PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Thread-All others merged here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I am a nuggets fan, have been one for about 6 years or so now, and i have taken to carmelo since he has been there, but he isnt the reason i am a nuggets fan, my reason is kenyon martin, my favorite player since i can remember watching basketball. for the nuggets, this is our best chance of winning a championship, i believe that we are 1 piece away( a center) from being able to take the lakers on in a 7 game series and win.

obviously we are hearing speculation about Melo leaving and what not. for this thread's sake, lets say its true right, and the nuggets really want to trade him b4 February, what deal would make the nuggets give him up, like the best possible deal.

so far ive been hearing: melo for: curry, gallonari, chandler, and future draft picks. not the most inticing trade, and this is probably a trade i would grade a C- because this would be more of a last resort trade for the nuggets

what the trade would look like: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2b7sudy

so we are also hearing about other teams that melo has on his list: Orlando, and CHICAGO( YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!)

so lets see which team can make the best offer:

Chicago: luol deng, taj gibson, and j.johnson and future picks for carmelo

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2b3vntt

this trade is good for the nuggets, as they get a young pf to replace kenyon martin when he leaves or is traded this season, luol deng who has 4 yrs left on his deal to replace melo, and jjohnson to come off the bench. this trade will atleast keep the nuggets competitive, but its hard to see this team making the playoffs.

ok, now bear with me now on this one: Orlando magic, this is the BEST possible deal( i have a thing for making magic trades they have the best pieces to acquire any player, whether it be melo or cp3)

OPTION 1: Rashard lewis, vince carter, jameer nelson, brandon bass, and future picks to denver for Carmelo anthony, chauncey billups and kenyon martin.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24cwhbo

i definately dont see denver giving up billups in this deal but if they do they can acquire jameer nelson a young guard that can start while lawson develops, vince carter's contract is off the books in 2 years, lewis replaces melo. this deal makes the magic either the #1 team in the east( not in terms of playoff seeding) or the #2 team in the nba(not in terms of playoff seeding), behind boston

C:nene, anderson
PF: bass, harrington
SF:lewis, ?
SG: carter, smith
PG:Nelson, lawson

C:Howard, gortat
PF:kmart, anderson
SF:Melo, richardson
SG:reddick, petrius
PG:Billups, duhon

great deal for both teams, and melo can get his extension with the magic. both teams are competive, denver can make the 7th or 8th seed, orlando can compete for a championship not only this season, but for years to come

this deal provides orlando with 2 defensive post players, a player that can take over the game at any time, great clutch pg. everythign the magic lacked before, and with dwights improving post game, this team can definatly post problems for boston, ,miami, and even L.A

Option2: as i said before i dont think option 1 is likely because of the inclusion of billups, so if we restructure this deal:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=242ytp7

Lewis, carter, bass, picks to denver for kmart, and carmelo

deal makes orlando better, but i dont see them beating the best teams in the nba: L.A and boston, without a better pg, not that nelson is bad tho

personally, i would prefer the magic option #1, it is the best of both worlds for both teams, but the bulls option isnt too bad either.

NYKalltheway
08-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Melo wants New York, his wife wants New York, the team has good players to surround him. There's no other choice really

I like how the tags are "bulls, magic, melo"

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Melo wants New York, his wife wants New York, the team has good players to surround him. There's no other choice really

I like how the tags are "bulls, magic, melo"

seeing as melo has no choice in the actual matter, because its not up to melo if we trade him

anyways: back to that knicks offer i was talking about:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17110

nysportsfan02
08-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Trade wise: Magic/Bulls have the edge over Knicks.

FA wise: Most likely Knicks

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
in this thread we are talking about trade wise ONLY, so please keep it that way, thx

btw, lovin dat eli sig!

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
He doesn't want to be a knick, he's a Nugget..And will remain that way.

godolphins
08-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Orlando has the most to offer, I don't see why the nuggets are even talking to the knicks about a trade because they really don't have a lot to offer.

j-bay
08-18-2010, 11:26 AM
2 team New York and DC
New York Duh
Washington-has lots of pieces,lived in the baltimore area,and leonsis said he was saving money up for nexr FA i think he wants Melo

beasted86
08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Where is the Miami Heat on the poll?

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
for the last time, it isnt up to him, he has no trade clause , we can trade him to the timberwolves for all we care , its not his decision!

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Where is the Miami Heat on the poll?
lol

nysportsfan02
08-18-2010, 11:29 AM
in this thread we are talking about trade wise ONLY, so please keep it that way, thx

btw, lovin dat eli sig!

No prob.

thanks man.....GMENN all the way.

I would have to say Bulls then if they would be willing to part with Noah. I know the Nuggets want a C and im sure they wouldnt mind Noah in a package.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Orlando has the most to offer, I don't see why the nuggets are even talking to the knicks about a trade because they really don't have a lot to offer.
no, the knicks are talking to him, its best the knicks try to pry him away from denver before someone else does, but problem is the kncks lack the pieces to entice anyteam, outside of gallonari

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 11:31 AM
for the last time, it isnt up to him, he has no trade clause , we can trade him to the timberwolves for all we care , its not his decision!

Uhhhhhhhh...Yeah it is up to him to sign the extension...What the **** you talking about????

Kingdre619
No prob.

thanks man.....GMENN all the way.

I would have to say Bulls then if they would be willing to part with Noah. I know the Nuggets want a C and im sure they wouldnt mind Noah in a package.
we arent giving up noah for melo, no way, no matter whatm boozer, noah, and rose will be on that team, we arent breakign that trio up

every chanpionship team needs a center and a pg

masalex1205
The Knicks can imo but not with that garbage offer, they are going to have to give up eveyrthing to get him (CUrry, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Douglas, future draft picks)

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Uhhhhhhhh...Yeah it is up to him to sign the extension...What the **** you talking about????
if he signs the extension there is no need to trade him, if he doesnt, we trade him where ever we want, his only power is his extension

do u have any idea how many times we thought about trading him?

remember michael redd a few years ago, melo for redd, this isnt the first time there was speculation, and it wont be the last time

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:33 AM
The Knicks can imo but not with that garbage offer, they are going to have to give up eveyrthing to get him (CUrry, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Douglas, future draft picks)
they have the least chance via trade imo

Bubba313
08-18-2010, 11:33 AM

Yes, but why would a team trade solid rotational players for Melo when he's just going to leave in FA agency next year. Therein lies Melo's leverage and he will determine where he wants to go whether its only hte Knicks or an entire list of teams if he even wants to traded.

HornetsSolution
08-18-2010, 11:34 AM
No Hornets? People still sleeping on the Hornets. They can possibily have the best to offer for Melo.

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 11:34 AM
if he signs the extension there is no need to trade him, if he doesnt, we trade him where ever we want, his only power is his extension

do u have any idea how many times we thought about trading him?

remember michael redd a few years ago, melo for redd, this isnt the first time there was speculation, and it wont be the last time

Thats my freakin point!!!!! He doesn't want to be a Knick, he's a nugget and remain that way!!!!!! He will sign thwe extension...What dont you understand about my first post??????

NYKalltheway
08-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Who would be willing to offer good players in return for a 3 month "loan" for Melo?
He wants to end up in New York, if it takes a stop to Orlando/Chicago, I don't think he'd mind. But he's gonna end up in NY

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Yes, but why would a team trade solid rotational players for Melo when he's just going to leave in FA agency next year. Therein lies Melo's leverage and he will determine where he wants to go whether its only hte Knicks or an entire list of teams if he even wants to traded.

so you wouldnt trade vince carter nd lewis for melo and kmart, knowing that you have no money to spend in the off season?

same with chicago, we have what? 2 million dollars left!

he cant go to these other teams any other way

the nba revolves around CAP SPACE.

this isnt baseball!

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:38 AM
No Hornets? People still sleeping on the Hornets. They can possibily have the best to offer for Melo.

really? lets see then: carmelo for peja or melo for emeka okeafor? take ur choice, lmao:facepalm:

beasted86
08-18-2010, 11:39 AM
lol

What's funny?

The Miami Heat should seriously be on the poll.

If everyone else wants to spark up homer driven talk of a team just trading away their franchise star, who is a sure fire top 12 player in the NBA, for mere role players and picks... the Heat should be included especially with their history of blockbuster trades to bring in all-stars. (Mourning, Hardaway, Eddie Jones, Shaq, Bosh, LeBron).

Bellz
08-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Thats my freakin point!!!!! He doesn't want to be a Knick, he's a nugget and remain that way!!!!!! He will sign thwe extension...What dont you understand about my first post??????

This sounds alot like cavs fans last year. If he wants to stay a nuggest why hasn't he sign the extension yet?

Kingdre619
Who would be willing to offer good players in return for a 3 month "loan" for Melo?
He wants to end up in New York, if it takes a stop to Orlando/Chicago, I don't think he'd mind. But he's gonna end up in NY

so if he goes to chicago now, or orlando, and makes the conference finals, hes gunna go sign with the knicks? to do what? play with stoudemire, felton, douglas, and gallonari??? oooooooh wait, i forgot, tony parker! yea, real championship potential there

with a pf who cant even grab 10 rebs per

Bubba313
so you wouldnt trade vince carter nd lewis for melo and kmart, knowing that you have no money to spend in the off season?

same with chicago, we have what? 2 million dollars left!

he cant go to these other teams any other way

the nba revolves around CAP SPACE.

this isnt baseball!

I have no idea what your talking about, but no you don't trade vince carter and rashard lewis for Melo and Kmart if you know Melo is leaving in the off-season that year. And what makes you think a Carter and Lewis trade gets it done, no one wants Lewis' contract.

The point I'm trying to make is that Melo will not sign an extension with a team he does not want to play for in the future. If the Magic trade for him and he doesn't want to be there then its a 1-year rental. If he wants to be a Knick only then that leaves the Nuggets in a situation where they trade him and get something or wait until the off-season and let him go for free.

Double_R

Maybe if they didn't blow it by trading away their best piece in Collison...

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:41 AM
What's funny?

The Miami Heat should seriously be on the poll.

If everyone else wants to spark up homer driven talk of a team just trading away their franchise star, who is a sure fire top 12 player in the NBA, for mere role players and picks... the Heat should be included especially with their history of blockbuster trades to bring in all-stars. (Mourning, Hardaway, Eddie Jones, Shaq, Bosh, LeBron).

yea, so melo should also make the ILLUMINATI sacrifice, join wade nd lebron for the MLE

gud thinking there

Double_R
08-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I have no idea what your talking about, but no you don't trade vince carter and rashard lewis for Melo and Kmart if you know Melo is leaving in the off-season that year. And what makes you think a Carter and Lewis trade gets it done, no one wants Lewis' contract.

The point I'm trying to make is that Melo will not sign an extension with a team he does not want to play for in the future. If the Magic trade for him and he doesn't want to be there then its a 1-year rental. If he wants to be a Knick only then that leaves the Nuggets in a situation where they trade him and get something or wait until the off-season and let him go for free.

Vince Carter's contract is expiring, which means that if the Magic want, they can sign Melo after the season... oh yea and who doesn't want to play with Dwight Howard... Dwade said if he could play with one person it would be DH... every wing player wants a big like DH... so I could see Melo wanting to come to Otown.

Kingdre619

so the magic shld wait to sign carmelo with their NEGATIVE -35,000,000?

a carter nd lewis deal keeps the nuggets competive, and carter helps, and his contract is off the books in 2 years

Go_NUGGETS
This sounds alot like cavs fans last year. If he wants to stay a nuggest why hasn't he sign the extension yet?

Because he's forcing our FO to improve!!!! Look how Kobe made the Lakers FO get Gasol....He was requesting a trade if they didn't improve...

Same thing with Melo...He's wielding the power to make our FO work....I'm sure Melo thinks "If I sign the extension too early, the F.O. will stop working to improve"...And he may be very well RIGHT....If he does sign too early, the FO will feel satisfied and less motivated to make significant moves.

Go ahead...Keep asking "why hasn't he signed the extension yet?", because it means diddly to the situation...And indicates nothing absolute.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Vince Carter's contract is expiring, which means that if the Magic want, they can sign Melo after the season... oh yea and who doesn't want to play with Dwight Howard... Dwade said if he could play with one person it would be DH... every wing player wants a big like DH... so I could see Melo wanting to come to Otown.

carters deal doesnt expire till 2012-2013

beasted86
08-18-2010, 11:45 AM
yea, so melo should also make the ILLUMINATI sacrifice, join wade nd lebron for the MLE

gud thinking there

Well, what can you say...

This is about as likely as all the other B.S. no-chance-in-a-lifetime trades people are talking about in here, right?

