PDA

View Full Version : Melo reportedly tells Isiah Thomas that he will sign with Knicks.

RDBK514
08-18-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/08/17/2010-08-17_carmelo_anthony_reportedly_will_not_sign_extens ion_with_nuggets_prefers_new_york.html

Don't know if its been posted already, just trying to report, if it has been then please delete this.

RDBK514
08-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Just reported on ESPN also

Brooklyn Mets
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
until i hear Melo say it, hopefully not on an hour long television special, im not holding my breath..

but i will be crossing my fingers haha

ManRam
08-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I find it funny how no one seems to have an issue with Melo openly talking about wanting to leave his team, even talking about where he wants to sign. I also had problems with what Paul was doing too. Funny how they don't get any crap at all. Imagine if LeBron had did this :faint:

He clearly doesn't have his head in the right spot right now, has basically abandoned his team and brought up issues that really shouldn't be brought up until after the season/after his contract is up.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-18-2010, 11:52 AM
He will get traded before then...

The Miami Cheat
08-18-2010, 11:53 AM
i wont believe it till i see him holding up the knicks jersey at a press conference, knicks gotta put together a good package

beasted86
08-18-2010, 11:54 AM
He will get traded before then...

Ms. Cleo, tell me more...

yanks19791024
08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
If he was smart he would do everyting in his power to go the Magic along with CP3, and Im a knick fan

netsgiantsyanks
08-18-2010, 11:58 AM
until i hear it come out of carmelo anthony's mouth, i dont believe it simple as that

effen5
08-18-2010, 11:58 AM
God here we go again! Here comes the speculations fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Jetsguy
08-18-2010, 11:59 AM
I find it funny how no one seems to have an issue with Melo openly talking about wanting to leave his team, even talking about where he wants to sign. I also had problems with what Paul was doing too. Funny how they don't get any crap at all. Imagine if LeBron had did this :faint:

He clearly doesn't have his head in the right spot right now, has basically abandoned his team and brought up issues that really shouldn't be brought up until after the season/after his contract is up.

As Knick fan I agree, in a system designed to help the owners it seems as if the players have all the power. As happy as I would be to see him in a Knick uniform how long until he is unhappy and doing the same thing?

Sandman
08-18-2010, 12:00 PM

there are still some huge differences between the two.

Carmelo isn't from Denver (rumors actually have him going home to NY)
The Nuggets haven't had the best record in the league the passed two seasons
The Nuggets haven't offered Carmelo Anthony a max contract

Anything about Wade, Bosh, the Heat, the Decision, etc.. were all just after the fact, and all the glitz and glamour and attention helped those with a sour taste in their mouth hate him more.

Orlando offered Shaq a BS contract before he left too. If the Nugs are serious, where's the 6 year offer? Whether or not it would make a difference remains to be seen, but seriously, where is it?

ecorrea
08-18-2010, 12:00 PM

manram there are a lot of quotes ive just kinda not wanted to get further into with you. but this is a horrible attempt of defending lebron and his "decision" once again.

if i were a nuggets fan i would much appreciate what melo is doing. he is being honest up front and right away. i hope he continues down this path, this way denver might actually net a couple assets out of this instead of him just walking next yr.

wait, maybe a better idea is for carmelo to tone all this down, give the implication to denver that he might actually sign with them, wait til after the season ends, string along 3-4 other teams, make everyone wait a couple weeks for added suspense, and then on national television host a show so we can all find out where he wants to go???!!!

:facepalm:

Sandman
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
It's too easy for the media to sell a player coming home, too. Esp. in NY.

nuggetsyankees
08-18-2010, 12:03 PM
nothing's happening till the trade deadline

masalex1205
08-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Jeez, I hope we don't have another Lebron/Free Agency Summer of 2010 with Melo/Free Agency Summer of 2011

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah and Chauncey said he's 100% hopeful in Melos decision.....So he telling Isiah something and telling Billups something....Either someones lying or Melo has personality disorder.

oak2455
08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
He'll be a Knick tonight:rolleyes:

ManRam
08-18-2010, 12:14 PM
manram there are a lot of quotes ive just kinda not wanted to get further into with you. but this is a horrible attempt of defending lebron and his "decision" once again.

if i were a nuggets fan i would much appreciate what melo is doing. he is being honest up front and right away. i hope he continues down this path, this way denver might actually net a couple assets out of this instead of him just walking next yr.

wait, maybe a better idea is for carmelo to tone all this down, give the implication to denver that he might actually sign with them, wait til after the season ends, string along 3-4 other teams, make everyone wait a couple weeks for added suspense, and then on national television host a show so we can all find out where he wants to go???!!!

