PDA

View Full Version : Dwight/Melo/CP3 vs Lebron/Wade/Bosh

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Which trio would you rather have?

Baller1
08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

The only possible better threesome would be something like Kobe/Durant/Howard.

Minimal
08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
I love numbers.

LeBron James 29.7 PPG - 7.3 RPG - 8.6 APG - 1.6 SPG - 1.0 BPG
Dwyane Wade 26.6 PPG - 4.8 RPG - 6.5 APG - 1.8 SPG - 1.1 BPG
Chris Bosh 24.0 PPG - 10.8 RPG - 2.4 APG - 0.6 SPG - 1.0 BPG
Overall 80.3 PPG - 22.9 RPG - 17.5 APG - 4.0 SPG - 3.1 BPG

Chris Paul 18.7 PPG - 4.2 RPG - 10.7 APG - 2.4 SPG - 0.2 BPG
Carmelo Anthony 28.2 PPG - 6.6 RPG - 3.2 APG - 1.3 SPG - 0.4 BPG
Dwight Howard 18.3 PPG - 13.2 RPG - 1.8 APG - 0.9 SPG - 2.8 BPG
Overall 65.2 PPG - 24.0 RPG - 15.7 APG - 4.6 SPG - 3.4 BPG

Averages:
LeBron, Wade, Bosh 26.7 PPG - 7.4 RPG - 5.8 APG - 1.3 SPG - 1.0 BPG
Paul, Melo, Howard 21.7 PPG - 8.0 RPG - 5.2 APG - 1.5 SPG - 1.1 BPG

Both combos are good, could have a great chemistry and are great at defence, but Miami Thrice are far better scorers, that's why I would take LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

Best NBA combo would be LeBron, Wade, Howard.

Minimal
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
The only possible better threesome would be something like Kobe/Durant/Howard.
And who would be the playmaker? Kobe or Durant? Who will make alleyoops to Dwight? They both aren't that of a great playmakers.
Paul, Melo, Dwight > Kobe, Durant, Dwight.

tredigs
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
How exactly are Paul/Melo/Dwight coming together, again?

I do know that I'd much rather have Wade/Lebron/Bosh (Miler) than Cp3/Melo/Amare (at least in this case there is a possibility of it happening).

Baller1
08-17-2010, 05:33 PM
And who would be the playmaker? Kobe or Durant? Who will make alleyoops to Dwight? They both aren't that of a great playmakers.

I would take Kobe over Paul any day of the week.
Durant is better than Melo.

So Durant/Kobe playing alongside Dwight is the better combo.

Ebbs
08-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Obviously lebron ,Wade, Bosh is superior.

But I really think Dwight, Melo, CP3 would just mesh way better. Melo can be the #1 and score effectively. CP3 will control the pace and Dwight will anchor the D.

Gators123
08-17-2010, 08:32 PM
LeBron, Wade and Bosh

patsspurscubs
08-17-2010, 10:25 PM
I would take Kobe over Paul any day of the week.
Durant is better than Melo.

So Durant/Kobe playing alongside Dwight is the better combo.

You completely missed the point of his post.... He was not arguing that Kobe is better than Paul, he is saying that for a trio to be good there needs to be a playmaker. Neither Kobe nor Durant is a very good playmaker.

EDIT: I got off topic with that little tid bit. My answer is Lebron/Wade/Bosh.

abe_froman
08-18-2010, 01:33 AM
the first one,you get abit of everything with two very important base's covered

dominate center to proved the d,scorer and pg to dish it to everyone

TylerSL
08-18-2010, 08:08 AM
the first one,you get abit of everything with two very important base's covered

dominate center to proved the d,scorer and pg to dish it to everyone

wow dude the numbers tell the better story.............

todu82
08-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Dwight/Melo/CP3

Baller1
08-18-2010, 02:48 PM
You completely missed the point of his post.... He was not arguing that Kobe is better than Paul, he is saying that for a trio to be good there needs to be a playmaker. Neither Kobe nor Durant is a very good playmaker.

EDIT: I got off topic with that little tid bit. My answer is Lebron/Wade/Bosh.

