PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups wants to play four more years

JordansBulls
08-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArbMGW3SQhLwCUoxi0ZGchi8vLYF?slug=tsn-166139)

Denver Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups would like to play four more years, according to the Denver Post.

“I have hopefully four years left of playing,” Billups said, “and I’m not the kind of person to just ride it out. I want to win. I want to go out on top; I want to go out winning. …I want to get out there, get after it and play. And I want to win as a Nugget the rest of my years. In a perfect world that’s what I would want, that’s what I would hope for.”

Billups, who will turn 34 in September, enter his 14th season in the NBA with two years remaining on his deal in Denver. He is set to make roughly $13 million next season and $14 million in 2011-12 if the team exercises its option.

The key to keeping Billups would likely be Carmelo Anthony's decision to stay in Denver or depart for another team. Without Anthony, it's likely the team would begin to rebuild. Given Billups' comments, that's presumably a process he isn't interested in participating in at this late stage of his career.

Swashcuff
08-21-2010, 09:24 PM
and he will. He can surely go on winning on a team such as the Heat or the Lakers for the min.

Hellcrooner
08-21-2010, 09:25 PM
t ime to offer sasha and filler for billups

LTBaByyy
08-21-2010, 09:25 PM
If they trade melo what team will billups go to?

Prob lakers or heat since hes a pg (they need) and wants to win so bad

Every other winning teams already have good young pgs

Swashcuff
08-21-2010, 09:30 PM
If they trade melo what team will billups go to?

Prob lakers or heat since hes a pg (they need) and wants to win so bad

Every other winning teams already have good young pgs

Orlando, Atlanta, Dallas, Portland.

As it stands right now he's probably an upgrade over all thier PGs. He could be the type of player to put Orlando and you Mavs over the hump.

lakers4sho
08-21-2010, 10:11 PM
He would be a good fit in LA. He's the prototype Tri PG.

asandhu23
08-21-2010, 10:26 PM
He would be a good fit in LA. He's the prototype Tri PG.

:facepalm:

every single time. every goddamn single time.

Anytime, a thread similar to this approaches, a Lakers fan is always the first person to say something along the lines of "He would be a good fit in LA. Let's get him "

Really? How about these stars should go and help out teams that suck and provide veteran experience to the ballers on those teams?

sofargone
08-21-2010, 10:29 PM

Anytime, a thread similar to this approaches, a Lakers fan is always the first person to say something along the lines of "He would be a good fit in LA. Let's get him "

Really? How about these stars should go and help out teams that suck and provide veteran experience to the ballers on those teams?

I think the last thing Chauncy would want to do at this point in his career is play for a team that sucks.

lakers4sho
08-21-2010, 10:30 PM

I mean, he IS the prototype triangle point guard. I'm just stating a fact. And I never said "Let's get him".

KeithLBC
08-21-2010, 10:54 PM

cool story, bro

Sixerlover
08-21-2010, 10:56 PM
How old is he? Drafted in '97 should make him about 33? I can see him playing until J.Kidd's age right now..

_KB24_
08-21-2010, 10:58 PM

Paaji, great players are always a good fit in LA :cool:

LTBaByyy
08-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Orlando, Atlanta, Dallas, Portland.

As it stands right now he's probably an upgrade over all thier PGs. He could be the type of player to put Orlando and you Mavs over the hump.

he would not put dallas over the hump? Lol hes not a top 5 pg..

Yes hes a top 10 pg but jason kidd is a top 10 pg in ever pg ranking also

And hes 34.... roddy buckets is our future, and if something ever happens d jones can play pg too

GonRoo
08-21-2010, 11:43 PM
He needs to comeback to Detroit..his 4 years would probably be more effective than Rodney Stuckey's next 4 years or w.e..

Swashcuff
08-22-2010, 04:08 AM
he would not put dallas over the hump? Lol hes not a top 5 pg..

