PDA

View Full Version : Denver Post Article: Melo is leaning towards leaving. ESPN confirms

Pages : [1] 2

Highlight
08-16-2010, 10:15 AM
An article in the Denver Post argues that the Nuggets are faced with the "grim conclusion" that Carmelo Anthony is leaning toward signing elsewhere as a FA next summer.
There are warning signs everywhere the Nuggets look these days: "He's selling his Littleton [Colorado] estate; the constant reports of Anthony telling friends that he wants to play for the New York Knicks; his New York wedding; his East Coast upbringing; summer trade talk that has cropped up twice in his time in Denver, which hasn't always made him feel wanted; oh, and not signing a contract that averages around $21.6 million per year for the next three years." Denver might eventually choose to trade him rather than letting him walk for nothing, but right now that's pure speculation.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_15790008?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

scutch11
08-16-2010, 10:16 AM
here we go again...

SurGiiCaL
08-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Sighs... NBA has gone to teaming up with superstars rather then playing for your city and staying with your team.. you see kobe he's a beast? he wins a title every year you know why? becasue he knows how to play with his team and thats why miami will not win as many titles as they think if not 1.

effen5
08-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Well if this is the case, this is def good news for NYC, f Lebron, get a player that actually wants to play for NYC.

lvlheaded
08-16-2010, 10:24 AM
In a very non-homer way I believe Melo, if he leaves Denver, ends up either a Knick or a Net, more likely a Knick. His wife's career benefits from being in New York, he went to Syracuse and he is from Brooklyn.(which is why I listed the Nets)

To not jump all over that extension says to me he isnt gungho about staying in Denver and it seems like the Knicks are always who he is linked to. Not to mention the Knicks are not as unappealing to free agents as they once were.

Very good news for Knick fans

G-Menfan4lyfe
08-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Sighs... NBA has gone to teaming up with superstars rather then playing for your city and staying with your team.. you see kobe he's a beast? he wins a title every year you know why? becasue he knows how to play with his team and thats why miami will not win as many titles as they think if not 1.

:facepalm:

Yeah such a beast because he has had stacked teams also. Look at what happened after Shaq left and before Gasol got to LA. Kobe was a whiny ***** who wanted to leave LA. Funny how people forget that happening.

Southsideheat
08-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Trade him to the Bulls for Deng and Noah.

lamonster
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM

I guess you didn't realize that Kobe pretty much dictated where he was going out of high school. He refused to go to the Nets and Charlotte had to trade him to LA.

GMEN4EVER
08-16-2010, 10:41 AM

Lol, Kobe couldn't wait to get out of LA after Shaq was gone. And he hardly played with a team when he was with Shaq, those two did not like each other at all. This latest version of the Lakers team is different, but before 3 years ago Kobe wasn't much of a team player and wanted desperately to get out of LA.

GMEN4EVER
08-16-2010, 10:43 AM
And give Melo a break, he's from NY and Baltimore, and went to Syracuse. His wife wants to live in NY. He has no reason to stick it out in Denver other than that's the team that drafted him.

Southsideheat
08-16-2010, 10:46 AM
He's got to listen to the wife now.

heattiltheend94
08-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Denver is a very complete team and is not lacking in any position (maybe PF). If they trade Melo, they should try trading him for another allstar Sf.
Example:
Melo to Pacers for Granger, Hibbert, and George.

JordansBulls
08-16-2010, 10:56 AM
So the Knicks will get Tony Parker and Melo next year?:speechless:

Southsideheat
08-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Denver is a very complete team and is not lacking in any position (maybe PF). If they trade Melo, they should try trading him for another allstar Sf.
Example:

Yeah, Melo so wants to go to Indiana.

lvlheaded
08-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Example:

If he is leaning toward leaving Denver what makes you think he will stay in Indiana and without a long term commitment from Melo, I highly doubt the Pacers give up their young stars and talented rookie for him.

b_russ
08-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Kobe was placed in the perfect situation right from the get go. In no way does his situation apply to your point.

scutch11
08-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Kobe was placed in the perfect situation right from the get go. In no way does his situation apply to your point.

not only that but he fought and *****ed to get there

Kakaroach
08-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Sounds like some columnist making a list. I saw the report that said he didn't feel like signing the extension, but nowhere about playing somewhere else. Still, guess they go hand-in-hand.

RaiderLakersA's
08-16-2010, 11:16 AM

That would be a nice duo for Gotham City.

RaiderLakersA's
08-16-2010, 11:24 AM

Exactly, listening to Dr. Buss' Hall of Fame acceptance speech, it's crazy to even bring Kobe's name into this discussion. Someone with vision (Jerry West) had a plan for the Lakers that included teaming up KB with Shaq from the get go.

Has Melo publicly announced his intentions? I wouldn't mind seeing him in NY. I think he'd be great in Garden. Can you imagine if the NYK were able to build a contender, what the renewed rivalries in the East would be like?

PrettyBoyJ
08-16-2010, 11:32 AM
I think he will be a knick reason being is whenever his contract talks are being brought up the knicks are the only team that is seem to show interest.. Idk if any other team has come out and said we want to wait for Carmelo next summer or try to pursue him in a trade

Jays Claw
08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Another summer of insanity? :sad2:

HornetsSolution
08-16-2010, 11:36 AM

You show about that? Parker on the wrong side of 20's and Amare a injury waiting to happen. At this point Melo would be the only 1 on the court and he have a bit of a injury history.

bbcmillionaire
08-16-2010, 11:37 AM
We bulls fans can only dream, lol I like deng, but for melo? Bye bye loul

KnicksorBust
08-16-2010, 11:39 AM
What I don't get is why Denver is offering a 3 year extention instead of a 5 or 6 year?

HornetsSolution
08-16-2010, 11:42 AM
What I don't get is why Denver is offering a 3 year extention instead of a 5 or 6 year?

Because he have a player option next year which is actually a 5yr deal if you include this year.

Slimsim
08-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Wow and The fact that the knicks don't have to worry about competition with Chicago or Miami during FA should make the 2011 off season all the sweeter. Now for any team thinking about trading for Melo i wouldn't do it unless i'm 100% sure he will sign and extension

xbrackattackx
08-16-2010, 11:43 AM
I want Mello in NYC just saying.

DenButsu
08-16-2010, 11:44 AM
The thread title is pretty damn misleading.

More accurate would be:

"One Denver sports writer thinks signs point to Melo leaving".

As it is now, "Melo IS LEANING TOWARD signing elsewhere", well that's just way too definitive, and there is absolutely no solid evidence at that provides any concrete validity to that assertion.

It's unfortunate that Chris Dempsey has replicated the attention-grabbing antics of the likes of the legendary "Hoopsworld's Alex Kennedy" (about whom I ask again, "Who?"). Not his finest hour. Oh well, he's got to do his part to keep the dying newspaper industry afloat somehow, I suppose.

DenButsu
08-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Because he have a player option next year which is actually a 5yr deal if you include this year.

Exactly. And this deal would actually take him through 2015.

HornetsSolution
08-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I think he will be a knick reason being is whenever his contract talks are being brought up the knicks are the only team that is seem to show interest.. Idk if any other team has come out and said we want to wait for Carmelo next summer or try to pursue him in a trade

Don't worry about that. If he actually becomes available alot of teams will give the knicks a run for they money.. Teams just don't put all they eggs in 1 basket like the knicks do.

The Miami Cheat
08-16-2010, 11:47 AM

i think they'll get melo but not parker.....melo cp3 and amare will b good for them

DenButsu
08-16-2010, 11:49 AM
i think they'll get melo but not parker.....melo cp3 and amare will b good for them

No possible way that happens unless they acquire Melo via trade.

RaiderLakersA's
08-16-2010, 11:51 AM
You show about that? Parker on the wrong side of 20's and Amare a injury waiting to happen. At this point Melo would be the only 1 on the court and he have a bit of a injury history.

Great PG's are like a fine wine. They pick their spots and contribute in very effective ways well into their mid to late 30's.

I said duo intentionally leaving Amar'e out of the discussion. I don't see him being a beast 2 - 3 years down the road. Parker to Melo would be the Knick's bread and butter, if this happens.

NYKnicks4511
08-16-2010, 11:52 AM
The thread title is pretty damn misleading.

More accurate would be:

"One Denver sports writer thinks signs point to Melo leaving".

As it is now, "Melo IS LEANING TOWARD signing elsewhere", well that's just way too definitive, and there is absolutely no solid evidence at that provides any concrete validity to that assertion.

It's unfortunate that Chris Dempsey has replicated the attention-grabbing antics of the likes of the legendary "Hoopsworld's Alex Kennedy" (about whom I ask again, "Who?"). Not his finest hour. Oh well, he's got to do his part to keep the dying newspaper industry afloat somehow, I suppose.

I concur.

Honestly there will be some way we'll get screwed over before we can even think about getting Melo. Whether it be Isiah, Dolan, Walsh potentially leaving, D'Antoni not winning with 'his guys', etc, we should just focus on building through our stud young pieces right now, and worry about Melo / <insert FA here> when the time comes.

