PDA

View Full Version : Heat vs knicks rivalry 2.0

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
We all remember the heated rivalry between the the knicks & heat in the 90's.
If Carmelo Anthony does infact get traded or goes to New York via free agency will they're be a rebirth of the rivalry??

I'm not a knick fan or a heat fan, but I was a fan of that rivalry and I enjoyed all the epic battles between the two teams! Miami's only real compition in the east is Boston and maybe Orlando! I see Melo going to Newyork as being good for the league and the compition in the east (if it does happen).

Would you guys like to see Mello in a knick jersey just for the sake of compition for the big three in MIA. I think it would be very entertaining! specially if new york is able to add another big name player like Paul or Tony Parker and create a big three of they're own!!

Venomous88
08-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow, you must be the first person to think of this :clap:

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Wow, you must be the first person to think of this :clap:

LOL is that sarcasim ?

Slimsim
08-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Miami would still be better But the Knicks chances at beating them would increase. But it's all Media Hype atm We wll see when that time comes.

beasted86
08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Wasn't this the same question last summer about the Heat having Wade & Bosh, and Knicks having LeBron & Amar'e?

Ask this question only after Carmelo signs with the Knicks.

Bubba313
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
If Carmelo Anthony does infact get traded or goes to New York via free agency will they're be a rebirth of the rivalry??

I'm not a knick fan or a heat fan, but I was a fan of that rivalry and I enjoyed all the epic battles between the two teams! Miami's only real compition in the east is Boston and maybe Orlando! I see Melo going to Newyork as being good for the league and the compition in the east (if it does happen).

Would you guys like to see Mello in a knick jersey just for the sake of compition for the big three in MIA. I think it would be very entertaining! specially if new york is able to add another big name player like Paul or Tony Parker and create a big three of they're own!!

I used to love that rivalry. It was crazy how they would fight and how passionate they all were about winning. Totally different game now. I just hope that guys like Amare and Melo can keep their friendship off the court so they can have this kind of fire when playing their friends for a championship. I don't like all the smiles and handshakes. You never saw Pippen and Ewing loving each other.

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I used to love that rivalry. It was crazy how they would fight and how passionate they all were about winning. Totally different game now. I just hope that guys like Amare and Melo can keep their friendship off the court so they can have this kind of fire when playing their friends for a championship. I don't like all the smiles and handshakes. You never saw Pippen and Ewing loving each other.

NEVER.. you never saw them showing eachother love!! it was a war!!

and although the game has changed and ivovled since then the talented is superior so im looking for a war in showmanship this time around if it idoes happend. im with you dude, i loved that rivaly!!

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Wasn't this the same question last summer about the Heat having Wade & Bosh, and Knicks having LeBron & Amar'e?

I dont remember if this same question was asked I didn't see that thread maybe it got lost in the other 200 000 000 lebron threads!!

this thread is about if you enjoyed the rivalry and if you would be excited to see a rebirth of the rivalry. kinda like LA & Boston in the finals last year!!

its off season, there isnt a whole lot to talk about plus I think it would be crazy if it really happened I just wanna know if theyre are others who would be excited about it.

Khalifa21
08-16-2010, 08:57 PM
It's a big IF, but of course IF Melo came to NY the rivalry would be reignited. The Knicks would be propelled to a top 4/5 team in the East (around the Bulls and Hawks, still one notch beneath the Heat, Magic and Celtics) and they would have the talent to beat that Heat team.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. It would be nice but nothing is guaranteed.

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 08:58 PM
It wont be a rivalry, well it depends how you define rivalry, yeah it would be entertaining and fun to watch but the Heat would be winning the majority of the time, Melo is a second tier star, he would not make the Knicks legitimate contenders.

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 09:01 PM
It wont be a rivalry, well it depends how you define rivalry, yeah it would be entertaining and fun to watch but the Heat would be winning the majority of the time, Melo is a second tier star, he would not make the Knicks legitimate contenders.

2nd tier star ? carmelo anthony is a super star dude and is a top 10 player in the league today! im not saying they would be an instant contender but surely if you pair him up with amare and a good suporting cast they would be compeating for the eastern conference finals!! dont you think ? im not saying they would win but they would be compeating

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 09:06 PM
2nd tier star ? carmelo anthony is a super star dude and is a top 10 player in the league today! im not saying they would be an instant contender but surely if you pair him up with amare and a good suporting cast they would be compeating for the eastern conference finals!! dont you think ? im not saying they would win but they would be compeating

His offensive game is elite but for several reasons he's considered by some to be a notch below first tier players, I really dont think they would be ligitimate contenders, they would obviously be alot better but I dont think that you would be able to say with a straight face that they are contenders.

