PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo's future

fadedmario
08-17-2010, 01:58 PM
If the New York Knicks get Carmelo. Will they be better than the Heat? Take into consideration what they would have to give up to get him (maybe Gallinari or Chandler plus picks).

black1605
08-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Miami would still be a lot better, and you would have to give up a lot more than Chandler or Gallinari.

abe_froman
08-17-2010, 02:01 PM
nope

and any deal would have to include gallo+more

John Walls Era
08-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Heat would still be better.

fadedmario
08-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Miami would still be a lot better, and you would have to give up a lot more than Chandler or Gallinari.

plus two first round picks would probably do it. he's going to leave anyway.

abe_froman
08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
plus two first round picks would probably do it. he's going to leave anyway.

havent they maxed out on their ability to trade picks for awhile???

mikealike305
08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
no... they would need more than melo

Uncle Sam
08-17-2010, 02:06 PM
If the New York Knicks get Carmelo. Will they be better than the Heat? Take into consideration what they would have to give up to get him (maybe Gallinari or Chandler plus picks).

No. That would make them a top 4 team in the east but still they would need a couple more role players or another stud to put them selves anywhere near the heat.

fadedmario
08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
havent they maxed out on their ability to trade picks for awhile???

you may be right. not sure...

Venomous88
08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
The Knicks would be competing with the Bulls and Hawks rather than the Heat, Celtics, or Magic.

thescore53
08-17-2010, 02:08 PM
this is another chris bosh situation, just trade his arse. seriously he's gonna drag it out then break your heart at the end

NBA-GMaster
08-17-2010, 02:09 PM
nope..

fadedmario
08-17-2010, 02:10 PM
The Knicks would be competing with the Bulls and Hawks rather than the Heat, Celtics, or Magic.

They'd compete with those two for sure. Melo and Stoudemire on the same team would be scary.

mRc08
08-17-2010, 02:10 PM
hard to say considering one team, the heat, we havent seen play and the other hasn't been put together yet.

Sorry, i just think its funny that we are asking how good a team that doesn't exist would be agianst a team that could win 72 games or a team that could win 50-60. no one knows.

MacFitz92
08-17-2010, 02:11 PM
To Dallas!

For Caron Butler + Roddy Beuabois + DS + Picks

fadedmario
08-17-2010, 02:15 PM
hard to say considering one team, the heat, we havent seen play and the other hasn't been put together yet.

Sorry, i just think its funny that we are asking how good a team that doesn't exist would be agianst a team that could win 72 games or a team that could win 50-60. no one knows.

I'd bet the farm that the Heat win at least 60 games this year. 2-3 years from now they will be competing for 70 wins IMO.

Hustla23
The Knicks don't have to make any unfavorable deals for Melo.

If he really is intent on coming to New York, we can either:

1.) Renounce Chandler, Curry, Azubuike and dump Turiaf and sign Melo outright.

2.) Sign and trade Chandler + other filler contracts + picks for Melo.

Venomous88
They'd compete with those two for sure. Melo and Stoudemire on the same team would be scary.Both of those two are pretty limited to their positions, plus they have a thin bench

Go_NUGGETS
08-17-2010, 02:18 PM
No, because the Nuggets are better with Melo then the Knicks would be.

Like I said, Melo played with another superstar in A.I.,with Andre Miller as PG....AND WE ALL seen how that worked out....Melo needs a PG like Billups, not Felton.

Maybe if CP3 went to the Knicks, only then will I say the Knicks are better with Melo then the Nuggets are.

bedelato2
08-17-2010, 02:21 PM
People are ********. When have we ever seen the best two players (Arguably) on the same team other than the olympics. Only that has a shot at beating the Heat are the lakers and celtics due to their size. Not a Heat fan just saying these guys have a chance to steam roll the league. Its going to take a lot to take them if they gel well together, and I think they will easily.

JDMVP
08-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Gotta be NY, Melo and STAT with NY would be awesome. Im not gonna say that I want Melo out of Denver but if I was Denver Org., I would trade him it would be really useless to for them seeing him go for nothing. I mean they still have Chauncey, K-mart, Nene and JR smith contracts so they wont be under the cap. Im NY, I will trade Gallo, Chandler and Eddy Curry contract and a pick for Melo.
STAT
Anthony Randolph
Melo
Mason
Felton
A line up like this would be great for NY.

abe_froman
08-17-2010, 02:37 PM
They'd compete with those two for sure. Melo and Stoudemire on the same team would be scary.

naw,they dont play defense.those two teams do.

as well the talent(starpower,which so important to you guys)doesnt match celtics

SurGiiCaL
08-17-2010, 02:39 PM

Bosh < Amare Anthony > D wade Lebron < Knicks Bench

gg

SurGiiCaL
08-17-2010, 02:40 PM

Hawks.. ha

Venomous88
08-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Is Surgiical a spambot?

markbutter
08-17-2010, 02:54 PM

Given the Nuggs are over the cap and Melo is at ~17.M this season, I believe salaries have to be within 25% of each other. So I think you're talking Curry's expiring and Galinari + picks. But NY has traded away their 2012 & 2014 (you can't trade consecutive year #1s) so you're looking at 2016 or 2nd rounders.

thescore53
08-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Is Surgiical a spambot?

all his post have come in the past 20 mns lol

FKNRUEHH925
08-17-2010, 02:56 PM
now if you add Melo and Cp3...are the knicks better or just as good as the heat?

abe_froman
08-17-2010, 03:02 PM
now if you add Melo and Cp3...are the knicks better or just as good as the heat?

no,but they'd be fun to watch

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 03:03 PM

Not really. Knicks would be in the same tier as Orlando, Chicago and maybe Boston by that time.