Chandler, Gallo, Azubuike, Randolph, Mozgov, Douglas isn't anything to hang our heads about. If Randolph and Gallo prove themselves to be All Star caliber players this year we might not even have to worry about Carmelo, and we can focus on getting a true shooting guard via trade.

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Wow and The fact that the knicks don't have to worry about competition with Chicago or Miami during FA should make the 2011 off season all the sweeter. Now for any team thinking about trading for Melo i wouldn't do it unless i'm 100% sure he will sign and extension

If Denver decides to trade Carmelo there will be suitors, I tend to belive that any team who tried to aquire him would want to see if Carmelo would be open to the idea of signing an extension before the deal was consummated, if Carmelo believes that he can possibly be the final piece to that particular team to be a legitimate contender you have to belive that he possibly would sign. If this scenario was to unfold I belive the Knicks are taking a big gamble if they try and wait for the offseason and not give up pieces in a trade for him as it has been suggested by many Knick fans here.

Slimsim
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
If Denver decides to trade Carmelo there will be suitors, I tend to belive that any team who tried to aquire him would want to see if Carmelo would be open to the idea of signing an extension before the deal was consummated, if Carmelo believes that he can possibly be the final piece to that particular team to be a legitimate contender you have to belive that he possibly would sign. If this scenario was to unfold I belive the Knicks are taking a big gamble if they try and wait for the offseason and not give up pieces in a trade for him as it has been suggested by many Knick fans here.

Knicks are under no pressure. We have a pretty nice young team So if Carmelo comes great if he doesn't oh well. I don't think the Knicks will Gut out their whole roster to get Carmelo before the trade deadline. And i don't think a contending team would have much to offer to make Denver want to pull the trigger either.

knicksfan23
08-16-2010, 12:10 PM
melos gettin ***** whipped but it works for me....c ya in ny next year!! :)

netsgiantsyanks
08-16-2010, 12:13 PM

stop you do remember kobe wanting to get traded after the lakers started to suck? but hey, i would be mad too if i dropped 55 points and my team still loses :rolleyes:

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Knicks are under no pressure. We have a pretty nice young team So if Carmelo comes great if he doesn't oh well. I don't think the Knicks will Gut out their whole roster to get Carmelo before the trade deadline. And i don't think a contending team would have much to offer to make Denver want to pull the trigger either.

Really! Wow I can think of teams that can offer more than the Knicks can and also give him a better chance at being on a legitimate contender

dhopisthename
08-16-2010, 12:16 PM

I don't think they have the cap space:shrug:

beasted86
08-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Melo should find a way to get himself to New Orleans.

PG: Paul
SG: Ariza / Thornton
SF: Melo / Ariza
PF: West
C:: Okafor

That's a pretty monster rotation with a big 3 in Paul, Melo, and West. 3 Allstar scorers... Two solid defenders in Okafor & Ariza.... and a 6th man scorer in Thornton.

bkmikeyy
08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Really! Wow I can think of teams that can offer more than the Knicks can and also give him a better chance at being on a legitimate contender

I don;t think some people understand how this works...I get it a lot of you don't like the Knicks/their roster...w.e. Point is the "better" teams CANNOT get Melo without TRADING for him, and trading for a guy like Melo involves gutting the rosters that are apparently so much better than the Knicks. The Knicks are one of very few teams that can take on Melo next year with the roster they have going into this season intact. So no, he cannot get TRADED to a team that will offer him a better chance to win.

Lakersho
08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Lol, Kobe couldn't wait to get out of LA after Shaq was gone. And he hardly played with a team when he was with Shaq, those two did not like each other at all. This latest version of the Lakers team is different, but before 3 years ago Kobe wasn't much of a team player and wanted desperately to get out of LA.
...NO , damn It's called aplying pressure on front office. get it right...

...Kinda looks that way JB , the gardens callin...

If he is leaning toward leaving Denver what makes you think he will stay in Indiana and without a long term commitment from Melo, I highly doubt the Pacers give up their young stars and talented rookie for him.
...THANKYOU, Why do posters write and not think, Indiana is not gonna give up any guys for a half season of play from anybody. Your right bro. and ya they would want a extension they wouldn't get from melo, so no deal is the final answer.

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I don;t think some people understand how this works...I get it a lot of you don't like the Knicks/their roster...w.e. Point is the "better" teams CANNOT get Melo without TRADING for him, and trading for a guy like Melo involves gutting the rosters that are apparently so much better than the Knicks. The Knicks are one of very few teams that can take on Melo next year with the roster they have going into this season intact. So no, he cannot get TRADED to a team that will offer him a better chance to win.

So you're basically saying that if the Nuggets try and move Carmelo by the deadline that no team will make an offer?

beasted86
08-16-2010, 12:28 PM

I agree with most of this, but I want you to be honest with us...

Is Felton, Gallinari, Randolph, Amare and Chandler with D'Antoni coaching "a whole lot" better than Billups, JR Smith, K-Mart, Nene, Lawson and Harrington with Karl coaching?

Please be realistic in your response.

SNYmets86
08-16-2010, 12:28 PM
i just hope my knicks fans dont go out and start puttin melo as their sig lol

bkmikeyy
08-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree with most of this, but I want you to be honest with us...

Is Felton, Gallinari, Randolph, Amare and Chandler with D'Antoni coaching "a whole lot" better than Billups, JR Smith, K-Mart, Nene, and Harrington with Karl coaching?

Please be realistic in your response.

First off D'Antoni was considered a very good coach before he had a team of losers and misfits the past few seasons. Second the problem with the Nuggets is that they are past their prime, with very little young talent. As great as Billups is, the guy will be 38 towards the end of the extension if Melo signs it, K-mart is on a steady decline as well, and as for Harrington I have had the pleasure (not really) of watching him the past 2 seasons and I can say I am thrilled he is not wearing a Knick jersey anymore. So today, sure the Nuggets are arguably the better team, however in 2 years when billups is in his late 30s that might not be the case. I am not saying he is leaving Denver, because they do have a good team there, but people saying Melo wont win in NY and will if he gets traded elsewhere is a little ridiculous. Truth is IF he wants to leave NY is probably his best option.

SNYmets86
08-16-2010, 12:34 PM
First off D'Antoni was considered a very good coach before he had a team of losers and misfits the past few seasons. Second the problem with the Nuggets is that they are past their prime, with very little young talent. As great as Billups is, the guy will be 40 towards the end of the extension if Melo signs it, K-mart is on a steady decline as well, and as for Harrington I have had the pleasure (not really) of watching him the past 2 seasons and I can say I am thrilled he is not wearing a Knick jersey anymore. So today, sure the Nuggets are possibly the better team, however in 2 years when billups is 38 years old that might not be the case. I am not saying he is leaving Denver, because they do have a good team there, but people saying Melo wont win in NY and will if he gets traded elsewhere is a little ridiculous. Truth is IF he wants to leave NY is probably his best option.

this x2

oak2455
08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Example:

You wouldnt want him on the Knicks is that you Lebron:confused:

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 12:38 PM
First off D'Antoni was considered a very good coach before he had a team of losers and misfits the past few seasons. Second the problem with the Nuggets is that they are past their prime, with very little young talent. As great as Billups is, the guy will be 40 towards the end of the extension if Melo signs it, K-mart is on a steady decline as well, and as for Harrington I have had the pleasure (not really) of watching him the past 2 seasons and I can say I am thrilled he is not wearing a Knick jersey anymore. So today, sure the Nuggets are possibly the better team, however in 2 years when billups is 38 years old that might not be the case. I am not saying he is leaving Denver, because they do have a good team there, but people saying Melo wont win in NY and will if he gets traded elsewhere is a little ridiculous. Truth is IF he wants to leave NY is probably his best option.

Before the Miami thing happened I would of agreed with you, but now with the Heat expected to dominate and also I dont see Orlando going away, and I haven't even mentioned Chicago which is currently considerably better than the Knicks.

beasted86
08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
In 2 years Billups will be 36, not 38... firstly... and secondly, I edited my post and added in Lawson. He has potential to at least be as good as Felton if not better.

Harrington as weak as he was as a first option, is easily arguably a better 6th man than Chandler. Will you at least agree that much?

Overall, I'm not trying to bash on the idea that NY couldn't be as good as the Nuggets currently are... my only issue is many Knick fans are hyping this as though their team is already a lot better than the Nuggets are and he has no reason to re-sign with them.

Once again the mainstay reasoning for signing with the Knicks (as was with LeBron) is not necessarily they will be favorites in the East, or their team is better "right now" than their current team... but the main focus is still their market being better.

bkmikeyy
08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Before the Miami thing happened I would of agreed with you, but now with the Heat expected to dominate and also I dont see Orlando going away, and I haven't even mentioned Chicago which is currently considerably better than the Knicks.

you still don't get it though... nowhere have I said they would definitely win if Melo comes. I'm just saying NY provides a solid team that would be competitive with Melo IF he decides he wants to leave Denver. In fact it could be argued that he has a better chance of winning in NY, but I'm not going to start that debate until the current Knicks prove themselves.

bkmikeyy
08-16-2010, 12:48 PM
In 2 years Billups will be 36, not 38... firstly... and secondly, I edited my post and added in Lawson. He has potential to at least be as good as Felton if not better.

