PDA

View Full Version : worst managed team in nba

utl768
08-21-2010, 05:54 PM
my vote goes to minnesota or the nets

the twolves gave away 2 of there best players in jefferson and sessions in seperate trades for nothing basically

the nets because they cleared so much salary and have nothing to show for it in free agency except anthony morrow

SA5195
08-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Why'd you make 2 threads on this?

utl768
08-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Why'd you make 2 threads on this?

forgot the poll option on the first one so i edited that one and made a new one instead

nanablvd
08-21-2010, 06:04 PM
got to be the Clippers.

heattiltheend94
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Tough tie between Clippers and TWolves, but went Clippers

thescore53
08-21-2010, 06:10 PM
the clippers owner doesnt even know the players on his team

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-21-2010, 06:10 PM
clips

heattiltheend94
08-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Who voted Heat? Not being a homer, I would say same thing if Lakers, C's, or other good teams got voted.

heattiltheend94
08-21-2010, 06:12 PM
the clippers owner doesnt even know the players on his team

Yeah, there was a thread a few days ago saying that Manager didn't know who Foye was. :facepalm:

thescore53
08-21-2010, 06:13 PM
nvm

netsgiantsyanks
08-21-2010, 06:14 PM

the twolves gave away 2 of there best players in jefferson and sessions in seperate trades for nothing basically

the nets because they cleared so much salary and have nothing to show for it in free agency except anthony morrow

yeah, im not even going to say anything

thescore53
08-21-2010, 06:14 PM
heattiltheend94

Who voted Heat? Not being a homer, I would say same thing if Lakers, C's, or other good teams got voted.

press the number beside the heat and you wll find out

masalex1205
08-21-2010, 06:19 PM
^thanks, didn't know you could do that. I think he was being sarcastic. It's ridiculous to think that the Heat are the worst managed team in the NBA

netsgiantsyanks
08-21-2010, 06:20 PM
the three people who picked the heat are either haters or just dumb

Lakerfan8032
08-21-2010, 06:21 PM
It has to be the Clippers just based on the longevity of their suckiness. Minnesota and the Knicks are gaining on them. David Kahn (hope I spelled that right) is a ****** or something to that affect (anyone willing to commit anything more than the minimum to Darko is certifiable) and the only thing the Knicks have going for them is the cache of NYC. I don't think that I need to elaborate about L.A.'s other team.

Sir Buckets
08-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Recently: TWolves

Of all time: Clips

heattiltheend94
08-21-2010, 06:23 PM

press the number beside the heat and you wll find out

Thanks. Never knew that before. :)
Didn't really care who it was though, kind of rhetorical.

Lakerfan8032
08-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Recently: TWolves

Of all time: Clips

Agreed.

thescore53
08-21-2010, 06:26 PM
remember if a team is making alot of money their being managed well. after all this is a buisness.

D-Train#35
Warriors have made the playoffs once in the last 17 years. Finally have a new owner but it has been the Warriors for the past while.

Steelers23_06
hahahahhaha the heat (the heat hate continues) this is a convo they definitely shouldnt be involved. thats funny they only got the three most sought after free agents on the market but im not getting into that one. i say the twovles but most of that is drafting. another is the cavs they did a horrible job putting players around lebron. i still argue that if they got STAT and pulled the trigger on the trade and gave up hickson lebron stays. but i still voted for the twolves i say its twolves, clippers, cavs in that order.

thescore53
08-21-2010, 06:27 PM
hahahahhaha the heat (the heat hate continues) this is a convo they definitely shouldnt be involved. thats funny they only got the three most sought after free agents on the market but im not getting into that one. i say the twovles but most of that is drafting. another is the cavs they did a horrible job putting players around lebron. i still argue that if they got STAT and pulled the trigger on the trade and gave up hickson lebron stays. but i still voted for the twolves i say its twolves, clippers, cavs in that order.

why do you care ? whats the point of responding people are gonna vote for what ever they feel like. insecure much ?

SouthSideRookie
08-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Clippers by far, and the Knicks haven't been too good these past couple years.

Lakerfan8032
08-21-2010, 06:29 PM
To the Suns fan who voted for Phoenix I agree somewhat but not the worst. The cheap *** owner is the problem there but they do seem to stay competitive and relevant where as some teams do not. But I do understand where you're coming from. If my favorite team's owner was being as cheap as Sarver (I think that's his name) is and also being just a piece or two away from being a bona-fide championship contender I would be livid.

Iodine
08-21-2010, 06:34 PM
The Grizlulz hand Gay the max sign tony allen, then try to hardball their two 1st rounders

/thread

DCSportsIsPain
08-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Surprised the Knicks aren't in this conversation ...

Hawkeye15
08-21-2010, 06:39 PM
how is this a positive thread of discussion?

phoenix_bladen
08-21-2010, 06:40 PM
lol a knick fan voting the raptors.... didn't they forget about james dolan?

Steelers23_06
08-21-2010, 06:45 PM
why do you care ? whats the point of responding people are gonna vote for what ever they feel like. insecure much ?

not insecure but dont just vote to be a hater that would be like me voting for the lakers just because i dont like them(i like them btw) but your saying a team that has drafted and kept wade, took lebron from his home state, got shaq within the decade at the end of his prime. drafted a lot of good prospects, and built around the free agency. there are just a few teams that come to mind that shouldnt be on the list no mtter how big of a hater you are and lakers, celtics, heat, and magic come to mind.

wadecounty305
08-21-2010, 07:07 PM
how can some of you guys pick the heat when pat riley has been a mastermind in the business all this years..

