PDA

View Full Version : D-Wade the Legend??

DCB/LAL
08-16-2010, 04:48 AM
So now that Wade has the help he needs in Lebron and Bosh I have 1 simple question.......will he be in the discussion with MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe etc..... when his career is over if the Heat end up winning multiple championships?

abe_froman
08-16-2010, 04:51 AM
should be.his team,he's the leader....thought it will be hotly debated for some time on who would get the preference him or lebron

Antipod
08-16-2010, 04:55 AM
Let`s just wait and see how many rings they`ll get, after that MAYBE we could put him near MJ,Bird,Kobe ...

tredigs
08-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Kobe is a solid notch below Bird/Magic/Jordan, but that is the level that I see Wade at if he remains healthy and this Heat team has the success it could and probably will have (3+ rings during their run, I'm guessing).

That said, Kobe's career is far from over and Wade's is just about to enter its most important stage yet - so we'll have to wait and see...

MikeBrown30
08-16-2010, 05:41 AM
No

Khalifa21
08-16-2010, 08:50 AM
When will Lakers fans stop putting Kobe with MJ, Magic and Bird?

If Wade wins the same amount of rings as Kobe he should be considered right on his level. However the argument from Lakers fans will be "Wade had LeBron and Bosh to get him those rings", which is as legit argument as Kobe had Shaq. Wade will only ever have one title as the man, because LeBron is the guy in Miami now.

I'm sick of people saying "Wade was their first, so it's his team blah, blah, blah"... LeBron is the better player so he's the man. Simple.

Khalifa21
08-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh and noticed the subtle dig at LeBron by the Kobe loving OP... :laugh2:

Some things never change.

The Miami Cheat
08-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Let`s just wait and see how many rings they`ll get, after that MAYBE we could put him near MJ,Bird,Kobe ...

i agree with you there, also everyone will look back and say, "wade needed lebron and bosh to win (x) amount of championships"

BOSTON617
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
i agree with you there, also everyone will look back and say, "wade needed lebron and bosh to win (x) amount of championships"

exactly

leoncito
08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
No unless they rack up a crazy amount of rings. None of these guys even have a chance at mvp now that they all play together

leoncito
08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Also shouldn't this be in the heat forum?

NYY09
08-16-2010, 09:47 AM
It would be nice to actually play an entire season together before all this "legend" stuff gets thrown around. We all know how teams "on paper" work....

IndyRealist
08-16-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't think Wade will get enough recognition to get put on the same level and MJ. Too many people will say, "Well, it's because of Lebron". ESPN anointed Lebron the second-coming before he was even drafted, they're not going to admit that Wade is the Legend even if it is true. They've got too much tied into James.

mark1125
08-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Also shouldn't this be in the heat forum?

Agreed, but I have come to accept that many of the mods are drinking the Miami kool-aid so it no longer bothers me.

Of course most of the threads turn into insults from haters and riders, but what can ya do?

PS. When it comes to Wade being a legend, there is no way to tell now. You have to be individually dominant AND multiple ring winner. Also, how will fans and media react to Wade if he wins multiple rings with this "arrangment"?

khalil72
08-16-2010, 10:13 AM

Yeah and Kobe needed O'Neal and Gasol to win his rings.

MJ needed Pippen to win his rings.

It's Wade's team. These guys came here to play with him not the other way around.

erik7
08-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Everyone is so dumb on this site for the most part....if LBJ went to the Nets, would B Lopez be THE MAN? If he went to the Bulls, would Rose be THE MAN?

Just because he goes to Miami, he is 2nd fiddle because D Wade is there first? WTF?!?!?!?

Lets make things clear...I have every color D Wade jersey and he is by far my favorite player of all time, BUT LBJ is a better player and will be on this team as well....

Wade will average more points but LBJ will average close to a triple double...

Wade is a better finisher clutch player but LBJ is better....no one is going to be saying its Wades team LBJ is 2nd fiddle once the season starts...everyone is so quick to forget how good LBJ really is....I said he was the best followed by Kobe then Wade hands down during the regular season last year...(yes I hated the Lakers and Cavs last year)

I think that LBJ will go down as a top 1-5 after its all said and done (he is only TWENTY FIVE years old people...people always want to forget that he may win 3-4 rings in these four years with Miami and then go to another team and lead it on his own to another 3-5 rings...he is not in Miami forever unless they win every year for 10 years straight or 9 of 10)

Wade will go down top 20-25 of all time, but if you can honestly say Wade is better your crazy...yeah he was there first but that doesn't mean he is the best player (just like Chi town and NJ situations)

effen5
08-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Everyone is so dumb on this site for the most part....if LBJ went to the Nets, would B Lopez be THE MAN? If he went to the Bulls, would Rose be THE MAN?

