PDA

View Full Version : Will Bynum thinks he should start for the Pistons."Signs of contoversy to come?"

spreadeagle
08-15-2010, 06:07 AM
The Free-Press reports that Bynum, who recently signed a three-year, $9.75 million contract, wants to start. Tell that to Rodney Stuckey and Rip Hamilton: He said he has a goal to hear his name called with the starting lineup on opening night in New Jersey on Oct. 27. Im looking forward to a great year, Bynum said. I dont think for one second that the money Im making makes me a reserve. I just want to clear that up from the beginning. I think that the money that Im making gives me the opportunity to excel, and Im trying to do it.

Im guessing Rodney Stucky and Rip Hamilton are not gunna be to happy to read this. With Rip n Prince on the block,the big contracts of Ben Gordon and Charlie V, Trying to make room for T mac and his Ego,and now a recently signed player already making starter controversies..Could be an interesting year in tha D

Khalifa21
08-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Fighting talk but you don't wanna cause locker room problems with your teammates.

BrotherRedz
08-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Detroit should Swap Guards with Minnesota Then

JWO35
08-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Trade Rip, start Stuckey at SG and Bynum at PG....not that hard. I highly doubt Bynum will be taking anybody spot if one of the two isn't traded or injured.

BrotherRedz
08-15-2010, 08:02 AM
^ No need to change position, Stuckey can still be at PG, but with difference defensive matchup

kozelkid
08-15-2010, 12:18 PM
And he is right considering they don't have anyone capable of playing pg except for him.

Gators123
08-15-2010, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't mind as long as Stuckey starts at the 2. That wont happen until Rip is gone.

Raoul Duke
08-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I love his attitude. Conversely, I'd be pissed if he said he was fine with coming off the bench.

We already talked about this over in the Pistons forum. It's a non-issue.

Chacarron
08-15-2010, 12:23 PM
How tall is Stuckey? 6'3?

Gators123
08-15-2010, 12:23 PM
how tall is stuckey? 6'3?

6'5

Chacarron
08-15-2010, 12:26 PM
6'5

Now I see why Pistons fans say he should start at SG.

Raoul Duke
08-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Now I see why Pistons fans say he should start at SG.

We say that because we're still bitter that he's not Chauncey.

His numbers at the point were getting really good towards the end of last season. Turnovers were down and assists were up, his shot selection was improving, etc etc. Then, he collapsed on the bench and had to be taken to the hospital and didn't play for like two weeks. Then when he did play again, they gave him limited minutes and usually didn't have him running the offense. :(

Still, if you look at that six week stretch before the "incident", he was really starting to put it together. It was like he was starting to turn the corner, finally. Hopefully we see that again from him this season, earlier and with no scary medical anomolies.

Hellcrooner
08-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Enter a Tj Ford or Jose Calderon trade to Pstons for Bynum and RIp.....

fadedmario
08-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Trade Rip, start Stuckey at SG and Bynum at PG....not that hard. I highly doubt Bynum will be taking anybody spot if one of the two isn't traded or injured.

x2

netsgiantsyanks
08-15-2010, 12:54 PM

yeah, lets see how that'll work out.

fadedmario
08-15-2010, 12:56 PM
yeah, lets see how that'll work out.

Joe D was quoted saying he's received offers for Prince and Hamilton. So...

OA SLAY
08-15-2010, 02:32 PM
They should trade Stuckey now i dont see him being a long term starter. And isnt he in the final year of his contract? I say Package him with RIP, Prince or both.

Hawkeye15
08-15-2010, 02:56 PM
well, they are in a pinch with Rip. Long deal, with a player who makes a ton of money, with a sharply declining career. Trading Stuckey, for anything they can get up front with scoring ability, and then sliding Bynum to starting PG isn't going to effect them in the win column this year, they are in for a bad year. Bynum didn't do well with more minutes last season, his efficiency actually dropped quite a bit, but he isn't a bad player. Their major problem is they are hamstrung with bad deals for average players. I like Monroe, Daye, loved the Terrico pick, I think they can get something individually for Prince, but they are going to have a rough season, and would be wise to attempt to chase future flexibility at this point

Hawkeye15
08-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Joe D was quoted saying he's received offers for Prince and Hamilton. So...

did he say what kind of offers? I highly doubt they are getting good offers for Rip

Gators123
08-15-2010, 02:57 PM
well, they are in a pinch with Rip. Long deal, with a player who makes a ton of money, with a sharply declining career. Trading Stuckey, for anything they can get up front with scoring ability, and then sliding Bynum to starting PG isn't going to effect them in the win column this year, they are in for a bad year. Bynum didn't do well with more minutes last season, his efficiency actually dropped quite a bit, but he isn't a bad player. Their major problem is they are hamstrung with bad deals for average players. I like Monroe, Daye, loved the Terrico pick, I think they can get something individually for Prince, but they are going to have a rough season, and would be wise to attempt to chase future flexibility at this point

He played with 2 sprained ankles for a lot of the season.

He kept injuring both his ankles throughout the season. The Pistons trainer finally banned the shoes he was wearing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Pistons-trainer-banishes-Nike-Hyperize-sneakers?urn=nba-224239

Gators123
08-15-2010, 02:58 PM
They should trade Stuckey now i dont see him being a long term starter. And isnt he in the final year of his contract? I say Package him with RIP, Prince or both.

Stuckey is definitely a starter, but most likely at SG.

Hawkeye15
08-15-2010, 03:03 PM

I am aware of this, but his efficiency dropped big time, and he didn't play minutes that would abuse sprains.
I am a Bynum fan, but he hasn't earned the right to start. However, Detroit needs to start providing future flexibility now, or they are terrible for 5 years.