Melo4Mvp
08-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Clips

Steelers23_06
08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
how can some of you guys pick the heat when pat riley has been a mastermind in the business all this years..

because hes not that good he didnt draft wall and trade for howard. lol idk the reasoning behind it. the more i get on this site the more annoying it is with hate. like they vote and dont have ANY reason whatsoever anything i have to say i have 101 reasons why i say it. these guys just state opinions with no facts or reasoning it behind it but w.e. cant hate haters or you just a hypocrite so this is to you haters :D

wadecounty305
08-21-2010, 07:15 PM
because hes not that good he didnt draft wall and trade for howard. lol idk the reasoning behind it. the more i get on this site the more annoying it is with hate. like they vote and dont have ANY reason whatsoever anything i have to say i have 101 reasons why i say it. these guys just state opinions with no facts or reasoning it behind it but w.e. cant hate haters or you just a hypocrite so this is to you haters :D

i know.. but it feels good to be hated like that lol

sargon21
08-21-2010, 07:20 PM
ok heat fans just shut up, obv. you're not the "worst managed team", just stop responding

Steelers23_06
08-21-2010, 07:21 PM
i know.. but it feels good to be hated like that lol

lmao and i guarentee you the poeple who voted for the heat are bulls fans because their pillows are still wet from them crying at night because they didnt get him. they went from the biggest supporters of lebron saying how great he is and how good he would play alongside wade to he's garbage and is robin now. not batman and robin batman and superman GET IT RIGHT hahahaha

netsgiantsyanks
08-21-2010, 07:26 PM
lmao and i guarentee you the poeple who voted for the heat are bulls fans because their pillows are still wet from them crying at night because they didnt get him. they went from the biggest supporters of lebron saying how great he is and how good he would play alongside wade to he's garbage and is robin now. not batman and robin batman and superman GET IT RIGHT hahahaha

stop, like that one guy said, your OBVIOUSLY not the worst managed team, so just shut up

thescore53
08-21-2010, 07:27 PM
not insecure but dont just vote to be a hater that would be like me voting for the lakers just because i dont like them(i like them btw) but your saying a team that has drafted and kept wade, took lebron from his home state, got shaq within the decade at the end of his prime. drafted a lot of good prospects, and built around the free agency. there are just a few teams that come to mind that shouldnt be on the list no mtter how big of a hater you are and lakers, celtics, heat, and magic come to mind.

just because of what happened this offseason the heat deserve to be mentioned with in the likes of storied franchise's like la and bos ?

and btw i didnt vote for the heat. i know they arent a badly runned franchise. everyone else know's. so just chill u dont have convince the whole world

spreadeagle
08-21-2010, 07:30 PM

I did just to ***** with you guys lol

utl768
08-21-2010, 07:30 PM

there jealous

king4day
08-21-2010, 07:31 PM

I did.U can click the number to see who voted for whom.
The fact that every nba team is on here makes me not take it seriously so I voted Miami.

DCSportsIsPain
08-21-2010, 07:34 PM
We can tell who hasn't been a fan long by who is getting defensive about the voting. :D

topdog
08-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Hornets. They have done nothing to improve that team in years. Chris Paul has a legitimate quarrel with how the team is being run. Peja is old and broken, Posey wasn't the "missing piece" to a championship and therefore was a mistake, West is a forgetable all-star and Okafor for Chandler just ruined any flexibility they had to make cost-conscious changes.

justinnum1
08-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Has to be Toronto.

thescore53
08-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Has to be Toronto.

it's worth more than the heat franchise. so. hush

topdog
08-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Counter-argument to Clips: It's bad luck more than anything. Their owner kind of sucks but has dished out some $$$ recently. Always put a good paper team on the court: Kaman, Brand, Maggette, Cassell / Kaman, Griffin, Gordon, Baron. Fleeced Minny for the better PG and a pick. Unfortunate Livingston injury, Griffin, Baron, Kaman... Won the 3-team FA swap - Baron-Maggette-Brand (Maggette got traded for expirings, Brand is too often on the bench).

Counter-argument to Wolves: New management - McHale is gone. Great staff in place: Ronzone is scout for team USA (knows international game), Rambis is longtime Laker coach (lockout year he led the team to a very strong record), Laimbeer was a successful WNBA champion coach (great NBA player as well). Hope is back: Kahn is willing to make deals and take chances. Fleeced the Wiz for Rubio - Miller and Foye are both gone, as well as all the additional players traded to the wolves in the deal. GM works with coach - Sessions trade really was a swap out for FA Ridnour who fits triangle better. Number of top 6 picks on the team.

Sox72
08-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Has to be Toronto.

Then why did you vote Bulls???

Steelers23_06
08-21-2010, 08:09 PM
just because of what happened this offseason the heat deserve to be mentioned with in the likes of storied franchise's like la and bos ?

and btw i didnt vote for the heat. i know they arent a badly runned franchise. everyone else know's. so just chill u dont have convince the whole world

like i said idc if ppl wanna hate let em hate. but i dont think the celtics have been that great recently (we all know of their stroied past.) aside from the big 3. before that remeber they were bottom dwellers. they made the playoffs a couple times before that but they werent contenders. they just had pierce who i greatly commend (see #4 sf for proof) and walker. but aside from that they havent been that good. and the lakers are the lakers lol. but the heat havent been a bad team they made the playoffs and have been a constant playoff time aside from the injury riddled season wade had. im not saying they are the best managed team in the nba but they shouldnt even receive a vote in this category. their are teams that are bad teams that arent when it comes to management.

justinnum1
08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Then why did you vote Bulls???

Who cares...this pole don't mean ****

Why did some bulls fans pick miami?

justinnum1
08-21-2010, 08:22 PM
it's worth more than the heat franchise. so. hush

I don't even know what that comment is supposed to mean so, ok.

