PDA

View Full Version : Source: J.R. Smith on Trading Block

DenButsu
08-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Source: J.R. Smith on Trading Block
By Chris Tomasson

The news isn't surprising considering J.R. Smith has lost his biggest supporter with the Denver Nuggets.

A source close to the situation said the Nuggets are looking to trade the erratic Smith, who is entering the final year of a contract that will pay the shooting guard $6.03 million.

There have been trade rumors before about Smith since he joined the Nuggets in 2006, but they have lacked validity since Mark Warkentien, once Denver's vice president of basketball operations, was adamant about not trading Smith. But Warkentien's contract was not renewed earlier this month and Smith's biggest supporter was gone. It was Warkentien who acquired Smith in 2006 from Chicago for the low price of two second-round picks and the non-guaranteed contract of Howard Eisley, who was waived.

It might be a surprise if Smith is still with the Nuggets past the February trade deadline. The Nuggets might not want to risk losing him for nothing as a free agent next summer and he has yet to show enough in his time with Denver for team officials to believe he deserves a lucrative new contract.

Smith finished second in voting in 2008-09 for the Sixth Man Award but he regressed last season. While his scoring average went up slightly to 15.4 points per game, he shot just 41.4 percent, including 33.8 percent from three-point range.

Smith has butted heads regularly with Nuggets coach George Karl, but in Game 6 of last spring's 4-2 first-round playoff loss to Utah, Karl was not with the team due to a form of throat cancer. With assistant Adrian Dantley in charge, Smith sat at the end of the bench late in the season finale and sulked.

For now Denver's higher priorities are finding at least one front office replacement for Warkentien and vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman -- also let go earlier this month -- and figuring out the Carmelo Anthony situation. Anthony has yet to decide if he will sign a three-year, $64.7 million contract extension that ıs on the table, and the Nuggets are pondering what they might want to do if Anthony continues to stall or decides against the offer.

But Smith is on the trading block. And Warkentien is no longer around to push for him to stay. Fanhouse (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/22/nuggets-looking-to-trade-j-r-smith/)

Draco
08-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Meh.. he's not Penske material.

beasted86
08-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Al Harrington makes JR expendable.... but I don't see how they trade Smith and realistically make the team better.

KmB728
08-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Who do you think he lands with?

tredigs
08-22-2010, 10:51 PM
J.R. Smith + Afflalo for Monta Ellis. Ellis would be great on the Nuggets alongside a bigger PG in Chauncey (who he would respect as the primary ball handler) and as a 2nd option to Melo in the offense.

It would finally give the Warriors size + defense that we desperately lack at the 2 (and remove us of Monta's contract).

I would be beyond thrilled, and I really do think Monta would thrive on Denver's team. Ideal situation for him to be a much more efficient player, like he was in '07 for GS.

spreadeagle
08-22-2010, 10:55 PM
nice!!!! a team needing scoring should take this dude...just scoring lol

spreadeagle
08-22-2010, 10:58 PM
and here comes enter your home city's or favorite team's trade idea:p

still1ballin
08-22-2010, 10:58 PM
J.R. Smith + Afflalo for Monta Ellis. Ellis would be great on the Nuggets alongside a bigger PG in Chauncey (who he would respect as the primary ball handler) and as a 2nd option to Melo in the offense.

It would finally give the Warriors size + defense that we desperately lack at the 2 (and remove us of Monta's contract).

I would be beyond thrilled, and I really do think Monta would thrive on Denver's team. Ideal situation for him to be a much more efficient player, like he was in '07 for GS.

The Warriors would laugh at that

IndyRealist
08-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Smith makes a reasonable salary for a starter, and they're not going to find a better replacement in trade for a position they're already thin at.

lakers4sho
08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Vujacic expiring for J.R. Smith :p

Jewelz0376
08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Yea the nuggets really need to trade and move him and get a legit starting 2... Affalo is a good player but he is no starting 2...he's a backup.... I can't really think of any quality starting 2s they can get for him off the top of my head...but I'm sure some are out there...

