PDA

View Full Version : Link to see Jays game for those shafted by Sportsnet One

the_lazy_man
08-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi everybody,

I dont know about anyone else, but I am one of those shafted by Sportsnet One as I have Bell Express Vu.

Anyways, I do not know if many go to myp2p.eu forums to watch the jays game, but I am here to provide a link so you guys can watch it.

This link should work, if you dont know about it already, just click on the link then download stream torrent, i pretty much watch every jays game here.

ENJOY!

StayOnBoard
08-17-2010, 06:21 PM
I love you

/gives baby

jon32
08-17-2010, 06:30 PM
**** sportsnet 1!!!! Thanks for the link man

Halladay
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
You might wanna keep that on DL. I feel you though, I also have Bell and what seems like every channel available to mankind yet I can't even get this cashgrab channel the geniuses came up with at Rogers.

Converged
08-17-2010, 08:46 PM
You guys need to be more understanding of Rogers. They have to put the Jays game on Sportsnet One. This channel is greatly needed...how else would Sportsnet be able to show outstanding programming such as Poker re-reruns, Air Racing, or Connected while a Jays game is on? It's just waaaaay too much content to have on 4 regional channels. I hope by moving Jays to Sportsnet One, the regional channels can pick up some more great programming such as Ping pong, darts, and shuffleboard.

Halladay
08-17-2010, 08:49 PM
^You forgot to mention that they're showing OTHER A.L EAST RIVALS while we can't even watch our own team. What a joke.

nstojic
08-17-2010, 08:52 PM
^^ well, TSN runs bowling every once in a while... gotta keep up with the joneses, i guess :D

nstojic
08-17-2010, 08:53 PM
^You forgot to mention that they're showing OTHER A.L EAST RIVALS while we can't even watch our own team. What a joke.

that's like RapsTV airing the summer league games of everyone BUT the raps hahaha

Converged
08-17-2010, 09:17 PM

Oh, you're lucky...I get Air racing on Sportsnet West :facepalm:

icehawkmike
08-17-2010, 10:39 PM

After the initial shock of not being able to watch Jays games because of S-1, seeing Boston and Yankees games on the regional channels seemed like a giant slap in the face.

"Here, you can watch baseball just not the baseball you want to see and even better we'll let you watch the 2 teams you Jays fans hate the most"

broncosfan_101
08-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Did this actually work for anyone? Cause it's not for me...

T.O.Bombinators
08-18-2010, 01:38 AM
ya..it just takes a while to load

Halladay
08-18-2010, 02:45 AM
After the initial shock of not being able to watch Jays games because of S-1, seeing Boston and Yankees games on the regional channels seemed like a giant slap in the face.

"Here, you can watch baseball just not the baseball you want to see and even better we'll let you watch the 2 teams you Jays fans hate the most"

Exactly what I'm saying. I'm going through my satellite looking for the game to see what time it's on and realized they're playing our rivals games and move our game to a channel nobody gets. I, for the life of me, don't have any idea what they're thinking. We have horrible attendance, are playing well and are trying to market a fun and entertaining young team. This is not the way to market a team.

masTOR_shake1
08-18-2010, 09:13 AM
welcome to the world of those of us without cable/satellite :cool:

Dol-Fan
08-18-2010, 09:54 AM
I know there are rules against this, but this instance should be an exception.

I use ******** it's worked fine the last two nights.

Bob_at_york
08-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Guys please PM each other links, do not post them on here.

scotttube
08-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Hey don't badmouth air racing that is some quality content! And I love watching poker re-runs, snooker championships and ultimate fighter re-runs! I believe darts is already on the regional channels and oh man is that exciting. John Part is a legend and he is Canadian! I'm hoping they bring in some more gems like the tiddlywink championships and rock-paper-scissors tournaments.

I think they did this because the ratings for Jays games are so good that they saw a way to make an instant buck. Well nuts to that. I'm either gonna find it online, listen to it on the radio or just not watch it and suffer through Yankees and Red Sox games, which I don't actually find that bad even though I hate those teams. I just root for whoever is playing against them.

scottythegreat1
08-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Relax, everyone. Now that Sportnet One is out, they can add another $10 to our cable bill so that they can start showing Canasta/Bridge Tournaments on Sportsnet.

I wouldnt be surprised if Sportsnet One ends up broadcasting 50 games next season. They want to force us to come out to the ballpark to watch the games, and thats not the way to do it.

Note to Rogers, we ARENT the Yankees and Red Sox. We CANT have a BluejaysTV channel yet. We cant charge $8.00 for beer. We cant RAISE our ticket prices because we are selling out our games, because we havent sold out a non-season opener since 1993. Turn Skydeck into $5.00 a ticket zone with not as many ushers making sure those people are sitting in the section they are, they wont be stealing seats up there.

StealingSigns
08-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't forget about High Stakes Jenga, which will be on every night after the baseball season is done.

