PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Milwaukee Bucks sign Boykins

JordansBulls
08-20-2010, 01:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5477893

Bucks sign Earl Boykins

Free agent point guard Earl Boykins has signed a one-year, $1.3 million contract with the Milwaukee Bucks.

Agent Mark Termini said the 11-year veteran had offers from other teams but was comfortable with Milwaukee, one of nine teams the 5-foot-5 Boykins has played for previously. Boykins has averaged 9.3 points and 3.4 assists per game during his NBA career.

Last season, the 34-year-old fan favorite averaged 7.5 points and 2.9 assists in 42 games for the Washington Wizards.

Boykins will likely back up Brandon Jennings for the Bucks, who lost guard Luke Ridnour as a free agent to Minnesota this summer. Milwaukee also signed veteran Keyon Dooling.

Klivlend
08-20-2010, 01:16 PM
You gotta love this guy. I've been a fan since I watched him drop 27 on T-Mac as a member of the Nuggets on Nov. 14, 2003. He also had 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block.

cowboyz180
08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
he is very fun to watch!

still1ballin
08-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Nice

Hellcrooner
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
good signing, i like boykins.

THAT is being a warrior, being short in terms of AVERAGE height not only in NBa but in GENERAL and still being able to hit the leage.

ClayMatthews
08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Nice pick up. Bucks are the deepest team in the east.

Carey
08-20-2010, 01:52 PM
He'll never get alot of free agency attention because he's 5'5'' and more of scorer then distributor. Kinda hard to fit that into your team but he is always productive wherever he goes. Glad to see him catch on, nice signing by the Bucks.

Brooklyn Mets
08-20-2010, 01:56 PM
nice pickup.. Bucks are adding a lot of small pieces (no pun intended) to their team who made the playoffs last year.. theyre going to be a very dangerous team..

Chacarron
08-20-2010, 01:57 PM
They needed a backup C, Bogut might not be ready for the start of the season.

Iodine
08-20-2010, 02:02 PM

How so?

Anyway I would rather Dooling be the main backup PG

Antipod
08-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Jennings must be scared for his starting place :D:D

hgtiger32
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
How so?

Anyway I would rather Dooling be the main backup PG

Ill tell you how so

Brandon Jennings
Carlos Delfino
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Drew Gooden
Ersan Illyasova
Andrew Bogut
Corey Maggette
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
John Salmons
Larry Sanders-kid is gonna be a stud by the way

Not filled with lots of stars but a very deep team...Magic are the only other team i can think of that is deep

Iodine
08-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Ill tell you how so

Brandon Jennings
Carlos Delfino
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Drew Gooden
Ersan Illyasova
Andrew Bogut
Corey Maggette
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
John Salmons
Larry Sanders-kid is gonna be a stud by the way

Not filled with lots of stars but a very deep team...Magic are the only other team i can think of that is deep

No. Just no.

I like the bucks but thats not great

Hellcrooner
08-20-2010, 02:37 PM
depth means you have a GOOD starter and a good player frm the bench.

When your starter is Average the fact tha this reserve is averagoe too does not make you any better.

Bucks are up for a big dissapointment this eyar. Specially knowing Bogut is coming from an injry

whitemamba33
08-20-2010, 03:08 PM
I like to watch him play, but I doubt he'd be a valuable piece on the postseason.

Just my opinion.

zambo4president
08-20-2010, 03:20 PM

No. The Bulls are.

Kakaroach
08-20-2010, 03:20 PM
He's a great 3rd string PG, but not more than that. Fun to watch if anything. Good signing I guess.

sugarrayray
08-20-2010, 03:38 PM
No. Just no.

I like the bucks but thats not great

Great retort. You have failed to offer any argument and are stubbornly and ignorantly saying "just no".

They easily have the deepest team in the East. They are 3 deep at every position.