LTBaByyy
08-22-2010, 11:04 PM
ummmmm how bout: J.R. Smith + 2nd round pic for Michael Redd (contract)

Cause if they let melo walk or trade him for draft picks and young talent SF they can be serious contenders in next summers FA.... and rebuild around Lawson , young talented SF, and Nene (move him to PF)

Redd expiring
Billups expiring
Melo expiring
K Mart expiring

Someone find out how much money they will have

beasted86
08-22-2010, 11:07 PM
ehhhh dont want him lol we need to be like denver and get rid of terry

2 previous 6th man of the year guys lol dang

ummmmm how bout: J.R. Smith + 2nd round pic for Michael Redd (contract)

Cause if they trade melo they can be serious contenders in next summers FA

Redd expiring
Billups expiring
Melo expiring
K Mart expiring

Someone find out how much money they will have

Billups is not expiring until 2012, and Smith is already an expirer. Why trade an expirer for another expirer who can't stay healthy and makes 3 times as much money?

IversonIsKrazy
08-22-2010, 11:10 PM
I don't think he is going to move to be honest. They know they need more post scoring, not perimeter play considering they already have Melo/Billups with JR & Lawson off the bench

Ovratd1up
08-22-2010, 11:12 PM

It would make them a lot better.

nuggetsyankees
08-22-2010, 11:12 PM
K-mart & JR for Ellis and Biedrins...Golden state gets rid of 2 big contracts and gets 2 expirings

asandhu23
08-22-2010, 11:13 PM
It would make them a lot better.

no it won't. our offense is based on guards

tredigs
08-22-2010, 11:14 PM

If they are smart, they wouldn't.

Smith and Afflalo are both elite defenders with size at the 2 who are great at playing off the ball. This allows Curry to do all the playmaking in the frontcourt and Lee down low, while giving us two of the better 3pt shooters in the game alongside Curry. It also gives us more cap-space to work with. Ellis is not a good fit on this Warriors team, and this may be the best/most ideal situation to get him out.

Let's see what our new management is capable of.

LTBaByyy
08-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Billups is not expiring until 2012, and Smith is already an expirer. Why trade an expirer for another expirer who can't stay healthy and makes 3 times as much money?

Ummm we traded Damp for Chandler??? same position both expiring, thats what the same situation i gave for smith + 2nd round for Redd

cause redd isnt in the bucks plan and will be in tmacs situation last year
but if he comes back healthy i can see him being that starting SG that denver needs and if he isnt then hes expiring

nuggetsyankees
08-22-2010, 11:19 PM
^that wouldn't work financially

LTBaByyy
08-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Well obviously

Those would be the main pieces of the trade, and its just an idea

Storch
08-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Send him to NY.

nuggetsyankees
08-22-2010, 11:35 PM
how about JR for Jeff Foster?

JordansBulls
08-22-2010, 11:35 PM
He would be a great 6th man for the Bulls.

Evolution23
08-22-2010, 11:59 PM

who would they trade?

tredigs
08-23-2010, 12:00 AM

Probably start on the Bulls unless they really were going for that "spark-plug" effect. He's a much more effective player than Brewer. But who would they trade for him?

nuggetsyankees
08-23-2010, 12:02 AM
how about JR for T-Will and Kris Humphries

spreadeagle
08-23-2010, 12:05 AM

OT no way Jefferson makes all star team in the west:p

DenButsu
08-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Just a word about Chauncey's contract. Someone posted that it goes to 2012 and is not expiring. Technically that is true, but off the top of my head (on my cell now and can't bother checking) only $3 million of his 2011-2012 contract year odds guaranteed, which means that in practical terms it would function much like an expiring if he were to be traded.

I think this is really a moot point, though. It's a virtual certainty that next summer he'll work out a deal with Denver to opt out and re-sign a longer contract at a cheaper salary.

JordansBulls
08-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Probably start on the Bulls unless they really were going for that "spark-plug" effect. He's a much more effective player than Brewer. But who would they trade for him?

It really depends on what the Nuggets are looking for in return. Do they want picks, do they want a young player, or what would they be looking for?

