PDA

View Full Version : Knicks offer for Carmelo (through sources)

Pages : [1] 2

knicks09
08-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Michael Kay has sources that Knicks are offering :Eddy Curry, Gallinari & Future First Rounder

He said it on the Radio that he has sources close to the situation (Knicks).

Baller1
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Link?

knicks09
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Link?

I don't have a link, it was just on ESPN radio

Jack Daniels
08-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Only place I saw that was real GM and some Knicks blog...not exactly credible sources...

ILoveL.A2416
08-17-2010, 04:05 PM
If nuggets accept...Knicks would be top 4 seed for sure...

Venomous88
08-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I would like to see Melo as a Knick before the season starts. It would make the season much more entertaining and we would be able to avoid the LeBron esque drama

Baller1
08-17-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't see the Nuggets accepting this.

mRc08
08-17-2010, 04:08 PM
I hope the nuggets don't accept this. It's not that great of an offer, though i do think they will deal him at somepoint sooner rather than later.

netsgiantsyanks
08-17-2010, 04:09 PM
the nuggets wont accept.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
are you absolutely kidding me?

This is not gonna happen lmao

knicks09
I would throw in Wilson Chandler in the trade if they want. Landry fields and Bill Walker can replace both Gallo and Ill Will

xmoney328
dont believe it.... knicks plan is to wait it out so they wont have to trade Galo...or Galo wont be in the trade at all.

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Michael Kay has sources that Knicks are offering :Eddy Curry, Gallinari & Future First Rounder

Horrible deal.

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Bulls can offer Deng/Gibson/Johnson for Melo and a bad contract.

GoatMilk
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
i dont trust Michael Kay

i dont care who his sources are. I need someone else to report this, not Kay

knicks=love
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
throw in wilson and someone other than gallo please!!!!!!

Becks2307
08-17-2010, 04:20 PM
not gallo :(

scutch11
08-17-2010, 04:20 PM
i just heard michael kay say this as well. i doubt the nuggets would accept this, and honestly i think the knicks would be more content with giving up randolph and chandler instead of gallo....gallo is our golden boy lol

i think curry randolph and chandler and a first is a better deal anyway

JIDsanity
08-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Now that the first offer is out of the way the standard has been set. IMO there are several other teams that can offer much more. Nets for example can offer trade exceptions, plenty of picks (They have the most over the next few seasons), expiring contracts, young players, and still absorb a bad contract like Chris Anderson's.

Bang Bros89
Horrible deal.

yet making denver take Deng's 4 yr 52 million dollar contract is soooooooo much better??

Pierzynski4Prez
and denver hangs up the phone laughing. When would that 1st round pick be anyways. 2013? + basically only Gallinari? Very laughable on the knicks behalf

godolphins
08-17-2010, 04:24 PM
:facepalm: to Knicks fan relying on false hope

levignjw
No way DEN accepts.

Minimal
No way Nuggets gonna accept this deal. And even if they accept New York still won't be the top 4 team in the east.

Wiz kids
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Wizards offer - 2011 1st, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, Gilbert Arenas

:hide:

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 04:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/archive?id=2693958

J-Relo
08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
if it happens it's not straight deal, some other teams might be involved

smith&wesson
08-17-2010, 04:30 PM
melo is going to ny

hoopitup
Nuggets already said they want no one on the Knicks team.

MiamiLoyal926
throw in wilson and someone other than gallo please!!!!!!

so if denver agrees to a deal that includes gallo... you would say no?

J-Relo
08-17-2010, 04:31 PM
not gallo :(

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

wow you Knicks fans

:laugh:

tredigs
08-17-2010, 04:34 PM
To the people calling this a horrible deal for the Nuggets - why? They should certainly hold out to hear better offers - but if they take this then it is obviously MUCH better than waiting until the end of the year (in the hope that he re-signs or s&t's) only to receive nothing. Gallo's a solid player with a good amount of promise, and he comes cheap. Throw in Curry's 11 million expiring and that allows you a significant amount of cap space (I'm not sure what the Nugs cap situation is like, though) to work with going forward.

If they could get the Knicks to throw in Toney Douglas, I'd take it if I were them. And if they can get Anthony Randolph thrown in, then they should thank the Lord and get Melo on the next red-eye to NY.

Btw: If the Knicks lose Gallo + Curry's expiring, I do not think they are a contender in any way shape or form.

J Dub8299
08-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Link?

It doesn’t matter if there is a link or not...The Nuggs won’t be accepting that offer regardless.

Becks2307
08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

wow you Knicks fans

:laugh:

hahah what?

we shouldnt want to hold on to a player we drafted with the 6th overall pick two years ago and showed great progress last year?

Hustlenomics
08-17-2010, 04:37 PM
hahah what?

we shouldnt want to hold on to a player we drafted with the 6th overall pick two years ago and showed great progress last year?

not when he sucks big time compared to carmelo

dhopisthename
08-17-2010, 04:37 PM
that offer seems really weak, there are probably much better offers out there for the nuggets if they decide to trade him.
Also if the knicks can get him anyway they need to do so and not wait for the next season when we don't know how the new cba is going to be set up, and how the salary cap might change. Also consider that say he gets traded the rockets and they come very close to winning the championship or win it do you think he will want to leave?

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 04:38 PM
As a Bulls fan, this is actually a pretty damn good deal for Denver.
Sure a lot of Knicks fans overrate the crap out of Gallinari, but he is still a pretty damn good player. Denver won't get many better players for a 1 year rental and can potentially lose him for complete garbage like Toronto and Cleveland.
Right now, Denver is more of a pretender than contender so they need to trade Melo. This isn't a bad offer. Denver is unlikely to get much better offers.

beasted86
08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
I feel this is worse than the Hickson+Z for Amar'e offer.

xbrackattackx
08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Knicks should trade Curry,Walker,Bukie,Fields,Douglas,2 future first and a 2nd.

For Mello and Birdmans bad contract.

And that's no where near Carmello's Worth he is a top 10 players easy maybe Top 5 with it Being

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Mello
Durant

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 04:40 PM
To the people calling this a horrible deal for the Nuggets - why? They should certainly hold out to hear better offers - but if they take this then it is obviously MUCH better than waiting until the end of the year (in the hope that he re-signs or s&t's) only to receive nothing. Gallo's a solid player with a good amount of promise, and he comes cheap. Throw in Curry's 11 million expiring and that allows you a significant amount of cap space (I'm not sure what the Nugs cap situation is like, though) to work with going forward.

If they could get the Knicks to throw in Toney Douglas, I'd take it if I were them. And if they can get Anthony Randolph thrown in, then they should thank the Lord and get Melo on the next red-eye to NY.

Btw: If the Knicks lose Gallo + Curry's expiring, I do not think they are a contender in any way shape or form.

Completely agreed.
Even if they add Parker they aren't a contender. Maybe if they find a way to get Paul, but their interior defense would still be absolutely horrid.

beasted86
08-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Sure a lot of Knicks fans overrate the crap out of Gallinari, but he is still a pretty damn good player. Denver won't get many better players for a 1 year rental and can potentially lose him for complete garbage like Toronto and Cleveland.
Right now, Denver is more of a pretender than contender so they need to trade Melo. This isn't a bad offer. Denver is unlikely to get much better offers.

Sorry to break this to you but the Knicks with Carmelo isn't a contender either, it's a pretender.

Both rosters would need to make more trades to get into legit contender talk, and if that's the case, why shouldn't Denver try to make more trades rather than giving away their franchise player for Gallinari and a distant future pick?

Jetsguy
08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
just hypothetically what teams are going to offer a better package than this if Melo lets it be known he wants to go to NY?

Not saying he does but if so this offer starts looking a lot better to Denver than losing him outright after the season.

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 04:43 PM

And that's no where near Carmello's Worth he is a top 10 players easy maybe Top 5 with it Being

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Mello
Durant

There is no way he's a top 5 player. Not by any stat. Top 10? MAYBE.
Lebron, Wade, Durant, Kobe, Paul, Deron, Dwight, Dirk, Duncan are all definitely better. I'd also probably include Gasol and Roy (he had a great 08-09 season and even a vergy good 09-10 season that was hurt by injury) as well.

xbrackattackx
08-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Lebron, Wade, Durant, Kobe, Paul, Deron, Dwight, Dirk, Duncan are all definitely better. I'd also probably include Gasol and Roy (he had a great 08-09 season and even a vergy good 09-10 season that was hurt by injury) as well.

Sorry, I meant top five Offensive player. But I agree with you on the rest, but in Offense he is a top 5 Scorer.

I think he is better then Duncan and Dirk now but just because of age not talent. Duncan is my all time Favorite PF. And Gasol is great but top 10?

Tony_Starks
08-17-2010, 04:44 PM
A washed up has been and a extremely poor mans Dirk Nowitzki for an allstar future HOF'r?

Spoiler report: Denver won't take it.

But on the bright side hopefully they will seriously make this offer so the Denver management can enjoy the best laugh they've probably had in years.....

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Sorry to break this to you but the Knicks with Carmelo isn't a contender either, it's a pretender.

Where did I say it's a contender?

Both rosters would need to make more trades to get into legit contender talk, and if that's the case, why shouldn't Denver try to make more trades rather than giving away their franchise player for Gallinari and a distant future pick?