Steelers23_06
08-21-2010, 08:30 PM

lol common man do you really wanna be like them? :eyebrow:

Steelers23_06
08-21-2010, 08:31 PM

justinnum1
08-21-2010, 08:36 PM

Yea, when i see a dumb pole, i give a dumb answer :laugh2:

LanceUpperCut
08-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Heat are not even close to the worst but you guys can't act like it was some mastermind plan, Bosh and Lebron went to Miami cause of the area and weather it could of been the Clippers management on the twolves roster and they would of gone thier as long as the three of them are together to find the easiest way to a ring.

justinnum1
08-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Heat are not even close to the worst but you guys can't act like it was some mastermind plan, Bosh and Lebron went to Miami cause of the area and weather it could of been the Clippers management on the twolves roster and they would of gone thier as long as the three of them are together to find the easiest way to a ring.

:facepalm: Bottom line miami is building a dynasty.:D

xbrackattackx
08-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Hornets or Raps.

Kashmir13579
08-21-2010, 09:10 PM
twolves. hands down.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2010, 09:11 PM
twolves. hands down.

please explain, so that I may reply

Hawkeye15
08-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Memphis for me. They have continually been cheap when holding onto talent. They drafted Thatbeet over a bunch of good players. They just paid Rudy Gay money that he doesn't deserve. Unless Heisley is willing to go over the cap at some point, he will have tough decisions on Mayo and Gasol's extensions.
This is only my subjective opinion. No need for Memphis fan's to get uppity, I will debate rationally if you wish

Steelers23_06
08-21-2010, 09:15 PM

lmao ahhh man you done unleashed the beast. i knew he would be coming around sooner or later to give you guys an earful about the twolves. i think it is too though because like someone said earlier its not the clippers fault they draft and sign good looking free agents but it just doesnt pan out thats not a gm's fault bc everytime they make an accusation i think its going to catapult them to a new level but it never works out the list is endless of the players they got that looked good at the beginning just didnt work out. the twolves dont makes good looking moves to me im sorry hawkeye you still my dog though.

thescore53
08-21-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't even know what that comment is supposed to mean so, ok.

u guys are looking down on everyone all of a sudden. i know u have ur team. but doesnt mean the heat cant recieve criticism. u say toronto is the worst management but we make more money than ur team and are worth more. so i think their managed well. after all this is a buisness and it's all about the benjamins

Hawkeye15
08-21-2010, 09:27 PM
lmao ahhh man you done unleashed the beast. i knew he would be coming around sooner or later to give you guys an earful about the twolves. i think it is too though because like someone said earlier its not the clippers fault they draft and sign good looking free agents but it just doesnt pan out thats not a gm's fault bc everytime they make an accusation i think its going to catapult them to a new level but it never works out the list is endless of the players they got that looked good at the beginning just didnt work out. the twolves dont makes good looking moves to me im sorry hawkeye you still my dog though.

I knew this thread would come around to me having to defend the Wolves. It was only a matter of time.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2010, 09:30 PM
And anyone responding to the Wolves management, please include only the last two years. I don't feel the need to defend McHale. Only modern. Easy to forget the Wolves were playoff dwellers for year upon year until McHale's 2005-2008 years...
Kahn regime only please.

thescore53
08-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I knew this thread would come around to me having to defend the Wolves. It was only a matter of time.

lol. and every thread i have to defend the raps.

97NYer
08-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Timberwolves.

thescore53
08-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Timberwolves.

elaborate.

What?
08-21-2010, 09:46 PM
like i said idc if ppl wanna hate let em hate. but i dont think the celtics have been that great recently (we all know of their stroied past.) aside from the big 3. before that remeber they were bottom dwellers. they made the playoffs a couple times before that but they werent contenders. they just had pierce who i greatly commend (see #4 sf for proof) and walker. but aside from that they havent been that good. and the lakers are the lakers lol. but the heat havent been a bad team they made the playoffs and have been a constant playoff time aside from the injury riddled season wade had. im not saying they are the best managed team in the nba but they shouldnt even receive a vote in this category. their are teams that are bad teams that arent when it comes to management.

In nearly 1/3 as many seasons as the Lakers and they have missed the playoffs nearly twice as many times as the lakers a long with 1 championship to there 16.

Celtics have 17 championships. You said that they have sucked recently but they have missed the playoffs just as many times as the heat in the last 10 years. To say that the Heat are even a 1/10 of a franchise of either of these two is laughable.

Take a look at this list

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings2010-Lakers

Heat at 14 obviously not the worst but far from the best. Obviously that going to change over the next few years but at this point unless that miami heat team wins 2-3 championships (possible but far from a guarantee) they aren't going to get ahead of Houston at 10 let alone touch the top 4

Rafer17
08-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Cant go wrong with the Clippers,Wolves,Knicks

Other teams that are pretty far up there - Raps,Warriors,Cavs

thescore53
08-21-2010, 10:01 PM
mlse the group who run the raptors are one of the best in the league

Jewelz0376
08-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Def the clippers...They probably have the worst owner in all of the major sports..

netsgiantsyanks
08-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Def the clippers...They probably have the worst owner in all of the major sports..

lol yeah, idk who these two guys are but they might help me get me some type of relevance in the nba, so lets sign em!!

Steelers23_06
08-21-2010, 10:19 PM
In nearly 1/3 as many seasons as the Lakers and they have missed the playoffs nearly twice as many times as the lakers a long with 1 championship to there 16.

Celtics have 17 championships. You said that they have sucked recently but they have missed the playoffs just as many times as the heat in the last 10 years. To say that the Heat are even a 1/10 of a franchise of either of these two is laughable.

