P%:

Kobe: 34%
Jordan: 33%
Lebron: 33%

Lebron isn't as guarded on the perimeter, period, fact... watch the games and you'll understand... I am so over all of these wack heat fans all of a sudden being the biggest Lebron supporters ever, type what you though 6 months ago, not this garbage.

GMEN4EVER
08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
He isn't guarded as heavily on the perimeter as Kobe is, anyone watching the games can see that. So Kobe has to take harder shots from there and typically makes more of them. But i'm not talking huge differences, they're very slight (both Kobe having a higher % career wise, and the slightly harder degree of difficulty).

What you're getting caught up on is that Lebron is not a good 3pt shooter when you compare it to the rest of his game. He's off the charts in a lot of ways, but as a jump shooter he's average to above average. He's certainly not a bad 3pt shooter, he's just not great at it, unlike most other facets of his game.

LeWade>Kobe
Kobe was .450 from mid range last year, just did the math on nba hotspots

I didn't count anything right next to the key.. I just added up the section directly in front of the 3P line.

Lebron isn't as guarded on the perimeter, period, fact... watch the games and you'll understand... I am so over all of these wack heat fans all of a sudden being the biggest Lebron supporters ever, type what you though 6 months ago, not this garbage.

Okay, I understand that a top SG will get guarded better than a top SF on the perimeter (usually). I also understand that Kobe, Lebron and Michael all have an uncanny ability to get to the basket. Jordan and Lebron more so than Kobe hence the getting guarded "less". In reality they are just attempting to limit an extremely strong point in their games. We can argue all we want about who gets guarded less on the perimeter it won't get anyone anywhere. I care about efficiency in getting the ball in the hoop and that is it whether it is from 2 or 3 I don't care as long as it adds up to enough for the W. Lebron's got plenty of W's he just hadn't had the team good enough to help him to the next level in the playoffs. I'm not a Heat fan smart guy hence the Warriors logo as my picture.

Supreme LA
Oh god, are you kidding me?

Why would he be kidding with you??? You disagree??

Think about it, if you actually watch players defend Lebron, you could see most would lay off the guy and invite him to take a jumper rather than have him blow by and get into the lane. So yes, I agree with the guy who said Kobe does get a lot more pressure on the perimeter and the same can be said for your boy Durant.

Ray_R
08-23-2010, 02:54 PM
I think you are confusing Derrick Rose with LeDouche

Ithink your confusing Derrick Rose with a God. Im Sorry they are thesame person.:D

tredigs
08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
The league average in todays league is for 3 pt% is ~35%. Lebron's career average is 33%. Adjusted for the # of threes he takes per game and the fact he is guarded tighter than most other players in the league at all times, and it's safe to say that he is right on "par" as far as 3pt shooting is concerned. He does also possess the ability to get hot from long range like few others can, so he does absolutely have that "on/off" switch effect where he can put himself in supernova mode, and at that point he becomes an assassin from deep.

So in summation, in 1981 he would be considered the best in the league, but in todays game he's simply average - with the capability of becoming elite when he's in a firefight.

mcohio
08-23-2010, 02:59 PM

This. His shot isn't consistent from night to night; actually even in game it will change in odd ways. When he's on it's insane when he's off it's terrabad.

mark1125
08-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Like most of the threads in this forum are.

mikealike305
08-23-2010, 03:00 PM
The league average in todays league is for 3 pt% is ~35%. Lebron's career average is 33%. Adjusted for the # of threes he takes per game and the fact he is guarded tighter than most other players in the league at all times, and it's safe to say that he is right on "par" as far as 3pt shooting is concerned. He does also possess the ability to get hot from long range like few others can, so he does absolutely have that "on/off" switch effect where he can put himself in supernova mode, and at that point he becomes an assassin from deep.