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to happen and the Knicks become contenders, I as long as probably the whole country(lol) would want to see the Knicks take down you know who.

mikealike305
08-16-2010, 09:12 PM
There won't be a rivalry for one reason.... And it's names is ZO. He isn't on the court so no rivalry

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
His offensive game is elite but for several reasons he's considered by some to be a notch below first tier players, I really dont think they would be ligitimate contenders, they would obviously be alot better but I dont think that you would be able to say with a straight face that they are contenders.

so who would you say is better then him at his position ?? lebron ? durant ? who else ? he is a top three player at his position to me that makes him elite but i understand what your saying he is not a mega star like kobe, lebron ect..

To me amare, mello with felton, gallo, anthony randolph amongst others as a suporting cast they will be in contention for the eastern conference finals along with mia, boston, orlando & chicago, Im not sayin they are the favourites to win it but they will be compeating!! if they can also land chris paul or toni parker then yes straight up I think they will be contenders but these are big IF's im throwing out there. I for one think amare and carmelo together would be a deadly combination.

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 09:30 PM
There won't be a rivalry for one reason.... And it's names is ZO. He isn't on the court so no rivalry

key word here is rebirth my man! kinda like LA & boston in the finals are a rebirth of the old rivalry between the two teams.

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to happen and the Knicks become contenders, I as long as probably the whole country(lol) would want to see the Knicks take down you know who.

Yeah i hear you and thats what id like to see ultimatley, stiff compition for miami because in order to see great games, and playoff series it requirs for teams to be able to match up against the heat. I dont want to see blow outs all the time..

the east is getting strong!! and im loving it. my raptors will still suck but atleast there will be nice games to watch with all these super teams around.

dhopisthename
08-16-2010, 09:36 PM
I think in order for it to be a rivalry both teams would need to be on equal footing and melo alone would not do that

Yunqn
08-16-2010, 09:36 PM
well n.o def isnt moving paul...
and you dont know if a team like washinton presents a package of blatche or mgee with gilbert..denver isnt givin him away..i deeply believe ya have the pieces and are destined for rubio & melo..not a shot in hell felton leads ya..and amare is 28 and parker would be 29 i think next year..all these years and ya get older injuried players? gallo,randolph & first for love & rubio..hope melo doesnt get traded..then chandler for rudy..hope portland realize that n.y & chicago can only land rudy...

ricky
rudy
melo
amare
love&turiaf thats a 5th or 4th seed..depending if they play defense

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
What would the Knicks give up for Rubio, or what would it take?

Hoopsadvocate
08-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Even though i hate the knicks ive kinda wanted them to get better (just no by getting lebron) it would be fun if they got melo (though i know i would regret it later not because theyd beat us but because some of the incredibly ilogical NY fans would think their team is better and id have to hear them talk crap for the whole season but then it would be all worth it to see them lose in the playoffs :D

godolphins
08-16-2010, 10:28 PM

that's a great sig

Kashmir13579
08-17-2010, 04:31 AM

wow, this guy definitely knows what he's talking about

tredigs
08-17-2010, 04:46 AM
wow, this guy definitely knows what he's talking about

Replace 2nd tier "star" with 2nd tier superstar, and I agree with him here. They would be **** defensively, and that can't be overlooked. The Heat would smash that team (with Melo) 10/10 times, imo.

Tommyh1331
08-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Amare is overated, Nash made him look good, second NY getting Melo and that is a HUGE IF wouldn't solidify them as a threat to Boston or Orlando...the Heat haven't done shii yet and until they do I don't want to hear it

Evolution23
08-17-2010, 05:16 AM
Even though i hate the knicks ive kinda wanted them to get better (just no by getting lebron) it would be fun if they got melo (though i know i would regret it later not because theyd beat us but because some of the incredibly ilogical NY fans would think their team is better and id have to hear them talk crap for the whole season but then it would be all worth it to see them lose in the playoffs :D

or we might have to drop another allan houston shot too cool u guys down :)

smith&wesson
08-17-2010, 06:15 AM
that's a great sig

lol thanks brotha

DWills
08-17-2010, 08:32 AM
lmao

i forsee yet another knicks letdown.....gonna be so cool when it happens to em again

GMEN4EVER
08-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Thing with playing Miami is that they may have the better top three even if we get Melo, but we've got the potential to have a vastly superior supporting cast, and that could make it a very even match up.

Ethix11
08-17-2010, 09:34 AM
I welcome Knick rivalries because of the smack talk but at least NYs are not homers which makes it fun.

However.... Melo never did and now never will play Defense on Mike D' Antoni's team so i hope you guys get Paul and figure out a way to rival us because Miami has always been known for its stifling D.

GMEN4EVER
08-17-2010, 09:51 AM
I welcome Knick rivalries because of the smack talk but at least NYs are not homers which makes it fun.

However.... Melo never did and now never will play Defense on Mike D' Antoni's team so i hope you guys get Paul and figure out a way to rival us because Miami has always been known for its stifling D.

