PDA

View Full Version : Which two players in the NBA could end up being most like Jordan-Pippen?

Boston Faithful
08-16-2010, 04:35 AM
LeBron and Wade do not count for this, because they also have Bosh. They would have only counted if it was LeBron, Wade and supporting players.

I'm talking which shooting guard and small forward could team together and have immense success like Jordan and Pippen did leading a team alone.

If Tyreke Evans (at SG) and Kevin Durant (at SF) ever teamed together, I think they could have immense potential to be Jordan and Pippen like for years to come. Definitely a force out West.

Outside of that, I don't really see any other duo having that kind of potential. Granger is already 27 and is nowhere near that level. Carmelo would be a good sidekick to Durant, but he also is a small forward. There really is no other tandem that would have potential for that success, being that most players at those positions have reached their potential already and they are nowhere near Jordan-Pippen level.

ee
08-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Right now, no one is close aside from I hate to say it but LBJ and Wade.......Both Pippen and Jordan can lead a so so team to 50 wins.....I don't see any duo doing the same alone....Kobe teaming up with a healthy McGrady lol.....

hyb152
08-16-2010, 04:51 AM
Right now, no one is close aside from I hate to say it but LBJ and Wade.......Both Pippen and Jordan can lead a so so team to 50 wins.....I don't see any duo doing the same alone....Kobe teaming up with a healthy McGrady lol.....

I agree, Lebron and Wade. Wade plays just like pippen with more offensive fire power. He'll be a great sidekick to lebron this season if they can co-exist together.

abe_froman
08-16-2010, 04:54 AM
if your looking for 2 players of the equal level(as you said you are),than no one

though wade/lebron should be a good one if they stick together/have success.but really i dont see anyone having the same dynamic or set up(sf/sg)

tredigs
08-16-2010, 04:56 AM
MJ and Pippen had great PF's as well... Horace Grant and later Rodman. They wouldn't have won without that strong presence down low.

So I would say that the "Pippen / Jordan" of our time is obviously Wade and Lebron. A top two SG and a top SF (rather than a top SG and top two SF).

Though with this Heat team it's closer to Magic + Kobe than Scottie and Jordan.

The logistics of putting together another elite SG + wing combo are a little too far off to make sense for any other team right now. So really, the only one that realistically compares is James/Wade.

Westbrook (can play like a SG) and Durant would be the next closest I guess.

abe_froman
08-16-2010, 04:56 AM
I agree, Lebron and Wade. Wade plays just like pippen with more offensive fire power. He'll be a great sidekick to lebron this season if they can co-exist together.

no he doesnt,he's nowhere near the defensive presence that pippen was,and style of play is pretty different as well

tredigs
08-16-2010, 05:01 AM
no he doesnt,he's nowhere near the defensive presence that pippen was,and style of play is pretty different as well

They're both all league defenders (and deservedly so), who will only be better on that end of the floor now that they won't be relied upon to do everything on the offensive end and can devote more energy to defense. They won't be as good as MJ and Scottie defensively, but they'll be amazing in their own right.

Skill wise, the only wing duo even remotely comparable to Wade/Lebron is Jordan/Pippen. Not saying that they are or will necessarily ever surpass their level together, but nobody else in the leagues history has had that level of well rounded talent on their wings.

B.JenningsMVP
08-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Vince/T-mac (when healthy) could/should/would have been i guess the cloest.
But that's the past, i can't really see anyone in the near future (besides Wade/Bron?) doing so.....

asandhu23
08-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Ellis/Curry...

oh wait... I am being a homer

MikeBrown30
08-16-2010, 05:44 AM

No he doesn't play like pippen at all pippen is lightyears better offensivley defensivly and all around pippen is an all around elite player. Wade only has offense

tredigs
08-16-2010, 05:53 AM
No he doesn't play like pippen at all pippen is lightyears better offensivley defensivly and all around pippen is an all around elite player. Wade only has offense

ban yourself.

Niro
08-16-2010, 05:57 AM

how many heat games did you watch last season?

BrotherRedz
08-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Ever wonder why Mike Brown sucks ;)

icej
08-16-2010, 06:06 AM
There wont be another MJ or anyone closer with his skill, you might see another Pippen but never MJ not with these existing players today at least.

I hope someday.

bbblack40
08-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Wade and lebron are goin to be like magic and jordan teamin up not scottie and jordan.

Khalifa21
08-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Wade/LeBron is the obvious answer, with LeBron being the Jordan and Wade being the Pippen.

Jaji
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow you just won the award for overrating Bosh the most. :clap:

Jaji
08-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Wade/LeBron is the obvious answer, with LeBron being the Jordan and Wade being the Pippen.

But Wade was there first! :rolleyes:

(like that really matters)

DCSportsIsPain
08-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Except LeBron didn't make Wade an all-star from an 8 and 4 role player.
And LeBron isn't a refuse to lose player.
And LeBron doesn't make anyone around him better.

But other than that, yea LeBron and Wade are close. :rolleyes:
Wade is the Batman in that pairing.

JordansBulls
08-16-2010, 05:40 PM

:nod:

tredigs
08-16-2010, 07:51 PM

I'm sick of seeing this argument.

Pippen was a top 5 pick just two years after MJ came into the league (along with another top 10 pick in Grant) who was a 24 pt - 10 reb - 4 ast - 3stl player in his senior year of college. Just an insanely good prospect.

Yes, he put up "8 and 4" as a role player in his ROOKIE season playing limited minutes. Kobe put up 7 - 2 -1 his rookie season, and 15 - 2 his next year; it is a time for adjustment, very few players are given the opportunity for a high USG% and solid numbers that early.

Jordan helped motivate Scottie to become the player he was always capable of being (and was in college), but by no means is that comparable to anything in Lebron's situation. Who the hell was his Scottie Pippen?? Delonte West? I am getting bored with the stupidity and ignorance on this forum.

TylerSL
08-17-2010, 10:45 PM
how can Wade and James not count because they have Bosh? Thats like saying Jordan and Pippen dont count because they had Rodman.......makes no sense. It is Wade and James easy and to the guy that said Pippen is way better than Wade offensively defensively and all around and that Wade has only offense is an idiot and doesnt watch DWade

TylerSL
08-17-2010, 10:48 PM

wow you are truly a hater and show you're ignorance everytime you post :facepalm:

patsspurscubs
08-17-2010, 10:51 PM
:nod:

:facepalm:x1000000000

Minimal
08-18-2010, 05:16 AM

90% of your post here are LeBron hate posts, why aren't you banned yet?
LeBron is arguably the best player today.
He doesn't make teammates better? You are dumb. Here is simple example how he runs the team:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxqxNl6iJ8

LeBron-Wade is nearest combo to Jordan-Pippen, LeBron being a Jordan and Wade being a Pippen.