Yunqn
08-23-2010, 12:15 AM

would he? lol

i being sarcastic.. i would love jr. if he gets mentally checked.. his skills translate to sixth man of the year candidate..him and taj off the bench? scary..

asik or jj & cash for him

then trade for kendrick perkins with asik or jj and our first..

jr smith is on a expiring so even if he acts up he could just leave for jj or asik which equals nothing.. bulls should trade for him if they can control him..but the talent could def. boost us.. ex. crawford to atlanta.. crawford was playing solid but exploded on atlanta..

nuggetsyankees
08-23-2010, 12:27 AM
the bulls have nothing that the nuggets want unless they magically offload Rose or Noah

Yunqn
08-23-2010, 12:39 AM
the bulls have nothing that the nuggets want unless they magically offload Rose or Noah

really so he's worth rose or noah?

a draft pick,cash & jj a bad deal? you must be overrating what you can get for this guy then.. he will want more money,has a attitude problem and is a ball hog which is why he wont start anywhere.. thats why he is a perfect sixth man.. not a derrick rose type.. a sixth man..

netsgiantsyanks
08-23-2010, 12:58 AM

:pity:

Rafer17
08-23-2010, 01:06 AM
If he came to the Cs I would probably cream my pants

KmB728
08-23-2010, 01:19 AM
JR to the Celtics, we need a backup SG who can score ;)

Khalifa21
08-23-2010, 06:57 AM

I think that's a very legitimate and realistic offer. Would improve both teams and would still give the Nuggets that scoring punch when Melo comes to the Knicks (I kid, I kid...)

FarOutIos
08-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if my kings somehow got him... all summer there has been talk about our need form more 3 pt shooting, but we have added no one for that role yet.

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 07:35 AM
he has the tools to honestly be the best sg in the league. he is 6'6 can jump through the roof has an insane shot, and good defense. but as we have seen in many players tools arent everything. but i think if he was on a contender his work ethic could change and he could be a top ten sg. i think he should goto the magic. play alongside howard and under vince for the beginning of the season and get a few starts and maybe he could dethrone vince and they could put vince on the bench and look at j.r. as the future. dude is only 25. compared to vince's 33. but would vince be willing to come off the bench is the question.

Kashmir13579
08-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Al Harrington makes JR expendable.... but I don't see how they trade Smith and realistically make the team better.

al harrington is a black hole that sucks the life out of the offense. it won't be too long before he is hated by the denver fan base.

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 07:44 AM
j.r. smith for pietrus and a 2nd round

Knicks21
08-23-2010, 07:46 AM

pffft like thats gonna happen :facepalm:
Its Monta Ellis dude

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 07:52 AM
pffft like thats gonna happen :facepalm:
Its Monta Ellis dude

not even that but i dont think monta would be that good on the denver team. you would have chauncey who is great leader but aging so his defense isnt what it used to be, then you would have monta who has never been a good defender, melo has never been known for his d. denver would get scorched by elite teams such as l.a., bos, mia yea they would be great to watch on offense but offensive teams dont translate to w's in the playoffs

DenButsu
08-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if my kings somehow got him... all summer there has been talk about our need form more 3 pt shooting, but we have added no one for that role yet.

What do you think the Kings would be willing to offer?

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 09:23 AM

this is actually a great trade scenario. As hard as I am on Monta, he did indeed thrive as a 3rd option next to a big PG.

Niro
08-23-2010, 09:24 AM
would be a great fit for the warriors

i kinda like that smith + afflalo for ellis

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 09:25 AM
he has the tools to honestly be the best sg in the league. he is 6'6 can jump through the roof has an insane shot, and good defense. but as we have seen in many players tools arent everything. but i think if he was on a contender his work ethic could change and he could be a top ten sg. i think he should goto the magic. play alongside howard and under vince for the beginning of the season and get a few starts and maybe he could dethrone vince and they could put vince on the bench and look at j.r. as the future. dude is only 25. compared to vince's 33. but would vince be willing to come off the bench is the question.

JR will never be the best SG in the league. He is not mentally capable of such

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 09:39 AM
JR will never be the best SG in the league. He is not mentally capable of such

lmao man quit trying to argue did you read my post i said he has the tools. jamarcus had the tools to be the best qb in the league did he...no. tools dont always translate into production.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 09:40 AM
lmao man quit trying to argue did you read my post i said he has the tools. jamarcus had the tools to be the best qb in the league did he...no. tools dont always translate into production.

haha, fair enough dude. just wanted to smush it before it gained anything.

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 09:50 AM
yea i feel you because some fool would take that statement and run with it.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 10:09 AM
yea i feel you because some fool would take that statement and run with it.

you are starting to get the hang of PSD :)

lakers4sho
08-23-2010, 10:38 AM

He doesn't have the "mental" tool.

roygconner
08-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Billups is an expiring contract if the team wants him to be as he has a team option for next season... Trading him for Monte Ellis would make me happy.... GS wants him moved so lets get it done!!!