Teams who are slated to make the playoffs and possibly contend don't just trade away their franchise player who is still under contract. I don't know why this can't seep into some people's brains. If Carmelo is going to be traded it's not going to be until next summer when they are 100% sure he's not going to re-sign.

HornetsSolution
08-18-2010, 11:46 AM
really? lets see then: carmelo for peja or melo for emeka okeafor? take ur choice, lmao:facepalm:

NO try again. Peja/Songaila/Pondexter/Thornton/2 First Round Picks:D

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Because he's forcing our FO to improve!!!! Look how Kobe made the Lakers FO get Gasol....He was requesting a trade if they didn't improve...

Same thing with Melo...He's wielding the power to make our FO work....I'm sure Melo thinks "If I sign the extension too early, the F.O. will stop working to improve"...And he may be very well RIGHT....If he does sign too early, the FO will feel satisfied and less motivated to make significant moves.

Go ahead...Keep asking "why hasn't he signed the extension yet?", because it means diddly to the situation...And indicates nothing absolute.

personally i believe that kmart will be traded to acquire some kind of player that will make melo want to stay

who that player is, idk, but kmart has a 16$ mill contract, so it must be somebody gud

Double_R
08-18-2010, 11:47 AM

a carter nd lewis deal keeps the nuggets competive, and carter helps, and his contract is off the books in 2 years

Carter has a partially guaranteed deal for the 2011/12 season. If he is not waived before June 30, 2011, Carter's salary of $18.3 million becomes fully guaranteed; if he is waived by the above date, he pockets $4 million and becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1. The $4 million figure will stay on his team's cap for that year.

Brooklyn Mets
08-18-2010, 11:47 AM
if he doesnt stay in Denver, Melo is coming to New York..

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:48 AM
NO try again. Peja/Songaila/Pondexter/Thornton/2 First Round Picks:D

and nuggets take this because??? thornton, we have affalo, and j.r smith

try again

Double_R
08-18-2010, 11:49 AM
carters deal doesnt expire till 2012-2013

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/7/25/1586625/vince-carter-the-expiring-contract

Bubba313
08-18-2010, 11:49 AM

No, this means the Magic just simply do not go after Melo. Do you know the Magic made the Finals two years ago and the ECF a year ago? They don't need to make any major moves if Melo doesn't wanna be there long-term.

And I'm sure the Nuggets would like more than two heavy contracts like Carter and Lewis.

The point that all the Magic supporters are missing is we have no clue where Melo WANTS to go. All we know is his wife would like to be in NY to better her career. Who knows if he wants the Knicks, but he was born here and played college ball at Syracuse. So were assuming...

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Carter has a partially guaranteed deal for the 2011/12 season. If he is not waived before June 30, 2011, Carter's salary of $18.3 million becomes fully guaranteed; if he is waived by the above date, he pockets $4 million and becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1. The $4 million figure will stay on his team's cap for that year.

even more incentive for the nuggets to take that deal, lmao

oak2455
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
so if he goes to chicago now, or orlando, and makes the conference finals, hes gunna go sign with the knicks? to do what? play with stoudemire, felton, douglas, and gallonari??? oooooooh wait, i forgot, tony parker! yea, real championship potential there

with a pf who cant even grab 10 rebs per

I guess he will sign with the Knicks source's have told the NY DAILY NEWS that Melo has told Isiah Thomas he will sign with the Knicks:eyebrow: its on The ESPN Bottom line

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 11:51 AM
I'll put Melo in a trade package with Nene for Marc Gasol and Rudy Gay...Lets get it.

Go_NUGGETS
Actually no....Switch NENE with K-MART...LOL.

Kingdre619
No, this means the Magic just simply do not go after Melo. Do you know the Magic made the Finals two years ago and the ECF a year ago? They don't need to make any major moves if Melo doesn't wanna be there long-term.

And I'm sure the Nuggets would like more than two heavy contracts like Carter and Lewis.

The point that all the Magic supporters are missing is we have no clue where Melo WANTS to go. All we know is his wife would like to be in NY to better her career. Who knows if he wants the Knicks, but he was born here and played college ball at Syracuse. So were assuming...

the magic would gladly restart if the melo were to leave them, they would gladly give up lewis nd carter's contract for the expiring contract of kenyon martin, and carmelo

Double_R
08-18-2010, 11:52 AM
even more incentive for the nuggets to take that deal, lmao

I voted for the Magic, ha

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:54 AM
lmao, u better!

but im still hopefull that the nuggets nd ,melo work something out

this could just be like the kobe thign that brought gasol over when u think about it

Bubba313
08-18-2010, 11:54 AM
the magic would gladly restart if the melo were to leave them, they would gladly give up lewis nd carter's contract for the expiring contract of kenyon martin, and carmelo

I'd like you to tell that to all the Magic fans here. Why would they want to start over when they now have a chance to compete for a championship without Melo? Just like they have for the past 3 years.

But hey if they are OK with that then trade him to the Magic. We'll keep Gallo and see him in 2011. :)

oak2455
08-18-2010, 11:56 AM
here's the Link

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23960984

Posted by Royce Young

he New York Daily News reports that according to a team source, Isiah Thomas has assured Garden chairman James Dolan that Carmelo Anthony told him he intends to sign with the Knicks.

I don't think anyone really questions whether or not the Knicks could or would sign Anthony next summer. That's not really the discussion here. Right now, it's whether or not the Knicks can do something now. Can they put together a package to satisfy the Nuggets and not wait until next summer? Melo wants to play in New York. He was born in Brooklyn, played at Syracuse and sources told Ken Berger that Anthony wants to be in the Big Apple . So I don't think Isiah is breaking any news here.

And if Anthony's desire to play for the Knicks is that strong and the Nuggets can't come up with an agreement with New York to move Melo there, I wonder if Anthony would prefer just to play out his final season in Denver and wait for 2011. That would definitely be awkward as we'd all pretty much know what Anthony's intentions were, but at the same time, maybe he'd change his mind.

Also in the story is a non-surprising item that the Nets are pursuing Carmelo. And the Nets definitely have the pieces to make an enticing offer. Some combination of Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Derrick Favors and draft picks would definitely catch Denver's attention. And then of course the Jay-Z connection thing which always seems to play some sort of factor. Plus, the Nets are moving to Brooklynn in the next couple years which would mean Anthony would literally be playing in his hometown. New Jersey might be a player in this deal yet.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:56 AM
I'd like you to tell that to all the Magic fans here. Why would they want to start over when they now have a chance to compete for a championship without Melo? Just like they have for the past 3 years.

But hey if they are OK with that then trade him to the Magic. We'll keep Gallo and see him in 2011. :)
3 questions:

1: would u rather have melo or lewis nd carter on magic if u were a magic fan

2. who gives the magic a better chance to win now

3. can the magic seriously contend with boston and miami after their biggets offseason move was signing CHRIS DUHON

Bellz
08-18-2010, 11:57 AM

That just means your FO should be fired. If your star player has to threaten to leave for you to improve then sorry you shuoldn't have a job in the nba. Your goal should be to improve all the time even if you win a championship. And the kobe and melo sitution are different kobe was under contract signed an ext the year before i believe so. Its not like kobe could've just said fine go get this guy or this guy or trade me. Melo could say I am out after this year either trade me or you get nothing. Melo has had the contract on the table for about a month now and all we have heard is melo leaning towards leaving. Not once have we heard the nuggets are trying to get anybody to improve. All they have done is sign Al Harrington lmao and has a knick fan I like the guys heart but he touches the ball on the court he isn't letting it go of it.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 11:57 AM
here's the Link

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23960984

Posted by Royce Young

he New York Daily News reports that according to a team source, Isiah Thomas has assured Garden chairman James Dolan that Carmelo Anthony told him he intends to sign with the Knicks.

I don't think anyone really questions whether or not the Knicks could or would sign Anthony next summer. That's not really the discussion here. Right now, it's whether or not the Knicks can do something now. Can they put together a package to satisfy the Nuggets and not wait until next summer? Melo wants to play in New York. He was born in Brooklyn, played at Syracuse and sources told Ken Berger that Anthony wants to be in the Big Apple . So I don't think Isiah is breaking any news here.

And if Anthony's desire to play for the Knicks is that strong and the Nuggets can't come up with an agreement with New York to move Melo there, I wonder if Anthony would prefer just to play out his final season in Denver and wait for 2011. That would definitely be awkward as we'd all pretty much know what Anthony's intentions were, but at the same time, maybe he'd change his mind.

Also in the story is a non-surprising item that the Nets are pursuing Carmelo. And the Nets definitely have the pieces to make an enticing offer. Some combination of Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Derrick Favors and draft picks would definitely catch Denver's attention. And then of course the Jay-Z connection thing which always seems to play some sort of factor. Plus, the Nets are moving to Brooklynn in the next couple years which would mean Anthony would literally be playing in his hometown. New Jersey might be a player in this deal yet.
wat exactly does this have to do with this thread

look at the poll question please

nuggetsyankees
08-18-2010, 11:59 AM
The Nets have Terrence Williams, Favors, and Troy Murphy so that may be the best deal if we're trying to rebuild

HornetsSolution
08-18-2010, 12:01 PM
and nuggets take this because??? thornton, we have affalo, and j.r smith

try again

JR Smith walks next year and Thornton has 1 of best contracts out their. In his prime he will make what JR Smith is making now.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 12:01 PM
The Nets have Terrence Williams, Favors, and Troy Murphy so that may be the best deal if we're trying to rebuild
giving up so much for carmelo, who probably would more leave the nets to go to NY then the magic or bulls

but on denvers end, best possible deal

nets end, bad deal, caus melo wants to WIN

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
JR Smith walks next year and Thornton has 1 of best contracts out their. In his prime he will make what JR Smith is making now.
meh, but to take songalia, meh. u do have a point tho

Rivera
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
some how some way pat riley magicially finds abt 12 mil in cap room and carmelo takes a "pay cut" to join the Miami Heat

oak2455
08-18-2010, 12:04 PM
wat exactly does this have to do with this thread

look at the poll question please

its what and this has nothing to do with Melo:confused: ok maybe I should post it somewhere else :)

Kingdre619
lol

Bubba313
3 questions:

1: would u rather have melo or lewis nd carter on magic if u were a magic fan

2. who gives the magic a better chance to win now

3. can the magic seriously contend with boston and miami after their biggets offseason move was signing CHRIS DUHON

I don't know honestly you'd have to ask a Magic fan. Would you rather contend with Melo for one year and become a little better, or compete for years to come and have room in the future when Carter becomes a FA and then when Lewis runs up too.

Also, you have to consider the Magic have no room to rebuild. As we know in this new NBA culture, star players have to be catered to and built around as we see with Paul and Melo. If Dwight isn't happy with his team who's to say he won't leave too

Kingdre619
thx

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
That just means your FO should be fired. If your star player has to threaten to leave for you to improve then sorry you shuoldn't have a job in the nba. Your goal should be to improve all the time even if you win a championship. And the kobe and melo sitution are different kobe was under contract signed an ext the year before i believe so. Its not like kobe could've just said fine go get this guy or this guy or trade me. Melo could say I am out after this year either trade me or you get nothing. Melo has had the contract on the table for about a month now and all we have heard is melo leaning towards leaving. Not once have we heard the nuggets are trying to get anybody to improve. All they have done is sign Al Harrington lmao and has a knick fan I like the guys heart but he touches the ball on the court he isn't letting it go of it.

That just means our FO should be fired????? According to your OPINION???? My dude, when you have possibly the 2nd worse contract in the NBA [K-Marts 16 mill/yr] on your team, it's QUITE difficult to makes moves at any given time...And guess what, Nuggets did let their FO go, and we have a new FO....So apparently you don't follow the Nuggets enough to be makin any of your conlcusions....

ANd yeah "all we have heard is melo leaning towards leaving", according to unreliable sources....And Melo even said "Unbelievable" on his twitter about all the unreliable sources.

And uhhhh Kobe and Melo situation are very similar, regardless how much you try to break it down and differentiate the two...Kobe made his FO work, and Melo making his FO work, nuff said.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't know honestly you'd have to ask a Magic fan. Would you rather contend with Melo for one year and become a little better, or compete for years to come and have room in the future when Carter becomes a FA and then when Lewis runs up too.

Also, you have to consider the Magic have no room to rebuild. As we know in this new NBA culture, star players have to be catered to and built around as we see with Paul and Melo. If Dwight isn't happy with his team who's to say he won't leave too
would you rather compete or win?

thats all i got to say

tbone2171
08-18-2010, 12:07 PM

:clap: Please do!