Never said Denver shouldn't. But NY made a pretty damn good offer and clearly aren't playing around. They are serious. Denver is a pretender either way. It looks like there is a high probability that Melo leave. They won't get equal value, that much is obvious. But getting a quality player like Gallinari who can be a star, is a pretty nice consolation prize.

Hugbees
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM

No way in hell Melo would want to be a Bull. He's basically forcing his way out because the Nuggets know he won't resign and he wants to be in NY. And I'm pretty sure the Knicks have their first rounder this year.
What teams are actually considered contenders anyway? Only two in my mind, and that's the Lakers and Heat. This move would put them in the tier below along with the Celtics, Magic, etc.

Giantwarrior
i dont think any other team in the NBA would trade for Melo because he probably wouldnt extend his contract. that team would be losing him for nothing. It really sux for the Nuggets because they cannot do anything about it.

If the knicks offer a nice piece and 2 future 1st round picks. they should take it.

ecorrea
kozel what do you think would be the bulls best offer? and do you think 1) bulls would be willing to part with a deal i assume includes noah, and 2) does this deal beat nyc's?

king4day
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Terrible offer by the knicks.

Slimsim
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Yup Know teams going to offer Young Promising talent For a star who would most likely Pack his bags once the season is over. It's a horrible trade But after looking at Cleveland and Toronto Situation after losing their Franchise players Denver would be smart to take the Deal.

tredigs
08-17-2010, 04:50 PM
i dont think any other team in the NBA would trade for Melo because he probably wouldnt extend his contract. that team would be losing him for nothing. It really sux for the Nuggets because they cannot do anything about it.

If the knicks offer a nice piece and 2 future 1st round picks. they should take it.

I think you're definitely right that very few teams would be willing to offer much for Melo at this point - and if this offer has any truth to it, then Gallo is indeed a very nice piece, + a future first and an 11mil contract in Curry that will come off the books for their cap space next season? I am very surprised that people are scoffing at that deal. I would be VERY tempted if I were Denver. Melo is not taking that team anywhere this year (or any year), so it may be time to cut their losses and begin the rebuilding process.

hgtiger32
If nuggets accept...Knicks would be top 4 seed for sure...

Carmelo and Amare are probably 2 of the most overrated players to go along with Bosh. only way they become a top 4 team in the Eastern Conference is if they get Parker/Paul. Sorry but Raymond Felton doesn't cut it...

kozelkid
Sorry, I meant top five Offensive player. But I agree with you on the rest, but in Offense he is a top 5 Scorer.

Debatable.
Very versatile? Yes. But he isn't very efficient surprisingly. He's a tough case. Mainly because one wonders why he shoots at such a high volume. Is it because he's a selfish player or because he feels the need to still carry his team, even though Lawson, Billups, Smith and Nene are no slouches.
I just wonder how team oriented Anthony is, cause for now, neither his ts%, efg%, or o-rating, is anywhere near elite level. I'm just not sure what he is, selfish or HAS to carry the load. Which makes me wonder how he would work if he had the chance to play alongside a gifted offensive player like Amare or Paul (assuming they find a way to get him). That's not even mentioning that he isn't anything special as a playmaker.
For now, numbers show that Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Paul, Dirk, Roy, Deron, Dirk, Durant are more efficient who can also score at a high volume.

beasted86
08-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Where did I say it's a contender?

Never said Denver shouldn't. But NY made a pretty damn good offer and clearly aren't playing around. They are serious. Denver is a pretender either way. It looks like there is a high probability that Melo leave. They won't get equal value, that much is obvious. But getting a quality player like Gallinari who can be a star, is a pretty nice consolation prize.

I assure you 100% guaranteed Melo isn't leaving without his bird rights with a lockout approaching. It would make more sense to gamble on 1 more season with Melo in Denver, hope that they go far, and hope that the Knicks and Nets stink again... and if he still wants to leave, then trade him for 2 first round picks in the summer just like Cleveland and Toronto got.

Why trade him at the beginning of the season and get considerably worse and not only miss the playoffs, but also miss all the ticket sales and revenue for a season and playoff berth?

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
kozel what do you think would be the bulls best offer? and do you think 1) bulls would be willing to part with a deal i assume includes noah, and 2) does this deal beat nyc's?

I used to be willing to trade Noah for Melo. Now I'm not sure. Unless Bulls are willing to part with Noah, we won't be able to beat NY's offer, unless Denver shows a high value in the Bobcats pick that the Bulls own.
My problem with dealing Deng and Noah for Melo is that we fix one hole and dig a new one. We'd essentially be a poorer version of Miami. And while Bulls have a minimal chance now, they at least have some strength which is interior defense. Without Noah, we become an offensive team, one that is inferior to Miami's. Now if Denver would part with Nene in the process, I'd do it in a flash. But they have no reason to do that.

beasted86
08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
No way in hell Melo would want to be a Bull. He's basically forcing his way out because the Nuggets know he won't resign and he wants to be in NY. And I'm pretty sure the Knicks have their first rounder this year.
What teams are actually considered contenders anyway? Only two in my mind, and that's the Lakers and Heat. This move would put them in the tier below along with the Celtics, Magic, etc.

If the Nuggets were willing to take that deal (which I don't think they would), I'd put money on Carmelo being willing to go to Chicago. Rose & Boozer as his 2nd and 3rd option? That's pretty sick.

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I assure you 100% guaranteed Melo isn't leaving without his bird rights with a lockout approaching. It would make more sense to gamble on 1 more season with Melo in Denver, hope that they go far, and hope that the Knicks and Nets stink again... and if he still wants to leave, then trade him for 2 first round picks in the summer just like Cleveland and Toronto got.

Why trade him at the beginning of the season and get considerably worse and not only miss the playoffs, but also miss all the ticket sales and revenue for a season and playoff berth?

What's the point of trading Melo for 2 ****** picks when you can get a very nice prospect on Gallinari. I'm not saying that they should jump on the deal right away. But it's a good deal, and Denver should definitely keep an eye on it.

Stunner
08-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Dats a bad deal. Bulls should do a Noah,Deng and JJ 1st round pick for Melo and watever thats a good deal for the Nuggets.

scutch11
08-17-2010, 04:56 PM
I feel this is worse than the Hickson+Z for Amar'e offer.

yea except the cavs were the one who didnt want to give up hickson

IndyRealist
08-17-2010, 04:57 PM
When does New York have a pick they can trade? 2014?

I'd do Chandler, Gallo, and a pick for Melo. Knicks should do this, even though I don't like Melo. It practically garuantees they land Chris Paul in 2012.

ecorrea
08-17-2010, 04:59 PM
or tony parker next season

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 04:59 PM

I'd do Chandler, Gallo, and a pick for Melo. Knicks should do this, even though I don't like Melo. It practically garuantees they land Chris Paul in 2012.

Wouldn't be so sure, they might not have the cap room. Not to mention they might not want to risk waiting and will look at Parker instead.

tredigs
08-17-2010, 05:00 PM

Without Curry's expiring, would they still have the cap space to pull that off?

If so, I agree with everything you wrote.

dhopisthename
08-17-2010, 05:00 PM

I doubt they will have the cap space

knicks=love
08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
No way Nuggets gonna accept this deal. And even if they accept New York still won't be the top 4 team in the east.

stop drinking the haterade

beasted86
What's the point of trading Melo for 2 ****** picks when you can get a very nice prospect on Gallinari. I'm not saying that they should jump on the deal right away. But it's a good deal, and Denver should definitely keep an eye on it.

Because Gallinari doesn't really do anything for the Nuggets. He'd be a bench player.

Harrington would way faster start over Gallinari in place of Melo if he were to walk... and there's no chance of debating that at all.

There is a 0% chance of that trade happening before the trade deadline. Nuggets would rather take their chances that they have a good year or can make some trades that makes Anthony want to re-sign.

HornetsSolution
Their are alot of teams that Melo is willing to play for. Once HE makes it known then them teams will certainly beat out any offer the knicks can throw out their.

Baller1
If there is truth to the rumors about Melo heading to New York for Gallo, Curry, and a first rounder, where does this put New York in the Eastern Conference.

In my opinion, they would still be behind Miami, Boston, Orlando, and possibly Chicago.

Slimsim
08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Dats a bad deal. Bulls should do a Noah,Deng and JJ 1st round pick for Melo and watever thats a good deal for the Nuggets.

Are you willing to give up so much And possibly lose him after the season ?

ecorrea
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
man knicks need to be all over this to be honest. i guess they could potentially wait til next yr and just sign him, but what if the Bulls or NO trade for him just as example. i know he just got signed, but Stat aint gettin any younger, you need to add pieces to this guy now.

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM

I would do that in a second. However, I have heard absolutely nothing anywhere (even terrible blogs) that has any indication of Carmelo wanting to play for the Bulls or them having ever shown interest. Granted, they'd obviously have interest, but this just seems like a pipe dream. Still......fun to think and talk about.

YankeesNets11
08-17-2010, 05:05 PM
They will be the 4th seed behind the Heat, Magic, and Celtics.

Bang Bros89
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Their are alot of teams that Melo is willing to play for. Once HE makes it known then them teams will certainly beat out any offer the knicks can throw out their.

I bet you if it came down to who can make the best offer, Knicks would have one of the best.

Not saying i would wanna do this, but if the Nuggets and other teams force our hand we can offer:

Gallo
AR4
Will
ETC.

