PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the 11th and 12th players in the USA team?

NBA-GMaster
08-15-2010, 12:39 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/08/15/green-and-mcgee-sent-home/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/usa_basketball_mens_world_cha_2010_08_15.html

Green and McGee have been cut..
Durant,Iguodala,Billups,Rondo,Chandler,Rose,Grange r,Gay,Odom and Love guaranteed their spots in team USA, its between Curry, Westbrook or Gordon who will be cut..

setter
08-15-2010, 12:43 PM
the spot should go to the shooters... with rose and rondo, westbrook becomes kind of redundent.

airforceones25
08-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Gordon will make this team... The kid is a great on the ball defender and can create his shot when he wants.. Not to mention his range. IMO there's no way he CAN'T make this team.

todu82
08-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Westbrook and Gordon

goose15
08-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Curry & Gordon

better shooters than Westbrook

Khalifa21
08-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Curry and Westbrook.

tredigs
08-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Gordon will make this team... The kid is a great on the ball defender and can create his shot when he wants.. Not to mention his range. IMO there's no way he CAN'T make this team.

Well, Westbrook's an even better defender who can create his own buckets with ease; and just an all around better player. Then there's Curry - who's a much better playmaker and the best shooter on the team.

I would be surprised if Gordon is not cut, but team USA might be content with having Westbrook cut being that they already have essentially the same player in D. Rose.

J-Relo
08-15-2010, 02:11 PM
They are all 6-3. So i think it's about those guys who can play without the ball.

Gordon and Westbrook - my pick. They are both good on D (not Curry), it seems like team USA doesn't really need one more playmaker.

Swashcuff
08-15-2010, 02:16 PM
They are all 6-3. So i think it's about those guys who can play without the ball.

Gordon and Westbrook - my pick. They are both good on D (not Curry), it seems like team USA doesn't really need one more playmaker.

Curry is not good on D? C'mon dude you must be joking.

The correct thing to say is he is not as good/physical defender as Westbrook and Gordon but he's still a VERY hard worker on the defensive end. He may not be as good a defender as the other but he is still good on D.

tredigs
08-15-2010, 03:15 PM

Coach K. mentioned in an interview what a surprisingly strong on-ball defender Curry was during their workouts, and that he was the teams top shooter. I'd be surprised if he got the axe, but the team is fairly guard heavy and he's the teams only rookie, so that may factor in.

Baller1
08-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Westbrook better make it.