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 12:08 PM
:clap: Please do!
yeaa, give us love, beasley, johnson, milichic and.....nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bubba313
08-18-2010, 12:08 PM
would you rather compete or win?

thats all i got to say

Lol VERY articulate answer. But since I got that answer I'll say who says you win? The Heat are better, Celtic probably still better in the playoffs, Bulls close behind. Lakers still far better.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Lol VERY articulate answer. But since I got that answer I'll say who says you win? The Heat are better, Celtic probably still better in the playoffs, Bulls close behind. Lakers still far better.
a lineup of : howard, kmart, melo, reddick, billups, duhon, gortat, anderson, petrius, williams can beat miami, maybe take boston to 7 in the conference finals, and potentially, take L.A to 7 and lose

chicago beats them when we get a third scorer, lol

RedSoxFan2434
08-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Knicks need to sign Melo after losin Lebron.

I loved seeing after Lebron made his "decision" to go to Miami, next day I saw Chris Broussard reports...... "Knicks and guard Raymond Felton agree to deal." LMFAO!!!!!!!! what a consolation prize.

IndyRealist
08-18-2010, 12:17 PM

This issue is that the "other" team in the deal knows that Melo wants to go to the Knicks, so they're going to lose him in a year unless it's a championship roster. That's why it's pretty much Knicks, Bulls, and Magic. Even then I think if it's anywhere besides NYC, Melo leaves next offseason because he can join up with Stoudamire and Chris Paul in D'Antoni's SSOL offense. I think Chicago and Orlando low-ball the offers for that very reason, and so New York will have the best chance to get him, either in trade or free agency.

Bubba313
08-18-2010, 12:17 PM
a lineup of : howard, kmart, melo, reddick, billups, duhon, gortat, anderson, petrius, williams can beat miami, maybe take boston to 7 in the conference finals, and potentially, take L.A to 7 and lose

chicago beats them when we get a third scorer, lol

How do you get billups now? And no they probably don't beat the Heat or Lakers

BenFrank
08-18-2010, 12:19 PM
No Houston in this poll.. if we're talking trade wise.. Houston would be frontrunner's with Talent, Exp Contracts.. Draft picks, and a trade Exc... if Melo would sign a extention ( which i don't think he won't ) He would be playing in Houston

bullsnbills24
08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I am a nuggets fan, have been one for about 6 years or so now, and i have taken to carmelo since he has been there, but he isnt the reason i am a nuggets fan, my reason is kenyon martin, my favorite player since i can remember watching basketball. for the nuggets, this is our best chance of winning a championship, i believe that we are 1 piece away( a center) from being able to take the lakers on in a 7 game series and win.

obviously we are hearing speculation about Melo leaving and what not. for this thread's sake, lets say its true right, and the nuggets really want to trade him b4 February, what deal would make the nuggets give him up, like the best possible deal.

so far ive been hearing: melo for: curry, gallonari, chandler, and future draft picks. not the most inticing trade, and this is probably a trade i would grade a C- because this would be more of a last resort trade for the nuggets

what the trade would look like: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2b7sudy

so we are also hearing about other teams that melo has on his list: Orlando, and CHICAGO( YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!)

this trade is good for the nuggets, as they get a young pf to replace kenyon martin when he leaves or is traded this season, luol deng who has 4 yrs left on his deal to replace melo, and jjohnson to come off the bench. this trade will atleast keep the nuggets competitive, but its hard to see this team making the playoffs.

ok, now bear with me now on this one: Orlando magic, this is the BEST possible deal( i have a thing for making magic trades they have the best pieces to acquire any player, whether it be melo or cp3)

OPTION 1: Rashard lewis, vince carter, jameer nelson, brandon bass, and future picks to denver for Carmelo anthony, chauncey billups and kenyon martin.

i definately dont see denver giving up billups in this deal but if they do they can acquire jameer nelson a young guard that can start while lawson develops, vince carter's contract is off the books in 2 years, lewis replaces melo. this deal makes the magic either the #1 team in the east( not in terms of playoff seeding) or the #2 team in the nba(not in terms of playoff seeding), behind boston

great deal for both teams, and melo can get his extension with the magic. both teams are competive, denver can make the 7th or 8th seed, orlando can compete for a championship not only this season, but for years to come

this deal provides orlando with 2 defensive post players, a player that can take over the game at any time, great clutch pg. everythign the magic lacked before, and with dwights improving post game, this team can definatly post problems for boston, ,miami, and even L.A

Option2: as i said before i dont think option 1 is likely because of the inclusion of billups, so if we restructure this deal:

deal makes orlando better, but i dont see them beating the best teams in the nba: L.A and boston, without a better pg, not that nelson is bad tho

personally, i would prefer the magic option #1, it is the best of both worlds for both teams, but the bulls option isnt too bad either.

The most shocking thing for me is that you like teams based on players and not based on the team which makes you a bandwagoner. How do you have 2 favorite NBA and 2 Favorite NFL teams. That is just weird and the fact you hope someone gets traded with your favorite player just so you don't have to see him lose makes yo look like the worst sports fan ever.

Don Starks
08-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I've heard the magic mentioned in some reports for melo, but I havent heard anything about the bulls. Has there actually been a report of them being interested in melo? or is it just PSD posters making things up?

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Knicks have the best chance because that is where he wants to be. He went to Syracuse and is from New York state.

Slimsim
08-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Knicks need to sign Melo after losin Lebron.

I loved seeing after Lebron made his "decision" to go to Miami, next day I saw Chris Broussard reports...... "Knicks and guard Raymond Felton agree to deal." LMFAO!!!!!!!! what a consolation prize.

Yeah it's also funny that We Have a legit Shot to getting Melo.

BenFrank
08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
U kno what's ****ed up... Melo dunks on someone @ the beginning of last season.. and tell's all he denver fans.. I'm back while beatin his chest.. now almost a year later.. he's tellin denver fan.. I'm gone.. smh

nuggetsyankees
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
giving up so much for carmelo, who probably would more leave the nets to go to NY then the magic or bulls

but on denvers end, best possible deal

nets end, bad deal, caus melo wants to WIN

how is it bad for the nets? they have a dominant tio of Devin Harris, Melo & Brook Lopez

crewzmega
08-18-2010, 12:45 PM
no prob.

Thanks man.....gmenn all the way.

I would have to say bulls then if they would be willing to part with noah. I know the nuggets want a c and im sure they wouldnt mind noah in a package.

why would the bulls give up noah to rent carmelo for one year. He is one and done. The wife runs the household. If she says new york then it's new york. I don't care who has the best package he won't sign with the team. All the knicks fans have to do is sit back and wait. It doesn't if he plays here this year or not, but he will be a new york knick. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

upt_
08-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Carmelo called me last night and he said he likes the Bulls. So he's willing to accept a deal to them :D. So there you have it boys.

/thread

Immoknight
08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
... No source ever mentioned Bulls as a destination but they are a destination according to Bulls fans.

... No-one from Anthony's group of friends ever said the word "Chicago" but according to Bulls fans, he wants to play in Chicago.

... Nobody mentioned the Bulls AT ALL yet clearly they have the best deal and he would sign an extension with them because its the Bulls...

Is this how it feels to be a Bulls fan? You push your way into every conversation involving a target whom never actually mentions your team at all? Yes, it's great to dream but the hypocrites complain when Knicks fan mention x player to join them... because who would want to go to the Knicks, right? Argh, I really dislike a lot of oblivious Bulls fan (A lot of you aren't, but some of you make your fans look clueless.)

Frankly, I am fine if the Knicks get Carmelo and if we don't. I just want a resolution and not be sent into 2010 season wondering if he is going to come.

I really do wonder if it would be better for the league if players stated their intentions instead of hiding their agenda's until it's too late for the FO to recoup for their losses. ESPECIALLY Superstar players. This is why a baseball system would work, you add supplemental draft picks to the 1st round if the player is a TIER 1 stud, such as Carmelo is, to recoup some loss to the team who losses their superstar.

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 01:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-CP3Future

New York Knicks (41 votes)

It was the toast heard 'round the world OK, maybe just the New York metropolitan area. At Carmelo Anthony's wedding, just two days after LeBron's televised decision, Chris Paul took the mic and reportedly said he was ready to form his own Big Three in the Big Apple with Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire. Soon thereafter, news broke that Paul was planning his exit strategy. According to sources, he wanted out of New Orleans, and the Knicks were on his short list of preferred landing spots.

Since then, the Hornets brass and the star point guard have talked and seem to be moving forward together for now. New Orleans even traded away its rising backup point guard, Darren Collison, to acquire swingman Trevor Ariza. Still, 44 percent of our panelists believe Paul will somehow wind up in New York by the 2012-13 season anyway.

Paul would obviously be a fantastic fit in Mike D'Antoni's system. A pick-and-roll specialist who can score, push the pace and distribute with the best of them, he and Stoudemire would make the Knicks a force in the East with or without Melo.

But what would their supporting cast look like? And would they really have the cap space to acquire both Anthony and Paul. If the Hornets were willing to deal Paul, the Knicks, who have young talent and Eddy Curry's expiring contract to offer in a deal, would have to take on Emeka Okafor's contract, too. And in that case, their roster would otherwise be pretty much be depleted.

Then again, if the Knicks were able to add Melo next summer and then acquire Paul by trade or free agency, who's to say they couldn't surround their Big Three with role players the way the Heat have this summer?

Orlando Magic (16 votes)

Of our panelists, 17.2 percent think Paul will eventually force his way to Orlando, the top team on his wish list, according to Chris Broussard. Naturally, Paul wants to play with a dominant center, and a PG-C tandem of Paul and Dwight Howard would be devastating, perhaps one of the best in league history -- just look at what Paul accomplished with Tyson Chandler as his big man in New Orleans.

The Hornets are doing all they can to keep Paul happy, but if he still wants out, they'll have to listen to offers eventually unless they want a disgruntled face of the franchise. The Magic might be able to deliver the best deal out there, a package starting with All-Stars Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter, who has essentially just one year of guaranteed money left on his contract.

New Orleans Hornets (12 votes)

Only 12.9 percent of our voters think Paul will stay in New Orleans, despite the fact that after his meeting with Hornets management, he said in a statement: "I have been a Hornet my entire career and I hope to represent the city of New Orleans and state of Louisiana for many years to come."

But as currently constructed, the Hornets' roster will have a tough time getting out of the West -- in fact, the Hornets probably are going to have a tough time getting out of the lottery. And with the rest of his Olympic buddies all seemingly on title contenders, Paul is running out of patience.

Still, it's too early to tell what will happen. The Hornets have a new coach (Monty Williams) and a new general manager (Dell Demps) who come from winning organizations -- the Blazers and Spurs, respectively. They just made a deal for Trevor Ariza, who will be Paul's most athletic sidekick ever in New Orleans. And they have some flexibility with David West set to become a free agent next summer.

So things could change quickly in New Orleans. Plus, it will be hard for him to leave a community he loves and a city in which he saved basketball, right?

Miami Heat (6 votes)

Could this really happen?

Sure, if Paul is willing to play for a price below market value, as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will be doing the next several seasons. How much less than the max would CP3 have to settle for? That remains to be seen, as the new collective bargaining agreement remains far from settled. But don't count out this option -- we've already seen that the friendships forged on Team USA can make a profound difference in how the game's top stars shape their careers.

And as hard to imagine as it is now, who's to say the Heat wouldn't be willing to break up their new threesome to bring CP3 aboard? Paul is especially tight with James -- in fact, he just signed with the marketing company headed by James' crew. And as we've seen, King James has a way of getting what he wants, whether it's popular or not.

Dallas Mavericks (4 votes)

CP3-Dirk Nowitzki pick-and-rolls, anyone? A handful of voters think Paul will be Jason Kidd's successor in Dallas, which is one of Paul's preferred destinations if things don't work out in New Orleans. With the Mavs having a couple of intriguing assets to use in a deal -- namely Rodrigue Beaubois and Tyson Chandler's expiring contract -- and the willingness to take on sizable contracts such as the one lugged around by Texas native Emeka Okafor, you can't count out Mark Cuban's club.

L.A. Lakers (4 votes)

With Kobe Bryant getting up there in years, it makes sense for the Lakers to try to acquire someone who can take over the playmaking duties. Why not another charismatic guard with a flashy game and big grin? If Paul requests a trade, the Hornets would have to listen to an offer that includes big man Andrew Bynum, no?

New Jersey Nets (4 votes)

The Nets were actively looking to trade for Paul in June in an attempt to lure LeBron to Jersey this summer. While that plan didn't come to fruition, the Nets still are in prime position to make a major play for a top star via trade or free agency.