Harrington as weak as he was as a first option, is easily arguably a better 6th man than Chandler. Will you at least agree that much?

Overall, I'm not trying to bash on the idea that NY couldn't be as good as the Nuggets currently are... my only issue is many Knick fans are hyping this as though their team is already a lot better than the Nuggets are and he has no reason to re-sign with them.

Once again the mainstay reasoning for signing with the Knicks (as was with LeBron) is not necessarily they will be favorites in the East, or their team is better "right now" than their current team... but the main focus is still their market being better.

I fixed my post too, and I honestly didn't see one Knick fan say Knicks would become favorites or anything close to that. The Knicks would have a competitive team though. Its not like Knicks fans are starting rumors that Melo wants to leave, its the media, so all we are saying is IFFFFFFF melo decides to leave, NY would be a good choice and they would be a very good team. To say Lawson can be as good as Felton doesn't really sway your argument towards Denver being a good place for Melo. When their best young player has the potential to be a average starting PG it doesnt say much for their future.
Harrington is the true definition of a loser that can score. This is the same guy that had TWO game costing technicals for hanging on the rim against the same exact team in one season. He will single handedly win you 5 games....and lose you 10.

YankeesNets11
08-16-2010, 12:51 PM
I hope he either goes to the Nets or stays with the Nuggets, but all signs point to him going to the Knicks.

Slimsim
08-16-2010, 12:52 PM

Actually Denver won't get equal value for a guy like Melo. And what makes you think the front office would trade their franchise player to a contender how would that make them look if they don't get equal value back in return. It's not like Denver is in rebuilding mod They are a elite Title contending team that underachieve this year in the playoffs.

Sadds The Gr8
08-16-2010, 12:54 PM
That'd suck for Denver if he left. They don't have much young talent...they'd prolly be bad for 2-3 years.

Unruly Fan
08-16-2010, 12:57 PM

I'm sure the signing of Gasol had nothing to do with the recent success he's been having also.

knickerbockerny
08-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I do agree with a previous poster. If Carmelo Anthony becomes available tomorrow the Knicks would be making a colossal gamble not trying to acquire him via trade.

With the Wizards being an up and coming team in the East and at a low team salary they could possibly be a more attractive suitor to Carmelo than my beloved Knicks. They also have the peices to enable them to make a major trade for Melo. Plus they are closer to Melo's hometown than the Knicks are.

Play the waiting game and you can get burned.

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Actually Denver won't get equal value for a guy like Melo. And what makes you think the front office would trade their franchise player to a contender how would that make them look if they don't get equal value back in return. It's not like Denver is in rebuilding mod They are a elite Title contending team that underachieve this year in the playoffs.

Denver is not gonna get equal talent in return from anybody, it's highly unlikely, however they are gonna want young talent in return and either 1 or 2 first round picks, they are not gonna settle for just expiring contracts IMO. I doubt that Denver will make the same mistake that Cleveland did and look to get something for Melo if they do decide to trade him, i still think he ends up staying in Denver.

t_money25
08-16-2010, 01:20 PM
I'd rather see Melo get traded to Orlando.......

Kyben36
08-16-2010, 01:23 PM
not worried, he will get traded because the Nuggets will feel the Lebron james effect.

shep33
08-16-2010, 01:47 PM
It's going to be hard to trade him, especially if he has his sights on only 1-2 teams. Nobody is going to bite on that trade obviously unless its a team of his choosing, cause he can just pack up an leave after the season is over. This is going to hurt Nugget fans... only way he stays is if the Nuggets make it to the finals, which is possible but still very unlikely.

So he's most likely going to pull a lebron... maybe not to the extent that LBJ did it, I mean if he has his eyes set on the Knicks and doesn't lead any other teams on, then really no big deal. Won't be looked at as negatively as LBJ's move.

iFYouSeekAmy
08-16-2010, 02:17 PM
He's going to the Warriors!

icon1914
08-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Carmelo would be a solid fit for the Bulls but the question would the Nuggets want a long term bad contract in return? Deng would almost have to be part of any trade. Deng has a pretty bad contract considering his production.

And could the Bulls resign Noah and Rose if they max out Melo next year? I guess that depends how much Noah wants.

And while I am a Knicks fan I refuse to update the 2011 roster just yet... NYC has to show they can compete. I doubt Melo would be dying to go to a Knicks team that wins 28-36 games with a solid roster.... unless it's not about winning.... And if not about winning I really don't want to see him in a Knicks jersey.

HornetsSolution
08-16-2010, 02:35 PM

Because Melo holds all the leverage. They basically have to trade him to the teams he want or next year he sign with another team an they get nuthing or they do a sign and trade and the team give them players or picks they don't want.

Squad13
08-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I guess you didn't realize that Kobe pretty much dictated where he was going out of high school. He refused to go to the Nets and Charlotte had to trade him to LA.

:facepalm: Link

PC
08-16-2010, 03:20 PM

I'm pretty sure the Hornets and Lakers agreed to a deal of Divac for the #13 pick before Kobe was even drafted...

Wade>You
08-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Sighs... NBA has gone to teaming up with superstars rather then playing for your city and staying with your team.. you see kobe he's a beast? he wins a title every year you know why? becasue he knows how to play with his team and thats why miami will not win as many titles as they think if not 1.It's amazing how one offseason can change the perspective of the average fan. :laugh2:

SluggeR
08-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Yeah such a beast because he has had stacked teams also. Look at what happened after Shaq left and before Gasol got to LA. Kobe was a whiny ***** who wanted to leave LA. Funny how people forget that happening.

Before he got gasol, kobe was screaming from the mountain tops that he wanted to leave L.A. Why should a player want to waste his prime years playing for a non-contender? Folks sound like idiots when they say players should be loyal to teams, when teams are not loyal to players. What have the nuggets done this offseason to make melo think they want to win a ring?!

shep33
08-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the Hornets and Lakers agreed to a deal of Divac for the #13 pick before Kobe was even drafted...

Haha very true.

RIPSweetness34
08-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Haven't you watched the new Batman's? Chicago is Gotham city now. :D
Only way I see him goin to the Bulls though is if we trade for him and make a run at it all, then maybe he says I have a chance with this squad. Other than that most likely the Knicks, which makes me sad.

goblazers7
08-16-2010, 03:33 PM
come to p-town

goblazers7
08-16-2010, 03:34 PM
batum and oden for melo

goblazers7
08-16-2010, 03:34 PM
or batum + miller + rudy

bkmikeyy
08-16-2010, 03:38 PM
:facepalm: Link

The afternoon of the draft, Nash received two phone calls one from Bryant and one from his agent, Arn Tellem.

"They said Kobe had had a tremendous change of heart," Nash said. "Kobe suggested he wouldn't play in New Jersey."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/02playoffs/2002-06-04-phil-kobe.htm

RIPSweetness34
08-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Pure speculation based on ones own opinion

BkOriginalOne
08-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Of course he is.. If you can't be the aging Lakers, how can you defeat the Miami Trio.

Form your own young trio? Yes.

NYKNYGNYY
08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Example:

this makes me lol, the pacers wouldnt give up there team for a guy whos gonna play 1 season with them, they wouldnt even have a shot at winning a title if they gave up there best players, why would they do this?

i do hope he goes to NY not gonna speculate anything till hes back in orange, dont want my hopes going up like they did with lebron:facepalm:

RIPSweetness34
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Ths, but I have read many of BMikeys posts before, he is the definition of a NY homer. I don't think the Bulls would be gutted if they traded Deng, Taj, and draft picks which would be considerably better than anything NY can offer. I don't have to mention Orlando bc that would be considerably better as well. Short of going to OKC, those are the only teams I see competing with the Lakers and Heat for years to come, maybe Portland too if they can stay healthy.

Rose/Watson
Brewer/Korver
Melo
Boozer
Noah

Douglas/Felton
Gallo
Melo
Amare/Randolph
Curry

PC
08-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I can't believe some of you guys (especially Bulls and Knicks fans) are getting all hyped up for Melo a month after the LeBron fiasco:laugh2:

abe_froman
08-16-2010, 03:55 PM
I can't believe some of you guys (especially Bulls and Knicks fans) are getting all hyped up for Melo a month after the LeBron fiasco:laugh2:

i'm not! :D

NYKNYGNYY
08-16-2010, 03:56 PM
i'm not! :D

x2 no need for another heartbreak

Iron24th
08-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Nuggets fans will hate Melo like Cavs fans hate LBJ now.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-16-2010, 04:02 PM

I don't think Melo will make an hour live show saying he will leave the Nuggets

DKGiants
08-16-2010, 04:05 PM

what are you talking about?? you just start watching the NBA 2 years ago??? :facepalm:

Before you started watching basketball 2 years ago Kobe had one of the worst records in the league a few years ago and his team sucked and he wanted to leave. he was crying to get traded cuz his team sucked so that makes him a ***** for wanting to leave. and you know why he won the title the last 2 years?? maybe because he has the best players around him. no team in the NBA was close to as stacked as the Lakers were these last 2 seasons. you watch when Miami slaps them this year.

