PDA

View Full Version : Wade Vs. Durant

justinnum1
08-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Simple question...Who is better, Wade or Durant.

If your a heat hater, please move on.

footballer2369
08-21-2010, 11:39 PM
No question, it's pretty easily Wade at this point in their careers...

lakers4sho
08-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Wade

Better stats across the board, except for rebounding, which is understandable because of his size. Also much better defensively.

I also compared them through their third year in the league, just about the same [ in that Wade has better stats other than rebounding ].

sargon21
08-22-2010, 12:45 AM
one. you're an idiot
two. it's wade
three. why would you ask this question if you think wade is better than lebron (sig), so basically you're saying durant could be better than lebron also which isn't true

todu82
08-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Dwayne Wade

justinnum1
08-22-2010, 11:05 AM
one. you're an idiot
two. it's wade
three. why would you ask this question if you think wade is better than lebron (sig), so basically you're saying durant could be better than lebron also which isn't true

Because some user was arguing with me that durant was better than wade, and aslo said that most people here would agree. So i made this comparison, and you are the idiot for assuming ****:punish

DCSportsIsPain
08-22-2010, 11:13 AM
They play two different positions so asking who is better is rather pointless.
Maybe next we can compare Yao and Dwyane Wade.

tredigs
08-22-2010, 11:33 AM
As regular season players the argument is real, but this is one case where "wth have you done in the playoffs?" is valid (unlike Melo, who unfortunately has failed more than he's succeeded - personally and team wise), and Wade has been as good as anyone in that regard. KD's still a kid, and Wade's definitely still better (I also think he's better than Kobe, and only behind LBJ).

Avenged
08-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Wade is clearly better than Durant.

No argument at this point.

Gators123
08-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Wade.

Jaji
08-22-2010, 02:57 PM
As regular season players the argument is real, but this is one case where "wth have you done in the playoffs?" is valid (unlike Melo, who unfortunately has failed more than he's succeeded - personally and team wise), and Wade has been as good as anyone in that regard. KD's still a kid, and Wade's definitely still better (I also think he's better than Kobe, and only behind LBJ).

They both lost in the 1st round this year :shrug:.

TylerSL
08-22-2010, 03:27 PM
They play two different positions so asking who is better is rather pointless.
Maybe next we can compare Yao and Dwyane Wade.

wow dude, they are both wing players, they are not that much radically different. Since when did a SF role become much different than that of SG? Ive seen your posts about Wade before and I personally think you just dont wanna say Wade is better, which he obvioulsy is. :facepalm:

Bluffmasta
08-22-2010, 03:28 PM
one. you're an idiot
two. it's wade

he posted this because in another form i said that durant was > wade. also i said i kno many people who agree with me, and this thread was created to support his side, in which he has as many people agree with him saying wade is > durant.

To add im not a heat hater, im not a wade hater, i just dont agree with many miami heat fans who believe wade is > then James and in some cases some fans who believe wade is > kobe.

justinnum1
08-22-2010, 03:32 PM
he posted this because in another form i said that durant was > wade. also i said i kno many people who agree with me, and this thread was created to support his side, in which he has as many people agree with him saying wade is > durant.

To add im not a heat hater, im not a wade hater, i just dont agree with many miami heat fans who believe wade is > then James and in some cases some fans who believe wade is > kobe.

nevermind

D-Train#35
08-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I know they are both "swing men" but they both have totally different responsibilities on their teams. Durant is expected go grab boards, and Wade is expected to dish assists. Wade isn't better "across the board" like someone said, Durant had more points and rebounds and similar stats every where else except assists. I'm going with Wade but it's not that far off as some of you are making it seem.

Bluffmasta
08-22-2010, 03:49 PM
nevermind

ummm i kinda wrote in my reply that i wasn't a wade hater, nor a heat hater , so i don't know how to reply any further. I have two wade jersey's one in his rookie year and one from two years ago. But i also believe Durant is a bit better then him.

EDIT: My bad i quoted the wrong thing.

Jaji
08-22-2010, 03:53 PM
To me, Durant is the 3rd best player in the league right now behind LeBron and Kobe. I'd put Howard 4th and Wade 5th.

Bluffmasta
08-22-2010, 03:57 PM
i dont want to create more problems here, but i wouldn't put howard on the top 5 just because i dotn like his offensive game, Maybe if he can improve his jump shooting, hook shots and etc i would put him up there with Wade Kobe Durant and LBJ but not at the current moment.

tredigs
08-22-2010, 05:16 PM
They both lost in the 1st round this year :shrug:.

Uh -your point? KD struggled against the Lakers defense in the post-season, while Wade absolutely torched the Celtics. He also torches every other team he plays in every single playoff series he's in. You may remember the time where he took his team on his shoulders and posted one of the best finals performances of all time? Yes, that was Wade. And he is the same player, if not better right now. Couldn't like the guy any more, but KD has more to prove before he can get in Wade's territory.