Take a look at this list

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings2010-Lakers

Heat at 14 obviously not the worst but far from the best. Obviously that going to change over the next few years but at this point unless that miami heat team wins 2-3 championships (possible but far from a guarantee) they aren't going to get ahead of Houston at 10 let alone touch the top 4

ok and in the last 10 years they have won the same amount of finals so whats your point? man im not saying they arent a great franchise did you not read my post but before the big three they werent contenders whats your point and even when they made the playoffs you werent thinking of them winning the finals now were you? i live in mass even people out here werent thinking they were going to win and also within this 10 years they have had their worst season and loss and playoff loss in franchise history. by no means am i bashing the celtics they're my second favorite team but im just saying the heat are with those teams that shouldnt be in this conversation because both them and the celtics had 2 of the best offseasons in nba history, if not the 2 best.

Kashmir13579
08-21-2010, 10:38 PM

i don't understand their draft picks. pg after pg after pg. what are they doing with rubio? how do they know his trade value will get any higher and its obvious he never wanted to play for the t-wolves. they just signed darko for like 30 million dollars or something. do i really need to keep going. i was a fan of this team years ago with garnett, spreewell, cassell. but i don't see how they will get back to contention any time soon. i love johnny flynn and wes johnson but thats not enough 2 be relevant. maybe i'm wrong i'd love to see those two form a tandem. go ahead hawkeye, gimme your worst. put me to sleep with stats or something.:D

topdog
08-21-2010, 10:50 PM
i don't understand their draft picks. pg after pg after pg. what are they doing with rubio? how do they know his trade value will get any higher and its obvious he never wanted to play for the t-wolves. they just signed darko for like 30 million dollars or something. do i really need to keep going. i was a fan of this team years ago with garnett, spreewell, cassell. but i don't see how they will get back to contention any time soon. i love johnny flynn and wes johnson but thats not enough 2 be relevant. maybe i'm wrong i'd love to see those two form a tandem. go ahead hawkeye, gimme your worst. put me to sleep with stats or something.:D

I'm not Hawkeye but:

1. Who would you draft in a PG draft? Tyler Hansborough? Jordan Hill?
Don't let position confine you, trade talent available for talent you need.

2. Darko gets roughly 5M for 3 years, possibly 4. Those are Zaza Pachulia dollars. Big men cost more. Darko showed potential last year after Kahn and Rambis convinced him not to return to Europe. Verdict: worthwhile gamble

3. The 2010 wolves will feature a starting lineup of top 6 picks. We got 2 former #2 picks for literally nothing.

4. A "bottom dweller" franchise in a small market needs to take some risks and bet on potential. Will Rubio come? I don't see why not. Where would NOLA be without Chris Paul? A fringe allstar PF and... nobody. Sounds like the Wolves w/ Big Al. lol

Sixerlover
08-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Warriors have made the playoffs once in the last 17 years. Finally have a new owner but it has been the Warriors for the past while.

And that was as a 8th seed!

New owner now, but that old owner sure was terrible.

justinnum1
08-21-2010, 11:10 PM
I would love for someone who voted Miami to give there reasoning.

Kashmir13579
08-21-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not Hawkeye but:

1. Who would you draft in a PG draft? Tyler Hansborough? Jordan Hill?
Don't let position confine you, trade talent available for talent you need.

2. Darko gets roughly 5M for 3 years, possibly 4. Those are Zaza Pachulia dollars. Big men cost more. Darko showed potential last year after Kahn and Rambis convinced him not to return to Europe. Verdict: worthwhile gamble

3. The 2010 wolves will feature a starting lineup of top 6 picks. We got 2 former #2 picks for literally nothing.

4. A "bottom dweller" franchise in a small market needs to take some risks and bet on potential. Will Rubio come? I don't see why not. Where would NOLA be without Chris Paul? A fringe allstar PF and... nobody. Sounds like the Wolves w/ Big Al. lol

they passed on steph curry didnt they? thats not the point and its not just drafting. they sign point guards too. they have a weird obsession with PGs. i just have to disagree with you when it comes to darko, no way is he worth that money. and those two #2 picks you were talking about are busts either way you spin it. you dont give darko that kinda money. we'll see what beasley can do.... wes johnson and flynn really do have potential to be great but thats when the wolves will just trade them for draft picks and an expiring. In my eyes they are the washington nationals of basketball.

edit: you made a good point about them being bottom dwellars. i guess all they can do is load up on draft picks.

thescore53
08-21-2010, 11:48 PM
wow a raptors fan picked the raptors :facepalm:

icej
08-21-2010, 11:54 PM
the three people who picked the heat are either haters or just dumb

+10

Rego247
08-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I would love for someone who voted Miami to give there reasoning.

agreed.

but whats ur reasoning for picking the raptors. im curious.

icej
08-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Sorry but IMO the LAClippers and the Twolves are just new franchise compared to the Knicks with those infamous drastic decisions these past seasons, it almost predictable that there will still be a ton of those this season and the next.

Atownballa5
08-22-2010, 12:05 AM
9 people for heat?? if they were so bad lebron wade and bosh wouldnt be there

xM1GSx
08-22-2010, 12:06 AM
clip/twolves.

What?
08-22-2010, 12:54 AM
ok and in the last 10 years they have won the same amount of finals so whats your point? man im not saying they arent a great franchise did you not read my post but before the big three they werent contenders whats your point and even when they made the playoffs you werent thinking of them winning the finals now were you? i live in mass even people out here werent thinking they were going to win and also within this 10 years they have had their worst season and loss and playoff loss in franchise history. by no means am i bashing the celtics they're my second favorite team but im just saying the heat are with those teams that shouldnt be in this conversation because both them and the celtics had 2 of the best offseasons in nba history, if not the 2 best.