JonnyBrav000
08-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Come to New York Melo, build your brand and pass LaQueen and give him another reason to cry, aside from you beating him in the regular season, which for some reason really makes Lebron cry smh:facepalm:

KDM1986
08-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Melo and Amare would be a great duo for the knicks. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

nyanks79
08-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Ths, but I have read many of BMikeys posts before, he is the definition of a NY homer. I don't think the Bulls would be gutted if they traded Deng, Taj, and draft picks which would be considerably better than anything NY can offer. I don't have to mention Orlando bc that would be considerably better as well. Short of going to OKC, those are the only teams I see competing with the Lakers and Heat for years to come, maybe Portland too if they can stay healthy.

Anthony Randolph is one of the highest prospect in the NBA. GMs love him. His cieling is leaps ahead of Gibson. Knicks also have Chandler, Douglas to throw in along with Currys expiring. How is Taj Gibson and overpaid Deng considerably better then wheat the Knicks can offer?

The Raven
08-16-2010, 04:21 PM
if he leaves, expect denver to raise hell

JonnyBrav000
08-16-2010, 04:28 PM

No they won't, Lebron was a special case because I don't think Carmelo would be stupid enough to create such a buzz about leaving and accounce it on television like "the decision". Instead when the time is right, Carmelo will be smart enough to let the Nuggets organization know about his plans to leave, if that is his choice. Lebron really hurt his brand by being such an egotistical idiot. Even Heat fans cannot deny how Lebron decided to leave Cleveland was just plain stupid.

bkmikeyy
08-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Rose/Watson
Brewer/Korver
Melo
Boozer
Noah

Douglas/Felton
Gallo
Melo
Amare/Randolph
Curry

you call me a homer and then offer Deng and Gibson for Melo.....then mention only the bulls, lakers, magic and okc can compete with heat...
Draft picks mean nothing from a team that would have rose, melo, boozer.

IversonIsKrazy
08-16-2010, 04:34 PM
I really hope Melo stays Loyal with the Nugs and re-signs

masalex1205
08-16-2010, 04:39 PM
let the ridiculously bad trade offers begin

NYKNYGNYY
08-16-2010, 05:02 PM
I really hope Melo stays Loyal with the Nugs and re-signs

I don't :D

Frankroc_MIYAYO
08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Come to New York Melo, build your brand and pass LaQueen and give him another reason to cry, aside from you beating him in the regular season, which for some reason really makes Lebron cry smh:facepalm:

Why? Because he's not in a N.Y uniform? WOW? That's some serious hate right there especially from a guy who probably wished "LaQueen" went to their team.

Regardless though - do you think that with Melo going to N.Y they can beat Miami?

Who would NY give up to get Melo? What kind of team can you build around them once you give up everything for a player of Melo's caliber?

It would be interesting to revive the Miami / NY rivalary but even so I don't see NY being anywhere near Miami's level right now.

NYKNYGNYY
08-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Why? Because he's not in a N.Y uniform? WOW? That's some serious hate right there especially from a guy who probably wished "LaQueen" went to their team.

Regardless though - do you think that with Melo going to N.Y they can beat Miami?

Who would NY give up to get Melo? What kind of team can you build around them once you give up everything for a player of Melo's caliber?

It would be interesting to revive the Miami / NY rivalary but even so I don't see NY being anywhere near Miami's level right now.

youd be saying the same things if he didnt go to the heat and dont say you wouldnt, you wouldnt be the only person out of all the fans that were in the "lebron race" that would still love lebron, and if the knicks had carmello they could beat the "unbeatable" miami cheat, not saying they would but they could

markbutter
08-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Basically, unless Melo says he wants to go to team X (NY), nobody is going to trade for him just to see him leave unless they're in luxury tax hell. But the nugguets have a boat load of expirings this year, Melo 17m, Afflalo 2M, KMart, 16M, Lawson 1.5M, JR Smith, 6.75M, A. Carter & Sheldon Williams at 850K each, that's ~45M right there.

They may be able to do a trade with a piece or two of their own expiring contracts to entice another team, get some pieces and then use cap savings next summer. However, they are already 25M over the cap right now. So assuming they trade Melo + an expiring (??) and get some pieces and then are able to resign their own next summer (since they are allowed to exceed the cap to do so I think), they may not be out of cards, but they don't have very many to play.

It might not be bad to take Curry & Gallinario from NY. It fills a front court need at worst and at best is an expiring and Gallinario can take Melo's spot somewhat. They can resign Galinario next summer and let Curry walk and pick and choose who they want to resign from their own FA expirings. Sure beats letting him walk for free. Or take Murphy + a piece from NJ, who's also an expiring contract. Again, beats letting him walk for free.

JDMVP
08-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Just trade him, If Denver still wants a good team then trade him to be on the safe side.

8kobe24
08-16-2010, 05:34 PM

Funny how Kobe didn't go asking for top 3 players in the league.:facepalm:

HabsFan87
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
To the guy who bashed when I said he's going to the Knicks, FU. I knew he was, his family new it, his friends new it.

ryansuydam26
08-16-2010, 06:02 PM
If lebron bosh and wade all got together and said lets kill everyone for the next 6 years would you be suprised if 'Melo went there if Miami had the money

abe_froman
08-16-2010, 06:03 PM
yeah sure why not

ManRam
08-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Nah. He needs at least one more big paycheck before he starts accepting MLE deals. He won't go to a scrub of a team though. He'll probably try to sway someone to follow him to NYK, if I had to guess.

sofargone
Yep. But he would have to come off the bench for Carlos Arroyo.

SouthSideRookie
I don't see why NOT, or you tell me why he wouldn't!!!

Venomous88
08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
I think you're on to something here. After that, Chris Paul will come in two years. Line up will be

Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James
Chris Bosh

This seems very plausible now that you brought it up

nickdymez
08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Yep... lmao

sofargone
08-16-2010, 06:09 PM
I think you're on to something here. After that, Chris Paul will come in two years. Line up will be

Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James
Chris Bosh

They could then trade Carmelo for Dwight Howard

Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Dwight

Venomous88
08-16-2010, 06:11 PM
According to ESPN, a split between the two is more likely

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5468878

sofargone
08-16-2010, 06:14 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Remember when everyone thought that LeBron guy was going to New York? And what can New York even offer Denver that seems fair?

netsgiantsyanks
08-16-2010, 06:17 PM

J4KOP99
08-16-2010, 06:21 PM
I would like to see him go to New York or Chicago but I just can't think of a realistic trade from either of the teams that will still let them compete with the Heat, Lakers, Magic, Thunder, Mavs, etc... afterwards.

Unless the Nuggets somehow let him walk(which I highly doubt) I can't see him going to New York or Chicago.

Wade>You
08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
No they won't, Lebron was a special case because I don't think Carmelo would be stupid enough to create such a buzz about leaving and accounce it on television like "the decision". Instead when the time is right, Carmelo will be smart enough to let the Nuggets organization know about his plans to leave, if that is his choice. Lebron really hurt his brand by being such an egotistical idiot. Even Heat fans cannot deny how Lebron decided to leave Cleveland was just plain stupid.The 2010 FA was hyped for years, and it delivered. LeBron was the biggest FA and everyone watched the Decision, including YOU. At least LeBron donated that money to charity...

td0tsfinest
08-16-2010, 06:25 PM
After this off-season, it could happen but it probably won't. Melo is probably still looking for a big paycheck, no way he's going to sign for the MLE at the prime of his career.

TheTakeOver24
08-16-2010, 06:26 PM
lmao
hopefully the knicks get him and chris paul.
Knicks - Heat rivalry renewed.

SurGiiCaL
08-16-2010, 06:27 PM

Gasol thats it... he has no one esle

abe_froman
08-16-2010, 06:28 PM
I would like to see him go to New York or Chicago but I just can't think of a realistic trade from either of the teams that will still let them compete with the Heat, Lakers, Magic, Thunder, Mavs, etc... afterwards.

Unless the Nuggets somehow let him walk(which I highly doubt) I can't see him going to New York or Chicago.

the bulls dont have the money to get him if he walks ,the only shot is trade...which isnt going to happen

my guess is n.o.(another leon rose conspiracy) or ny in a year

SA5195
No.

Khalifa21
No... He's either staying in Denver or coming to NY.

ILLN355
might as well sign kobe in 3 years

evadatam5150
08-16-2010, 06:30 PM
If lebron bosh and wade all got together and said lets kill everyone for the next 6 years would you be suprised if 'Melo went there if Miami had the money

YES...!! Melo, Howard, Dirk, Duncan and Kobe will all be in Heat gear next season...!!!! I can't wait to see Heat fans sig then... *U MAD, U SAD, Me Oh So GLAD* ... Or something to that effect in caveman speak.. It's going to be epic.. :clap:

White_Mike
08-16-2010, 06:31 PM
No.