Baller1
08-22-2010, 06:29 PM
It's Wade, but it's closer than people think.

Khalifa21
08-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Wade, but you're pretty stupid for thinking Wade is better than LeBron.

Jaji
08-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Uh -your point? KD struggled against the Lakers defense in the post-season, while Wade absolutely torched the Celtics. He also torches every other team he plays in every single playoff series he's in. You may remember the time where he took his team on his shoulders and posted one of the best finals performances of all time? Yes, that was Wade. And he is the same player, if not better right now. Couldn't like the guy any more, but KD has more to prove before he can get in Wade's territory.

Uh - Durant averaged 25 in the playoffs. And that was against Artest and Kobe. Wade went up against Ray Allen. And who guarded him in that Dallas series? The same series where he shot more FTs than the whole Mavericks team. :rolleyes: No Shaq, no title for Wade.

footballer2369
08-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Uh - Durant averaged 25 in the playoffs. And that was against Artest and Kobe. Wade went up against Ray Allen. And who guarded him in that Dallas series? The same series where he shot more FTs than the whole Mavericks team. :rolleyes: No Shaq, no title for Wade.

KD- 16 PER 98 o rating 106 d rating 499 TS .2 win shares in the playoffs this year

Wade- 29.4 PER 116 o rating 104 d rating 650 TS and 1 win share playoffs this year

Better PER reg season, better defense, better player....

and there's no rational argument to pick Durant at this point in their careers.

TylerSL
08-22-2010, 10:19 PM
KD- 16 PER 98 o rating 106 d rating 499 TS .2 win shares in the playoffs this year

Wade- 29.4 PER 116 o rating 104 d rating 650 TS and 1 win share playoffs this year

thank you people that act like Durant>Wade has no real arguement

Jaji
08-22-2010, 10:23 PM

No rational argument? None whatsoever? There is a little thing called the scoring title which is pretty coveted in the NBA. As good as Wade is, Durant is the superior scorer because he can score from just about anywhere in the floor.

TylerSL
08-22-2010, 10:41 PM
people who have Durant>Wade there logic is because Durant is much younger, has better FT%, is a better jumpshooter, and grabs more rebounds than Wade then it has to be Durant>Wade. But besides that what does he do better? 28.0 PER Wade>26.2 PER Durant. Say what you want but Durants TS% was higher than Wade's only because he shot 90% from the line last year, while Wade only shot 76%. Wade had a higher ORB% than Durant, and he is a guard. ORB% Wade 4.5%>Durant 3.8%. Wade had a higher Steal% Wade 2.7%>Durant 1.8%. Wade also had a higher Block% Wade 2.4%>Durant 1.9%. Wade had a higher USG% Wade 34.9%>Durant 32.0%. Wade is the better overall player, anybody who says Durant is the better overall player has no real arguement for it, and Durant is still pretty far away from Wade.

p.s. All of these stats were based on this past year

TylerSL
08-22-2010, 10:44 PM
No rational argument? None whatsoever? There is a little thing called the scoring title which is pretty coveted in the NBA. As good as Wade is, Durant is the superior scorer because he can score from just about anywhere in the floor.

Yea, you do relize Wade won the scoring title in 08 right? You cant just brag up Durant winning a scorring title when Wade did it the year before.....

justinnum1
08-22-2010, 11:23 PM

:facepalm:

Jaji
08-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Yea, you do relize Wade won the scoring title in 08 right? You cant just brag up Durant winning a scorring title when Wade did it the year before.....

Sorry, I thought we were talking about now, not 2 years ago. :rolleyes:

icej
08-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Wade no contest.

But LBJ is better than wade its a no contest too, you should make a thread about the two also.

broncosfan4ever
08-23-2010, 12:45 AM
How is this a fair comparison? Wade is a shooting gaurd and Durant is a power forward. But if I had to answer to this I'd say Durant because he's younger and has immense talent and upside.

tredigs
08-23-2010, 02:32 AM
How is this a fair comparison? Wade is a shooting gaurd and Durant is a power forward. But if I had to answer to this I'd say Durant because he's younger and has immense talent and upside.

KD's a small forward bro, and spends time playing SG and guarding other teams SG's on occasion. He is capable of playing PF against smaller bigs, but it's not his position.

And you can't use "immense talent and upside" as a reason to pick Durant over Wade now. That does not make sense.

Talent wise, it is certainly not a BIG difference between the two, but it is a very clear difference. Wade has proven that he can be a true #1 on a title winning team (while having consistently amazing playoff series - with or without a decent cast), so Durant simply can't be put on that level until he performs like an MVP in that stage (I believe he will next year). Also, KD is an underrated and very solid (if not bordering on great) defender, but Wade is flat out fantastic on D.

