PDA

View Full Version : No. 12 pick Xavier Henry remains unsigned

MrfadeawayJB
08-17-2010, 10:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5472219&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

What are your thoughts?

CityofChaos
08-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Trade him if theyre not going to sign him. There are plenty of teams that could use him and that have trade exceptions

mzgrizz
08-19-2010, 11:58 AM
If we don't sign him; that's the second year in a row that we have gotten zilch from our first round picks. Granted Thabeet has NOW shown some promise; but this guy Henry's head is so pumped up,you wonder if they scout for arrogance and attitude past ability.
He already disgusts me and if he plays , I'm sure a lot of us ticketholders will let him know. *********** !

COOLbeans
08-19-2010, 02:41 PM
The Warriors will take him off your hands.

CityofChaos
08-19-2010, 02:45 PM
If we don't sign him; that's the second year in a row that we have gotten zilch from our first round picks. Granted Thabeet has NOW shown some promise; but this guy Henry's head is so pumped up,you wonder if they scout for arrogance and attitude past ability.
He already disgusts me and if he plays , I'm sure a lot of us ticketholders will let him know. *********** !

Why? Its not his fault that mangament is not willing to cough up the money that all rookies are making. Plus, even Memphis' late 1st rounder Greivis Vasquez is holding off for the same reason.

icon1914
08-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I will not blame anyone but the Grizz for this situtiation.

It's hard enough being a small market team, the last thing you want to be known for is trying to save a nickel at the expense of a player. This is all over $340, 000... And while I'm not acting like that is small, it should not be an issue for a professional sports team to cough up... but instead they choose to fight with a Kid and his agent over it... It just looks bad.

I can't blame Henry for wanting all he can get, but I don't get why The Grizz are fighting him over this. Henry could provide a solid lift off the bench... Something that could possibly put them over the hump this year, but they do this? Isn't this the same team that maxed out Gay without a second thought?

Bad move for the Grizz.

MrfadeawayJB
08-19-2010, 04:56 PM
I will not blame anyone but the Grizz for this situtiation.

It's hard enough being a small market team, the last thing you want to be known for is trying to save a nickel at the expense of a player. This is all over $340, 000... And while I'm not acting like that is small, it should not be an issue for a professional sports team to cough up... but instead they choose to fight with a Kid and his agent over it... It just looks bad.

I can't blame Henry for wanting all he can get, but I don't get why The Grizz are fighting him over this. Henry could provide a solid lift off the bench... Something that could possibly put them over the hump this year, but they do this? Isn't this the same team that maxed out Gay without a second thought?

Bad move for the Grizz.

Well that 340k is more over the course of 4 or 5 years...but the incentives are very acheivable and his agent is the one telling him not to accept it.On Heisley's defense, he has been burned by draft picks in the past (IE thabeet, carroll) The worst part about it is that it hurts our chances with future free agents and draft picks.

CityofChaos
08-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Well that 340k is more over the course of 4 or 5 years...but the incentives are very acheivable and his agent is the one telling him not to accept it.On Heisley's defense, he has been burned by draft picks in the past (IE thabeet, carroll) The worst part about it is that it hurts our chances with future free agents and draft picks.

True, but almost every team has had their fair share of bad draft picks in the past so that shouldnt be Heisley's excuse when it comes to situations like this.

Brailleman
08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Is there any chance he was drafted just for insurance in case Gay walked? Mayo and Gay are young and i would be hesitant too to throw max at a player that will likely never be a starter on this team even though max is so small for this rookie. I'm sure a lot of teams will be willing to give up some nice pieces to get him. Looks like the Raps don't have a chance at the playoffs this year so i'm hoping my second favorite team gives me that playoff action. Good Luck.

icon1914
08-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Actually it's 3 to 4 years on a rookie contract... But that is beside the point. We are talking nickels and dimes to a pro team that just maxed out a player before he even got an offer sheet.

And how has Heisley been burned by rookies? Did they take the money and run... Or, like the majority of rookies, did they have lackluster seasons? How is that getting burned? If he was so afraid of rookies then he should have traded the pick.

Heisly should loosen up the purse strings and stop trying to scapegoat some kid when he needs to fire the person that thought drafting a 7-2 project with the number 2 pick made sense when you guys already have a center capable of putting up double doubles.

No matter what this looks bad on the Grizzlies part... Even if this good business in terms of money, it's bad business in terms of image.

Big Quett
08-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Actually it's 3 to 4 years on a rookie contract... But that is beside the point. We are talking nickels and dimes to a pro team that just maxed out a player before he even got an offer sheet.

And how has Heisley been burned by rookies? Did they take the money and run... Or, like the majority of rookies, did they have lackluster seasons? How is that getting burned? If he was so afraid of rookies then he should have traded the pick.

Heisly should loosen up the purse strings and stop trying to scapegoat some kid when he needs to fire the person that thought drafting a 7-2 project with the number 2 pick made sense when you guys already have a center capable of putting up double doubles.

No matter what this looks bad on the Grizzlies part... Even if this good business in terms of money, it's bad business in terms of image.

Well he would be firing himself because he was the only guy in the FO office that wanted him.

MrfadeawayJB
08-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Well he would be firing himself because he was the only guy in the FO office that wanted him.

LoL thats true....instead of bringing it up again and again, he just tries to make Xavier pay for it. But i'm not sure why teams dont do 100% salaries with 20% incentives more often...it seems to me that everyone is getting 120%

roygconner
08-23-2010, 03:30 PM
What would you guys think of trading him or OJ Mayo to Denver for JR Smith?