So in summation, in 1981 he would be considered the best in the league, but in todays game he's simply average - with the capability of becoming elite when he's in a firefight.

best answer yet

Rivera
08-23-2010, 03:04 PM

this he will go 4-6 one night then 1-6 the next and do that pretty consistently

add in the fact he doesnt exactly have a "sexy" jumpshot
add in the fact he never makes these three pointers in the clutch (except vs orlando in the ECF that one year)

and this is why

editors note: im an orlando fan and i hate LBJ not JUST because he hit that shot.....he hit that shot on my BIRTHDAY!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Antipod
08-23-2010, 03:23 PM
this became another "who is the best player ever" thread .... x/

RollinDeep
08-23-2010, 03:26 PM
this became another "who is the best player ever" thread .... x/

Oh hey just like every other thread on psd.

The Raven
08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
He's more inconsistent then bad

greek miami hea
08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I DONT CONSIDER LEBRON A BAd SHOOTER. but he will be shooting less mid range jumpres and 3 pointers...he will mainly score with drives....having eddie house,mike miller,james jones on the team,we have covered the shooting part :)

IndyRealist
08-23-2010, 03:53 PM

All except the last part. Lebron can get hot, but in generally he's below average, so it evens out. He's not a bad 3pt shooter, he's just average. But in comparison to everything else he does so well, it seems like he's bad.

dewikwoseisbeta
08-23-2010, 04:16 PM

Also concider that he is the one that has to force up all those half-court shots at the end of quarters.

SupeUnagi
08-23-2010, 04:16 PM
vastly improved
for the past 2 years he has been a significant threat on the perimeter

DoJoTheSlasher
08-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Last year on the Cavs, I bet this Heat fan thought Lebron was a TERRIBLE shooter. Now LeBron is a really good 3 pt shooter??? Are you going to argue that LeBron is the best FT shooter in the NBA???

LeBron isn't a great 3 pt shooter. He is decent but he takes alot of 3's as well. Kobe is by far a better 3 pt shooter even though LeBron is higher in %.

mikealike305
08-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Last year on the Cavs, I bet this Heat fan thought Lebron was a TERRIBLE shooter. Now LeBron is a really good 3 pt shooter??? Are you going to argue that LeBron is the best FT shooter in the NBA???

LeBron isn't a great 3 pt shooter. He is decent but he takes alot of 3's as well. Kobe is by far a better 3 pt shooter even though LeBron is higher in %.

what does that first part have to do with anything...?

kobe isnt a far better 3 pt shooter than lebron he is just better... not by much at that... plus this thread isnt about kobe... stay on topic mr im still mad about 06 so evey time a heat fan makes a thread i get mad :)

kswissdaf
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
LeBron > Kobe thats what the original poster really wanted

tredigs
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM

Yes, that clearly makes sense. Perception vs. Reality at its finest - even in the face of the facts.

Kobe is a much better shooter than Lebron from 10-15 feet (where he shoots often, while Lebron rarely ever does), and they are virtually interchangeable from 15 feet out (Lebron absolutely dominating from 10 feet in, where he does most of his work). Check out their HoopData stats if you feel like my eyes might be deceiving me. These are facts.

And that's enough Lebron > Kobe for one day from me.

mikealike305
08-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, that clearly makes sense. Perception vs. Reality at its finest - even in the face of the facts.

Kobe is a much better shooter than Lebron from 10-15 feet (where he shoots often, while Lebron rarely ever does), and they are virtually interchangeable from 15 feet out (Lebron absolutely dominating from 10 feet in, where he does most of his work). Check out their HoopData stats if you feel like my eyes might be deceiving me. These are facts.

And that's enough Lebron > Kobe for one day from me.

idk who u are but i can always count on u for smart and insightful post...
thank u!

Raoul Duke
08-23-2010, 04:37 PM
He's generally considered to be an average three point shooter, because he basically shoots the league average from three.