IversonIsKrazy
08-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Will Bynum is a beast tho. I remember when he scored 26 pts in the 4th Q of a game 2 years ago.

asandhu23
08-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Whats "contoversy" ?

Hawkeye15
08-15-2010, 03:09 PM

He kept injuring both his ankles throughout the season. The Pistons trainer finally banned the shoes he was wearing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Pistons-trainer-banishes-Nike-Hyperize-sneakers?urn=nba-224239

haha, I remember reading that about the shoes. But efficiency drop like he had is a concern, period.

spreadeagle
08-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds like the Pistons need a true PG..my Raptors have 2 available ones..we could use Rip at the 2

OA SLAY
08-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Stuckey makes 2.7mill this season and Team has option of 3.8 in 2011/12

lakerfan3118
08-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Sounds like the Pistons need a true PG..my Raptors have 2 available ones..we could use Rip at the 2

Believe me, your Raptors do not want Hamilton.

Hellcrooner
08-15-2010, 04:55 PM
i think lakers could ahve some interest in sending them Vujacics expiring , one of the roojies and Walton ( retire and ocmes out of books in one year) for Rip to play the "Ron Harper" role.

G-Menfan4lyfe
08-15-2010, 05:07 PM

The pistons need to go back to the logo in your avatar for their jerseys. They were much cooler uni's.

Jewelz0376
08-15-2010, 05:18 PM
i think lakers could ahve some interest in sending them Vujacics expiring , one of the roojies and Walton ( retire and ocmes out of books in one year) for Rip to play the "Ron Harper" role.

uhhh no... The lakers don't want to trade away Sasha horrible contract that will be gone after this next season for another horrible contract they would have to deal with thru 2013....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Bynum isn't a starter material

xbrackattackx
08-15-2010, 06:17 PM
uhhh no... The lakers don't want to trade away Sasha horrible contract that will be gone after this next season for another horrible contract they would have to deal with thru 2013....

I think thats when Kobe, Gasol and Odom and maybe artest expire too thoughh..

fadedmario
08-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Everyone on here likes to take cheap shots at Pistons fans. I guess a championship and 6 straight ECF appearances in the last 10 years might have something to do with it.

PistonsFan14
08-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Everyone on here likes to take cheap shots at Pistons fans. I guess a championship and 6 straight ECF appearances in the last 10 years might have something to do with it.

X2 :clap:

Not to mention a rich history of Basketball in a blue collar enviroment. The city molded this team.

Yes it may no be as rich as LA and Boston. But we have pride in our teams as I know everyone does but ours is special.

Anywho. Bynum I could see starting. Right now? No. 2 or 3 years if he stays healthy and improves on the little things? Definantly

Gators123
08-15-2010, 06:59 PM
^ love the sig :clap:

Giantwarrior
08-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Looks like he has the Napoleon Syndrome.

Giantwarrior
08-15-2010, 07:08 PM

You guys get made fun of because of the choke job over the years. 6 straight ECF appearances. at least you guys got one title.

abe_froman
08-15-2010, 07:08 PM

rip is on a bad contract and declining,its not a cheap shot..just something that is

2_Trill
08-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Thank God for the Pistons!

Gators123
08-15-2010, 07:13 PM
You guys get made fun of because of the choke job over the years. 6 straight ECF appearances. at least you guys got one title.

How many times have the Warriors been to the playoffs in the last 20 years?

masalex1205
08-15-2010, 07:13 PM
they'll suck whether there is controversy or not

Kashmir13579
08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
he could be a starter on another team. stuckey is sick too. one of them needs to just be a bench PG and the pistons have an amazing backcourt

PistonsFan14
08-15-2010, 07:21 PM
he could be a starter on another team. stuckey is sick too. one of them needs to just be a bench PG and the pistons have an amazing backcourt

Agreed.

Raoul Duke
08-15-2010, 07:24 PM

From the guy who was so excited to see his team make the second round a couple years back. That's rich, man.

If we're Napoleon, then you're Vern Troyer.

PistonsFan14
08-15-2010, 07:25 PM

Going to the NBA's final four 6 straight years and advancing 2 of them is quite the accomplishment.

Can you think of the last team that did that? I am willing to bet no one has in the last decade.

Yes that is the past but you cant say "oh well they choked and should have done better"

Thats a bit picky, especially coming from a Warriors fan.

spreadeagle
08-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Going to the NBA's final four 6 straight years and advancing 2 of them is quite the accomplishment.

Can you think of the last team that did that? I am willing to bet no one has in the last decade.

Yes that is the past but you cant say "oh well they choked and should have done better"

Thats a bit picky, especially coming from a Warriors fan.

Whats up with Ben Gordon..he was suppose to be a perenial allstar type player.You dont even hear his named talked about anymore..Does he need a trade to a new place or is he just slackin

Hellcrooner
08-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Whats up with Ben Gordon..he was suppose to be a perenial allstar type player.You dont even hear his named talked about anymore..Does he need a trade to a new place or is he just slackin

he just been exposed as a Ballhog itht pads stats . what he always was.

Hellcrooner
08-15-2010, 11:12 PM
The pistons need to go back to the logo in your avatar for their jerseys. They were much cooler uni's.

:badidea: they are perfetct as they are now, logo and uni, they shodl have NEVER changed since pistons glory bad boys days.

Tht uniform and uni is a classic like Lakers,celtics or bulls and shoudl never change.

The Raven
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
what the hell has this guy ever done anyway

Vikingfan84
08-16-2010, 04:47 PM
If I was the Pistons coach/owner, Bynum would be starting. Rodney Stuckey is trash and can't shoot to save his life.