/thread

Shark
08-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Is this a serious thread? Why ask a question that's not even possible. Melo won't take a MLE and Miami can't trade anything for him, so why even bring up this topic

Steelers23_06
08-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Funny how Kobe didn't go asking for top 3 players in the league.:facepalm:

he didnt ask because he said pretty much makes moves or im gone. lebron had said the same thing since he signed his extension. he wants to see moves and im pretty sure a 37 year old shaq and antawn jameson in a contract year doesnt nearly equal pau gasol. do you see why everyone is getting mad at him? because he kept his options open tested the market and chose his best option...what exactly is wrong with that? He didnt distract the team with a trade request, he didnt want a coach fired...he lived upto his contract and chose to play somewhere else and everyone is mad because he did it on national tv and dedicated the money to charity please tell me how that is selfish. it wasnt like he said im going to sign then burned them like boozer. but its whatever fans have a short term memory so when he is winning he will be loved yet again.

RIPSweetness34
08-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Anthony Randolph is one of the highest prospect in the NBA. GMs love him. His cieling is leaps ahead of Gibson. Knicks also have Chandler, Douglas to throw in along with Currys expiring. How is Taj Gibson and overpaid Deng considerably better then wheat the Knicks can offer?

Here we go again, Knicks fans overhyping their players. The Curry expiring maybe, but even then you are going to give up one of the best players in the league for nothing? And how can you say his ceiling is leaps ahead of Gibson when he averaged 11/6 in his second year while Taj averaged 9/7 as a rookie on a better team? Chandler and Douglas are no as good as Deng either, so Im not sure why you would want a mediocre player, expiring contract, and a player with potential over a good player, player with potential, and 2 draft picks. What big names are they going to sign with that cap space from Curry? Same argument as the Lebron fiasco

Knick_Fever
08-16-2010, 06:39 PM
-Just saw this on ESPN-

All signs continue to point toward the eventual divorce between Carmelo Anthony and the Denver Nuggets.

League sources say it is now a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways.

Anthony is weighing whether to sign a three-year, $65 million extension offered by the Nuggets. His dilemma, league sources say, is what affords him the best chance of continuing his career elsewhere. Anthony could sign with Denver and convince the team to then trade him. His other option would be to not sign the extension, thereby forcing the team to move him rather than risk losing him next summer as a free agent.

During his annual basketball camp in Colorado on Saturday, Anthony said he had no timetable on when he'll decide whether to sign the extension.

In either case, "he's going to make it real clear that he's not coming back," said one league source.

But both Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke and Anthony already are well aware that they don't have a future together, sources say. That became clear to Kroenke at a reception after Anthony's July 11 nuptials to La La Vasquez in Manhattan.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5468878

White_Mike
08-16-2010, 06:43 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

nysportsfan02
08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Until he is wearing a Knicks uniform or saying he wants to come here, im not believing any of these "Sources".

Ever since the whole "Summer of LeBron"....we should all take these NBA rumors and sources with a grain of salt, especially from ESPN.

J4KOP99
08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Here we go again, Knicks fans overhyping their players. The Curry expiring maybe, but even then you are going to give up one of the best players in the league for nothing? And how can you say his ceiling is leaps ahead of Gibson when he averaged 11/6 in his second year while Taj averaged 9/7 as a rookie on a better team? Chandler and Douglas are no as good as Deng either, so Im not sure why you would want a mediocre player, expiring contract, and a player with potential over a good player, player with potential, and 2 draft picks. What big names are they going to sign with that cap space from Curry? Same argument as the Lebron fiasco

Let's face it... Both trades are terrible.

Melo for Deng and Gibson and some draft picks? They're not winning with that, they might as well rebuild on their own.

Melo for Chandler, douglas,Randolph and an Expiring Eddy Curry? What the hell is that? The Nuggets are going to be in a good position with that? I don't think so...

Tony_Starks
08-16-2010, 06:46 PM
This coming from Ric "Kobe Bryant has played his last game in a Laker jersey" Bucher.

nuff said.

RIPSweetness34
08-16-2010, 06:47 PM
you call me a homer and then offer Deng and Gibson for Melo.....then mention only the bulls, lakers, magic and okc can compete with heat...
Draft picks mean nothing from a team that would have rose, melo, boozer.

Yes, NY does not have a squad that can compete with the Heat, I suppose you can throw Hotlanta and Boston in the mix too but I dunno what they would trade for him. And Deng plays the same position as Melo, is a 17/7 guy and is only 25. Taj was a rookie last year and was close to averaging a double double. More likely they would be asking for Noah, which for Melo I would be willing to do, but either way the Bulls are a much better fit than NY basketball wise. NY isn't above, OKC, Boston, Lakers, Bulls, Orlando, Atlanta, Portland, or even Millwaukee for that matter. And if you noticed, I mentioned other teams as well but you only focused on the Bulls to try to prove a point that doesn't exist. To be honest, I see NY fighting for an 8 seed this year if they are lucky. And one of those draft picks isn't ours, so you can't say draft picks would mean nothing, that is just an ignorant statement.

Avenged
08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Kobe.. Gasol.. Melo.. :drool:

Just playing. ;)

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
The truth is a lie

mRc08
08-16-2010, 06:51 PM
i think i just threw up in my mouth

no more speculation please...........

Shark
08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
You mean to tell me that Melo won't decide his contract extention and leave everyones hope to wonder if he will sign back or not? *GASP* and possibly go to NYK to form a trio of players *GASP* I can't believe someone could do that, oh wait never mind this is the NEW Age NBA,

VIP1349
08-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Didn't this whole Dinner thing happen ages ago? Just like ESPN to run a report on things like that. Love that they offered absolutely no named source of any kind, just took something that happened awhile back and made a story out of it.

The crazy part more so then that really is that they made it appear like he's officially gone, when we were given no new knowledge what so ever. They really did make it like Melo' came out and said TRADE ME, when he did nothing of the sort. This Ric Bucher's last try to make up for what was a Summer of getting **** on by Chris Broussard? It's just crazy that they are saying off of this that he is basically gone.

NYY NYJ NYK
08-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Until he is wearing a Knicks uniform or saying he wants to come here, im not believing any of these "Sources".

Ever since the whole "Summer of LeBron"....we should all take these NBA rumors and sources with a grain of salt, especially from ESPN.

Agreed

Weezy
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
We will see what happens...

nyanks79
08-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Let's face it... Both trades are terrible.

Melo for Deng and Gibson and some draft picks? They're not winning with that, they might as well rebuild on their own.

Melo for Chandler, douglas,Randolph and an Expiring Eddy Curry? What the hell is that? The Nuggets are going to be in a good position with that? I don't think so...

I wasnt making a trade proposal or anything. All my argument was, is that saying the Bulls "considerable" better trade pieces then the Knicks is just a dumb statement.

DCSportsIsPain
08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
In a network notoriously full of ****, Bucher is notoriously the fullest.
Bucher is taking his usual 50/50 shot at being right.

YoungOne
08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Example:

pacers wont do that

VIP1349
08-16-2010, 07:12 PM
In a network notoriously full of ****, Bucher is notoriously the fullest.
Bucher is taking his usual 50/50 shot at being right.
Bucher (bu-cher) - The Act of Taking a Shot in the Dark And Hoping Your Right.

In Sentence Form:
"The guy had no clue what we were talking about so he tried to Bucher it"
"He was really Buchering it during his Speech"

Synonyms: The Stephen A Smith

Steelers23_06
08-16-2010, 07:21 PM

In Sentence Form:

he is one of the best basketball analyzers in the league especially because of his close friendship with a lot of players. everytime he tells the honest truth he was one of if not the 1st to report the big 3 in miami so you my friend are "bucharing" your post.

icej
08-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Well this is now the modern NBA Norm, get used to it.

Next would be Kevin Durant, pressuring for more help or else.. I won't be shocked if he did every other star are now doing it he should be wise to do so.

Steelers23_06
08-16-2010, 07:24 PM
pacers wont do that

i second that. they are giving away their young core for one star i wouldnt do that because with that team your one star away from being a contender so why not just wait for one to come because 2011 is a big FA year too.

NYKNYGNYY
08-16-2010, 07:24 PM
already a forum close enough to this, not getting my hopes up until its a done deal, no more lbj type of heartbreak

lvlheaded
08-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Just trade him to knicks and end this please

xbrackattackx
08-16-2010, 07:27 PM
he is one of the best basketball analyzers in the league especially because of his close friendship with a lot of players. everytime he tells the honest truth he was one of if not the 1st to report the big 3 in miami so you my friend are "bucharing" your post.

Butchering would be the right spelling.

bodupp311
08-16-2010, 07:27 PM
This coming from Ric "Kobe Bryant has played his last game in a Laker jersey" Bucher.

nuff said.

Bucher is right. Kobe did play his last game in a Laker's jersey. Just sayin'.

John Walls Era
08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
The decision part 2?

Khalifa21
08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm not gonna put too much into his words but it looks promising. I can't see any other destinations other than Denver or NYC.

NYY09
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow, i'm absolutely thrilled we are starting this "source" crap again... :puke:

beasted86
08-16-2010, 07:34 PM

For real.

They didn't get the Wade + Bosh to Miami.... nor the LeBron to Miami stories until at best 1 day before the news broke.

Stephen A was the only one who actually predicted it or got inside info.