Just because he goes to Miami, he is 2nd fiddle because D Wade is there first? WTF?!?!?!?

Lets make things clear...I have every color D Wade jersey and he is by far my favorite player of all time, BUT LBJ is a better player and will be on this team as well....

Wade is a better finisher clutch player but LBJ is better....no one is going to be saying its Wades team LBJ is 2nd fiddle once the season starts...everyone is so quick to forget how good LBJ really is....I said he was the best followed by Kobe then Wade hands down during the regular season last year...(yes I hated the Lakers and Cavs last year)

I think that LBJ will go down as a top 1-5 after its all said and done (he is only TWENTY FIVE years old people...people always want to forget that he may win 3-4 rings in these four years with Miami and then go to another team and lead it on his own to another 3-5 rings...he is not in Miami forever unless they win every year for 10 years straight or 9 of 10)

Wade will go down top 20-25 of all time, but if you can honestly say Wade is better your crazy...yeah he was there first but that doesn't mean he is the best player (just like Chi town and NJ situations)

Are you comparing BLopez and Drose to Wade?

Lebron might be a better player but Dwade is the better leader....okay, Lebron isn't coming to a random team with a 3rd year starter, hes coming to a team where a leader won a championship. There is a HUGE difference not to mention Drose mentioned he would step back if Lebron came to Chicago.

And no, Lebron will not be a top 5 player of all time....maybe 10 though.

ManRam
08-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Wade was never the best player in the league...for that reason alone (screw rings, it's stupid that they have become the ONLY thing people use to rate players) he'll never been in those guys' leagues.

erik7
08-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Are you comparing BLopez and Drose to Wade?

Lebron might be a better player but Dwade is the better leader....okay, Lebron isn't coming to a random team with a 3rd year starter, hes coming to a team where a leader won a championship. There is a HUGE difference not to mention Drose mentioned he would step back if Lebron came to Chicago.

And no, Lebron will not be a top 5 player of all time....maybe 10 though.

If Lebron has multiple MVP's, Finals MVP's, Championships (over 5) and his career stats are over 25 PPG, over 7 assists and rebounds a game and over 1 block and steal, he will be a top 5 player...he looks like he is playing in a league below the NBA when he plays....You can say Wade is a better leader, but Wade didn't do much more with the same kind of team LBJ had...Miami had a scrub team without Wade and he took them to the first round (often looked as if he gave up, would not come back on d sometimes after a missed call) and LBJ took them to the finals, ECF, and 2nd round (because his team was slightly better)

Basically what I am saying is that people want to say Wade is a better leader blah blah blah....Wade only won the championship because we had a better team that year than LBJ ever did....our guys stepped up and Cavs players choked like every year....

If you switched LBJ and Wade up and kept the teams they had, LBJ would have at least 2 rings right now and Wade would never have been to the finals....that's because LBJ is that good...Wade is great don't get me wrong...but LBJ is on another level (like I said, I am a die hard Heat fan since 96' and Wade is my favorite player, I would have said this last year or now...I know my basketball)

SurGiiCaL
08-16-2010, 10:32 AM
No??? WTF jordan did it by him self kobe did it by him self **** NO

mikealike305
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
wade will go down as one of the greatest of all time, as good as lebron isdoesnt have what wade has, when its all said and done i see wade being right there,just below MJ, magic, and bird

erik7
08-16-2010, 10:37 AM
If anyone says Wade will go down higher than LBJ, your crazy...Wade is 28 and LBJ is 25...Wade has never been better then LBJ and he is only getting older and LBJ is going into his prime...they will both be known as top 25 players...Wade more in the top 15-25 and LBJ in the top 1-5 range

Jaji
08-16-2010, 10:38 AM
One major difference between Wade and Jordan is that Jordan was actually the best player on his team. You people are being ridiculous if you think Wade is still the man in Miami. Bron will average more points, rebounds and assists, will make 1st team defense and garner more MVP votes. Let's not kid ourselves. LBJ >>> Wade any day, any city.

effen5
08-16-2010, 10:43 AM
One major difference between Wade and Jordan is that Jordan was actually the best player on his team. You people are being ridiculous if you think Wade is still the man in Miami. Bron will average more points, rebounds and assists, will make 1st team defense and garner more MVP votes. Let's not kid ourselves. LBJ >>> Wade any day, any city.