My point is that you can't even compare a franchise with 1 nba title to a franchise with 17. So what if a franchise has a few bad years all of them do but if the Heat are on Par with the Celtics because the Celtics had to rebuild then you can say just about 26 other teams are to.

I guess I'll put my position on the matter this way the Heat shouldn't be in the conversation of worst run franchise as much as they shouldn't be in conversation for best.

_KB24_
08-22-2010, 01:01 AM
The Clippers seem to have a curse and always destroy the career of their young prospects before it ever has a chance to blossom. The Knicks in the past 10 years have done absolutely **** and it's a disgrace to the mecca of basketball. T-wolves have made some questionable trades and draft picks these past 4 years. Hey, pick your poison out of a hat if you ask me.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 01:37 AM
they passed on steph curry didnt they? thats not the point and its not just drafting. they sign point guards too. they have a weird obsession with PGs. i just have to disagree with you when it comes to darko, no way is he worth that money. and those two #2 picks you were talking about are busts either way you spin it. you dont give darko that kinda money. we'll see what beasley can do.... wes johnson and flynn really do have potential to be great but thats when the wolves will just trade them for draft picks and an expiring. In my eyes they are the washington nationals of basketball.

edit: you made a good point about them being bottom dwellars. i guess all they can do is load up on draft picks.

Steph was passed on by numerous teams, did not work out for Minny, and was deemed by scouts a tweener.
What is the obsession with PG's you speak of? They carry 2.
Darko is a risk sign. Period. A former #2 pick that is 25 years old, and played with a small amount of potential over the last 30 games last season for us, despite being overweight. And for the contract at the money its worth, I could post 20 teams at the very least, who overpaid their C.
The Rubio situation has been talked about, and explained for a long time now. We own his rights. He was scared away from signing due to contract issues and media attention. And quite frankly, the Wolves were better off with him not coming right away. They had development that needed to happen.
Kahn has taken bloated deals, loss of picks, miniman roster flexibility, with mediocre players, and turned them into Wes, Beasley, Webster, Pekovic, Flynn, Darko, and he is the owner of Ricky Rubio. Love remains.

Sorry dude, but there is no way better days are NOT ahead for the Wolves with no deal over $5.6 million, with $18 million in cap space next summer, and 1st round picks.

Wolves management should surely get a grade of N/A, due to the high degree of uncertainty on how the youngens will mature. But rating a franchise that just rebuilt, and gained roster/trade flexibility, draft picks, and cap space out the yingyang, and has six top 6 picks on its roster, all under the age of 26, is not to be rated the worst management.

boriquaabe
08-22-2010, 02:27 AM
I think the Wolves are in good shape also. It was a good move hiring Rambis to bring in the triangle. Kahn just hasn't enough for us to see his whole vision yet. He needs more time. The thing I like about the triangle is you know what players fit and what players don't. On the other hand I think Curry would've been perfect for the triangle. Was Rambis the coach when they drafted Flynn? I don't think he was. What a shame.

But the answer is obviously the Clippers.

D.Rose#1
08-22-2010, 02:40 AM
clippers, raptors, twolves. all suck

Luke_K77bear
08-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Clippers, baron is always injured and they signed him for to long. they got good young pieces, but so does every other team.

bigsams50
08-22-2010, 03:20 AM
Clippers. How do you not know the players on your own team smh

Lloyd Christmas
08-22-2010, 03:23 AM
I voted for the clippers, but as a warriors fan it's hard to not say the warriors were the worst ran franchise over the last decade. The Knicks could also be brought up from when they had the highest payroll in the league while still finishing at the bottom of the standings.

Minimal
08-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Prolly Toronto.

eugene
08-22-2010, 04:16 AM
I'd say:
Knick
Warriors
76ers

Antipod
08-22-2010, 04:23 AM
LAC :)
..and Knicks 3rd??? C`mon ppl, this team isn`t run but Isiah anymore :facepalm:

Kashmir13579
08-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Steph was passed on by numerous teams, did not work out for Minny, and was deemed by scouts a tweener.
What is the obsession with PG's you speak of? They carry 2.
Darko is a risk sign. Period. A former #2 pick that is 25 years old, and played with a small amount of potential over the last 30 games last season for us, despite being overweight. And for the contract at the money its worth, I could post 20 teams at the very least, who overpaid their C.
The Rubio situation has been talked about, and explained for a long time now. We own his rights. He was scared away from signing due to contract issues and media attention. And quite frankly, the Wolves were better off with him not coming right away. They had development that needed to happen.
Kahn has taken bloated deals, loss of picks, miniman roster flexibility, with mediocre players, and turned them into Wes, Beasley, Webster, Pekovic, Flynn, Darko, and he is the owner of Ricky Rubio. Love remains.

Sorry dude, but there is no way better days are NOT ahead for the Wolves with no deal over $5.6 million, with $18 million in cap space next summer, and 1st round picks.

Wolves management should surely get a grade of N/A, due to the high degree of uncertainty on how the youngens will mature. But rating a franchise that just rebuilt, and gained roster/trade flexibility, draft picks, and cap space out the yingyang, and has six top 6 picks on its roster, all under the age of 26, is not to be rated the worst management.

we'll see how many wins you guys get this season with your 6 lottery picks, 2 of which being busts. also lets see how long (if at all) darko can perform. i have to admit, you have a lot of resilience to be able to even argue on the t-wolves favor. you must really love your team. you can turn lemons into lemonade all you want but the fact still remains, the worst team in the west and no end in sight; unless 6 youngins, 2 of which being darko and beasley can overachieve. doubtful. you will probably be better than the clippers if that means anything.