HornetsSolution
08-17-2010, 03:23 PM
No, because the Nuggets are better with Melo then the Knicks would be.

Like I said, Melo played with another superstar in A.I.,with Andre Miller as PG....AND WE ALL seen how that worked out....Melo needs a PG like Billups, not Felton.

Maybe if CP3 went to the Knicks, only then will I say the Knicks are better with Melo then the Nuggets are.

Why do CP3 have to go to NY? Why not bring Melo to NO. Darius Songaila+ Peja Stojakovic+Quincy Pondexter+2 First Round Draft picks and maybe even throw in Marcus Thornton.

PG Chris Paul
SG Trevor Ariza
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF David West
C Emeka Okafor

That's better than any line up that the Knicks can throw at you.

Minimal
08-17-2010, 03:32 PM
I think current Denver with Melo is much better than "future" New York with Melo. New York needs to bring a good true pg to help Melo and Amare and to become top 4 team in the east.

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Why do CP3 have to go to NY? Why not bring Melo to NO. Darius Songaila+ Peja Stojakovic+Quincy Pondexter+2 First Round Draft picks and maybe even throw in Marcus Thornton.

PG Chris Paul
SG Trevor Ariza
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF David West
C Emeka Okafor

I would much rather see this lineup in New Orleans out west than make the east jammed packed with teams.

cheetos185
08-17-2010, 03:38 PM
nope Heat would still be better

jackdawson
08-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Sorry, they won't be anywhere near the Heat with Melo and Amare. Add Chris Paul in the mix then you may have something to talk about even though Miami will still be better by clear difference.

BAMF
08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
On the next episode of dawson's creek. dawson gets to eat a ice cream cone. yay!

netsgiantsyanks
08-17-2010, 03:55 PM

PG Chris Paul
SG Trevor Ariza
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF David West
C Emeka Okafor

that is a good lineup, but trevor ariza isnt a sg.

mjqusoldier
08-17-2010, 03:57 PM
yea because they would have a way better suppporting cast and not a bunch of scrubs coming off the bench like the heat have.

KJ21.the.truth
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Melo to o town!?!?!?!?!?!

Pipe dreams..............

THE MTL
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
We only compete with the heat if we pick up Melo as a free agent thus retaining all of our players.

ecorrea
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry, they won't be anywhere near the Heat with Melo and Amare. Add Chris Paul in the mix then you may have something to talk about even though Miami will still be better by clear difference.

dilusional. add chris paul and then you "may have something to talk about" lol. you add paul and you have a better nucleus than the heat imo. better chemistry thats for sure. you actually have a pg on a team with paul, melo, stat, and a damn good one at that. cant say the same about mario.

Hoopsadvocate
08-17-2010, 04:32 PM
ON paper if the knicks got carmleo still wouldnt even be close to the HEAT. If were talking best team he could go to i'd say are LA (no brainer kobe.melo,pau) NO (Paul,Melo,West comes damn close to the HEATS big 3) Magic (Jameer,melo,howard) and last the bulls (rose,melo,boozer) in that order.

JayW_1023
08-18-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm not rooting for him if he joins the Knicks. These superstar team-up trends are ridiculous and bad for the league. I might just give up watching basketball alltogether if this trend continues.

I hope teams like the Celtics, Magic and Lakers will prove my point next season that a balanced team with role players will trump a team with three superstars.

abe_froman
08-18-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm not rooting for him if he joins the Knicks. These superstar team-up trends are ridiculous and bad for the league. I might just give up watching basketball alltogether if this trend continues.

I hope teams like the Celtics, Magic and Lakers will prove my point next season that a balanced team with role players will trump a team with three superstars.

?? those teams you named have superstars

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 01:50 AM

PG Chris Paul
SG Trevor Ariza
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF David West
C Emeka Okafor

Uhhh no...How about bringing CP3 to Denver...

KMART-AFFLALO for CP3...LOL. Commee onn.

JayW_1023
08-18-2010, 01:50 AM
?? those teams you named have superstars

But they real teams built around one alpha star...not superstars in their primes clustering together because they are too chickenshizzle to carry a team alone.

Go_NUGGETS
08-18-2010, 01:51 AM
I think current Denver with Melo is much better than "future" New York with Melo. New York needs to bring a good true pg to help Melo and Amare and to become top 4 team in the east.

FINALLY!!! A guy with a brain.