PDA

View Full Version : families of 9/11 victims understanding of wade's comments

the nightman
08-14-2010, 05:34 PM
NEW YORK—Following Dwyane Wade's controversial remarks likening the fall of the World Trade Center towers to his team having a losing streak, several families of 9/11 victims announced their support for Wade, saying that three consecutive regular-season losses by the Heat would in fact be at least as tragic as the largest terrorist attack on American soil. "I can say without fear of contradiction that even a single loss by this very talented Miami team would make the Oklahoma City bombing pale in comparison," Staten Island's Kent Norris told reporters Wednesday, noting that he lost his daughter and son-in-law on 9/11. "Three losses in a row from a team that has LeBron, Bosh, and Wade? America would never truly recover from that." Norris also received support from the Jewish Anti-Defamation League after claiming that Miami failing to win at least five titles during LeBron's tenure would be "worse than 10 holocausts."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/families-of-911-victims-heat-losing-3-in-a-row-wou,17772/

some people blew those comments out of proportion. if the families of victims are willing to set it aside, some of you should be too. the comments werent that big of a dela.

ATX
08-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Amen

He obviously meant no harm, and his comments were originally taken way out of context, and people overreacted due to their blind hatred of all things Miami. Wade's a good dude.

Steelers23_06
08-14-2010, 05:46 PM
i mean these people have a lot on their mind but he apologized saying he shouldnt have used this wording. he apologized what more do you want from him? yea it was the wrong thing to say but dont jump all over him.

beasted86
08-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Unsure...if..sarcastic...and...know...about... Onion

:hide:

VinceCarter
08-14-2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/families-of-911-victims-heat-losing-3-in-a-row-wou,17772/

some people blew those comments out of proportion. if the families of victims are willing to set it aside, some of you should be too. the comments werent that big of a dela.

It was unprofessional.

commonsense12
08-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Wow all the Heat fans find it acceptable lol. In no way should any losing streak be compared to the attack of American soil and the loss of 3k lives. Wades comments were unprofessional and he needs to get over himself.

Master P
08-14-2010, 06:04 PM
it's tough. On the one hand it's impossible to hold athletes to a high standard of either professionalism or intellectualism. But on the other, they need to know that when they say something stupid it will upset some. Further, they will also get made fun of for it. That being said, it's really us (the fans) who are being stupid if we think that athletes are always going to say something insightful and non-offensive all the time. They're athletes, not public speakers.

abe_froman
08-14-2010, 06:12 PM

lol not sure if your serious...

Korman12
08-14-2010, 06:23 PM
It's the Onion, there's no discussion here.

sofargone
08-14-2010, 06:34 PM
The onion

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-14-2010, 06:34 PM

some people blew those comments out of proportion. If the families of victims are willing to set it aside, some of you should be too. The comments werent that big of a dela.

lmao fail!

geraptor
08-14-2010, 06:37 PM
lmao

justinnum1
08-14-2010, 06:39 PM
:facepalm:

PolySci
08-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Epic Fail Guys.

John Walls Era
08-14-2010, 06:58 PM
lol theonion. Wade shouldn't have said that, not that I really care.

ATX
08-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Wow all the Heat fans find it acceptable lol. In no way should any losing streak be compared to the attack of American soil and the loss of 3k lives. Wades comments were unprofessional and he needs to get over himself.

Over 150k people were dead instantly in the Hiromshima and Nagasaki bombs...I can go on...Maybe you need to get over yourself, Mr. righteous. Wade didn't mean anything by it. All he was inferring was that the MEDIA would make a bigger deal about it than 9/11. We Heat fans don't find it acceptable, we just know the innocence of the comment. It's NOT a big deal, accept to self righteous folks hell bent on patriotism whatever the cost. Say what you will, but I'm not returning to this thread to get into an argument about how Patriotic you are and how much you love America, and how I must be a terrorist, and that Wade must be a terrorist...This whole thing is just absurd. If ANY player made the same comments, I would understand where they were coming from, and move on. Peace

:facepalm: Myself for not seeing the article was from the Onion.

ATX
08-14-2010, 07:03 PM

:clap:

Afro
08-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Lol @ everyone who didn't realize this article was satire.

njnets
08-14-2010, 11:13 PM

this

ManningToTyree
08-14-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4TSNA_enUS359US359&q=onion&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1345&bih=497

oak2455
08-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Here is the deal Wade f uped end of story.. I'm not going into detail on who I lost but for him to say anything is just asinine lets put it this way if it was Arod wow could you imagine all the backlash:mad:

Bubba313
08-14-2010, 11:32 PM
lol I swear i feel like every Heat fan is Wade and Lebron's personal publicist defending them on every position. Well I can say for one thing if Amare said some stupid **** like that being in New York he would probably be booed at the Knicks game.

But Wade is a good guy he just made a mistake. Lebron on the other hand lol

ntat
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
well thank god he got their appoval to make an analogy...
Oh it was on The Onion? haha
No one has the right to get but hurt over what wade said, NO ONE. It was an analogy.

WITZ
08-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Hahahaha Fail and wade's a douche for making that comparison.

Kyben36
08-14-2010, 11:55 PM
First off, I understand where he was coming from, but still, there was no need to bring it up, it was still unexceptable under any circumstances to bring up 911 and compare it to anything.

as for the familys understanding, thats fine, I am not mad at him for it, but he needs to think before he says something that makes him look ignorant. Nobody in there right mind would compare a basketball team loosing a few games to one of the United states worst disasters. one of which killed almost 3000 people. are people going to over react to them if they loose a few games, of course, but they arnt going to act like its 911, I remember 911 vividly, I remember telling my teacher what I had heard on the radio, causing them to pull a TV into the office of my school, and watch. I will not in any way shape of form remeber every time the Heat loose a few games.

Now, This went from a simple explanation of my opinions, to a small rant, Im sorry for that. but next time D Wade, Choose your words more carfullly.