DCSportsIsPain
08-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Way to overwhelm us with the obvious, BSPN

dhopisthename
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
as if you can really pick against the 3 time champions

Raidaz4Life
08-23-2010, 01:39 PM
The two people who picked the rockets should clearly be fired.

nuggetsyankees
08-23-2010, 01:43 PM
why do the rockets get so much love?

Gators123
08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Not surprising

Chacarron
08-23-2010, 01:45 PM
They should show who voted for who.

Minimal
08-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Noone Portland? WTF?

LA_Raiders
08-23-2010, 01:51 PM
BSPN...

Lakers #1 is no news...

DoJoTheSlasher
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
LMAO at Rockets getting more votes than Dallas.

Dallas >>>>>>>>>> Rockets not close.

They say Dallas chokes, but Houston has been out of the first round once this decade? Or is it NONE?

rockets-fan
08-23-2010, 01:58 PM

They say Dallas chokes, but Houston has been out of the first round once this decade? Or is it NONE?

sad to say as a fan...only once:(....honestly i really didnt even consider that anyone would vote houston (even though IF yao is healthy they are really good contenders but thats a big if). i think with yao they can win it all...even with a 70% yao they are scary...they proves it two years ago when they took the lakers to seven games WITHOUT yao.

btw when was the last time dallas won a chamionship :rolleyes:

dhopisthename
I agree with everyone though why did houston get two votes and teams like San Antonio, utah, and portland didn't. Clearly there seems to be homers voting

Hawkeye15
The Rockets get a lot of love because we go into every season with the prayer and premonition of Yao being healthy. If he is, and Martin stays healthy, the Rockets are a force.
But the sad reality is, Yao will probably never be the same.

BOSTON617
08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
rockets arent that bad.... yao will be back brooks underrated pg martin great shooter battier top 5 defensive player i mean they got the pieces

JordansBulls
08-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm surprised no Portland mention.

nacdaddy
08-23-2010, 02:20 PM

this coming from a fan of a team with no rings or even ring, for that matter. :facepalm:

Baller1
08-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I'll take two.

jiggin
08-23-2010, 02:40 PM
ESPN is so sad now days. I can't believe people still like going there for "news".

The Raven
08-23-2010, 03:40 PM
WHo were the 2 idiots that picked the Rockets?

DoJoTheSlasher
08-23-2010, 03:49 PM
sad to say as a fan...only once:(....honestly i really didnt even consider that anyone would vote houston (even though IF yao is healthy they are really good contenders but thats a big if). i think with yao they can win it all...even with a 70% yao they are scary...they proves it two years ago when they took the lakers to seven games WITHOUT yao.

btw when was the last time dallas won a chamionship :rolleyes:

I didn't say anything about Championships. As far as playoff victiries the past decade, the Mavs have been very succesful. The Rockets have maybe a win.

DoJoTheSlasher
08-23-2010, 03:51 PM
this coming from a fan of a team with no rings or even ring, for that matter. :facepalm:

Fine how can anyone call OKC a legit contender to LA when they haven't advanced past the first round???

Minimal
08-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Fine how can anyone call OKC a legit contender to LA when they haven't advanced past the first round???
:facepalm:
Lol? Do you even watched playoffs? Oklahoma were very close to knock down Lakers, even without dominant bigs. If not Pau, Oklahoma could have won the series.

greek miami hea
08-23-2010, 04:02 PM
The two people who picked the rockets should clearly be fired.

hahaha this!

DoJoTheSlasher
08-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Lol? Do you even watched playoffs? Oklahoma were very close to knock down Lakers, even without dominant bigs. If not Pau, Oklahoma could have won the series.

But the argument was I guess I'm wrong for saying the Mavs can contend because they haven't won a championship. Is that not valid for OKC who hasn't advanced past round 1 yet?

SupeUnagi
08-23-2010, 04:18 PM
cool.

alencp3
08-23-2010, 04:35 PM
With Oden healthy Blazers can give Lakers a tough time

Avenged
08-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Have you guys noticed that the majority who say that the team that can beat the Lakers are usually the injured teams? (Rockets and Blazers)

It's like, there's no point in picking a healthy team since they already failed numerous times, so people move on to the injured teams.

Just a thought :)

JordansBulls
08-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Have you guys noticed that the majority who say that the team that can beat the Lakers are usually the injured teams? (Rockets and Blazers)

It's like, there's no point in picking a healthy team since they already failed numerous times, so people move on to the injured teams.

Rockets in 2009, Blazers last year.

I think Denver last year had a shot, too bad they got upset against Utah.

BTW, Utah nor Phoenix had a shot against LA.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 05:50 PM

there is a reason, you know this

Avenged
08-23-2010, 05:55 PM
there is a reason, you know this

They have as much of a chance as every other team, no way are they more favorable because they're always injured.

