PDA

View Full Version : Moves you really wanted your team to make that they missed out on and vice versa

spreadeagle
08-20-2010, 12:24 PM
So most of us think we could be awesome GM's if given the chance BEING HONEST what are some moves "trades,draft picks,signings"you really wanted your team to make that they didn't but would have worked out great for your team,and on the flip side what are some moves you were pushing for that would have ended up sucking for your team..

Mine would be I was dying for Raptors to draft Roy Hibbert a few years back and they did!!! then they included him in the J.O trade.Oneil did nothing here and now Hibbert hes become a real nice player and we still dont have a center.Also I really wanted to draft Wade instead of Bosh that year in the draft, its not like Bosh was a bust,he was a great pick but Wade got Heat to a ring,ive always wonderd what if.On the flip side I really wanted Adam Morrison with our #1 pic..We took Bargnani hes not as good as Roy but Bargnani is a whole lot better then Morrison is, that pick would have killed us. I also really liked Sean May a few years back and thought he would be our rebounding savior...hes been out of shape and barely in the NBA.

J4KOP99
08-20-2010, 01:16 PM
I/Almost every other Lakers fan wanted the Lakers to get Garnett, Jason Kidd, Jermaine O'neal a few years ago.

This was all before they acquired Gasol and I'm so glad Mitch didn't give up anybody for those 3 names above.

We all wanted Garnett so badly and I'm very glad we didnt get him.

mikealike305
08-20-2010, 01:19 PM
i would of really liked if back in 05 we found some way of not having to lose odom but still have gotten shaq....
alsoooo.... i would of liked to keep D.Cook

JordansBulls
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
So most of us think we could be awesome GM's if given the chance BEING HONEST what are some moves "trades,draft picks,signings"you really wanted your team to make that they didn't but would have worked out great for your team,and on the flip side what are some moves you were pushing for that would have ended up sucking for your team..

Mine would be I was dying for Raptors to draft Roy Hibbert a few years back and they did!!! then they included him in the J.O trade.Oneil did nothing here and now Hibbert hes become a real nice player and we still dont have a center.Also I really wanted to draft Wade instead of Bosh that year in the draft, its not like Bosh was a bust,he was a great pick but Wade got Heat to a ring,ive always wonderd what if.On the flip side I really wanted Adam Morrison with our #1 pic..We took Bargnani hes not as good as Roy but Bargnani is a whole lot better then Morrison is, that pick would have killed us. I also really liked Sean May a few years back and thought he would be our rebounding savior...hes been out of shape and barely in the NBA.

Trading for Boozer last offseason to see if he would really help us.

Trading for Tmac last offseason and signing him this offseason.

Trading up in the 2003 draft to get Wade.

Lucky Junior
08-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I still think Orlando would've did that first overall pick, and a frustereated T-Mac for Shaq and a couple picks. I didn't expect Dwight to end up so good, but I also didn't expect T-Mac to end up so injuried, so it all kind of pans out. I just think Farmar, Kobe, T-Mac, Dwight, Bynum... could of been the line-up to beat for years to come. And because Bynum and Dwight were still on rookie deals we'd of been saving money.

I like what we did with a lot of the little stuff, but I really don't understand why we haven't went after any big names. Maybe I'm not loyal or whatever, but I think if Lebron wanted to be a sidekick, we should've packaged Ron and Lamar and made the deal with Cleveland. Carmelo, Paul, there's a few players I think we could get for way cheaper then what they should be worth right now. I was even considering re-signing a few players like Farmar and Morrison (am I the only that think he looks like a Chi-mo?), and sending them to Washington for Gilbert.

Before you say I'm crazy, think about it. We can afford him. And all we'd give up is some overpaid underachievers to get him (Morrison, Farmar, Luke, Sasha). With a reduced role, he could stay healthy... and if he doesnt, then in not too long we'd have a HUGE expiring contract that we could use to bring in another superstar (which we'll need when Kobe retires after 7 rings). Plus, he's from Cali. If any fanbase could forgive him for being an idiot, it's LA. Perfecto!