PDA

View Full Version : Question about Carmelo and Cp3??

kntresistheheat
08-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I just have one question? Will everyone start calling Carmelo and cp3 "punks" or start bashing them for leaving their team to go to NY to form a trio of their own?

Trust me, melo will go to NY! His wife is from there and he played ball out there and you know if cp3 ain't traded there he will be at the end of the season??? Which I am fine with that cause it would a perfect system for them, that run and gun offense . I am hoping that this does happen, so Miami can catch a break and let NY get it for a while!

mikealike305
08-14-2010, 10:03 AM
it would depend how they do it.... they will still be called punks tho... not as much

kntresistheheat
08-14-2010, 10:10 AM
it would depend how they do it.... they will still be called punks tho... not as much

They are going to do it kind of like lebron did minus the the decision hoopla he did. Both of those guys will leave their respectful teams as free agents.

NBA-GMaster
08-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Hmmm.. What if Melo goes to Boston for Pierce, Perkins and a 1st rd draft pick..
Anthony and Balkman for Pierce, Perkins and draft pick/s. (after dec. 15,2010)

ldawg
08-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Cp3 or Carmelo is not viewed as the next big thing. Do you see anyone bashing Bosh? They are bashing Lebron only he was viewed as the next great one. along the lines of Kareem, MJ, Magic, Bird, etc... How do a player like that join another top player team? Thats like Mj going to play with Magic. We don't hold that high expectations for cp3 or Melo their teams never lead the nba nore have they won any MVP

kntresistheheat
08-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Hmmm.. What if Melo goes to Boston for Pierce, Perkins and a 1st rd draft pick..
Anthony and Balkman for Pierce, Perkins and draft pick/s. (after dec. 15,2010)

But then melo would have the option to bolt, because he would be a free agent at the end of the season. :confused:

mikealike305
08-14-2010, 10:18 AM
They are going to do it kind of like lebron did minus the the decision hoopla he did. Both of those guys will leave their respectful teams as free agents.

yea but melo isnt from denver... so i think for that reason alone (and that people like to hate on lebron cuz they know he's the best but dont want to admit that or that this heat team will steam roll what ever team they like) they will get less heat (no pun intended) if that happens than lebron....
but they will still get crap for it... atleast they should

SNYmets86
08-14-2010, 10:19 AM
i hope cp3 doesn't come to Nyc .... i see another diva .. another lebron... give me d.will
and i'll be happy

Brooklyn Mets
08-14-2010, 10:25 AM
they wont get as much ******* as LeBron got..

unless they have a TV special and start dancing around with each other too..

DeShaun Brown
08-14-2010, 10:26 AM
If CP3 ever gets traded, it won't be until the 2011-12 trade deadline at the earliest. I think it's more probable that the Knicks will get Tony Parker instead.

NBA-GMaster
08-14-2010, 10:28 AM
But then melo would have the option to bolt, because he would be a free agent at the end of the season. :confused:

Its a 50% possibility that the NOH will trade CP3 to Knicks..
With this kind of lineup you would surely resign for 3-5 years..
O'Neal/O'Neal/Ehdren
Garnett/Davis/Harangody
Anthony/Balkman
Allen/Daniels/Wafer
Rondo/Robinson/Bradley

80-95% Nuggets will accept this trade, getting Pierce and Perkins plus a 1st rd pick for Melo(whose gonna be a FA next offseason)

kntresistheheat
08-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Cp3 or Carmelo is not viewed as the next big thing. Do you see anyone bashing Bosh? They are bashing Lebron only he was viewed as the next great one.

And that is why it's so lame! I mean does anyone stop to think if Jordan did not win after spending 7 years of his career with out winning a ring that would of not bolt to a different team? I think he would of done it, he'll he was getting pissed off when he couldn't get out the first round and when the pistons always took him out. Can you imagine Jordan the greatest player ever not winning a ring? Just because of being loyal to a team that did not want to put the right pieces together at his prime! Not to mention it was more difficult for lebron because of the city he played for it was a small market team and they could not get a big name in there in their prime. At least Jordan played for a big market and got the right players to win. Yes I know pippen was a rookie with the bulls.

NBA-GMaster
08-14-2010, 10:38 AM
And that is why it's so lame! I mean does anyone stop to think if Jordan did not win after spending 7 years of his career with out winning a ring that would of not bolt to a different team? I think he would of done it, he'll he was getting pissed off when he couldn't get out the first round and when the pistons always took him out. Can you imagine Jordan the greatest player ever not winning a ring? Just because of being loyal to a team that did not want to put the right pieces together at his prime! Not to mention it was more difficult for lebron because of the city he played for it was a small market team and they could not get a big name in there in their prime. At least Jordan played for a big market and got the right players to win. Yes I know pippen was a rookie with the bulls.

:rock:

ldawg
08-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Because no one has surpass him he will be that bar until someone surpass him then they become that bar. until then get use to it. Jordon hush critics not join them.