Armed with cap space and young talent, the Nets could take Paul and Okafor off the Hornets' hands and send back a package including Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and Troy Murphy's expiring contract, for instance.

Also receiving votes: Portland (2), Boston (1), Houston (1), Oklahoma City (1), Not New Orleans (1).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-MeloFuture

New York (60 votes)

You know how desperate Knicks fans are for Carmelo Anthony after LeBron spurned them? Remember Melo's sucker-punch-and-run on Mardy Collins at the Garden during the 2006-07 season? Fuhgeddaboudit!

Such is life after another losing season; after LeBron rejected them for the rival Heat; after Amare Stoudemire name-dropped Melo's name when he agreed to come to New York; and after Chris Paul's speech at Melo's wedding reportedly reinforced the idea that a Knicks "big three" was more than just a rumor.

Well, here's more good news for the hungriest fan base in the NBA: A whopping 64.5 percent of our panelists think Melo will be wearing orange and blue next season (and this survey was taken before Monday's news that he plans to part ways with the Nuggets). What's more, 26 members of our panel think CP3 will be his point guard. Sure, New York will have to do some roster maneuvering to make all of this happen. But as we saw with the Heat this summer, anything is possible if the players want it to happen.

CP3 aside, a Melo-Knicks union makes sense on many levels. He and his wife are both natives of New York. (Carmelo moved to Baltimore when he was 8.) He played college ball at Syracuse and loves MSG. And, from a purely basketball standpoint, can you imagine a scoring machine like Melo in Mike D'Antoni's high-powered offense? He would become the Knicks' most dynamic wing player since Bernard King, to whom Anthony is often compared, and the Knicks could instantly become contenders.

One fly in the ointment: Will the Knicks have to trade for Anthony, or can they wait until he hits free agency? The answer to that question says a lot about the makeup of the supporting cast and the team's ability to obtain a player of Paul's stature.

In any case, so far this is only a forecast, not fact. The summer of 2011 is a long way away, and things can change faster than Melo backpedaling down the court.

Denver (27 votes)

Even with all of the rumors flying around that Melo might jump ship, 29 percent of our panel thinks he'll eventually stay in Denver, where he's played his entire career and made the playoffs in all seven seasons.

The main reason, of course, is money. The Nuggets have had a three-year, $65 million extension on the table for weeks, and many believe that, ultimately, he won't be able to pass up that payday with the new collective bargaining agreement expected to come down hard on player contracts. Then again, Melo might be able to make a lot of that up in endorsement money in a larger market.

In July, a Nuggets official told Chris Broussard, "There is no way we are trading Carmelo Anthony. We're 100 percent certain of that." But if the Nuggets think he'll walk, they might have to talk. With an aging core, a shortage of young talent in the pipeline, and the uncertainty of George Karl's coaching future, perhaps it's time for the Nuggets to reload by moving Melo.

New Jersey (5 votes)

After striking out during the Summer of LeBron, the Nets will have better luck during the Summer of Carmelo, according to a handful of our panelists. New Jersey's young core of Devin Harris, Brook Lopez and Derrick Favors has loads of potential, and, as you'll notice, an acute need for a scoring wing. Add Melo to the mix and Mikhail Prokhorov may not sound so ludicrous with his championship-in-five-years prediction.

And there could hardly be a more ideal player to help the Nets take their talents to Brooklyn, the borough of Melo's birth.

Chicago (1 vote)

If Carmelo wants to create a big three to rival Miami's new trio, why not join the Bulls, who already boast All-Stars Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer? And that's not to mention potential All-Star center Joakim Noah. While the Nuggets aren't keen on the idea of dealing their star, the Bulls might make a persuasive pitch that starts with another talented small forward in Luol Deng.

driz
08-18-2010, 01:05 PM

Hey dumbass, no one is trading to rent Melo for one year for him to leave and sign with the Knicks next year. That's the whole POINT as to why Denver will trade him. HE has the choice to sign the extension for a sign-and-trade, so ummmmmmmm yeah I'm pretty sure he has a say in it.

effen5
08-18-2010, 01:06 PM
... No source ever mentioned Bulls as a destination but they are a destination according to Bulls fans.

... No-one from Anthony's group of friends ever said the word "Chicago" but according to Bulls fans, he wants to play in Chicago.

... Nobody mentioned the Bulls AT ALL yet clearly they have the best deal and he would sign an extension with them because its the Bulls...

Is this how it feels to be a Bulls fan? You push your way into every conversation involving a target whom never actually mentions your team at all? Yes, it's great to dream but the hypocrites complain when Knicks fan mention x player to join them... because who would want to go to the Knicks, right? Argh, I really dislike a lot of oblivious Bulls fan (A lot of you aren't, but some of you make your fans look clueless.)

Frankly, I am fine if the Knicks get Carmelo and if we don't. I just want a resolution and not be sent into 2010 season wondering if he is going to come.

I really do wonder if it would be better for the league if players stated their intentions instead of hiding their agenda's until it's too late for the FO to recoup for their losses. ESPECIALLY Superstar players. This is why a baseball system would work, you add supplemental draft picks to the 1st round if the player is a TIER 1 stud, such as Carmelo is, to recoup some loss to the team who losses their superstar.

:yawn:

All the Bulls fans know we can put a better package together then Curry, Gal, and a future first....

thats all we are trying to say.

jrm2054
08-18-2010, 01:12 PM
the fact is knicks have the best shot because that is where melo wants to go. He has all the cards. No one will trade for him knowing he will leave at the end of the year for the knicks. So denver will be in a spot of take the knicks offer or get nothing.

Kakaroach
08-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Has to be the Nuggets or the Knicks. I'm sure the Nuggets would rather have a package of Gallinari+Chandler than Deng+Gibson or something along those lines.

SurGiiCaL
08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Why would you post clearly its the knicks

thescore53
08-18-2010, 01:17 PM
they did get every prediction of the 2010 fa wrong except for wade

scutch11
08-18-2010, 01:24 PM
NEWSFLASH:

the knicks can put together a better package than gallo curry and a 1st too!! its a starting point. you think if the knicks offered a godfather package of gallo randolph chandler and curry they wouldnt take it?? NO!! theres something called negotiations, and all negotiations need a lower starting point

Hindy27
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't know why people are arguing over which teams can put together the better package.

No team will trade for him unless they can get a sign and trade because he will be heading off to the Knicks next off season. He won't agree to a S&T if it's going to make him go somewhere he doesn't like.
The Knicks also don't need to offer great package either, they can sit back and sign him after this season.

So Denver will probably have to hand him over to NY for whatever NY feels like trading. The Knicks are going mug the Nuggets on this one, unless they want him for this season.

JDMVP
08-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Come on now, Orlando or Chicago dont have the best offers for Melo, PLEASE.
Chicago is going to give Deng, Taj, some picks
Deng is being payed like an All Star and Hes been a Disappointment. The only thing Denver would really benefit from is Taj Gibson and those picks.
Orlando to give a VC contract and JJ??
Look if Denver want expiring contract then VC is perfect, JJ will be so-so.
New York though
Denver will benefit with a contract of Eddy Curry and they will also get a pretty good prospect in Gallo. If Im Denver though ill also ask for Chandler just for more.
New York is the team that can make Denver feel atleast OK about losing Melo and it is also the team that will make the Carmelo very happy. Both Parties Win-WIn except for Denver.

What?
08-18-2010, 01:31 PM
the fact is knicks have the best shot because that is where melo wants to go. He has all the cards. No one will trade for him knowing he will leave at the end of the year for the knicks. So denver will be in a spot of take the knicks offer or get nothing.

No fact is you have no idea where Melo wants to go. It really is foolish how some of you seem to know what Carmelo Anthony plans are did you have a conversation with him and he told you how he's wanted to be a knick his whole life, or that his wife wants to go there so he's going to go there. Lebron James girlfriend of 10 years didn't want to go to Miami and Lebron still went there. There is a CHANCE that Carmelo wants to go to NY just like there was a CHANCE Lebron did, albeit a good chance but it is still just a chance. Of course after we find out were he goes his thought process becomes clear and we know who had a chance and who didn't just like what happened with Lebron.

HornetsSolution
08-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Now this is some funny *****. Everyone wants to be in New York and people love New York. But not the Knicks. It has a bad organization and a terrible head coach. Players know that. If the Knicks ever get that fix then I can see people running to the Knicks. ESPN is really sleeping on the Hornets as a team. 12 votes. They must don't realize Paul was hurt for half the season last year.

UCF2007
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
The only stories involving Melo are going to the Knicks and the Magic, and the Magic have not even spoke to the Nuggets yet about the idea according to one. This talk of Melo's situation being like Kobes seems unreal as well, it is more like LeBrons and Boshs. The Nuggets do not want to be left hanging like Toronto and Cleveland and just get back picks when Melo signs somewhere else (My guess Knicks).

Also, please stop with this Chicago stuff, its rediculous. Unless Melo says hell sign an extension and goto Chicago there is no way a deal gets worked that would allow the Bulls to have Rose, Melo, Boozer and Noah in the end. Do not start with Deng cause he has a terrible contract and what team would want to take back Kenyon Martin or Birdman with their contracts?

The Nuggets are damned if they do and damned if they don't because as long as that extension is not being signed he is going to leave. If they trade him now they at least get some young players and picks back. Guess what, the only team anyone thinks he is going to is the Knicks so if I was in the Nuggets position it is time to swallow their pride and make the best possible deal with New York and make sure a piece like Gallinari is coming back in return now then some pick in 2016 when he signs with them in the offseason.

Renting players makes sense in Baseball, not in basketball so why on this Earth would the Magic or Bulls do that?

still1ballin
08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
CP3, Melo, Amare oh my

Lloyd Christmas
08-18-2010, 01:45 PM
My guess is someone trades a player who is better then anyone mentioned for Carmelo with full knowledge he is leaving after this year. This player will have a contract they want to get out of, but Denver will accept it instead of getting screwed with some of these other packages I'm hearing.

Is there an option to vote for this in the poll because any team could trade for him. By the way, does NY have enough space to sign him and Parker next year? If not then NY needs to put together a decent package to actually get Melo so they can sign Parker and then use their bird rights to go over the cap keeping Melo.

Lake_Show2416
how about the Lakers Odom n Sasha for Melo, Odom n Artest for Melo, or Bynum n Sasha for Melo

Wade>You
they did get every prediction of the 2010 fa wrong except for wadeand a lot of them still had Wade going to Chicago (of course I'm sure they were just trying to get hits on their web site from gullible Bulls fans).

Anyway, I think whatever team makes the moves to clear enough cap space to sign 3 max players (or at least has one of those 3 players and makes enough room to sign 2 max players) will be the winner of the new CP3/Melo sweepstakes.

Ironically, I think Denver has the most cap space coming up next season.

HeatBBall
08-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm sick of ESPN's supposed sources. I really think they got a bunch of darts and throw them at a board with stickies on it to get their rumors or "sources".

MiamiLoyal926
08-18-2010, 01:50 PM
we arent giving up noah for melo, no way, no matter whatm boozer, noah, and rose will be on that team, we arent breakign that trio up

1)
Noah = role player

C. Anthony = All-star

2) So you are saying the Heat don't have a chance at a championship because we lack a solid pg and c?

I say both your statements lack logic. It is a no brainer to trade melo for noah as long as melo signs an extension. Also, not every championship team needs a center and a pg. That is, of course, if you mean every championship team needs a talented center and pg.

The lakers have Fisher and a center who is constantly injured in Bynum. So I would say that constitutes as a team lacking in the pg and c position who still won a championship.

Shammyguy3
08-18-2010, 01:53 PM
1)
Noah = role player

C. Anthony = All-star

2) So you are saying the Heat don't have a chance at a championship because we lack a solid pg and c?

I say both your statements lack logic. It is a no brainer to trade melo for noah as long as melo signs an extension. Also, not every championship team needs a center and a pg. That is, of course, if you mean every championship team needs a talented center and pg.

The lakers have Fisher and a center who is constantly injured in Bynum. So I would say that constitutes as a team lacking in the pg and c position who still won a championship.

1) Noah is not just a role player
2) The way to beat the Heat is to have a great rebounding, defensive team. You won't be able to match them in scoring.
3) It's not a no-brainer...unless the Bulls get a very good defensive center in replacement of Noah and his production it's a no-brainer to not package Noah for Anthony

North Yorker
08-18-2010, 01:54 PM
If the Knicks got CP3 and Melo then that would piss me off so much just for the fact that they are a poorly run franchise and have been for a decade. They dont deserve to automatically become a Finals contender for the next 5-6 years with the amount of bonehead trades, draft selections and signings they have made the last 10 years.