TheGsw
08-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Melo to the Warriors with a core of Curry/Melo/Lee.
:pray::pray::pray:

John Walls Era
08-16-2010, 07:40 PM
For real.

They didn't get the Wade + Bosh to Miami.... nor the LeBron to Miami stories until at best 1 day before the news broke.

Stephen A was the only one who actually predicted it or got inside info.

Granted Stephen A changed his prediction a lot. I think Knicks are the faves but everyone thought that for Lebron too.

Tmath
08-16-2010, 07:40 PM
I would like to see him as a Knick

VIP1349
08-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Melo to the Warriors with a core of Curry/Melo/Lee.
:pray::pray::pray:
If he truly is leaving I think it's for New York.

netsgiantsyanks
08-16-2010, 07:49 PM
yay. im so glad that most of you people still think espn is a reliable source. imo, espn KNEW the three were going to join up in miami. just wanted to get audiences to buy into the ********. and guess what?? alot of us did, hence the bs threads that this forum had to offer

smith&wesson
08-16-2010, 07:53 PM
heat vs knicks rivalry 2.0!!

Slimsim
08-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Granted Stephen A changed his prediction a lot. I think Knicks are the faves but everyone thought that for Lebron too.

Cleveland and Chciacgo were the Favorites. The Knicks just had a chance But we were the Underdogs Because we didn't have as much Promise. With Amare he would help Lure Guys like Melo to NY.

sargon21
08-16-2010, 08:22 PM
well espn is always right so this must be true

WITZ
08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Queen james has paved the way for other superstars to take the P**** way out ,what a shame.

NYYCowboys
08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Sign em up for the Knicks

astrosmaniac
08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
if melo doesn't sign the extension, i think he ends up in NY. there are just too many reason why he would. hes from NY, he went to syracuse, his wife is from NY, amare is there, he can get a max.

that being said, if he signs the extension, i think NY is out of luck. i dont see the nuggets facilitating another potential miami or boston situation in NY, especially since they wouldn't be able to offer the best package to the nuggets. if melo signs on for another three years, i honestly dont know where he'll go.

hgtiger32
08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
come to the Bucks!!! haha

godolphins
08-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Another New york theard :facepalm:

Red222
08-16-2010, 08:53 PM
As others have said, all signs point to Anthony leaving Denver after the season. 7 minutes ago via web

# One free agent from this summer showed interest in Denver but swears that he backed away because Anthony told him he's leaving after season. 8 minutes ago via web

# Since reporting that Anthony wasn't expected to sign Denver's extension, multiple other sources have told me that he's looking for the door. 20 minutes ago via web

# I haven't talked to a single source that thinks Carmelo Anthony is staying in Denver. Ric Bucher's latest report hit the nail on the head. 23 minutes ago via web
http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBAWonder who this free agent is:eyebrow:

kozelkid
08-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Cleveland and Chciacgo were the Favorites. The Knicks just had a chance But we were the Underdogs Because we didn't have as much Promise. With Amare he would help Lure Guys like Melo to NY.

Except Knicks were considered one of the frontrunners when 2010 bonanza was realized and up until Lebron got eliminated by Boston, most considered NY as a likely possibility.

This is no different. ESPN just pushing its usual east coast bias. Of course, in this case, I do think NY has a very good chance.

Red222
08-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Except Knicks were considered one of the frontrunners when 2010 bonanza was realized and up until Lebron got eliminated by Boston, most considered NY as a likely possibility.

This is no different. ESPN just pushing its usual east coast bias. Of course, in this case, I do think NY has a very good chance.

as do we imo not nearly as optimistic tho as last year :(

knicks

nets

bulls

x23cbru24x
08-16-2010, 09:21 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

ditto

mets77
08-16-2010, 09:30 PM

In Sentence Form:

lmao that was funny

SA5195
08-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Funny how people come up with there own analysis of a situation. I tell you boy....... Unbelievable

http://twitter.com/carmeloanthony

ChI_ShIzzLe
08-16-2010, 10:12 PM

lmao@"the Broncos better start Teboe"

MacFitz92
08-16-2010, 10:15 PM
What a ****** lol. ^

nanablvd
08-16-2010, 10:19 PM
-Just saw this on ESPN-

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5468878

I am skeptical of the frist 2 words, "All signs". Waht signs was the authur talking about?

Draco
08-16-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure why Anthony would want to hitch his wagon to NY. He's not going to compete with the Heat over the long haul with Amare as the second best player on his team.

wesso2008
08-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I dont believe any "source" anymore after this past FA fiasco.....I'll believe it when i see 'Melo wearing a different jersey....

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 10:37 PM

:laugh:

sofargone
08-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Funny how people come up with there own analysis of a situation. I tell you boy....... Unbelievable
From this I gather he's going to Miami for the MLE.

HAWKS.NO27
08-16-2010, 10:38 PM
It doesn't matter that ESPN is reporting this....these are the same ppl that said D-Wade, Bosh & LBJ were coming to Chicago and then that Farve texted the Vikes that he was retiring. And, in the end...it was all lies.

Anyone remember when ESPN was a reliable source???

LA_Raiders
08-16-2010, 10:40 PM
just like lebroom, lol, he will stay

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 10:41 PM
It doesn't matter that ESPN is reporting this....these are the same ppl that said D-Wade, Bosh & LBJ were coming to Chicago and then that Farve texted the Vikes that he was retiring. And, in the end...it was all lies.

Anyone remember when ESPN was a reliable source???

There's a fan base that still does.

DeShaun Brown
08-16-2010, 10:43 PM
I dont believe any "source" anymore after this past FA fiasco.....I'll believe it when i see 'Melo wearing a different jersey....

Especially when everyone gets rumored to want to go to either Chicago or NY and in the nothing ever happens. I'll believe it when I see it. :eyebrow:

Go_NUGGETS
08-16-2010, 10:45 PM

roflmao....

Prick bucher for the fail!!!!

C-Dub
08-16-2010, 10:46 PM
rich bucher is a moron, i never believe anything he says. he is always WAY OFF

SouthSideRookie
08-16-2010, 10:51 PM
rich bucher is a moron, i never believe anything he says. he is always WAY OFF

Yeah it's amazing how people still believe anything that comes out his mouth and then run with it.:facepalm:

BkOriginalOne
08-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Knicks can't even trade for him.

VIP1349
08-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Well...this time he apparently fabricated a few things.

I still can't blame the guy he's paid to write something that brings in views, brings in people to their site. Melo' basically **** on his story. But it still doesn't really mean he's not going to the Knicks or staying in Denver, just means that Bucher's little story was off base.

Doesn't make me a ton more confident in him staying still, not until he signs the Extension.

RIPSweetness34
08-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I wasnt making a trade proposal or anything. All my argument was, is that saying the Bulls "considerable" better trade pieces then the Knicks is just a dumb statement.

No it's not, especially with Noah as a possible trade piece. Just NY homerism

Red222
08-17-2010, 12:08 AM
according to Bucher in sports center the Nuggets want cap relief and young talent

NYKNYGNYY
08-17-2010, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=SurGiiCaL;14590662]Gasol thats it... he has no one esle[/QUOTE

ron artest

PC
08-17-2010, 12:14 AM
according to Bucher in sports center the Nuggets want cap relief and young talent

A hundred bucks says he doesn't get traded this offseason anyway. IMO this is just ESPN trying to build up some more fake hype. He may get traded but in all likelihood he'll be a Nugget for the 2010-2011 season

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 12:15 AM

New York is his city.

Go_NUGGETS
08-17-2010, 12:19 AM
New York is his city.

According to who "precisely"??? Some randome source or melo himself???

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 12:22 AM

He grew up in NY, chose Syracuse over better schools because he wanted to rep NY and has said a couple of times he would love a chance to play in NY before he went to the NBA.

PC
08-17-2010, 12:25 AM

No it's not a random source, it's an unnamed source/league executive. Huge difference

PC
08-17-2010, 12:26 AM
He grew up in NY, chose Syracuse over better schools because he wanted to rep NY and has said a couple of times he would love a chance to play in NY before he went to the NBA.

He was born in NY but he actually grew up in Baltimore I believe. The second part of the statement is true though but it remains to be seen if he actually meant it

Go_NUGGETS
08-17-2010, 12:45 AM
No it's not a random source, it's an unnamed source/league executive. Huge difference

LOL....A "source/league executive"...So what qualifies this source/league executive as more credible then anybody else???

king4day
08-17-2010, 12:46 AM
I don't think NY tries to trade for him. This league isn't full of what if's anymore. The Knicks likely know first hand that he will go there after the year. So they'll hold out and do like every other team has done and trade a 2nd rounder and a trade exception for him after the season is done.
Then if they can sign Tony Parker, they'll have a very interesting team.

Go_NUGGETS
08-17-2010, 12:47 AM
He was born in NY but he actually grew up in Baltimore I believe. The second part of the statement is true though but it remains to be seen if he actually meant it

Show me where the 2nd part is true.....I know eevry Melo interview having to do with the Knicks, so please point out which interview I missed him saying that he wants play for the knicks...

ANYBODY...PLEASE POINT OUT WHERE MELO SAID HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR NY....Because I follow everything Nuggets, and everything Melo, and I haven't observed him saying anything about wanting to play in NY...Please direct me to where Melo said he wants to tho.

