PDA

View Full Version : Final cut of team u.s.a?

dsickich123
08-22-2010, 04:35 PM
After watching the final two exhibition games in USA Basketball, who is the final cut?

They have 12 players and need 13. Seems like they are basically down to three (Westbrook, Curry, Gordon). Personally I believe that Danny Granger should be cut, seems like he has done the least and they dont really need him, but...

ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACTUALLY WATCHING THESE EXHIBITION GAMES!!!

tredigs
08-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Has Gordon even played in the game tonight? A complete ghost if so. Which is surprising, because he was great in the prior game (especially defensively).

All I know is that after Curry's dousing of Rubio in the 3rd quarter tonight, I can't imagine it will be him.

sep11ie
08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Drew Gooden

Khalifa21
08-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I think it'll be Westbrook.

Westbrook is a better player than Gordon but I think the team needs more shooting. Westbrook is a very similar player to Rose and Rondo. The last thing Team USA needs is another athletic PG who isn't a great shooter.

dsickich123
08-22-2010, 05:18 PM
To be honest, I think that all three of them should be on the team. They have all been key players, and helped out a lot. I think that they have all been top 10 players on the team.

Yes, they are all guards and the team has too many guards, but International plays smaller as well.

I think someone like Granger deserves to be cut.

He is a very poor mans Durant.

daleja424
08-22-2010, 05:19 PM
id cut westbrook, personally. he offers a similar style of play as rondo and rose, but is worse at it, and is not really a playmaker for others. Id keep curry and gordon b/c of their ability to shoot. I WANT to cut iggy. That guys sucks.

lakers4sho
08-22-2010, 05:29 PM
We have one more exhibition against Greece on Wednesday.

Yunqn
08-22-2010, 05:50 PM
it has to be rondo..

HAS TO..

westbrook curry and gordon all had there big games..

rondo isnt goina outrebound international guys..
he isnt a threat even from there 3 point line
loves to get fancy and cost us turnovers
he brings NOTHING to the offense.. one that has alot of guys who need to create from thereself or have the floor spreaded.. rondo brings nothing but passing.. and he has more turnovers then anyone..

no way you kick out curry and gordon.. and espec. not westbrook

today was evident that rondo or gordon is most likely gone.. gordon has to be picked over him..gordon brings way more offensively and plays physical on defense for guards.. rondo.. just plays the lane..

Hustlenomics
08-22-2010, 05:55 PM
it has to be rondo..

HAS TO..

westbrook curry and gordon all had there big games..

rondo isnt goina outrebound international guys..
he isnt a threat even from there 3 point line
loves to get fancy and cost us turnovers
he brings NOTHING to the offense.. one that has alot of guys who need to create from thereself or have the floor spreaded.. rondo brings nothing but passing.. and he has more turnovers then anyone..

no way you kick out curry and gordon.. and espec. not westbrook

today was evident that rondo or gordon is most likely gone.. gordon has to be picked over him..gordon brings way more offensively and plays physical on defense for guards.. rondo.. just plays the lane..
damn, you're going to be very disappointed

Yunqn
08-22-2010, 06:00 PM
what i learned from today was two things..

ricky rubio is the truth and will be top 5 in 2-3 yrs after he's in..
rondo and lamar odom are products of the talent around them.. there not as good as people credit them for.. espec how people suck rondo's d*ck and if he doesnt have that game against cleveland with that triple double.. people arent clamoring him as a top 3..which is the most stupidest ***** ever.. put him on phx or chicago.. they dont have ANYWHERE near the success..the day that team breaks up will show exactly why doc rivers was hesitant to play this fancy attitude kid even over eddie house and stephon marbury.. rondo doesnt have one ring.. so stop walking with t-shirts acting like you won it .. i dont see derek fisher doing so.. and he has 5..

Yunqn
08-22-2010, 06:08 PM
damn, you're going to be very disappointed

what is it that people love about rondo? seriously? darren collinson and ricky rubio are every bit as good as them and if not superior.. curry is someone with gordon who could shoot.. both are the same but both play good defense and one is athletic and the other one could pass and handle.i dont want to ever hear people say rondo over westbrook anymore.. because thats closed for debate.. westbrook takes off like no other.. his jumpshot is far better than rondos.. his defense his far better.. & in two years rubio will be settled in and watch him dog..

after both usa vs spain games..im convinced ricky rubio will be a top 5 or 6 point guard in his time right from the gate..but if he comes in with a pick and roll and a outside shooter like paul and deron did.. rubios will probably be the first rookie all star since yao..

BkOriginalOne
08-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Despite Curry's injury.
He's really the only shooter they have in the backcourt with the exception of Billups.
He can also spend time at the 2. Too versatile and valuable because of his shooting to get cut.
Eric Gordon is pretty one dimensional, I think he's out.

stejay
08-22-2010, 06:15 PM
I say Westbrook

Purch
08-22-2010, 06:21 PM
what is it that people love about rondo? seriously? darren collinson and ricky rubio are every bit as good as them and if not superior.. curry is someone with gordon who could shoot.. both are the same but both play good defense and one is athletic and the other one could pass and handle.i dont want to ever hear people say rondo over westbrook anymore.. because thats closed for debate.. westbrook takes off like no other.. his jumpshot is far better than rondos.. his defense his far better.. & in two years rubio will be settled in and watch him dog..

after both usa vs spain games..im convinced ricky rubio will be a top 5 or 6 point guard in his time right from the gate..but if he comes in with a pick and roll and a outside shooter like paul and deron did.. rubios will probably be the first rookie all star since yao..