DenButsu
08-18-2010, 01:55 PM

Cool. Then you're just one more team that's not getting Melo.

grega1976
08-18-2010, 01:57 PM
why no Rockets on the poll?
They have by far the most to offer, and are WAY closer to being a championship team than the Knicks.
Oh and according to article below Melo said he would sign a long-term contract to join the Rox!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/08/18/carmelo.trade.interest/index.html?eref=sihp

GMEN4EVER
08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
No fact is you have no idea where Melo wants to go. It really is foolish how some of you seem to know what Carmelo Anthony plans are did you have a conversation with him and he told you how he's wanted to be a knick his whole life, or that his wife wants to go there so he's going to go there. Lebron James girlfriend of 10 years didn't want to go to Miami and Lebron still went there. There is a CHANCE that Carmelo wants to go to NY just like there was a CHANCE Lebron did, albeit a good chance but it is still just a chance. Of course after we find out were he goes his thought process becomes clear and we know who had a chance and who didn't just like what happened with Lebron.

This isn't anything like Lebron leaving Cleveland man. In that case, Lebron was leaving home to play with his friends. He could choose one or the other. Here, you have Melo going back home. There's a big difference, that being in the number of destinations. Melo is from NY, grew up in Baltimore (which thankfully doesn't have a team to mess this situation up for NY), played at Syracuse and has openly admitted to loving MSG. His girl wants to be in NY also. He's not going to Chicago or Orlando.

This is all about Denver trying to get other teams in the mix to drive up the cost for the knicks to acquire Melo in trade. I hope the knicks call their bluff and just wait till the off season or pick him up at the trading deadline for practically nothing. No team is going to trade for him without him agreeing to an extension. And I don't see him having any reason to sign an extension somewhere else when he won't even do that in Denver in the first place.

srfr4life
08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Let's say you're Denver and you decide to trade Melo to a team with the best pieces you can find. What team would go with the trade knowing Melo will leave (most likely for NY) during his FA summer?

Let's say Denver decides to keep him for the last year. He leaves for NY during his FA summer. Leaves Denver screwed.

Let's say you make a sign-n-trade with another team cause you know he's going to leave. That gives Melo some leverage with whom he wants to go to and Denver able to negotiate with Melo.

Sign-n-trade... who has the best situation for both the Nuggets and Melo.

Now start debating.

abe_froman
08-18-2010, 02:12 PM
knicks or staying in denver

Stunner
08-18-2010, 02:12 PM
lmao at Knick fans everytime they hear the Bulls name in one of there Trades. Real or fake.

Forbo
08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
I could see him going to Rockets, thats easily a top 5 west team.

BAMF
08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
source?

JDMVP
08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Is this the so called thing that the was reported back during the trevor trade?
There was a report that Houston was preparing for a bigger deal
I got a source
Sports Illustrated, R e a l G M

lakerboy
08-18-2010, 02:18 PM
ESPN's got nothign to report no more. This is crap. I can't wait for the season to start.

BAMF
08-18-2010, 02:20 PM
It is what it is. Untill the season actually starts, all these predictions to me are :bs:

still1ballin
08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
NVM, I just saw it on ESPN.

Pretty dumb to go to the Rockets and Nets.

Forbo
08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/08/18/carmelo.trade.interest/

arkanian215
08-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Should the Denver Nuggets elect to trade Carmelo Anthony, the New York Knicks are believed to be the All-Star forward's first choice for a new home. But they are not his only option.

Multiple league sources familiar with his situation told SI.com that Anthony would also be open to signing a long-term deal with Houston or New Jersey should either of those teams offer the Nuggets an acceptable trade package.

Getting Anthony, 26, to agree to an extension is the key to any deal as he can become a free agent after the 2010-11 season. Denver has offered Anthony a three-year, $65 million extension, but he has balked at signing it and is reportedly looking for a way out. Because acquiring Anthony would require a substantial offer, it is highly unlikely any team would risk making a trade without having Anthony agree to a simultaneous extension.

While resolving Anthony's situation is a priority in Denver, there is no urgency to make a deal quickly. The Denver Post reported in June that the Nuggets were prepared to trade Anthony rather than watch him opt out of his contract next summer. However, the Nuggets are without a general manager after they let go of top basketball executives Mark Warkentien and Rex Chapman.

Former Suns executive David Griffin is believed to be the top candidate to run the basketball operations, but a league source said the Nuggets were still interviewing candidates.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/08/18/carmelo.trade.interest/

Meh it's Mannix. He's trying to give folks the fix they want after the decision except this ain't premium ****.

abe_froman
08-18-2010, 02:26 PM
they have the pieces to get a deal done

VinceCarter
08-18-2010, 02:27 PM
source?

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/8/18/1629190/nets-not-talking-about-melo

DaBUU
08-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Bulls have the most to offer if the FO decides to include Noah. Not sure i'm down with this yet, currently torn.

TheGsw
08-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Carmelo needs to go to the Warriors. lol
Curry/Melo/Lee.

Hawkeye15
08-18-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't think Morey would throw the bank at Melo. Morey uses advanced statistical analysis as much as anyone, and Melo shows weak for a superstar in many categories.

King P
08-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Melo would make the Nets at least a 5 seed in the East.

Immoknight
08-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Bulls have the most to offer if the FO decides to include Noah. Not sure i'm down with this yet, currently torn.

... Bulls fans. Why are you torn on something not considered by anyone at this current time? Your team wasn't mentioned as a candidate... yet you are torn on an already unlikely scenario. Frankly, maybe you like the pain of getting your hopes up over something that at this exact moment seems unlikely before having it dashed away. :confused:

Is that what it is bulls fans? It's tough with some of you guys... VERY tough.

MiamiLoyal926
08-18-2010, 02:33 PM
1) Noah is not just a role player
2) The way to beat the Heat is to have a great rebounding, defensive team. You won't be able to match them in scoring.
3) It's not a no-brainer...unless the Bulls get a very good defensive center in replacement of Noah and his production it's a no-brainer to not package Noah for Anthony

Then... Noah = Starter?

Anthony = All-star

I still say Anthony for Noah is a no-brainer.

Noah for a signed anthony is a steal imo. Now you are asking for a defensive center? Thats call greed.

Salaries complicate the situation and it is not possible for a straight trade, but hypothetically speaking... you must be insane to choose a trio of rose/boozer/noah over rose/melo/boozer.

You are talking about nearly 20 more points in avg. per game while only losing 4 rebounds per game.

You do not say no to the situation if the possibility presents itself.

DaBUU
08-18-2010, 02:34 PM
... Bulls fans. Why are you torn on something not considered by anyone at this current time? Your team wasn't mentioned as a candidate... yet you are torn on an already unlikely scenario. Frankly, maybe you like the pain of getting your hopes up over something that at this exact moment seems unlikely before having it dashed away. :confused:

Is that what it is bulls fans? It's tough with some of you guys... VERY tough.

Knicks fans....make the playoffs one of these years, then come back and talk ur mess.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Just let him expire

VinceCarter
08-18-2010, 02:37 PM

The Nets are easily a top 3 choice and you don't even list them :facepalm:

Here's a couple reads for you:

"Multiple league sources familiar with his situation told SI.com that Anthony would also be open to signing a long-term deal with Houston or New Jersey should either of those teams offer the Nuggets an acceptable trade package, Mannix reported Wednesday afternoon.
Will the Nets make a call? Of course. A Knick official admits their best chance would come in free agency because if there's open bidding for the 6'9" forward, at least 22 teams will call. The likelihood is a lot of them will offer better assets than Eddy Curry, Danilo Gallinari and a 2014 first rounder.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/8/18/1629190/nets-not-talking-about-melo

Net's got the 3rd most votes behind the Knicks and Nuggets....Magic didn't get any votes....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-MeloFuture

Immoknight
08-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Knicks fans....make the playoffs one of these years, then come back and talk ur mess.

... but I am not talking about playoffs. Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? You want to talk about playoffs?

hehe, couldn't resist.

What are you talking about. I am merely wondering why some bulls fans are making packages... or torn about a situation that doesn't exist. Why? It makes no sense to me... like if he was linked to the Timberwolves and other teams. As a Knick fan, I wouldn't go making proposed deals for someone not interested in my team. Yet, that never occurs to some Bulls fans. :confused:

abe_froman
08-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Then... Noah = Starter?

Anthony = All-star

I still say Anthony for Noah is a no-brainer.

Noah for a signed anthony is a steal imo. Now you are asking for a defensive center? Thats call greed.

Salaries complicate the situation and it is not possible for a straight trade, but hypothetically speaking... you must be insane to choose a trio of rose/boozer/noah over rose/melo/boozer.

You are talking about nearly 20 more points in avg. per game while only losing 4 rebounds per game.

You do not say no to the situation if the possibility presents itself.
anthony is a wing and noah is a center,yes melo scores alot but almost the same will be given up on a team with no defensive presence.yes centers matter

seeing who your rooting for,your position is understandable...

VinceCarter
08-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Melo would make the Nets at least a 5 seed in the East.

They could easily offer a great package without including Favors too. :drool:

So much potential. And really if Melo came then CP3 would be a very good possibility. Then they'd be fighting for #1 seed.

BTW I'm just dreaming out loud so don't hate. But I believe it would be a chain reaction. Melo comes CP3 follows...

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Rockets are no better than the Nuggets with Melo.

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 02:45 PM

:laugh:

so true.

arkanian215
08-18-2010, 02:47 PM
I don't think Morey would throw the bank at Melo. Morey uses advanced statistical analysis as much as anyone, and Melo shows weak for a superstar in many categories.

Even though Melo is 11th in PER when restricting the sample to players who play 30+ minutes per game and >500 minutes in the season, (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=per_minute&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=mp_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=30&c2stat=mp&c2comp=gt&c2val=500&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=per) when you look at some of the other stats, he doesn't look like he's worthy of the contract.
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-08-10-StarSF2010.png

The rebounding numbers are a bit misleading though. His overall rebounding rate (http://www.hoopdata.com/defrebstats.aspx?team=%&type=pg&posi=SF&yr=2010&gp=0&mins=30) is higher than the average small forward mostly because of his offensive rebounding rate. His defensive rebounding is less than average.

What?
08-18-2010, 02:49 PM
This isn't anything like Lebron leaving Cleveland man. In that case, Lebron was leaving home to play with his friends. He could choose one or the other. Here, you have Melo going back home. There's a big difference, that being in the number of destinations. Melo is from NY, grew up in Baltimore (which thankfully doesn't have a team to mess this situation up for NY), played at Syracuse and has openly admitted to loving MSG. His girl wants to be in NY also. He's not going to Chicago or Orlando.

This is all about Denver trying to get other teams in the mix to drive up the cost for the knicks to acquire Melo in trade. I hope the knicks call their bluff and just wait till the off season or pick him up at the trading deadline for practically nothing. No team is going to trade for him without him agreeing to an extension. And I don't see him having any reason to sign an extension somewhere else when he won't even do that in Denver in the first place.

Anthony wouldn't even be going home Baltimore is a 3 and a 1/2 hour drive from NY and a 4 1/2 hour flight from Denver not that big of a difference.
How do you know who Carmelo Anthony's friends are and who aren't? You actually think that 7 years with the same team he hasn't formed any bonds or relationships with his team mates. Billups and him reportedly have a very good relationship.

Serious question can you get me a link to where he said in his own words "I love MSG" I don't remeber ever hearing that

DaBUU
08-18-2010, 02:49 PM
... but I am not talking about playoffs. Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? You want to talk about playoffs?

hehe, couldn't resist.

What are you talking about. I am merely wondering why some bulls fans are making packages... or torn about a situation that doesn't exist. Why? It makes no sense to me... like if he was linked to the Timberwolves and other teams. As a Knick fan, I wouldn't go making proposed deals for someone not interested in my team. Yet, that never occurs to some Bulls fans. :confused:

LOL

Its the NBA, every trade possibilty exists. Just cuz we havent really heard the Bulls mentioned, although they do get mentioned in the latest espn article, doesnt mean we couldnt jump into the sweepstakes at any minutes. GarPaxDorf calls up Denver and says we'd like to make a pitch for Melo. How about Noah, Deng, 2011 1st? You think Denver is hanging up the phone? So yes the possibilty does exist.