But i would much rather wait till summer 2011 FA

Steelers23_06
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
if im them i try to get the best offer now because of the wedding ceremony hearing what happened its almost a 100% hes going to be a knick(but the media wants them to be great again so they think that everystar is going there) but still even if he doesnt goto the knicks melo wants the bright lights like lebron so i would get as much as i could before he does leave unlike the cavs who kept being naive to all the signs.

Hellcrooner
08-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Lets make an ommellett!!!!

o wait we still dont have the eggs?

wste of a fryin pan and olive oil.

Stunner
Are you willing to give up so much And possibly lose him after the season ?

He would have to agree to sign a contract first. The real main piece we would lose is Noah which i think they would want a lot deng not so much cuz he would be replaced by Melo. The Bobcat pick holds a lot of value cuz it might be a lottery pick. And we should be a good team by the time they get the pick anyway with Rose,Melo and Boozer in the East.

Iron24th
Curry and danilo for Melo??? Lmaaaooo!

king4day
08-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Not sure if this was posted. It's from the GM website. It at least backs up the OP:

The Knicks are reportedly willing to trade Danilo Gallinari as the centerpiece of a package to acquire Carmelo Anthony.

During his Tuesday show on ESPN Radio in New York, Michael Kay cited sources in reporting that the Knicks will offer Gallinari, a future first-round pick and Eddy Curry in a bid to acquire Carmelo Anthony from Denver.

Curry's contract would be included to make the trade work under the salary cap.

The next first-round pick the Knicks can trade is their 2014 selection.

ImThatDude
Because Gallinari doesn't really do anything for the Nuggets. He'd be a bench player.

Harrington would way faster start over Gallinari in place of Melo if he were to walk... and there's no chance of debating that at all.

There is a 0% chance of that trade happening before the trade deadline. Nuggets would rather take their chances that they have a good year or can make some trades that makes Anthony want to re-sign.

You do know they played on the same team last year so there's no reason for a debate. Harrington came off the bench and Gallo started cuz he's better, it's that simple.

knicks=love
anyone like this trade? thoughts on it..?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Slimsim
08-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Knicks didn't even get Carmelo yet and you have a Non Knicks fan making a thread about What seed the Knicks would be with Melo.

king4day

Walsh will get GM of the year if that's the deal that gets Melo to NY.

Stunner
I would do that in a second. However, I have heard absolutely nothing anywhere (even terrible blogs) that has any indication of Carmelo wanting to play for the Bulls or them having ever shown interest. Granted, they'd obviously have interest, but this just seems like a pipe dream. Still......fun to think and talk about.

Yeah we havent heard anything but i bet the Bulls are looking at it and Im sure the Bulls might be one of his dark horse teams. I think thats the best package of players out of any team can offer for Melo while still being a force.

ecorrea
08-17-2010, 05:10 PM

just curious. if you are denver, do you consider a bulls offer without noah? maybe taj, deng, JJ and a couple 1st round picks (including the bobcats pick)?

king4day
anyone like this trade? thoughts on it..?

You have to save the trade and then copy the link it creates.

29$JerZ
I like how some are freaking out like Denver will accept it immediately and how their team can offer better than the Knicks.

i

Bang Bros89
You do know they played on the same team last year so there's no reason for a debate. Harrington came off the bench and Gallo started cuz he's better, it's that simple.

i think ppl just like to talk out of their *** for fun, idk

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Walsh will get GM of the year if that's the deal that gets Melo to NY.

:nod:

Melo + Amar'e = :drool:

abe_froman
They will be the 4th seed behind the Heat, Magic, and Celtics.

that would be impossible

ummm i'd say 6th or 7th

Bang Bros89
You have to save the trade and then copy the link it creates.

i think he meant no trade, i like it. I would rather wait till FA too

king4day
Yeah we havent heard anything but i bet the Bulls are looking at it and Im sure the Bulls might be one of his dark horse teams. I think thats the best package of players out of any team can offer for Melo while still being a force.

That move would make Chicago the best team in the East at the very least, if that happend.

Stunner
just curious. if you are denver, do you consider a bulls offer without noah? maybe taj, deng, JJ and a couple 1st round picks (including the bobcats pick)?

They might but u might wanna keep Gibson because of Boozer, but Noah and Deng for Melo is really a done deal in my book.

ecorrea
08-17-2010, 05:12 PM
gallo >>>> harrington. that much is obvious after 2 seasons. kid has heart.

knicks=love
my fault fellas..

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ezmyna

NYKnickFanatic
I say 5th. Maybe 6th.

But until Melo is in a Knicks uniform, then I will worry about that.

Sox72

I would love for them to be. And they would be insane to not at least be exploring the possibility.

Stunner
08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
That move would make Chicago the best team in the East at the very least, if that happend.

Yeah i think it would as well, only thing they would be really be giving up is Noah.

blazerman

That is quite possibly the most insulting offer that the Nuggets will get for Melo.

Yes I know that he wants to play in NY but come on that is ******** to think the Nuggets would take Curry's sorry *** at all, yes he is an expiring but if the Nuggets hust wanted capspace to use at the end of the season then they just dont trade Melo this yr. Gallo and a 1st isnt **** either considering the player that the Knicks would be getting in return.

kozelkid

Something tells me you don't know much about Gallinari. I recommend looking at his numbers first, then get back.

king4day
:nod:

Melo + Amar'e = :drool:

Yea it would be a fun team to watch.
The Knicks have no Nationally televised games this year if I'm not mistaken. Imagine that talent they'd have not getting any air time?

I don't see them winning a ring just yet, but they'd be on their way. Would be fun to see them and the Heat clash horns.

ecorrea
i hope knicks or bulls get him. knicks with the addtion of parker as well. this way the east gets stronger and potential heat championships goes way down...

edit: heat have not won anything yet btw

Iron24th
4th or 5th seed at best.

Stunner
I would love for them to be. And they would be insane to not at least be exploring the possibility.

I hope so i have a feeling they might be looking at it. Plus as hard as they been going in free agent and missed out on the big 3 i think they would love to get Melo.

NYKNYGNYY
08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
cmon gotta do better than that

Slimsim
08-17-2010, 05:14 PM

You Laugh because you only see this trade from a fan stand point. From a Business stand point you wouldn't be laughing.

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 05:15 PM

If we don't give up Noah? Definitely. If we do? I'm not even sure if we improve to be honest.

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Link - Carmelo could force trade to Knicks this season (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/carmelo_could_force_trade_to_knicks_KuuvyH2kRDMAZW xccFM8PN)

It seems more and more likely Carmelo Anthony will not sign a contract extension with the Nuggets, which likely will force the team to trade him, perhaps to the Knicks.

ESPN.com reported last night that Anthony is "going to make it real clear that he's not coming back" to Denver, according to an NBA source.

"Both Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke and Anthony already are well aware that they don't have a future together, sources say. That became clear to Kroenke at a reception after Anthony's July 11 (wedding) to La La Vasquez in Manhattan," the report says.

abe_froman
08-17-2010, 05:17 PM
If we don't give up Noah? Definitely. If we do? I'm not even sure if we improve to be honest.

i doubt it,and its not a reflection on melo as a player but more about need(position wise and what they bring to the table)

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:18 PM

I think we'd improve. Any centers out there available to replace him?

BlkProphet79
08-17-2010, 05:18 PM
The Knicks have no Nationally televised games this year if I'm not mistaken. Imagine that talent they'd have not getting any air time?

I don't see them winning a ring just yet, but they'd be on their way. Would be fun to see them and the Heat clash horns.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/index.html

abe_froman
08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
I think we'd improve. Any centers out there available to replace him?

kwame brown,but thats about it

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:20 PM
kwame brown,but thats about it

He should have been ours years ago. Damn Wizards.

mohye
08-17-2010, 05:20 PM
This trade makes more sense on the Nuggets part but I dont think they would trade Melo to the Lakers..

Lakers get
Melo and Birdman

Nuggets get
Odom, Artest and Vujaic plus 2 1st round picks

THE MTL
08-17-2010, 05:21 PM

what dont Bulls fan understand about NO ONE wanting DENG!!!!!!!!!!

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:23 PM

The same thing you don't understand about NO ONE wanting Curry. It at least makes the trade work.

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 05:24 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=nyk
We have 18.
4 TNT
7 ESPN
7 NBA TV

Your right though, NY is just taking the right steps to becoming a legit Eastern power team. Adding Melo would solidify it imo.

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 05:24 PM

You would know since you work with other team managements, right?
And we will understand that as soon as Knick fans understand that Curry's expiring isn't worth jackshit, especially in a year where there are a TON of trade exceptions out there that are for more valuable than an 11mil expiring on a lardass.

Kashmir13579
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
dont believe it.... knicks plan is to wait it out so they wont have to trade Galo...or Galo wont be in the trade at all.

i hope so...

p.s. 2 people voted no playoff berth. idiots.

Khalifa21
08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Horrible deal.

You say the Knicks offer is horrible, and then you offer an even worse deal.

I'm sure the Nuggets would love one of the worst contracts in the league, a slightly above average prospect and an average prospect. Much better than one of the best expirings in the league, a fantastic cheap, young talent and a pick.

:rolleyes:

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
The same thing you don't understand about NO ONE wanting Curry. It at least makes the trade work.