Was gonna comment on the Rondo thing. But then I saw you were a Bulls fan. So it made sense to me

Nets fan 93
08-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Get rid of westbrook. He was very sloppy with the ball. and he missed breakaway dunks.

YankeesNets11
08-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Even though Westbrook is better overall than Gordon, I think he will be cut. We already have two very similar PGs in Rose and Rondo, so Gordon fits the team better.

Purch
08-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Rose and Rondo are nothing alike to me.

poleandreel
08-22-2010, 06:41 PM
cut rose. he got raped by rubio today

jayl1377
08-22-2010, 07:02 PM
cut gordon

jayl1377
08-22-2010, 07:03 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Jewelz0376
08-22-2010, 07:08 PM
I would cut Gordon...like many have said he doesn't really do ne thing that Rose and Rondo can't.... Plus they need another shooter at the guard spot...

Chacarron
08-22-2010, 07:17 PM
I think Gordon should be in for sure, I like his toughness and 3 point shooting. I say Westy is cut as much as I like him.

sargon21
08-22-2010, 07:22 PM
i think it should be between gordon and westbrook... we need some shooting that curry brings, also granger should not be cut b/c he also shoots well and will spread the floor for rose and rondo ... so i went with westbrook just b/c i think he provides what rose does, just at a lower level, so i see no need for him, while gordon can actually hit the long-range shot

icej
08-22-2010, 10:38 PM

I am not a boston fan, but you do under estimate the worth of rondo, its not all shooting that is needed for a "W". The players you have mentioned lack a lot of much valuable assets for a win, much less a championship. Experience is one of them.

jim51990
08-22-2010, 10:47 PM
should be rose when hes in the team is terrible

nolin
08-22-2010, 10:53 PM
After watching the final two exhibition games in USA Basketball, who is the final cut?

They have 12 players and need 13. Seems like they are basically down to three (Westbrook, Curry, Gordon). Personally I believe that Danny Granger should be cut, seems like he has done the least and they dont really need him, but...

ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACTUALLY WATCHING THESE EXHIBITION GAMES!!!

Yea your right it will be granger getting the cut imo

Sir Buckets
08-22-2010, 11:13 PM

lol

As for who will get cut, I think it should probably be Westbrook. As talented as Westbrook is, and even though he's a better player than Gordon, his skillset is a little redundant on this team. Gordon, while he isn't the biggest name or flashiest player, brings more of what is needed.

NBA-GMaster
08-22-2010, 11:16 PM
I got a feeling Westbrook will be cut.. They got Rose and Rondo..

Scarface-Bulls
08-22-2010, 11:42 PM

he won the game, this must be your fist game watching basketball u are laughable

Hellcrooner
08-22-2010, 11:48 PM
what i learnt today.

DONT CUT CURRY at ANY circumstance.

Neither Westbrook or Gorodon impressed me.

And Rose was too erratic at certain times ( dont let his finals 2 minutes fool you)

I guess if rondo did not play is the tuip he will eb the one cut ?

kylem4711
08-22-2010, 11:59 PM
cut westbrook. just cause his stupid haircut.

thekmp211
08-23-2010, 12:11 AM
i believe the guys who didn't play were held out to give other guys a chance to showcase themselves. rondo, granger and love are locks for the roster.

i'm a westbrook > rose guy, but i understand that isn't the accepted view so westbrook will probably be the one to go. his skills are redundant. gordon is a strong 2 who's atheltic and can shoot. curry looked awesome tonight. they both can shoot, which is critical to the fiba game. iguodala is another guy that should get the cut but won't. any one of those guys should really be replaced by another big guy, but i guess we are going to take our chances with a small team.

ElMarroAfamado
08-23-2010, 01:22 AM
i think Eric is a lock maybe why he hasnt played much recently?

its prob between Curry and Granger (they dont need curry and hes awfully small...and Danny well hes not that great at anything and KD will prob get all the minutes at his position)

xbrackattackx
08-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Rose and Rondo are nothing alike to me.

Yea I agree...

One is a good PG and One is a good Scorer. Which is which?;)

xbrackattackx
08-23-2010, 08:59 AM
he won the game, this must be your fist game watching basketball u are laughable

Did you watch the game or are you just instantly trying to take up for D-rose?

He didn't have a great game. Yes he had a fine last 2 mins. But the rest of the time he was erratic.

I'm not saying he should be cut, But he can play better then that.

And the guy who said cut Rondo, He is there for his Defense him and Curry will be the Rubio stoppers.

GrumpyOldMan
08-23-2010, 10:53 AM
You guys have the best problems. I'm Canadian and a huge basketball fan. I'd love to be in the situation where we can't use all our great players. Your team looks great.

Sixerlover
08-23-2010, 11:12 AM
id cut westbrook, personally. he offers a similar style of play as rondo and rose, but is worse at it, and is not really a playmaker for others. Id keep curry and gordon b/c of their ability to shoot. I WANT to cut iggy. That guys sucks.
One bad game after nothing but good showings, and the guy sucks.. Sounds like your from Philly!

But I cut Granger or Westbrook. Granger isn't as good in the open court as Iguodala, Gay or Durant and doesn't defend as well as them either. Sure he can shoot, but when the lineup is Billups - Curry - Granger - Durant - Odom there are 4 other shooters out there which negates what he brings to the table.

Westbrook is just a product of two other players doing what he does at the same position. Rondo + Rose are both players that aren't great shooters, but are lightning quick and can pressure full court. Westbrook does that, but not as good as them and isn't as great of a passer either.