TheGsw
08-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Melo to the Warriors! You heard it hear first.
:)

Kevj77
08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
for the last time, it isnt up to him, he has no trade clause , we can trade him to the timberwolves for all we care , its not his decision!Wrong he has so much control over where he goes because he can become a FA after this season. No team is going to give up anything of value if Melo tells them he won't sign there. Not that the Nuggets have to give him away. Melo has a lot more leverage then you make it sound.

maddBat
08-18-2010, 02:53 PM

and lastt.... :rolleyes:

Immoknight
08-18-2010, 02:57 PM
LOL

Its the NBA, every trade possibilty exists. Just cuz we havent really heard the Bulls mentioned, although they do get mentioned in the latest espn article, doesnt mean we couldnt jump into the sweepstakes at any minutes. GarPaxDorf calls up Denver and says we'd like to make a pitch for Melo. How about Noah, Deng, 2011 1st? You think Denver is hanging up the phone? So yes the possibilty does exist.

Fair enough, but the factor here is the main reason there is a list. Carmelo has to want to sign an extension and so far, no indication he would for the Bulls. That's the leverage Carmelo holds in all this and its a sizable leverage at that. He can in a nutshell, pick his trade destination by effectively denying a contract extension and leaving a free agent.

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 02:59 PM

I disagree, I would gladly give up Noah to get Melo. But would only do so if Melo is signing a 4-5 year extension as well.

In fact, I'd do this deal

Noah, Deng, Gibson for Melo and Nene.

PG Rose
SG Brewer
SF Melo
PF Boozer
C Nene

BOSTON617

i disagree completly i tihnk he would make the rockets a top 3 seed in the west

rone907
What kills me is you keep talking about Denver can trade Melo to whoever they want to which is true. But he is in the last year of his deal so no team is going to give up a lot of assets for a 1 year rental. So in fact Melo has all the power here because yeah they can trade him but he can leave in the summer to whoever he wants to go to.

DaBUU
08-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Fair enough, but the factor here is the main reason there is a list. Carmelo has to want to sign an extension and so far, no indication he would for the Bulls. That's the leverage Carmelo holds in all this and its a sizable leverage at that. He can in a nutshell, pick his trade destination by effectively denying a contract extension and leaving a free agent.

Up until today, i've thought he was only willing to get dealt to the Knicks. But now that it seems that hes open to a few places, why wouldn't us Bulls fans want our FO to look into it? You are correct that he does hold a bunch of leverage, no way anyone trades for him without agreeing on an extension first. Just like you Knick fans want your team to get better, so do we, but because we're Bulls fans we get harassed about wanting to improve.

shep33
08-18-2010, 03:03 PM
The problem with Melo going to either of those teams is this... He's still a free agent next summer unless they pull out a sign and trade. So he's not a guarantee to stay with those teams. If opportunity comes to play with a better team next year I think he'd take it.

I'm guessing its ultimately down to the Knicks and Nets... the Nets are intriguing because of their move to Brooklyn, NYC's most populated borough, and really he'd be the face of a new franchise. I really think he wants to play in NYC and that's basically his preference.... whether it be the Nets in Brooklyn, or Knicks, I'm guessing its ulitmately down to those 2 teams, and maybe Orlando.

DaBUU
08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I disagree, I would gladly give up Noah to get Melo. But would only do so if Melo is signing a 4-5 year extension as well.

In fact, I'd do this deal

Noah, Deng, Gibson for Melo and Nene.

PG Rose
SG Brewer
SF Melo
PF Boozer
C Nene

I'm leaning this way too JB. I love Noah to death, but Melo is top 5.

IversonIsKrazy
08-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Rockets??? What would it be, Melo/Yao/Brooks trio? Don't understand why he thinks that would be better than Denver.

Nets? A trio of Melo/Brooks/Harris would be very entertaining, but it would never be good enough to compete with Wade/Bosh/Bron trio. So I don't understand why he would want to go to either team.

If he actually wants to go to a team that can compete with the Heat, he should go to...

Portland (Melo/Roy/Miller)
Dallas (Melo/Dirk/Kidd)
San Antonio (Melo/Duncan/Manu)
Orlando (Melo/D12/Nelson)
Chicago (Melo/Rose/Boozer)
New York (Melo/Amare/Parker or Paul)

VinceCarter
I'm leaning this way too JB. I love Noah to death, but Melo is top 5.

A player 13th in PER is not top 5. Unless you meant top 5 SF?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

Immoknight
Up until today, i've thought he was only willing to get dealt to the Knicks. But now that it seems that hes open to a few places, why wouldn't us Bulls fans want our FO to look into it? You are correct that he does hold a bunch of leverage, no way anyone trades for him without agreeing on an extension first. Just like you Knick fans want your team to get better, so do we, but because we're Bulls fans we get harassed about wanting to improve.

Actually, it has absolutely nothing to do with being Bulls fans. It's more to do that it feels like every time a player is mentioned. Bulls fans can't help but stick their noses into it. As if the world revolved around them. Honestly, the world does revolve around us Knick fans, it's been proven. :P Just teasing, we merely get dragged into every player looking into leaving. Bulls fans come in running without ever being called. :P

You are like the kids eavesdropping on adults, then going, "Oh yea, we can top that deal, because he wants to be a Bull. I know he does. He wants to live in Chicago, I know he does. He wants to play with Rose, I KNOW HE DOES! Who wants to go to New York... they sux. boo yah. SCORE! WE ARE THE BEST I TELL YOU!!!!" :rolleyes:

Bellz
08-18-2010, 03:10 PM
That just means our FO should be fired????? According to your OPINION???? My dude, when you have possibly the 2nd worse contract in the NBA [K-Marts 16 mill/yr] on your team, it's QUITE difficult to makes moves at any given time...And guess what, Nuggets did let their FO go, and we have a new FO....So apparently you don't follow the Nuggets enough to be makin any of your conlcusions....

ANd yeah "all we have heard is melo leaning towards leaving", according to unreliable sources....And Melo even said "Unbelievable" on his twitter about all the unreliable sources.

And uhhhh Kobe and Melo situation are very similar, regardless how much you try to break it down and differentiate the two...Kobe made his FO work, and Melo making his FO work, nuff said.

Whatever makes you sleep at night bro. You can't deny that it sound a hell of alot like James last year. And every cav fan said he isn't leaving blah blah. And well look at the cavs now and where is james?

DoJoTheSlasher
08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I bet Denver will resign him 75% chance. This is all hype. 25% chance he goes to NY. And his decision will be held on ESPN2 advertising Mellow Yellow.

smuffins353
08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Rockets??? What would it be, Melo/Yao/Brooks trio? Don't understand why he thinks that would be better than Denver.

Nets? A trio of Melo/Brooks/Harris would be very entertaining, but it would never be good enough to compete with Wade/Bosh/Bron trio. So I don't understand why he would want to go to either team.

If he actually wants to go to a team that can compete with the Heat, he should go to...

Dallas (Melo/Dirk/Kidd)

your an idiot dude, that team would be cold as *******

MacFitz92
08-18-2010, 03:12 PM

This.

VinceCarter
Ignoring the Nets in this is sickening. Just because a team has an off year everybody pretends like they don't exist. :pity:

Stunner
Melo is a top 10 player in the league i would trade Noah for him. Only if he agrees to re-up and we get Birdman or Martin back in the deal.

Young and Stupid
08-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Ignoring the Nets in this is sickening. Just because a team has an off year everybody pretends like they don't exist. :pity:

Don't think the Nets should deal for now, they'd be giving up too much. They should let the situation linger (assuming the Rockets don't snag him and if they do so be it). The Nuggets don't have any leverage and if this exacerbates his value will drop.

Giving up T-Will, Harris, James, draft picks is too much IMO. The most the Knicks can offer is Gallo, Curry's body-bag and a 2013 1st round pick. I believe this is bewteen the Nets, the Knicks and the Nuggets (in terms of likely destinations for him) so the Nets shouldn't bid against themselves.

GMEN4EVER
08-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Gatta remember whatever team he goes to is going to have to give up a ton to get him. He'll be the most sought after trade piece in the league, there's going to be a lot of competition for him. I still think the knicks have the best shot at getting him. They're loaded with valuable trade assets at this point. They've got the depth necessary to pull off a trade while still having plenty of quality players to man the 5 positions for a whole game.

DaBUU
08-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Actually, it has absolutely nothing to do with being Bulls fans. It's more to do that it feels like every time a player is mentioned. Bulls fans can't help but stick their noses into it. As if the world revolved around them. Honestly, the world does revolve around us Knick fans, it's been proven. :P Just teasing, we merely get dragged into every player looking into leaving. Bulls fans come in running without ever being called. :P

You are like the kids eavesdropping on adults, then going, "Oh yea, we can top that deal, because he wants to be a Bull. I know he does. He wants to live in Chicago, I know he does. He wants to play with Rose, I KNOW HE DOES! Who wants to go to New York... they sux. boo yah. SCORE! WE ARE THE BEST I TELL YOU!!!!" :rolleyes:

I dont know about all that and we really cant help how other folks here on PSD perceive us. But like I said earlier, we also want to win a Championship very badly and want our front office to improve our team as best they can, we tasted 6 of them rather recently, say compared to ... the Knicks. :p
Just like everyone else, we want to get the most talent we can cuz that usually translates to success.

thebossandbenji
08-18-2010, 03:19 PM
If i was the Nuggets GM and I have to make a deal with the Knicks for Anthony, I want Gallo to replace Melo at the 3, I want Anthony Randolph to replace K-Mart at the 4 and Eddy Curry's expiring contract. And yes I need both Gallo and Randolph not one or the other, BOTH, u have no 1st round picks to trade till 2014, so i need both guys. U give the Nuggets Gallo, Randolph, Curry's expiring and a 2014 1st rounder, then the Nuggets might do it. Wilson Chandler does not do nothing for Denver, neither does, Tony Douglas when I have Billups and Lawson. They have Billups and Lawson at the 1, JR Smith at the 2, No 3, No 4-K-Mart is done, and Nene at the 5. But Rockets could have the edge in a trade, but if he gets to next summer as a FA, he goes to the Knicks or Wizards without a doubt, more likely the Knicks.

abe_froman
08-18-2010, 03:20 PM

because when healthy yao is one of the top 2 centers in the league...

there's nothing like that in denver

VinceCarter
08-18-2010, 03:23 PM
CP3, Melo, Amare oh my

CP3, Melo, Lopez, and the young guys left over after trades!! :speechless:

DCSportsIsPain
08-18-2010, 03:23 PM
The Nuggets have no leverage.

MrfadeawayJB
08-18-2010, 03:24 PM
If you base it on tradeable assets, houston would be a good destination

VinceCarter
08-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Actually damn it would be something like:

CP3
Morrow
Melo
Emeka
Lopez

WOW.

What?
08-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Here's a trade I like as a bulls fan and Denver probably would take it. throw in a 2011 Charlotte first to Philly and Bulls first to Denver and this trade probably works
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25kmxmv

I doubt Bulls get Anthony though, but there are possibilities and until he signs a contract it could happen

Young and Stupid
08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
If i was the Nuggets GM and I have to make a deal with the Knicks for Anthony, I want Gallo to replace Melo at the 3, I want Anthony Randolph to replace K-Mart at the 4 and Eddy Curry's expiring contract. And yes I need both Gallo and Randolph not one or the other, BOTH, u have no 1st round picks to trade till 2014, so i need both guys. U give the Nuggets Gallo, Randolph, Curry's expiring and a 2014 1st rounder, then the Nuggets might do it. Wilson Chandler does not do nothing for Denver, neither does, Tony Douglas when I have Billups and Lawson. They have Billups and Lawson at the 1, JR Smith at the 2, No 3, No 4-K-Mart is done, and Nene at the 5. But Rockets could have the edge in a trade, but if he gets to next summer as a FA, he goes to the Knicks or Wizards without a doubt, more likely the Knicks.

The Knicks can't trade Randolph until December.

Who has the most assets? The Nets.

Who will he end up with? The Knicks.

THE MTL
08-18-2010, 03:38 PM
I say New York has the most realistic chance after Denver. Denver is still his home team and has 65 million over 3yrs waiting on him with a new CBA agreement. And Denver is a good team (2nd in West).

However, I think that first round playoff loss will have a stinging effect on them this season and they most likely will be looking like another 1st/2nd round playoff exit.

They still arent contenders with the likes of OKC and Portland on the rise.