This current team doesn't set up too well defensively. Lebron gets those exciting come from behind blocks, but he's really nothing special defensively. Wade is very good on D though. But then Bosh is a big softee, and the heat lack a dominant center to clean up down low. Chalmers isn't that great either, and Miller isn't a defensive force as well. Haslem gives good effort, but at 6'7" tall he's vastly undersized, that won't bode well for him trying to keep Amar'e in check. The heat will be great on offense, but i'm not a fan of what they bring to the table on the defensive side, they are definitely a beatable team.

Amar'e and Melo on O with shooters like Azubuike and Gallo will give the Heat some major headaches. I seem to remember Melo putting up some pretty good games against Lebron, so he could be a vital piece in giving the Knicks the win over the heat.

OA SLAY
08-17-2010, 10:04 AM

dumbest quote of the day

AlcaTrakz
08-17-2010, 10:17 AM

I love how grown men signing million billion dollar contracts that have nothing to do with people on an individual level, somehow makes these people feel as if they are superman, grow a set they've never had, and become the cockiest MoFo's on the planet.

Miami fans turned into real classy people when they signed "the big 3" :clap:

mikealike305
08-17-2010, 10:18 AM
if melo went to NY it would make them good but not title contenders and it wont make them on the heats level.... there would be no D on that team.
lebron>melo
bosh>amare
wade>rest of knicks lol jk

AlcaTrakz
08-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Ethix11

LOL REALLY? Heat NBA Points against rankings...

09-2010 - 2nd
08-2009 - 12th
07-2008 - 14th
06-2007 - 8th
05-2006 - 14th

Other than LAST YEAR That seems pretty mediocre to me...lol

OA SLAY
08-17-2010, 10:26 AM
if melo went to NY it would make them good but not title contenders and it wont make them on the heats level.... there would be no D on that team.
lebron>melo
bosh>amare
wade>rest of knicks lol jk

your 1073 post in less than a month are always knowledgeable aswell as infromative :clap: I nominate you for best posts for the month of July

mikealike305
08-17-2010, 10:42 AM
your 1073 post in less than a month are always knowledgeable aswell as infromative :clap: I nominate you for best posts for the month of July

haha thank you, thank you, i try my best lol

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Bosh > Amare in a game is very debatable ..... When has Bosh played in any meaningful high pressure games.. A handful at best in his 7 yr career. Amare is battle tested and has been a big game performer.

scutch11
08-17-2010, 12:07 PM
it would prob take more than melo, however, if one of gallo or randolph breaks out, they can be the 3rd and 4th best players on the team

obviously thats a big IF, but both are lottery picks who are very young with a lot of potential. if they play really well, then the knicks would have a big 4, as opposed to the heats supersized 3, which may or may not be able to challenge them

GMEN4EVER
08-17-2010, 12:29 PM
it would prob take more than melo, however, if one of gallo or randolph breaks out, they can be the 3rd and 4th best players on the team

obviously thats a big IF, but both are lottery picks who are very young with a lot of potential. if they play really well, then the knicks would have a big 4, as opposed to the heats supersized 3, which may or may not be able to challenge them

Exactly, if those two live up to the potential they'll be a real pain to match up with. I don't see anyone on the heat that has the size and quickness to keep Randolph in check if he develops that mid range game, he's too quick for Lebron or Bosh to cover 1v1. Amar'e will give them problems as well. Gallo can definitely become a much better player than Miller. If you add in Melo, who has shown the ability to put up big games on Lebron, the knicks will have a great chance of beating them. It's a big IF, but it's something to look forward to and at least enjoy the beginning of it this year. For now the Heat are better, but the knicks still have a shot at being on their level in the future, and for once we're not terrible in the meantime as well.

SurGiiCaL
08-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Um they lost lee for amare amare is a lil bit better knicks arent going to the playoffs watch

Ethix11
08-17-2010, 12:44 PM

09-2010 - 2nd
08-2009 - 12th
07-2008 - 14th
06-2007 - 8th
05-2006 - 14th

I may have gotten a little carried away but we were 14th the year we won 15 games. We kept all the best defenders from last year and added to it so I think that they will be better this year. Wasen't LeBron in the running for DPOY? Back in the 90's the Knicks and Heat were very defensive oriented teams but that has always stayed the Heat's motto. Honestly, I wanted Amare at the 5 and Beasley at the 4 since he was our best prospect. Your bench has potential with Gallo and Randolph. BUT I think a simple MLE is good enough to use to bolster the depth.

ManRam
08-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Um they lost lee for amare amare is a lil bit better knicks arent going to the playoffs watch

And that was the only person they brought in????

Felton, Kelenna, Turiaf and Randolph wont help??

TheTakeOver24
08-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Yup, Mourning and Ewing would have dinner together after games but they still gave 110% on the court against each other during the rivalry.

TheTakeOver24
08-17-2010, 12:59 PM

09-2010 - 2nd
08-2009 - 12th
07-2008 - 14th
06-2007 - 8th
05-2006 - 14th

Historically the Heat-Knicks rivalry (back in the day) were almost all defensive struggles.