DiPasquale7
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Their reason for doing it is simple. By moving the games to a new channel it forces their competitors to cave in to their demands and pay more for Jays games. Bell and Cogeco currently have the rights to carry Sportsnet. No such contract has been put in place for Sportsnet One... YET..

Their are 3 possible scenarios that will play out for Rogers with this move:
a) It will drive Bell customers to switch to Rogers so they can watch the Jays(this isn't even their main objective)
b) They force Bell and Cogeco to pay a premium to be able to distribute the channel because Bell and Cogeco customers want to watch the Jays.
c) Customers don't care and their little plan fails and they'll have to settle for less money from those companies for the distribution rights.

The options they are hoping for is B. By putting all of the games where none of the Bell or Cogeco audience can watch, it puts pressure on those companies from their customers to pay whatever Rogers is demanding to get the channel.

It's exactly what TSN did with TSN 2. They put a ton of Raptors games on their channel and Rogers customers were upset about not being able to see the games. They put a ton of pressure on Rogers to pick up the channel and pay a hefty fee for it.

This should be resolved before next season... I think they will come to an agreement prior to baseball in 2011.

returnofvdub'10
08-18-2010, 12:38 PM
damn you SN1...damn you straight to hell.

I wish I could just say I will boycott Jays games until they figure this out but I have been a die-hard fan for a long time and rarely miss a game when it is on TV...I need my fix but whats a guy to do? I was on hold with Shaw for one hour the other day trying to order SN1 only to have some douche tell me they dont offer that channel.

With all the good things the team has done this year, this sure seems like a step backwards as far as I am concerned...very disappointed indeed...

tuck25
08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
all i have to say is that this is Bull ****. FU Rogers.

jaysrocksox
08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I just won't watch those games, simple. I bet many do the same as well. I don't think very many people will cave and pay for the channel, nor will too many force bell and cogeco to get it, as this will raise monthly rates. It should backfire. I've said it before. Skydome lower deck should be $20 general admission. You'd pack the place every night. Up to, $10 GA.

DiPasquale7
08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I just won't watch those games, simple. I bet many do the same as well. I don't think very many people will cave and pay for the channel, nor will too many force bell and cogeco to get it, as this will raise monthly rates. It should backfire. I've said it before. Skydome lower deck should be $20 general admission. You'd pack the place every night. Up to, $10 GA.

Don't be fooled. People ARE complaining. The Globe and Mail published an article about it.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/sportsnet-one-has-jays-fans-up-in-arms/article1673966/
I actually hadn't read this prior to coming to my conclusion but the writer actually says the same thing I did. I know several people who have complained personally. This power play will work and they will come to an agreement eventually. Unfortunately it will probably drag out until this season is over so some people may be out of luck.

Dol-Fan
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Guys please PM each other links, do not post them on here.

Come on Nazi-Bob :p I bet you're a Rogers customer!

tuck25
08-18-2010, 02:00 PM
How Many games are on this SNO for the rest of the season. How many will i get shafted for.

Jays Claw
08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
I bet you're a Rogers customer!

I'm a Rogers customer too, and boy is it relaxing. :hide:

North Yorker
08-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Can someone PM me a link if you have one please :)

T.O.Bombinators
08-18-2010, 03:52 PM
i havent found one thats streaming yet today

North Yorker
08-18-2010, 03:58 PM
nvm. the site that we love has it up now. you know, the one that starts with "a"

Converged
08-19-2010, 12:51 AM
I can't help but laugh how much this has backfired at Rogers.

TV Ratings for Jays Vs Angels on Sportsnet: 480,000
TV Ratings for Jays Vs Angels on Sportsnet One: 31,000

Bravo. Jays audience down by 94%.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2010/08/jays-audience-on-sportsnet-one-down-94/

StealingSigns
08-19-2010, 02:21 AM
I can't help but laugh how much this has backfired at Rogers.

TV Ratings for Jays Vs Angels on Sportsnet: 480,000
TV Ratings for Jays Vs Angels on Sportsnet One: 31,000

Bravo. Jays audience down by 94%.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2010/08/jays-audience-on-sportsnet-one-down-94/

Looks good on them. This is a perfect example of how not to build a brand.

frostilicus
08-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I hope Rogers isn't getting any cute ideas about moving the MLB playoffs from the regional channels to SNET1. That would not be very cool. And yet I can't help shake the feeling that they're going to do it. =(

krowten
08-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Funny, bunch of folks got banned at Sportsnet.ca forums. Not for posting links to game streams, but for mentioning there were alternative methods of watching the games online.

the_lazy_man
08-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah just PM me for a link to watch jays game if you need to.

the_lazy_man
08-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Bringing this back to the top, if you need the link, pm me, Cheers

Twitchy
08-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Please do not try and post links to games that are to be streamed.