Okay so Lebron's team is playing in Wade County?

mikealike305
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
If anyone says Wade will go down higher than LBJ, your crazy...Wade is 28 and LBJ is 25...Wade has never been better then LBJ and he is only getting older and LBJ is going into his prime...they will both be known as top 25 players...Wade more in the top 15-25 and LBJ in the top 1-5 range

are u crazy? did u just say wade is in the 15-25 range? u clearly do not watch the NBA... wade is arguably in the top 3 and i and alot of other people would put him right under kobe...

sep11ie
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
This isn't the 2 millionth time this question has been asked or anything... HEAT FORUM.

effen5
08-16-2010, 10:48 AM

Jordan had pippen, but the Bulls drafted him, and its not like Pippen was any good his rookie year, Jordan helped develop what Pippen became.

Stacey King in a recent interview said that Pippen always played against Jordan during practices which helped Pip develop his skills. He also then said practices were a lot harder then real games because Jordan would go at you 100 percent...which made guarding players like Nique easier.

You see videos of practices of Lebron taking full court shots and all the ******** instead of going balls out during practices....

So don't compare Jordan to anybody else again.

erik7

Your confused bro...

This team does not have a player to it...it's the Heat....This has never happened before so I understand if your don't get it...they are all playing together and DECIDED to...there is no, who is better, who gets this or that...

That's why I crack up when people say it won't work...chemistry this and that...

Wade and Lebron averaged more than 15 assists together last year...they are the most unselfish superstars in the NBA...10 Ally opps a game this year

They don't care about whose team.....call it Wades team but Lebron will have the better stats...

The whose team are for little kids like you trying to make something of nothing....no one will care though when the Heat starts off 20-2....like they say, winning cures EVERYTHING!!!

mikealike305

theres a reason lebron came to wade... wade is lebrons MJ and lebron is wades pippin... wade is the best player on this heat team... wade will have more PPG cuz Lebron will at the 1 spot alot.... wade is the leader of this team... and when it gets to the playoffs it'll show

erik7
are u crazy? did u just say wade is in the 15-25 range? u clearly do not watch the NBA... wade is arguably in the top 3 and i and alot of other people would put him right under kobe...

I am talking about all time when its all said and done

slimsheldon02
08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Kobe is a solid notch below Bird/Magic/Jordan, but that is the level that I see Wade at if he remains healthy and this Heat team has the success it could and probably will have (3+ rings during their run, I'm guessing).

That said, Kobe's career is far from over and Wade's is just about to enter its most important stage yet - so we'll have to wait and see...

saying kobe is a notch believe them is pure nonsense he has give rings, same as magic jordan has one more, he has two more than bird, hes numbers are better thans birds, and the same as magic and slightly under jordans, Kobe is better than bird, as good as magic and might be as good as mj when its all said and done, MJ was a better Defender but kobe has more offensive game so to me it makes them a wash. Wade will never get the type of credit that those guys got becasue he had to bring in lebron and bosh but if he can get 4 or five rings maybe that will change over time.

mikealike305
08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
I am talking about all time when its all said and done

either way how could u put wade so far under lebron? players that cant win the title as the #1 on their team should not be top 5, i see them both when its all said and done being in the top 10... wade being around 5 or 6 lebron 7 or 8

effen5
08-16-2010, 10:57 AM
either way how could u put wade so far under lebron? players that cant win the title as the #1 on their team should not be top 5, i see them both when its all said and done being in the top 10... wade being around 5 or 6 lebron 7 or 8

this

Jaji
08-16-2010, 10:59 AM
theres a reason lebron came to wade... wade is lebrons MJ and lebron is wades pippin... wade is the best player on this heat team... wade will have more PPG cuz Lebron will at the 1 spot alot.... wade is the leader of this team... and when it gets to the playoffs it'll show

Yeah... it's called South Beach.

slimsheldon02
08-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Wade needs as many rings as kobe to be on his level period....same with lebron..The nba is a winning league and you are defined by your winning , ppl saying kobe isnt on bird or magics level are nuts bird has 3 rings kobe has five , kobes stats are better than birds in ever way , Magic has five rings , kobe has five , they are on the same level expect kobe will finish will better career numbers than magic, the only question for kobe is will he surpass mj

DanceGavinDance
08-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Jordan had pippen, but the Bulls drafted him, and its not like Pippen was any good his rookie year, Jordan helped develop what Pippen became.