MrfadeawayJB
08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm not a big fan of OJ for JR...maybe xavier's rights?

I Am Awesome-O
08-23-2010, 05:02 PM
What would you guys think of trading him or OJ Mayo to Denver for JR Smith?

Gross.

Rego247
08-24-2010, 12:22 AM
as a raps fan id be more than willing to take him off ur hands lol. but i hope this ends well for both parties, i hope x gets to play somewhere and grizz get something for him. cuz it doesnt look like both sides will be agreeing anytime soon.

mrgajones1
08-26-2010, 12:52 PM
He turned his back on the city once already. i say trade him for true proven PG and a PF.

COOLbeans
08-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins for Xavier Henry and Marc Gasol

I Am Awesome-O
08-26-2010, 09:22 PM

:puke:

COOLbeans
08-27-2010, 01:32 AM
whatever guy. Monta is a proven NBA player and you're pu puing this trade? Gasol is an upgrade for the Warriors but so is Monta for the Grizzlies. Your team actually gets better! Gasol is good, but is he really a difference maker?

Rndy
08-27-2010, 01:13 PM
whatever guy. Monta is a proven NBA player and you're pu puing this trade? Gasol is an upgrade for the Warriors but so is Monta for the Grizzlies. Your team actually gets better! Gasol is good, but is he really a difference maker?

.617 ts% 581 eFG% TRB% 15.1 in no way do they get better trading someone like this. Ellis hasn't been good in two years. His numbers have been pretty crappy. I wish Golden State wasn't run so poorly, I'm sure the Bulls would have loved to grab Morrow, for a draft pick let alone for nothing!

Big Quett
08-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Then why you do it then? Nobody wants Biedrins brittle body. And a player that is so self absorbed that he actually thinks he is the 2nd best player in the league? Monta is nothing but a chunker.

22 shots per game for 25.5 points? anybody in the league can do that.

icon1914
08-27-2010, 06:59 PM
He turned his back on the city once already. i say trade him for true proven PG and a PF.

What do you mean by "proven"?

I don't believe the rights to Henry alone will net the Grizz anyone better than they have in their starting five.... Anyone you get for Henry will most likely be a player who has already reached his (most likely below to average) ceiling... Or it will be for another unproven player... Until he plays a few NBA games, Henry is not going to have much value.

Memphis could roll the dice and trade him for a 2011 first round pick to a team projected to be in the lottery next year... But that should not be the move of a team looking for a playoff push... This whole situation makes no sense. Give him the money.

sf-fanatic
08-29-2010, 03:32 AM
Ekpe Udoh for Xavier Henry

Thefuture7
08-29-2010, 04:11 PM
The GM needs to stop being cheap and give him the money all the other rookies are making

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Is there any chance he was drafted just for insurance in case Gay walked? Mayo and Gay are young and i would be hesitant too to throw max at a player that will likely never be a starter on this team even though max is so small for this rookie. I'm sure a lot of teams will be willing to give up some nice pieces to get him. Looks like the Raps don't have a chance at the playoffs this year so i'm hoping my second favorite team gives me that playoff action. Good Luck.Not saying you guys have a chance. But he could be a young piece part of a Melo trade. Not saying Melo wants to be traded to Memphis. But I think a Henry and ZBO for Melo and JR maybe? Didn't check the depth chart could be a over load with JR. Could pitch him to a third team for a big? Ya might have to toss in a future pick too hard to say. Depends how desperate Denver gets. If it reaches trade deadline then ya could get your way with them. IMO

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins for Xavier Henry and Marc GasolI wouldnt for Memphis sake. Even though im not a fan of either team. Gasol is the glue. I would deal one of the wings or ZBO. ZBO is a beast but he will command a big contract ya could lose him. Hard to say. AB is a lousy contract and injury prone. So thats a huge risk. Why Memphis take AB any way? They have Gasol why trade him? If I was Memphis I build around him and try and lure back ZBO and go from there. Now if I was Memphis I package Henry and Jaric and try and rip a team off. lol Jaric is a expiring. Unless he was bought out? Havent kept up on the news much of Memphis.

mzgrizz
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM

You aren't serious, right?
EVERYBODY would love to rip off another Gasol, but I don't think you'll see that anytime soon.

iFYouSeekAmy
09-06-2010, 10:19 PM
.617 ts% 581 eFG% TRB% 15.1 in no way do they get better trading someone like this. Ellis hasn't been good in two years. His numbers have been pretty crappy. I wish Golden State wasn't run so poorly, I'm sure the Bulls would have loved to grab Morrow, for a draft pick let alone for nothing!

Then why you do it then? Nobody wants Biedrins brittle body. And a player that is so self absorbed that he actually thinks he is the 2nd best player in the league? Monta is nothing but a chunker.

22 shots per game for 25.5 points? anybody in the league can do that.
Because he was the team's 1st option. Look at this 07-08 stats when he wasn't the 1st option... and him ending up in Memphis would allow him to be the team's 2nd or 3rd scoring option. Plus, this year he was playing with a team full of D-Leaguers, who can't do ****. you know what, talk to Hawkeye or Tredigs about Monta Ellis, they've been thru this too many times now. As for Anthony Morrow, a draft pick? Didn't Warriors get that from CJ Watson? Warriors got a trade exception, which is better than nothing.