NYKNYGNYY
08-18-2010, 03:41 PM
i want him to go to ny obviouly, but i can see him paying this year orlando for a last shot at a championship and then playing in ny next season

effen5
08-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Here's a trade I like as a bulls fan and Denver probably would take it. throw in a 2011 Charlotte first to Philly and Bulls first to Denver and this trade probably works
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25kmxmv

I doubt Bulls get Anthony though, but there are possibilities and until he signs a contract it could happen

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2caggex

I would do something more like this

Give Utah our 2nd
Give our first to Denver
2011 Charlotte to Denver

NYKNYGNYY
08-18-2010, 03:46 PM
to bad espn loves hype, we might as well just flip the chances around since espn is wrong 99% of the time, but i still find myself watching it 24 7:confused:

Cano4prez
08-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Hollinger predicted the Wade, Bosh, and James

Hawkeye15
08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I predict ESPN will continue to annoy me

What?
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2caggex

I would do something more like this

Give Utah our 2nd
Give our first to Denver
2011 Charlotte to Denver

I would defiantly do that as a Bulls fan but no way Denver would do that. Only way bulls would get Anthony would be a trade with Noah there essentially just getting cap space for Anthony

Draco
08-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Hard to separate the disinformation from legitimate rumors until someone like SAS comes out and stakes his reputation on the word of a source. If events unfold similarly to how they did this summer then legit rumors won't surface until a month before the 2011 FA.

As far as the speculation goes..

He and his wife are both natives of New York. (Carmelo moved to Baltimore when he was 8.) He played college ball at Syracuse and loves MSG. And, from a purely basketball standpoint, can you imagine a scoring machine like Melo in Mike D'Antoni's high-powered offense? He would become the Knicks' most dynamic wing player since Bernard King, to whom Anthony is often compared, and the Knicks could instantly become contenders.

That's weak sauce.. I have yet to read one good reason for why Melo would want to play for the Knicks.

TehSamurai
08-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Chris Paul hasn't said anything about wanting to go lately, and now the Hornets are going to trade him? Los Angeles? The Mavericks--a team that is in the same division? The Heat? What do the Heat even have to give? :facepalm:

The Hornets didn't just trade Darren Collison just so they would trade Paul next and clear room for Jameer Nelso or whatever nonsense these panelists thinks will happen.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 04:17 PM
How do you get billups now? And no they probably don't beat the Heat or Lakers

for nelson, gives denver another young pg, refer to my original post

beating miami isnt a problem, i dont think L.A or boston, the 2 BEST teams in the nba are worried about them, lol

Arcademaniacs
08-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Anthony will most definitely end up with the Knicks. It's been his dream since he left Syracuse

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 04:19 PM
The most shocking thing for me is that you like teams based on players and not based on the team which makes you a bandwagoner. How do you have 2 favorite NBA and 2 Favorite NFL teams. That is just weird and the fact you hope someone gets traded with your favorite player just so you don't have to see him lose makes yo look like the worst sports fan ever.

dont tell me what teams to follow

been fans of kmart, amare stoudemire, merriman, redsox, giants, carmelo since i been watching sports

so how does following a player make me a bandwagon fan?

and anyways, aren't we all band wagon fans? are we some how born with a team or something??

Slimsim
08-18-2010, 04:19 PM
If the Knicks got CP3 and Melo then that would piss me off so much just for the fact that they are a poorly run franchise and have been for a decade. They dont deserve to automatically become a Finals contender for the next 5-6 years with the amount of bonehead trades, draft selections and signings they have made the last 10 years.

Haters going to Hate.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 04:20 PM
how is it bad for the nets? they have a dominant tio of Devin Harris, Melo & Brook Lopez

yea, but he wont win a ring there, lol

sep11ie
08-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Anthony will most definitely end up with the Knicks. It's been his dream since he left Syracuse

Hi Melo's nuts, welcome to Arcademaniacs mouth.

HakeemTheDream
08-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Melo doesn't have a good future because he doesn't play defense and doesn't have good leadership -- bad qualities to have in the best player on your team.

Cp3 on the other hand is legit, but his flaw is that he's too loyal to an organization that doesn't deserve his loyalty -- they suck! He should leave NO for NY or Phoenix so he can play in a fast paced system that thrives of elite pg's. If a fast paced system can make Nash a back to back MVP, just imagine what it would do for Cp3.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 04:29 PM
to all those talking about the rockets: unless the deal is: melo, balkman for hayes( or buddinger), battier, and jeffries i dont see it happening

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 04:33 PM
and if anyone can honestly tell me that carmelo would rather play with amare stoudemire, and the rest of the crappy players the knicks would have if they traded for carmelo, rather than playign with an MVP candidate on a team that WENT TO THE FINALS, rather than on a team like the knicks whose whole gameplan is just to go score nd play no def.

the knicks have no defenders outside of anthony randolph

and remember knicks fans, this is the guy that DESIGNED plays for jarred jeffries to shoot 3pt shots in the closing minutes of a close game against the kings

this is your coach who decides: "hehe, they will never expect this" wth!

who designs plays for a player that cant shoot to take shots in the closing minutes

this is the coach who in t-mac's first game in NY, designs plays for eddie house to take what? 2 game winning shot attempts against the thunder, while T-MAC WAS HOT!

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Orlando atleast has the best center in the NBA, 2 time def player of the year, and NBA's top rebounder. rather than amare stoudemire who has yet to play a season without a great pg

gud luck there!

raymon felton? WHO? has he proven himself?

not to mention u have to give up what? ur only 3pt shooter left on the team( gallo) for carmelo

starting lineup:

C:Randolph
PF: stoudemire
SF:melo
SG:bill walker
PG:Felton

oh but wait...cp3 is a freeagent in 2012 2 years from now! so what, u gunna convince tony parker to sign a 1yr deal so u can get cp3 the nxt year??

and who is playing center???? a 180 pound pf????

really?

"CHILD PLEASE" if you think carmelo will win in NY anytime soon, you can "Kiss the Baby"

Draco
08-18-2010, 04:42 PM
An Orlando, Miami rivalry could be fun... but yeah.. I really don't get the Knicks/Melo connection from a basketball perspective. They'd never get past the Heat.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 04:46 PM
An Orlando, Miami rivalry could be fun... but yeah.. I really don't get the Knicks/Melo connection from a basketball perspective. They'd never get past the Heat.
they wouldnt get past the hawks with melo on their current roster, lol

DKGiants
08-18-2010, 04:51 PM
CP3, Melo, Lopez, and the young guys left over after trades!! :speechless:

:facepalm: noone is mentioning NJ... terrible franchise.
Dont hate cuz ur in NY's shadow. you guys couldnt even land ONE big FA.. what are you guys working on this year, 18 wins??.. :yawn:

HornetsSolution
08-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Melo doesn't have a good future because he doesn't play defense and doesn't have good leadership -- bad qualities to have in the best player on your team.

Cp3 on the other hand is legit, but his flaw is that he's too loyal to an organization that doesn't deserve his loyalty -- they suck! He should leave NO for NY or Phoenix so he can play in a fast paced system that thrives of elite pg's. If a fast paced system can make Nash a back to back MVP, just imagine what it would do for Cp3.

If NO sucks then what is NY? All of a sudden they are a good team in 2010? They are the only Big Market team that have overpay players to come play for them which is crazy. You can't simply out score teams in the NBA. Doesn't matter how good CP3 would be in NY offense. They don't play defense in his system. Ask Phoenix..

credible55
08-18-2010, 05:03 PM
the nets have the best pieces to offer. harris, favors,williams for melo. if the nuggets wanna blow it up u can do harris,favors,williams, and murphy for melo and billups.

mjqusoldier
08-18-2010, 05:07 PM
and if anyone can honestly tell me that carmelo would rather play with amare stoudemire, and the rest of the crappy players the knicks would have if they traded for carmelo, rather than playign with an MVP candidate on a team that WENT TO THE FINALS, rather than on a team like the knicks whose whole gameplan is just to go score nd play no def.

the knicks have no defenders outside of anthony randolph

and remember knicks fans, this is the guy that DESIGNED plays for jarred jeffries to shoot 3pt shots in the closing minutes of a close game against the kings

this is your coach who decides: "hehe, they will never expect this" wth!

who designs plays for a player that cant shoot to take shots in the closing minutes

this is the coach who in t-mac's first game in NY, designs plays for eddie house to take what? 2 game winning shot attempts against the thunder, while T-MAC WAS HOT!

Sounds like someone is mad that hes about to lose the only good thing that has ever happened to that franchise lol its ok I feel your pain. Maybe J.R. Smith will lead you to the promise land lmao nott

Pierzynski4Prez
08-18-2010, 05:08 PM
ESPN waited so long for the 2010 FA class assuming Lebron was going to NY along with others. And now the season is getting ready to begin, all they can talk about is 2011 and the knicks getting melo and/or paul.

I guess people only want to talk or read about speculations of what MAY happen in the future instead of what is right in front of us.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
the nets have the best pieces to offer. harris, favors,williams for melo. if the nuggets wanna blow it up u can do harris,favors,williams, and murphy for melo and billups.

kool, so melo can go play with billups, and brook lopez

real championship squad there, whoop* whoop*!

if the nets have to give up harris, it defeats the whole purpose of melo leaving, unless melo is willing to wait a year, and trust that cp3 will sign with them

but orlando/chicago are still the best options

but in terms of the nuggets, we would love that trade for the future

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 05:10 PM
i could care less, by the end of this season im not gunna be a nugget fan anyways, unless kmart resigns, which he probably wont, to go sign with a contending team for the MLE or less :)

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Sounds like someone is mad that hes about to lose the only good thing that has ever happened to that franchise lol its ok I feel your pain. Maybe J.R. Smith will lead you to the promise land lmao nott

basically, to me, i want whats best for the league in terms of competition, which is either: stay in denver, go to chicago or orlando

thats all, and to take kmart with him, lmao, im not watching all 82 games of a team led by billups, kmart and al harrington, lol, not happening here!

credible55
08-18-2010, 05:19 PM
didnt say they the nets will win. i am from chicago(luv the bulls). but if he wants to play in NY. there is only 2choices. Knicks or nets. and the nets wit chauncey, morrow,melo,?pf, LOpez is better then knicks. now if he willing to sign wit bulls. offer deng,johnson,gibson, 2011 1st, and charlotte's first

sofargone
08-18-2010, 05:22 PM
He'll stay with Denver for this season and will sign with New York next year.

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 05:22 PM
as long as denver gets sumthing gud back so we can compete this year if we dont have him, im gud wit it

Kingdre619
08-18-2010, 05:23 PM
He'll stay with Denver for this season and will sign with New York next year.
thank you for answering my question, because he can sign with them in FEBUARY, wait...thats not right!

read what this thread is about please, who can get him NOW, not in free agency

Jewelz0376
08-18-2010, 05:54 PM
I dont know why the Nuggets would wait...they might as well trade him before the season starts and get it over with... I don't think they will trade Billups without Melo, even though they should because I doubt Billups would be feeling playing on a borderline playoff team...I think the Orl Den trade that the op came up with is a good one...I don't know if the contract match up but I'm assuming they do... If i were Magic I would do that trade in a hearbeat....same with Den

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 05:55 PM
ESPN waited so long for the 2010 FA class assuming Lebron was going to NY along with others. And now the season is getting ready to begin, all they can talk about is 2011 and the knicks getting melo and/or paul.

I guess people only want to talk or read about speculations of what MAY happen in the future instead of what is right in front of us.

Melo to NY is more logical since he is from there.

Draco
08-18-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't know of any NBA players that made a contract decision primarily because a particular team plays in his home town. Not Wade, not Lebron, not Bosh...

SouthSideRookie
08-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Whatever makes you sleep at night bro. You can't deny that it sound a hell of alot like James last year. And every cav fan said he isn't leaving blah blah. And well look at the cavs now and where is james?

Yeah and James left his home to a better situation in his opinion, so why would Melo go home if there are other destinations that would offer him a realistic shot at a ring, when you compare other teams with Melo vs him with the Knicks, NY doesn't come at the top of list for a team that would offer Carmelo a realistic legitimate chance to play for a contender.

BenFrank
08-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Just saw this over on Espn... If he goes to Houston.. that would be a top2 seed in the west... Morey is a smart man.. he wouldn't gut our team for him.. and we still have more to offer than New York or New Jersey

SouthSideRookie
08-18-2010, 07:28 PM
This.

Put the crack pipe down :facepalm:

Jaji
08-18-2010, 07:31 PM

You've been peddling this idea for a while now lol.

Jaji
08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
and lastt.... :rolleyes:

:laugh2: classic

SouthSideRookie
08-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Just saw this over on Espn... If he goes to Houston.. that would be a top2 seed in the west... Morey is a smart man.. he wouldn't gut our team for him.. and we still have more to offer than New York or New Jersey

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Rockets put a package together for Melo and the 2 picks that they got from the Knicks would be what sealed the deal.