Stacey King in a recent interview said that Pippen always played against Jordan during practices which helped Pip develop his skills. He also then said practices were a lot harder then real games because Jordan would go at you 100 percent...which made guarding players like Nique easier.

You see videos of practices of Lebron taking full court shots and all the ******** instead of going balls out during practices....

So don't compare Jordan to anybody else again.

It was a trade on draft day ;)

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:01 AM
LeBron is head and shoulders above Wade. There isn't one thing Wade does better. Shoot, pass, rebound, defend... Don't be fooled because they all went to Miami. Did you think Cleveland was an option?

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:03 AM

Thank you. LeBron is bigger than the game of basketball itself. There is no way he gets overshadowed on his own team simply because "Wade was there first." :facepalm:

Heater4life
08-16-2010, 11:06 AM

Couldnt have said it any better. ITS ALL ABOUT THE RINGS! and what seperates Michael from the pack, is how his team won those rings, by blowing out the competition. two three peats.

If the Heat are ever able to accomplish anything similar; Lebron, Wade, will be up there going toe to toe with Jordan, Magic, Bird.

as much as our perceptions NOW want to say differently, if these guys tear it up on the court. Its not going unnoticed. so yes, i believe Wade and Lebron can be reveered as being greats if not the GOAT, IF they win emphatically, and dominate just as they always have done.

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
And another thing... Kobe is definitely an all time great. A bit of a jacker but look at all he's accomplished in his career. One of the best scorers of all time. He's over Magic because he's the greatest Laker of all time.

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:12 AM

:facepalm: They call it Wade county because Wade rhymes with Dade. It's not really his county. :facepalm:

mikealike305
08-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Wade needs as many rings as kobe to be on his level period....same with lebron..The nba is a winning league and you are defined by your winning , ppl saying kobe isnt on bird or magics level are nuts bird has 3 rings kobe has five , kobes stats are better than birds in ever way , Magic has five rings , kobe has five , they are on the same level expect kobe will finish will better career numbers than magic, the only question for kobe is will he surpass mj

saying wade needs as many rings as kobe is stupid, to judge a player by the amount of rings he has is stupid, there are so many things that factor in to winning a ring.

Yeah... it's called South Beach.

no, it's called LBJ cant win it as the #1 guy so he needed a really winner like wade

Bluffmasta
08-16-2010, 11:19 AM
i hate when people say wade is mj and lbj is pippen, To me it makes no sense, how can arguably the best player in the league (LBJ) be second fiddle to Wade who most likely a top 5 player ( Kobe,LBJ Durant Wade Anthony) no particular order. Who cares if wade was here first and won a ring ( he did have SHAQ ). LBJ will still be the best player on that team, the two will work together and just dominante and bosh will help them secure multiple rings.

Minimal
08-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Magic, Bird, Kobe... Yes.
MJ...No.

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:20 AM
saying wade needs as many rings as kobe is stupid, to judge a player by the amount of rings he has is stupid, there are so many things that factor in to winning a ring.

no, it's called LBJ cant win it as the #1 guy so he needed a really winner like wade

Yeah... a "winner" who hasn't been out of the 1st round in 4 years :rolleyes:. Stop kidding yourself. They agreed to team up regardless of where they went. They went to Miami because its a great city. They could have all gone to Cleveland but why? Who wants to go to Cleveland? This is absolutely ridiculous. You'll see once the season starts. I guarantee you'll never hear "Wade and the Heat" again. It's "LeBron and the Heat." Get used to it.

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:22 AM
i hate when people say wade is mj and lbj is pippen, To me it makes no sense, how can arguably the best player in the league (LBJ) be second fiddle to Wade who most likely a top 5 player ( Kobe,LBJ Durant Wade Anthony) no particular order. Who cares if wade was here first and won a ring ( he did have SHAQ ). LBJ will still be the best player on that team, the two will work together and just dominante and bosh will help them secure multiple rings.