Knicks21
08-17-2010, 12:54 AM

Playing for the city of Denver would be boring. Staying with the team, k mart getting old, nene getting old, billups getting old. He wins a title every year because lakers got lucky with the trade for divac, and that trade memphis did back before what we knew marc gasol was capable d. They gave up pau gasol for like a 2nd round pick, its almost like the grizz wanted la to win. Lakers are still the better team than the heat, i think your judgement is harsh when you say play for the city. Kobe playing for the city of Los Angeles, Melo is playing for the City of Denver...

Tmath
08-17-2010, 12:56 AM
If i were Nuggets fans id just accept that he's leaving that way it won't hurt as much later.

bkmikeyy
08-17-2010, 12:57 AM

Because ...
Randolph's per 40 stats were 20.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 2.75 bpg and PER of 18.7 and he just turned 21...
Taj's per 40 stats were 13.3 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 1.88 bpg and PER of 13.8 AND he just turned 25.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Show me where the 2nd part is true.....I know eevry Melo interview having to do with the Knicks, so please point out which interview I missed him saying that he wants play for the knicks...

ANYBODY...PLEASE POINT OUT WHERE MELO SAID HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR NY....Because I follow everything Nuggets, and everything Melo, and I haven't observed him saying anything about wanting to play in NY...Please direct me to where Melo said he wants to tho.

:laugh2:

First of all, this happened BEFORE he was a Nugget. So chances you even followed him then are very slim. You were probably a 10 year old around that time.

Also, who in the hell has the time(other than you) to stalk all of Carmelo's life. The interview was while he was in college. So like 8 years old. Lebron was a bigger star than Carmelo was in 2003 and yet you can't even find a lot of interviews of him in 2003.

John Walls Era
08-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Why not ship him to the Hornets.

To Hornets:
Carmelo Anthony

To Nuggets:
Peja and Songaila (both expirings)

Maybe throw in a 1st.

SouthSideRookie
08-17-2010, 01:05 AM

To Hornets:
Carmelo Anthony

To Nuggets:

Maybe throw in a 1st.

You know it's amazing how no one has really brought up NO as a possible destination for Melo.

jimbobjarree
08-17-2010, 01:09 AM
If i were Nuggets fans id just accept that he's leaving that way it won't hurt as much later.

easier said than done lol

Go_NUGGETS
08-17-2010, 01:14 AM
:laugh2:

First of all, this happened BEFORE he was a Nugget. So chances you even followed him then are very slim. You were probably a 10 year old around that time.

Also, who in the hell has the time(other than you) to stalk all of Carmelo's life. The interview was while he was in college. So like 8 years old. Lebron was a bigger star than Carmelo was in 2003 and yet you can't even find a lot of interviews of him in 2003.

Ohhhh, it happened before he was a nugget???? Well that explains everything...LMAO....Please, thats pretty lame...But after reading the post I quoted above, I can see why you may be habitual at making such LAME comments...LOL....

And the fact you try assuming my age, gives clear indication that the word "nonsense" is best when describing your life...So yeah, if I was 10 years old in 2003, then that means I must be 17 living in my own house, and supporting my own family. LOL.....How can anybody stoop as low as saying "You were probably 10 years old around that time"????? If that was intended to be an insult, then PLEASE TRY AGAIN.......Go ahead.....

Go_NUGGETS
08-17-2010, 01:15 AM

To Hornets:
Carmelo Anthony

To Nuggets:

Maybe throw in a 1st.

No No...

How about...

TO NUGGETS: CHRIS PAUL

TO HORNET: AFFLALO AND K-MART [BOTH EXPIRINGS]

PC
08-17-2010, 01:23 AM
LOL....A "source/league executive"...So what qualifies this source/league executive as more credible then anybody else???

I guess it's tougher to sense sarcasm over the internet...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Ohhhh, it happened before he was a nugget???? Well that explains everything...LMAO....Please, thats pretty lame...But after reading the post I quoted above, I can see why you may be habitual at making such LAME comments...LOL....

And the fact you try assuming my age, gives clear indication that the word "nonsense" is best when describing your life...So yeah, if I was 10 years old in 2003, then that means I must be 17 living in my own house, and supporting my own family. LOL.....How can anybody stoop as low as saying "You were probably 10 years old around that time"????? If that was intended to be an insult, then PLEASE TRY AGAIN.......Go ahead.....

I clearly said BEFORE he went to the NBA.

And if you are a mature adult like you claim to be, why the hell are you making post like that? I've never seen a man in his 20's who post with numerous ??????? or ......... and capitalizing random words.

If you want people to believe you that you are a mature man, try making your post not look like a 10 year olds. I'm pretty sure anyone here would agree that your post are beyond horrible.

Go_NUGGETS
08-17-2010, 01:52 AM
I clearly said BEFORE he went to the NBA.

And if you are a mature adult like you claim to be, why the hell are you making post like that? I've never seen a man in his 20's who post with numerous ??????? or ......... and capitalizing random words.

If you want people to believe you that you are a mature man, try making your post not look like a 10 year olds. I'm pretty sure anyone here would agree that your post are beyond horrible.

So i'm suppose to convert my text characters to your likening???? First of all, what makes you so significant to a point, that i'm suppose to obey your qualifications of whats mature???? The fact that you have to resort to grammar and punctuation *corrections*, clearly translates that you type out your ***, and can't hold a debate without getting personal...Which rules you as insecure!!!!!!....My text characters, and punctuation may be that of a 10 year old, but your comprehension and rationale is that of special education remedial stage....Punctuation and grammar on a sports forum, does not absolutely measure intelligence.....Your assumptions of my age clearly makes you look more like an embecile, than my effortless 10 year old-esque grammar..................

So are you really that desperate????????????????????????????????????????? ?

RulerSlick
08-17-2010, 01:52 AM
i just hope my knicks fans dont go out and start puttin melo as their sig lol

:d

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 01:57 AM
So i'm suppose to convert my text characters to your likening???? First of all, what makes you so significant to a point, that i'm suppose to obey your qualifications of whats mature???? The fact that you have to resort to grammar and punctuation *corrections*, clearly translates that you type out your ***, and can't hold a debate without getting personal...Which rules you as insecure!!!!!!....My text characters, and punctuation may be that of a 10 year old, but your comprehension and rationale is that of special education remedial stage....Punctuation and grammar on a sports forum, does not absolutely measure intelligence.....Your assumptions of my age clearly makes you look more like an embecile, than my effortless 10 year old-esque grammar..................

So are you really that desperate????????????????????????????????????????? ?

But who's really gonna believe that you are a legit poster when you make post like that?

You try to act like you are a reasonable and intelligent poster but you haven't done anything to show it.

See we are debating but you don't see me posting like this. ?????????????????? or .....................

I really don't give a **** about your age. I was just using the point of you being a 10 year old as a way to show you how crap your post were. Anyone else in this forum probably would have gotten that. I don't know how you couldn't.

John Walls Era
08-17-2010, 02:00 AM
No No...

How about...

TO NUGGETS: CHRIS PAUL

TO HORNET: AFFLALO AND K-MART [BOTH EXPIRINGS]

Apparently CP and Hornets solved their problems. I'm not a fan of either team, I just wanted to add another possible destination (don't want the Knicks' fans to get their hopes up too much again).

Knicks21
08-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Because ...
Randolph's per 40 stats were 20.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 2.75 bpg and PER of 18.7 and he just turned 21...
Taj's per 40 stats were 13.3 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 1.88 bpg and PER of 13.8 AND he just turned 25.

Couldn't of said it better myself :clap:

Evolution23
08-17-2010, 02:18 AM
If he comes he comes.. im not getting hyped until it happens

tredigs
08-17-2010, 02:36 AM
If he goes to NY, they are still not contenders - or even a threat to the contenders. Terrible defensive team.

WOW, I'm a hater.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 02:40 AM
If he goes to NY, they are still not contenders - or even a threat to the contenders. Terrible defensive team.

WOW, I'm a hater.

Not necessarily.

Suns had no defense in their D'antoni years but they were one of the best teams in the league. Other than the Spurs, not a lot of teams could have stopped them.

PC
08-17-2010, 02:40 AM

WOW, I'm a hater.

Actually we're much improved. Felton Randolph, Azubuike, and Turiaf are all very good defenders. On top of that we already had Douglas, Chandler, and Gallo who were also good defenders...

tredigs
08-17-2010, 02:48 AM
Actually we're much improved. Felton Randolph, Azubuike, and Turiaf are all very good defenders. On top of that we already had Douglas, Chandler, and Gallo who were also good defenders...

You need an elite defensive team to win a title, and Amare + Melo certainly won't help that. Regardless, it's a much more exciting team (even without Melo), and something more worthy of MSG than the casts that have been drummed out there over the past decade.

abe_froman
08-17-2010, 02:49 AM
Not necessarily.

