PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Jackson could be traded to Lions

NateyB24
08-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Heard it on 710 not to sad to see him go he wasn't very impressive at all. Although its funny all of our players wind up Lions...

W@rH@wk
08-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Yea it does seem a bit like the Lions have most of our old players.

slickintern
08-18-2010, 03:18 PM
lol @ this love affair with the lions, we trade with them allllll the time:rolleyes:

W@rH@wk
08-18-2010, 04:40 PM
It's official, he's been traded to the Lions for an undisclosed 2011 draft pick.

Boozerguy47
08-18-2010, 05:34 PM
I had completely forgot about this guy.

Seattle4Ever
08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Sad news... what kind of pick do you think we got?

bwobster
08-18-2010, 06:45 PM
They said it will probably be the same low round pick we gave up so probably 5th-7th rounder

FWBrodie
08-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Lo-Jack has been more productive than Balmer statistically speaking so I would assume the Seahawks got a better pick than a 6th.

NateyB24
08-18-2010, 07:12 PM
4-or 5th rounder would be a steal imo. Jackson is easy to block he doesn't really have a great move to get around blocks.

Cheflhale
08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
A fourth rounder would be awesome but I doubt it. How many former Seahawks are on the Lions now?

FWBrodie
08-18-2010, 07:28 PM
A) A fifth rounder would not be a steal.
B) It was a 6th rounder.
C) In theory they moved up in round 6.

coolkenny180
08-18-2010, 07:47 PM
A fourth rounder would be awesome but I doubt it. How many former Seahawks are on the Lions now?

Maurice Morris, Nate Burleson, Will Heller, Trevor Canfield, Rob Sims, Lawrence Jackson, Julian Peterson

Baller1
08-18-2010, 08:23 PM
I was really hoping Jackson would do something for us, but whatever. Don't really care that he's gone...

lionsareback
08-18-2010, 08:51 PM
the lions and seahawks are obiously good trading partners, and we got alotta former seahawks
will heller, julian peterson, sims, jackson, burelson, whos next? we'll give you peterson back for curry str8 up!

seahawks509
08-18-2010, 09:27 PM
So basically we traded Balmer for Lo-Jack. Kinda...

seahawks509
08-18-2010, 09:27 PM
the lions and seahawks are obiously good trading partners, and we got alotta former seahawks
will heller, julian peterson, sims, jackson, burelson, whos next? we'll give you peterson back for curry str8 up!

Add Suh.

House
08-18-2010, 10:20 PM
So basically we traded Balmer for Lo-Jack. Kinda...

And we moved up in the 6th rd. IMO, we'll do better than DET will!!!

seahawks509
08-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Hopefully.

Carroll is legite at scouting talent and bringing in what he needs, dumping what he doesn't. So im not concerned about this trade AT ALL. Well either trades infact.

NateyB24
08-19-2010, 12:54 AM
A) A fifth rounder would not be a steal.
B) It was a 6th rounder.
C) In theory they moved up in round 6.

Really? What has Jackson done the past 2 years that would make you think that?

FWBrodie
08-19-2010, 01:02 AM

Did Mo Mo leave Detroit?

FWBrodie
08-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Here's what happened: Tim Ruskell relied on the biggest names in college head coaching to do his scouting for him by only considering players in the draft from those schools. Carroll sold his player to the NFL because that's what head coaches do. I'd say Jackson still has a good chance to be a long-time contributer and even become a quality starter in the NFL as the DE position is traditionally among the slowest to develop, but he was a poor fit for Carroll's scheme and so he flipped him for a player at an equal point in his development who is a much better fit physically. I remember Pete going on the radio the first week he was hired and basically saying that he never believed Lo-Jack was worthy of a first round pick, so I'm not suprised.

FWBrodie
08-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Really? What has Jackson done the past 2 years that would make you think that?

A first round talent, two years of development under his belt, USC pedigree, floor as a very solid backup, does the little things well. That's way more valuable than any DE you can get in the 5th round. The contract is somewhat of an issue, but not that big of a deal because most of it isn't guaranteed. The Lions are not at all disappointed at the price they got.

MattColby
08-19-2010, 01:25 AM
A first round talent, two years of development under his belt, USC pedigree, floor as a very solid backup, does the little things well. That's way more valuable than any DE you can get in the 5th round. The contract is somewhat of an issue, but not that big of a deal because most of it isn't guaranteed. The Lions are not at all disappointed at the price they got.

This. I'm pretty disappointed in this move.

Fitzhawk
08-19-2010, 01:28 AM
I guess we didn't want two of the worst first round picks at the same time. we could only handle one.