Exactly. LeBron is the best player in the world but the 2nd best player on his team? Makes ZERO sense.

mikealike305
08-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah... a "winner" who hasn't been out of the 1st round in 4 years :rolleyes:. Stop kidding yourself. They agreed to team up regardless of where they went. They went to Miami because its a great city. They could have all gone to Cleveland but why? Who wants to go to Cleveland? This is absolutely ridiculous. You'll see once the season starts. I guarantee you'll never hear "Wade and the Heat" again. It's "LeBron and the Heat." Get used to it.

wade hasnt got out of the 1st round cuz of his team, anyone who knows anything knows that, give kobe that same team and im sure he wont leave the first round either...
i agree with u on your 2nd point but not for the reasons u say that, it will be LBJs team... not cuz he is the best player on the team, but cuz ESPN and the rest of the world love lebron to much to accept that it's wades team and that lebron is a #2

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:33 AM
wade hasnt got out of the 1st round cuz of his team, anyone who knows anything knows that, give kobe that same team and im sure he wont leave the first round either...
i agree with u on your 2nd point but not for the reasons u say that, it will be LBJs team... not cuz he is the best player on the team, but cuz ESPN and the rest of the world love lebron to much to accept that it's wades team and that lebron is a #2

Please explain how Wade is better than LeBron. In what facet of the game? LeBron is a better scorer, shooter, passer, defender, rebounder, and leader. Yes, leader. When LeBron had a garbage team, he led them to the Finals. When Wade had a garbage team he failed repeatedly to get out of the 1st. So please explain to me how Wade is better.

erik7
08-16-2010, 11:36 AM
If they are winning 8 rings and break all kinds of records, no one will care whose team it is....if Wade averages 26-4-6 and Lebron averages 23-10-10 and Bosh 18-10 and they never have to have game winning shots because every game is a blowout...will they say its wades team because he is the leading ppg scorer or LBJ because of a triple double or VERY close (will happen)

It DOES NOT MATTER!!

alencp3
08-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Its wade team.
But for how long?

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:38 AM
If they are winning 8 rings and break all kinds of records, no one will care whose team it is....if Wade averages 26-4-6 and Lebron averages 23-10-10 and Bosh 18-10 and they never have to have game winning shots because every game is a blowout...will they say its wades team because he is the leading ppg scorer or LBJ because of a triple double or VERY close (will happen)

It DOES NOT MATTER!!

That's even if Wade leads the team in scoring which I don't think will happen.

KnicksorBust
08-16-2010, 11:49 AM
So now that Wade has the help he needs in Lebron and Bosh I have 1 simple question.......will he be in the discussion with MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe etc..... when his career is over if the Heat end up winning multiple championships?

I love hypotheticals but this is impossible to answer because you've left out all the relevant information. Was his role on the team? What was his regular season production? Was he Finals MVP? If he was the go-to scorer and clutch performer for 5 rings then definately we can talk about him in that discussion. But as of now we don't even know how the dynamic of this Heat team is going to work. We just know that it's going to work.

LeBron is head and shoulders above Wade. There isn't one thing Wade does better. Shoot, pass, rebound, defend... Don't be fooled because they all went to Miami. Did you think Cleveland was an option?

Wade wins championships better than LeBron. :)

Jaji
08-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Wade wins championships better than LeBron. :)

:sigh:

And Adam Morrison wins them better than Wade.

camador22
08-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Magic, Bird and Kareem all had superstars in their teams. While Kobe is a great player he's still not at the level of those guys and he's not close to MJ. Will Kobe be remembered by the first three championships even though Shaq was clearly the man? The real question lies is what happens to Kobe's legacy if he never wins a ring because of Wade and Lebron. I bet anything both will go down as better then Kobe and more accomplished when it's all said and done.

Jaji
08-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't even say Shaq was clearly the Man. Kobe led them in scoring the 3rd year and was right up there the other 2. The Lakers had the luxury of having players 1a and 1b in the whole league on their team. Kobe was just as pivotal as Shaq during that stretch. The Lakers wouldn't have one any titles if either one of those guys was missing.

effen5
:sigh:

And Adam Morrison wins them better than Wade.

Didn't know Adam was an important piece of that Lakers team...

Good analogy though.