Eddy is an expiring contract. Deng is being paid like a star which he isn't.
If Denver wants a talent replacement they may want Deng but not by himself, I would think Chicago would have to include Noah in the deal. Since Losing Noah really negates what Chicago is adding thanks to having no Center's I don't see Chicago doing it.

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Eddy is an expiring contract. Deng is being paid like a star which he isn't.
If Denver wants a talent replacement they may want Deng but not by himself, I would think Chicago would have to include Noah in the deal. Since Losing Noah really negates what Chicago is adding thanks to having no Center's I don't see Chicago doing it.

I feel as though you're overlooking the inevitable replacement of Noah by Kwame Brown.

Knicks21
08-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't have a link, it was just on ESPN radio

http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/68730/20100817/sources_knicks_will_offer_gallinari_in_package_for _melo/

where the star are put real.gm without the dot

hugh1130
08-17-2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/68730/20100817/sources_knicks_will_offer_gallinari_in_package_for _melo/

where the star are put ****** without the dot

thats pretty funny right there

Red222
08-17-2010, 05:32 PM

I'm sure the Nuggets would love one of the worst contracts in the league, a slightly above average prospect and an average prospect. Much better than one of the best expirings in the league, a fantastic cheap, young talent and a pick.

deng's contract is a slight overpay not the worst contract in the league and i would be categorized as a deng basher 2 his cap hit is longer then what he is actually paid he has a max deferred deal

Given that, here is his real contract:
2011 $9.64M
2012 $10.47M
2013 $11.36M
2014 $12.13M
Total 4 years $43.6M for a 25 year old that just averaged 17.6 and 7.3
http://forums.******.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1013258

Kashmir13579
08-17-2010, 05:32 PM
wait... do bulls fans actually think they could land him?

king4day
08-17-2010, 05:33 PM
thats pretty funny right there

I lol'd myself :laugh:

Red222
08-17-2010, 05:35 PM

no not really unless we included noah

THE MTL
08-17-2010, 05:35 PM

You would know since you work with other team managements, right?
And we will understand that as soon as Knick fans understand that Curry's expiring isn't worth jackshit, especially in a year where there are a TON of trade exceptions out there that are for more valuable than an 11mil expiring on a lardass.

Expiring contracts always have value. And 11.2 million is huge but not too huge (ie Marbury/McGrady).

Only teams with notable trade exceptions are: Toronto, Cavs, Phoenix, Wolves. 3 of the 4 no one would go to......

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:36 PM

Could? Yeah. Do I think it's likely whatsoever? No.

Don Starks
He would have to agree to sign a contract first. The real main piece we would lose is Noah which i think they would want a lot deng not so much cuz he would be replaced by Melo. The Bobcat pick holds a lot of value cuz it might be a lottery pick. And we should be a good team by the time they get the pick anyway with Rose,Melo and Boozer in the East.

they just made the playoffs and not they are a lottery team? get real man.

abe_froman

some? yes

me? no

those that do i think are just setting themselves up for disappointment(again),but i give the same warning to knick fans...but its up you to temper your expectations til after things play out or not

Red222
08-17-2010, 05:38 PM
some? yes

me? no

those that do i think are just setting themselves up for disappointment(again),but i give the same warning to knick fans...but its up you to temper your expectations til after things play out or not

c/s

THE MTL
08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
deng's contract is a slight overpay not the worst contract in the league and i would be categorized as a deng basher 2 his cap hit is longer then what he is actually paid he has a max deferred deal

Totally wrong. His contract is much more than that. Check ur source cause I have him making 12 million per year on average. His deal was 71 million for 6 years.

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:40 PM

Well.....if the Knicks made the playoffs then that could knock them out. So, I guess you're right. They'll still be in.

Don Starks
08-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Well.....if the Knicks made the playoffs then that could knock them out. So, I guess you're right. They'll still be in.

what do you mean? that the knicks possibly making the playoffs means the bobcats will be a higher seed? or that the bobcats will get knocked out by the knicks? im not following...

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:43 PM
what do you mean? that the knicks possibly making the playoffs means the bobcats will be a higher seed? or that the bobcats will get knocked out by the knicks? im not following...

Well, you're banking on the Knicks at least being an 8, right? That would have to eliminate one team from last year's playoffs. The final 2 were the Bulls and the Bobcats. I'm going off the assumption that the Bulls got better with the addition of Boozer and therefore if what most Knicks fans think is going to happen (make the playoffs) happens, then the Bobcats may not be a playoff team.

Jewelz0376
08-17-2010, 05:44 PM
I saw on rgm that the Magic are on top of his list.. I could see them doing a deal for like Carter and Gortat... If the Magic get Melo :speechless:...The East would be crazy in the playoffs...cuz thats just what the Magic need is a perimeter scorer cuz Carter is def not it... Nelson, JJ, Melo, Lewis, Howard...thats a championship caliber team..

Red222
Totally wrong. His contract is much more than that. Check ur source cause I have him making 12 million per year on average. His deal was 71 million for 6 years.

wrong his money is max deferred the numbers i posted are correct the cap hit is different then what he is actually paid

JordansBulls

How is it worse? Deng has been out of round 1.

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

Luol Deng
2010 – 2011
$11,355,850

2011 – 2012
$12,341,275

2012 – 2013
$13,326,700

2013 – 2014
$14,312,125

There you go. That's all-star money....

Khalifa21
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM

That's wrong, his contract is worth $51.2m over the next 4 years.

Would you rather want a 25 year old that averaged 17 and 7 at $51.2m, or a 22 year old that average 15 and 5 at $3.3m with an option for $4.5m?

Exactly. That Bulls package is absolute garbage.

Don Starks
08-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Well, you're banking on the Knicks at least being an 8, right? That would have to eliminate one team from last year's playoffs. The final 2 were the Bulls and the Bobcats. I'm going off the assumption that the Bulls got better with the addition of Boozer and therefore if what most Knicks fans think is going to happen (make the playoffs) happens, then the Bobcats may not be a playoff team.

yea but even if the bobcats dont make the playoffs, that doesnt necessarily make them a lottery team. i see them in the hunt this year regardless of whether or not the knicks make the playoffs.

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 05:46 PM

It's worse because all Chicago gives Denver is a SF replacement, that's it.
Noah would have to be included for them to take that type of contract. In terms of talent Deng > Danilo for now but NY is giving better assets.

Khalifa21
08-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Oh sorry I forgot... If a player has been out of the first round, the huge overpaid contract he's on is rendered irrelevant... Damn, my bad.

Red222
08-17-2010, 05:48 PM
The details of Deng's contract are confidential.

However, Sam Smith confirmed in an e-mail to me & also has written that the contract is 30% deferred, the max allowed by the CBA.
http://forums.******.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1013258:eyebrow:

Stunner

lmao u do knw that the pick is gets more value the more year its passes bye im sure someone on here knws wat im talking about. the Bobcats pick is good value to the year 2012 the earliest they can get it. And there are too many good teams ahead of the Bobcats now. And when Crash and Jack get older and leave who will they have left that well at least make them a threat to make the playoffs?

Sox72
yea but even if the bobcats dont make the playoffs, that doesnt necessarily make them a lottery team. i see them in the hunt this year regardless of whether or not the knicks make the playoffs.

True.

abe_froman
Noah would have to be included for them to take that type of contract. In terms of talent Deng > Danilo for now but money wise and asset wise NY is giving better assets.

this.

Khalifa21
08-17-2010, 05:49 PM

I think you might be forgetting a certain LeBron James left a playoff team this summer...

The Cavs will be bumped from the playoffs.

Stunner
08-17-2010, 05:50 PM

If they dont make the playoffs it does make the pick a lottery pick :facepalm:

tredigs
08-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Another case of you being a purposeful troll? You are the King of the completely off-base, linear one sentence rebuttal, only to have someone write a small diatribe explaining how ridiculous of a statement [whatever it is you made] was. Generally followed by no retort on your behalf.

Maybe it's you just being generally naive and curious, but somehow I doubt that.

Don Starks
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
lmao u do knw that the pick is gets more value the more year its passes bye im sure someone on here knws wat im talking about. the Bobcats pick is good value to the year 2012 the earliest they can get it. And there are too many good teams ahead of the Bobcats now. and when Crash and Jack gone who do they have left that well atleast make them a threat to make the playoffs?

i didn't know it was a 2012 pick, i thought it was their 2011 first rounder. but even if it is their 2012 you gotta think if livingston works out they are still a good team with larry brown. and the fact that by 2012 the celtics will prb not be in the playoffs anymore makes the bobcats chances a little better in my opinion.

JordansBulls
Would Melo go to a team where he wasn't the man? If he went to Orlando it would be for sure Dwight's team.

Sox72
I think you might be forgetting a certain LeBron James left a playoff team this summer...

The Cavs will be bumped from the playoffs.

Damn. That too.

Can I convince anyone that NJ will jump ahead of them??

Khalifa21
lmao u do knw that the pick is gets more value the more year its passes bye im sure someone on here knws wat im talking about. the Bobcats pick is good value to the year 2012 the earliest they can get it. And there are too many good teams ahead of the Bobcats now. and when Crash and Jack gone who do they have left that well atleast make them a threat to make the playoffs?

Is it just me or did anyone else not understand a word of this...

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Would Melo go to a team where he wasn't the man? If he went to Orlando it would be for sure Dwight's team.

