PDA

View Full Version : That player got no hops!

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Players that are not gifted athlete but use their high IQ and skills to get it done

Ex:
luis scola
nash
gasol brothers

vs

Players that are freak athlete but have no or very low IQ and skills
(not talking about lbj because he has very high basketball IQ and skill, players like him)(no stars)

Ex:
tyrus thomas
Stromile swift
Shannon brown
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

Which one would you rather draft?
who else are few others

shep33
08-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Players that are not gifted athlete but use their high IQ and skills to get it done

Ex:
luis scola
nash
gasol brothers

vs

(not talking about lbj because he has very high basketball IQ and skill, players like him)(no stars)

Ex:
tyrus thomas
Stromile swift
Shannon brown

who else are few others

I'm just gonna say this... look at your list

Scola, Pau and Marc Gasol, Steve Nash

vs.

Shannon Brown, Ty Thomas, Stromile Swift

Haha man you just answered your own question. I like the question though, really good topic that goes unnoticed sometimes. Give me a guy with smarts and skill over an athlete any day.

Korman12
08-17-2010, 10:44 PM

Ex:
luis scola
nash
gasol brothers

vs

Ex:
tyrus thomas
Stromile swift
Shannon brown

who else are few others

You answered your own question with the player comparisons.

Pau is an above average athlete for a 7 footer, by the way. There are few big men in the league that can run like him.

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-17-2010, 10:45 PM
haha maybe i should put some players in the second list guys like d howard he as enough skills to get his but doesn't really have post moves

Josh smith?

Gators123
08-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Chauncey Billups

Ragun
08-18-2010, 01:23 AM
haha maybe i should put some players in the second list guys like d howard he as enough skills to get his but doesn't really have post moves

Josh smith?

???

:pity:

dirk? zbo? david lee, kaman, bogut, timmy D? perkins?

and now for guys with hops: joey graham and deandre jordan need to be on that list.

DerekRE_3
08-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Well as far as not being able to jump goes...Brad Miller.

John Walls Era
08-18-2010, 01:25 AM
Add Shane Battier. He uses fundamentals and bball IQ to guard players.

Hellcrooner
08-18-2010, 01:26 AM
rudy gay should be in the Briainless Athletes list .

shep33
08-18-2010, 01:29 AM

Josh smith?

I know what your saying though, I'd take IQ still. Athletics only last so long, but IQ lasts throughout your career.

Shady66
08-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Jared Dudley has absolutely no hops, but he gets rebounds by great timing, and positioning. He needs to be pretty much on a halfcourt break away to get a dunk lol

JabberJaw
08-18-2010, 01:43 AM
How are u going to say "no stars" for the "athletic and dumb" class, and then list Pau and Nash under "high IQ and low athleticism"? Last time I checked those guys were stars. Plus, both of them are toward the top of the skill portion for their position. Nash's handles and balance are very good. And Pau is very athletic, with great feet for a "true big man". They just don't jump out of the gym. Since you listed stars for the ALL IQ team, then might as well list stars, such as J. Smith, Dwight, and Rudy Gay on the lower IQ and higher vert team. Good discussion, none the less, though. It just needs some fine tuning.

Hellcrooner
08-18-2010, 04:08 AM
in this matter.

Grizzlies one year Gasol is the leader he has a core , one iof his members is Shane Battier. they make playoffs.
The following year, same cores and leader but funny Battier gets traded for Rudy Gay.

Lottery.

something to think about , definetly.

abe_froman
08-18-2010, 04:15 AM
iq

masTOR_shake1
08-18-2010, 04:25 AM
steve nash IS a gifted athleat. I appreciate what you're saying (he's not going to posterize anybody) but he has freakish cardio and hand-eye coordination. Apparently he ran sprints longer than anyone on team canada's basketball team could run half pace :speechless:.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Luke Walton, the guy can't jump

Here's the proof (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo1XBhbn0mQ)

Kashmir13579
08-18-2010, 04:38 AM
ummm hakim warrick has freakish hops, nate robinson.

Kashmir13579
08-18-2010, 04:40 AM
steve nash IS a gifted athleat. I appreciate what you're saying (he's not going to posterize anybody) but he has freakish cardio and hand-eye coordination. Apparently he ran sprints longer than anyone on team canada's basketball team could run half pace :speechless:.

gotta love the nashman

Big Quett
08-18-2010, 05:03 AM
???

:pity:

dirk? zbo? david lee, kaman, bogut, timmy D? perkins?

and now for guys with hops: joey graham and deandre jordan need to be on that list.

As a Grizz fan i have to vote for Big Zach. He has absolutely no hops. I mean the guy barley gets off the ground. And yet he lead the league in offensive rebounds and points in the paint. I think the Grizz announcers said he had like 5 dunks for the season. And i dont think he had that many.