PDA

View Full Version : Do fans deserve the right to vote for anything?

Kingdre619
08-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I originally liked the idea of fan voting, but after this season im totally against it:

-TMAC GETTING 1MILLION votes for the all-star team

-Allen Iverson being the STARTER for the EC in the all star game

- and didn't fans vote count for MVP this year too?

do we really want to see an allstar game with a player who played what? 2 games with the rockets and recieve 1million votes?

did A.I even deserve to start much less make the team?

really?

why are fans allowed to vote? sure they pay to see the games but should they really pick the allstar starters?

this is my proposal:

AllStar starters are determined by a elite group of people, like the ones that decide MVP awards and such

once the starters are announced, the Coaches pick 5 reserves for each side

the fans get to vote for the 4 remaining spots from a list of candidates and who ever gets the most votes gets in

i mean what if fans were allowed to vote for everything, would tracy mcgrady have been MVP? i mean come on man!

fans should just be spectators, they should not determine anything, AT ALL

if they wanna determine things, let them pick the nba dunk contest contestants and winner, the fans aren't intelligent enough to vote for more important stuff

u know who i voted for in the allstar game: KENYON MARTIN, carmelo anthony, and any other nugget or suns player i could find

yea, u know y i voted for k-mart? yea he is my fav player, but i just wanted to see what would happen

bottom line, fans should not decide anything. what do you think?

PrettyBoyJ
08-19-2010, 04:01 PM
I think its fine the way it is.. Some fans have no knowledge of the game.. if fans could vote for awards and etc, Yao would have about 5 MVPs

Hawkeye15
08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
while its an imperfect system, fans should for sure control the All Star Game voting.

Kingdre619
08-19-2010, 04:16 PM
i think they should pick just 2 players for the allstar team and the nba must list the players they can choose

i dont want to see an allstar game with jerome james playing -_-

tcav701
08-19-2010, 04:22 PM
The all-star game is an exibition for the fans. Of course they should vote.

Hellcrooner
08-19-2010, 04:23 PM
No because 99 per cent either dont know enough or are too biased.

Journalists shouldnt vote either.

Player voting si how things shoudl be awarded.

In englnad the player o the year in soccer is picked with the votes of players in the leagel

WeBallin
08-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Fans are the ones who largely contribute to these ridicolus salaries now days i say the fans should control more IMO......

Kingdre619
08-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Fans are the ones who largely contribute to these ridicolus salaries now days i say the fans should control more IMO......
wow

so kevin durant would be a 10 time mvp in that situation

thawv
08-19-2010, 04:29 PM
The fans voting for the all star game use to be fine. But now that this beat off, for some reason or another, decided that a fan voted exhibition game would decide home field advantage, maybe they shouldn't vote any longer.

mikealike305
08-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I think all star games fans should vote for.... Everything that might be important they shouldnt