:facepalm:

effen5
ITT Miami Heat fans vs everyone else

Nothing new here

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
08-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Please explain how Wade is better than LeBron. In what facet of the game? LeBron is a better scorer, shooter, passer, defender, rebounder, and leader. Yes, leader. When LeBron had a garbage team, he led them to the Finals. When Wade had a garbage team he failed repeatedly to get out of the 1st. So please explain to me how Wade is better.

first of all.. i hate lbj but he is better then wade and comming from a bulls fan who wanted lbj over wade even though i love wade

Wade: shooter his midrange is money, both suck at 3
you can argue who is better defender b.c wade gets steals and blocks for his position
he is way more clutch
Kobe only gets nod for defensive team because of media wade's defensive stats are impressive
Better leader he won championship (shaq washed-up didn't even avg double double when they won)
lbj got swept... didn't win one game ... which is as shame, he could have won one game by himself if he was such a great leader

lbj: better scorer just because of his body and size
Rebounder
has better vision then wade

lbj is a better overall player but wade has parts of his game that is better

people are right even if lbj is better it is going to be wade's team
ex : Newyork- arod and jeter
boston: it wasn't garnet's team it was still pual p

JordansBulls
08-16-2010, 12:07 PM

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_james_100709.html

Going to Miami, it isn’t going to be LeBron’s team. It is Wade’s team because he’s been there and has won a championship there. So the obvious point was that this would not be LeBron’s championship if he gets one or more, that he needed to go get help from a champion and another star.

Link (http://carltonjordan.com/2010/07/16/charles-barkley-on-lebron-he-will-never-be-like-michael-jordan/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+carltonjordan/DiuP+(CarltonJordan.com))

Charles Barkley on Wade vs Lebron:

“No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade’s team.”

camador22
08-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't even say Shaq was clearly the Man. Kobe led them in scoring the 3rd year and was right up there the other 2. The Lakers had the luxury of having players 1a and 1b in the whole league on their team. Kobe was just as pivotal as Shaq during that stretch. The Lakers wouldn't have one any titles if either one of those guys was missing.

Shaq won all 3 finals MVPs and the numbers weren't even close to Kobe's. Wade and Lebron would be a 1a and 1b type but we won't know who's 1b yet.

JordansBulls
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM

Wade already won a title as the man with a historic finals. No comparison really.

Lebromer
08-16-2010, 12:18 PM
should be.his team,he's the leader....thought it will be hotly debated for some time on who would get the preference him or lebron

Lebron's the leader now.

KnicksorBust
08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Didn't know Adam was an important piece of that Lakers team...

Good analogy though.

:facepalm:

:laugh: Thank you.

Wade already won a title as the man with a historic finals. No comparison really.

Exactly. If they are losing with 10 seconds left, I'd rather the ball in Wade's hands.

A Nut Da 1
08-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah and Kobe needed O'Neal and Gasol to win his rings.

MJ needed Pippen to win his rings.

It's Wade's team. These guys came here to play with him not the other way around.

If i recall Pippen was a rookie when he came to chicago its not like they waited for him to develope somewhere else and then said hey he is a top player lets pair him with MJ.......someone of the arguments people make on here don't make any sense

A Nut Da 1
08-16-2010, 12:30 PM

ha ha ha your a funny guy..... sooooooooo if i may ask from your point of view what makes James better than Wade because we obviously aren't looking at the same things

A Nut Da 1
08-16-2010, 12:33 PM

i don't understand how everyone just puts james above Kobe either and i don't like the lakers but i know when someone is a better player...James even states that Kobe is the best player but hey what would he know!

A Nut Da 1
08-16-2010, 12:36 PM
If Lebron has multiple MVP's, Finals MVP's, Championships (over 5) and his career stats are over 25 PPG, over 7 assists and rebounds a game and over 1 block and steal, he will be a top 5 player...he looks like he is playing in a league below the NBA when he plays....You can say Wade is a better leader, but Wade didn't do much more with the same kind of team LBJ had...Miami had a scrub team without Wade and he took them to the first round (often looked as if he gave up, would not come back on d sometimes after a missed call) and LBJ took them to the finals, ECF, and 2nd round (because his team was slightly better)

Basically what I am saying is that people want to say Wade is a better leader blah blah blah....Wade only won the championship because we had a better team that year than LBJ ever did....our guys stepped up and Cavs players choked like every year....

If you switched LBJ and Wade up and kept the teams they had, LBJ would have at least 2 rings right now and Wade would never have been to the finals....that's because LBJ is that good...Wade is great don't get me wrong...but LBJ is on another level (like I said, I am a die hard Heat fan since 96' and Wade is my favorite player, I would have said this last year or now...I know my basketball)

the cavs players didn't choke there "leader" choked

A Nut Da 1
08-16-2010, 12:40 PM

you have got to be kidding? right?

KnicksorBust
08-16-2010, 12:48 PM
ha ha ha your a funny guy..... sooooooooo if i may ask from your point of view what makes James better than Wade because we obviously aren't looking at the same things

I'm going to take a shot in the dark that it could be that James had more ppg, apg, rpg, was a more effecient scorer and was on all-defensive 1st team. Oh and multi-quoting is an amazing thing you should try it sometime.