If you really believe Kobe is not a playmaker than I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

I despise Kobe, but that doesn't mean I'm going to shun reality.

The Miami Cheat
08-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Dwight/Melo/CP3

i agree

Vidball
08-19-2010, 01:18 PM

So who has been the playmaker for Kobe's 5 rings? Fisher? The triangle offense would work just fine bro!

Vidball
08-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Dwight, CP3, and Melo for sure. Dwight is the best defender in the game and Melo stepped up his D big time last year. Melo is also the best pure scorer of the guys listed and Dwight and CP3 would have a nasty pick n' roll game together. It's hard to pick against the best Center and PG together with a top 3 scorer in the NBA.

kobemelo
08-21-2010, 06:09 PM
dwight melo n cp3 would be too much for anyone to handle :cool:

kobemelo
08-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Dwight, CP3, and Melo for sure. Dwight is the best defender in the game and Melo stepped up his D big time last year. Melo is also the best pure scored of the guys listed and Dwight and CP3 would have a nasty pick n' roll game together. It's hard to pick against the best Center and PF together with a top 3 scorer in the NBA.

what he said

LBJ6
08-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Position wise Center-forward-guard combination is much ideal, since they could compliment each other much better than a PF,SF,SG combination, but still I would go talent-wise I go with Lebron/Wade/Bosh.

NJBASEBALL22
08-23-2010, 01:35 AM
If its a game of 3 on 3, I'm going with the Miami three. If its a team game and these tandems were the building blocks, I would take the cp3/melo/howard.

TylerSL
08-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Wade>Paul
Lebron>Melo
Bosh<Howard
Howard is more dominate than Bosh, but Bosh is much better on offense. Wade is better than CP3, and LBJ is better than Melo. Miami Big 3

LTS
08-23-2010, 07:38 PM
I love numbers.

LeBron James 29.7 PPG - 7.3 RPG - 8.6 APG - 1.6 SPG - 1.0 BPG
Dwyane Wade 26.6 PPG - 4.8 RPG - 6.5 APG - 1.8 SPG - 1.1 BPG
Chris Bosh 24.0 PPG - 10.8 RPG - 2.4 APG - 0.6 SPG - 1.0 BPG
Overall 80.3 PPG - 22.9 RPG - 17.5 APG - 4.0 SPG - 3.1 BPG

Chris Paul 18.7 PPG - 4.2 RPG - 10.7 APG - 2.4 SPG - 0.2 BPG
Carmelo Anthony 28.2 PPG - 6.6 RPG - 3.2 APG - 1.3 SPG - 0.4 BPG
Dwight Howard 18.3 PPG - 13.2 RPG - 1.8 APG - 0.9 SPG - 2.8 BPG
Overall 65.2 PPG - 24.0 RPG - 15.7 APG - 4.6 SPG - 3.4 BPG

Averages:
LeBron, Wade, Bosh 26.7 PPG - 7.4 RPG - 5.8 APG - 1.3 SPG - 1.0 BPG
Paul, Melo, Howard 21.7 PPG - 8.0 RPG - 5.2 APG - 1.5 SPG - 1.1 BPG

Both combos are good, could have a great chemistry and are great at defence, but Miami Thrice are far better scorers, that's why I would take LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

Best NBA combo would be LeBron, Wade, Howard.

As much as I like wade CP3 would round out that team better and create more chemistry and hes younger

X12Celtics3
08-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Both of these trios are/would be very talented, but in my opinion the Paul, Anthony, and Howard trio would be much better for an actual team. With Wade, Lebron, and Bosh, you have two scoring wings who want the ball in their hands and an offensive low post presence. This causes a problem, with too much offense to go around. I know that that is a good problem to have, but I just don't think that it is an ideal group of players together. Defensively, Wade and Lebron are very good players, and can probably make up for Bosh. All three players are scorers, and all three will be able to shoot and, in effect, score less by being on the same team.