CrotchetyOldMan
08-23-2010, 04:37 PM
As everyone on this forum already seems to know he is NOT a bad three point shooter...He is average or slightly below average...He is incredibly streaky and lacks consistency as he'll go 6-8 one night and then over a three game stretch go 1-18...the reason people give him a hard time about the three is that it's a very low percentage shot offensively compared to what he could get...He tends to stand around with the ball for the whole shot clock and then launch up a three and if he's on he makes ridiculous shots if not it's LeBrickfest...He does this at least 4 times a game and it will not stop because he's on the Heat...I don't know if he does this cause he's tired or what but he does it alot and it really hindered and stagnated the Cavs offense and will do the same with the Heat especially when he's off...He is NOT guarded as tightly on the perimeter as a lot of other players because if you are playing against him you want him standing back and pulling the trigger on his average three point shot all night instead of driving to the basket, so yeah a lot of teams give him wide open threes and he still hits under the league average...He's not necessarily considered a bad three point shooter as much as it's considered the weakest part of his game and that his choice to take threes often as opposed to driving and creating is a bad one...

Heater4life
08-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Thats like saying my classmate got a 79 on his test and i got a 91 yet he was better prepared. :confused:

Fact is, Kobe has a nicer shot overall. (more mechanically sound) but if the percentages state otherwise, then he cant be better.

Kobe, Bron, and Wade are all very streaky three-point shooters. When theyre hot there on fire, when there cold, clank central.

blams
08-23-2010, 04:39 PM

Jordan was a good 3 point shooter in the latter years of his career.

mikealike305
08-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Thats like saying my classmate got a 79 on his test and i got a 91 yet he was better prepared. :confused:

Fact is, Kobe has a nicer shot overall. (more mechanically sound) but if the percentages state otherwise, then he cant be better.

Kobe, Bron, and Wade are all very streaky three-point shooters. When theyre hot there on fire, when there cold, clank central.

exactly.... your sig says it all.... wade isnt the best shooter but that night when he was so hot he started talking to his hand... he couldnt miss if he tried

Heater4life
08-23-2010, 04:43 PM
He tends to stand around with the ball for the whole shot clock and then launch up a three and if he's on he makes ridiculous shots if not it's LeBrickfest...He does this at least 4 times a game and it will not stop because he's on the Heat...I don't know if he does this cause he's tired or what but he does it alot and it really hindered and stagnated the Cavs offense and will do the same with the Heat especially when he's off...

I think its stamina related man, these guys just cant go ALL out for 40 minutes without it hindering them late in the game. Wade does the same thing and i believe it has to do solely with the lack of a #2 to take the load. Jacking a jumper is much easier on the body. But yea, we'll see if it continues with either player, i expect to see it less.

lakers4sho
08-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Jordan was a good 3 point shooter in the latter years of his career.

That's because the NBA shortened the 3pt distance from 1994-1997. Not surprisingly, during the 1997-1998 season, when the league reverted to the farther 3pt range, Jordan's 3pt% took a nosedive as he shot 23.8%.

HEATMANIA1
08-23-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't think anyone thinks he's a bad 3 point shooter!

valade16
08-23-2010, 04:50 PM
That's because the NBA shortened the 3pt distance from 1994-1997. Not surprisingly, during the 1997-1998 season, when the league reverted to the farther 3pt range, Jordan's 3pt% took a nosedive as he shot 23.8%.

All I remember is that one game in the Finals where Jordan hit an ungodly amount of 3-pointers on my Blazers in the first half...

He's at least a streaky 3-pt shooter...

HEATMANIA1
08-23-2010, 04:50 PM

What?? i never knew that,LMFAO what a joke!

mikealike305
08-23-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't think anyone thinks he's a bad 3 point shooter!

u dont think that cuz u joined this week.... get ready to get called a bandwagon fan

mikealike305
08-23-2010, 04:56 PM
What?? i never knew that,LMFAO what a joke!

mjs a joke cuz he had to adjust to a new 3pt line?

LeWade>Kobe
08-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Once tredigs drops the knowledge every Laker fan stops talking. Classic.

DoJoTheSlasher
08-23-2010, 05:00 PM

So if you had a choice between Bron and Kobe to shoot a 3, you think Bron is a better choice.

Also percentages can be misleading. You can be 1-2 (50%) but is that better than 49-100 (49%) ???

valade16
08-23-2010, 05:02 PM
So if you had a choice between Bron and Kobe to shoot a 3, you think Bron is a better choice.