Yes hes a top 10 pg but jason kidd is a top 10 pg in ever pg ranking also

And hes 34.... roddy buckets is our future, and if something ever happens d jones can play pg too

Yeah and going to Denver did nothing good for them. But hey you are a Mavericks fan so you'd never say that Chauncey would be a solid upgrade for you guys. If you start a poll that if Chauncey were to replace Kidd as the Mavs PG would that put you guys over the top I guarantee everyone who respects the man as a player would agree with me. But hey you know your franchise and you just keep studying the future while your guys' window for success is as wide now as it will ever be.

Swashcuff
08-22-2010, 04:10 AM
I think the last thing Chauncy would want to do at this point in his career is play for a team that sucks.

Exactly! Did asandhu even read the article or saw that a laker fan pointed out the fact that Chauncey would fit his team's system well. I'd bet anything that IF the warriors was a winning franchise he'd be the very same way. Maybe not for Chauncey but probably for someone like Pierce.

icej
08-22-2010, 04:25 AM
He can play NBA level even after 4years just with the same skill, but pg's position are durable.

LTBaByyy
08-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Yeah and going to Denver did nothing good for them. But hey you are a Mavericks fan so you'd never say that Chauncey would be a solid upgrade for you guys. If you start a poll that if Chauncey were to replace Kidd as the Mavs PG would that put you guys over the top I guarantee everyone who respects the man as a player would agree with me. But hey you know your franchise and you just keep studying the future while your guys' window for success is as wide now as it will ever be.

You really think he would put us over the top lol

J kidd was 10 points 9 assist 6 rebounds 1.8 steals last year!!!
Chauncey was 19 points 6 assist 3 rebounts 1.1 steals last year

we dont need scoring on our team so i dont know where your getting at

BkOriginalOne
08-22-2010, 05:07 AM
A lot of teams could used a great shooting leader and finals MVP as their point guard.
Obvious team is the Lakers because he would fit so well with them.
But he could meet Melo in NY if Paul doesn't come over.
Dallas and Portland look like options too.
Billups would also be a n upgrade at PG for the magic, bringing all of things nelson doesn't.

Swashcuff
08-22-2010, 05:17 AM

check his resume and his latest accomplishments relate it to your franchise's current situation and compare him to J.Kidds' and you'd understand. I mean J. Kidd is GREAT but at this point in his career he may be a better fit for a team such as Lakers.

You guys keep talking about Dirk has never had a legit #2 well guess what at this point in his career even come playoff time Chauncey Billups is still that. His value goes WAYYYYYY beyond his numbers so don't be fooled.

But let me repeat myself you are a maverick fan so you may be ignorant to the thought of him being a better fit than the PG that you currently have.

J.Kidd is certainly the better PG but Chauncey is the better and more valuable player. Don't take my word look at the man's resume.

Antipod
08-22-2010, 06:48 AM
4 years? that`s a little too much, even for him. don`t sure he`ll spend them playing for Nuggets`cause if Melo goes that team may be ready for rebuild.

a vet min for a contender(Miami? :D )

icej
08-22-2010, 08:13 AM
4 years? that`s a little too much, even for him. don`t sure he`ll spend them playing for Nuggets`cause if Melo goes that team may be ready for rebuild.

a vet min for a contender(Miami? :D )

wow, too much already. Kidd would do. :rolleyes:

coloradobuff
08-22-2010, 08:54 AM
good deal

Khalifa21
08-22-2010, 10:08 AM
t ime to offer sasha and filler for billups

Why does every Lakers fan seem to think every team are dying to get their hands on Sasha and a filler?

Every time I see a thread about a playing being on the block or wanting out this is pretty much the generic response we get from Lakers fans.

"Melo wants out of Denver" "Sasha and a filler sounds about right"

"CP3 will be traded before season starts" "Vujacic and filler should be enough"

Damn, every time...