They just get mentioned all the time because the Lakers haven't beaten them healthy.

In the season, sure they get their wins against us but so do every other top Western Conference team. In the playoffs? that's a whole different ball game.

Kevj77
08-23-2010, 06:12 PM

btw when was the last time dallas won a chamionship :rolleyes:Was it just me or did it look like the Rockets played the Lakers better in the last 4 games without Yao in 2009 semis then they did in the first 3 with Yao? Aaron Brooks torching Fish and Farmar after the Rockets were forced to go small is the reason it went 7.

DeyAce
08-23-2010, 06:17 PM
1. Lakers
2. Mavs
3. Spurs
4. Thunder

td0tsfinest
08-23-2010, 06:20 PM
why do the rockets get so much love?

They got a great coach. He may not be talked a lot but Rick Adelman is one of the best in the league. And I think the two that voted for them is considering a healthy Yao. They look good on paper but I wouldn't say WCF champs.

Verbal Christ
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
maybe the two that voted for the rockets did so anticipating a major acquisition? love the dallas fans who want to start burning cars and breaking shop windows when someone, ANYONE mentions a houston team better than a dallas team ... LOL its sweet music to my ears. LMAO.

NYMetros
08-23-2010, 06:31 PM
It's tough to pick anyone to knock off the Lakers. At this point they seem pretty much unstoppable. But if I had to pick anyone it wouldn't be the Rockets. Probably the Mavs or Thunder have the best chance because both Dirk and Durant have the potential to have a huge series if they face the Lakers in the playoffs and single-handedly give their teams chances to win.

rockets-fan
08-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Was it just me or did it look like the Rockets played the Lakers better in the last 4 games without Yao in 2009 semis then they did in the first 3 with Yao? Aaron Brooks torching Fish and Farmar after the Rockets were forced to go small is the reason it went 7.

no. with yao we won a game in L.A...after that we didnt win another game in L.A...yao makes us better no doubt.

rockets-fan
08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I didn't say anything about Championships. As far as playoff victiries the past decade, the Mavs have been very succesful. The Rockets have maybe a win.

we have playoff wins...all our series loses have gone to seven except one against the jazz(no yao)...we jus havent one series...but i wouldnt call winning series and choking success in the playoffs

Reyes6
08-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Well I don't think teams like the Mavs/Spurs/Nuggets have ever even really given a series to the Lakers while the Rockets and Thunder have. So you have to get THROUGH the Lakers in order to win the Championship.

And the Mavs have a lot more cap than the Rockets, but even last year the Rockets and them always go toe to toe with each other.

What wins in the playoffs is chemistry, coaching, and talent in that order.

championships
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM

People were saying the same junk about the Rockets the year before cause they took the Lakers to 7.

_KB24_
08-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I've said this before, this season will provide one of the easiest paths to the Finals in terms of the Western Conference. Last year, their was still that "Spurs" threat looming around coming into the season. I see no big scare if we are healthy going in.

Jets012
08-23-2010, 09:05 PM
yea i got to go with OKC dont know how they got any worse

Raoul Duke
08-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm surprised anyone takes this crap seriously. You might as well go ask a fortune teller or call a psychic hotline.

silvio
08-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Pick your team please.

Niro
08-24-2010, 10:54 AM
lakers hands down

edit: i thought having the #1 seed, if its who makes the nba finals its still the lakers but not hands down imo

mikealike305
08-24-2010, 10:57 AM
i have OKC

Khalifa21
08-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Lakers but I think the Blazers are a dark horse... They're really flying under the radar because everyone is all over OKC. IF Greg Oden can stay healthy, the Blazers will make a considerable amount of noise.

SouthSideRookie
08-24-2010, 01:12 PM

Are you serious??? :facepalm: Dallas doesn't choke?! That's just like Tiger saying that he's never been unfaithful!

kArSoN RyDaH
08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Way to overwhelm us with the obvious, BSPN

did something happen to you as a kid to make you hate life so much that you have to share your negative and often uneccessary comments with all of PSD?

Jewelz0376
08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
the answer is obvious...la

Who voted for the Suns.. They are not being the Lakers with Warrick and Fyre at the 4:facepalm:.. The suns will be lucky to make the playoffs next season with no Amare let alone win the west..

Supreme LA
08-24-2010, 04:39 PM
the answer is obvious...la

Who voted for the Suns.. They are not being the Lakers with Warrick and Fyre at the 4:facepalm:.. The suns will be lucky to make the playoffs next season with no Amare let alone win the west..

I wouldn't go that far. As long as they still have Nash they still have a very good chance of making the playoffs. The Suns were much improved last season defensively and that really didn't have anything to do with Amare as much as it did the guys on the perimeter. They have a good system in place and they will always be competitive.

mikealike305
08-24-2010, 04:45 PM
i think OKC will surprise alot of people.... i pick them to win the WCF