Kashmir13579
08-22-2010, 04:28 AM
LAC :)
..and Knicks 3rd??? C`mon ppl, this team isn`t run but Isiah anymore :facepalm:

time to show and prove.

jensbalboy
08-22-2010, 06:20 AM
The wolves are baddr then te Clips. The Clippers draft always good players

icej
08-22-2010, 06:46 AM
time to show and prove.

+10

Antipod
08-22-2010, 06:51 AM
time to show and prove.

YES, `cause if Knicks fail(aka no playoffs), then Donni and Mike are out

icej
08-22-2010, 07:01 AM

Then Isiah in? :confused:

Antipod
08-22-2010, 07:25 AM
^^^ With an owner like Dolan,maybe ... :facepalm::facepalm:

icej
08-22-2010, 07:42 AM
^ I hope your wrong, for the sake of the knicks. :)

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 10:09 AM
we'll see how many wins you guys get this season with your 6 lottery picks, 2 of which being busts. also lets see how long (if at all) darko can perform. i have to admit, you have a lot of resilience to be able to even argue on the t-wolves favor. you must really love your team. you can turn lemons into lemonade all you want but the fact still remains, the worst team in the west and no end in sight; unless 6 youngins, 2 of which being darko and beasley can overachieve. doubtful. you will probably be better than the clippers if that means anything.

I would expect a roster with an average age of contributing players to be 22 not to have a lot of wins this year.
Our new GM made it clear it would be painful for 2-3 years.

And sure, I love my team. But the main reason I stick up for them, is nobody ever brings a rational, knowledgeable debate to tell me why they are so poorly run, and are a joke.

And trust me, I am not expecting much from Darko, but take a gander at the salaries for crappy centers around the league. $5 million for 3 years for a player many thought was the next great thing coming out of Europe isn't the worst deal.

This season, Wolves fans would be elated with 25 wins.

todu82
08-22-2010, 10:14 AM
The Clippers

CUBDOM4life
08-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Heat

justinnum1
08-22-2010, 11:09 AM
agreed.

but whats ur reasoning for picking the raptors. im curious.

To be completely honest there are a few teams that can win this award, Toronto probably wouldn't be at the top, but they are up there.

justinnum1
08-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Heat

Great answer:facepalm:

mully
08-22-2010, 11:10 AM
It was hard to pick between the clippers and Twolves pick twolves. I do want to say as good as the mavericks are, I would consider picking them, cause Cuban tries to buy a championship each year. there is no chemistry and but I didn't vote for them cause nobody knows what the twolves are doing

Mane
08-22-2010, 11:11 AM
It just HAS to be the Twolves.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 11:13 AM
It just HAS to be the Twolves.

why?

mynameismo
08-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Timberwolves.. Who did they drafted? What did they get from that KG trade again? Where are those players now? ..Oh, converted to picks.. AGAIN.

cmellofan15
08-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Pistons

Niro
08-22-2010, 01:10 PM
how can some of you vote for teams like miami,orlando, bulls???
i voted clippers with the timberwolves and warriors right behind

OG "Dee" LOCc
08-22-2010, 01:56 PM
i voted heat cuz im a hater

u mad?

TheTakeOver24
08-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Gotta be the Wolves... it seems like they are trying their hardest not to win.

And lmao at people who voted Heat... I love it!

justinnum1
08-22-2010, 02:14 PM
i voted heat cuz im a hater

u mad?

not at all...the heat have Wade, lebron, and Bosh and our in the best position to win rings over the next decade...i'm pretty damn happy.:D

xbrackattackx
08-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Pistons were amazing now they are in a bad spell and not doing much about it, Signing Villa and Gordon were just not good moves. If They already has someone to take Rich then it would have but not have been bad to sign Gordon who is a top 20 SG. They Have Rich and Prince which are the Past on that team, Trying to play with the future stunting growth. They need to ship them out to contenders asap and try and get young talent and multiple picks even ship out Maxiell and Bynum also as deal sweeteners.

Philly Hammer
08-22-2010, 05:23 PM
T-wolves are just horrible

Kashmir13579
08-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I would expect a roster with an average age of contributing players to be 22 not to have a lot of wins this year.
Our new GM made it clear it would be painful for 2-3 years.

And sure, I love my team. But the main reason I stick up for them, is nobody ever brings a rational, knowledgeable debate to tell me why they are so poorly run, and are a joke.

And trust me, I am not expecting much from Darko, but take a gander at the salaries for crappy centers around the league. $5 million for 3 years for a player many thought was the next great thing coming out of Europe isn't the worst deal.

This season, Wolves fans would be elated with 25 wins.

i think its just the general consensus that the t-wolves are not going anywhere; anytime soon. and who knows, in 2-3 years its likely that if wes, and flynn become stars they will be traded. nobody looking for a illustrious career in the nba wants to play for the t-wolves; part of it is the weather, part of it is the city, and part of it is their non-commitment to winning. all they do is stock up on draft picks, draft point guards, and then trade them for more draft picks; it has become a cycle. they are rarely good, and even when they have a franchise player in their grasps they cannot keep them happy. if thats not a rational argument i don't know what is. a lot of people seem to agree. i'd think my last argument was more rational then this, but it seems that you are in denial so i thought i'd give a more down to earth response. you aint walkin' on water here, hawkeye.