:facepalm:

I'm not defending LeBron. What he did, in the sense that he had The Decision was bad. But he didn't make any demands while under contract. He didn't ever mention leaving really until the off-season. He never brought attention to him leaving, UNTIL he did (and he did it in a ****** way), but at least he never brought the attention to him at a bad time.

Demanding a trade is infinitely worse than leaving a team after your contract ran out. He owed nothing to Cleveland. He was a FREE agent, and he decided to leave- something almost every player will do during their career.

What Anthony is doing now disgusts me...almost as much as what LeBron did (and don't get it twisted, what he did was disgusting, it just wasn't as disgusting as people make it out to be). He clearly doesn't give two ***** about his team now. He clearly isn't looking towards this upcoming season. He's opening his mouth while under contract and while he has an obligation to his team...a contractual one.

If you were a Nuggets fan you APPRECIATE what he's doing? Are you kidding? He's bailing on his team. LeBron bailed on his team...AFTER he became a free agent and had EVERY SINGLE RIGHT TO. Huge difference here. Huge.

And I legitimately believe LeBron had no idea what he was going to do until a week or so before he decided. So faulting him for not talking about leaving earlier, and while he was under contract is hilarious.

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 12:16 PM
What Anthony is doing now disgusts me...almost as much as what LeBron did (and don't get it twisted, what he did was disgusting, it just wasn't as disgusting as people make it out to be). He clearly doesn't give two ***** about his team now. He clearly isn't looking towards this upcoming season. He's opening his mouth while under contract and while he has an obligation to his team...a contractual one.

If you were a Nuggets fan you APPRECIATE what he's doing? Are you kidding? He's bailing on his team. LeBron bailed on his team...AFTER he became a free agent and had EVERY SINGLE RIGHT TO. Huge difference here. Huge.

Thats the thing, Anthony isn't doing nothing that should disgust you!!!!...It's all media media media media...He hasn't opened his mouth about anything pertaining to leaving...It's just deluded Knicks fans and media.

Don Starks
08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
dont believe a word Isiah Thomas says. He is just trying to rebuild his image in the NBA. He also said that he was responsible for Amare coming to NY, like it had nothing to do with the 100 mill the knicks paid him.

beasted86
08-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Thats the thing, Anthony isn't doing nothing that should disgust you!!!!...It's all media media media media...He hasn't opened his mouth about anything pertaining to leaving...It's just deluded Knicks fans and media.

:clap:

Somebody finally gets it.

Kobe made trade demands, Shaq made trade demands, Vince Carter made trade demands, Stephen Jackson made trade demands, Al Harrington made trade demands...

See where the trend leads? All these players openly talked about wanting to get traded to the media. If a player wants to be traded, no need to hide behind speculation.

All this Chris Paul, and now Carmelo Anthony stuff is all speculation until they come out and actually say they want to be traded.

hgtiger32
08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
If he was smart he would do everyting in his power to go the Magic along with CP3, and Im a knick fan

????? i don't think they have the money to sign him...but CP3, Anthony, and Howard would be pretty good tho...

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 12:28 PM

I have a huge problem with Melo and CP3 demanding trades at such an early age. Both guys are 26 and under and want out.

ManRam
08-18-2010, 12:29 PM

But he has opened his mouth. He said it at the wedding. He's been telling friends. He's been telling family. Blame the media (but don't blame it for LeBron one bit...odd) all you want, but he's not doing a good job of being mum. Telling Isiah is not being quiet about it. That's not the media's fault: it's his! He has to know better.

The media has perpetuated everything in LeBron's case too. The only reason he could do The Decision (again, something Jim Gray himself said LeBron never wanted to do) was because of the media. LeBron didn't do a single thing before that to garner a single bit of media attention. He never said a thing during the season. He was politically correct after the season. He sat down with all the teams face-to-face and gave them their due time. He never tweeted about it. He didn't go on to any news site or station before hand. He was as quiet as humanly possible.