Also percentages can be misleading. You can be 1-2 (50%) but is that better than 49-100 (49%) ???

Are you suggesting LeBron took far less 3-pointers? :confused:

That point about stats is true but it's entirely IRRELEVENT in this discussion...

Heater4life
08-23-2010, 05:13 PM
exactly.... your sig says it all.... wade isnt the best shooter but that night when he was so hot he started talking to his hand... he couldnt miss if he tried

Fact is when Kobe, Bron, and Wade are on a roll, they cany be stopped. case and point: all the cavs v heat games where wade and lebron would exchange basket after basket for like 4 min str8. (happened many times), wades games against the C's, bron's game against the C's where he scored 7 points in like 2 min. , and when Kobe is hot you can stick in a straight jacket and he'll make a fade away shooting with his teeth.

Again, those three are able to light it up when theyre on fire.

Klivlend
08-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Just so you know:

Last year Kobe made 99 3pters and shot 301, 32.9%
Last year Lebron made 129 3pters and shot 387, 33.3%

Last year Kobe made 716 FGs and shot 1569, 45.6%
Last year Lebron made 768 FGs and shot 1528 50.3%

Take that for what it's worth. Just thought I'd add some facts to the thread.

Heater4life
08-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Again, there both streaky shooters. I really wouldnt have a prefrence. When theyre hot all take either or.

Heater4life
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Just so you know:

This^

As far as field goals, Lebron takes it tothe basket alot. Kobe has the better mid-range game.

LeWade>Kobe
08-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Just so you know:

Beat me to it. You can say all you want about inconsistency, how he is guarded differently and whatnot, but facts are facts and numbers DO tell the story in a case like this.

showtym24
08-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I know people are going to see heat thread...but the heat fans would just say he's not i want to hear why people say that he say he isnt good.

kobe-32.9%
durant-36.5%
allen-36.3%
anthony-31.6%
lebron-33.3%

here are some examples of his range:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gWcUMlBOl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-R5TsFbD8&feature=related

and those are the first 3 i looked at because i wanted to get games not highlights because i could have a highlight tape that would make me look better than jordan these are in game back to back possession. so please explain the hate.

Where you get them stats? Last season? Well a broken index finger on your shooting hand makes it a little tougher. Kobe's career pct. is .340 Brons is .329.

avrpatsfan
08-23-2010, 05:41 PM
1: Death
2:Taxes
3:A new Lebron thread everyday on PSD.

showtym24
08-23-2010, 05:47 PM
1:Death
2:Taxes
3:A new Lebron thread everyday on PSD.

lmao, you got that right.

Rivera
08-23-2010, 05:55 PM
u dont think that cuz u joined this week.... Get ready to get called a bandwagon fan

bandwagon fan!!!!!!!!!!

i don't think anyone thinks he's a bad 3 point shooter!

i do!!!!!!!

DeyAce
08-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes it is b/c his shot is inconsistent

Jewelz0376
08-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I swear every Lebron or Kobe thread turns into a Lebron vs Kobe thread lol...

Ne ways... Lebron and Kobe imo are both equal at 3 spot shooting...They both can get hot from 3 and can stink it up from 3 also...

Anyone know a site that shows how many 3s a player takes off the dribble compared to stand still 3s?? I would imagine Kobe gets more catch and shoot 3s than Lebron and Kobe is def a much better of the dribble shooter than a stand still shooter..

AlcaTrakz
08-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Maybe because I wouldn't call Kobe a GOOD three point shooter either...? Am I wrong? How did we come up with the thought that because Lebron is only 1% behind Kobe in 3pp that makes him good?

Both of these guys are 10 - 12 percentage points away from a top 10 three point shooter every year.

Top 3 point shooters are shooting 42-48 pcnt. every year.

This is why we don't call lebron a good three point shooter, add to that he never makes a huge three (sans 1 playoff game) which Kobe frequently does (giving him the label, CLUTH three point shooter) and theer you go.

Korver
Miller
Gibson

Compare his three point shooting to THEM, THE GREAT three point shooters...not to a list of GREAT NBA names...