Kashmir13579
08-22-2010, 06:05 PM

i think the knicks have been the worst run team for a while. with that said, over the passed 2 seasons donnie worked some magic and now we have cap flexibility, a pretty good team, and an allstar in amar'e. i'd be very surprised if we didn't make the playoffs. even if we are just a one and done i think all fellow knick fans would be more than appreciative after the last 10 or so seasons we've suffered through.

netsgiantsyanks
08-22-2010, 06:13 PM
the t-wolves come in a VERY close second, list of people they passed on in the 09 draft

stephen curry
terrence williams
brandon jennings

i mean, even a steph curry/brandon jennings 1-2 punch is better than jonny flynn and a player that'll probably never play for your team

Kashmir13579
08-22-2010, 06:25 PM
the t-wolves come in a VERY close second, list of people they passed on in the 09 draft

stephen curry
terrence williams
brandon jennings

i mean, even a steph curry/brandon jennings 1-2 punch is better than jonny flynn and a player that'll probably never play for your team

i dont think that them passing on curry or jennings is the deciding factor. as much as i love j-flynn they only picked him off hype from that 6OT game at the garden. if flynn didnt get picked by minni its probable that he would've fallen out of the lottery.

Kashmir13579
08-22-2010, 06:35 PM
hawkeye,

i'm a Mets fan, sometimes you just have to realize your team is poorly run and the absolute laughing stock of the rest of the league. it doesnt mean you can't still love/route for your team; its your team.

Tmath
08-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Raptors!

Why?

Baller1
08-22-2010, 08:39 PM
The T-Wolves, with the Clippers not far behind. Kahn is such a dumbass.

tbone2171
08-22-2010, 08:54 PM

Their backup pg was one of their best players? Obviously you don't know sh&t about the Twolves.

tbone2171
08-22-2010, 08:56 PM
T-wolves are just horrible

Says the 76ers fan... :facepalm:

King Drew
08-22-2010, 09:00 PM
It has to be the Clippers just based on the longevity of their suckiness. Minnesota and the Knicks are gaining on them. David Kahn (hope I spelled that right) is a ****** or something to that affect (anyone willing to commit anything more than the minimum to Darko is certifiable) and the only thing the Knicks have going for them is the cache of NYC. I don't think that I need to elaborate about L.A.'s other team.'

knicks got nothing going? do you know anything about them?

JWO35
08-22-2010, 09:12 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves, when KG left he took all the common sense with him...I mean you let your franchise player(KG) go for crap, and the only thing you get good in return is Al Jefferson and you let him go for what a 1st round pick(Which will most likely be a 20 something pick)?

From Giving Darko 5mil a yr and drafting a guy that will most likely never play with you...Yeah, it has to be the timberwolves.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 09:15 PM
i think its just the general consensus that the t-wolves are not going anywhere; anytime soon. and who knows, in 2-3 years its likely that if wes, and flynn become stars they will be traded. nobody looking for a illustrious career in the nba wants to play for the t-wolves; part of it is the weather, part of it is the city, and part of it is their non-commitment to winning. all they do is stock up on draft picks, draft point guards, and then trade them for more draft picks; it has become a cycle. they are rarely good, and even when they have a franchise player in their grasps they cannot keep them happy. if thats not a rational argument i don't know what is. a lot of people seem to agree. i'd think my last argument was more rational then this, but it seems that you are in denial so i thought i'd give a more down to earth response. you aint walkin' on water here, hawkeye.

while I don't agree with your vision of the Wolves, you at least have a decent understanding of the Wolves situation.
What does the walking on water comment mean??
And thank you for presenting a rational argument. While I can probably still retort back with responses that will make your points mute, its not worth the effort, because at the very least, I can tell you have a wait and see opinion on the Wolves

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-22-2010, 09:17 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves, when KG left he took all the common sense with him...I mean you let your franchise player(KG) go for crap, and the only thing you get good in return is Al Jefferson and you let him go for what a 1st round pick(Which will most likely be a 20 something pick)?

From Giving Darko 5mil a yr and drafting a guy that will most likely never play with you...Yeah, it has to be the timberwolves.

The pistons have been walking the fine line the last few years. And u can crown the Knicks for the past decade of being the worst run.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 09:17 PM
hawkeye,

i'm a Mets fan, sometimes you just have to realize your team is poorly run and the absolute laughing stock of the rest of the league. it doesnt mean you can't still love/route for your team; its your team.

but no team, with a new regime, needs to be judged as unfairly as Kahn has. He came onboard saying it would be a painful 3 years. He has turned the roster from a bunch of bloated deals, large contracts, and minimal picks, into the opposite. So there is no need to bash

YET

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-22-2010, 09:21 PM
but no team, with a new regime, needs to be judged as unfairly as Kahn has. He came onboard saying it would be a painful 3 years. He has turned the roster from a bunch of bloated deals, large contracts, and minimal picks, into the opposite. So there is no need to bash

YET

We made a deal ealier this summer. He has this year and next year to make a solid evaluation. I believe borderline playoff team is the goal 2 years from now..

swaddell13
08-22-2010, 09:33 PM
twolves for sure. they havnt done anything good since drafting kg

Hawkeye15
08-22-2010, 09:36 PM
twolves for sure. they havnt done anything good since drafting kg

totally. Cause trading for Cassell and Spree and getting the WCF was pathetic.

DCSportsIsPain
08-22-2010, 09:59 PM
totally. Cause trading for cassell and spree and getting the wcf was pathetic. One poor GM and suddenly the T-Wolves have caught the Clippers ... :D

Brooklyn Mets
08-22-2010, 10:55 PM
i picked clippers..
i expected twolves to be up there too but i didnt think the knicks would be that high..
i know the past decade has been terrible but new donnie walsh management has been a move in the right direction..

spreadeagle
08-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Glad too see the Heat up there seems like they couldn't get anything right this off season

topdog
08-22-2010, 11:25 PM

It's an ignorant argument. You should know some facts about a team before talking about them - good or bad.