The Decision is the ONLY thing you can fault LeBron for IMO.

I stand by it. Melo being so open about everything (he made a toast at a wedding about playing in New York - that's being open), while still under contract, and not doing anything to dodge the suspicions makes me unsteady. I think Denver HAS TO trade him now. He doesn't have his head in Denver. It's painfully obvious he's given up too.

DMasta718
08-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't trust Isiah Thomas. I'll still wait until there is a Knick press conference with Carmello there.

scutch11
08-18-2010, 12:39 PM

how are we deluded when almost every outlet has started reporting stories such as this one?? even cbs reported it.

i understand if youre upset, but if you actually look at the majority of knicks posters MOST are saying that he wont be traded

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 12:40 PM
But he has opened his mouth. He said it at the wedding. He's been telling friends. He's been telling family. Blame the media (but don't blame it for LeBron one bit...odd) all you want, but he's not doing a good job of being mum.

The media has perpetuated everything in LeBron's case too. The only reason he could do The Decision (again, something Jim Gray himself said LeBron never wanted to do) was because of the media. LeBron didn't do a single thing before that to garner a single bit of media attention. He never said a thing during the season. He was politically correct after the season. He sat down with all the teams face-to-face and gave them their due time. He never tweeted about it. He didn't go on to any news site or station before hand. He was as quiet as humanly possible.

The Decision is the ONLY thing you can fault LeBron for IMO.

I stand by it. Melo being so open about everything (he made a toast at a wedding about playing in New York - that's being open), while still under contract, and not doing anything to dodge the suspicions makes me unsteady. I think Denver HAS TO trade him now. He doesn't have his head in Denver. It's painfully obvious he's given up too.

SMH....Let me quote everything Melo has said...

Nah, he said. I was just talking to the media. They asked me How does it feel to play in The Garden? And I said Anybody would love to play in Madison Square Garden. Thats all I said.

Im still under contract here, Anthony said. I cant think that far ahead. Im just focused on this season and next season. I dont know what is going to happen in two years. Ive been here seven years. I live here. Its my home. My home away from home. Like I said, in two years, I cant predict that what going to happen.

Im a Denver Nugget, man, he said. Im here, Im with the Nuggets.

And there's probably more he has said, but i'm too lazy to find everything....Sorry, but I don't see the painfully "obvious" observation you seem to acquaint.

D Roses Bulls
08-18-2010, 12:43 PM

It's not a violation because Thomas doesn't work for the knicks or the NBA. I mean werent you one of the people saying that the whole meeting with wade, lebron, and bosh over the summer wasn't bad? and saying we were making too big of a deal out of it and now saying your surprised no one is saying anything about melo. it's pretty much the same thing. thomas isnt under contract with any NBA team, that's like telling a friend your going somewhere else. no big deal really unless thomas works for the knicks or the NBA

ManRam
08-18-2010, 12:44 PM

And there's probably more he has said, but i'm too lazy to find everything....Sorry, but I don't see the painfully "obvious" observation you seem to acquaint.

That quote was from what, three months ago?

He did mention it at the wedding. He did supposedly tell Isiah. I've read countless articles saying that he "has done nothing to quell the rumors". If multiple sources have said that he has a list, there's not doubt he's been talking about it. The Nuggets are aware of it; it's been reported by everyone that they want to part ways sooner rather than later. Everyone is saying that he's gone. You don't get a consensus unless it's painfully obvious.

He's doing nothing to quell the rumors. Nothing at all. A quote from April doesn't convince me otherwise.

Read this http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23943102

LebronDouche
08-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Nope. You aren't :facepalm:

beasted86
08-18-2010, 12:47 PM

I wish more people understood the power of a "quote".

Even if Carmelo told Isiah Thomas he wanted to sign with the Knicks, I want that damn quote from Isiah Thomas with the exact quote of him telling the New York Daily News.

The way the media reports really annoys me most of the time. I don't have any problem believing a direct quote from anybody credible. It's these "sources" that are the real kicker.

Sandman
08-18-2010, 12:47 PM
I have a huge problem with Melo and CP3 demanding trades at such an early age. Both guys are 26 and under and want out.