Shammyguy3
08-16-2010, 01:11 PM
saying kobe is a notch believe them is pure nonsense he has give rings, same as magic jordan has one more, he has two more than bird, hes numbers are better thans birds, and the same as magic and slightly under jordans, Kobe is better than bird, as good as magic and might be as good as mj when its all said and done, MJ was a better Defender but kobe has more offensive game so to me it makes them a wash. Wade will never get the type of credit that those guys got becasue he had to bring in lebron and bosh but if he can get 4 or five rings maybe that will change over time.

Whoah there junior. Slow down for a second.
Kobe Bryant is not better than Larry Bird, Kobe Bryant is not as good as Magic Johnson, and Kobe Bryant will never be as good as Michael Jordan when all is said and done. And :laugh2: at you thinking Kobe has a more offensive game. Look at the stats for yourself:

Bryant vs. Jordan
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=jordami01&y1=2003&p2=bryanko01&y2=2010

Bryant vs. Bird
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=birdla01&y1=1992&p2=bryanko01&y2=2010

Bryant vs. Johnson
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=johnsma02&y1=1996&p2=bryanko01&y2=2010

Bryant is worse in practically every single category against each of MJ, Bird, and Magic.

Shammyguy3
08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
first of all.. i hate lbj but he is better then wade and comming from a bulls fan who wanted lbj over wade even though i love wade

Wade: shooter his midrange is money, both suck at 3
lbj is a better overall player but wade has parts of his game that is better

Wade's midrange shot is not "money," it's actually pretty bad. And, Wade does suck from 3, but Lebron is average at it. Lebron is the better player, and in two more years Wade will have a serious decline because he completely relies on his athleticism and he can't shoot worth a lick.

KnicksorBust
08-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Whoah there junior. Slow down for a second.
Kobe Bryant is not better than Larry Bird, Kobe Bryant is not as good as Magic Johnson, and Kobe Bryant will never be as good as Michael Jordan when all is said and done. And :laugh2: at you thinking Kobe has a more offensive game. Look at the stats for yourself:

Bryant vs. Jordan
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=jordami01&y1=2003&p2=bryanko01&y2=2010

Bryant vs. Bird
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=birdla01&y1=1992&p2=bryanko01&y2=2010

Bryant vs. Johnson
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=johnsma02&y1=1996&p2=bryanko01&y2=2010

Bryant is worse in practically every single category against each of MJ, Bird, and Magic.

Bryant's Career PER > Bird
Bryant's Ring Total > Bird

After last season, you can definately make a legit argument that Kobe is a top 5 player all-time when you combine all around skill, regular season accomplishments and postseason accomplishments.

That being said, this thread is about Wade.

A Nut Da 1
08-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm going to take a shot in the dark that it could be that James had more ppg, apg, rpg, was a more effecient scorer and was on all-defensive 1st team. Oh and multi-quoting is an amazing thing you should try it sometime.
i could be wrong but didn't james have the ball in his had more than wade so hince the scoring and assist and as a small forward you better have more rpg than the two guard... James is not a better shooter or scorer than wade.. he isn't a better defender although he did average more blocks...not a better leader or clutch player... not a better ball handler doesn't have heart there for isn't a better player

RocketPower2010
08-16-2010, 01:41 PM

Hi, I have Pippen, Shaq, and Gasol on line 3 and they are pissed and want to talk to you.

tredigs
08-16-2010, 02:17 PM

It comforts me to know that the people who actually believe this nonsense are functionally illiterate. Reading through this thread was a solid case study that Dolphins have probably passed Humans in baseline intelligence ; ]

"Kobe was better than Bird, as good as Magic and a has more offensive game then Jordan so he is a wash with him". Smh. Wow guy.

patsspurscubs
08-16-2010, 03:25 PM
I've noticed a lot of people saying that Wade won't be 'the guy' for the Heat next year, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone from the Heat saying that Wade will still be 'the guy'. I think it would be more like Magic and Kareem. Where Lebron is Magic (aka the guy who sets everyone up) and Wade is Kareem (aka the one winning all the scoring titles and stuff.

DCB/LAL
08-16-2010, 03:33 PM
ITs WADES TEAM people need to get that through their heads.....it'd be like if Lebron were to go to the Lakers would it be Lebrons team or Kobes team?? Anyone who would even think it'd be Lebrons is an IDIOT...this is a similar situation IT IS WADES TEAM.