Slimsim
08-14-2010, 10:49 AM
I think we have a real legit Shot at Melo. Now Cp3 I don't think or see him in a New York Jersey. I also think orlando will start Looking for expiring contracts by 2012 to get cp3 to play with Howard to keep Howard in Orlando. I don't think people would hate on Carmelo I think after this season people would cheer and root for Melo if he goes to NY to take down the big three in Miami.

HornetsSolution
08-14-2010, 10:59 AM
The way I look at it is depends on what happen. I think Melo want get blasted but Paul just mite. Melo and Chris really want to play together and they know it is possible to happen. If NY sign Melo and don't sign Tony Parker than its a great chance that Paul will come and Paul will get blasted because NO aleast tryed to put players around him and he just walked after 2yrs anyway. But if NY sign Parker before Melo than Melo want sign with NY. If NO shows interested than he probably will sign with Paul team. Time a Tell...

NBA-GMaster
08-14-2010, 10:59 AM
CP3 going to Orlando will be a great fit.. The next stockton and malone.. Nice!!
"Paul to Howard(alley-oop), Howard to Paul(for 3)" I like it!!

jp611
08-14-2010, 11:06 AM

jordan did spend that much time without winning a ring

DeShaun Brown
08-14-2010, 11:06 AM
The way I look at it is depends on what happen. I think Melo want get blasted but Paul just mite. Melo and Chris really want to play together and they know it is possible to happen. If NY sign Melo and don't sign Tony Parker than its a great chance that Paul will come and Paul will get blasted because NO aleast tryed to put players around him and he just walked after 2yrs anyway. But if NY sign Parker before Melo than Melo want sign with NY. If NO shows interested than he probably will sign with Paul team. Time a Tell...

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I just want you to clarify what you're saying here. Are you saying that if NY signs Parker before Melo, that Melo won't sign with NY?

GMEN4EVER
08-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Its a 50% possibility that the NOH will trade CP3 to Knicks..
With this kind of lineup you would surely resign for 3-5 years..
O'Neal/O'Neal/Ehdren
Garnett/Davis/Harangody
Anthony/Balkman
Allen/Daniels/Wafer
Rondo/Robinson/Bradley

80-95% Nuggets will accept this trade, getting Pierce and Perkins plus a 1st rd pick for Melo(whose gonna be a FA next offseason)

Dude, Melo is not going to Boston. And even if they did do the trade no way would Melo resign for 3-5 years with that team. That's a terrible line up after this season. Allen and KG have maybe 1, 2 years at the most of being good players. He'd be stuck with only Rondo being a very good player on his team. Makes absolutely no sense for him to stay with Boston, or for the Nuggets to take that trade. They'd want a young player or two, Pierce is getting a bit up there in age, not someone you'd rebuild with. And perkins just blew out his knee, he wasn't the most mobile of big men to begin with.

kntresistheheat
08-14-2010, 11:38 AM
jordan did spend that much time without winning a ring

Yes I know this, that is why I said that:confused:

jrm2054
08-14-2010, 11:43 AM
i would not call them pucks bc they r just countering what bron did

jp611
08-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Yes I know this, that is why I said that:confused:

you said can you imagine what jordan would have done if he spent 7 years without winning a ring????

kntresistheheat
08-14-2010, 11:51 AM
you said can you imagine what jordan would have done if he spent 7 years without winning a ring????

I ment to put if he spent more than 7 years with out winning a ring.:p Im on my Iphone....My bad

HornetsSolution
08-14-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I just want you to clarify what you're saying here. Are you saying that if NY signs Parker before Melo, that Melo won't sign with NY?

Yeah my bad. Text fingers. Kinda hard to make corrections when you are using a cell phone.

TheWatcher34
08-14-2010, 12:11 PM
i can see a combo of Amare, CP3 and Melo being able to build good chemistry between them quicker and easier than Wade, Bron and Bosh can

kozelkid
08-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I think they are punks already for disrespecting their teams before it is even an option. Especially CP3. To think he was once an innocent, modest, good kid only a couple years ago. Sadly that's what fame does to you.

smith&wesson
08-14-2010, 12:32 PM
theres a difference between going on national television and having an hour special for your departure and just leaving...

Also theres a difference from leaving your home state to play somewhere else and leaving somewhere else to come play for your home state.

so no, mello wont be hated on like lebron... its the way lebron left that made him public enemy # 1.

KNIXX46
08-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I just have one question? Will everyone start calling Carmelo and cp3 "punks" or start bashing them for leaving their team to go to NY to form a trio of their own?

Trust me, melo will go to NY! His wife is from there and he played ball out there and you know if cp3 ain't traded there he will be at the end of the season??? Which I am fine with that cause it would a perfect system for them, that run and gun offense . I am hoping that this does happen, so Miami can catch a break and let NY get it for a while!

depends, see lebron played himself with the decision and all leading cle on crap. bosh was ok because everyone knew he was bouncin from tor. the only stupid move he really did was let the cat out the bag with the playing with people's emotions tweet. wade said never really wanted to leave, he was straight up. all he did was check his options.

cp3 had made it clear he wants to leave unless nola gets him some help. melo hasn't said much, as long as he doesn't act stupid on the way out the door he'll be fine...

