PDA

View Full Version : Basketball needs some more of this ASAP.

DKGiants
08-21-2010, 02:35 AM
the NBA needs to get the refs to loosen up on all the p**sy calls they give out nowadays especially some you see called on the All-Stars(Kobe, LBJ, etc) especially Kobe, its terrible. Basketball in the 90's was the best cuz you would get fights and no easy buckets. you drive the lane and you're going down hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82D7i_YRiME
Wish THIS fight would've been in the NBA with NBA players cuz if you had all this swinging it would make great TV. and dont give me that it looks bad for the NBA. no it doesnt. it only attracts viewers to watch more. especially if you get a lot of hard playing from the NBA and less fouls called. cuz the Refs are ruining the game slowlyyyyyy.

_KB24_
08-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Then don't watch. From the way you sound, you probably were in diapers in the 90's.

Spurred1
08-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Already a thread pretty similar to this topic.

asandhu23
08-21-2010, 02:53 AM
cool story, bro

HakeemTheDream
08-21-2010, 02:59 AM
I don't like all the pusy touch foul calls either. I think Stern did it to control physicality and encourage players to attack to basket to make the game more exciting but I think he's hurting the game more than helping it, we don't watch the NBA to see how players shoot free throws

Korman12
08-21-2010, 03:18 AM
You propose that there should be less "touchy" fouls, and then you say NBA players should punch each other more.

Those things have nothing to do with each other. There's no linear-line of logical connectivity between them. And yet you suggest that it would only draw fans, despite the fact that fights in the NBA do happen from time to time, and no one likes it.

Seriously, then don't watch, because nothing of what you're saying makes sense or is proven by past incidents. People didn't watch the NBA in the 90's because the guys punched each other, they liked Michael Jordan.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-21-2010, 04:21 AM
Watch MMA then

Bulls_fan90
08-21-2010, 04:55 AM
U mad?

JasonJohnHorn
08-21-2010, 07:49 AM
cool story, bro

Who is the hottie in your sig?

JasonJohnHorn
08-21-2010, 07:54 AM
I dont mind the calls themselves, just the consistency.
If you want to watch fighting, then watch UFC. I like watching basketball, so I watch the NBA.
I'm Canadian and I've had this same conversation with hockey fans, if you watch the Olympics, that brand of hockey is far more entertaining than the NHL, and nobody gets into fights there, its all about skill. In the NHL, some guys wouldnt even have a job if they didnt fight. Its sad.

There are sports for fighting: boxing, MMA, ect... Watch those if that is what you want to watch.

If you want to come up with a way to speed up the game because the 'refs are slowing it down', then do something like drop the 24 second clock to 20 seconds. But encouraging fighting is exactly what the NBA has been trying to get away from since the 70's. So if you like fighting/basketball, watch Classic Games for 70's games.

JordansBulls
08-21-2010, 08:48 AM
No need for attacking particular star players. If you want to critisize the entire league fine, but don't just call out certain stars.