I think it's because they see the super teams forming elsewhere. They both had their teams in the WCF in back to back years but see a mountain in the way to get back to that point.

IDK though, still, because there's been nothing from the players, just behind the scenes BS.

They could just be making noise to say "i want to win, go get me the players."

When LeBron/Bosh/Wade signed the 3 year/4th option deals, analysts were saying it was so that they could leverage their teams to build teams around them. In the end Riley's cap space ended up creating too much leverage to stay on their own teams.

These guys could just be posturing to make their GM's active, but you never know.

bleedprple&gold
08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
If he really is intent on going to the Knicks, then no other team is gonna wanna trade for him for a one-year rental and have him leave in free agency. The Nuggets may be forced to trade him to NY or have him leave for nothing in return. The Nugs have no bargaining power right now...

ManRam
08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
It's not a violation because Thomas doesn't work for the knicks or the NBA. I mean werent you one of the people saying that the whole meeting with wade, lebron, and bosh over the summer wasn't bad? and saying we were making too big of a deal out of it and now saying your surprised no one is saying anything about melo. it's pretty much the same thing. thomas isnt under contract with any NBA team, that's like telling a friend your going somewhere else. no big deal really unless thomas works for the knicks or the NBA

I never said it was a violation. I just said it's disrespectful to his team to be discussing things like this under contract. He's told friends, family, media, Isiah, wedding goers etc. He wants to go, and it's obvious. The fact that the media is under storm means that something is up.

And no, I had no problem with "The Summit". They were free agents. It's as simple as that.

Explain to me how this is the same thing. Under contract does not equal not under contract.

Sandman
The way the media reports really annoys me most of the time. I don't have any problem believing a direct quote from anybody credible. It's these "sources" that are the real kicker.

yup, they can attach "unnamed source" to a line and say whatever they want.

D Roses Bulls

agreed...... take chris paul for example. seems hes pretty happy now a days

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
That quote was from what, three months ago?

He did mention it at the wedding. He did supposedly tell Isiah. I've read countless articles saying that he "has done nothing to quell the rumors". If multiple sources have said that he has a list, there's not doubt he's been talking about it. The Nuggets are aware of it; it's been reported by everyone that they want to part ways sooner rather than later. Everyone is saying that he's gone. You don't get a consensus unless it's painfully obvious.

He's doing nothing to quell the rumors. Nothing at all. A quote from April doesn't convince me otherwise.

The last quote was from saturday....He's called these sources "unbelievable", and show me where Melo mentioned something about it at his wedding???? From what I remember, CP3 was the one bringing it up in the toast not Melo...And yeah he told Isiah something, but he also told Billups something...And what did Billups say??

"I'm 100 percent hopeful," Billups said after Team USA's practice at the Knicks practice facility in Westchester County. "It's between me and my guy. If y'all have a close personal friend and they're going through something and the media asks, you're not going to expose that. Y'all find out when he wants y'all to know."

So yeah, He telliong Isiah one thing, and Billups another....So Melo either has a identity crisis or someones lying.

ANd 3 months or not...Melos word is better then any "outlet source".

nycsports2
08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
id love it but well c... screw isiah

D Roses Bulls
I never said it was a violation. I just said it's disrespectful to his team to be discussing things like this under contract. He's told friends, family, media, Isiah, wedding goers etc. He wants to go, and it's obvious. The fact that the media is under storm means that something is up.

And no, I had no problem with "The Summit". They were free agents. It's as simple as that.

Explain to me how this is the same thing. Under contract does not equal not under contract.

I never said you said it was a violation. I was just telling you it isn't a violation what he is doing by talking to thomas. it's the same thing cause no matter what, who he is talking to does not work in the NBA and it's not like he is talking to the media about it either. it has nothing to do with being under contract or not, what he is doing is legal. he is not breaking any rules.

still1ballin

Maybe because Melo is telling it straight out to the media instead of doing a one hour special?

D Roses Bulls
08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
The last quote was from saturday....He's called these sources "unbelievable", and show me where Melo mentioned something about it at his wedding???? From what I remember, CP3 was the one bringing it up in the toast not Melo...And yeah he told Isiah something, but he also told Billups something...And what did Billups say??