Leaving Denver would tell me he just wants to win and probably get out of the West.

I'm sure he'd like to play with the best C in the league and go to the easier conference since the West is brutal.

Either way if he leaves I doubt being the man would be the problem, he has that now in Denver.

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Leaving Denver would tell me he just wants to win and probably get out of the West.

I'm sure he'd like to play with the best C in the league and go to the easier conference since the West is brutal.

Either way if he leaves I doubt being the man would be the problem, he has that now in Denver.

Staying West is his best bet now. If he wanted to be in the east that should have been the case in 2007 and 2008.

kozelkid

So you don't know what max deferred contract means either.

Don Starks
If they dont make the playoffs it does make the pick a lottery pick :facepalm:

the lottery is the top ten worst teams in the league.....if you miss the playoffs by 1 game i dont think that makes you one of the top ten worst teams, especially in the win column.....

Don Starks
08-17-2010, 05:54 PM

it took me a couple extra reads.

Sox72
08-17-2010, 05:55 PM
the lottery is the top ten worst teams in the league.....if you miss the playoffs by 1 game i dont think that makes you one of the top ten worst teams, especially in the win column.....

that's not true. it's everyone that missed the playoffs.

tredigs

Dwight's the leader of a contender - far different than Lebron going to Miami to play for a 1 and done perennial playoff team (because I know that was the undertone of this - yet again trollish - post).

And would he go to Orl? Who knows, but if he ever wants to reach an NBA finals he should.

Pierzynski4Prez

Isn't the lottery everybody who doesn't make the playoffs. So the #9 seed in the west would draft ahead of the #8 seed in the east, even though they could have been 10 wins better.

ecorrea
so as a bulls fan, no i dont think we get melo without packaging noah. but one can pray and speculate, no?

Steelers23_06
08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
wrong his money is max deferred the numbers i posted are correct the cap hit is different then what he is actually paid

this has nothing to do with thread but everything to do with your sig. its not that ridiculous that tmac could average 18 5 4 for an ex nba scoring champion it is possible. espcially when two years ago (66 games, last season where he played the bulk of the season) he was averaging 21.7. those arent goddy numbers. this the nba where amazing happens. especially where detroit is lacking a primary scorer who can dominate the ball. i definitely see him dropping that.

Don Starks
that's not true. it's everyone that missed the playoffs.

my bad then, i thought the top ten teams (worst record) got in the lottery.

29$JerZ
Staying West is his best bet now. If he wanted to be in the east that should have been the case in 2007 and 2008.

It's just one thing I threw out.
I find it strange the only mentioned teams are all Eastern teams and he has it good in Denver so I assume he'd prefer to play in the East now.

It could be he just doesn't think Denver will remain healthy and wants to leave to play with a good big like Dwight or Amar'e.

I honestly see no reason for him to leave. Something bad would have to happen in Denver for him to say good bye imo.

kozelkid
Noah would have to be included for them to take that type of contract. In terms of talent Deng > Danilo for now but NY is giving better assets.

Completely agreed. I don't think any team can really beat NY's offer that believes they have a chance at also keeping Melo for more than one year unless Chicago actually is willing to throw Noah in. And I hope they don't. As exciting as Rose-Melo-Boozer may look, they would have some serious holes and questions.

Stunner
Bobcats wont be that good in a couple of years unless the get a player they can build around when Crash and Jack get past their prime.

ecorrea
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM

nba lottery is all teams that missed the playoffs :facepalm:

ecorrea
my bad then, i thought the top ten teams (worst record) got in the lottery.

sorry for the excessive facepalm then...

JordansBulls
Another case of you being a purposeful troll? You are the King of the completely off-base, linear one sentence rebuttal, only to have someone write a small diatribe explaining how ridiculous of a statement [whatever it is you made] was. Generally followed by no retort on your behalf.

Maybe it's you just being generally naive and curious, but somehow I doubt that.

Is this a joke? Did you see the original deal?

Eddy Curry was part of it and so all the Nuggets would be getting is Gallinari & and late 1st round pick.
That in no way or shape is better than getting a guy who gets 18 and 7 in Deng and another guy who has shown he can be a good player in Gibson as well as a guy with potential in Johnson.
Not to mention Deng in averaged 26 ppg and 9 rpg on 57% FG in 2007 vs Miami (the defending champions) with Wade and Shaq at the time.

Don Starks
08-17-2010, 05:58 PM
sorry for the excessive facepalm then...

no prb all good homie

Red222
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
the earliest we can get the pick is in 2012 the pick protection lessens year by year and then 2016 it is completely unprotected considering Jordan's history of running teams that pick could be extremely valuable

VIP1349
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
I would only take Deng if they were willing to offer Noah with him, though Taj Gibson wouldn't be bad either. Bulls can offer more simply because they have big men unlike the Knicks they can offer. As a fan of the Nuggets we need PF's/C's badly. Taj Gibson wouldn't be bad but Joakim Noah would seal the deal.

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 06:01 PM

Eddy Curry was part of it and so all the Nuggets would be getting is Gallinari & and late 1st round pick.
That in no way or shape is better than getting a guy who gets 18 and 7 in Deng and another guy who has shown he can be a good player in Gibson as well as a guy with potential in Johnson.
Not to mention Deng in averaged 26 ppg and 9 rpg on 57% FG in 2007 vs Miami (the defending champions) with Wade and Shaq at the time.

That was the past.
Eddy was a beast too, doesn't make a difference now since its the present.

Present Deng is a good player, but has a bad contract. It's why it was tough for Chicago to unload him this summer.

Eddy = expiring contract, they get CAP relief. That's an asset, not a terrible player just added to make the deal works. Theirs more to it than that.

Danilo is on a rookie contract and I'm sure they have seen what Gallo is capable of. He did go toe to toe against Melo recently this season and helped us overcome Denver. That to me is more relevant than what Deng did years ago.

Red222
08-17-2010, 06:01 PM
this has nothing to do with thread but everything to do with your sig. its not that ridiculous that tmac could average 18 5 4 for an ex nba scoring champion it is possible. espcially when two years ago (66 games, last season where he played the bulk of the season) he was averaging 21.7. those arent goddy numbers. this the nba where amazing happens. especially where detroit is lacking a primary scorer who can dominate the ball. i definitely see him dropping that.
i disagree but you are entitled to your opinion

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 06:02 PM
I would only take Deng if they were willing to offer Noah with him, though Taj Gibson wouldn't be bad either. Bulls can offer more simply because they have big men unlike the Knicks they can offer. As a fan of the Nuggets we need PF's/C's badly. Taj Gibson wouldn't be bad but Joakim Noah would seal the deal.

I see some agree with me :)

ecorrea
08-17-2010, 06:02 PM

haha good to finally hear a denver nugget fans reaction... where are all you guys??

Stunner
08-17-2010, 06:03 PM

x2

kozelkid
Deng and Taj for Melo would probably be ideal (for Bulls at least). Obviously there would be concern at least for one season about the depth behind Boozer given that he always missed 10 games at least per season. But Taj is definitely replaceable. Can't say the same about Noah though...

Khalifa21

Is this a joke?

Deng is owed $51.2m over the next four years. Gallo is owed $3.3m this season and has a team option for $4.5m next season. Deng averaged 2 points and 2 rebounds a game more than Gallo. Gallo is 3 years younger and has a pretty high ceiling. Deng is in his prime and probably won't get better.

Curry's expiring gives them roster flexibility or a chance to move him at the deadline for a nice piece. The Nuggets aren't going to contend if they lose Melo so why cripple yourself with a horrible contract when you can get a cheaper (and better) player in Gallo with a ton more potential.

Taj Gibson is a solid prospect but him and James Johnson do not outweigh Deng's awful contract and the mammoth expiring of Curry and potential (and cheapness) of Gallo.

And why the hell would stats from one playoffs series 3 friggin' years ago make any difference to this?

C'mon man, wake up.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Nuggets would not take that deal listed on page 1.

KnicksR4Real
08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Nooooo please dont trade gallo no no no nln no

BlkProphet79

Why not?

Sox72
haha good to finally hear a denver nugget fans reaction... where are all you guys??

Probably avoiding the absurd arguments that us Bulls and Knicks fans would start with them. Can't blame them.

Khalifa21
08-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Nooooo please dont trade gallo no no no nln no

Really man?

You'd give up the chance at a top 10 player in the league if it meant keeping Gallo?

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Why not?

Denver would probably receive better offers. The X-factor is how much Melo wants to be a Knick above all else.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
That was the past.
Eddy was a beast too, doesn't make a difference now since its the present.

Present Deng is a good player, but has a bad contract. It's why it was tough for Chicago to unload him this summer.

Eddy = expiring contract, they get CAP relief. That's an asset, not a terrible player just added to make the deal works. Theirs more to it than that.

Danilo is on a rookie contract and I'm sure they have seen what Gallo is capable of. He did go toe to toe against Melo recently this season and helped us overcome Denver. That to me is more relevant than what Deng did years ago.

Cap relief is only worthwhile if it takes you far enough under the cap to sign someone decent. Otherwise, if they are already over the cap by 10 mil or so, Eddy's expiring won't give them 11 million of cap space automatically. But rather only 1 mil which won't do anything for them.

And Danilo has already played 2 years of his rookie contract. So in 2 years he will be looking for a deal probably similar to Dengs. Unless he sucks, then he won't get that much.