First, any star who actually has balls would be fine playing on a crappy team and building a legacy turning them into contenders (this one is opinion but so is you're saying no one will play here/guys will leave).

Second, the Twin Cities are actually a very nice metropolitan area with plenty of urban hotspots mixed with scenic lakes and parks. Don't bash a city you don't know. Plus, the fans are true diehard fans who love their sports teams no matter how frustrating they can be. Oh, and Minneapolis always ranks towards the tops in the nation in education and test scores - just saying we have some intelligence to draw upon :o

Third, concensus doesn't mean ****.

Fourth, Taylor is an owner who's always been willing to spend to win. He paid for what? I think 8 straight years of playoffs and continued to spend to get them to the WCF.

Fifth, we didn't have picks for a long time - Stern's punishment for the epic fail of an illegal Joe Smith signing. That is part of the downfall after the WCF appearance - we had no one to take the reigns from the old men.

Sixth, we drafted PGs in one draft. Name me a true point we drafted before Rubio. And, AGAIN, who do you draft in a point heavy draft? Hill? Hansborough?

Seventh, what franchise player have we had besides Garnett? And we traded him away - he wanted to stay.

Eighth, I can count so there. Get "down to earth" with that.

IversonIsKrazy
08-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Gotta be the T'Wolves imo. Last year all they did was get PG's. This year all they got were SF's. Im guessing next year all they will go after are C's...

Clips are more cursed than bad-managed imo.

sargon21
08-23-2010, 12:35 AM
what have the warriors done to make them not receive a vote?

Knicks21
08-23-2010, 12:58 AM
im surprised with the kings result

abe_froman
08-23-2010, 01:42 AM
im surprised with the kings result

why??

John Walls Era
08-23-2010, 01:52 AM
The Heat?

O right, they got 3 of the best FAs this summer... how dare they!

vash9
08-23-2010, 01:59 AM
i say the Pistons because of the logjam they have of Rip, Tracey, Gordon, CV, and Prince.

Crackadalic
08-23-2010, 03:03 AM
I say pacers i mean where are they going in terms of the type of team there trying to build and they have no kind of direction larry bird better do some drastic changes so my knicks can go to war with them in the playoffs

GrandDaddyPurp
08-23-2010, 04:58 AM
There's teams listed that deserve at least a vote before others lol..

Kashmir13579
08-23-2010, 07:04 AM
It's an ignorant argument. You should know some facts about a team before talking about them - good or bad.

First, any star who actually has balls would be fine playing on a crappy team and building a legacy turning them into contenders (this one is opinion but so is you're saying no one will play here/guys will leave).

Second, the Twin Cities are actually a very nice metropolitan area with plenty of urban hotspots mixed with scenic lakes and parks. Don't bash a city you don't know. Plus, the fans are true diehard fans who love their sports teams no matter how frustrating they can be. Oh, and Minneapolis always ranks towards the tops in the nation in education and test scores - just saying we have some intelligence to draw upon :o

Third, concensus doesn't mean ****.

Fourth, Taylor is an owner who's always been willing to spend to win. He paid for what? I think 8 straight years of playoffs and continued to spend to get them to the WCF.

Fifth, we didn't have picks for a long time - Stern's punishment for the epic fail of an illegal Joe Smith signing. That is part of the downfall after the WCF appearance - we had no one to take the reigns from the old men.

Sixth, we drafted PGs in one draft. Name me a true point we drafted before Rubio. And, AGAIN, who do you draft in a point heavy draft? Hill? Hansborough?

Seventh, what franchise player have we had besides Garnett? And we traded him away - he wanted to stay.

Eighth, I can count so there. Get "down to earth" with that.

i'm glad you can count. garnett wanted to leave and he has said numerous times he regrets "wasting" his youth on the t-wolves. and AGAIN, its not just that draft you signed another PG this year and ramon sessions last year. its pointless. just because the public schools have good stats on tests doesnt mean its a good basketball city. actually, i have been to the twin citys and it was very nice. i for one enjoy the cold; being from new york. but it certainly is not as an attractive city as new york from a players standpoint, thats not even up for debate. garnett is gone and the WCF are gone.

Kashmir13579
08-23-2010, 07:35 AM

YET

my knicks went through something very similar. i can say that i wish nothing but the best for my two young studs outa CUSE and i'l leave it at that.

Steelers23_06
08-23-2010, 07:46 AM
i'm glad you can count. garnett wanted to leave and he has said numerous times he regrets "wasting" his youth on the t-wolves. and AGAIN, its not just that draft you signed another PG this year and ramon sessions last year. its pointless. just because the public schools have good stats on tests doesnt mean its a good basketball city. actually, i have been to the twin citys and it was very nice. i for one enjoy the cold; being from new york. but it certainly is not as an attractive city as new york from a players standpoint, thats not even up for debate. garnett is gone and the WCF are gone.

:clap: i couldnt have said it better myself

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 08:33 AM

he said it once, in reference to the James situation. He never once, not a single time, made a peep while playing for Minnesota that he wanted out. Quite the opposite actually.
And we signed another PG this season and sent Sessions off dude. With Flynn/Sessions in the triangle, we had zip shooting from our PG's. That needed to change. On top of that, getting a vet PG coming off a great year (though it was a spike, I don't expect him to repeat) to mentor Flynn and then Rubio next year, was also a priority

Hawkeye15
08-23-2010, 08:35 AM
you also didn't touch his argument about the franchise over the past 15 years, nor did you touch the argument about how you claim all we do is draft PG's, etc in a point guard heavy draft.

ink
08-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Please refrain from starting "worst of" threads about teams, players or fan bases. They never really go anywhere except into insult territory.