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Billups is an expiring contract if the team wants him to be as he has a team option for next season... Trading him for Monte Ellis would make me happy.... GS wants him moved so lets get it done!!!

why would you want Monta over Billups?

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 10:43 AM
He doesn't have the "mental" tool.

same thing with jamarcus russell. im just saying he has the skillset just not the mindset and thats my point if on a contender with experienced veterans that could show him work ethic and how to shoot consistently he could be really good like get him on the lakers and kobe would have him looking sooooooo good. he could be like kobe's protege. and by time he is at the end of his prime he could be a top 10 sg. like i said before dude is only 25.

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 10:44 AM
why would you want Monta over Billups?

x2

roygconner
08-23-2010, 10:51 AM
I didn't mean to say Monte over Billups, I meant Monte alongside Billups trading JR for Monte. I was just stating that Billups is technically in his last year under his contract because he has a team option after this season.

roygconner
08-23-2010, 10:57 AM
How about we trade JR to Memphis for xavier Henry's rights

Hellcrooner
08-23-2010, 10:59 AM
i think they should call Portland about Rudy and pryzbilla.

miller74
08-23-2010, 11:03 AM
JR Smith for corky romano aka Jose Calderon?

Sixerlover
08-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Why would teams even give up major value for JR? Hasn't he proven what he is already? A chucker that plays hard when he feels like it. No defense, black hole offensively, I wouldn't give much for him if I was any NBA GM. Yes he is athletic and has a good jumper but he has been that way since he came into the league in '04 and honestly hasn't wowed me at all.

2_Trill
08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Sounds like Bye Bye J.R!

Stunner
08-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Bulls

thescore53
08-23-2010, 11:38 AM
and here comes enter your home city's or favorite team's trade idea:p

ur assuming theres alot of interest in him

cheetos185
08-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Why would teams even give up major value for JR? Hasn't he proven what he is already? A chucker that plays hard when he feels like it. No defense, black hole offensively, I wouldn't give much for him if I was any NBA GM. Yes he is athletic and has a good jumper but he has been that way since he came into the league in '04 and honestly hasn't wowed me at all.

x2

d_ramirez1
08-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Rip Hamilton & Chris Wilcox for JR Smith & Kenyon Martin??

Evolution23
08-23-2010, 12:16 PM
I like him but hes a one dimensional player who is only good at shooting and dunks.

miller74
08-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I like him but hes a one dimensional player who is only good at shooting and dunks.

lol a 1 dimensional players whose only good at 2 things?

tMoNEy24
08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
First Post In Awhile But , Someone Mentioned the Kings Picking JR up . Doesn't sound bad to me as a Kings fan . We desperately need 3 Point Shooting and would definitely bring some excitement to Sactown. A backcourt Of Reke and Smith would be Nice. Wouldn't be able to pressure Tyreke as much with Smiths Shooting Abilities. I'm Not to sure what we could offer but Maybe something built around Jason Thompson?

tMoNEy24
08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
lol a 1 dimensional players whose only good at 2 things?

Lmfao , That'd be Two Dimensional..

JordansBulls
08-23-2010, 12:42 PM

That is why you sign him as a 6th man.

Perl567
08-23-2010, 12:57 PM

Although I do agree with you somewhat, if JR plays for the right coach in a specialist role where he comes in just to juice the offense, that would be great. He really can change games when he gets on target- he spreads the floor nicely and allows other players to get involved.

JR's beef IMO is that he wants to be a starting SG, but GK wants to limit him to 20-25 min a game you minimize the damage. He wants 25-30 or more. I see him more like John Salmons after his contract expires. He'll drift from team to team, filling a niche until he settles down and understands what he needs to do to contribute to a team.

Then, he'll be deadly. I would take the risk of JR for 1 year for a role player as a GM. Absolutely. If you're looking for juice, he's got that.

DitchDat
08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Monta has already been on the Nuggets.

He just called himself Iverson. It didn't work out. It was kind of a big thing.

BkOriginalOne
08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Don't the Bulls need another shooter since they missed out on Rudy?
Jr Smith would be fantastic in Boston if he could get there.