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Probably not, but it's a hell of a start. Better than losing Melo for 2 picks like Cavs or Toronto. If they can get Chandler and/or Douglas, then I think they are doing well at least for rebuilding.
I can't really think of any team offering a better package unless NJ decides to offer Devin and/or Favors or Bulls throw in Noah. Though I'd be interested what Denver would think of a combination of Deng and Taj plus picks.

tredigs
08-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Curry is a VERY important piece of that deal. That's an 11 million expiring contract - and few people in their right mind would rather have Deng at 13mil/year for 4 more years than Gallinari at 4mil/year for three years. Add to that a first round pick (roughly equivalent to Taj) and this becomes a no-brainer. NY has the much better deal.

Beyond that, if the Knicks have reason to believe that they are the front-runner to reach a contract with him in the off-season, then this becomes a moot point.

edit: To clarify - both deals are soft, but the Bulls deal you're proposing would leave them FAR less flexibility and a poor team.

VIP1349
From a Denver prospective here is where I stand on this.

Luol Deng & Joakim Noah > Eddy Curry & Danilo Gallinari > Luol Deng & Taj Gibson.

The Nuggets need a Center and we need one badly and personally I'd take Deng if we could get Noah to commit to a long term deal. The Knicks wouldn't be bad cause I do like Danilo' but maybe adding in Wilson Chandler/Anthony Randolph allows us to fill the SF spot. And then Taj Gibson would be nice but wouldn't cover the Deng contract.

mRc08
I think no body can argue that an offer consisting of deng, noah, and picks cannot be matched by the knicks, in any scenario. but will the bulls offer that? Rose has gone on the record of calling noah "like a big brother" and he has really elevated his game. Taj while a nice piece is not vital to the bulls sucess if he can be traded for carmello, but I don't think deng + taj is enough. The bulls won't get melo, but if they did it would certainly take noah.

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Cap relief is only worthwhile if it takes you far enough under the cap to sign someone decent. Otherwise, if they are already over the cap by 10 mil or so, Eddy's expiring won't give them 11 million of cap space automatically. But rather only 1 mil which won't do anything for them.

And Danilo has already played 2 years of his rookie contract. So in 2 years he will be looking for a deal probably similar to Dengs.

Losing 11 million off the CAP (or as you say 1 mil) > adding a player who won't keep you a contender as Denver is now and will be paid like a star for the next 4 years.

If Gallo is looking for a Deng deal in 2 years its better to enjoy the next 2 years of him as a cheap and be happy he played at the level that warrants that type of contract.

Eddy is a throw into fill the salary CAP difference for the trade to work, but cap relief is useful. Adding CAP is pointless unless your a contender. I highly doubt Deng is viewed as a player worth keeping for the next 4 years who won't take me too the finals.

Red222
08-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Luol Deng & Joakim Noah > Eddy Curry & Danilo Gallinari > Luol Deng & Taj Gibson.

The Nuggets need a Center and we need one badly and personally I'd take Deng if we could get Noah to commit to a long term deal. The Knicks wouldn't be bad cause I do like Danilo' but maybe adding in Wilson Chandler/Anthony Randolph allows us to fill the SF spot. And then Taj Gibson would be nice but wouldn't cover the Deng contract.

deng asik (a center) already signed 2 1sts our 2010+bobcat future 1st what you think???

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 06:12 PM

I doubt the Knick deal would just be Danilo/Eddy/1st
Another piece may be added since we are abundant in forwards at the moment.
This looks like the starting offer, not the final product.

I agree with you though.

BlkProphet79
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Denver would probably receive better offers. The X-factor is how much Melo wants to be a Knick above all else.

Thanks, I know...I've read the arguments and I have a couple of my own scenarios as well. The Why not? was directed at Hawkeye15's generic statement of Nuggets would not take that deal listed on page 1. Call me crazy, but when people make declarative statements like that, I like to see the logical progression of thoughts that allowed him to arrive to that conclusion.

PS: He's a good poster too and I was curious to see how he justified that claim. :p

Khalifa21
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM

I agree with this completely.

But what I don't get is why the Bulls are even being mentioned? Have I missed something? When were they interested and when did Melo say he had any intentions of wanting to play in Chicago?

Sox72
08-17-2010, 06:14 PM

But what I don't get is why the Bulls are even being mentioned? Have I missed something? When were they interested and when did Melo say he had any intentions of wanting to play in Chicago?

Just PSD fodder. No mention of it anywhere. This type of thing should be expected by now.

29$JerZ
08-17-2010, 06:15 PM

From my knowledge only Orlando and New York have been the teams linked to Melo.

Red222
08-17-2010, 06:15 PM

big market he would be the final piece of a possible title team if we keep noah

Khalifa21
08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Just PSD fodder. No mention of it anywhere. This type of thing should be expected by now.

I think it was just JB's throwaway comment about a "Deng, Gibson and Johnson" deal would be better.

The other Bulls fan just try and justify the horrible offer.

tredigs
08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
I think no body can argue that an offer consisting of deng, noah, and picks cannot be matched by the knicks, in any scenario. but will the bulls offer that? Rose has gone on the record of calling noah "like a big brother" and he has really elevated his game. Taj while a nice piece is not vital to the bulls sucess if he can be traded for carmello, but I don't think deng + taj is enough. The bulls won't get melo, but if they did it would certainly take noah.

By losing Noah, they become a worse team immediately (as far as contending for a title is concerned), even with the addition of Melo. Defensive bigs who can rebound that well are not common in this league, and he is going to be a good one. It's no surprise they went 0-10 without him in that final playoff stretch last season.

I would agree that Noah/Deng >> Gallo/Curry >>>> Taj/Deng

Sox72
08-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I think it was just JB's throwaway comment about a "Deng, Gibson and Johnson" deal would be better.

The other Bulls fan just try and justify the horrible offer.

And it's those justifications that make this thread fun for me. I know he'll never be on the Bulls, but I sure as hell like thinking about it.

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Curry is a VERY important piece of that deal. That's an 11 million expiring contract - and few people in their right mind would rather have Deng at 13mil/year for 4 more years than Gallinari at 4mil/year for three years. Add to that a first round pick (roughly equivalent to Taj) and this becomes a no-brainer. NY has the much better deal.

Beyond that, if the Knicks have reason to believe that they are the front-runner to reach a contract with him in the off-season, then this becomes a moot point.

edit: To clarify - both deals are soft, but the Bulls deal you're proposing would leave them FAR less flexibility and a poor team.

I definitely disagree with bolded, but I agree with the rest. The real question imo is if NY is willing to add Randolph, Chandler and/or Douglas to the mix as well. They don't have the picks to compete against Chicago, especially if Chicago throws in the Bobcats pick which has high potential be very good, since the earliest it can be had is 2012 and with the way Charlotte's mnanagement has been working, their future doesn't look so good.

sofargone
08-17-2010, 06:18 PM
You Bulls fans need to chill, remember when you all thought you were getting Lebron? Don't start thinking about offers for Melo, it ain't gonna happen.

bkmikeyy
08-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Gallo, Chandler, a 1st round pick in 2014 and Curry for Melo

VIP1349
deng asik (a center) already signed 2 1sts our 2010+bobcat future 1st what you think???

I don't know enough about Asik to really decide that but no simply I'd rather just have Taj Gibson who is at least proven. Plus a European Center is a Small Forward in the NBA most times.

I doubt the Knick deal would just be Danilo/Eddy/1st
Another piece may be added since we are abundant in forwards at the moment.
This looks like the starting offer, not the final product.

I agree with you though.
Yeah I'd imagine the Nuggets would turn down that deal making the Knicks build upon it to impress us. Things like them adding in Wilson Chandler plus perhaps taking back Renaldo Balkman, wouldn't hurt.

But yeah I'm not sure where the Bulls came from I'd imagine just random acquisitions. Until he says he wants out none of this matters really. But if he does do that then I'd imagine we'll be dealing with the Knicks.

Khalifa21

Melo constantly being linked with the Knicks and expressing interest at playing there > Melo not doing this.

The Knicks expressing huge interest in him > The Bulls expressing no interest.

There is no way on god's green earth the Nuggets would except any form of a Bulls offer if Joakim wasn't offered.

Seeing as the Bulls don't seem interested and Joakim is pretty much untouchable, I don't think these Bulls offers have a leg to stand on.

Sox72
You Bulls fans need to chill, remember when you all thought you were getting Lebron? Don't start thinking about offers for Melo, it ain't gonna happen.

Why not? It's fun. And that's what sites like this are for. You chill!!!!

Red222
08-17-2010, 06:20 PM

WE all (nba fans) got played its just fun 2 talk about 2 me

Slimsim
08-17-2010, 06:20 PM

off topic did Chicago get Rudy ?

Red222
08-17-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't know enough about Asik to really decide that but no simply I'd rather just have Taj Gibson who is at least proven. Plus a European Center is a Small Forward in the NBA most times.

Yeah I'd imagine the Nuggets would turn down that deal making the Knicks build upon it to impress us. Things like them adding in Wilson Chandler plus perhaps taking back Renaldo Balkman, wouldn't hurt.