With the other trio, you have a distributing point guard to spread the ball around and be the second option on offense. You have a dominant scorer to feed off of Paul's great passes, and down low you have one of the best rebounders and defensive big man in the league. There is incredible balance, and all three players can excel at what they do without being hindered at all by the rest of the team. In fact, all three players should benefit from eachother. Paul's assists will be easier with two superstars to pass to, Anthony's scoring will be easy with Paul feeding him the ball, and Howard should get some easy looks in addition to rebounding.

Wade>Paul
Lebron>Melo
Bosh<Howard
Howard is more dominate than Bosh, but Bosh is much better on offense. Wade is better than CP3, and LBJ is better than Melo. Miami Big 3

This is true, but more should go into this than individual talent. Chemistry and balance should be brought into this as well... its hard to debate which trio has more talent in their individual players, but individual talent doesn't necessarily mean automatic team success.

marlinsfan24
08-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Wade, James, and Bosh.

Niro
08-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Obviously lebron ,Wade, Bosh is superior.

But I really think Dwight, Melo, CP3 would just mesh way better. Melo can be the #1 and score effectively. CP3 will control the pace and Dwight will anchor the D.

this
i think cp3/mello/dwight fit together better than lebron/wade/bosh eventhough they are the better players

WadeKobe
08-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I am shocked at the ignorance.

The top 2 guys every year in PER and you're going to pick against them? Are you kidding me?

One guy out of the group has won a championship and has proven he can carry a team with the greatest finals performance of all time... and you're going to pick against him?

THAT guy is teaming up with the best player in the whole game, the most amazing athelete the game has ever seen... and you're going to pick against them?

3 of the top 4 PER guys in the league last year... and you're going to pick against them?

Ignorance. Pure and simple.

icej
08-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Lets put things in the right perspective:

3 on 3 - cp3+melo+dwight = wins

BUT

5 on 5 - dwade+lbj+bosh = wins

Because: Dwight is the only rational factor in which the 1st option would possibly be better but, a good defensive big center could easily level his advantage in a 5 on 5.

So which is it, 5 on 5 or 3 on 3?

nuggetsyankees
08-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Dwight/Melo/CP3...their playing styles mesh much better than Wade/LeBron/Bosh...i honestly don't think that team goes anywhere...too many flaws and big egos...down the stretch of games Lebron and Wade would eat each other alive for who gets the ball in the final 2 min...feelings would be hurt...i feel shane battier would be ideal there next offseason for the MLE

WadeKobe
08-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Dwight/Melo/CP3...their playing styles mesh much better than Wade/LeBron/Bosh...i honestly don't think that team goes anywhere...too many flaws and big egos...down the stretch of games Lebron and Wade would eat each other alive for who gets the ball in the final 2 min...feelings would be hurt...i feel shane battier would be ideal there next offseason for the MLE

Egos getting in the way? The same egos that caused them to sacrifice stats and tens of millions of dollars? Those Egos?

Or... maybe you mean the ego that Wade has that would cause him to take less money than either of them to stay on his own team and allow the best player in the game to come play on his team....

That ego?

This whole ego/competition drum quit beating the moment they signed. I don't know why some keep trying to beat on it.

icej
08-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Egos getting in the way? The same egos that caused them to sacrifice stats and tens of millions of dollars? Those Egos?

Or... maybe you mean the ego that Wade has that would cause him to take less money than either of them to stay on his own team and allow the best player in the game to come play on his team....

That ego?

This whole ego/competition drum quit beating the moment they signed. I don't know why some keep trying to beat on it.

The simple answer is because that is the only drum(team) that sounds better than the others. ;) Its an envy thing ya know.

JordansBulls
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM
I am shocked at the ignorance.

The top 2 guys every year in PER and you're going to pick against them? Are you kidding me?

One guy out of the group has won a championship and has proven he can carry a team with the greatest finals performance of all time... and you're going to pick against him?

THAT guy is teaming up with the best player in the whole game, the most amazing athelete the game has ever seen... and you're going to pick against them?

3 of the top 4 PER guys in the league last year... and you're going to pick against them?

Ignorance. Pure and simple.

Dwight, Melo and CP3 have all led teams to at least a #2 seed before. Bosh here is the weak link.