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 10:46 AM
tall PG's who can shoot tend to age well. He will have to accept a lesser role in a couple of years, but he could easily play 4 more

nuggetsyankees
08-22-2010, 10:48 AM
he said he has 4 good years left not four years in total

nuggetsyankees
08-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Why does every Lakers fan seem to think every team are dying to get their hands on Sasha and a filler?

Every time I see a thread about a playing being on the block or wanting out this is pretty much the generic response we get from Lakers fans.

"Melo wants out of Denver" "Sasha and a filler sounds about right"

"CP3 will be traded before season starts" "Vujacic and filler should be enough"

Damn, every time...

It's a joke...who let you out of the sandbox

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 10:49 AM

I can agree with this as well. High skill level. He should be able to contribute big minutes for 4 more years.

Chronz
08-22-2010, 02:51 PM
tall PG's who can shoot tend to age well. He will have to accept a lesser role in a couple of years, but he could easily play 4 more
Hes got the size and the touch but it was his ability to get to the line that made his ordinary FG% alright to live with. And keep in mind he doesnt want to accept a lesser role. He wants to go out at the top of his game.

LOL you dont need scoring, how about efficient scoring? How many times are people going to try and say this about Kidd. Its getting worse as he ages and CANT score even if he wanted to. Considering where the Mavs offense ranked, they NEED scoring.

He also says he only wants to play as many GOOD years as he can then retire.

xbrackattackx
08-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I think he has 4 good years left in him, He is a smart player that just gets better with age and experience.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Hes got the size and the touch but it was his ability to get to the line that made his ordinary FG% alright to live with. And keep in mind he doesnt want to accept a lesser role. He wants to go out at the top of his game.

then he is done after next season if that is his goal.

beasted86
08-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I mean, he IS the prototype triangle point guard. I'm just stating a fact. And I never said "Let's get him".

No, it's actually really far from a fact. Go look at the past 10 years that Phil Jackson has implemented the triangle in LA, and the previous 10 years he spent in Chicago. Tell me how many of their PGs had a usage percentage as high as Billups, who has consistently averaged 21% or above for most of his career.

Please don't list anything as fact when you are really THAT wrong about it.

Billups is a guy a who wants the freedom to pull up on the break for 3s as often as he does, and be a scorer in the offense with his mid-range or posting up instead of just a spot up shooter. That's not what the triangle is about at all.

LTBaByyy
08-22-2010, 03:08 PM

LOL you dont need scoring, how about efficient scoring? How many times are people going to try and say this about Kidd. Its getting worse as he ages and CANT score even if he wanted to. Considering where the Mavs offense ranked, they NEED scoring.

He also says he only wants to play as many GOOD years as he can then retire.

Kidd has better stats???

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable1.html

And we were 11th in scoring!?! Ahead of boston, la lakers, hawks, thunder, and chicagp tp name a few

PistonsFan14
08-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Kidd has better stats???

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable1.html

And we were 11th in scoring!?! Ahead of boston, la lakers, hawks, thunder, and chicagp tp name a few

Chauncey has a ring. The ultimate stat ;)

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 03:24 PM

if that is how you gauge a player, you have a long way to go in your player evaluation skills

heattiltheend94
08-22-2010, 03:25 PM
His style will allow him to play many more years. He has aged very nicely

LTBaByyy
08-22-2010, 03:35 PM

I guess we should trade for derek fisher... He has 5!!!!! :speechless:

LTBaByyy
08-22-2010, 03:38 PM
In all serious our team is better suited for a passive pg- 9 ast!!!

Devin Harris was our pg and scored and had ast like billups

it wont work

LTBaByyy
08-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Chris paul woupdve put us over tge top when he put us as one of his choices!!!!

Not billups bc him AND kidd are top 10 pgs

PistonsFan14
08-22-2010, 06:22 PM
His style will allow him to play many more years. He has aged very nicely

It was a joke. Guess you didnt catch the eye wink buddy.

The Raven
08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
He might not necessaraly start but, im sure he'll be able to contribute somehow