THE question WAS..."why is Lebron considered a bad THREE POINT SHOOTER"
well, because he's not in the top 100..end of story.
:clap:

LeWade>Kobe
08-23-2010, 06:22 PM
I swear every Lebron or Kobe thread turns into a Lebron vs Kobe thread lol...

Ne ways... Lebron and Kobe imo are both equal at 3 spot shooting...They both can get hot from 3 and can stink it up from 3 also...

Anyone know a site that shows how many 3s a player takes off the dribble compared to stand still 3s?? I would imagine Kobe gets more catch and shoot 3s than Lebron and Kobe is def a much better of the dribble shooter than a stand still shooter..

Yea that has a lot more to do with the triangle than either player, though.

Maybe because I wouldn't call Kobe a GOOD three point shooter either...? Am I wrong? How did we come up with the thought that because Lebron is only 1% behind Kobe in 3pp that makes him good?

Both of these guys are 10 - 12 percentage points away from a top 10 three point shooter every year.

Top 3 point shooters are shooting 42-48 pcnt. every year.

This is why we don't call lebron a good three point shooter, add to that he never makes a huge three (sans 1 playoff game) which Kobe frequently does (giving him the label, CLUTH three point shooter) and theer you go.

:clap:

I guess you can say that, but Lebron has also only been playing half as long as Kobe. What "clutch" 3's has Kobe made in the playoffs? I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but for the first 7 years of their career I believe Lebron was far more clutch AND efficient than Kobe in his first 7 regardless of 3 pointers (pretty much a toss up +/- 1%). Add to that Lebron will only get better now that he will be entering his prime in the next 5-7 years.

8kobe24
08-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Seriously, who cares? Non of those guys are good 3pt shooters...

ballpd05
08-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Kobe is more consistent, and he is one of the most deadly jump shooters of all time. He will drop 40 and basically do it all from mid and long range, and his mid range shots will be some of the most well defended shots you will ever see.

Lebron's jumper is inconsistent.

When you guard Kobe you're told to not let him shoot, and to press up on him. As for Lebron the gameplan is to make him shoot jumpers until he starts hitting them.

NJBASEBALL22
08-23-2010, 06:49 PM
I would say the reason people tend to think Lebron is a bad 3 point shooter is for 2 main reasons.

1. He is very streaky/inconsistent from 3.
2. That fact that he isn't great from 3 and still jacks up a handful a game.

My second point is that he settles for 3's rather than taking it to the rack for the easy bucket. He can get to the basket at will but tends to still just hoist up a 3. So he is really letting the defense dictate what he does rather than forcing the defense to stop his strengths. Now to compare him to Kobe. Kobe is a jump shooter, especially at this point in his career, Lebron is a slasher. So when Kobe takes is 12-18 footers, and then moves out and settles for a 3, it doesn't look so bad because he is a "shooter". Lebron sitting on the outside and not driving to the rim makes it look like he is afraid or he is giving up. Neither is a great 3 point shooter but I would take Kobe because he has been better for longer and is a better all around shooter. Lebron's FG% is better because he takes so many shots in the paint.

Lebron TS%- .562 eFG%- .509 FG%- .475
Kobe TS%- .557 eFG%- .488 FG%- .455

Neither takes mid-range v. paint. From watching games though, Kobe is way more confident in his mid-range (and 3 point shot) than Lebron.

jim51990
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
because people refuse to accept how good lebron is

masalex1205
08-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Lebron needs to get a post game if he's serious about being great; hed be unstoppable then

BALLER71
08-23-2010, 08:54 PM
because people refuse to accept how good lebron is

Yes.

sventhedog
08-23-2010, 08:58 PM
simple. how can you develop a consistent shooting stroke while you spend all your time thinking about dumb useless things to do on the court?

MFFL==FML
08-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I wish the person who created this thread could inform us who says he is a bad 3-pt shooter. He is no Dirk Nowitzki from 3, but not many are.

Super.
08-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Who said LeBron wasn't a good 3 point shooter?

Raoul Duke
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Who said LeBron wasn't a good 3 point shooter?

Me, because he's not. He's average.