CowboysKB24
08-14-2010, 01:24 PM

They have no choice now. You people are so dumb. Teams and players have no choice, but to join up. I can't wait for the playoffs. Heat aren't making the finals. Lakers are definitely making it.

KNIXX46
08-14-2010, 01:29 PM
theres a difference between going on national television and having an hour special for your departure and just leaving...

Also theres a difference from leaving your home state to play somewhere else and leaving somewhere else to come play for your home state.

so no, mello wont be hated on like lebron... its the way lebron left that made him public enemy # 1.

don't forget he went from alpha male to 2d bannana...:facepalm:

kntresistheheat
08-14-2010, 01:37 PM
They have no choice now. You people are so dumb. Teams and players have no choice, but to join up. I can't wait for the playoffs. Heat aren't making the finals. Lakers are definitely making it.

No one had a choice when the lakers and celtics stacked up a bunch of allstars:facepalm: thats when it all started in this era anyways. Cause this has been going on since the 80's.

Jewelz0376
08-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Even if both of them do go to NY they won't be good enough to beat the Heat until Melo and Amare learn to play some D

YankeeFanAlways
08-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I think we have a real legit Shot at Melo. Now Cp3 I don't think or see him in a New York Jersey. I also think orlando will start Looking for expiring contracts by 2012 to get cp3 to play with Howard to keep Howard in Orlando. I don't think people would hate on Carmelo I think after this season people would cheer and root for Melo if he goes to NY to take down the big three in Miami.

I completely agree Slimsim...I think most NBA fans will look to the Knicks to be David to LeBums Goliath.

ldawg
08-14-2010, 02:55 PM
no no no cp3 and Melo are not viewed like Lebron were. That is why him going to Miami is disappointing. And the one hour special was really stupid.

mjqusoldier
08-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Even if both of them do go to NY they won't be good enough to beat the Heat until Melo and Amare learn to play some D

Na the knicks would beat the heat because the knicks would have a much better supporting cast and bench.

KNIXX46
08-14-2010, 03:10 PM

gonna laugh if we beat you as is....

oak2455
08-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Thats the thing thats gotta be the cheesiest bush league thing I have ever seen in all sports:)

Vee-Rex
08-14-2010, 04:03 PM
You have to look at it from an entire perspective.

1. Lebron said on national television in 2006 that he would never chase a ring and he will bring one to Cleveland.

2. Cleveland was a GREAT basketball team. You can't compare CP3's team to that team. You can't compare Melo's team (good but no chance to win a ring) to Cleveland's team. Cleveland only had Jamison for half a year. He was not fully integrated in Cleveland. Boston would be a year older in 2011, as well as L.A. Cavaliers would had had a good chance to win it all if he stayed.

3. Cleveland is Lebron's home city. Don't listen to that BS he mentinoed about only Akron, cause when he played in Cleveland he openly acknowledged it as his city. Denver is not Melo's home city and New Orleans isn't CP3's home city.

4. CP3's team never made as many moves to make him happy. Neither did the Nuggets for Anthony. The Cavs? They did everything he wanted. He was the King of Cleveland.

5. He didn't tell Cleveland about his decision and everyone waited until his one-hour special. He could have at least gave the Cavs a heads up.

So my point. There's no way you can compare Melo and CP3 leaving to join New York to Lebron's running to Miami. Not only that, but he's the best player in the league and I have a hard time imagining the best player in the league (in any era) leaving to chase a ring and join OTHER superstars on their respective teams.

Even if MJ never won a ring he wouldn't have become someone's sidekick. If anyone says that then they have no idea how competitive MJ was.

m26555
08-14-2010, 04:07 PM
No; he wouldn't have. Jordan had a competitive drive that NO ONE in the sport of basketball had, has, or will EVER have. He made it his mission to win in Chicago from the moment he put on a Bulls' jersey.

SouthSideRookie
08-14-2010, 06:29 PM
It doesn't compare at all, and besides, I doubt Melo or CP3 will have a 1 hour special to announce their decision.

Jewelz0376
08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Na the knicks would beat the heat because the knicks would have a much better supporting cast and bench.

How do you even know that??..thats 1 or 2 seasons from now....They Heat will have a better bench and supporting cast too...

Jewelz0376
08-14-2010, 07:04 PM
gonna laugh if we beat you as is....

They might win a game during the regular season, but there is NO WAY they would beat the heat in a series..."as is"

SouthSideRookie
08-14-2010, 07:11 PM

I agree

15carlos21
08-14-2010, 10:01 PM
i dont think you can consider them punks.... bc of what Lebron wade and bosh did this is wat needs to be done to compete now...those three ruined the NBA IMO they should get rid of 10-15 teams bc there are not enough good players to go around anymore, so many teams just have no chance right now