So yeah, He telliong Isiah one thing, and Billups another....So Melo either has a identity crisis or someones lying.

ANd 3 months or not...Melos word is better then any "outlet source".

your right, melo didnt say anything. it was cp3 and amare actually talking about it. melo stayed quiet the the whole time.

kntresistheheat
08-18-2010, 12:57 PM
there are still some huge differences between the two.

Carmelo isn't from Denver (rumors actually have him going home to NY)
The Nuggets haven't had the best record in the league the passed two seasons
The Nuggets haven't offered Carmelo Anthony a max contract

Anything about Wade, Bosh, the Heat, the Decision, etc.. were all just after the fact, and all the glitz and glamour and attention helped those with a sour taste in their mouth hate him more.

Orlando offered Shaq a BS contract before he left too. If the Nugs are serious, where's the 6 year offer? Whether or not it would make a difference remains to be seen, but seriously, where is it?

There is a huge difference, Lebron did it when he was a free agent' key word FREE agent. Carmelo is doing it under contract and might not get his wish after the season? So, he is causing distraction for the team. I bet he would not asked for a trade or would want to sign with the Knicks if amare wasn't their?

still1ballin
08-18-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm not defending LeBron. What he did, in the sense that he had The Decision was bad. But he didn't make any demands while under contract. He didn't ever mention leaving really until the off-season. He never brought attention to him leaving, UNTIL he did (and he did it in a ****** way), but at least he never brought the attention to him at a bad time.

Demanding a trade is infinitely worse than leaving a team after your contract ran out. He owed nothing to Cleveland. He was a FREE agent, and he decided to leave- something almost every player will do during their career.

And I legitimately believe LeBron had no idea what he was going to do until a week or so before he decided. So faulting him for not talking about leaving earlier, and while he was under contract is hilarious.

Why would any player demand a trade when you are winning 60+ seasons?:confused:

IMO I see players like Melo going to the east for one goal and one goal only, to win a championship. It is a much easier path to get to the finals in the East than it is in the West with the Lakers being there. I would love Melo go to NY for two reasons:

1. It can give trouble to the Miami Heat
2. Eliminated another contending team out in the West, making it that much easier for the Lakers.

Wade>You
08-18-2010, 12:58 PM

He clearly doesn't have his head in the right spot right now, has basically abandoned his team and brought up issues that really shouldn't be brought up until after the season/after his contract is up.:clap: thank you for saying it!

D Roses Bulls
08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
There is a huge difference, Lebron did it when he was a free agent' key word FREE agent. Carmelo is doing it under contract and might not get his wish after the season? So, he is causing distraction for the team. I bet he would not asked for a trade or would want to sign with the Knicks if amare wasn't their?

melo isnt BREAKING ANY RULES!!! he's not talking about it with the media, and he is not talking about it with anyone in the NBA or that works for the NBA or the teams. it came from a sources mouth, not from melo directly.

scutch11
08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
don the nuggets not have a gm right now??? how would they even negotiate a trade at this point in time?

D Roses Bulls
08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I find it really funny how we are talking about Melo and people wanna compare him to lebron james and turn this into that kind of thread. come on seriously. what melo is doing is completely legal some of you guys need to learn the rules before you talk crap about a situation you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

beasted86
08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Why would any player demand a trade when you are winning 60+ seasons?:confused:

IMO I see players like Melo going to the east for one goal and one goal only, to win a championship. It is a much easier path to get to the finals in the East than it is in the West with the Lakers being there. I would love Melo go to NY for two reasons:

1. It can give trouble to the Miami Heat
2. Eliminated another contending team out in the West, making it that much easier for the Lakers.

I'm just going to openly say it... Carmelo on the Knicks is less of a contender than Carmelo on the Nuggets.... ESPECIALLY if they trade pieces to get him.

You know this already... so I don't know where you are going with this above comment. You are a known Heat hater anyway. Whateva playa. :cool:

cmellofan15
08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
:laugh:

Isiah Thomas is the first person I'd tell too.

wait...what happened to his trade wishlist?

D Roses Bulls
08-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm just going to openly say it... Carmelo on the Knicks is less of a contender than Carmelo on the Nuggets.... ESPECIALLY if they trade pieces to get him.