Suns had no defense in their D'antoni years but they were one of the best teams in the league. Other than the Spurs, not a lot of teams could have stopped them.

winning in the playoffs is different than regular season.sure all o is going to win you alot of games but you'll see your success rate drop come postseason against competition who do care about that side

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 02:55 AM
winning in the playoffs is different than regular season.sure all o is going to win you alot of games but you'll see your success rate drop come postseason against competition who do care about that side

They reached the WCF like twice and would have reached the finals if they didn't suspend Amare and Diaw and get Nash ****ed up.

tredigs
08-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Not necessarily.

They also had a near or at prime: Nash/Amare/Marion (elite defender + 20/11)/Joe Johnson (later Raja Bell/Barbosa).

They were stacked, and still couldn't make a finals appearance... Defense rules in the post-season. Especially elite defensive bigs - if Randolph lives up to every ounce of his potential, then they'll have a chance of being very good (assuming they get Melo), but other than that it's going to be tough for them to ever break out of that conference.

kikeyanez
08-17-2010, 02:56 AM
monta ellis andris biedris for melo an a throw in player

NJrockPD
08-17-2010, 03:00 AM

Yeah because Artest, Bynum, Pau, and Odom suck. Kobe does it all by himself.

NJrockPD
08-17-2010, 03:15 AM
Because ...

You can inflate Randolph's stats all you want, but in reality they had similar numbers except Taj played 82 games and Randolph played 33. Taj is better defensively which stats can't really show and it's a lot easier to average higher numbers when you play 33 games. Don't get me wrong I think Randolph is a very talented player with a higher ceiling than Taj, but do you really want to trade for a 21 year old who has played 96 out of a possible 164 (2 nba seasons)? I think think Deng, Taj, and James Johnson is a better offer than Randolph, Wilson, and Douglas, but maybe Melo's desire to play in NYC will alter the decision.

abe_froman
08-17-2010, 03:23 AM
They reached the WCF like twice and would have reached the finals if they didn't suspend Amare and Diaw and get Nash ****ed up.

would they have?

and who did they face,05:

griz(not that good,pau carried them) and beat donnie ball(not a defense guy himself)

06:
kobe and kwame brown...yeah
and clippers

not exactly that terrifying(oh btw both were 7 game series...)

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 03:30 AM
They also had a near or at prime: Nash/Amare/Marion (elite defender + 20/11)/Joe Johnson (later Raja Bell/Barbosa).

They were stacked, and still couldn't make a finals appearance... Defense rules in the post-season. Especially elite defensive bigs - if Randolph lives up to every ounce of his potential, then they'll have a chance of being very good (assuming they get Melo), but other than that it's going to be tough for them to ever break out of that conference.

Joe Johnson was gone by then. You're like 3 years late.

Amare/Carmelo/(They have cap to sign someone legit) along with the likes of Gallo, Chandler, Randolph is good enough for 3rd in the East. If you don't think a tewam ranked top 8 in the league isn't a title contender or a threat to a title contender, you are whack.

Hell the Spurs arguably weren't even a top 8 team this year and they were a contender or at least a threat for the title.

They didn't make a finals appearance because that *** Stern suspended Diaw and Amare because they left the bench after Horry ****ed up Nash.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 03:36 AM
would they have?

and who did they face,05:

griz(not that good,pau carried them) and beat donnie ball(not a defense guy himself)

06:
kobe and kwame brown...yeah
and clippers

not exactly that terrifying(oh btw both were 7 game series...)

Only reason Spurs won that series because in Game 5, both their big mans got suspended allowing the Spurs big men to take control.

Suns were hot that year. They were really hard to beat at home and if Amare was playing, he would have messed him up because Amare averages like over 30 PPG against the Spurs.

DenButsu
08-17-2010, 03:44 AM
monta ellis andris biedris for melo an a throw in player

Thanks for bringing some humor to the discussion. I literally LOL'd at that one. Well played.

justtheguy
08-17-2010, 04:00 AM
could be a good rivalry btw MIA and NYK if he goes to ny

tredigs
08-17-2010, 04:34 AM
Joe Johnson was gone by then. You're like 3 years late.

Amare/Carmelo/(They have cap to sign someone legit) along with the likes of Gallo, Chandler, Randolph is good enough for 3rd in the East. If you don't think a tewam ranked top 8 in the league isn't a title contender or a threat to a title contender, you are whack.

Hell the Spurs arguably weren't even a top 8 team this year and they were a contender or at least a threat for the title.

They didn't make a finals appearance because that *** Stern suspended Diaw and Amare because they left the bench after Horry ****ed up Nash.

They would indeed "need to sign someone legit" with that cast, because it is not good enough defensively to get out of the east. The Celtics would abuse them this season, and the Heat would demolish that team going forward. They would have nice regular season success - then eventually get booted by a team that is built well on both ends before they made it out of the conference... ever time. That is not a "contender" to me. I consider contenders teams that can realistically win a title.

PS: I'm definitely right about Joe Johnson being on the Nash/Johnson/Marion/Amare team that D'Antoni coached, no clue what you're talking about (and neither do you, apparently). http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2005.html

Mochalman
08-17-2010, 06:11 AM
I am the unnamed source.

icon1914
08-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Well this is now the modern NBA Norm, get used to it.

Next would be Kevin Durant, pressuring for more help or else.. I won't be shocked if he did every other star are now doing it he should be wise to do so.

Asking for help to get over a hump and wanting to go to a better team to enhance your chance of winning is nothing new... I don't see why people believe LeBron invented this. Kobe was practically forcing LA to improve or else in '08.

icon1914
08-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Knicks can't even trade for him.

Why not?

While I agree the Knicks don't have the most attractive pieces to trade, but to say they can't trade doesn't make sense to me.

JayW_1023
08-17-2010, 08:32 AM
'Melo only does this for all the media love he'll be getting in NY. Pretty pathetic.

The Miami Cheat
08-17-2010, 08:52 AM
if he doesnt stay in denver...then i think NY is good for him...but ill believe it when i see him wearing a knicks jersey

Shammyguy3
08-17-2010, 08:55 AM

In Sentence Form:

:laugh:

I'll believe this come trade-deadline when trade talks appear with contract negotiations being over with as well.

SNYmets86
08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Fack - BSPN

KingOf215
08-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Seems pretty obvious to me there's a very good chance Melo is as good as gone. Nuggets fans need to get their heads out of the clouds. How dumb would you feel if Melo pulled a 'The Decision' part 2 on you when you already seen it happen the year before??? No big deal if he stayed, but only a fool would dismiss this article entirely.

SupeUnagi
08-17-2010, 11:26 AM
all signs point to:
sources close to the situation:
according to my sources:
and unnamed source:
an unnamed teammate:
someone within the organization:

^^^^^
all bullsh*t that espn uses

JordansBulls
08-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Link (http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/08/carmelo_anthony_is_as_good_as_gone_how_quickly_sho uld_the_nuggets_move_to_deal_him.php)

The most likely destinations: New York, Chicago and possibly New Orleans -- although the Big Easy is a longer shot, given Chris Paul's current unhappiness with the Hornets' management.

Of this trio, Chicago has the most to offer the Nuggets in trade (plus the prospect of putting Melo together with Carlos Boozer and Derrick Rose), and New York the least -- although the Knicks could still potentially cobble something together by bringing other teams into the transaction.

chicagocubsfan
08-17-2010, 11:36 AM
^What would the Bulls give up for Melo? Im fine with a trade as long as we don't trade Rose, Boozer, or Noah.

mikealike305
08-17-2010, 11:43 AM
melo to the bulls = title contenders.... that would be cool to watch

Raidaz4Life
08-17-2010, 11:44 AM
^What would the Bulls give up for Melo? Im fine with a trade as long as we don't trade Rose, Boozer, or Noah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySc1mj77e9I

add two first rounders to Denver

Chicago

Rose/Watson
Brewer/Korver
Anthony
Boozer
Noah/KT

Denver

Billups/Lawson
Afflalo/Smith
Deng/Johnson
Harrington/Gibson
Nene/Anderson

BULLSFAN0810
08-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Id take him in a heart beat, he was the best on the OLYMPIC TEAM...IMO he better than LBJ..Hes KOBE like. He can POST, SHOOT THE 3 , AND HAS A BUTTER MID RANGE GAME...BULLS DO SOMETHING..TRADE DENG

Lo Porto
08-17-2010, 12:48 PM
For Denver, Melo and NY, I hope they make a trade before the season. Everybody will look stupid if this draws out. Denver because they could just watch him walk. Melo because he looks uncommitted and people will question his motives for everything all year. NY because they are looking to sway another team's star their way.

If Melo wants NY and doesn't want Denver, just make a deal and let's move on. EVERYBODY IS TIRED OF SPECULATION.

ramsizzle
08-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Id take him in a heart beat, he was the best on the OLYMPIC TEAM...IMO he better than LBJ..Hes KOBE like. He can POST, SHOOT THE 3 , AND HAS A BUTTER MID RANGE GAME...BULLS DO SOMETHING..TRADE DENG

im a huge bulls fan and just "trading deng" doesnt work...

it would have to be somehting like:

Deng
Taj
2 Firsts and a Second or two

plus you dont know if he will resign with you....he could just as easily bolt for NY after the season. i dont know if the bulls want to be thinking about that.