Corey Maggette is a bench player. He would start on most teams in the NBA.
Ersan Ilyasova is a bench player, he could start on a lot of teams.
Chris Douglas Roberts is a bench player. Some teams would start him as well.
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is a bench player. He's a defensive ace who has started a lot in the past.

Keyon Dooling, Larry Sanders, Jon Brockman, and Earl Boykins are all good backups.

Instead of weakly saying "just no", why don't you tell me one team that has a deeper bench.

A lineup of Keyon Dooling, Chis Douglas-Roberts, Corey Maggette, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, and Ersan Ilyasova is almost as good as the Pacers starting 5.

You can say what you want about the Bucks, but they play awesome defense. Now they have a lot of offensive weapons to support that defense, and Jennings is only getting better.

Have fun winning with whatever team you think is deeper.

xbrackattackx
08-20-2010, 04:12 PM
I agree Bucks are def one of the deepest east team. They signed a lot of role player stars and I think they are gonna reap big benefits from it. Bulls are pretty deep and so are the magic but Celtics are also.

Iodine
08-20-2010, 04:33 PM
They easily have the deepest team in the East. They are 3 deep at every position.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is a bench player. He's a defensive ace who has started a lot in the past.

Keyon Dooling, Larry Sanders, Jon Brockman, and Earl Boykins are all good backups.

Instead of weakly saying "just no", why don't you tell me one team that has a deeper bench.

A lineup of Keyon Dooling, Chis Douglas-Roberts, Corey Maggette, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, and Ersan Ilyasova is almost as good as the Pacers starting 5.

You can say what you want about the Bucks, but they play awesome defense. Now they have a lot of offensive weapons to support that defense, and Jennings is only getting better.

I was on my phone. :shrug:
thanks for giving me something to work with now!

@CDR: You do realize he averaged under 10ppg for the nyets last year? and started just 38 times? Name me 7 teams he would start on. He had an Orating of UNDER 100 at 98. thats horribly bad. and his EFG was under 46%

@ Ily: I like Ily but he shoots over 4.5 threes per game out of his almost 14 attempts. That's not what I want from my starting PF. not only did he shoot a bunch of threes he shot 70% Jumpers. Rasheed thinks thats too much

@ Luc: Great rebounder and defender. He also cannot create any kind of offense. he shot 32% on jumpers.......

@ Brockman: I like the kings. I like Brockman, but all he is a tough hustle player who won't get much time in big games.

Sanders could be a very solid player in the league, but I wouldnt expect much contributions this year.

Earl Boykins isnt that good of a PG at this point. Dooling is a tough nosed defender, but he isnt a PG by instincts.

And that lineup you pointed out if roflcake

I would take Collison, Jones/Rush , Granger, Hans****er, and Hibbert EASILY over that lineup you put

I LIKE THE BUCKS.
I Would take the Magic, Celtics (depending on how Daniels and Wafer produce), and (FML) Chicago over them in terms of depth though

So ill say it again, no, just no.

BOSTON617
08-20-2010, 04:48 PM
damn imagine hime and nate starting together lol

The Raven
08-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Nicely done. He's pretty excitin to watch so good for bucks i suppose

Kashmir13579
08-20-2010, 04:51 PM
what a small dude.

edit: he can bench over 350 pounds.

Kashmir13579
08-20-2010, 04:52 PM
damn imagine hime and nate starting together lol

i like this.

97NYer
08-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Great retort. You have failed to offer any argument and are stubbornly and ignorantly saying "just no".

No. Just no.

hgtiger32
08-20-2010, 08:08 PM
I was on my phone. :shrug:
thanks for giving me something to work with now!

@CDR: You do realize he averaged under 10ppg for the nyets last year? and started just 38 times? Name me 7 teams he would start on. He had an Orating of UNDER 100 at 98. thats horribly bad. and his EFG was under 46%

@ Ily: I like Ily but he shoots over 4.5 threes per game out of his almost 14 attempts. That's not what I want from my starting PF. not only did he shoot a bunch of threes he shot 70% Jumpers. Rasheed thinks thats too much

@ Luc: Great rebounder and defender. He also cannot create any kind of offense. he shot 32% on jumpers.......