You know this already... so I don't know where you are going with this above comment.

i would agree with this. i honestly think melo should try and play for the magic. i think that would be a better situation for him.

jrm2054
08-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Carmelo has all the cards in his hand the nuggets will be forced to take a offer from the knicks. Melo wants to go there and the nuggets wont be able to get him traded anywhere else because he will just leave at season's end anyway.

shep33
08-18-2010, 01:10 PM

Yeah, this is getting bad I agree with you. I like Melo, but I've also thought that he's a guy that'd leave for more fame in a city with bright lights. Because I don't think he's leaving due to a better chance to win. Even if you put him on the Knicks right now, they still wouldn't be the favs in the east. He's also leaving a Nuggets team that is very good, they finished 4th out west, with 50 some wins, but mind you started to underperform when George Karl was out for treatment.

The only thing that he's doing better than Lebron is that he's giving them notice, maybe not in the best way, but atleast the Nuggets can devise some sort of plan on what they want to do longterm. If they trade him, they won't get equal value, but they can get some nice pieces like Randolph, Gallinari and Chandler, or to Orlando for Carter's expiring, Pietrus, Bass/Gortat, etc. So they do have some options atleast.

kntresistheheat
08-18-2010, 01:10 PM
melo isnt BREAKING ANY RULES!!! he's not talking about it with the media, and he is not talking about it with anyone in the NBA or that works for the NBA or the teams. it came from a sources mouth, not from melo directly.

So why compare him to lebron??? Obviously he is wanting to go right?? So you are saying if melo goes to NY he had nothing to do with it and the nuggets couldn't wait to get rid of him? I am just trying to understand what's the difference from lebron and melo, why so much hate for lebron and not melo? The only thing you can say is the one hour special, which I agree "over the top"

Kakaroach
08-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't think its tampering because Thomas isn't in employment with the Knicks correct?

SurGiiCaL
08-18-2010, 01:17 PM
CP3 angermanagment time :d

kntresistheheat
08-18-2010, 01:19 PM
I can hear Barkley now, Carmelo is a punk...lol! No wait, he didn't dance on stage and didn't do a hour special. He just quit on his team and demand a trade and left the nuggets with no options to rebuild. He had to do what he had to do! Lebron is still a punk" lol:rolleyes:

Weezy
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't think its tampering because Thomas isn't in employment with the Knicks correct?

Correct he is not after talking to Stern and Knicks management that he can not be part of Knicks and with NCAA.

But this little "rumor" might be from a couple of weeks ago .. who knows? :shrug:

jrm2054
08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
I can hear Barkley now, Carmelo is a punk...lol! No wait, he didn't dance on stage and didn't do a hour special. He just quit on his team and demand a trade and left the nuggets with no options to rebuild. He had to do what he had to do! Lebron is still a punk" lol:rolleyes:
Well lebron started this whole super team thing and everyone else wants to try it now. and lebron was a bigger deal to me bc he left his hometown (even though now he says he never liked cleveland bc the kids bullied the akron kids) So lebron is a punk for sdtarting this abandon your team attitude to go win. Melo CP3 are just followers not punks lol.

yanks19791024
08-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Nope. You aren't :facepalm:

Um yes I am, what a name to what are you 11:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

DeyAce
08-18-2010, 01:32 PM
If he does, the West will become a joy ride for the Lakers

still1ballin
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM

You know this already... so I don't know where you are going with this above comment. You are a known Heat hater anyway. Whateva playa. :cool:

LOL

Melo and Amare is a nice 1 2 punch. I never said that they were going to beat the Heat, but I said IMO that they can give the Heat some trouble and who knows maybe next year or 2 years from now Tony Parker or CP3 goes to NY then that is a real threat to the Heat.

Of course I am a Heat hater, along with 80% of PSD lol. Any team that is threat to the Lakers I am going to hate.

still1ballin
08-18-2010, 01:37 PM
If he does, the West will become a joy ride for the Lakers

YEAH! Thats why I want it to happen. Maybe the Lakers are the reason that key players are jumping ship. They realize they can't get to the finals in the West so jump ship east.