Jaji
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Shaq won all 3 finals MVPs and the numbers weren't even close to Kobe's. Wade and Lebron would be a 1a and 1b type but we won't know who's 1b yet.

Shaq won Finals MVP because he was so dominant at his position. He was waaaayyyyy better than the next best center. NO ONE could match up with him. Doesn't take anything away from Kobe who was absolutely phenomenal during that 3 peat. They were the top 2 players in the league. Period.

With James and Wade its different. LeBron is clearly the better player. He's #1 in the league right now. Wade is probably 5th best behind Kobe, Durant and Howard.

JordansBulls
08-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Shaq won Finals MVP because he was so dominant at his position. He was waaaayyyyy better than the next best center. NO ONE could match up with him. Doesn't take anything away from Kobe who was absolutely phenomenal during that 3 peat. They were the top 2 players in the league. Period.

Um, no. Kobe in 2001 and maybe 2002 can be said to be top 3 in the league but definitely not ahead of Duncan. Kobe in 2000 may have been top 5-7 in the league. Those 3 years he finished 12th, 9th and 5th in MVP voting.

And Lebron is not clearly the better player until he can prove it on the highest stage like Wade has. Right now Lebron is slated for one of the worst finals ever while Wade has one of the best ever.

Avenged
08-16-2010, 03:54 PM

Pretty much. The talent levels of Lopez and Rose compared to Wade are far less at this point.

There's no way it's even comparable.

Jaji
08-16-2010, 03:55 PM
ITs WADES TEAM people need to get that through their heads.....it'd be like if Lebron were to go to the Lakers would it be Lebrons team or Kobes team?? Anyone who would even think it'd be Lebrons is an IDIOT...this is a similar situation IT IS WADES TEAM.

Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. You can call it Wade's team if that makes you happy but LeBron is the best player. "Wade's team" was dismantled. They started anew with LeBron's team. Wade is just a holdover. LeBron was the prize of the 2010 FA class, not Wade. If LeBron went to Chicago, no one would be talking about the Heat, it would be all about the Bulls. Don't kid yourself. You're just trying to downplay LeBron's arrival because you're a Lakers fan having issues dealing with the fact that their reign will soon be over. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. It doesn't really matter.

DCB/LAL
08-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. You can call it Wade's team if that makes you happy but LeBron is the best player. "Wade's team" was dismantled. They started anew with LeBron's team. Wade is just a holdover. LeBron was the prize of the 2010 FA class, not Wade. If LeBron went to Chicago, no one would be talking about the Heat, it would be all about the Bulls. Don't kid yourself. You're just trying to downplay LeBron's arrival because you're a Lakers fan having issues dealing with the fact that their reign will soon be over. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. It doesn't really matter.

Its Wades team. And no im not having issues.....why would I make a thread about Wade potentially being viewed in the same light as MJ, Bird, Magic, Kobe etc.... Good one you IGNORAMUS.

If Lebron would of gone to the Lakres would it of been Lebrons team? :rolleyes: Its Wades team you just have a hard time accepting that.

JordansBulls
08-16-2010, 04:00 PM

It's Wade's team. Wade is the proven winner. We know Wade can get the job done as the man, we don't know that with Lebron and will never know until Wade is done playing or falls off.

Now where the debate gets interesting on if it is Lebron's team is if he went to Orlando to play with Dwight or New Orleans with CP3 or Oklahoma City with Durant.

Going to play to Kobe, Wade or Duncan, it would be there teams.

8kobe24
08-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Magic, Bird and Kareem all had superstars in their teams. While Kobe is a great player he's still not at the level of those guys and he's not close to MJ. Will Kobe be remembered by the first three championships even though Shaq was clearly the man? The real question lies is what happens to Kobe's legacy if he never wins a ring because of Wade and Lebron. I bet anything both will go down as better then Kobe and more accomplished when it's all said and done.

camador22 strikes again...:eyebrow:

Jaji
08-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Its Wades team. And no im not having issues.....why would I make a thread about Wade potentially being viewed in the same light as MJ, Bird, Magic, Kobe etc.... Good one you IGNORAMUS.

If Lebron would of gone to the Lakres would it of been Lebrons team? :rolleyes: Its Wades team you just have a hard time accepting that.

Sure it can be Wade's team if that's what you wanna call it. But the stats and awards will tell a different story.