It could change (or become highly arguable who's better) next season, but right now it is Wade.

Btw Jaji, your arguments are poor (and filled with bias due to your undying love for Lebron and wanting for the Heat to absolutely be HIS team), and really don't seem worth responding to (but KD averaged 25 ppg in the playoffs! Great, while shooting 35% - and meanwhile Wade was playing a series against the top defensive team in the league whose only objective was to stop him, and he still put up 33/6/7 on 56% shooting). The very best of the best will find a way to get it done regardless of the other team, and KD is not quite there (he will be).

We also have to remember that Wade was still playing at Marquette when he was KD's age. KD is a special ****ing player.

jackdawson
08-23-2010, 02:34 AM

:clap:

dewikwoseisbeta
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Recently I was presented with the argument that apparently Durant is better OVERALL than Wade by a number of members of a certain fan base. Their is no argument that Durant is the superior shooter and is a better rebounder but I am confused as to how so many people seem to actually think he is better overall than Wade. I want to here all arguments on why Durant can even be considered in the same league overall as Wade. BTW I am not a Heat fan I just believe this type of stuff shouldn't even be argued. Not a baiting thread, just wondering.

dwadefan03
08-23-2010, 12:25 PM
its beyond me...i dont kno what people are watching these days

good question by the way

Double_R
08-23-2010, 12:25 PM
That's weird that your not a Heat fan, but yet your pic is "Pat Riley's Angels"... I would take Durant over Wade right now... not before now, but definitely now.... PS your thread is wack.

dwadefan03
08-23-2010, 12:28 PM
of course you would take him right now...hes 7 years younger. that wasnt the question he asked and if you didnt like the thread you didnt have to post in it

NYYCowboys
08-23-2010, 12:28 PM
You made a Wade vs Durant thread just to say we shouldn't compare them....:facepalm:

dewikwoseisbeta
08-23-2010, 12:43 PM
That's weird that your not a Heat fan, but yet your pic is "Pat Riley's Angels"... I would take Durant over Wade right now... not before now, but definitely now.... PS your thread is wack.

That was just a joke picture that my brother made and thought it was pretty funny. In no way does that make fun of or promote Miami.

dewikwoseisbeta
08-23-2010, 12:46 PM
You made a Wade vs Durant thread just to say we shouldn't compare them....:facepalm:

No I made this thread because I wanted to see the opinions of the people that claim he is a better overall player than Wade. Not a baiting thread.

J-Relo
08-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Wade is better. End of discussion.

dewikwoseisbeta
08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Wade is better. End of discussion.

Thank you.

Baller1
08-23-2010, 04:57 PM
A thread was literally just made about this. Why make another?

TylerSL
08-23-2010, 04:57 PM
anybody who picks Durant has no real arguement. PER Wade 28.0>Durant 26.2. Say what you want but Durant only has a higher TS% because he shots 90% from the line, while Wade shoots 76%. Wade has higher ORB% as a guard...... ORB% Wade 4.5%>Durant 3.8%. Wades assist rate blows Durants out of the water, assist% Wade 36.4%>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durant 13.5%. That means Wade gets an assist 36.4% of the time he has the ball, Durant only 13.5%. Steal% Wade 2.7%>>Durant 1.8%. Meaning the % of the time you steal the ball on defense. Block% Wade 2.4%>Durant 1.8%. Meaning Wade blocks at a higher rate than Durant, he is 5' shorter than Durant but is a better blocker... Wade's Turnover% is a little higher than Durant's Wade 12.2%<Durant 11.7%. Meaning the % of the time they turn the ball over when it is in their hands. USG% Wade 34.9%>32.0%. Wade puts up better stats. Wade is 5 inches shorter than Durant, and he is a better offensive rebounder and a better blocker. Wade>>Durant.

Jaji
08-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Why would you make an exact replica of a thread started like 2 days ago? And the other one is better because it has a poll. Wow :facepalm:.

LTS
08-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Why would you make an exact replica of a thread started like 2 days ago? And the other one is better because it has a poll. Wow :facepalm:.

x2

LTS
08-23-2010, 07:40 PM
go with wade for sure

dewikwoseisbeta
08-23-2010, 11:26 PM

Wow did I ruin your day with this thread?. Chill out I didn't see the other one.

tbron
08-24-2010, 01:00 AM
wade is better at everything except shooting and rpg.

JordansBulls
08-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Wade is better.

TylerSL
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
the only thing Durant beats Wade in is jumpshooting, Defensive and Total Rebounding. Wade is accually the better Offensive Rebounder. Everything else is obviously Wade, this isnt really comparable because Wade is so much better. People say its alot closer than people think, but its accually not