0nekhmer
08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
i think not much people care because melo isn't a media whore. he's been pretty quiet about his dreams but since 3 of the top 10 players have already done it, doing it again seems less shocking

kntresistheheat
08-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Well lebron started this whole super team thing and everyone else wants to try it now. and lebron was a bigger deal to me bc he left his hometown (even though now he says he never liked cleveland bc the kids bullied the akron kids) So lebron is a punk for sdtarting this abandon your team attitude to go win. Melo CP3 are just followers not punks lol.

No, this has been going on for years and recently it was the celtics and lakers stacking up. Lebron noticed in order to win a ring is to stack up with other superstars.

masTOR_shake1
08-18-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't like the knicks but it'd be good to see a younger stacked team in the east to throw a wrench in miami's plans long-term.

SupeUnagi
08-18-2010, 01:53 PM
more made up crap yay

VinceCarter
08-18-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/08/17/2010-08-17_carmelo_anthony_reportedly_will_not_sign_extens ion_with_nuggets_prefers_new_york.html

Don't know if its been posted already, just trying to report, if it has been then please delete this.

He's also open to the Nets and Rockets long term wise too. And the Nets have much better assets than the Knicks when it comes to a trade so I would not say the Knicks are the team right now.

Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix reports Carmelo Anthony may prefer New York, but he's open to signing a multi-year deal with either the Nets or the Rockets.

"Multiple league sources familiar with his situation told SI.com that Anthony would also be open to signing a long-term deal with Houston or New Jersey should either of those teams offer the Nuggets an acceptable trade package, Mannix reported Wednesday afternoon. He added, "In Denver, there is no urgency to make a deal quickly."

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/8/18/1629190/nets-not-talking-about-melo

D Roses Bulls
08-18-2010, 06:33 PM
So why compare him to lebron??? Obviously he is wanting to go right?? So you are saying if melo goes to NY he had nothing to do with it and the nuggets couldn't wait to get rid of him? I am just trying to understand what's the difference from lebron and melo, why so much hate for lebron and not melo? The only thing you can say is the one hour special, which I agree "over the top"

i never compared their situations. read my previous post. all i said was he isnt breaking any rules.

oak2455
08-18-2010, 06:48 PM
He's also open to the Nets and Rockets long term wise too. And the Nets have much better assets than the Knicks when it comes to a trade so I would not say the Knicks are the team right now.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/8/18/1629190/nets-not-talking-about-melo

thats right they have Jay Z I remember that worked out well before:D Knicks have players to trade and Cap relief :)

bedford1829
08-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Im sorry but with Isiah being a Knick consultant and on the Knick payroll once again wouldnt this be tampering?

BigBlueCrew
08-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Im sorry but with Isiah being a Knick consultant and on the Knick payroll once again wouldnt this be tampering?

Nah he isnt on knick's payroll . Thank god

h2r09
08-18-2010, 07:05 PM
does it matter? even if he does sign there they still wouldnt even be a top 3 team in the east and they wouldnt be a championship contender especially when amare breaks down in 2 years.

h2r09
08-18-2010, 07:07 PM
thats right they have Jay Z I remember that worked out well before:D Knicks have players to trade and Cap relief :)

i really cant believe just how overrated knicks fans have made gallinari. there is a reason mike d'antoni teams dont win championships.

bedford1829
08-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Nah he isnt on knick's payroll . Thank god

Last week I saw that he was hired as a consultant to James Dolan, so he wont recieve any monetary compensation for his role?

SouthSideRookie
08-18-2010, 07:10 PM
does it matter? even if he does sign there they still wouldnt even be a top 3 team in the east and they wouldnt be a championship contender especially when amare breaks down in 2 years.

Exactly, they won't be a contender even with Carmelo, that's why I dont understand why Knick fans are so hopefull, you figure Melo want's a realistic opportunity to win big.

jimm120
08-18-2010, 07:12 PM
If the NETS were smart, they'd trade for Melo now.

The hope would be that he warms up to the Nets and knowing that they'll be on their way to Brooklyn after the season (or 2?), that he'd stay.

But I still want him to land on the Knicks for Chandler/others instead of Gallo (though I don't consider Gallo special or anything).

AddiX
08-18-2010, 07:16 PM
i really cant believe just how overrated knicks fans have made gallinari. there is a reason mike d'antoni teams dont win championships.

There is also a reason no one else but the Spurs and Lakers have won them in the west.