NateyB24
08-19-2010, 02:12 AM

I don't know i saw us really not getting very much for him he only had 4 sacks last year. I would be more dissapointed if he had 8+ and we traded him for a 6th though.

I just don't think he has that elite move that alot of DE have that can get past a blocker so i don't really see it as a big loss.

seahawks509
08-19-2010, 01:40 PM
He's got the potential, and with the right coaches and players surrounding him he can suceed.

I have said this over and over, but it is hard for DE to get used to NFL play. It takes a couple years to develope. Probly a good reason for us to draft Earl Thomas instead of Derrick Morgan. We need a pass rusher more than a DB, but with Thomas amazing talent, and with the fact that it could take a couple years before Morgan can develope into an elite pass rusher. Plus I believe its ahrder to find a solid DE than a solid S.

Seattle4Ever
08-19-2010, 02:13 PM

Robert Mathis. NFL Draft: 2003 / Round: 5 / Pick: 138 In 2008, Mathis had his best statistical season posting 48 tackles, 11.5 sacks and 5 forced fumbles. He was also voted to the 2009 NFL Pro Bowl for the AFC behind fellow teammate and perennial Pro-Bowler Dwight Freeney.

:laugh: Yeah, you're right!

FWBrodie
08-19-2010, 02:18 PM
It's all about personel fitting the system. Jackson didn't fit the 3-4 (and make no mistake that's what they're running). The defense fails without a ballhawk that can cover, tackle well in run-support, and use speed to cover a lot of ground fast: Earl Thomas.

FWBrodie
08-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Robert Mathis. NFL Draft: 2003 / Round: 5 / Pick: 138 In 2008, Mathis had his best statistical season posting 48 tackles, 11.5 sacks and 5 forced fumbles. He was also voted to the 2009 NFL Pro Bowl for the AFC behind fellow teammate and perennial Pro-Bowler Dwight Freeney.

:laugh: Yeah, you're right!

Obviously I didn't say it's impossible for a DE drafted late in a draft to succeed did I. Irrelevant.

Seattle4Ever
08-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Obviously I didn't say it's impossible for a DE drafted late in a draft to succeed did I. Irrelevant.

Sarcasm.

Did you guys hear about LeGarrette Blount punching his teammate at the end of practice? Usually the media and society overreact about people like Dez Bryant and their "attitudes" but Blount really might have some problems. Glad we didn't pick him up late like everyone though we would.

FWBrodie
08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I mean, you need to be a thug to play like a thug.

You can hit someone at full speed leading with your helmet but you can't slap them in the helmet? It's whatever. I'm sure he's working on it.

NateyB24
08-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Sarcasm.

Did you guys hear about LeGarrette Blount punching his teammate at the end of practice? Usually the media and society overreact about people like Dez Bryant and their "attitudes" but Blount really might have some problems. Glad we didn't pick him up late like everyone though we would.

I wouldn't mind if he did it during practice if he does it gameday then you have a problem though.

Seattle4Ever
08-19-2010, 03:01 PM
I mean, you need to be a thug to play like a thug.

You can hit someone at full speed leading with your helmet but you can't slap them in the helmet? It's whatever. I'm sure he's working on it.

:laugh:

I don't know how hard the punch was, but still, it's your teammate. I guess it's a sign of competitiveness. We'll see.

Magic12ball
08-19-2010, 03:08 PM
:laugh:

I don't know how hard the punch was, but still, it's your teammate. I guess it's a sign of competitiveness. We'll see.

reports say that the defense kept ripping Blount's helmet off during and after plays. Eventually he got pissed and when somebody tried to rip his helmet off he punched him in the face. The guy had a helmet on so punching him in the face probably hurt Blount's hand more than the other guy tho...

Its TC. would be a non story if it wasnt Blount.

det32
08-19-2010, 11:56 PM
A) In theory they moved up in round 6.

the lions had 2 6th.. ours and the eagles... donno with you got yet.. but i see det and sea being around pick 10.. and phil around pick 15.. so didnt realy move much counsidering it is the 6th

seahawks509
08-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Fisher didn't have a problem with Blount punchign his teamate. If you have seen Hardnocks with the Jets, Rex Ryan wanted to see Gholston get ina fight, to show somethings there and maybe unleash something special. Maybe Fisher is doing the same.

Seattle4Ever
08-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Now that I hear the reports, I really don't blame Blount. I liked him coming out of college.

NOW I think we should have grabbed him, lol.

ElFuturoDeESPN
08-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Kinda bummed that Lo-Jack never panned out but meh. One of those low risk things getting rid of him essentially for Balmer.