FarOutIos
08-23-2010, 01:14 PM
What do you think the Kings would be willing to offer?

Not sure. I know that in the Kings forum, there has been debate all summer on whether or not we should trade one of our big men. Jason Thompson and Carl Landry are the two most mentioned players.

Some really don't want to trade Landry. Others only for the right price. I think Petrie would trade Landry for the right price... not sure if that is Smith, though. Thompson, probably would work.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
why would the Kings trade for Smith? Evans needs to be playing off the ball. The only thing that would make sense is if they still intend to use Tyreke at PG at times and bring Smith off the bench

TheGsw
08-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Would rather keep monta. Ellis is way better in the open court and a much better scorer.
You can't blame Monta for ballhogging everygame when you have dleaguers in your team and also have 8 people suited up. Lol

tMoNEy24
I think a Backcourt Of Evans And Smith Could Work With Beno Coming in To give eithier one a Rest

Rafer17
J.R. Smith,

Boston Wants You

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Would rather keep monta. Ellis is way better in the open court and a much better scorer.
You can't blame Monta for ballhogging everygame when you have dleaguers in your team and also have 8 people suited up. Lol

disagree. Curry needs to be leading that team, and he and Monta do not work well together.
And Monta has played really bad for two seasons now. He is a chucker, who shoots his teams out of games
Get him back to being a 3rd option, where he thrives

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:22 PM
I think a Backcourt Of Evans And Smith Could Work With Beno Coming in To give eithier one a Rest

I mean it could, but Evans would be better off the ball.

Jays Claw
08-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure if the Raptors have any players of his trade value. Thus, the Raptors will most likely pass.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure if the Raptors have any players of his trade value. Thus, the Raptors will most likely pass.

let DeRozan develop

JWO35
08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince
for
JR Smith and Kenyon Martin, +filler

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince
for
JR Smith and Kenyon Martin, +filler

hmmmmm

I might do that both ways

TheGsw
08-23-2010, 01:31 PM
disagree. Curry needs to be leading that team, and he and Monta do not work well together.
And Monta has played really bad for two seasons now. He is a chucker, who shoots his teams out of games
Get him back to being a 3rd option, where he thrives

They didn't work well together? Is that why they were The most productive backcourt in the NBA. Lol
but I agree with you, monta ain't a first option.
But I'd rather have Monta over Jr!

tMoNEy24
08-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Tyreke > Curry LOL

FarOutIos
08-23-2010, 01:34 PM
why would the Kings trade for Smith? Evans needs to be playing off the ball. The only thing that would make sense is if they still intend to use Tyreke at PG at times and bring Smith off the bench

There is still much debate on what type of player works best with Evans. I made a thread months ago to get other Kings fans opinions... and no one could agree.

I think the most important thing to us is adding talent that is still relatively young. So Smith works.

My preference is to match up Evans with another combo guard type... such as OJ Mayo.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:35 PM
They didn't work well together? Is that why they were The most productive backcourt in the NBA. Lol
but I agree with you, monta ain't a first option.
But I'd rather have Monta over Jr!

you have got to be kidding me. How on earth are you planning to justify that comment?

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
There is still much debate on what type of player works best with Evans. I made a thread months ago to get other Kings fans opinions... and no one could agree.

I think the most important thing to us is adding talent that is still relatively young. So Smith works.

My preference is to match up Evans with another combo guard type... such as OJ Mayo.

well, Evans is a score first player, score second player, and then pass if he has to. I don't mean this is a criticism however. I think he would be best suited to play next to a pass first PG who can defend. I think a primary ball handler next to him is what he needs most. That way he can concentrate on what he does best. Kill off iso's

TheGsw
08-23-2010, 01:39 PM
WTF they were the most producive backcourt in the NBA. Cmon bro, don't tell me you didn't know that? Smh

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:39 PM
WTF they were the most producive backcourt in the NBA. Cmon bro, don't tell me you didn't know that? Smh

no, they aren't. I would like to know how you come up with this

pistonsfanomg
08-23-2010, 01:40 PM

lol

nuggetsyankees
08-23-2010, 01:42 PM
how about JR, Kmart, Balkman for Iggy, Brand...makes sense for both sides

Sadds The Gr8
08-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I like JR when he plays well but he's way too inconsistent and hard to coach.