But yeah I'm not sure where the Bulls came from I'd imagine just random acquisitions. Until he says he wants out none of this matters really. But if he does do that then I'd imagine we'll be dealing with the Knicks.
he's a true C very similar to noah just unproven

Red222
08-17-2010, 06:21 PM
:p
off topic did Chicago get Rudy ?

slyone_nyc
08-17-2010, 06:25 PM
I would throw in Wilson Chandler in the trade if they want. Landry fields and Bill Walker can replace both Gallo and Ill Will
i know gallo hasn't done much in the league, but he has HEART, SKILL and a ton of potential... man i love this kid and would hate to see him traded... as for your post, SERIOUSLY??? walker & fields can REPLACE gallo and chandler... LMFAO, they can fill in for them, but to say they can replace them is simply DUMB...

VIP1349
08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
he's a true C very similar to noah just unproven
We've been burned to many times on European Gambles before. At least Danilo has proved himself.

tredigs
08-17-2010, 06:27 PM
I definitely disagree with bolded, but I agree with the rest. The real question imo is if NY is willing to add Randolph, Chandler and/or Douglas to the mix as well. They don't have the picks to compete against Chicago, especially if Chicago throws in the Bobcats pick which has high potential be very good, since the earliest it can be had is 2012 and with the way Charlotte's mnanagement has been working, their future doesn't look so good.

Taj was the 26th pick in last years draft, and while he did put up decent numbers (have to stress decent), he is not a player with much - if any - upside. The guy is already 25 years old, he's not going to be a force at any point in this league. A solid backup on a contender is about his peak imo. They can definitely find another Taj in the draft if that's what they want (though they would probably prefer the 1st round pick as it gives them more flexibility to cater to their team).

Chandler or Douglas added make it a deal that Denver would probably have to take, imo. And like I said in an earlier post - if NY includes Randolph in this then they should ship Melo on the next red-eye to JFK.

VIP1349
08-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Just to clarify since I've seen his name thrown around Toney Douglas wouldn't be anyone the Nuggets want.

Stunner
08-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Nuggets want a big and a replacement SF and picks.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks, I know...I've read the arguments and I have a couple of my own scenarios as well. The Why not? was directed at Hawkeye15's generic statement of Nuggets would not take that deal listed on page 1. Call me crazy, but when people make declarative statements like that, I like to see the logical progression of thoughts that allowed him to arrive to that conclusion.

PS: He's a good poster too and I was curious to see how he justified that claim. :p

The Nuggets would need more talent back, and a future #1 pick from a team whose picks are sold and gone for a while is not very valuable. Try telling the city of Denver all you got for your susperstar is money (Curry), a pick in the 20's, and Gallinari, who will be a very good scorer, and below average rebounder and defender.
A more fair trade, from NY, would be Curry, Gallinari, Chandler, for Melo and Nene's $23 million left. It will clear additional cap space next year to the tune of landing a top free agent in Denver, give them a replacement in production for Melo, and NY doesn't care about salary going forward. They would get their man, who would destroy Chandler's minutes anyways, and most likely many of Gallo's.
Simply put, if all the Nugs got for Melo was $11 expiring, Gallo, and some pick in the late 20's, which has a high rate of nothing, they would get beat badly on this trade
NYwould have to throw in some more considerations to make the trade work financially, but it would be easy to get it done

slyone_nyc
08-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Why not? It's fun. And that's what sites like this are for. You chill!!!!

you BULLS FANS ARE FUNNY, how did you guys make your way into the mello talk??? i dont remember ever hearing mello would like to join the bulls, lol. the thread is about him coming to NY not chi. go to your bulls forum and discuss acquiring mello there, lol...

tredigs
08-17-2010, 06:33 PM
The Nuggets would need more talent back, and a future #1 pick from a team whose picks are sold and gone for a while is not very valuable. Try telling the city of Denver all you got for your susperstar is money (Curry), a pick in the 20's, and Gallinari, who will be a very good scorer, and below average rebounder and defender.
A more fair trade, from NY, would be Curry, Gallinari, Chandler, for Melo and Nene's $23 million left. It will clear additional cap space next year to the tune of landing a top free agent in Denver, give them a replacement in production for Melo, and NY doesn't care about salary going forward. They would get their man, who would destroy Chandler's minutes anyways, and most likely many of Gallo's.
Simply put, if all the Nugs got for Melo was $11 expiring, Gallo, and some pick in the late 20's, which has a high rate of nothing, they would get beat badly on this trade
NYwould have to throw in some more considerations to make the trade work financially, but it would be easy to get it done

How much leverage does Denver really have, though? If Melo's leaving, then there's a chance they get burned all together (a la Bron) if they do not take one of these offers - as bleak as they might look right now.

Sox72
08-17-2010, 06:33 PM
you BULLS FANS ARE FUNNY, how did you guys make your way into the mello talk??? i dont remember ever hearing mello would like to join the bulls, lol. the thread is about him coming to NY not chi. go to your bulls forum and discuss acquiring mello there, lol...

I gotta admit, considering this is a Carmelo to NY thread it is a little ridiculous. I'm headed to the Bulls forum!

Hawkeye15
08-17-2010, 06:34 PM
If the Bulls would give up Deng and Noah for Melo, Denver should jump on it, and hates of Chicago will cream their pants.

Stunner
08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Bulls arent even in the rumors but it would be a good fit. Every team right now in the league is trying to get Melo jus cuz we arent on his list doesnt mean the Nuggets are going to trade him to a team he wants to go to.

VIP1349
08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
How much leverage does Denver really have, though? If Melo's leaving, then there's a chance they get burned all together (a la Bron) if they do not take one of these offers - as bleak as they might look right now.
Knicks were burnt last time when they went all in on LeBron. There is still no guarantees he is going to New York. With all these reports coming now that NY isn't his only preferred destination, they would be better off giving up what they have to, so that they don't have to put up with that.

Stunner
08-17-2010, 06:36 PM
If the Bulls would give up Deng and Noah for Melo, Denver should jump on it, and hates of Chicago will cream their pants.

lol

Hawkeye15
08-17-2010, 06:37 PM

sure. But why not push to see what else you can get out of a team desperate to land another star? I would at least ask for Gallo, Chandler, and Curry. Nothing less

Stunner
08-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I think Denver has the upper hand is this situation. Melo is in the same boat as CP3 except with lesser years.

Stunner
08-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Nuggets will pick the best offer for them by any team not for Melo's sake.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Denver doesn't have near the leverage. They have until midseason to make a deal, or they get a trade exception, yippee. Paul is locked up for a while, and can do nothing about it

tredigs
08-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Knicks were burnt last time when they went all in on LeBron. There is still no guarantees he is going to New York. With all these reports coming now that NY isn't his only preferred destination, they would be better off giving up what they have to, so that they don't have to put up with that.

I was talking about Cleveland getting burned (although they were a contender and had to hold on to him in hopes he would return, while Denver realistically is not. So it makes a deal by them even easier in this case), not the Knicks.

Beyond that, they should be taking all offers immediately and get him out before the season begins (while his value is at its peak). I know Denver fans love Melo, but he's not a guy that is going to lead a team to the promise land as a #1, so they should take consolation in that and just get ready to rebuild a bit.

edit:

sure. But why not push to see what else you can get out of a team desperate to land another star? I would at least ask for Gallo, Chandler, and Curry. Nothing less

Agreed - push for whatever they can get. But they would be wise not to say "Screw you all" and keep all their eggs in the Melo basket (an overrated basket at that) if they can't get better than Gallo/Curry/1st (if this rumor is even true).

Stunner
08-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Denver doesn't have near the leverage. They have until midseason to make a deal, or they get a trade exception, yippee. Paul is locked up for a while, and can do nothing about it

Anyway it goes Nuggets can trade him anywhere they want.

kozelkid
08-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Taj was the 26th pick in last years draft, and while he did put up decent numbers (have to stress decent), he is not a player with much - if any - upside. The guy is already 25 years old, he's not going to be a force at any point in this league. A solid backup on a contender is about his peak imo. They can definitely find another Taj in the draft if that's what they want (though they would probably prefer the 1st round pick as it gives them more flexibility to cater to their team).

Chandler or Douglas added make it a deal that Denver would probably have to take, imo. And like I said in an earlier post - if NY includes Randolph in this then they should ship Melo on the next red-eye to JFK.

I think Taj is capable of starting on a contender if that contending team has a very good center (like at least Bogut good). I don't see any reason why Taj can't at the least be a PJ Brown or Joe Smith type player. That's not easily found and he was quite a rebounder after the first 2 months. Check the splits if you don't believe me. I just don't think Gallo/pick/curry necessarily beats Taj/Deng.
Now it gets interesting when we start talking about Randolph cause while his upside is special, he hasn't shown much maturity. Same can be said with the Charlotte pick in the sense that it can very well luck out like the Vancouver pick for Detroit in 03 (except for the Darko part).
Overall, I don't know. What I do know is that Bulls can easily end it with Noah, but it would be a lateral move. If not, Gallo is probably the most valuable piece available. I definitel think that NY probably got Denver's attention. It's not a bad offer, for a first.

PrettyBoyJ
08-17-2010, 06:45 PM
damn I wouldnt wanna give up Gallo.. he got a bright future

IversonIsKrazy
08-17-2010, 06:46 PM
I hope Nugz' have a good season so he stays. We need to see some Loyalty in this league. They should try finding some better pieces in the post. They should try trading K-Mart packaged with some else for a post player like Okafor. But the Nugz FO is just laying back and doing nothing. Atleast Cleveland last year were signing FA's, trading for star players, giving their best shot to keep LeBron. Denver isn't really doing much.