Because they are damn good teams. Saying Mike sucks because he didn't win rings is an extremely stupid comment and shows just how little you follow ball.

That's like saying the old Heat teams with Zo, Hardaway, etc sucked. They were championship caliber teams but there was other really good teams too. That's just how sports works.

oak2455
08-18-2010, 07:16 PM

forget your allstar team whos your coach:confused:

oak2455
08-18-2010, 07:18 PM
There is also a reason no one else but the Spurs and Lakers have won them in the west.

Because they are damn good teams. Saying Mike sucks because he didn't win rings is an extremely stupid comment and shows just how little you follow ball.

That's like saying the old Heat teams with Zo, Hardaway, etc sucked. They were championship caliber teams but there was other really good teams too. That's just how sports works.

not too many smart guys out here:eyebrow:

LA_Raiders
08-18-2010, 07:25 PM
lol, ok

If he leaves is going to be bia trade

Yunqn
08-18-2010, 07:33 PM
believe in Prokhorov.. i bet he gets the deal done..
he wants to sell the team
win fast
10 future picks
twill & favors

they got harris & lopez with avery johnson,jay-z,his hometown and still n.y
a new arena and he has a willing owner to get him paul when paul comes off the books

brooklyn nets

paul,melo,lopez

i bet he goes to the nets.. they have better young pieces and make more sense than anyone for melo

stoudemire & dantoni? thats it! there owner is a joke.. raymond felton?really?
i hate this knicks talk..they would have melo on hold for paul for 2 years.. mind you stoudemire isnt young like them.. the knicks dont make sense besides that they are alreaedy in new york with a all star who isnt good in 3 years and a coach who hasnt been good since nash.. walsh is old and dolan is a joke.. theres nuttin enticing about the knicks. especially not over the nets,orlando & houston for melo

oak2455
08-18-2010, 07:45 PM
believe in Prokhorov.. i bet he gets the deal done..
he wants to sell the team
win fast
10 future picks
twill & favors

they got harris & lopez with avery johnson,jay-z,his hometown and still n.y
a new arena and he has a willing owner to get him paul when paul comes off the books

brooklyn nets

paul,melo,lopez

i bet he goes to the nets.. they have better young pieces and make more sense than anyone for melo

stoudemire & dantoni? thats it! there owner is a joke.. raymond felton?really?
i hate this knicks talk..they would have melo on hold for paul for 2 years.. mind you stoudemire isnt young like them.. the knicks dont make sense besides that they are alreaedy in new york with a all star who isnt good in 3 years and a coach who hasnt been good since nash.. walsh is old and dolan is a joke.. theres nuttin enticing about the knicks. especially not over the nets,orlando & houston for melo

wow ok so what are you giving up??? Lopez:confused:

knicksfan42
08-18-2010, 08:29 PM
As Knick fan I agree, in a system designed to help the owners it seems as if the players have all the power. As happy as I would be to see him in a Knick uniform how long until he is unhappy and doing the same thing?

Umm well he was in a Nuggets uniform for 7 years.

knicksfan42
08-18-2010, 08:32 PM
stoudemire isnt young like them

LOL STAT is 27 Melo is 26 Paul is 25. Guess Teams should only be composed of players who are all the same age.

knicksfan42
08-18-2010, 08:40 PM
walsh is old and dolan is a joke.. theres nuttin enticing about the knicks

You wanna hear a really funny joke? A team that wins only 12 games. Any NBA superstar would be enticed by that. I'll give you Walsh being old, seeing as he is older than 26 of course, though I think he can still contribute off the bench, oh wait he's not not a player.

knicksfan42
08-18-2010, 08:44 PM
they'll be on their way to Brooklyn after the season (or 2?).

Or 3 or 10 or never, I'm a Brooklynite and I've been hearing that the Nets are coming here for literally 5 years.

boriquaabe
08-19-2010, 02:57 AM
not too many smart guys out here:eyebrow:

You can't get any deeper than one liners....??

boriquaabe
08-19-2010, 02:59 AM
My hope is that a team other than Knicks hears about Isiah's clout with Melo and then hires him and he takes Melo with him there. Because Melo can't take a team to the next level. Even in Denver he needed Park hill native Chauncey Billups to show him how it's done.