pistonsfanomg
08-23-2010, 01:43 PM
how about JR, Kmart, Balkman for Iggy, Brand...makes sense for both sides

That would be a steal for Denver

nuggetsyankees
08-23-2010, 01:45 PM
^Philly would get rid of their 2 worst contract and get 23.3 mil in expirings...K-Mart's contract is paid 80% by insurance so they'd only pay 80%...JR would be a one year rental, great 6th man...Iggy would hinder Turner's development...Brand seems a bit of a liability

TheGsw
08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Out of all the backcourts in the NBA they led in points combined and steals combined, and were top 5 in reb and assist.
People tend to think that monta and curry don't work well, maybe because of the drama in training camp last year , or of our losing record.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Out of all the backcourts in the NBA they led in points combined and steals combined, and were top 5 in reb and assist.
People tend to think that monta and curry don't work well, maybe because of the drama in training camp last year , or of our losing record.

ahhh, per game add ups. Cool. They produced a total on 5.9 win shares between them. That means, for all the stats they produced, it gave GS around 6 wins.
Just for a comparions, I looked up the Spurs and Celtics starting backcourt, didn't really need to go further
Manu/Parker- 13.3 win shares
Allen/Rondo- 17.5 win shares

your boys played monster minutes on the highest paced team in the NBA. Their efficiency was not even remotely close enough, collectively, to the good teams backcourts. Ellis, by himself, has 0 offensive win shares. he didn't help him team in the slightest.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
that being said, Curry is a keeper, trade Monta for wing help that can defend, if someone will take him. He is worth more than his value, because in a defined role with protection, he can be a good player. But not next to Curry. And quite frankly, he will just hurt Curry's development

TheGsw
08-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Did you really have to bring those advanced stats? Lol
Also don't forget they played with dleaguers due to the injuries.
I'm really curious how Curry will run his team with a healthy Beans and an allstar like David Lee. I agree with you that If Monta accepts not being the number 1 option then he will be a much better player.

Sixerlover
08-23-2010, 02:02 PM
^Philly would get rid of their 2 worst contract and get 23.3 mil in expirings...K-Mart's contract is paid 80% by insurance so they'd only pay 80%...JR would be a one year rental, great 6th man...Iggy would hinder Turner's development...Brand seems a bit of a liability

I wouldn't accept that deal at all. Howabout taking out Iguodala and Smith and making it Brand for Martin + Balkman

Sixerlover
08-23-2010, 02:04 PM
ahhh, per game add ups. Cool. They produced a total on 5.9 win shares between them. That means, for all the stats they produced, it gave GS around 6 wins.
Just for a comparions, I looked up the Spurs and Celtics starting backcourt, didn't really need to go further
Manu/Parker- 13.3 win shares
Allen/Rondo- 17.5 win shares

your boys played monster minutes on the highest paced team in the NBA. Their efficiency was not even remotely close enough, collectively, to the good teams backcourts. Ellis, by himself, has 0 offensive win shares. he didn't help him team in the slightest.

Game.. Blouses

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Did you really have to bring those advanced stats? Lol
Also don't forget they played with dleaguers due to the injuries.
I'm really curious how Curry will run his team with a healthy Beans and an allstar like David Lee. I agree with you that If Monta accepts not being the number 1 option then he will be a much better player.

yes, I did. They were not a productive backcourt, and the majority of that falls on Monta.
Here is the problem. When was Monta good? When he had Baron Davis next to him. Curry doesn't resemble Davis in the slightest. Ellis needs a big, strong guard next to him, and he also had Jax in a good year to help defensively. Ellis is a great role player, but a terrible feature player.
Sorry dude, I just had to correct you on that. The Warriors starting backcourt was one of the lesser productive backcourts in the NBA

But hey, my Wolves were officially the worst, if that helps make you feel better :)

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Game.. Blouses

want some pancakes?

xbrackattackx
08-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't accept that deal at all. Howabout taking out Iguodala and Smith and making it Brand for Martin + Balkman

They would have to get Iggy for taking Brands awful contact. Or you guys would have to throw in Speights or Thad.

Sixerlover
08-23-2010, 02:07 PM
They would have to get Iggy for taking Brands awful contact. Or you guys would have to throw in Speights or Thad.