I hope Denver REJECTS this offer, then trade K-Mart for a post player like Okafor, and then have a good playoff run

rick66ankiel24
08-17-2010, 06:48 PM
If they made that trade, the Knicks lineup would be:
pg: felton
sg: walker
sf: melo
pf: randolph
c: stoudemire

stoudemire isn't a center, simple as that. he can't/won't guard any big man, and bill walker isnt good enough to start on any high seeded team in the league.

they'd be a solid team no doubt, but they'd probably be a 4 or 5 seed.

1. Heat
2. Magic
3. Celtics
4. Bulls
5. Knicks
6. Hawks
7. Bucks
8. Wizards

Hawkeye15
08-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Anyway it goes Nuggets can trade him anywhere they want.

exactly right. Melo doesn't have a no trade clause, so if he wants to ***** his way out, get the most you can for him. The PROBLEM is, if Melo makes it clear he will has only a few teams on his radar, a team that isn't on his list would not trade away young talent and cap relief for a one year rental who will just leave them.

yanksknicksgmen
08-17-2010, 06:52 PM
If they made that trade, the Knicks lineup would be:
pg: felton
sg: walker
sf: melo
pf: randolph
c: stoudemire

stoudemire isn't a center, simple as that. he can't/won't guard any big man, and bill walker isnt good enough to start on any high seeded team in the league.

they'd be a solid team no doubt, but they'd probably be a 4 or 5 seed.

1. Heat
2. Magic
3. Celtics
4. Bulls
5. Knicks
6. Hawks
7. Bucks
8. Wizards

Would be Chandler/Azibuike over Walker. Plus Randolph wont start I would think we Put Amare at the 4 and start Turiaf at center.

rockets-fan
08-17-2010, 06:52 PM
the only way i see other teams offering for melo is if they are instant title contenders...for example houston(just sayin rockets cuz i know every player on the team) and others that will be top teams with melo...maybe melo would take an extension if the team he gets traded to go's to the finals or somethin...idk

ChiSox219
08-17-2010, 06:53 PM

They lost Felton and Chandler.
The only young piece they have capable of breaking out is Tyrus Thomas
Nets, Knicks, and Pacers improved. Philly finally has a competent coach to manage a fairly talented roster.

Did you read what he said or just look at some generic salaries site?

Deng's cap hit is different from the amount of money he is owed each season. This is because his salary has been deferred so the Bulls pay the full $71 million out over several years and because of inflation, costs the Bulls less money immediately and long term.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

Luol Deng
2010 – 2011
$11,355,850

2011 – 2012
$12,341,275

2012 – 2013
$13,326,700

2013 – 2014
$14,312,125

There you go. That's all-star money....

See above

Also, Deng earned at least his the salary he was paid last year. It seems in the NBA, to be an all-star or deserve more than $10m, you better be on Sportscenter A LOT. Deng diverse game had a huge impact on both sides of the court and you can see this impact and how high up he ranked here:

1 year (http://basketballvalue.com/topplayers.php?year=2010%20playoffs&mode=summary&sortnumber=94&sortorder=DESC)
2 year (http://basketballvalue.com/topplayers.php?year=2010%20playoffs&mode=summary&sortnumber=92&sortorder=)

That's wrong, his contract is worth $51.2m over the next 4 years.

Would you rather want a 25 year old that averaged 17 and 7 at $51.2m, or a 22 year old that average 15 and 5 at $3.3m with an option for $4.5m?

Exactly. That Bulls package is absolute garbage.

And if Gallinari turns out to be as great as every Knick fan expects, he will be extended and will earn $10+ million (likely more if Gallo is on a level similar to Rudy Gay). So it becomes:

Deng 4yrs/43.6m
Gallinari 4yrs/27m-36m

If Gallo improved, say to a level equal to Deng, he'd get close to the max and make somewhere between $20m and $25m depending on how the next CBA goes.

So, even at $4 million more per year, I'm taking Deng because he is one the most complete players in the league and his APM/RAPM has been outstanding for years.

Probably not, but it's a hell of a start. Better than losing Melo for 2 picks like Cavs or Toronto. If they can get Chandler and/or Douglas, then I think they are doing well at least for rebuilding.
I can't really think of any team offering a better package unless NJ decides to offer Devin and/or Favors or Bulls throw in Noah. Though I'd be interested what Denver would think of a combination of Deng and Taj plus picks.

I think one full season of Melo and then losing him in Free Agency is better than making this trade with the Knicks. The Nuggets could S&T melo for picks, let Billups and KMart go. They'd be left with a ton of cap space, a young rising star PG, Nene, Andersen, Afflalo as a RFA with cheap cap hold and JR's bird rights.

Also, if you give it a year maybe Carmelo decides to stay.

Either way, Carmelo leaves and you still clear cap space which is what you get with Curry. So the deal is basically Gallinari and a 1st round pick in what, 2013? Or the Rockets pick in '12?

Nuggets have Billups expiring (more money and talent) and KMart's (more money) that are more value plus Carmelo expires anyway.

Like I said, if Gallinari gets a big extension, he could make over $30 over the next 4 years. I'll take Deng at $43.6m real/52 cap hit.

When Gallinari starts playing the advanced game Deng has possessed for a while now, then I'd change my mind.

I agree with the rest but the trade you proposed is...well I don't like it. Nene is extremely talented and his contract is more than reasonable. Absolutely no reason to add him to this deal because I wouldn't trade him for Chandler and Randolph, let alone just Chandler.

knickerbockerny
08-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Bulls fans should just be comfortable with their team. There are no reports linking Carmelo to the Bulls, and to get a deal done, the Bulls would have to include Noah... leaving them without a center.

In regards to the deal put forward, it is just a feeling out process. We all know that it is going to take more to get the deal done.

A deal of Gallinari+Chandler+ Curry's expiring+ future first would hopefully get the job done.

If that is not enough the Knicks can add Randolph to that package, but If I was the Knicks and I did that I would make it necessary that the Nuggets their 2011 first round pick.

A Nut Da 1
08-17-2010, 06:55 PM

your crazy thats a terrible deal for denver

tredigs
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I think Taj is capable of starting on a contender if that contending team has a very good center (like at least Bogut good). I don't see any reason why Taj can't at the least be a PJ Brown or Joe Smith type player. That's not easily found and he was quite a rebounder after the first 2 months. Check the splits if you don't believe me. I just don't think Gallo/pick/curry necessarily beats Taj/Deng.
Now it gets interesting when we start talking about Randolph cause while his upside is special, he hasn't shown much maturity. Same can be said with the Charlotte pick in the sense that it can very well luck out like the Vancouver pick for Detroit in 03 (except for the Darko part).
Overall, I don't know. What I do know is that Bulls can easily end it with Noah, but it would be a lateral move. If not, Gallo is probably the most valuable piece available. I definitel think that NY probably got Denver's attention. It's not a bad offer, for a first.

Taj doesn't suck - he's just not a player that does anything exceptionally well (I'll give you the rebounding - but that was mostly due to the fact that Noah was barely or not playing due to planter fasc and he was the only competent one in the post for much of the time). Plus Bogut is arguably the 2nd best center in the league, doesn't get much better ; ]

And again, I think losing Noah automatically kills any future chances the Bulls had to get out of the east. They need to find a way to sign another scorer (or pray Deng reaches max potential) without losing either Rose/Boozer/Noah. Keeping Noah is more important to them succeeding than getting Melo - by a long ways.

Anyway, enough speculation (especially about the Bulls) from me until something substantial actually comes out - but I like where your heads at for the most part.

A Nut Da 1
08-17-2010, 06:57 PM

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Mello
Durant

denver doesn't want douglas they are happy with the pg they have

Hawkeye15
08-17-2010, 06:57 PM
I agree with the rest but the trade you proposed is...well I don't like it. Nene is extremely talented and his contract is more than reasonable. Absolutely no reason to add him to this deal because I wouldn't trade him for Chandler and Randolph, let alone just Chandler.

then sub in Chris Anderson and the mistake of a deal they gave him for Nene, and now it works outright. Anderson/Melo for Curry/Gallo/Chandler/2nd rounder :)

Matt NJ 77
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
While everyone is bashing the Knicks offer and saying that other teams have more to offer, which they very well might, you are all no looking at 1 thing.......... If Carmelo Anthony wants to play in NY for the Knicks, and all indications point that way, NO TEAM in the nba is going to trade players/draft picks etc. at the cost it would take to get Carmelo Anthony knowing that he is going to walk away after this season, sign with the Knicks and then they have nothing..... similar to what would happen to the Nuggets if they held onto him all season and then he walked. Teams arent stupid.

while Eddy Curry's expiring contract and a player and a draft pick down the line may not be the best offer, it may be the only option because NO team is surrendering the talent and picks it would cost for Carmelo knowing its a 1 and done thing.

think about it

A Nut Da 1
08-17-2010, 06:59 PM
just hypothetically what teams are going to offer a better package than this if Melo lets it be known he wants to go to NY?

Not saying he does but if so this offer starts looking a lot better to Denver than losing him outright after the season.

chicago gives Deng ,Taj, JJ , Bobcats #1 and Our # 1

A Nut Da 1
08-17-2010, 07:01 PM

? ? are you serious?