@ Brockman: I like the kings. I like Brockman, but all he is a tough hustle player who won't get much time in big games.

Sanders could be a very solid player in the league, but I wouldnt expect much contributions this year.

Earl Boykins isnt that good of a PG at this point. Dooling is a tough nosed defender, but he isnt a PG by instincts.

And that lineup you pointed out if roflcake

I would take Collison, Jones/Rush , Granger, Hans****er, and Hibbert EASILY over that lineup you put

I LIKE THE BUCKS.
I Would take the Magic, Celtics (depending on how Daniels and Wafer produce), and (FML) Chicago over them in terms of depth though

So ill say it again, no, just no.

the Bucks aren't asking CDR to score 10+ points. He'll provide some scoring when needed and has lots of upside. If he averages 7 points I'll call that a good year.

But that's Illyasova's game. he shoots lots of 3's. He's a very poor mans dirk, is still young and raw and has almost 0 post game- imagine when he develops his post game even a little!

But Luc isn't a player who's going to score a lot. He's going to rebound and play good defense.
depends what u mean as far as contributing? he's going to be a guy who gets lots of rebounds and blocks shots. his offensive game is raw and is still working on that. im actually really excited about him, granted i know its summer league but if u watched him at all on NBATV this summer you saw how special he could be.

a Scott Skiles type of player.

The Bottom line is that the Bucks don't have one player who is going to score a lot and take most of their shots. Everyone will play their role whether it's scoring, rebounding, defending, passing, etc. and with that everyone will chip in some points.

heattiltheend94
08-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Thats a BIG signing :rimshot:

tredigs
08-20-2010, 08:29 PM
the Bucks aren't asking CDR to score 10+ points. He'll provide some scoring when needed and has lots of upside. If he averages 7 points I'll call that a good year.

But that's Illyasova's game. he shoots lots of 3's. He's a very poor mans dirk, is still young and raw and has almost 0 post game- imagine when he develops his post game even a little!

But Luc isn't a player who's going to score a lot. He's going to rebound and play good defense.
depends what u mean as far as contributing? he's going to be a guy who gets lots of rebounds and blocks shots. his offensive game is raw and is still working on that. im actually really excited about him, granted i know its summer league but if u watched him at all on NBATV this summer you saw how special he could be.

a Scott Skiles type of player.

The Bottom line is that the Bucks don't have one player who is going to score a lot and take most of their shots. Everyone will play their role whether it's scoring, rebounding, defending, passing, etc. and with that everyone will chip in some points.

I would generally back up IO and explain why CDR is not a starting caliber player (or even a solid backup, being that he is not a defensive stopper and has no perimeter game - i.e. he does literally nothing above par. Turning 24 next season leaves his upside at a minimum as well), but I am so impressed with your color coded response that I will have to leave it at that.

What makes you think Maggette won't start over Ilyasova, btw. Did Skiles say that? Wouldn't make sense.

I love lil' Boykins btw. Glad to see him and his 300+ pound bench press will still be getting some burn.

Iodine
08-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I would generally back up IO and explain why CDR is not a starting caliber player (or even a solid backup, being that he is not a defensive stopper and has no perimeter game - i.e. he does literally nothing above par), but I am so impressed with your color coded response that I will have to leave it at that.

I have told you I loved you recently right?

greg_ory_2005
08-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Earl is sooo funny to watch play. :laugh2:

streetballa
08-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Thats a BIG signing :rimshot:

aaayyyyooooo haha

but Boykins representing the Eastern Michigan Eagle Nation....at least we have one player still in the NBA, think he might be the only one of us to ever get there

JnasD
08-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Nice move. I think this is his second time playing for Milwaukee.

Khalifa21
08-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Great to see the little fella getting it done in the league. Good luck to him.