That's my point. I'd rather keep Iggy + Brand than accept that deal. No parts of JR around Jrue + Turner. But if they want Speights or Thad for us to get out of Brands contract SURE! :p

TheGsw
08-23-2010, 02:10 PM
yes, I did. They were not a productive backcourt, and the majority of that falls on Monta.
Here is the problem. When was Monta good? When he had Baron Davis next to him. Curry doesn't resemble Davis in the slightest. Ellis needs a big, strong guard next to him, and he also had Jax in a good year to help defensively. Ellis is a great role player, but a terrible feature player.
Sorry dude, I just had to correct you on that. The Warriors starting backcourt was one of the lesser productive backcourts in the NBA

But hey, my Wolves were officially the worst, if that helps make you feel better

I just wanna see a Curry/Ellis backcourt one more year, especially alongside with a frontcourt of Lee/Biedrins.
We may not make the playoffs but at least this franchise is headed to the right direction!

xbrackattackx
08-23-2010, 02:11 PM
That's my point. I'd rather keep Iggy + Brand than accept that deal. No parts of JR around Jrue + Turner. But if they want Speights or Thad for us to get out of Brands contract SURE! :p

I think Turner is gonna be a huge surprise on that team and holiday is nasty.

What if Denver was willing to do

Kmart,Jr and Birdman for Brand,Noci and Iggy? Take on your two worst Contract and Get Jr to use as a trade or let him expire. And Kmart 17 million expiring.

miller74
08-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Game.. Blouses

lol

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I just wanna see a Curry/Ellis backcourt one more year, especially alongside with a frontcourt of Lee/Biedrins.
We may not make the playoffs but at least this franchise is headed to the right direction!

well, we will agree to disagree. Because Ellis and Curry are not going to work together.
I would like to see Nelson fired (Yes, I am going against a Hawkeye, sighhh), and for them to acquire a SF who can defend multiple positons, and then slow it down and use Curry in more of a facilitator role

TheGsw
08-23-2010, 02:24 PM
well, we will agree to disagree. Because Ellis and Curry are not going to work together.
I would like to see Nelson fired (Yes, I am going against a Hawkeye, sighhh), and for them to acquire a SF who can defend multiple positons, and then slow it down and use Curry in more of a facilitator role

They did acquire Dorell Wright to be their stopper, and last year the problem was not our backcourt. We were in the bottom of the league in rpg, and with the addition of Lee we should be fine.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 02:32 PM
They did acquire Dorell Wright to be their stopper, and last year the problem was not our backcourt. We were in the bottom of the league in rpg, and with the addition of Lee we should be fine.

I can't stress enough how awful (thanks to Ellis), your backcourt was. He was the 2nd least productive player, contribution wise, in the entire NBA that played more than 30 mpg.

nuggetsyankees
08-23-2010, 03:33 PM
can you guys take the discussion about GSW somewhere else...nothing personal but it's really off-topic

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
can you guys take the discussion about GSW somewhere else...nothing personal but it's really off-topic

its over dude, no worries

The Raven
08-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Vujacic expiring for J.R. Smith :p

Do it Mitch!

beasted86
08-23-2010, 03:57 PM
JR Smith + Chris Anderson for Richard Hamilton.
Then Nuggets sign Louis Amundson as their bench combo PF/C.

I'm sure Rip would love to be playing with Billups again and on a playoff team.

DenButsu
08-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Do it Mitch!

We don't know who the new Nuggets GM is yet, but we do know he won't be that stupid.

DenButsu
08-23-2010, 09:37 PM
JR Smith + Chris Anderson for Richard Hamilton.
Then Nuggets sign Louis Amundson as their bench combo PF/C.

I'm sure Rip would love to be playing with Billups again and on a playoff team.

We'd need another big coming back in that deal. J.R. is pretty much already better (and cheaper) than the declining Rip, and we absolutely can't afford to give up any depth in an already sparse frontcourt without getting size back in return.

godolphins
08-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Send him to the thunders or miami

Tony_Starks
08-23-2010, 10:24 PM
This guy has a young money tatt on his neck. Seriously. He should banished from the league for that alone!!!

DenButsu
08-24-2010, 01:09 AM
This guy has a young money tatt on his neck. Seriously. He should banished from the league for that alone!!!

Dude, he has Transformers tats on his neck. Two of them.