Klivlend
08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I could see him going to Rockets, thats easily a top 5 west team.

The Nuggets are easily a top 5 west team...I don't get it.

Klivlend
08-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Carmelo needs to go to the Warriors. lol
Curry/Melo/Lee.

That would be one hell of a team to watch. It would be fun. I'm down for it, haha

John Walls Era
08-18-2010, 07:48 PM

Explain? Houston has much better depth at almost every position. He would be an excellent fit with the Rockets:

Aaron Brooks - Kevin Martin - Carmelo Anthony - Luis Scola - Yao Ming

Then Lowry, Battier, Lee, Miller, Hayes, Budinger comes off the bench... Houston would definitely be a top team in the west.

koreancabbage
08-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Explain? Houston has much better depth at almost every position. He would be an excellent fit with the Rockets:

Then Lowry, Battier, Lee, Miller, Hayes, Budinger comes off the bench... Houston would definitely be a top team in the west.

BUAHAHA you're forgetting what you have to give up to get Melo- and a pretty hefty price tag within the same conference as well

IversonIsKrazy
08-18-2010, 08:02 PM
because when healthy yao is one of the top 2 centers in the league...

there's nothing like that in denver

And can u say that Yao being healthy has a very big chance of happening?? Please, Rockets would maybe be a SLIGHT better if that than what he has in Denver. If he does want out (which I hope not) he should go to one of the teams I listed before.

AddiX
08-18-2010, 08:03 PM

Rockets got a solid team. But Brooks is a undersized SG, and Ming is most likely done until he proves otherwise. I like Scola a lot but he's not making anyone go there. And no team has shown they can win with Martin. He's talented for sure but he doesn't seem to fit in any team's game plan.

IversonIsKrazy
08-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Dallas (Melo/Dirk/Kidd)

Those are all trios that are better than Melo/Yao/Brooks

Niro
08-18-2010, 08:09 PM
yes trade ellis+expiring contracts (12 mill or something)+5 second round picks+ nba2k11 and 2 rockstars for melo :D

JordansBulls
08-18-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't know of any NBA players that made a contract decision primarily because a particular team plays in his home town. Not Wade, not Lebron, not Bosh...

Yeah, true. But I believe if Rose wasn't here, Wade would have come.

lilboytwister99
08-18-2010, 08:14 PM
The problem with Melo going to either of those teams is this... He's still a free agent next summer unless they pull out a sign and trade. So he's not a guarantee to stay with those teams. If opportunity comes to play with a better team next year I think he'd take it.

I'm guessing its ultimately down to the Knicks and Nets... the Nets are intriguing because of their move to Brooklyn, NYC's most populated borough, and really he'd be the face of a new franchise. I really think he wants to play in NYC and that's basically his preference.... whether it be the Nets in Brooklyn, or Knicks, I'm guessing its ulitmately down to those 2 teams, and maybe Orlando.

If he was to go to the Rockets, trust me, Morey would lock him down. He would have him for at least 5 years.

And for those who say Denver is better than a Yao/Melo/Brooks trio........ nah..... not close.

I know the Rockets are gonna make a blockbuster trade this season, and perhaps this might be what will happen. Who really knows.

Although in all honesty, I see Melo going to New York. I'd love to see the Knicks back in the playoff picture someday.

fadedmario
08-18-2010, 08:28 PM
The Nets can offer a better deal than the Rockets or Knicks IMO. Carmelo could end up in Jersey.

jrm2054
08-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Melo wants to leave to go to new york meaning the only places are knicks and nets i think the nets can offer the better package and still be a good team with him and i honestly see CP3 following him where he gos which will be the knicks or new york nets

Verbal Christ
08-18-2010, 08:40 PM
love the ASSumptions about yao, brilliant stuff guys, what will be your way out if he does 'revert' back to 20/10 status? add to that a dynamic player like melo, who is eager to take a last shot and isnt afraid to miss it, exactly what this team needs. i would say brooks would be part of the deal since his contract is up soon and they just paid kyle lowry starters money. with kevin martin,courtney lee,kyle lowry,luis scola and yao ming the rockets would have everybody in the penalty around the 6 minute mark. doubt darryl morey even has to knock denver's socks off - either take a nice package of young talent,veterans,expiring and future draft considerations or get junk in return from the other teams involved.

goose15
08-18-2010, 08:44 PM
100% wont be the Bulls

Bishnoff
08-18-2010, 08:49 PM
NVM, I just saw it on ESPN.

Pretty dumb to go to the Rockets and Nets.

I reckon Melo would be a great fit with the Rockets.

Bucsfan
08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
i would like to see melo on the nets...dunno why....knicks too...

the real question is who can offer something good for him?

bmd1101
08-18-2010, 08:57 PM

Carter's final year isn't fully Guarenteed, if hes waived before 2011/2012 season hes only due 4 million.

Bornknick73
08-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Carmelo is gonna end up where he wants to go plain and simple. They can trade him anywhere, this is true. But what team is gonna trade for him if he wont sign a long term extension? Players have more control over where they get traded to than you think.

No team is gonna trade future pieces for a 1 year rental player and everyone here knows it. So Melo has full control of where he ends up. If he signs the extension then his trade value is much higher. But if he isnt extended the trading partners fall dramatically.

j-bay
08-18-2010, 09:04 PM
i don't get it the wizards would be a better pieces,closer to home, plus if the nets want melo they would have to tade harris or lopez, with the wizards you could oput some young talent like al thorton in there

Giants88
08-18-2010, 09:10 PM

bwahahaha

Knicks21
08-18-2010, 09:14 PM

What have u been living in a cave for the last two weeks. he clearly wants out of nuggets. And knicks are very high on his list of teams. :facepalm:

SNYmets86
08-18-2010, 09:14 PM
everyone uses the knicks to get wat they want .. that's how it's been , if he really wants the knicks he will make the effort in comin , but i see a couple of teams that can grab him , bulls,magic,hornets,nets, the good thing about this he aint going to be such a diva like lebron

carlo4444
08-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Cant see him going to the rockets or nets not worth leaving denver for. Knicks is the only place i see him going...he wouldnt go through all this trouble to end up at the rockets or nets they wont be in any better postion to win than the nuggets now...although give the nets a year or two and they will be dangerous.

SNYmets86
08-18-2010, 09:17 PM
What have u been living in a cave for the last two weeks. he clearly wants out of nuggets. And knicks are very high on his list of teams. :facepalm:

bosh was very high on us and the nets , and what happend??

His wife lala is the one that is craving for ny that i know off

DenButsu
08-18-2010, 09:20 PM
bwahahaha

So I assume by your laughter that you're inclined to believe the rumors about Melo wanting to leave the Nuggets. I guess, then, you're probably also inclined to believe the latest rumors, that it's not only the Knicks, but also the Nets (which, I don't think I need to remind you, is essentially a New York team), the Magic and the Rockets (and possibly more) that Melo would be willing to play for.

So, assuming all of the above to be true (which, if you want to believe rumors, we should believe all of them, since cherry picking only those we wish to believe would be a bit foolish), then we have at LEAST four teams, possibly (probably) more, in competition with each other for the Melo sweepstakes.

So go take a good, hard look at those rosters. The truth that you'll find there is that the Knicks are not, in fact, in a position to put the best package together. In fact, that other "New York" team has a lot more to offer (the Nuggets will want a center out of this).

So bwahaha all you want. But remember the big picture and NBA history, and which team usually does not get the last laugh (as proven once again earlier this summer).

heattiltheend94
08-18-2010, 09:22 PM
What about Houston? That is my choice, and I doubt he goes to any of the other places. Nets and Knicks don't have a good enough package to entice Denver.
When did anyone say anything about Bulls?

Knicks21
08-18-2010, 09:24 PM

1. These trades arent going to happen. You've made it so Nuggets get a good deal, lets face it, you accept a trade that a team is giving you (which wont be much, a few prospects for the future) or u loose him in free agency. Organisations such as the knicks and bull and magic arent stupid. Why would they give you a whole lot for something they can get for free in a year? ]
2. Rashard Lewis, Vince Carter? These players are too old, you're trying to rebuild the team not ruin it.
3. All these starting lineups youve projected are playoff team starting lineup,i mean i know im a knicks fan but seriously Nelson, Carter, and lewis isnt a good team. Both lewis and carter are past there prime and ur not sure with jameer because of injury.
4. Why do you have bass starting over harrington in your projected lineup from the trade from the magic?
IMO

VinceCarter
08-18-2010, 09:25 PM
yea, but he wont win a ring there, lol

:eyebrow: And he will with the Knicks? :laugh2:

thekmp211
08-18-2010, 09:29 PM
the nets would be an interesting fit. neither of those teams, to me, represent big upgrades over his current situation. the talent is just younger in new jersey. man oh man would he be scary in orlando. the knicks and amare still seem like a bigger draw to me, but that depends on the offers.

carlo4444
08-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Seems like to me the only place worth going to (if he will leave denver) is the knicks. I cant see him leaving denver to whind up at jersey or houston. Real franchise players stay at their team through ups and downs and to me i dont see why you leave denver if most of the time spent there were ups. Although i do see age kicking in for denver they will have cap room or expires to work with in the future. Just stay melo dont be a lebron...

bedford1829
08-18-2010, 09:36 PM
I want Melo with the Knicks in the worst way and have since he came into the league.

However, I am torn between two potential approaches the Knicks can pursue in the attempt to attain him

1. Trade for him now

Pro:

Get the guy you want and avoid potential other teams from joining the race
Take the next step in rebuilding by competing sooner rather than later
Eddie Curry finally out of a Knicks as the Nuggest will probably want an expiring contract to create more cap space

Con:

Potential loss of Galinari, Chandler, etc who could be nice complimentary pieces

2. Wait til the offseason to pursue Melo after he opts out

Pro:

Maintain core of young players to put around Amare, Melo, and other FA that joins them

Con:

Leave the door open for him to change his mind and take the extension to stay in Denver
Leave an opportunity for other teams to step and become potential Melo suiters (i.e. Orlando, NJ, Wash)

masalex1205
08-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Melo doesn't have a trade clause so he's traded to whoever can give up the most for him (Minny if thats where Denver decides to send him)

bahama0811
08-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Melo doesn't have a trade clause so he's traded to whoever can give up the most for him (Minny if thats where Denver decides to send him)

You are correct. However, most teams won't trade for him because he most likely wouldn't sign a contract extension with a bad team. I don't see them trading him to anyone in the WC.

Hawkeye15
08-18-2010, 10:14 PM
lots of overrating going on here, and that means you Melo fans, AND Houston fans.

Hawkeye15
08-18-2010, 10:16 PM

well, in theory, fine. But Melo holds plenty of leverage. He can scare any team he wants off by simply saying, "I won't resign long term there"
So while I would love Minny to get him, what would be the point? One year rental to give our pick to LAC, and trade away a good portion of our young core to start all over again? No thanks

Verbal Christ
08-18-2010, 10:36 PM
im sure darryl morey knows all about overrating and wont pay top dollar for melo regardless of the bidding war, if denver wants to feel they are screwing anybody over they can just request both knicks picks the rockets have and ship him down here, but it wont be a rental if morey is involved, bet that.

Hawkeye15
08-18-2010, 10:41 PM
im sure darryl morey knows all about overrating and wont pay top dollar for melo regardless of the bidding war, if denver wants to feel they are screwing anybody over they can just request both knicks picks the rockets have and ship him down here, but it wont be a rental if morey is involved, bet that.

x2

Atownballa5
08-18-2010, 10:52 PM
The Decision Part 2...

TheGsw
08-18-2010, 10:58 PM
You've been peddling this idea for a while now lol.

Yea i know, it makes me feel good just thinking about it or writting it. LMAO

VinceCarter
08-18-2010, 11:02 PM

Dallas (Melo/Dirk/Kidd)

If you're going to say that you might as well add a ton of other teams.

You might as well make the Nets trio CP3/Melo/Lopez and that trio would be the best of all of the teams listed.

JamaicanYouth
08-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Your juss plain stupid if u think Houston wouldnt be a better team with melo than denver Yao>Nene easily Scola>Martin easily Martin>afflalo easily and houston bench way better than denvers come on a starting 5 of Yao,Scola,Melo,Martin,and Brooks would kill any other starting 5 besides the lakers

oak2455
08-18-2010, 11:10 PM
[/B]

If you're going to say that you might as well add a ton of other teams.

You might as well make the Nets trio CP3/Melo/Lopez and that trio would be the best of all of the teams listed.

who are you giving up to get Melo, thats if he wants to play in Newark NJ:D